25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by Sleet »

Yes it's possible to be a furry from childhood though that can really only be said in retrospect. When people are still little, it's too hard to tell being a furry from being just a normal kid.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

So many foxes now... We need to start organizing skulks. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm thorougly dissapointed that Argent hasn't shown up with a link to a study on fox appeal on people yet.

I know people are born with different mental qualities that may surface latter and influence their tastes and behavour, but between that and saying that someone is born a furry seems rather far-fetched.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

The Blue Fox wrote:
TinFoilHats wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:Then there's Tom and Jerry and the Looney Tunes...though they're more classed as anthromorphs in my definition of what makes a furry a furry.
Not to mention that Tom and Jerry were the first ones to have cartoon violence down to a science :D .
Hell yeah they did...the original Tom and Jerry were awesome...
...But then when they re-introduced them in Tom And Jerry Tales...
...the formula is still there but I think they mixed it wrong somehow coz it just isn't the same...
...I don't know what they're doing wrong but they're definitely doing something wrong...
...maybe it's the way they're animating it...I've definitely noticed quite a few "off" animation querks in the modern series.
All it is is that they are simply trying too hard, i watched the robot one on youtube and then never watched T&JT again, though I still watch T&J.
But what about The Looney Tunes Show reboot? it's the same type of thing, the only thing is that it's not as bad for sum reason, ( I've watched only 3 episodes, but still more than T&JT, and I always loved T&J more [though I LOVED em both])

It's a mix of the animation and the music for me, that's what's wrong...

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Sleet wrote:Yes it's possible to be a furry from childhood though that can really only be said in retrospect. When people are still little, it's too hard to tell being a furry from being just a normal kid.
Yeah...when you're a kid, you have no idea over whether you may become furry or not, do ya? All ya do is run around and play hide and seek and duck-duck-goose with all the other kids...and those other kids themselves could turn into furries or furry haters...there's no telling what could happen...your full personality hasn't had time to develop yet.
RatHead wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote: Hell yeah they did...the original Tom and Jerry were awesome...
...But then when they re-introduced them in Tom And Jerry Tales...
...the formula is still there but I think they mixed it wrong somehow coz it just isn't the same...
...I don't know what they're doing wrong but they're definitely doing something wrong...
...maybe it's the way they're animating it...I've definitely noticed quite a few "off" animation querks in the modern series.
All it is is that they are simply trying too hard, i watched the robot one on youtube and then never watched T&JT again, though I still watch T&J.
But what about The Looney Tunes Show reboot? it's the same type of thing, the only thing is that it's not as bad for sum reason, ( I've watched only 3 episodes, but still more than T&JT, and I always loved T&J more [though I LOVED em both])

It's a mix of the animation and the music for me, that's what's wrong...
The Looney Tunes reboot is...interesting...putting them in more of a domestic life setting is quite a radical re-think of their world and very different from the more countryside-y settings we've had in the original.
Those song shorts they've added, though...urgh...*facepaw*...couldn't find a more ugly example of supposed "music" if I tried. >m<
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's not really a matter of your personality not being fully developed; being a furry is a fandom, not a deep-seeded personal identity. The biggest identifying things about being a furry are not unusual at all when you're little, so it's hard to tell being a furry from just being a kid.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Furry is indeed a fandom, not a lifestyle, nor should it be.
Nostson

Post by Nostson »

How would being a furry work in the Housepets! world? Since there are already cute fuzzy animals walking and talking about, would it be a case of "I was born in the wrong body" or something else?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's something else entirely.

Animals in the Housepets! world are not identical to humans, so there's still a concept of attributing animal characteristics to humans and vice-versa. So there could still be furries.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Housepets! animals are smaller than humans for the most part, so furries would probably draw them bigger and wearing clothes, maybe give them human feet instead of their paws
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

The Blue Fox wrote:
Sleet wrote:Yes it's possible to be a furry from childhood though that can really only be said in retrospect. When people are still little, it's too hard to tell being a furry from being just a normal kid.
Yeah...when you're a kid, you have no idea over whether you may become furry or not, do ya? All ya do is run around and play hide and seek and duck-duck-goose with all the other kids...and those other kids themselves could turn into furries or furry haters...there's no telling what could happen...your full personality hasn't had time to develop yet.
Sleet wrote:It's not really a matter of your personality not being fully developed; being a furry is a fandom, not a deep-seeded personal identity. The biggest identifying things about being a furry are not unusual at all when you're little, so it's hard to tell being a furry from just being a kid.
Foxstar wrote:Furry is indeed a fandom, not a lifestyle, nor should it be.
I dunno...a lot of furries "identify" themselves as their fursona...that sounds like more than just a fandom to me.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

matthew Wolf wrote:It is possible to be a furry since your childhood like i would for some reason gravitationaly pull towards furry cartoons and games like when I was little starfox and crash bandicoot and furry cartoons like the newer thundercats and tom and jerry to and im not sure if this would count as a fursuit but i also loved pokemon ... and every year until i was probably 6 i would dress in a very detailed pikachu costume with a tail and everything and i was LITERALLY obsessed over pokemon then starfox ... then thundercats but i realized all those things had furrys or anthro animals in them and i was obsessed with lucario for awhile to but ya i think you can in a way be born a furry? :p
Oh, god, Crash Bandicoot, Yeah! I still have Crash Bandicoot 1 + 2 for the PS1...which I can still play on the PS2 I still have.
But I don't know about being gravitationally pulled towards furry cartoons and games...
I missed all of the Starfox games somehow, for a start. Haven't played a single one as far as I know...been meaning to hunt 'em down so I can check 'em off my list.
As for fursuiting...I've only ever fursuited once...dressing up as Jess the cat from Postman Pat of all characters XD (coz I just loved that cute little furball at the time...he was the reason I watched the show, I think)
This was back when I was in primary school...not sure how old I was...but I think it was for an in-school fancy dress party they were doing just for fun...I don't really remember much about that day at all, really...only running around the school playground and finding that my tail kept falling off. XD
But yeah I can buy people being "born" a furry...kinda like how homosexuals are "born" homosexual and that. No-one can really tell ya why...it just is. *nods*
Oh, and Lucario is my favourite Poke'mon coz he's awesome and blue and looks sorta like a bi-pedal fox. :3 Closely followed by Vulpix/Ninetails, then Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox, then Zoroa. Yup, all the fox Poke'mon pretty much make up the bulk of the business end of my top favourite poke'mon list.
As for Thundercats, I totally missed the original series and have only seen bits + peices of the re-boot on Cartoon Network.
[/quote]
wowzers :3 i got crash banidicoot game salong with my original thik ps1 and i got all the starfox games on every console n64 gamecube snes ds 3ds :P im a classicla video gmae colecter
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

*highfives and gives some power*
The fox pokemon are all awesome, and Lucario. :D
Well if I could be a nine tailed fox I sure as heck would, but that won't stop me from learning from animals. I wouldn't really say I'm obsessed with the fandom, I just noticed one day that its everywhere and learned to appreciate it more.
:lol:
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

matthew Wolf wrote:wowzers :3
Inspector Gadget quote for the WIN!

HP! Messenger
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

RatHead wrote:
.-' he says that? XD i just say all the time
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Yep it went like this:

"Wowzers!" *hat spins*
can't find it tho...

HP! Messenger
Nostson

Post by Nostson »

RatHead wrote:Yep it went like this:

"Wowzers!" *hat spins*
can't find it tho...
Literally took me about 10 second to find it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7kQDne2Ns#t=15
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

RatHead wrote:
Dude, I love that show. :3
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Nostson wrote:
RatHead wrote:Yep it went like this:

"Wowzers!" *hat spins*
can't find it tho...
Literally took me about 10 second to find it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7kQDne2Ns#t=15
Yeah but in the movie version his hat spins at the same time :)
TinFoilHats wrote:Dude, I love that show. :3
Never got a chance to watch the show :( , but i watched the movies! :P

HP! Messenger
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

RatHead wrote:
I can totally hear his voice saying it. XD And Gadget Boy, too, saying "Wowsers Bowsers" XD
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

The Blue Fox wrote:I can totally hear his voice saying it. XD And Gadget Boy, too, saying "Wowsers Bowsers" XD
Gadget Boy is dead to me >:I
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

TinFoilHats wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:I can totally hear his voice saying it. XD And Gadget Boy, too, saying "Wowsers Bowsers" XD
Gadget Boy is dead to me >:I
Okay, yeah, Gadget Boy sucks, but still... X3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Okay guys, topic!
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

today i found a youtube video from national geographic channel and it was about furrys im glad they discribed it as people who express there animal side and thay didnt say anything about it being bad and thay also said that 80 percent of furrys believe thay are part animal themselves
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

matthew Wolf wrote:today i found a youtube video from national geographic channel and it was about furrys im glad they discribed it as people who express there animal side and thay didnt say anything about it being bad and thay also said that 80 percent of furrys believe thay are part animal themselves
I actually think I'm part animal too.
It sounds silly, but every time someone gives me a back massage, my leg starts twitching, my tongue sticks out and I make this weird sound.
It's probably just a weird habit, but seriously... I get stared at every time it happens.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

matthew Wolf wrote:today i found a youtube video from national geographic channel and it was about furrys im glad they discribed it as people who express there animal side and thay didnt say anything about it being bad and thay also said that 80 percent of furrys believe thay are part animal themselves
I don't think it's very accurate since Therians are a minority in the fandom(or am I wrong?). I mean, I'm a furry yet I fully acknowledge the fact that I'm human(plus I wouldn't like turning into an animal because then you'd lose your opposable thumbs). Again, I'm not other people so I don't know. :I
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I also feel I should call the accuracy of that "80 percent of furries" statement into question.
Specifically, who exactly did they ask?
Like Tinfoil, I also acknowledge myself as human...and I don't think I'd like to lose opposable thumbs either.
Most furries prefer to depict themselves with human hands...myself included.
I sometimes describe myself as a blue fox trapped in the physical form of a human.
I think this is a more accurate statement for most furries, they see themselves as an animal born with the physical appearance of a human.
Amirite?

Also I like how you mentioned therians, there, coz I'm actually in a PM conversation with a female furry who calls herself a therian wolf in another forum...and I've never ever heard of therian furries before that. Quite the co-inkidink, don't you think?
Last edited by The Blue Fox on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I like the way humans now deny their own existence as animals... I find it very amusing. :lol:
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

TinFoilHats wrote:
I don't think it's very accurate since Therians are a minority in the fandom(or am I wrong?). I mean, I'm a furry yet I fully acknowledge the fact that I'm human(plus I wouldn't like turning into an animal because then you'd lose your opposable thumbs). Again, I'm not other people so I don't know. :I
actually i think i heard thats what part of the fandom was when it started i think i am somewhat part canine if i hear something in the distance my ear wil even twicht i looked up on what theriens are and i pretty much fit that discription XD i have most of the characteristics one of them was like i said before was walking on the tip of your feet like a wolf or a dog would .... i dont any of us are COMPLETELY human XD and i dont know why but if im in a good mood to kick my foot
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Having mannerisms that are similar to animals does not make you less of a human. We are all literally 100% human. That's science.

This is a topic that we really don't need to go down, guys.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Man, EFF your science, man. :P

Why would this topic be going down? Owo
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Let's just change the subject guys before we get the Ban Hammer.

Anyway, what is it about the animal your sona derives from that you find appealing(and don't say something like "because their cute" because that's too obvious.).
Bamboo

Post by Bamboo »

just wanna say, that I am a furry, a balitiger with blue stripes :3
"my hunk sense is tingling"
"that's spider-man's power actually"
wait, what?
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Bamboo wrote:just wanna say, that I am a furry, a balitiger with blue stripes :3
that sounds pretty neat :3
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:I like the way humans now deny their own existence as animals... I find it very amusing. :lol:
That's a mere nomenclature made by biologists and anthropologists, and there are great differences between man and beast that go beyond mere physiology.
Also, Why are you speaking of humans in the third person?
TinFoilHats wrote:Let's just change the subject guys before we get the Ban Hammer.
Ban acorn!
Bamboo wrote:just wanna say, that I am a furry, a balitiger with blue stripes :3
What's with all these animals with multi-coloured hair and fur I keep finding in the fandom? Most prominently been all green or rainbow-like.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Silly Zealot wrote:
What's with all these animals with multi-coloured hair and fur I keep finding in the fandom? Most prominently been all green or rainbow-like.
That's actually a pretty common thing... for some reason. Well, many furries try to be creative and "stand-out" more. Hence why there are a lot of hybrid and multi-colored furries. I still don't understand why though...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I just used the two colors I prefer, Otherwise I would have just been Great Kitsune. It was a distinction thing but if we all looked the same there wouldnt be much point would there? :lol:
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Yes. But it's now strictly a hobby. I used to be all like "ermagerd im a wolf in a hooman's body" when I started out in the fandom, but then I realised how pathetic that sounded. All newbies tend to start off waaaaaay over the top.

As for my 'sona, it's developed massively over the years (and was originally created on these very forums), but blue is my favourite colour. And wings. Because wings.

<offtopic>Kyuubi, you live dangerously close to where I used to live.</offtopic>
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Well the chances of me going there are low, unless theres a decent Uni or college there? :lol:
My characters coloration is just down to preferance and distinction to the comics character, my character itself is not anything grand, just a reflection of my character. :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey I was a pretty mellow furry when I started out!