Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Megamaster

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Megamaster »

Playing a little bit of Persona 3 Portable.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

So Rosalina is going to be a playable character in the new Super Smash Bros. game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDt8Y2rwhI

I'm fine with it, but what are you guy's thoughts on this?
Last edited by Saturn381 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think it's awesome!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I think it's better than Wii Fit Trainer, but even so...we already have enough Mario characters in our games. Rosaline was just a different Princess Peach anyway...
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I like Rosalina more than Peach.
Peach can't figure out if she wants to be with Bowser or Mario.
Rosalina doesn't have to because she's busy taking care of stars.

Peach only has 2 children, Baby Mario and Bowser Jr.
Rosalina, again, has too many to count.

Peach uses Mario to pick her up when things become to serious between her and Bowser.
Rosalina made Mario a galactic hero, widely known throughout the galaxy (a galaxy which, admittedly, looks exactly like their own planet.)

Anyways, that's my argument for Rosalina.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Megamaster wrote:Playing a little bit of Persona 3 Portable.
Excellent choice, my friend, the Persona games are incredible. You're going to want to get Persona 4 Golden when/if you get a Vita. I've only played the original PS2 game, but P4 is probably one of the best games I've ever played, RPG or otherwise.
*cough*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing Tales of Innocence. Waiting for Innocence R.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

MrNeonShot wrote:I like Rosalina more than Peach.

Peach uses Mario to pick her up when things become to serious between her and Bowser.
Rosalina made Mario a galactic hero, widely known throughout the galaxy (a galaxy which, admittedly, looks exactly like their own planet.)

Huh. So, some very minor differences between them really, I'm just saying, how many children they have isn't important to just about anything, and Baby Bowser isn't Peach's son, that was a lie. Also, Peach doesn't seem to want to be with Bowser. This is why he has to kidnap her. This was made a big point in Super Paper Mario. And yes, Rosaline isn't bad, but you seem to be using sort of kind of really false information, or at least misunderstood information.
As for her in the game? I guess so, but there are already a good number of Mario characters in Smash bros to begin with. Mario, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Luigi, Wario were all in Brawl and that seems to be more then enough Mario for us all. I want to see a few of Nintendo's other characters, like Fidel Castro (Yes, he was in an NES game with El Che of all people, in the US they were never called that but the Japanese version explained it was Che and Castro fighting for Cuba. I am dead serious. Japan is weird, if you must know it was called Guerrilla War)

But in serious characters, I'd like to see some members of the Belmont family from Castlevania to show up, they have a great amount of gear to use, the whip is a good weapon, and the subweapons can be special attacks, it works so well and it could be awesome to see Simon Belmont back in action
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

So I'm planning to get a 3DS this Christmas, (no guaranteed chance I'll get one though) do you guys have any good games you'd want to recommend?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

ShadowLightning wrote:So I'm planning to get a 3DS this Christmas, (no guaranteed chance I'll get one though) do you guys have any good games you'd want to recommend?
I'm a big fan of the classic Nintendo series like:
Super Mario (New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mariokart 7, Luigis Mansion 2)
The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds (in my opinion the best game in 2013!)
Star Fox 3D
Pokémon X/Y
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Psykeout pointed out to me that the three Mario princesses correspond to Mario's three big symbols (and first three Mario Kart cups): mushroom, flower, and star.
44R0NM10 wrote:I think it's better than Wii Fit Trainer, but even so...we already have enough Mario characters in our games. Rosaline was just a different Princess Peach anyway...
I really doubted Wii Fit Trainer, but she grew on me. I really like her fighting style of picture-perfect movements.

3DS recommendations: Pokémon X or Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart 7
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Since I'm stuck with my 3DS right now, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:I like Rosalina more than Peach.

Huh. So, some very minor differences between them really, I'm just saying, how many children they have isn't important to just about anything, and Baby Bowser isn't Peach's son, that was a lie. Also, Peach doesn't seem to want to be with Bowser. This is why he has to kidnap her. This was made a big point in Super Paper Mario. And yes, Rosaline isn't bad, but you seem to be using sort of kind of really false information, or at least misunderstood information.
As for her in the game? I guess so, but there are already a good number of Mario characters in Smash bros to begin with. Mario, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Luigi, Wario were all in Brawl and that seems to be more then enough Mario for us all. I want to see a few of Nintendo's other characters, like Fidel Castro (Yes, he was in an NES game with El Che of all people, in the US they were never called that but the Japanese version explained it was Che and Castro fighting for Cuba. I am dead serious. Japan is weird, if you must know it was called Guerrilla War)

But in serious characters, I'd like to see some members of the Belmont family from Castlevania to show up, they have a great amount of gear to use, the whip is a good weapon, and the subweapons can be special attacks, it works so well and it could be awesome to see Simon Belmont back in action
Yeah, my false information was just a theory me and a couple friends made up.
Because, if Bowser uses the same gear to capture Peach, why hasn't the mushroom kingdom stepped up on their security?
The hole Bowser jr. being Peach's son makes sense.
Peach accidentally got pregnant, and completely denies him of being her son. Now, Bowser jr. is mad, and only wants a mother.

The hole Bowser clan reminds me of the lost boys.

Anyways, they obviously need more characters besides the Mario franchise.
Wii Fit trainer was my favorite announced character.

But, I think more sonic characters should be in there. e.g, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.
Imagine Amy, wielding a giant hammer... Wait, that kinda just looks like a copy of king deedeedee.
But, I think the smash attack would be the hammer, growing giant, then slamming everyone on the map!
ShadowLightning wrote:So I'm planning to get a 3DS this Christmas, (no guaranteed chance I'll get one though) do you guys have any good games you'd want to recommend?
Hukley wrote:
I'm a big fan of the classic Nintendo series like:
Super Mario (New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mariokart 7, Luigis Mansion 2)
The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds (in my opinion the best game in 2013!)
Star Fox 3D
Pokémon X/Y
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS
I would like to add Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to this group.
I also heard Fire Emblem is going to be good.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kid Icarus Uprising is a great game. There's also Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Tales of the Abyss, Kingdom Hearts Dram Drop Distance, and Fire Emblem Awakening.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Just a moment ago I was thinking about my favorite Pokemon. I decided it's Absol. So, just out of curiosity, what are you guys' favorite Pokemon?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

hypernovatic wrote:Just a moment ago I was thinking about my favorite Pokemon. I decided it's Absol. So, just out of curiosity, what are you guys' favorite Pokemon?
Typhlosion.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Growlithe and Arcanine, Ninetales, Lucario, and Celebi.
Also, Mudkip, Marshtomp, and Swampert.
This list would be my dream team.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Luxray, if it wasn't obvious already. ;) Absol's really cool as well.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Theres so many awesome pokemon.

But some of my most faves are as follows Vulpix/Ninetales, Growlithe/Arcanine, Rhydon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Zigzagoon, Absol, Riolu/Lucario, Zorua/Zoroark, the Fennekin line
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

My current top favourite Poke'mon is Lucario. He looks awesome and those aura powers of his are awesome too.
When I first found out about Lucario it was through it's movie, Lucario and the mystery of Mew...and because its powers were so unique an' all, I thought Lucario was a legendary...imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't.
Lucio looks just like a little baby Lucario! It's so precious babbu adorabruuuu! =>w<=

Next along would be Vulpix/Ninetails. Vulpix is just so adorably cute and Ninetails is just incredibly beautiful. I like Ninetails slightly more.

Next along would be the Fennekin line. (You starting to notice a fox-ish trend here?) Fennekin is pretty cute...Delphox looks like a monk-ish wizard, which is kinda cool...and Braixen looks like a wizard's apprentice, which is a perfect middle ground.

Then we got Zoroa. Again, very cute. It's transformative illusion powers are really cool. I'm not entirely keen on Zoroark for some reason, but it's still pretty cool.

Next one along would have to be Suicune. It looks so amazingly epic...and it's nickname "the north wind" just makes it even more awesome.

Other poke'mon I like consist of Articuno, Dragonair (Dragonite not so much), Mew/Mewtwo, Absol, Lugia and Raichu. (Pikachu's too mainstream. All I've ever wanted to do was see that sucka evolve!)

Honerable mentions to the very cute Eevee and all it's evolutions, especially Espeon...as well as the precious babbu adorabruu Fletchling, the very cute Emolga and equally cute Pachirisu, and the awesome and cute Celebi.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Favourite Pokemon huh? Arcanine, Buizel, Zigzagoon, Lucario (because of its decent Sp Atk) and Luxray. I like all the Eeveelutions, but my favs are Jolteon and Umbreon. Then, for non-mammalian ones, I actually like Cryogonal and Lunatone, but I never trained them yet. Oh, and Klefki, like the way Nintendo comes up with its quirky design!

Anyways, Steam Christmas Sales are on now, and I got 4 games for $8, which I think is decent enough. I will have to starve for the next three days, but I'd say it's worth it. Kinda annoyed that I can't play BIT.TRIP CORE because my laptop's too old. Hate it =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

I don't play Pokemon that much anymore, but my favourites would have to be: Eevee, Growlithe, Arcanine, Vulpix, Ninetails, Poochyena, Zigzagoon and Totodile.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
The Grey Wolverine

As we all know, the best Pokeman of all is Majikarp.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

So yeah, I'mma just give you my current team and why I have them

Lucario: Dude, mega evolution is one of the few awesome ones that doesn't decrease speed. Has a great learnset of moves. Being steel and fighting gives him decent attack and defense, not to mention as before mentioned he's one of the few fighting types with high sp.atk (not including the fighting physic types). Being steel type, he's a counter to the new fairy type. Also, look at him. Pure awesome appearance.

Probopass: That mustache mate. That mustache. Also, he can learn thunder wave, stealth rock and (of course) toxic. That, and his awesomely high sp.defense and defense, and sturdy. If only he could learn levitate, he's be perfect for me.

Arcanine: The guys looks insanely awesome. It can have the ability flash fire, so you can swap into it if you guess what move your opponent will use. Not to mention, he's got some great moves, and has high speed and attack.

Rotom (W): Only weak to grass? The type nobody usually has? Awesome. Not to mention, decent stats all around. Can't complain.

Dragonite: It's Dragonite. Need I say more.

Rampardos/Gogoat: Rampardos needs more speed to really clear the enemy team, but with a focus sash and rock polish it is possible. For when I know I can't do that, I have Gogoat. Great attack, grass type so I can bait into a switch to Arcanine. Awesome health too, and decently high attack. Not to mention, they both look awesome.

...and the strange thing about my team? I'm taller than almost all the pokemon there. The highest attack of a none psuedo-legendary is 5 foot high. :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't remember the name of the pokemon, but I call her Banshee.
She is great for psychics who are obsessed with the focus energy attacks.
She uproars, they lose focus and take damage. Then, the gym leaders use up their options, and its a hit 2 birds with 1 stone.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

hypernovatic wrote:Just a moment ago I was thinking about my favorite Pokemon. I decided it's Absol. So, just out of curiosity, what are you guys' favorite Pokemon?
Waaaay too many to name. If I had to pick just one, maybe Vulpix?

Absol is awesome, though. Totally underappreciated. And it has a sweet mega evolution.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Finally got both Pokémon X and Y! I plan on using Pokémon X for offline serious gameplay and Y for Online trading and general messing around with everyone :D

Current team on Pokémon X is looking ever so memorable:

Volnaga, the Bulbasaur
Nina, the Pidgeotto
Malfar, the Baixen
Truck... the BIDOOF!
Kanya, the ever-so-cute-you-wanna-hug-it-and-not-die Pikachu
Lee, the Riolu

Will be replacing Truck with a Magikarp *coughGyaradoscough* after I beat the game in the future, but this team is so fun right now.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Just wanna say that for those who own Cave Story+ on Steam, there's a makeover of the characters and the environments in the game. Curly Brace in a Santa outfit, Quote is Rudolph of all things, and Professor Booster is an elf. It's rather hilarious xD

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing more Hexyz Force. Debating whether I wanna keep going in Levant's tale or Cecilia's tale.
ShadowLightning

Playing Pokemon Red Rescue Team again, continuing from the part where I last played it. To those who've played the game, is it really necessary to have more than two Pokemon on your team, or will it be fine with just you and your partner?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Ah, red/blue rescue team. While other team members can be helpful (I find them best when given a throwing item), I don't think they are necessary based on my (kinda stale) memory of the game. In Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, I think team members get a little better because I remember using them more, but I still never *needed* them most of the time. (Or maybe that is just in Sky. I only ever played that one.)

Man, Sky is my favorite game for the DS hands down. I really like the storyline it gives. (Especially the 5th special episode. When I finished that I was just... darn. It added so much more to the main storyline that you never got to see. And the final two songs in it are my favorite of just about any game ever)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, it's fine either way. But if you're still in the main storyline, I would suggest that you bring only one extra Pokemon with you for a total of three. Having four can make it rough to manage them, especially with the rather low EXP gains in the Red Rescue game. Sticking with only you and your partner is also fine and dandy, because it's easier to manage, and you'll be doing most of the attacks anyway.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Christmas Eve is tomorrow! I am most likely getting a game stop gift card.
Not sure if I should spend it on Arkham Origins, or save it to get a 2ds...
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing this nice game called Eternal Sonata.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Aaand I just got Arkham Origins!
Much Graphics!
Many Signal Jammer!
Wow!

Also, Lego Marvel!
I love playing as spiderman and captain america!
I want to play as deadpool, too!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Disney Infinity for the 3DS. Both are really fun.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Finished Cave Story+. Only took the normal ending because Bloody Sanctuary is too bloody hard! @_@

Now I'm playing Sequence, a DDR-RPG crossover thing. Pretty interesting, and the songs are pretty nice too!

The Grey Wolverine

Got SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hacker.

This is seriously one of the most Shadowrun-like games I have ever played in my life, and it's awesome.
You play a hacker with the ability to summon demons, like the Shamen/Decker I once made
You can go into Paradigm X, which is almost the same thing as The Matrix from Shadowrun, difference is the Matrix is Augmented Reality, not Virtual Reality (And this was 10 years before the Matrix, the movie)
You fight an evil group that threatens the general population with Demons, it's weird...and gives me an idea!

However, it is awesome
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

No one has been playing online on Arkham Origins.
I really want to play!

My brother got disney infinity today- his birthday -... And was a complete @$! about it, saying he wanted the "How to train your dragon" game. Dad just said he couldn't deal with him right now and went to bed.

I was super hissed at that brat. He eventually warmed up and said his head hurt, but I still didn't let him play too long.