Tell us about your Username

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Tell us about your Username

Post by Sleet »

By "fitting to the environment" you mean "generic?" You did good. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Prof

Post by Prof »

Sleet wrote:By "fitting to the environment" you mean "generic?" You did good. :3
Yes, generic is the right therm. And thank you ^_^
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Well the short, simple answer is, my favourite colour is blue, my favourite animal is the fox...plus I have a blue fox fursona.
It's a simple username but it does me nicely, since I can't really think of anything else. I guess I'm just not that imaginitive.

I'm actually very surprised how rare blue foxes are on the internet.
Seriously, I only recall ever meeting a small handful myself, and a lot of people tell me I'm the only blue fox they've ever met.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You'd think more people would try to emulate Krystal. :B
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Nostson

Post by Nostson »

This pretty much sums up how I made this name
Goforit
Weather Wizard

Post by Goforit »

A really looong time ago... in the highest room... in the tallest tower... there lived a Princess named Fiona. But that has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with my username.

It was made when I first joined this here forum. I was shy, didn't really want to make an account, but couldn't stop repeating "Just go for it!" in my head. I repeated it so many times that it sounded like a username. It also has a "fur" like sound in it, and that seemed good enough. Even though I didn't think about that until now. But yes. That was unconsciously intentional. Probably. The nickname that arose from it is also "Go", which is short and simple. It's also a really good song by Andy Hunter. And I like cars (not trains), so I actually like to, you know, go. I don't particularly dislike my given name, but I like nicknames/usernames a lot. To me, it seems more personal, because it's a product of context. I'm actually irked by people who call me by name... normally because that's a way of signalling "I NEED YOUR ATTENTION NOW YOUR CAR IS ON FIRE AGAIN".
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I suppose I may have to stop using your "real" name, then! *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

The Blue Fox wrote:Well the short, simple answer is, my favourite colour is blue, my favourite animal is the fox...plus I have a blue fox fursona.
It's a simple username but it does me nicely, since I can't really think of anything else. I guess I'm just not that imaginitive.
Seriously, I only recall ever meeting a small handful myself, and a lot of people tell me I'm the only blue fox they've ever met.
Does anyone remember the epic Disney show, Kim Possible?
There was one episode where there was a new fad, being a colored animal personality test. As a result, they would find out who they're "compatible" with.
Kim was a blue fox.
I don't know how I never noticed that when I saw your name!
Ron the sidekick was a pink sloth, and I remember Kim and Ron finally ended up getting together in the final episode.

Do you know any pink sloths you could be compatible with? :lol:

......Childhood memory time over.
Nothing to see here. Continue explaining your usernames. :D
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Goforit, AGAIN? Your car is on fire AGAIN?! Does that happen more often? :lol:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

jrodsqod wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:Well the short, simple answer is, my favourite colour is blue, my favourite animal is the fox...plus I have a blue fox fursona.
Does anyone remember the epic Disney show, Kim Possible?
There was one episode where there was a new fad, being a colored animal personality test. As a result, they would find out who they're "compatible" with.
Kim was a blue fox.
I don't know how I never noticed that when I saw your name!
Ron the sidekick was a pink sloth, and I remember Kim and Ron finally ended up getting together in the final episode.

Do you know any pink sloths you could be compatible with? :lol:
I haven't really watched any kim possible episodes...I remember catching bits and peices when channel hopping seeing what's on, but no full episodes.

No I don't know any pink sloths at all. :/ I think the closest I got is a rather lazy purple ocelot...and she's already taken. :/

I do remrmber another show from my childhood that had blue foxes in it in the second season.
Anybody remember, perhaps, The Animals Of Farthing Wood?
Last edited by The Blue Fox on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

I know at least 3 other blue foxes in the UK. Just saying :P
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

And how many other kinds of furries do ya know?
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

What's that supposed to mean? I've been around for coming up to 4 years, and I've seen (and know) all sorts of furries.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Nothing, I'm just re-iterating how surprisingly rare blue foxes are. You know only 3 blue foxes out of probably many dozens of furries you've met over the years. Just sayin'
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

The Blue Fox wrote:I do remrmber another show from my childhood that had blue foxes in it in the second season...and therefore is another (rather big) aspect towards the story of my nickname.
Yes!
I found it a few years ago and really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.
BOOOOOOOOOOLD!!! :cry:

So... I apparently haven't told my name's origin. :?
Obbl is a name I made up in 5th grade for a game my friend was making. They were my favorite little critters, so the name has always stuck with me :D
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

The Blue Fox wrote:Nothing, I'm just re-iterating how surprisingly rare blue foxes are. You know only 3 blue foxes out of probably many dozens of furries you've met over the years. Just sayin'
It's probably more like hundreds than dozens. But that isn't really saying much. How many blue wolves do you know, for example?
Goforit
Weather Wizard

Post by Goforit »

Render wrote:Goforit, AGAIN? Your car is on fire AGAIN?! Does that happen more often? :lol:
It has yet to become an external combustion engine, actually! Though, the tailpipe used to shoot flames... I fixed it by removing some emissions devices that were pumping raw fuel into the exhaust. ^.^
Obbl wrote:Obbl is a name I made up in 5th grade for a game my friend was making.
I actually have a question about that... how is Obbl pronounced? Is it kind of like "oh-bell" or "aah-bull", as in the words "opel" or "gobble"? Cool name nonetheless!
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

In my head it rhymes with "wobble."
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Obbl wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:I do remrmber another show from my childhood that had blue foxes in it in the second season...and therefore is another (rather big) aspect towards the story of my nickname.
Yes!
I found it a few years ago and really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.
BOOOOOOOOOOLD!!! :cry:
Yes!!! Boooooooold, whyyyyyy? :cry:
You know, I never once cried for any of my real life grandparents' deaths but Bold's death never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

We're not mentioning Season 3 except for the fact that Season 3 ssssuuuuuuuuuuuuu...*one eternity later*...uuuucks.

I wish somebody re-did the show, only this time including EVERYTHING in the books...

Bolly wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:Nothing, I'm just re-iterating how surprisingly rare blue foxes are. You know only 3 blue foxes out of probably many dozens of furries you've met over the years. Just sayin'
It's probably more like hundreds than dozens. But that isn't really saying much. How many blue wolves do you know, for example?
Yeah, good point. I actually already realized by myself those two posts were a bit dumb on my part...there wasn't really any need to say anything.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

It's okay dude, we all do silly things every now and then :)

Anyway, my username. It started off as bolmedias which was a misspelling of part of the name of a card from Duel Masters (a moderately-to-slightly popular TCG; think Magic for kids). Once I'd realised I'd misspelled it, I just kept running with it. I used this nickname for a couple of years, but it increasingly became obvious that people couldn't pronounce it easily, so around the time when I joined the fandom., I shortened it to Bolly. That then becamse both my username/nickname, and also my fursona's name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's actually kinda an adorable origin.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Before this I had Necrid (From Soul Calibur)
Later I altered Necrid into Necrith / Necrath for a more original name, but it was time for something new.

I started Googling with names and kept altering parts till Google's search result din't show anything.
It went from Zavantia to what it is now, Kyderra

To this day if you Google my name, about 99% is related to me. I have yet to find anything that's not
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What's the other 1%?
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I don't really know why I had chosen this my username. I was like 6 when I chosen it. And I have been using it for 4 years. So yah.
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Sleet wrote:What's the other 1%?
A guy dancing on YouTube while cooking
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Suuuuure, and I bet you expect us to believe that's not you, eh?
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Ahahaha! :lol:
Thomas Bangalter

Post by Thomas Bangalter »

Hey. So Thomas is my favorite techno artist (next to Guy-man, of course). :geek:
Wat? I'm sorry i couldn't hear you over my derpiness! wait
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

This guy
He's also been Pinky, Rusty, Wacky, Stuffy, Tomasso, Faker, and The Professor.
It's not my favorite movie of theirs, and he's not my favorite Marx Brother, but I went with it.
Panda Panda Panda
Eemi

Post by Eemi »

This is just a random finnish name that I saw somewhere. I liked it and started to use it on forums :)
My avatar was drawn by my awesome friend tttiitu. http://tttiitu.deviantart.com/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Would it be something you'd name a kid? :3
The Craazyy1

Post by The Craazyy1 »

Well, I was playing runescape when I was like 6-7 years old, and had a stupid name along the lines of Darkprince2341 or something, and then couldn't play for a little while, so I forgot the numbers in my username. So after that I tried to find a username without numbers and tried all manners of original things like Sonic and Chris and stuff. So, after trying a lot of really original and clever names that I don't get how others could have come up with I just got annoyed and typed in Craazyy with extra vowels for exaggeration and the game said "That name is not available, what about Craazyy1?"(since you had to have a number) so I went with it.
"What doesn't kill you, simply makes you...stranger
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Well from what I've seen so far you certainly are crazy!

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
bug1

Post by bug1 »

My user name I simply ... well made up! All I thought to myself was,

"What is a short, unrecognizable, slightly weird and kinda creepy but memorable name that I can think of?..."

Thus, bug1 was born!! :twisted:

Sinse then I've been getting on when I can to argue or otherwise troll all that stand in my cloud of interest. (twisted laugh ) :twisted: :twisted:
Troll on people Troll on!! :D
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

My name, SuperStar, is an abbreviation of Super Star Kirby, or simply Kirby, who is also my Avy.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oh hey! I remember putting it down in another thread a long time ago, but might as well put it here.

My name is simple enough. I have a rare shade of red hair. It is dark, but shines like copper in the light. I picked copper simply because of my wonderful ginger locks of spun copper. Not sure what else to say about it, heh.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

I originally wanted WhoElseButKarishad as a parody of Family Guy's Who Else but Quagmire, but the mods were afraid people would think I was Karishad so I settled for the original instead.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

copper wrote:Oh hey! I remember putting it down in another thread a long time ago, but might as well put it here.

My name is simple enough. I have a rare shade of red hair. It is dark, but shines like copper in the light. I picked copper simply because of my wonderful ginger locks of spun copper. Not sure what else to say about it, heh.
Wait, you're a Gin-OOF! *bricked*

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Might as well explain mine. I was looking up Sonic the Hedgehog pics on Deviantart and I saw some drawn by Hyperchaotix. I thought the name was really cool, so I decided to change it a bit and I came up with hypernovatic. Yeah, I know I copied an idea, but I don't care. That and I am really hyper a lot.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Kit stands for a Kit Fox.
I have no idea what "ela" meant to me three years ago.