Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Rikki sighed again: weasels weren't common in the area, they never had been, and many of them had left while the humans had been expanding their city. He'd wondered why Pifer was still there, "Pifer, you know by now that you're the last one. What I don't understand is why you don't just leave? Move on to another forest where there are female weasels? If nothing else, maybe you can find a breeding pair with a daughter or two and wait for them to grow up? There's nothing forcing you to stay here..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry, sat back, the smile gone from his face. "Well you're just a single-minded fellow aren't you?" Terry shrugged, making *hmph* sound, and stood up, hips swaying as he walked off. It was quiet for a moment,t hen Ian moved to follow him, glancing at Frank as he past. "Er, sorry about that."

-----Behind the House-----

Pifer shook his head slowly, shrugging his shoulders. "To be honest, Rikki, I've asked myself that same thing." He sighed, looking up at the raccoon. "It just feels wrong." Pifer's head drooped, the weasel suddenly feeling tired. He tilted his head back a little, resting it on Rikki's arm. "I just don't know anymore..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"I understand: it's hard to leave the place where you met her after loosing her like that, but this is what I've been saying: you have to put it behind you. You're 7 years old now, and time isn't going to wait. You understand that, right?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Frank sighed, brushing his fur off and relieved that nothing had stained it.
"Honestly, I'm not that bothered," Frank replied, getting to his feet. "I'd be happy to be friends with any one of my fans, but definitely not if they insist on attacking me every time they see me. Are you two sticking around to enjoy what remains of the barbecue party?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

"I understand everything, Rikki. Probably more than you know..." Pifer put his head in his hands, clamping is fingers on his face. "I'm sorry. I know you're looking out for me, but I could never leave." He was silent for a moment, and he closed his eyes. "I just can't." He flopped backward onto the ground as he spoke, staring at the sky. Pifer turned his ead to Rikki, gazing up at him with watery eyes. "It's so much easier for you. You've got Jack, and the pets here trust you. You've got to stick around and protect them from pests like me." He smiled a little at that, but it was fleeting. "I'm just stuck, Rikki. Useless and unmoving."

-----In the Backyard-----

Terry ignored Frank, pushing through the other pets toward the house. Ian was the one who stopped, turning back to Frank. He smiled appologetically at the cat, sgrugging. "We'll be around, but I'd advise you to keep your distance."
FunkyChickenFace

Frank sighed and rubbed the back of his head. Well, that went... less well then he had expected. He hadn't expected the blue cat to flounce away like that, although Frank did note that if said Blue Cat had been female, he totally would have dated her.

"Anyway, what're you and your friend's name?" asked Frank, scratching at where his collar chafed slightly.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

"I'm Ian." The corgi said, then pointed back toward the house. "The cat you had the pleasure of meeting is named Terry." Ian looked at Frank quizzically, studying him. "So you're Frank Holiday?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki sighed again: he couldn't help Pifer, he had to help himself. He sat down next to him, putting an arm around his shoulder, "It's not that easy for me either. If it wasn't for all the things I had here, I'd have moved on with Taku to find him a mate, maybe one for me too. Now he's just... stuck. He's not ready to leave here and live on his own like I was, and I can only blame myself for that. I guess that's just what happens sometimes: you get good luck and bad luck, it's just another factor in natural selection, and there's not much you can do about it." He sighed, his eyes were tearing too now.
FunkyChickenFace

"Yeah, that's me!" said Frank, bowing at the waist. "You a fan too?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer flinched once again under Rikki's touch, but managed to relax like he had before. "You're preaching to the choir, Rikki..." The weasel said wryly. "I know where my luck is at." He sighed, looking up at the cloudy sky, fine mist spraying his face, clinging to his fur. First one, then two drop fell through the missed, landing on Pifer's cheek with a small splash. Pifer looked at Rikki, the corners of his mouth curving. "Just what I need... a good shower." Pifer grabbed ahold of the Raccoon's shoulders yanking him onto his chest like a shield. Water slammed down on them in one vast torrent, and before Pifer's fur was drenched through Rikki. "Maybe all our worries will wash away with the rain, eh?" Pifer spoke into Rikki's ear to be heard of the downpour.

-----In the yard-----

Ian shook his head. "I don't listen to the Queen Nips." He said matter-of-factly. No sooner had the words left his mouth when he had to hold his hands over his head as a torrent of water fell from the sky, hitting everything with a loud *thwack*.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank yelped and dived for cover, which turned out to be the nearby salad bar.

"HOY! Get under here!" he shouted at Ian. "You too!" he said to Terry. "BUT NO GLOMPING!!!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Ack!" Rikki stuggled for a second before realizing what Pifer was doing and submitting to it. He laughed, "Oh no you don't!" He pulled Pifer over with him, rolling on the rapidly muddying ground.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin snuggled next to Taku, his ear pressed against the young raccoon's chest listening to his heartbeat. He wasn't able to sleep after practically sleeping most of the day away. Darin simply laid their, staring at the side of the cage as his brain was filled with constant thought. I hope everyone is ok, I wonder if the humans are feeding them as well as I have been fed. Are they locked in a box like this? I hope the humans were as nice as Matt and Jack, but they wouldn't have took them if they were nice... Why did they take them, we were only looking for food. We weren't attacking people or anything, I don't get it. I sure hope they are done, pro-shesh-ing soon. I miss sleeping with Mother and Father, and playing with everyone. Maybe tomorrow Jack will look at...at the computer and say we can go to them. Oh, I'm gonna miss Mr.Raccoon and Taku....They're both so nice, and there is a big forest I haven't explored yet. Darin looked up at the slumbering Taku. I wonder where Taku lives, he didn't have a collar so he's not a pet. Maybe he has his own home in a tree...

His thoughts were interrupted when his ears twitched, the sound of rain could be heard. Darin wiggled out of Taku's grasp and moved to the Cage door where he could see the rain hitting the windows. It's the same stuff from before, um...Glass! Hmm, the rain just slides right off of it...*sigh* I wonder where Mr.Raccoon is...
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian dove under the table, huddling away from the torrent. "What just happened?!" He asked frantically, barely heard over the sound of rain on wood.

-----Out in the Mud-----

Pifer yelped as he was rolled over, cold water running down his back. He couldn't help but smile as he wrestled to flip Rikki, the rain making rythmic patterings against his fur. The soaked weasel rolled off of Rikki, dropping into a crouch and pouncing back. Pifer rolled over Rikki, sending them tumbling into a nearby hedge where the still-dry dirt clung to his fur. He kicked playfully at Rikki, trying to push the raccoon back out into the rain and out of the cramped space in the hedge. "This here is my cover ya varmint!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki grabbed the leg at he was kicked, using the momentum to help him yank Pifer back out, sliding him through the mud. "It's not gonna be that easy Pifer! We're both gonna be the same color when this is over!" He jumped back on Pifer, splashing in the mud with him.
FunkyChickenFace

"Torrential and sudden rain," said Matt, rolling under the table with them and being careful not to squash anybody. "Sorry Frank, I was tied up by a random lawn implement and broke my face."

"LIAR!!"

"Anyway, our best bet is to go at full tilt into the house. The front door actually looks unlocked, so we can run through there to get inside."

"I agree with that assessment. Ian, you coming?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer made a surprised sound as he was dragged from the hedge, rain turning the dry dirt he had picked up to mud. He grabbed Rikki as they collided again rolling him over back underneath. "From the looks of us now, that wont be too long!" He made a mock roaring sound as he rolled, wrestling against Rikki's arms.

-----Under the Salad Bar-----

Ian shrugged, staring intently at the door. "Sounds better than sitting under the salad all afternoon." Before the others had time to react, the little corgi was zipping across the yard, making a beeline for the door. By the time he got there, Ian's fur was already dripping.
FunkyChickenFace

"ONWARD!! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!" shouted Frank, sprinting as well and diving through as Ian opened the door. He landed with a mop-like THWACK on the floor. Matt soon followed, almost tripping over Ian and Frank but surviving long enough to pull Ian in by the scruff of his neck and slamming the door shut.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku woke up again: how dreadful. The sudden loss of heat from the pup had caused him to wake up, which meant he could feel his nose again. Where was Melinda with her "Sed-a-tives"? He got up with a muffled grunt, going over to the door and unlatching it, leading the pup out. 'Maybe Jack is back from his human-business now and he can find Melinda...'

---------------- At the rain-soaked party ----------------
Rikki tumbled with Pifer, mock-snarling back: he felt like a kid again as he grabbed Pifer by the head and tried to drive his face into the mud.

Above them, Zucchini was looking at the thing he'd seen before: a large metal pole sticking out of the roof. He smoothed his headfur back, which kept standing up, despite the rain. "Gee... What is this thing?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin followed behind Taku in hopes that maybe someone would have come back by now. "I hope someone came back...maybe the rain made them come back! He smiled up to Taku, his tail wagging the slightest with eagerness.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian yelped as he was yanked into the house. He made a disturbing squish sound as his wet fur met the floor, and slid a few feet. He lay there for a while, panting as he recuperated.

-----Outside-----

Pifer yelped as he tried to keep his face out of the mud. He strained against Rikki for few seconds, then twisted out from under him, sending mud and water flying. Pifer jumped to his feet, dripping mud. "You're not going to win so easily, coon!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku looked down at the pup with a little puff: he was actually kinda cute, and made Taku think about how he'd been wanting children. 'Is this what all pups are like? Cute and cuddly? I think I'm gonna miss this kid when Rikki finds him a home...'

---------------- Singin' and Dancin' in the rain. ----------------
Rikki didn't give him time to speak, he dove for his legs, sliding through them, causing Pifer to flop belly-down, completing both their mudifications.

---------------- On the roof above them... ---------------------
Zucchini had pulled off the rod, and was not standing where it connected to the house, holding it above his head to examine it. "I see it's conductive, but what is it doing on the roof? Oh! I know! Maybe it's suppose to stop lightning from hitting the house in a storm! It must be a Lighting Rod!"
BOOM!
Zucchini was instantly cremated, his ashes flowing down the roof and into the gutters of the house. What an electrifying way to go out!
FunkyChickenFace

"So Ian," said Frank from his prone position on the floor. "Who DO you listen too?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin looked at Taku, turning his head slightly. "What?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer tumbled over forward, landing face-first in the mud. The weasel pushed himself up, spitting dirt from his mouth, and turned to Rikki. "You're gonna regret tha-"

BOOM!

Pifer jumped, eyes staring frantically at the roof as the rod atop the house ognited for a moment. He looked back down at Rikki, eyes anxious. "Er... maybe we should go inside now..."

-----Soaking the Host's Floor-----

Ian puffed weakly, unable to laugh. "Oh lots of things... really. Name pretty much any genre and I listen to something from it."

CRACK

An earsplitting sound echoed through the house, causing Ian to jump. "Was that lightning?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku leaned over and gave the pup a warm hug before leading him back out the door. 'Let's see... If I remember correctly, they usually go back to one of those office places when they do human-business like that...'

---------------- Back in the mud-pits of Aalllderann... ----------------
Rikki jumped at the lighting too. "Yeah, I'd rather not be burned to a crisp. C'mon, I'm sure they'll be ok with you being there when I'm with you." He moved quickly towards the back door...
FunkyChickenFace

"Hmm... that was rather violent sounding. Why does this house have a lightening rod, anyway?" asked Matt, musing wetly at the possibly unneeded appliance. "If anything, it'd be counter-productive, might break something in the basement.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer nodded, trailing after Rikki toward the front door. "How do you know they'll be so accepting of you? We both look like we just came out of a swamp."

-----Pondering the Existance of Rods-----

Ian stared at the human, eyebrow raised. "What?"

"IAN!" The corgi turned just as Terry pounced out of nowhere, landing on him. "I heard lightning and I thought it was you! Hey... You're wet..."
Last edited by JOFOXX on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

While all this was going on, around the other side of the building...

Kytes followed Sid around to the side of the building, "What do ya wanna talk about?" he said, concerned that "talking" wasn't what was going to happen.
Sid looked around the corner, making sure no one was meddling this time. "Alright, so I think we need to talk about what's been happening between us, 'cause I don't want to have one of those episodes every day."
"Okay," replied Kytes, unsure of how talking would fix anything after the incident.
Sid took a breath: he needed to keep his cool so he could say this. Wait... What did he have to say? He couldn't remember. He grunted, swearing "-I knew what I wanted to say to you, and now I can't seem to put it into words. Look, here's the issue: when I was on the street, I picked up a habit of beating up everyone I didn't like. Obviously that's not gonna work here, so we need to come to some solution. You get what I'm saying?"
Huh, least I know I'm not special. "Yeah..."
"Good. Now, I can't actually remember anything that happened between us, only that I was angry at you after our first meeting, and it kept going after that, so as far as I'm concerned, none of this even happened. So." He held out a paw, "For now, let's forget about all this stuff between us so far, and from now on, let's try not to get into stuff like this. Alright? Is that adeal?"
Kytes took Sid's paw and shook it. "Deal. We should get back to the party, as friends, maybe?"
Sid scoffed, "I dunno about friends: it takes alot to be my 'friend', but certainly not as enemies... As for the party, they're gonna have to pack it up in a second, it's about to rain..." he gestured up at the clouds, which hadn't really changed in the past hour.
Kytes looked up at the clouds, "It's been cloudy for a while now, are you sure about the rain?"

Sid's tone became casual now, "Yeah, it does that sometimes. See, back when I became a stray, I had to worry about rain alot more, because I could get sick and die if I got rained on, so I learned how to sense it. See, the clouds tell you a bit about the rain, but there's also a change in air-pressure which messes with the little air-pockets behind your whiskers, and that tells you when it's coming down. It's been falling since we came back here, and should reach the ground any second now. Oh, there." as if in response, a light mist began to fall on them.
Kytes looked at Sid, puzzled. I didn't even know that. And I went to school! "How'd you know it'd get here now?"
Sid tilted his head, "I just told you, we've got pockets behind our whiskers that we can use for smelling things, I don't know what they're called or anything, I just know how to use them. You learn alot of this stuff when the humans are trying to kill you instead of take care of you all the time." (( Jacobson's Organ ))
Kytes looked back down at Sid. "Oh," he thought for a second. "They were really trying to kill you? Why?"
Sid sighed, "Not exactly. See, AC just hunts down strays to take them back to the shelter or the human owners they ran away from. For three-timers like me though, going back to the shelter meant that the humans would kill us, so for me, it really was life and death." he held up three fingers to accent his statement.
"Three-timers?"
Sid tilted his head again, "Yeah, the family I ran away from was the third family I'd been to, so when they didn't want me, the shelter could legally put me down instead of trying to find me another family. Don't you know about this stuff?"
"Not really," Kytes replied. "I'd imagine most other pets don't either. Most of us haven't had to worry about it."
Sid sighed, looking up at the clouds, water sprinkling on his thick sunglasses. "Well now you know, welcome to my-" he swore, "Life. You know what the worst part is? The night I ran away from the last home, I'd left because I'd heard them saying they were going to send me back to the shelter. They knew about it, but you know what they said? They said I'd be better off dead. You still feelin' unlucky to be on the other end of that beating back there?"

Kytes thought for a while. I guess I am lucky after all. I can only remember living with Mom and Dad. I wonder how many other pets are like Sid, living most of their life on the streets. He looked back up at Sid, "I can't believe somebody would do that.""
Sid looked at him: he didn't know that he was crying again. "Well guess what kid: life-" he could've said "sucks", but he decided to give a much more creative description, "Everyone you look to for love could turn their back on you at any second. You said you wanted to be friends? The people I call friends are the people I'd risk my life for, and expect the same in return, the people who I'd cry for when AC caught them in a crackdown, people like One Ear. That's who gave me that ball of yarn, right before he told me to run. He died alone in the street that night, that's why I couldn't let the way you ran off with it down." He looked away, "Rich pets like you can't understand what the real world is like. I bet you've never had to starve because the businesses on a city-block decided to throw poison on their garbage so they wouldn't have to see you alive again. You've never had to play with someone, to fall in love with someone, only to hear that AC dragged 'em off the next day...."
Kytes just stood there, shocked. "I don't remember anything like that when we lived in the penthouse. Then again, I didn't know anyone except who Mom and Dad brought over.
Sid sighed, looking back at Kytes: he didn't seem so bad now that he was talking to him, other than being rich. The rain was starting to pick up more, and was starting to blend with the tears now. He didn't care. He walked over to Kytes and put a paw on his shoulder, sighing, "Look, I'm a little new to this whole 'pet' thing. The truth is, I never really had any friends the last time I was a pet, and it was hard to make friends on the streets too before I got the glasses. Maybe I'll go ahead and be your 'friend', if we can use the term as loosely as you do... Alright?"
Kytes smiled. "I don't see why not."

Sid gave a half smile and put an arm over Kytes' shoulder. "Alright, I guess this is better than what I was gonna do if you'd said no." he chuckled.
"Heh, I'm not very interested in finding out, either."
Sid sighed, "Yeah. Speaking of that, you know who that dog that tried to pull me off was? I gotta apologize for decking him like that. Good thing I didn't hurt 'im..."
"No, sorry, but I think I saw him at the party," Kytes told Sid, rubbing the back of his head.
"Yeah," Sid nodded, "I think this is his house..." he looked at the rain, which had picked up and was now becoming a downpour. He started towards the back door, "C'mon, let's get inside. This storm's gonna keep getting worse..."
Kytes followed Sid to the back door. "You go ahead on in, I'll catch up." He turned to look at the near empty backyard, leaning against the wall next to the door with his arms crossed. He looked at the palm of his paw, which had four little holes in it. "I need the rain for a second."
Sid looked over at Kytes, "Alright then." He turned to move inside, but stopped. He turned to Kytes, taking a step towards him, "You want another wash-up to get rain-washed with?"
Kytes looked over at Sid, confused. "What?"
Sid sighed, shaking the witty comment off, "You want me to stand out here with you, or do ya wanna be alone? Yes or no?"
Kytes sighed and looked back at his paw, "Only if you want to."

------------ Right about then ----------------
Rikki looked down at himself, "Uh oh... looks like we'll just have to take a shower. I'll show you what that is when we get inside..." He went in through the back door, instantly slowing so he could move softly to the bathroom, which he started sniffing out.

Sid started walking over, "Alright- OOPS!" he dodged the two mud-soaked animals as they scurried by him. "Looks like someone else was enjoying the rain..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank edged away.

"NO GLOMPING," he stated severely, opting to stay on guard rather then have a repeat of the rather... traumatic experience.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin hugged back before following Taku into the hall, looking both ways. He stopped when he heard sounds, following it to a closed door. "Taku I hear something!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:Darin hugged back before following Taku into the hall, looking both ways. He stopped when he heard sounds, following it to a closed door. "Taku I hear something!"
Taku had heard it too: they were back. He opened the door to the back office, walking in. Jack and Roger were both slouching over in their chairs at their desks, an interesting contrast between the large, powerful figure of Jack, and the young, weaselly form of Roger. They both looked up as the door opened.
Jack sat up in his seat, "Hey, Taku, should you really be walking around like that?"
Taku gave a big shrug: he would rather sleep, but that wasn't happening now was it?
Roger peered over at the two, "Hey, what's up with Rikki's nose? And who's Taku? That pup he found?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin ran to Jack, completely ignoring Roger, glomping his leg. "You're not in the tiny thing anymore!" He rubbed his cheek against his leg, tail wagging happily.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:Darin ran to Jack, completely ignoring Roger, glomping his leg. "You're not in the tiny thing anymore!" He rubbed his cheek against his leg, tail wagging happily.
Jack looked down at Darin, picking the radio off the desk. "You mean this thing? No, we weren't stuck in here, we were on the other end of it. We were talking through our own."
Robert looked over, "So wait, it was Rikki and Taku making all that beeping? I thought you said Rikki'd gone out..."
Taku walked in a little further before sitting on his haunches on the floor with a constricted sigh.

(( Update on the party for clarification: ))
Jacob and Enya are on the couch.
Shep and Joy are with Felix... I don't know what else...
Rikki and Pifer are moving towards the house's bathroom from the back.
Frank, Ian, and Matt are in the back-door-area, Terry standing over them.
Sid and Kytes are standing just outside.
Trinket, Zeke, and now Sam are in the basement.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin stood on his tippy-toes to get closer to the device, sniffing the air around it. "So...you talk from far away?" Darin was in his own little world trying to understand what Jack was saying, slowly understanding.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack laughed, "Yeah, it's a walkie-talkie. We use it to talk over distances. This one belongs to Rikki: it clips onto his collar. That button you pressed makes it send out a beep."
Roger scoffed, going back to his paperwork.
Jack looked over at Taku, who sat there, staring with bloodshot eyes. "Hey, Taku, let me call Melinda for you. She's just doing some rounds to look for alcohol at the campsites right now, but you probably need her more."
Taku nodded as he sat there, wanting to yawn, but only capable of another constricted sigh. Yeah, maybe she'll finally take this stupid strap off my muzzle now...
Jack picked up the phone and pressed some buttons, which booped as he hit them, then pressed the speaker button, setting it down. The phone gave a ringing tone.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin looked at the phone, "Is that a walkie-talkie too? He had remembered Matt using the phone before and talking into it, He must've used the walkie talkie to talk to Mr.Raccoon from far away!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Felix looked up from where he was sitting out into the pouring rain. He got up from the porch and walked out into the storm of water, not caring that the mud was getting his feet dirty.
He looked back at the house, with its lights on. He knew he wasn't welcome there. He sat down on the curb by the road, rain dripping from his soaked fur.

Joy turned around toward Shep. "hey wait a minute, isn't Felix still outside?"
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack laughed, "Well, this one's called a 'Phone', because it works differently. Melinda forgot to turn her walkie-talkie back on after her break, so we have to call her on a phone, which means she has to pick hers up."
The ringtone ceased, and Melinda's voice came over it, "Melinda Walker?"
Jack spoke into the phone, "Hey, Melinda, you forgot to turn your radio back on. Taku and Darin woke up in here and they're in the office with us, you headin' back yet?"
"Oh, yeah, I just finished checking the last campsite. I should be back in a few minutes..."
"Alright, see you soon!" Jack hung up the phone by putting the handset back. "Well, she's driving back now, so let's just wait for her." He picked up the pup and sat him in his lap, petting him as he finished copying notes into the computer.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin leaned into Jack's petting, his tail wagging back and forth while he watched him mess with the computer.