HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Merc," Chip asked after pushing her way out from the bread and climbing to Elliot's shoulder, "do you do portraits?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the darkened silo, a series of pulleys and levers enabled one mouse to close the silo door as the last of a group sent to reclaim their spears trotted in and assembled before their commander.

"You shouldn't have done that," said a small voice, rushing to keep up with the eyepatched Mouse as he assessed his troops. "I could've managed to convince that kitten to go, I'm sure.
"Funny," the other replied, turning to look at his 'equal' with contempt that screwed up his facial scars, "it looked more like he was coming in! Let one think it's welcome here and more will come. We'll lose this home same as we did the park."
"But... Scratch, all that will happen now is that more of them WILL come! You've shown they can be hurt. It means they'll send hunters. Hunters, Scratch!"
"I've dealt with hunters before, Kilo, and I can face them again. The traps laid in here can protect us and so can my army," he added, gesturing to the fifty spear-wielding mice in front of them. "Although I suppose it might be an idea to split our people for safety sake. You can take the other women and the youngsters to safety for a few days and the Males will set up ready for the bigs reply."
"But..."
Scratch sighed. "Oh get lost, Kilo. Go run and hide. Come back when all the fighting's done. As you always do."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "Greetings sir" Nadia chuckled , a little bit sinisterly "As wonderful as that may sounds , I'm not . I do , however , wish for you to stop Oreo's neutering , because there's no need for that . And since I've accidentally eavesdropped on your conversation with him just now , sorry about that , I wish to express my opinion on the matter as well . And since I know we both want what we think is the best for Oreo , I really wish you would hear me out before reaching the final decision." she said , stopping for a few seconds so that the human could ready himself.

So i take it, your the one who has alerted, and upset Oreo over what was planned for him. (Sigh) You might as well have your crack at me. I've already had Paul, Animal control, and the City office of pet welfare, counselor. All telling me everything i have done wrong so far, and what i need to do.
serence ice fox wrote:There is nothing stopping another family , with another skunk pet , moving into town , or even a feral wandering in , searching for a home and wishes to become a pet , in fact , the latter scenario already happened . And according to Mr.Walton here , he's done many de-scent procedure before."

I don't think that is very likely. Animal control didn't want to give Oreo back to me at all. They wanted to relocate him back out into the forest, ship him to the Zoo, or if there wasn't room there put him down. It took a lot of lobbing with the Pet counselor, to get Oreo back, instead of him being put down.

Gorge laughs a bit over the phone.. You should ask Doctor Walton to tell the story, about when they had to alter and de-scent the Zoo skunks, an how badly that turned out for them! Which is why we didn't want Oreo getting wind of what was going to happen to him.

serence ice fox wrote:"Second , again I'm not trying to criticize you for stating your reason , but sir , you're asking , a very young kit , having spent a large amount of his pet life socializing with no one else but you and your lover , so much that his definition of "going outside" is being allowed to go from his pet house to your car , to come up with a potential mate right here and now , without any chance to find one , a task that is , literally , impossible" the fox said , sighing and facepawing at the same time , knowing she might have been a little bit overaggressive , but still , there's one more point she needed to let out , after taking a deep breath to calm herself down that is.

According to City records, and Animal control reports. There are no other skunk pets anywhere near by. An the local feral population consists mostly of Raccoons, Opossums, Deer, and a few Foxes. There have been no reports of skunks among the ferals, given the fact i imported Oreo from outside of this area.
serence ice fox wrote:"Third and finally , even though I'm taking the risk of being proven wrong right after saying this , I still need to say it regardless . I do not think having him neutered is necessary at all . Specifically , I can't see why it is a bad thing to leave him with the ability to reproduce I mean like I've pointed out just now , many humans can't find their mate , so......are they forced to have the same thing be done to them like what's going to happen to Oreo ? Even if I place him in a scenario where meeting a female skunk is a really slim chance , that would only increase in importance of keeping him from being neutered because of how rare that opportunity of having a family of his own comes by . And I don't think I even need to tell you the kind of joy people seem to get when a new child of theirs is born . Don't take that away from him for no real reason , you saved his life , so please , don't ruin it . I understand why he needed to be de-scented , because it would cause discomfort to others and to himself , but what kind of issues could this one cause to anyone ?"

The question is, Do i want to risk leave him a stud skunk. Having his personality changing, becoming dominate and getting into fights? On the off chance, that one day we might find a compatible mate for him to have kits with. I'm told spotted skunks are very common, so there is no risk to the species if he is unsexed.
Then there is one thing you haven't mentioned, the financial responsibility an owner has. There is the cost of food, shelter, medical care, insurance liability, Licensing, entertainment for each pet you own. If or when Oreo has kits, I'll be responsible for them as well along with the females owner, if there is one. This could quickly get beyond my ability to pay to care for them all. I can't just raise his kits feral style, trying my best and hope most of them survive. I would be held responsible for the welfare of each and every kits survival and well being.
This may sound harsh and cruel, but if i don't believe i have the resources to support him having kits. Then i need to control his ability to have them with the neutering.
Do you see the position i'm in, Miss Nadia?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The cat looks up at chip, "Yeah I do portraits, want one?" He chuckled, pulling more materials out of his bag
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Esper wrote:The cat looks up at chip, "Yeah I do portraits, want one?" He chuckled, pulling more materials out of his bag
"Only if I don't have to pay," Chip replied, angling what she thought was her best side.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, Oreo. Hutch whispered to the skunk.
It's very loud. Hutch smiles at the skunk as he pointed out the obvious.
I know, for me, getting a new owner is nearly impossible, because of my past, and what I was accused of. Hutch said.
I truly had the intent on leaving Alice once I realized that I like it here. If Christopher gives me the chance to stay, then I will. He said.
I know it's none of my business... but why would you want kits? Hutch asked.
---
Roo walked up to the entrance of the kennels and opened the door. A wave of loud noise flowed from the kennels, so she immediately shut the door.
I'll wait 'til Hutch is done freaking out. Roo said, then walked back to the waiting room.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot covers his maw and giggles.

"Money's not an issue Chip."

Elliot pulls out a coin pouch.

"How much?"
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Alwaes fun, Unkle Leroy," Leslie said, trotting happily after the Human.
Leroy chuckles A little. "Thought you might say that.." He says with a smirk. "Ah, I have an idea.. Wait here a second.."

Leroy ambles into his study for a few seconds, returning with a large stack of cardboard boxes with pictures and titles on them, the top one saying 'Map of England Jigsaw' as he lays the pile on the floor.

"This.." He says, gesturing to the pile. "Is a little collection of board games and puzzles for when the power cuts out or something.. I was thinking we play some of these instead of having the TV on so we don't disturb Aron and Vera.." Leroy shifts the pile closer to his chair with the side of his foot, then sits down. "You have first pick. I think the best one's are at the bottom.."

(Ooc: Still not dead or anything! I'm still here! Had stuff (for Christmas) to sort out..)

(P.s: I just realised the time.. It's 2:36Am to me.. I should go bed.. -_-)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He's right, Nadia." Paul says gently. "And there are actually a lot of health benefits from being neutered. I can show you all kinds of peer-reviewed journal articles about it. Frankly I'm surprised more humans haven't had it done and that there's so much stigma attached to it."

~~~~
"You know, I hadn't even thought of that..." Joan fidgets with her ring while she thinks. "I think he should be OK with it...He's independent and he's got all his new friends to keep him occupied. John and I, our work has kept us busy a lot in the past so Flynn is fairly used to being on his own anyway... Do many pets have issues when their owners have children?"

~~~~
Piper laughs at Lucky's quip. "I'm sure you'll do just fine. And the fact that you're already familiar with music will help a lot." She affixes a clip to the neck of her guitar so that it plays in the same key as the ukulele and then begins demonstrating some basic chord progressions, showing Lucky the fingering as she goes and having him try to copy her, encouraging him as he needs it.

~~~~
Samantha sees the door open and Roo's nose poke in before the dog disappears again, so she follows he new arrival to see what she wants and catches us with her just as she reaches the waiting area.
"Hey. Did you need a hand with anything? I saw you poke your nose into the cage shed just then."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Hey, Oreo. Hutch whispered to the skunk.
It's very loud. Hutch smiles at the skunk as he pointed out the obvious.
I know, for me, getting a new owner is nearly impossible, because of my past, and what I was accused of. Hutch said.
I truly had the intent on leaving Alice once I realized that I like it here. If Christopher gives me the chance to stay, then I will. He said.
I know it's none of my business... but why would you want kits? Hutch asked.

Because it seems to be one of the three things feral's really care about!
Oreo starts counting on his fingers..
#1, finding food. #2, finding shelter. #3, finding a mate to breed with.

~~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote: "You know, I hadn't even thought of that..." Joan fidgets with her ring while she thinks. "I think he should be OK with it...He's independent and he's got all his new friends to keep him occupied. John and I, our work has kept us busy a lot in the past so Flynn is fairly used to being on his own anyway... Do many pets have issues when their owners have children?"
I really don't know how often it happens, other than it does happen.
You would need to talk with Paul and Samantha about that, and how to deal with any issues that come up. There a lot more experienced with such issues than i am. The livestock i work with, generally don't care enough to have such issues. nor are they living in the house with you.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

But, your not a feral any more. I know how much fun breeding is, but if you think about it... it isn't essential for a pet to breed. If u seriously want kits, you can... Well, freeze... anyways, that's what I did. It was sent to Texas A&M. I'm pretty sure you can do the same. Even if you were neutered, you could still clone yourself. Granted, he would probably be more or less aggressive, but he'd still be from you. Hutch said.
If you want... I'll get the procedure done first, and tell you if your missing out on anything you could do with them. Hutch offered the skunk.
---
I was going to check on Hutch, but it was a bit noisy. I'll just wait out here until it gets quieter. Roo told the vet.How is he?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote:
I don't think that is very likely. Animal control didn't want to give Oreo back to me at all. They wanted to relocate him back out into the forest, ship him to the Zoo, or if there wasn't room there put him down. It took a lot of lobbing with the Pet counselor, to get Oreo back, instead of him being put down.

Gorge laughs a bit over the phone.. You should ask Doctor Walton to tell the story, about when they had to alter and de-scent the Zoo skunks, an how badly that turned out for them! Which is why we didn't want Oreo getting wind of what was going to happen to him.
"yes I understand that you're going through quite a few things right now so that Oreo could come back to you . But I don't think that the real problem here is Oreo being a skunk , but it's just that he's not a registered pet , if he were , I don't think they would've done anything to him . Sure they may have told you all sort of excuses , like how it is bad for him , skunks are not suited to be pet , you're doing something against the law by keeping him at pets , or it would be better for him and you to do this thing or that thing . But like I said , it's all excuses . From what I've seen from humans , and I'm sorry for saying this since you're a human yourself , they seem to have this tendency of going out of their way to cause problems to others , including and especially other humans . Unless of course you give them something they want under the table . But that's beside the point , the point is , it is in their best interest to give you as much trouble as possible , in fact it is their jobs to do so . And before you try to defend them sir , we're talking about the same people whose way of solving problem is "at the moment we don't have a place for this perfectly healthy animal ,so you know what ? let's kill it instead of setting it free into the wild , thereby eliminating any chance of its survival at all , instead of letting it take its chances and possibly survive , because we can." , so yeah , I don't know about you sir but to an animal like myself , that's not saying a whole lot in their favor . And like I've said before , this is a pet friendly community , their is nothing stopping another pet skunk to move in , as long as that skunk is already a pet , their would be no problem . Also , please keep in mind that I've already mentioned another feral who recently come into town and now becoming a pet , this feral , is the kind of animal who can kill a grown man in less than 10 seconds , so please don't tell me that a couple of skunks is more problematic than the possibility of being killed , because if that's the case then this place already has a bigger problem ."
Keeshah wrote: According to City records, and Animal control reports. There are no other skunk pets anywhere near by. An the local feral population consists mostly of Raccoons, Opossums, Deer, and a few Foxes. There have been no reports of skunks among the ferals, given the fact i imported Oreo from outside of this area.
"Yes like we've agreed on early on , there are no skunk pets around here now , doesn't means there never was and never will be . And like I've brought up before , a man can go about his whole life , more or less from 45 to 90 years , without ever finding a woman for himself , and everything in his body stays where they are , there is no use for that certain part of his during that entire time , but no one even suggest to cut it off , why is this any different . Here's another thing , sir , are you sure , 100% sure , that you would never move , ever , again ? Not even if it's for a better job , better pay , or for other reasons ? You did just move here after all . And , while this is not an argument or an opinion , I just want to tell you something , just because there're no reports of feral skunks , doesn't mean that there really are no skunks , it just means that as far as you know , there has been no skunks encountered . Just because you assume something isn't there , or you don't know about , doesn't mean that it's not there , you can trust me on that."
Keeshah wrote: The question is, Do i want to risk leave him a stud skunk. Having his personality changing, becoming dominate and getting into fights? On the off chance, that one day we might find a compatible mate for him to have kits with. I'm told spotted skunks are very common, so there is no risk to the species if he is unsexed.
Then there is one thing you haven't mentioned, the financial responsibility an owner has. There is the cost of food, shelter, medical care, insurance liability, Licensing, entertainment for each pet you own. If or when Oreo has kits, I'll be responsible for them as well along with the females owner, if there is one. This could quickly get beyond my ability to pay to care for them all. I can't just raise his kits feral style, trying my best and hope most of them survive. I would be held responsible for the welfare of each and every kits survival and well being.
This may sound harsh and cruel, but if i don't believe i have the resources to support him having kits. Then i need to control his ability to have them with the neutering.
Do you see the position i'm in, Miss Nadia?
Hlaoroo wrote:"He's right, Nadia." Paul says gently. "And there are actually a lot of health benefits from being neutered. I can show you all kinds of peer-reviewed journal articles about it. Frankly I'm surprised more humans haven't had it done and that there's so much stigma attached to it."
"whether that health benefit worth exchanging for is up to each person's point of view , Mr.Walton" Nadia answered , rubbing her forehead a little bit . It seems that all of these talking and arguing is taking its toll more than the fox imagined , because she was starting to feel a little headache and lightheaded .
"Anyway , sir" get got back to the debate at hand "Yes , I understand what you're saying , and that is absolutely reasonable , there's nothing wrong with that . But let me ask you something . Like you've said before , other skunks would never agree to be de-scented , ever . So would it surprises you at all when you find out that Oreo accepted it the moment he got an explanation ? It's not because he's promised a treat , been threatened into agreeing , or tricked into doing so , it is because he's your pet . You taught him how to obey humans as a pet , you taught him not to act like a feral around humans , and he in turn tries to be the best pet he could be so that he could be with you , pleases you . So with that said sir , let me ask you , are you still so uncertain about your own ability of raising even a pet ? Doubting your own ability to keep him in check , and his whole intention of being a good pet , just because of something you have no control over ? I'm not saying you're a bad owner because you're obviously not , given how much of a good pet Oreo is , but if you still doubt yourself then that's not his fault . So what if he would become dominate ? He's a male ! They're supposed to be like that ! If he turns out to be a bad skunk after that , it's because you did something wrong along the way , not him . So if you're afraid of him turning out that way , then try harder , do better at teaching him what's right and what's wrong , don't make someone else suffer a lost because you chose the easy way out for yourself . And it's not even gonna work , if you say outright right now "No , I don't have the ability to teach my pet to be a good one , so I'll just do this instead" then you've essentially given up on raising him at all . So he could still turns out to be a bad one , and becomes aggressive enough to get into fights , even after being neutered . Allow me to put this into some other scenario you could understand better . Human teenagers , we all heard so many complains about how teenagers are immature , annoying , they gets in to fight , they cause troubles , all of that , just like any other animals when their body is changing . Yes spotted Skunks are not that rare , but neither are humans , so let's say a couple of thousands of parents across the world don't want their sons to become like those teenagers out there , and decide to do that to their children , yeah it wouldn't cause the utter extinction of human race , but it's still gonna be a problem , isn't it ? Finally , about your financial issue , just like what I've said about your doubting of your own teaching ability , saying that you can't afford it without even try is kinda pessimistic . Yes I know that's a lot of money each month we're talking about . But you can't say for sure unless you try . There's always a good way to go , but if you think you can't do it , then no matter what , you will never make it . Try , harder , you do have to have kids of your own at some point , don't you ? If you can't even do this , then , I'm sorry , what will happen then ? Or maybe it's already happened ."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:But, your not a feral any more. I know how much fun breeding is, but if you think about it... it isn't essential for a pet to breed. If u seriously want kits, you can... Well, freeze... anyways, that's what I did. It was sent to Texas A&M. I'm pretty sure you can do the same. Even if you were neutered, you could still clone yourself. Granted, he would probably be more or less aggressive, but he'd still be from you. Hutch said.
If you want... I'll get the procedure done first, and tell you if your missing out on anything you could do with them. Hutch offered the skunk.

HUH? ofcourse i'm a feral.. Freeze? how can being cold help me have kits??
Oreo looks around in Paul's lap.
I don't believe my owner is going to send me to Texas, to breed after i've been neutered..
Oreo eyes were almost spinning in confusion at what the collie was telling him.

~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"He's right, Nadia." Paul says gently. "And there are actually a lot of health benefits from being neutered. I can show you all kinds of peer-reviewed journal articles about it. Frankly I'm surprised more humans haven't had it done and that there's so much stigma attached to it."
Nadia wrote:"whether that health benefit worth exchanging for is up to each person's point of view , Mr.Walton" Nadia answered , rubbing her forehead a little bit . It seems that all of these talking and arguing is taking its toll more than the fox imagined , because she was starting to feel a little headache and lightheaded .
"Yes , I understand what you're saying , and that is absolutely reasonable , there's nothing wrong with that . But let me ask you something . Like you've said before , other skunks would never agree to be de-scented , ever . So would it surprises you at all when you find out that Oreo accepted it the moment he got an explanation ? It's not because he's promised a treat , been threatened into agreeing , or tricked into doing so , it is because he's your pet.
I never asked him, or told him to get de-scented. Remember? the plan was to have that done without him ever knowing, and then deal with the aftermath. He decided on his own, it was in his best interest to be de-scented. once it was explained to him.
Nadia wrote: I'm not saying you're a bad owner because you're obviously not , given how much of a good pet Oreo is , but if you still doubt yourself then that's not his fault . So what if he would become dominate ? He's a male ! They're supposed to be like that ! Try , harder , you do have to have kids of your own at some point , don't you ? If you can't even do this , then , I'm sorry , what will happen then ? Or maybe it's already happened ."[/color]

But his becoming dominate is preventable. An i'm sure there are a lot of parents who wish they could have there kids fixed, many of them deservingly so.
Gorge coughs, and his voice tone changes. more shaky, tense.
Oreo is my child.. I can't have kids... You could say, Cancer had me neutered.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: I never asked him, or told him to get de-scented. Remember? the plan was to have that done without him ever knowing, and then deal with the aftermath. He decided on his own, it was in his best interest to be de-scented. once it was explained to him.
"Which proves that he is in fact , more reasonable than most skunks out there , therefore you could still train him to control his behavior after he matured and begins to display dominance"
Keeshah wrote: But his becoming dominate is preventable. An i'm sure there are a lot of parents who wish they could have there kids fixed, many of them deservingly so.
"But they still would never do it ! That's the point ! It's not the becoming dominate itself , but what he does and how he behaves after that is the problem . A problem which you have the ability to affect , but you choose to avoid it by doing this ! Just because Oreo is "owned" by you as a pet and not actually your child , doesn't mean you could do anything you want to him . You have no righ-"
Keeshah wrote:Gorge coughs, and his voice tone changes. more shaky, tense.
Oreo is my child.. I can't have kids... You could say, Cancer had me neutered.
".....sir...I...." Nadia stuttered , facepawing and sighing again . She hated it when this kind of things happen in the middle of an argument .Yeah she could even cross the line and go on just to argue with this guy ,but she's not a human , and not so heartless that she would stomp on someone's pain , even if that someone's ironically , a human , she needed to find something else to say , and this annoying headache and dizziness wasn't helping either.
"I'm sorry , I didn't know......" she apologized , after a few second of fruitless attempt to find the right words to say
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Alwaes fun, Unkle Leroy," Leslie said, trotting happily after the Human.
Leroy chuckles A little. "Thought you might say that.." He says with a smirk. "Ah, I have an idea.. Wait here a second.."

Leroy ambles into his study for a few seconds, returning with a large stack of cardboard boxes with pictures and titles on them, the top one saying 'Map of England Jigsaw' as he lays the pile on the floor.

"This.." He says, gesturing to the pile. "Is a little collection of board games and puzzles for when the power cuts out or something.. I was thinking we play some of these instead of having the TV on so we don't disturb Aron and Vera.." Leroy shifts the pile closer to his chair with the side of his foot, then sits down. "You have first pick. I think the best one's are at the bottom.."
"Hmm," Leslie said, looking through the pile with one hand as the other stayed under his chin in thought. "This wun?" he said, holding up the Monopoly. (U.K. edition)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip did her best not to move until Mercury told her she could...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Huh? No, this'll be free." Mercury smiled, beginning to sketch the form of Chip
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: It's not the becoming dominate itself, but what he does and how he behaves after that is the problem. A problem which you have the ability to affect, but you choose to avoid it by doing this!
"He is in fact, more reasonable than most skunks out there. Therefore you could still train him to control his behavior after he matured and begins to display dominance"
Just because Oreo is "owned" by you as a pet and not actually your child , doesn't mean you should do anything you want to him . "

I'll give that some consideration.
serence ice fox wrote:".....sir...I...." Nadia stuttered , facepawing and sighing again . She hated it when this kind of things happen in the middle of an argument .
"I'm sorry , I didn't know......" she apologized , after a few second of fruitless attempt to find the right words to say

It is all right, how could you have known that before now?
Mr. Nordic's voice becomes more stable again.
It is because Oreo is a owned pet, that he doesn't have all the protections a human child would have. So i have to be very careful with what i do now, so he doesn't get taken away again.
Mr. Walton, are you still there?
The city has already issued his pet license and permits, an he is listed as having been neutered in his paperwork.
Can this be changed, or Are we legally committed to carrying out the procedure at this point?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:
The city has already issued his pet license and permits, an he is listed as having been neutered in his paperwork.
Can this be changed, or Are we legally committed to carrying out the procedure at this point?
Nadia looked at Paul , in hope that the answer would be "yes you can change it" ,even though the chances are slim , but still.....
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch, your confusing the skunk. Christopher cut in.
Right, never mind everything else that I said. Hutch told the skunk.
I can get neutered, and then tell you how it feels. That way, you can see for yourself if its bad. Hutch told the skunk.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Hutch, your confusing the skunk. Christopher cut in.
Right, never mind everything else that I said. Hutch told the skunk.
I can get neutered, and then tell you how it feels. That way, you can see for yourself if its bad. Hutch told the skunk.
Oreo's jaw hits the floor! By falling off Paul's lap and face planting into the cage floor..
he climbs up the side of the cage to face Hutch, looking all shocked and wide eyed.
W-w Why would you want to do THAT? for me??
You don't even know me.. I mean i don't even know what to say to that..
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can I move yet?" Chip asked, trying not to move in case it ruined a perfect work of art.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keeshah wrote: It is because Oreo is a owned pet, that he doesn't have all the protections a human child would have. So i have to be very careful with what i do now, so he doesn't get taken away again.
"I'm still here..." Paul seriously considers for a few moments.
"In order to have Oreo registered as a neutered pet, I had to sign a form saying that it would be done. Legally and ethically, if he's to be a pet with his current paperwork, I have to do the procedure or both Mr. Nordic and I can get in big trouble. The only option, therefore, is to either try to redo the application or do the procedure. And I doubt the city hall would put through the application a second time. The gentleman who works in the office there and handles those sorts of applications is... well, he's rather set in his ways and I've found him to be less than cooperative in the past. He could end up having Oreo taken away from us or worse..." He's more than a bit surprised to his Hutch's offer.
"You know, Hutch, if we did you too, it might help you settle down and destress a little too, since you won't have all the hormones running around any more." Paul looks across at Nadia to see how she's taking the news and notices she's swaying slightly, as though she's dizzy. He exits and locks Oreo's cage and crosses back into Nadia's leaving the phone with the skunk so he can keep talking.
"Are you OK, Nadia?" He checks her capillary refill time and blood pressure and then removes her from the chair, lying her on her back with her paws resting on the seat she'd just vacated.
"I did warn you not to get worked up. Your blood pressure is still far too low. Keep going like this and you'll have to sty another night."

~~~~
"Hutch is doing fine. The noise was nothing to do with him. I think I spoke with you briefly earlier, didn't I? Has anyone explained to you what's been happening?"

~~~~
"True. They wouldn't. I'll talk to Paul and Samantha though. Thanks... You know, I have heard of people living with pet pigs. Do they count as livestock?"

~~~~
"You should see the picture Mercury did last night of a rose. You could almost swear it was a real one that had been pressed and glued onto the page! Do you still have that picture somewhere, Mercury?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "I'm still here..." Paul seriously considers for a few moments.
"In order to have Oreo registered as a neutered pet, I had to sign a form saying that it would be done. Legally and ethically, if he's to be a pet with his current paperwork, I have to do the procedure or both Mr. Nordic and I can get in big trouble. The only option, therefore, is to either try to redo the application or do the procedure. And I doubt the city hall would put through the application a second time. The gentleman who works in the office there and handles those sorts of applications is... well, he's rather set in his ways and I've found him to be less than cooperative in the past. He could end up having Oreo taken away from us or worse..."
of course everything has to be so flipping hard when it comes to dealing with these *** **** humans..... Nadia thought , frustrated , angry , and as if that wasn't enough , her head was hurting so much she literally couldn't even see clearly anymore.
Hlaoroo wrote:Paul looks across at Nadia to see how she's taking the news and notices she's swaying slightly, as though she's dizzy. He exits and locks Oreo's cage and crosses back into Nadia's leaving the phone with the skunk so he can keep talking.
"Are you OK, Nadia?" He checks her capillary refill time and blood pressure and then removes her from the chair, lying her on her back with her paws resting on the seat she'd just vacated.
"I did warn you not to get worked up. Your blood pressure is still far too low. Keep going like this and you'll have to sty another night."
"I'm fine , Mr.Walton" the fox scolded "I'm not the one who should be worried about right now" She said , and stayed quite for almost a whole minute before she even realized she was angry at Paul , for kind of a wrong reason "I'm sorry , Mr.Walton , I just ....." she apologized , but stopped mid way , since she couldn't even bother to explain anymore. Instead , she return to the man on the phone , while looking at the skunk in the other cage
"Sir , I've tried everything I can to try to persuade you into reconsidering you choice about this . But things has come to such a risk , so the only thing I can do now is to let the final decision be made between you and Oreo . Please explain everything to him , including the risk of each option , and if you really respect him enough to not make him sing for food , then please respect his choice now" she said , then finally gave the phone back to Oreo.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're NOT fine, Nadia. I can tell. I have been a vet for quite a few years, you know. I can read the signs. And you are the one I need to be worrying about now since you're the one in immediate danger. What would I tell your owner if I let you get so worked up that you burst your stitches and collapsed again?" As Nadia leans over to pass the phone back to Oreo, Paul rolls her over a little further and checks her temperature before letting her roll back onto her back again.
"Are you feeling dizzy or headachey at all?" He looks over at Oreo briefly.
"Did you hear all that before, Oreo? Do you understand why we need to do it?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"You're NOT fine, Nadia. I can tell. I have been a vet for quite a few years, you know. I can read the signs. And you are the one I need to be worrying about now since you're the one in immediate danger. What would I tell your owner if I let you get so worked up that you burst your stitches and collapsed again?" As Nadia leans over to pass the phone back to Oreo, Paul rolls her over a little further and checks her temperature before letting her roll back onto her back again.
"Are you feeling dizzy or headachey at all?"
"Well...I....uuurrrggghh....maybe....maybe a little bit of both" the fox answered , rubbing her forehead in hope of subsiding the dizziness and headache.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "True. They wouldn't. I'll talk to Paul and Samantha though. Thanks... You know, I have heard of people living with pet pigs. Do they count as livestock?"
the pot belly pigs? There in kind of a grey area, sometimes they have pets rights, some times only livestock rights. Some crazy people keep goats, sheep, miniature horses in there homes with them, but those are have only livestock rights.

~~~~~~~~~~~
serence ice fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: "I'm still here..." Paul seriously considers for a few moments.
"In order to have Oreo registered as a neutered pet, I had to sign a form saying that it would be done. Legally and ethically, if he's to be a pet with his current paperwork, I have to do the procedure or both Mr. Nordic and I can get in big trouble. The only option, therefore, is to either try to redo the application or do the procedure."
of course everything has to be so flipping hard when it comes to dealing with these *** **** humans.

Oreo continues to stare in disbelief at Hutch, and his new owner.
Hlaoroo wrote: Paul is more than a bit surprised to his Hutch's offer.
"You know, Hutch, if we did you too, it might help you settle down and de-stress a little too, since you won't have all the hormones running around any more." Paul looks across at Nadia to see how she's taking the news and notices she's swaying slightly, as though she's dizzy. He exits and locks Oreo's cage and crosses back into Nadia's leaving the phone with the skunk so he can keep talking.

Your not really going to do that, just to make me feel better? That kind of decision should be what you and your owner thinks will be best for you..
Oreo was so stunned by Hutch's offer, that he didn't notice Paul leaving his cage, until he heard the click of the lock..
He scrambled and rattled the locked door..rats!
Then follows the Vet over to the foxes side of his cage.

serence ice fox wrote:"Sir , I've tried everything I can to try to persuade you into reconsidering you choice about this . But things has come to such a risk , so the only thing I can do now is to let the final decision be made between you and Oreo . Please explain everything to him , including the risk of each option , and if you really respect him enough to not make him sing for food , then please respect his choice now" she said , then finally gave the phone back to Oreo.

I'll try to re-file his breeding status in the morning, the office is closed now.
no... Oreo almost whispers..with his head bowed down.
What was that Oreo?
No, don't change things, I'll submit to it.
But, i'm willing to let you stay a stud?
No..
Oreo hooks his fingers into the cage wall bars, looking into Nadia's cage.
I'm sorry Nadia.. but if i was in the wild, i'd be dead, not breeding.
If i breed now, as a pet.. My kits would have to undergo the same domestication surgeries, that i'm going to have to submit to, right Mr. Walton?
Last edited by Keeshah on Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Not yet, try to stay still..." Mercury mumbled, rubbing his thumb across the paper
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch didn't reply to the skunk. He just smiled.
Hlaoroo wrote: "You know, Hutch, if we did you too, it might help you settle down and destress a little too, since you won't have all the hormones running around any more."
I thought they had to neuter the pets in the ment--
I bribed them not to. For some reason, humans really like that green paper. Hutch grinned.
But, in all seriousness, I'll take the procedure.
---
Yeah, I overheard. Have they already talked to him? Roo asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Paul leaves Nadia lying down and returns with a large styrofoam cup of water and two loaded syringes.
"Drink this." he orders supporting Nadia's head and shoulders. "Go on, it's just water." He then empties both syringes into Nadia's veins. "That was vasopressin, a drug to help raise your blood pressure, which should also help with the dizziness, and a mild sedative/painkiller to help with the headache and to help calm you down. It shouldn't make you overly drowsy." He turns back to Hutch.
"Are you sure you want to do that, Hutch? You do realise that it's irreversible, and you understand what it entails?" Paul then answers Oreo.
"Most likely, yes. Thank you, Oreo, for understanding and cooperating. I'm proud of you and I'm sure Mr. Nordic is too."

~~~~
"You mean his owners, about the change of ownership? Yes, they have. He seemed to take it all right. But with the kerfluffle with the other pets out there, I'm not sure whether he's actually really thought about it yet."

~~~~
"I've never understood those people. Why would you want livestock in the house with you? I dunno. They'd ruin all the carpets."

~~~~
Flynn shifts slightly, trying to peek over Mercury's pad and see the work in progress.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Maybe he's being submissive because he already has a plan. Roo thinks out loud.
She notices no more shouting in the kennels and looks toward the door.
I think it's safe to go in now. She commented. The dog lead the way to the door, and peeked in.
---
Yeah. I'm completely fine with it. Let the neutering commence! Hutch said awkwardly.
Oh great, he's planning on running. Roo sighed. Hutch's ears perk up and look towards the door. Roo steps into the kennels and folds her arms across her chest.
Roo! It sure feels like a long time, even though I only saw you last night! Hutch said.
Can it, Hutch, You can't escape. Not until we've explained everything!
I wasn't going to escape, lassie! Hutch barks at his sister.
You'd never willingly get neutered! You had me pay those nurses to stop the procedure, there's no way you'd just give up!
Those nurses just needed some incentive. It turns out, getting neutered does wonders for your health. Hutch said in a matter of fact voice.
Roo turned to the vet.
Take his jacket. she said.
Christopher looked at Alice.
I thought he took it very well. Christopher commented.
I did! I'm completely fine with staying! Hutch argued.
That has to be a lie!
Alice and Christopher looked at each other, both not sure if Hutch playing them. Hutch looked in annoyance at his sister.
Fine! You want to see me with out my clothes on, then *murmur* *murmur*christmas! Hutch tossed his jacket across the cage, landing next to Christopher.
I've got no plans, Roo! I'm staying! Hutch crossed his arms and plopped back into his matt
Roo eyed the dog suspiciously.
He's being very oddly submissive. What's been going on in between arriving, and my arrival? Roo asked.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Calm down, the both of you or I'll have to sedate you!" orders Samantha. "What's been happening, other than what I've told you on the phone is that Hutch has found out about his change in ownership and then thanks to Nadia here, Oreo has gotten cold paws about his procedures booked for tomorrow."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Not freaking out over here. Just trying to keep calm. Hutch said in his laid position.
Hutch offered to get neutered first to give Oreo, the skunk next to him, a perspective about how it felt, so he wouldn't feel so worried.
Daaaww. Roo walked into the cage and gave Hutch a big hug. Hutch is being a hero for his new boyfriend.
He isn't my boyfriend yet! Hutch said with fake frustration.
You've got his scent all over your paw. You've been holding hands! Roo gives him a bigger hug.
Don't worry, they aren't getting angry at each other. They act like this all the time. Alice told the vet.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie and Leroy set up the board and, as appropriate, Leslie took the cat as his symbol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip held herself still and was thankful she'd managed to clean herself off. Being portraited looking like a pizza slice wouldn't look good and, as the first of her family to be drawn - apart from that 'wanted' style poster in the bottling plant - she rather wanted it to be good.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot shakes Faust's arm

"Faust, could you make me a temporary cane, I'm getting tired of going around like this."

Faust turns his head towards Elliot

"It'll take me a while Elliot, we still have to find where we put the materials and adhesives. Also, we have to unpack and settle in."

Faust stands up.

"I'll be getting some drinks right now. Also, Flynn, could you tell Elliot what kind of dessert you'd like to have?"I wouldn't one you getting sick, Hutch, Oreo and Nadia are already there.

Faust exits to the kitchen. As he leaves, Elliot giggles.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury was purring loudly, now using vs white charcoal pencil to mark in highlights in Chip's fur. Very soon he had moved onto a thin pen with dark ink to make the shadows more absolute and touch up fine features, "Just a little more..." He mumbled, switching to a pencil to match the mouse's eye color, the turned the drawing to show it off
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Esper wrote:Mercury was purring loudly, now using vs white charcoal pencil to mark in highlights in Chip's fur. Very soon he had moved onto a thin pen with dark ink to make the shadows more absolute and touch up fine features, "Just a little more..." He mumbled, switching to a pencil to match the mouse's eye color, the turned the drawing to show it off
Chip smiled broadly. "Merc, if you were over here or I were over there and if I weren't a Mouse and you a Cat I'd hug you for that. You've captured my Mousiness better than I ever thought a Cat could." She admired herself without the aid of a mirror for the first time in a larger than life format.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Paul then answers Oreo.
"I haven't thought of that, But Most likely, yes. They would have to have the procedures done to them as well.
Thank you, Oreo, for understanding and cooperating. I'm proud of you and I'm sure Mr. Nordic is too."

Are you sure that is what you want Oreo? Like Paul told that other dog, you can't change your mind later. Once it's done, that's it, there is no going back.
How can i ever be-sure about something like this. But have them do what they were going to do to me.
it is what i want..

looks like the surgery is back on, Mr.Walton. I'm sorry we caused you so much trouble.

~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"I've never understood those people. Why would you want livestock in the house with you? I dunno. They'd ruin all the carpets."

Maybe they hate there carpets that much. Other than that, I have no idea why anyone would let livestock into there homes these days.
So, are you going to find out if it is a male or female, or wait to be surprised at birth?
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Nice, you even made the Chiaroscuro effect fit nicely."

Elliot claps in awe.
My Personas

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Paul leaves Nadia lying down and returns with a large styrofoam cup of water and two loaded syringes.
"Drink this." he orders supporting Nadia's head and shoulders. "Go on, it's just water." He then empties both syringes into Nadia's veins. "That was vasopressin, a drug to help raise your blood pressure, which should also help with the dizziness, and a mild sedative/painkiller to help with the headache and to help calm you down. It shouldn't make you overly drowsy."
after hearing Oreo's decision , Nadia just stayed quiet , aside from showing a little skeptical when Paul gave her the water cup , the fox did nothing else but letting the vet do his job . After he's done , she just lied there , look away from the skunk , seemingly still a little bit.....displeased , to say the least
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not a problem, Mr. Nordic. I've certainly had far worse in the past. Thanks for helping us sort it all out." Paul exchanges one or two other small pleasantries and then hangs up the phone.
"Well. I'm glad that's settled. Now we can concentrate on you for a while, Hutch. So sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. and Mrs. uhhh." Paul stops, realising he didn't catch Hutch's owner's names in the earlier fuss.

~~~~
"Ah... I wonder if that has something to do with his stress..." ponders Samantha. "That reminds me, actually. Have you considered how you're going to go about reducing Hutch's stress levels?" Samantha directs the question at Roo as well as Alice and Christopher.

~~~~
"That must be it!" giggles Joan. "No, I think I'll wait and be surprised. I'll have to see what John wants though... Do you have kids or a partner, Kandi?" Joan enquires, realising that she doesn't actually know anything about the vet.

~~~~
"I think that's one of your best drawings yet, Mercury! I wish I could draw that well!" Flynn enthuses, and then turns his mind to dessert. "Hmm, dessert... I'm not sure how much I can manage after all that pesto but... anything fruity is good. I know one or two rather nice slices, if you have the ingredients for them and the time to make them. Sorbet is good. That's like... you know those lemonade icypoles? Or Frosty Fruit icypoles? Do you have them here? It's like them but more light and fluffy. It's... Oh, I know. It's a bit like a slushie like you get at the movies but it's less slushy and more solid and much smoother. I've no idea how to make it though... Fruit salad is always nice too..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Paul exchanges one or two other small pleasantries and then hangs up the phone.
"Well. I'm glad that's settled. Now we can concentrate on you for a while, Hutch. So sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. and Mrs. uhhh." Paul stops, realizing he didn't catch Hutch's owner's names in the earlier fuss.
Oreo follows Paul from within his cage, back again to Hutch's side of his cage.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah... I wonder if that has something to do with his stress..." ponders Samantha. "That reminds me, actually. Have you considered how you're going to go about reducing Hutch's stress levels?" Samantha directs the question at Roo as well as Alice and Christopher.

Oreo peers out of his cage at Samantha,
What do you wonder is having something to do with Hutch being stressed?Oreo asks.

~~~~
"That must be it!" giggles Joan. "No, I think I'll wait and be surprised. I'll have to see what John wants though... Do you have kids or a partner, Kandi?" Joan enquires, realising that she doesn't actually know anything about the vet. [/quote]
No, not currently.. Too much of an Tomboy to interest most guys. Kinda hurts there pride when you can rebuild an engine better than they can. or make an 2,500 lb bull behave for you.