Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

hanDesu

Re: Art Thread

Post by hanDesu »

you guys put me in the mood for pixel art, but its sooo hard ><
blehh
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

It's not that hard. Here's some of my favorite Pokemon from the first 3 generations.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Well, it depends on the type of Pixel/sprite art.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

That's true. For me custom spriting is hard. But I can do pre-existing sprites easily.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

payback time~ <3
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

ZOMG!!! RHYESRTJRTYES! She looks intentionally vague visage and smexy! Perfect!
Love the face and the hair!
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

Laxan wrote:ZOMG!!! RHYESRTJRTYES! She looks intentionally vague visage and smexy! Perfect!
Love the face and the hair!
she was haardd
she is like, an extremely handsome girl, and i tend to over girlify my characters (both sexes xD)
after i understoof what going on with it, it really was one of the drawings i enjoyd the most lately :3
glad your happy~

another payback i made today (broke my artist block and had some free time)
twin tail~

for some reason i couldnt make a good drawing with this character for monthes now :/
this is the only publishable drawing i could make ><;
not to bad i hope xD
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

That ALSO looks awesome!
Everyone, meet Goji:
He's a quirky little rascal, one of 10 characters for my Uni project. He's my favorite so far; being silly, derpy and pretty much an imbecile though he's also very lovable. Being a gargoyle he isn't good or bad, but as he does the biddings for the evil team, he's classed as a bad guy, really he's just too stupid to know the difference. He's also got an adorable lisp as he can't properly close his mouth OR pull his tongue in, he's just kinda stuck with it hanging out. Think Ed the Hyena from Lion King, you know the one, he giggles and has that stupid look on his face all the time with his tongue hanging out... That is pretty much Goji.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

This is based off a picture of me my friend took in a grunge rave club in Liverpool... Yeah~ I got very drunk... (p.s I was in this exact expression and pose with glow in the dark neon paint love hearts all over me thanks to a friend.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

Laxan wrote:This is based off a picture of me my friend took in a grunge rave club in Liverpool... Yeah~ I got very drunk... (p.s I was in this exact expression and pose with glow in the dark neon paint love hearts all over me thanks to a friend.
[img]rave-face[/img]
omg i love your friend xD
good drawing and such <3
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Wasn't funny! I almost died when I saw the photo. xD
And thanks.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Laxan wrote:This is based off a picture of me my friend took in a grunge rave club in Liverpool... Yeah~ I got very drunk... (p.s I was in this exact expression and pose with glow in the dark neon paint love hearts all over me thanks to a friend.
Were your feet detached from your body at the time?
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Bolly wrote:Were your feet detached from your body at the time?
It felt like it in the morning.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

xmas gift for a friend from another forum~ (im proud of the hair)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

One of the many holiday themed stuff I'm gonna draw this month.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Yay christmas pictures! Looking good Megamaster! You're getting better and better!
You too Han! ... Your hair makes me jealous... *twitch*
Now for my rubbish sketches! I looked at some of my latest work and headdesked rather hard. So I'm going back to the basics and working on my structures.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Here's the gift I made for ShadowLightning.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very good draws hanDesu, especially with the hairs, indeed. Nice draws, Megamaster. ;)
Laxan wrote:Now for my rubbish sketches! I looked at some of my latest work and headdesked rather hard. So I'm going back to the basics and working on my structures.
I think that's a good start with drawing body anatomy, encouraging results. :) Funny pose on your previous draw, great work with it as always, but be careful on being drunk, it's not that good for the own fun. ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Laxan wrote:Yay christmas pictures! Looking good Megamaster! You're getting better and better!
You too Han! ... Your hair makes me jealous... *twitch*
Now for my rubbish sketches! I looked at some of my latest work and headdesked rather hard. So I'm going back to the basics and working on my structures.
If you're going to call yourself Rubbish, may I call you deluded? One thing you are NOT, Good Laxan, is Rubbish.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:If you're going to call yourself Rubbish, may I call you deluded? One thing you are NOT, Good Laxan, is Rubbish.
My problem is that I have a huge confidence problem due to an insensitive over expecting father. (Yes I have Daddy issues, go figure)
Ever since I could pick up a pencil I've loved to draw, with my dad being an exceptionally good artist I always valued his opinions. The problem is that he can't really express well, so when it came to my drawings a bright eyed young Laxan would run gleefully to her father, drawing in hand and with pride announce 'Look what I did Dad!' Too have him look at it and point out my mistakes and give me advice. In which I would sorrowfully return to the dining room table to do it again, better. He has NEVER to this day ever said 'That's good!' Or 'Good job!' towards anything I've done. So yeah... That's why I can never see the good in my work, cause in the back of my head I have my father going 'Yeah but you know you screwed up here right? and here... and there...'
Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad to pieces and respect him so much, but yeah... I have a major confidence problem because of that man. xD
And that's the story of my life. Lol
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

Laxan wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:If you're going to call yourself Rubbish, may I call you deluded? One thing you are NOT, Good Laxan, is Rubbish.
My problem is that I have a huge confidence problem due to an insensitive over expecting father. (Yes I have Daddy issues, go figure)
Ever since I could pick up a pencil I've loved to draw, with my dad being an exceptionally good artist I always valued his opinions. The problem is that he can't really express well, so when it came to my drawings a bright eyed young Laxan would run gleefully to her father, drawing in hand and with pride announce 'Look what I did Dad!' Too have him look at it and point out my mistakes and give me advice. In which I would sorrowfully return to the dining room table to do it again, better. He has NEVER to this day ever said 'That's good!' Or 'Good job!' towards anything I've done. So yeah... That's why I can never see the good in my work, cause in the back of my head I have my father going 'Yeah but you know you screwed up here right? and here... and there...'
Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad to pieces and respect him so much, but yeah... I have a major confidence problem because of that man. xD
woahhh
my dad did it to me with everything~
i have the same problem but with everything i do ^^;
and when my drawings were not good id just find them in the trash can few days after xP
(unlike you, i dont really love my dad, he was always mean to me >.<)
btw
the anatomy of the sketches is amazing <3
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

It's always cool to have a look at this thread and see how everyone is improving! :)

@hypernovatic: I really love your pixel art! :D (NES-Link was a really intentionally vague visage... just look at the size of his sword! :lol: )

@Megamaster: Very cool pics! You're getting better and better :)

@hanDesu: Your details are great (the hair etc.) :)

@Laxan: Cool poses. I'm curious about the outcome. Keep up the awesome work! :D

Here's a little picture of mine. I'm a huge fan of winter and snow, so:

Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Here an older drawing just for the sake of showing how far I've progressed since June 2012
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Laxan wrote:
Lax, for whatever it's worth coming from me, your art is very very good.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Thanks, Bolly.
Yay christmasy drawings, Megamaster!
and now for random:
Mutant-Zombie Werewolf... Yeah I have no idea.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Random yes, but it does give you ideas. I could see this maybe in a video game. Maybe some type failed experiment gone wrong. Shading looks really good though, even for as simple it is.

Say you got anything on backgrouds? Just wondering.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

lexan
this is reaaaaaaly creepy :<
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Tatsuo wrote:Random yes, but it does give you ideas. I could see this maybe in a video game. Maybe some type failed experiment gone wrong. Shading looks really good though, even for as simple it is.

Say you got anything on backgrouds? Just wondering.
Sorry, I don't. I generally don't do backgrounds...

And yes Han... Yes it is.

[EDIT: Decided to do a tiny original sprite animation since I haven't done any real animation in a while... Not really that good at it to be honest.
KYDY-BOY!
Image]
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

So... something interesting happened to me recently...

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with SourceFed on Youtube or their affiliated merchandise website forhumanpeoples.com, but they hold a weekly contest called "The Drawing Board" where people can submit T-shirt designs that have to do with the topic for that week. Afterwards, they pick their 5 favorite submissions, print them on shirts and sell them on their site for a week. After the week is up, the shirt that sold the most gets to stay on the site for a whole year and the artist gets a $1000 bonus on top of their portion of the sales revenue they've already received and will continue to receive.

Last week's topic was the Hobbit and this idea actually came to me pretty quickly. Unfortunately, due to being right in the middle of finals, I didn't get to start on it until the night before the deadline day. It took me about... 3 hours to sketch out my design and finish the linework before I had to turn in for the day. I assumed I still had plenty of time to finish since the deadline was for 9 p.m. the next night. Since the only art-related software I have on my computer is an old version of Photoshop Elements, I had to go to the library at my university to do all the coloring. It was a little after noon when I got there, and before I started working on it again, I figured I should check the website again just to make sure nothing had come up...

Turns out, the deadline was for 9a.m.... not 9p.m. :(

I went ahead and finished the drawing anyway, but needless to say I was pretty much heartbroken. I can't say that this would've won, and now that I look at the finished product, I feel like it's a little... "amateur" but I'm still happy with it. In case it's not obvious, it's my interpretation of Smaug, incorporating one of his quotes from the book. I usually don't do much experimentation with digital coloring, so I pretty much went in blind with this one. For a first try, I'd say I did pretty decent. I would've liked to submit it officially at least, even if didn't get chosen, but... oh well... =/

There's more contests coming up in the future anyway. I know for a fact that there's a Pokemon week coming up mid-January. I've already got some ideas for that one ;)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

new character design for a webcomic i wanna do x3
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good draws, Megamaster. I find that a great idea, Laxan, very good work, and also nice animation. :) Good one, hanDesu. ;)

Sorry for that, Kouri, a misreading can happen with the 12-hours time counting system. Good luck for the next contest. ;)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

hanDesu wrote:for a webcomic i wanna do
Huh!? What!? Please do explain =D
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

Tatsuo wrote:
hanDesu wrote:for a webcomic i wanna do
Huh!? What!? Please do explain =D
i be gonna make webcomic
i wanted to start it this month, but apperantly i cant order the drawing pad i wanted because my bank dont allow it, i have to use change to a veteran credit card orsomething or else they dont allow me to buy stuff on the internet that cost more then 250$ :/
when ill get it ill start practicing it and then start my web comic x3
im not sure whats the plot yet xP
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Gee, I wonder who I possibly made this for? Also Rock because can.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

ive been asked to draw my character being lzay :<
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 6yqksf.jpg
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Yea, that's kinda lazy right there.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Megamaster wrote:Gee, I wonder who I possibly made this for? Also Rock because can.
Nice drawing! It's easy to tell their emotion because you did a good job with gestures.
one suggestion, have you thought about giving them reflections on their pupils? that would make them look more alive :3
and make sure that you camera is parallel to the drawing, that would look nicer.
Veteran day art.