Moderator: ArcWolf

Bolly

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by Bolly »

I'm going to enter OT with this character:

Name: Tom Wolfson

Species: 80% Siberian Husky, 15% Wolf, 5% Fox

Neighourhood: Oasis Towers (main)

Appearance: Strangely tall for a dog (5'5"), Tom has a blue front and a white back. His curled tail is ringed, a bit like a raccoon tail, with alternating blue and white rings. He has golden eyes, and a dark blue collar. His tag is a real bullet (albeit one that has already been fired, so it isn't dangerous at all). His fur is very thick and soft, much more so than usual dog fur. The thickest fur on his body is that on his tail.

Personality: Tom at first appears to be a bit of an oddity. He's taller than most dogs, with thicker fur than most dogs, and a tail that is coloured like no other dog. But once you get past these physical peculiarities, you find a dog who loves making new friends, is always willing to lend a paw when people need help, enjoys being cuddled, and is very very clever.

Other Notes: Almost all of Tom's physical features can be explained by his odd species make-up. He is 80% husky, which explains his curled tail. His large height is likely because he is 15% wolf. The thickness of his fur, in particular his tail, is probably caused by him being 5% fox. However, there is nothing that can explain the raccoon-like colouring of his tail. He isn't as strong as some dogs, which is especially odd considering that he is part wolf, but his intelligence more than makes up for his lack of strength. His tag is a bullet because his father (whose name is James Wolfson) used to work in the army. Tallness is apparently a feature of the Wolfson 'family', with James being 6'3".

STR: 5
PER: 7
END: 5
CHA: 5
INT: 10
AGI: 5
LUC: 5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Guys, I've thought of another feature for our SPECIAL. It's up to Argent and Buck if it'll be implemented. If a character is lying, his/her charisma is important, right? But you didn't explain how another character can still see through their lies, despite the liar having a high charisma. I was thinking if the charisma of the liar is lower than (INT+PER)/2 of the listener, then the listener can see through their lies. And, as an addition, characters with the intelligence of 2 can't see through lies, even if their (PER+INT)/2 > CHA of liar. That's just a thought I had in my mind...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Jyoukaagje

Post by Jyoukaagje »

Alex wrote:Guys, I've thought of another feature for our SPECIAL. It's up to Argent and Buck if it'll be implemented. If a character is lying, his/her charisma is important, right? But you didn't explain how another character can still see through their lies, despite the liar having a high charisma. I was thinking if the charisma of the liar is lower than (INT+PER)/2 of the listener, then the listener can see through their lies. And, as an addition, characters with the intelligence of 2 can't see through lies, even if their (PER+INT)/2 > CHA of liar. That's just a thought I had in my mind...

I don't think the rules should get too complex, but in general I like this.
I think GURPS has a simple system that works like that.
/* No Comment */
̑ͣͥ̈́͝҉̴̸̛͓̦̪̖͇̥̪̣̀͒ͮ͞ͅЂ̷͉͑ͧ͑̃ͩ̔͒͟Ҩ͙̜͚̦̦͚ͮ̍ͥ̔ͮ͂ͨ͊ͫᖅZ̫̻̻̣̹͓̫̄̄̇Ą̴̷̻͈̓̅L̰̳̱̻̔̿ͬ͊͟G͎̾͌͐O̾̂͏̣̪̯͉̞̰͘ ͕͙̹ͧ̄ᕔ̵̣̫̗̝̹̽̈͐̿̚ᙋ͍̺̙̺̳ͮ̽̀͜Ю͈͍̦̩͍̭ͥͦ̊͐ͅѨ̴͙̫̰̫͋͒͑̐͠

OT; Aaltje: S5 P6 E7 C4 I8 A7 L5
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

... Okay, I know that you didn't have this in mind when you suggested that, but I'm now looking to see who, by those numbers, has the most gullible pet overall.

Whom I will then not find and lie to.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Actually, I specifically did not add values and numbers like that for a reason. This RP is focused on the writing and character interaction...not a game to rig. D&D is a roleplaying game; this is just a Roleplay. Those special stats are to give a picture of what your character is capable of in a nutshell measurement, not what your character can actually do. The personality, background and other notes define that much better than a couple of numbers.

For example, I was thinking of changing Venison's stats around a bit, because people still seem to listen to him despite the fact that, oh, say, he has a charisma level of 2? How I've been playing him, and how people react to him clearly show that his CHA level doesn't quite work...(I was thinking of taking one or two points off Luck and adding that to CHA or something...)

Now, as far as catching someone lying, a lot more than just PER and INT come into play. There are many times where a lie is perfectly believable: perhaps it's something your character wants to believe, or a lie that has been practiced over and over again to the point that it's perfect and bulletproof. It depends on your character, and how they would react, not his/her stats.

The point I'm trying to put across: If your character has a very trusting personality, PER and INT 10 will not save you from any lie the world. Conversely, paranoid or suspicious characters could think that everyone's lying to them, even with PER and INT 2.

Basically, there's no formula for trust. :P
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Buckdida wrote:Actually, I specifically did not add values and numbers like that for a reason. This RP is focused on the writing and character interaction...not a game to rig. D&D is a roleplaying game; this is just a Roleplay. Those special stats are to give a picture of what your character is capable of in a nutshell measurement, not what your character can actually do. The personality, background and other notes define that much better than a couple of numbers.

For example, I was thinking of changing Venison's stats around a bit, because people still seem to listen to him despite the fact that, oh, say, he has a charisma level of 2? How I've been playing him, and how people react to him clearly show that his CHA level doesn't quite work...(I was thinking of taking one or two points off Luck and adding that to CHA or something...)

Now, as far as catching someone lying, a lot more than just PER and INT come into play. There are many times where a lie is perfectly believable: perhaps it's something your character wants to believe, or a lie that has been practiced over and over again to the point that it's perfect and bulletproof. It depends on your character, and how they would react, not his/her stats.

The point I'm trying to put across: If your character has a very trusting personality, PER and INT 10 will not save you from any lie the world. Conversely, paranoid or suspicious characters could think that everyone's lying to them, even with PER and INT 2.

Basically, there's no formula for trust. :P
Aww. And I was just about to post my findings, which have been made totally irrelevant by this. xD I do agree though, after thinking about it-- As in, from the information I gathered, Sebastian would be less likely to fall for a lie than almost one-third of all the other pets, based on INT and PER alone. And yet... He'd still probably check just to be sure, if you told him the word 'gullible' had been removed from the dictionary. ... Exceptions are fun!

... Oh, and, I did put together something that can still have practical application. Looking over the thread, I got a basic breakdown of species statistics, at least for all the character sheets that have been created/posted in this thread. According to that, between all neighborhoods and... Wherever Guest Characters go when they leave... there are currently:
64 Dogs (48.9%)
37 Cats (28.2%)
23 Exotic Pets(Wolves, Ferrets, Tigers, Raccoons, etc) (17.6%)
4 Rodents (3.1%)
2 'Other'(Ghost/Spirit) (1.5%)
1 Bird (0.7%)
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Vadiant wrote: Aww. And I was just about to post my findings, which have been made totally irrelevant by this. xD I do agree though, after thinking about it-- As in, from the information I gathered, Sebastian would be less likely to fall for a lie than almost one-third of all the other pets, based on INT and PER alone. And yet... He'd still probably check just to be sure, if you told him the word 'gullible' had been removed from the dictionary. ... Exceptions are fun!

... Oh, and, I did put together something that can still have practical application. Looking over the thread, I got a basic breakdown of species statistics, at least for all the character sheets that have been created/posted in this thread. According to that, between all neighborhoods and... Wherever Guest Characters go when they leave... there are currently:
64 Dogs (48.9%)
37 Cats (28.2%)
4 Rodents (3.1%)
1 Bird (0.7%)
Go Morrigan and your ghostly awesomeness!
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

ctcmjh wrote:
Vadiant wrote: Aww. And I was just about to post my findings, which have been made totally irrelevant by this. xD I do agree though, after thinking about it-- As in, from the information I gathered, Sebastian would be less likely to fall for a lie than almost one-third of all the other pets, based on INT and PER alone. And yet... He'd still probably check just to be sure, if you told him the word 'gullible' had been removed from the dictionary. ... Exceptions are fun!

64 Dogs (48.9%)
37 Cats (28.2%)
4 Rodents (3.1%)
1 Bird (0.7%)
Go Alpha!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

bollythewolf wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

64 Dogs (48.9%)
37 Cats (28.2%)
4 Rodents (3.1%)
1 Bird (0.7%)
Go Alpha!
Go Alpha and Morrigan! Go ghosts!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alright, Buck, you're right, I didn't think about that :S.

So anyway, Tory is the only bird :shock:?!
Richarson Valley

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Alex wrote:Alright, Buck, you're right, I didn't think about that :S.

There's Steel_Wing's Paragus, but he has long since disappeared.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Buckdida wrote:
Alex wrote:Alright, Buck, you're right, I didn't think about that :S.

There's Steel_Wing's Paragus, but he has long since disappeared.
Part of the reason I added the disclaimer for 'all the character sheets that have been created/posted in this thread'. There's bound to be a bunch missed out on from the Old OOC thread, but most of the still-active characters have already had their sheets moved to this topic. Still, the 131 that are accounted for here's a pretty hefty sum, for only about 9 and a half pages!
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Name: Chester

Species: Cat (breed: German Rex)

Neighborhood: Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
looks like a lightly striped orange/white cat, rounded ears, golden like eyes. short skinny tail.
Collar has a dark blue collar with a purple cat trinket on it.

-Personality-
Chester is generally a very sarcastic cat, and often makes people angry because of it. even in very serious situations. occasionally he'll admit to being too sarcastic and will shut-up.
He backs this up with the incredible ability to stay calm in even the most adverse situations.

Other Notes:
-while he is 17, he claims to be 18 because his birthday is really close.
-he is the "son" of a rich Chef. (possibly slightly famous/slightly well known?)
-he moved to Oasis Towers from Germany.

SPECIAL
STR-4
PER-6
END-5
CHA-8
INT-6
AGI-6
LUC-7

what what? Jolly good time.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Question: is it possible to have two very similar characters in different neighbourhoods? OT is proving a bit slow and if I can do so, I would love to have a second Tom Wolfson (or at least a similar character) in BsM.
Neko

Post by Neko »

bollythewolf wrote:Question: is it possible to have two very similar characters in different neighbourhoods? OT is proving a bit slow and if I can do so, I would love to have a second Tom Wolfson (or at least a similar character) in BsM.
I don't see why not as long as they are exactly the same (change the name at least :P)

If you're wanting to read BsM you should read the first post of the BsM OOC and make sure you understand the rules and such before making a post requesting to join (BsM is join by request).
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:For example, I was thinking of changing Venison's stats around a bit, because people still seem to listen to him despite the fact that, oh, say, he has a charisma level of 2? How I've been playing him, and how people react to him clearly show that his CHA level doesn't quite work...

There's a special reason Rav follows Venison. despite Rav's several attempts to get Venison to act like a pet, an do pet things..
Venison still reacts an acts like a human, as Rav has started to identify with him as being a human.
An since he has been trained, an conditioned to obey humans, that is caring over to his obeying Venison.

Also, Is Venison an Ochen ever going to post in RV again??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Guys, for everyone who didn't do this yet, please put the stats of your characters in your signature. I'm not ordering you to do, but it would be so much easier to RP with it for me, and probably for others, too. I'm just saying....
Richarson Valley

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:
Buckdida wrote:For example, I was thinking of changing Venison's stats around a bit, because people still seem to listen to him despite the fact that, oh, say, he has a charisma level of 2? How I've been playing him, and how people react to him clearly show that his CHA level doesn't quite work...

There's a special reason Rav follows Venison. despite Rav's several attempts to get Venison to act like a pet, an do pet things..
Venison still reacts an acts like a human, as Rav has started to identify with him as being a human.
An since he has been trained, an conditioned to obey humans, that is caring over to his obeying Venison.

Also, Is Venison an Ochen ever going to post in RV again??
Sorry, I've been out of town for the weekend. I'll be posting today.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ArgentFlame wrote: RG: Not yet selected (Election pending)
We've finished the election, I won with 7 votes to 44RON10's 6 votes. I'm the new GM, and 44RON10 is the new Assistant GM.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Seeing as how my original plan to enter BsM has been rejected, I'll do what I was planning to do before and request to enter with a character similar (but not the same) to my one in OT.

Name: Jay Williamson

Species: 80% Siberian Husky, 15% Wolf, 5% Samoyed

Neighourhood: Brookshire Meadows

Appearance: Strangely tall for a dog (5'5"), Jay is mainly white, with a blue chest, and a few other blue patches. His curled tail is ringed, a bit like a raccoon tail, with alternating blue and white rings. He has golden eyes, and a dark blue collar. His tag looks like a small steering wheel. His fur is very fluffy and soft, much more so than usual dog fur.

Personality: Jay at first appears to be a bit of an oddity. He's taller than most dogs, with thicker fur than most dogs, and a tail that is coloured like no other dog. But once you get past these physical peculiarities, you find a reasonably clever dog who loves making new friends, is always willing to lend a paw when people need help, and enjoys being cuddled.

Other Notes: Almost all of Jay's physical features can be explained by his odd species make-up. He is 80% husky, which explains his curled tail. His large height is likely because he is 15% wolf. The thickness of his fur, and its primary colour, is probably caused by him being 5% samoyed. However, there is nothing that can explain the raccoon-like colouring of his tail. He isn't particularly strong or fast, but his wolf side shows in his above average endurance. His tag is shaped like a steering wheel because his dad, Sean Williamson, used to race cars at Le Mans, and was reasonably successful.

STR: 5
PER: 6
END: 7
CHA: 6
INT: 7
AGI: 5
LUC: 6
Last edited by Bolly on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

All you did was change the name, huh >_> ? But yeah, it's fine, I don't see why it shouldn't be.
Richarson Valley

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Alex wrote:All you did was change the name, huh >_> ? But yeah, it's fine, I don't see why it shouldn't be.
And the stats...and some other things...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Name - Jake (Page was his human last name)

Gender- Male

Species - Arctic Wolf

Age - 19 in pet years (would be 5 in human years) (This is very debatable, my reasoning being he was 19 as a human, so he'd be 19 in pet years)

neighborhood- Yorkshire Fields

Appearance - Jake is mainly white except for the mix of black fur in between his eyes, that leads up his head and down his spine and along the top of his tail. He has black ears and has a small mix of brown fur on his upper torso. He is rather strong, and his body shows it. With slightly bulging muscles on his arms, pecs on his chest, and bulging muscles in his legs. He has blue eyes and wears a black collar with a plain circle for a tag, which simply says 'Jake'.

Personality - Jake is kind of a blank slate, after he lost his memories. He is friendly and kind to other pets, but he acts more like a human then a pet.

Back Story: (Warning, SPOILERS)
Jake was not always a wolf, but he doesn't remember that now. He used to be the child everyone felt bad for. The kid that grew up in a orphan house, the one who was to old to be wanted by another family. He grew up in that orphanage, and graduated from high school. The home wouldn't support him for much longer so he got a job so he'd be able to afford a place when he got kicked out. When he became 19 he was told he could no longer stay, so he started renting a small apartment downtown. The kind where its one bath,a small kitchen, and a bedroom. One night when he was walking back to his apartment from work he ran into a strange figure. Now Jake wakes up in a strange neighborhood as a wolf with his memories gone. The only reason he remembers his name is from the tag that hangs from his collar.

Other Notes -
-Jake is Bisexual but leans more towards the ladies. (Though he doesn't remember this at all)
-Knows Chemistry, Physics, and basic automotive skills.
-Knows how to Read and Write well.

SPECIAL -
Str = 8
Per = 7
End = 6
Cha = 4
Int = 8
Agl = 5
Luk = 4
Last edited by Neko on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Razuk

Post by Razuk »

Name: Razuk

Species:Dog

Character type:Main

Neighborhood:

Gang: N/A

Appearance:Dark Brownish Fur,Dark Blue eyes, Has a Black Fedora, and Has a nice little back pack were he keeps anything he conciders important, A black Collar with his name written in a cheap, yet surprisingly durable green marker. Slightly Taller than the average dog.

Personality:Razuk is pretty lazy[yet creative] sitting around doing nothing is his usual day plan.He is somewhat shy around people he does not know, yet once he considers someone to be "ok" he becomes loyal, outgoing an quick to joke around. He sometimes becomes a little insane, and is paranoid[ Yet, he keeps all his paranoid thoughts inside his mind ]. He enjoys music, reading [ Mostly about zombies ], Roleplaying, and Video Games. He has incredably high standards when it comes too Movies, and video games.He considers himself Manipulative.

Owner: Angel Rodriguez[ He is a gamer ]

Other notes:
-Has an obsesion over Bacon
-He found the Fedora in the trash.He thinks it's "The best hat ever made".
-On his back pack he has a small pet rock[It is named after his owner's uncle, Rocky], A Bag with bacon in it, a ball, A book[ about zombies ],a drawing book, some pencils, A small ball, and some other things.
-He calls his back pack his "Bag o' Wonders", in memory of one his friends roleplay itoms.
-Hates talking about his life before Angel got him.

SPECIAL -
Strength - 6
Perception - 5
Endurance - 6
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 8
Agility - 6
Luck - 5

Name: Casin

Species: Cat

Character type:Main

Neighborhood:

Gang:N/A

Appearance: Light Brownish fur, Green eyes, Half of frienship bracelet[Lost the other Half], Dark Pink Collar, With her name Written on it.Has some rather nice shoes. Average height.

Personality:She is cheerful, easy trusting, energetic. She loves to be outside.She is really good at games[board games, video game, ect.] , but she would rather sit outside with friends. She tries to be the best friend she can.She is a bit grumpy when she is really bored.

Owner: Angel Rodriguez

Other Notes:
-She was the one who found Rocky
-Usualy makes sure razuk does not go too crazy
- She is not very creative.
-Has a teddy bear named "Teddy"
-Hates Bacon
- Prefers to keep Personal information to herself.
- Enjoys exploration, and Role playing[Sadly, She is horrible at Role Playing]

SPECIAL-
Strength - 3
Perception - 7
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 7
Intelligence - 10
Agility - 6
Luck - 3
Wait...wait...WAIT! Is that bacon I smell?
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

-Name-
David Martin

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Cat

-Age-
5(17.5)

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance- {click}
David is a handsome cat. His fur is jet black and he has a dark grey underbelly. His fur is always smooth and glossy, giving him a "shining knight" look. David's right hand is the same dark grey as his belly, and is matched by his left foot. His left eye is the same color and the spot runs halfway up his ear. David has icy-blue eyes that match the color of the guitar pick that dangles from his white collar.

-Personality-
David is what you would call an "Everyman" who has a gift. He is generally a goodnatured guy, and he goes about his days like everyone else. His only oddity is his prodigal knack for music. David can play almost any instrument that doesn't fall in the genre of percussion. He doesn't brag about his skills or rub it in other's faces, however. In fact he chose not to follow in his mentor's footsteps and become a celebrity musician. Instead he plays music for fun andmlocal entertainment. David is warm-hearted, caring, and easily likable.

-Other Notes-
-David can play absolutely no percussion instruments
-He doesn't know where he came from, only that his mentor, Jimmy James, found him in an alley in Chicago
-Out of his vast collection of instruments, David's favorites are the acoustic guitar his mentor gave him(he often wears is strapped to his back) and the old piano he first started learning music with
-David has never had a girlfriend. EVER.

-SPECIAL-
S-6 P-6 E-6 C-7 I-6 A-6 L-5

-Strengths and Weaknesses-
Strength: David is a smooth talker, and he can capture the attention of others almost as easily with his speaking as with his singing
Weakness: David is easily excitable

Strength: David is of average build, so he can hold his own in a fight
Weakness: He is "of average build". Nothing special.

-----------------
This is more of a sendary character(like human owners, which yes, Jimmy and David do have).

-Name-
Jimmy James

-Character Type-
Main(Secondary)

-Species-
Dog (Polish Lowland Sheepdog)

-Age-
16(56)

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
Jimmy is an old and grey dog. His fir is a light sliver flecked with white, and his long, moppy hair covers most of eyes with a shaggy mess. His whiskers are thick, giving him the appearnce of having a scraggly goatee. When you can see his eyes, they are dark amber.

-Personality-
Jimmy is spritely and devilish despite his old age. He loves to tease the "young'ins" and is very kind-spirited. Jimmy treats David like his own son, and is always watching over him.

-Other Notes-
-Jimmy James rarely tells people about his past, what little many can find out is that he was once a famous musician, a legend of his time. Die-hard fans would be the only ones to recognize his true identity. Jimmy is actually James Hart, a rockstar from many years ago, who went into hiding after he was the victim of a failed assassination attempt. The would be assassin was angry with Hart after his band, Soapbox Tuesdays, broke up.
-Jimmy's large fortune is the provider of David's equipment, though neither of the musicians show off their wealth.

-SPECIAL-
S-5 P-5 E-5 C-8 I-8 A-5 L-6

-Strengths and Weaknesses-
Strength: Jimmy has become wizened after his many years of life.
Weakness: He is old, and his body doesn't work like it used to.
Last edited by JOFOXX on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Last edited by Zander on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Zander, Scythe looks FRikkin' awesome. (Excuse my language) I love his tail, like REALLY.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Zander

Post by Zander »

Tobee wrote:Zander, Scythe looks FRikkin' awesome. (Excuse my language) I love his tail, like REALLY.
Squeeeeeeeeeeee :3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yeah, I saw the picture of Scythe, he's soooo cute :D

Also, you REALLY RP a lot....
Richarson Valley

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Hi guys! Remember me?

My apologies [again] for the lack of interaction in both RV and OT. I’m in a heat wave and on top of that I’m experiencing some serious writers block. My motivation and creativity are literally fried right now...

I’ll try real hard to get up to pace asap.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

GUYS.

Dark Tendencies and its affiliates are NOT affiliated with PF! Stop posting character sheets for Yorkshire fields here!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Chairoum
Location: Floating on a cloud; dropping waterballoons on your head.

Post by Chairoum »

First character using this freaky format. Please don't kill me. This character is a prototype, so if anyone sees any major issues, I'm looking at the personality and other notes sections particularly, be a pal and let me know, please?

Name: Deacon Trente.
Character Type: Main.
Species: Cat, Havana Brown (Pedigree/Purebreed).
Neighborhood: Oasis Towers.
Appearance: A solid mahogany brown fur throughout; lean, muscular body; triangular head longer than it is wide, all as per breed requirements. Green eyes a pale shade of green, specifically jade green. A metallic brown collar, with a reflective bronze tag inscribed with his personal information; wrapped around his neck loose enough to prevent chaffing, but tight enough to not slip off easily.
Personality: Around strangers, and his parents, Deacon is quite frankly, a stick in the mud. Stiff, humorless, formal; emotionally numb. If and when he chooses to open up, which requires that neither the prerequisites for his stiff behavior be anywhere near him, Deacon can be friendly, and kind, if a bit meek. Due to being both a pedigree, and a former show-cat, Deacon bases a fair bit of his self-worth on his appearance, rarely participating in behavior that could lead to him being anything less than immaculate publicly; though he can be tempted with most forms of fast food. Naturally inquisitive, Deacon will spend weeks or months researching topics or picking apart a person's mannerisms for no other reason than he wants to know. Those fortunate enough to have him open up beyond the normal level for friends bear witness to a darker side; full of sadistic thoughts and remarks, and a positively twisted sense of humor.

Other Notes: Deacon's parents are Solomon Trente, the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of an international trading conglomerate; and Sarah Trente, a housewife who formerly traveled with Deacon in tow to various cat-shows, and who now writes fiction novels about her experiences. Deacon was purchased from a professional cattery, at serious expense to Solomon's checkbook, and the Trente's relationship, after he had completed the facility's training courses. When Sarah retired Deacon from touring as a show-cat, she had him help with her books, serving as a beta-reader and editor before she was taken up by a publishing company. Deacon has since begun working on his own books, through which he vents his repressed emotions; but has yet to find a publisher, in no part helped by Sarah who is disturbed by his chosen genre: Horror. Solomon rarely stops by to visit, but has displayed similar sentiments as his wife on the subject.

SPECIAL
S-4, Aside from keeping in shape as a habit from his cat-shows.
P-8, Writers are an intuitive lot. Really, they are.
E-3, While able to stand and pose for hours on end, don't expect him to win long distance runs.
C-8, He knows how to be polite, how to lie effectively, and how to tell a story.
I-8, One does not devote large portions of time to research without gaining some book smarts.
A-5, The only reason this isn't lower, is because he's a cat and pretty much in shape.
L-6, His parents haven't sent him to counseling about his writing, yet, so that's pretty lucky, right?
Last edited by Chairoum on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OT-Deacon: S-4 P-8 E-3 C-8 I-8 A-5 L-6.
Alex

Post by Alex »

It's a good character, I don't really see anything wrong. A bit dark, but hey, we need such characters, too, so don't worry :lol:

Also, guys, what is a pedigree?
Richarson Valley

Chairoum
Location: Floating on a cloud; dropping waterballoons on your head.

Post by Chairoum »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purebred

A pedigree is a recording or registering of an animal's ancestry. I apologize, as I failed to properly do the research, and assumed things about pedigrees that are factually incorrect. I will of course edit my character to remove the incorrect information, and include the correct.

Terribly sorry. Please don't kill me.

OT-Deacon: S-4 P-8 E-3 C-8 I-8 A-5 L-6.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

(So I take it that this is where you create characters? Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm having a little trouble figuring things out.)

-Name-
Frankenstein Shelley

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Dog- A purebreed mutt.

-Age-
Human: 5 years old ; Dog: 17.5 years old

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Frankenstein is a mutt. He looks more like a mismatch of dog parts then an actual dog. He has a medium length snout, and rather pointed ears that seem too small for his head. His fur ranges from white, to black, to grey, and sprinkled with some red on the paws. His tail is rather long, and seems like it belongs to a collie. Frankenstein's most notable feature is that black tufts of fur run across his body, resembling hastily done stitches. There are also puffs of long fur on Frankenstein's neck, which seem to resemble electrodes.
Frankenstein's collar is adorned with a picture of an operating table. He doesn't like to talk about it.

-Personality-
Frankenstein is a easily annoyed individual. He simply hates being called a zombie, which he considers offensive. Yet no matter how much a person insults or teases him, Frankenstein will never fight back. Because Frankenstein is a pacifist, the most dangerous thing he can do to a person is stare at them.
In the privacy of his own home though, Frankenstein often sleeps. When he wakes up, he often lifts himself up with his arms stretched out in classic zombie style. When not sleeping, Frankenstein indulges himself with horror novels, where he takes his anger out on others by replacing the victims with the person he hates the most at the moment.

-History-
His biological mother was a street dog... And he was the last of his brothers... He would live, barely surviving for days on end with only the occasional hamburger stolen from a trashcan. That is not a life he wished to remember... But as time went on, even the worst situation could be turned around. An Animal rescue society found him, and sought to find him a home. For three weeks they where unsuccessful, as many potential families where put off by his appearance. Soon the time had come for him to be put down... But even in the darkest hour, there are moments that define a life.
As he was being carried into the backroom, a civilian spoke up. That lonely soul was in search of a companion, a dog to place a head on in her time of need. Frankenstein would never know why she chose to adopt him... But he would never forget the way she held him for the first time, accepting him with her smile.
That moment defined his life, filling a once empty existence with hope. That smile was the farthest back he ever dared remember, for it was the only thing worth remembering...

Unless... For some reason all he knows is a lie...

-Other Notes-
-Frankenstein hates the novel that he's named after.
-Frankenstein has a fear of lightning, possibly because he was born during a thunderstorm.
-Frankenstein often calls himself a purebreed mutt.

-SPECIAL-
Strength-7
Perception- 8
Endurance- 6
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 7
Agility- 5
Luck- 5
Last edited by Wolf on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Wolf wrote:-Name-
Frankenstein Shelley
I lol'd :lol:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sorry for the double post!

Here is my character for Brookshire Meadows, Erin.

Name: Erin White

Species: Dog, English Shepherd

Neighborhood: Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
Erin has black fur running along his back, legs, shoulders, tail, and his head. The middle of his head is parted by white fur that goes from his forehead to his belly. His paws and feet are all white, and he has brown on the inside of his arms and legs. His eyes are light blue, but sometimes it looks a little darker. His collar is a light brown collar. The tag is a red tassel. He normally wears a scarf over it. He has a lot of scarves at home, but his two favorites are the white one and the pink one. Real life.

-Personality-
Erin is a pretty friendly dog and is nearly always seen with a smile on his face. He enjoys helping others in any way he can; assistance, advice, comforting, etc. He is easily distracted and tends to over think sometimes. He can be a little awkward when first meeting someone, but he warms up to them fast. He is a little effeminate, but not overbearingly so.

-Other Notes-
Erin loves to cook and he has an incredible palate. He cooks nearly all the meals for him and his owners. He loves to cook, bake and barbeque whenever he can.
Erin is bisexual, but prefers guys.
Erin has a twin sister. She is living with family in England right now.
His owner, Mr. White is a cook, and he taught Erin everything he knew. Mrs. White is a secretary at some business in the city.
Because of his effeminate behavior, and pink scarf, he is often mistaken for a girl.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 6 "Hey, need help with that?"
Perception- 9 "Hmm... It smells like you used too much rosemary." *Tests the food* "Yes, way too much rosemary."
Endurance- 5 "Let's go swimming!"
Charisma- 7 "Hey, I'm Erin! Let's have some fun!"
Intelligence- 6 "I like books, but I'd rather play."
Agility- 4 "Hey! Wait up!"
Luck- 5 "Oh look! A quarter!"
Last edited by ctcmjh on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Yeah... I finally got around to writing Frankenstein's history. You can read it in his CS.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Random little fact about my characters: I intertwined their lives, and their all connected somehow.