HPU: Richardson Valley OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: PF: Richardson Valley OOC

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Did taking the Drama out of the RP, kill off the RP??

Why is no one posting... anything?
Been real busy with life recently.

I'll post today, since it's been a while. I got this idea...

And by idea, I mean spur of the moment guest character. Whoo!

*Starts working on post*

I can think of lots of things Venison could do at animal control..

Sneak up to the third level, an go looking for the cat he beat up..

Sneak into a computer room, an look up pet records. who knows what dirt pets have in there records.. :P

An at some point some one is going to ask him what class he should be in! O.o

EDIT...
OoOooh Lobotomy! that was an unexpected direction to go with that blue cat...

I was thinking along the lines of neutered an declawed, if he wasn't just put down.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Yeah, I decided to give that cat a second shot at life, more or less. He really doesn't remember anything from his past at all.

I'm looking forward to playing this. It's really hard to salvage a character who at one point crossed the moral event horizon...and I look forward to see what I can do with another character.

...Ochen's a Guest character, BTW. The other main slot is saved for...another character which might show up somewhere down the line. Eventually. Muhaha.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Yeah, I decided to give that cat a second shot at life, more or less. He really doesn't remember anything from his past at all.

I'm looking forward to playing this. It's really hard to salvage a character who at one point crossed the moral event horizon...

Personallity: Ochen was once a very violent, somewhat bloodthirsty berserker and torturer in Grif's feral pack...until the time he was caught clawing Magnus, which greatly angered Venison, who then proceeded to kick Ochen straight into a tree, causing him to get captured by animal control. During the animal control raid, he challenged Venison to a fight, where Venison knocked him out hard enough to cause amnesia. Ochen forgot nearly everything, including who his family was, or why he even left them, or what he had been doing for the past couple of years. Not having any memory of who he was, or what he was doing, his personality reverted back to the last point he could remember...essentially giving him a second shot at a regular life.

So it was a blow on the head by Venison that caused his memory loss, an not a Lobotomy operation performed by the animal control??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:
Buckdida wrote:Yeah, I decided to give that cat a second shot at life, more or less. He really doesn't remember anything from his past at all.

I'm looking forward to playing this. It's really hard to salvage a character who at one point crossed the moral event horizon...

Personallity: Ochen was once a very violent, somewhat bloodthirsty berserker and torturer in Grif's feral pack...until the time he was caught clawing Magnus, which greatly angered Venison, who then proceeded to kick Ochen straight into a tree, causing him to get captured by animal control. During the animal control raid, he challenged Venison to a fight, where Venison knocked him out hard enough to cause amnesia. Ochen forgot nearly everything, including who his family was, or why he even left them, or what he had been doing for the past couple of years. Not having any memory of who he was, or what he was doing, his personality reverted back to the last point he could remember...essentially giving him a second shot at a regular life.

So it was a blow on the head by Venison that caused his memory loss, an not a Lobotomy operation performed by the animal control??
Yup. Recall the animal control break in wrap up post I made. Ven fought Ochen as everyone was leaving, and Ven body-slammed Ochen's feet, causing him to slip and whack his head. So, amnesia.

Lobotomy? Com'on, AC isn't evil anymore. XD
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: Lobotomy? Com'on, AC isn't evil anymore. XD

MuuHhaaaaa! Oh Hmmm yes.. <_< >_>....

This helps me actually..
It put me in a difficult place with Christopher if it was an operation.
An why would AC go to all the trouble for a stray..
Why would he sign off on an operation that has only an 30% or less, chance of success..
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Keeshah wrote:
Buckdida wrote: Lobotomy? Com'on, AC isn't evil anymore. XD

MuuHhaaaaa! Oh Hmmm yes.. <_< >_>....

This helps me actually..
It put me in a difficult place with Christopher if it was an operation.
An why would AC go to all the trouble for a stray..
Why would he sign off on an operation that has only an 30% or less, chance of success..
This whole RP is going to turn into a mind screw at some point (which is, you know, funny, because it's an RP, and everyone is contributing their own section of the story)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Keeshah, I think you're getting too close to real life with the whole wolves thing. Especially since we saw the wolves in Housepets, they were NOTHING like that. Maybe they were an exception but it seems too close to actual animal behavior. Not to mention having been a member of the International Wolf Center I have never seen that kind of behavior. I've seen adult wolves roll cubs over and nip the back of their neck, but never like what you described.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Kalvin wrote:Keeshah, I think you're getting too close to real life with the whole wolves thing. Especially since we saw the wolves in Housepets, they were NOTHING like that. Maybe they were an exception but it seems too close to actual animal behavior. Not to mention having been a member of the International Wolf Center I have never seen that kind of behavior. I've seen adult wolves roll cubs over and nip the back of their neck, but never like what you described.
Maybe AC is still evil and lies about wolves' disciplinary tactics for the sake of their evil agenda. >.>
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Attention All!
The Main OOC has been amended to include the rules proposed...and then some! Re-read the entire OOC again when you have time, and let me know if there are any inaccuracies for things such as the current neighborhood GM's or the descriptions! Thank you, and enjoy your newfound ability to stretch the limitations of your neighborhood!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints about the changes (though I will not change the "RP Rules" section in the interest of ensuring nobody breaks any forum rules or angers any other players) then go ahead and post them here.

I'll be posting a similar notice in each of the other OOC's to ensure that everyone sees this. I will delete said notices later.

And on a more personal note, I, uh, added a tag to our neighborhood description to be "Invite Only" from now on. I feel that we should do that, given how some of our players fear the overpopulation thing. If not everyone is okay with that, then I can very easily remove said tag! Just say so.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

As for you guys... I'm just saying I'm going to actively get Octavian out within the next post (maybe two) out of the RP for the day and then be fully gone.

also for the people who didn't read this yet

what what? Jolly good time.
caelei

Post by caelei »

btw caelei. I recently realized you have Magnus at Intelligence 3. Based on the way you've been playing him that makes it hard for me to roleplay Intelligence 2. I don't mean to start trouble or anything but it seems like it should be lowered to me. Thank you for not killing me with sticks.
You know, I agree with Kalvin on this one. If Magnus is intelligence 3, then intelligence 2 would really really be hard to roleplay, since, well, Magnus is already too stupid. I believe that you should change it to INT 2, and add the one point to something else, caelei.
Okay. First off, sorry about not replying for so long to this. Second, I'll change it. But honestly, I was thinking Magnus was getting a little too smart, myself. If you compare Magnus now to Magnus at the beginning of my involvement in the RP, there's a big difference, I think. He was wayyyy worse, then. But I'll change it. ^^'

EDIT: It has been done!
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks :). Not that it'll influence much, but considering how... slow Magnus is, it would be very hard to RP intelligence 2.

(By the way, you should change it in your sig, too)
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

caelei

Post by caelei »

Alex wrote:Thanks :). Not that it'll influence much, but considering how... slow Magnus is, it would be very hard to RP intelligence 2.

(By the way, you should change it in your sig, too)
Oh yes, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. :D
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Kaido, you should reply to Natalia. If you want, you can say that Alex just looked away from her, not wanting to talk.
Richarson Valley

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

WARNING:
PREPARE FOR EXPLOSION. SOURCE IS OLD DOG WHO DOESN'T WANT TO FEEL OLD. EXPLOSION WILL COME IN FORM OF:
-HARSH WORDS
-GROWLING
-ISOLATION

EXPLOSION COULD CAUSE:
-HURT FEELINGS
-CONCERN
-UNCERTAINTY ON HOW TO REACT

:P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Guys, me and Caelei are going on vacation tomorrow, and we might not have access to the internet, so just a heads up if we stop posting. We'll be gone two weeks.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
caelei

Post by caelei »

ArgentFlame wrote:Guys, me and Caelei are going on vacation tomorrow, and we might not have access to the internet, so just a heads up if we stop posting. We'll be gone two weeks.
Unfortunately, it's true. Though I promise we'll try our best to find internet somewhere... or possibly try our best to steal it from unsuspecting neighbors...
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Awww :(. That sucks, really. I hope you find internet somewhere, at least at an internet cafe or somethin'.
Richarson Valley

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Alright, so there is a computer with internet, me and Caelei should be able to get on post at least once a day.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Why is Blood scared of everyone finding out he's a coydog? Does it have to do with ferals in RV being the ebils and not wanting people to assume he's ebils because he's part coyote?

Anyone care to enlighten me? I'm trying to decide if it would be appropriate for a dog of Brian's high intelligence and moderate perception to see Blood and innocently say, "Oh, wow! A for-real coydog! I've always been interested in meeting a breed like you!", not realizing what chaos it's about to cause, or maybe react in a different way.

Has Amelia run into Blood yet? If so, has she recognized him as a coydog? Her INT is equal to Brian's, and her PER is only 1 less than his, so if she doesn't know Blood's a coydog, maybe Brian won't, either. But maybe Brian and Amelia are intelligent in different areas.

Just thinking out loud. . .
caelei

Post by caelei »

@mathgrant:

This is probably unhelpful, but it's probably best that you have Brian act whichever way he would in the situation. Each character is different, so each will respond differently. Just because Amelia would react a certain way about a Coydog, or whatever, doesn't mean that Brian would have the same knowledge of the species that she has, or be affected the same way. So, if Brian would be scared, or interested, (or maybe both) of a Coydog... well, that's the way to have him react.

P.S. Buck's character, Venison, is also a Coydog, and, just for reference, no character in the RP has ever really expressed fear at seeing/meeting him, so... just keep that in mind, if you wish. Hope that was helpful. ^^
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:@mathgrant:

This is probably unhelpful, but it's probably best that you have Brian act whichever way he would in the situation. Each character is different, so each will respond differently. Just because Amelia would react a certain way about a Coydog, or whatever, doesn't mean that Brian would have the same knowledge of the species that she has, or be affected the same way. So, if Brian would be scared, or interested, (or maybe both) of a Coydog... well, that's the way to have him react.

P.S. Buck's character, Venison, is also a Coydog, and, just for reference, no character in the RP has ever really expressed fear at seeing/meeting him, so... just keep that in mind, if you wish. Hope that was helpful. ^^
Well, his mix is far less feral-ish, and odd, to say in the least. He's a coydog, but most wouldn't guess, and I don't think (or if they did, I can't remember) anyone has asked of Ven's breed, or if he's told anyone. Heck, I don't think any of the characters have ever asked each other's age.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Hrmm.

I know his picture by Kyderra doesn't look terribly coyote-ish, compared so some coydog photos I've found, but Blood's character sheet suggests he looks like a coydog. *shrugs* I certainly don't want to have Brian think Blood's a coydog if he bears as much of a resemblance to a coydog as a grey cat does. :P I dunno, thinking out loud still, but yeah. ^_^;
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Cealei, post when you get a chance, then I'll post for Ochen and Ven. I think Ven might get a little condescending with this lesson... XD
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Sorry I should have been the one to answer these questions earlier...Guess they kind of slipped by me.
Why is Blood scared of everyone finding out he's a coydog? Does it have to do with ferals in RV being the ebils and not wanting people to assume he's ebils because he's part coyote?
*ahem*

I base his fear off what I’ve seen in real life, (oddly enough). Most domestic dogs I’ve observed seem to be wary or just outright aggressive towards coyotes or hybrid look-alikes, it’s probably instinctual. In the housepets setting however, it can just be considered some type of prejudice against a stereotype, similar to Vens first impression on Pavelle. Heck, if I remember correctly, when Venison was talking to Rav, he explained that most pets (or people) tend to ‘freak out’ when they find out he’s part coyote. Correct me if I’m wrong about that.
I know his picture by Kyderra doesn't look terribly coyote-ish, compared so some coydog photos I've found, but Blood's character sheet suggests he looks like a coydog. *shrugs* I certainly don't want to have Brian think Blood's a coydog if he bears as much of a resemblance to a coydog as a grey cat does. I dunno, thinking out loud still, but yeah. ^_^;
If you people need me to simplify even more- Blood is basically a coyote-colored German shepherd with combed down guard hairs. Or in the eyes or more paranoid people, a BIG aggressive looking coyot.

Hope that clears things up
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Forgive me for not knowing much about coydogs or how dogs tend to act around them -- I've never seen a coydog in real life. That being said, maybe Brian trusts Blood because he's a pet with a collar, so maybe he's not as likely to be the kind of coydog who'd eat him. Or maybe someone with Brian's intelligence would be more cautious around coydogs, not necessarily running away from Blood, but not running up to him and giving him this interview, either.
D-Singer wrote:
I know his picture by Kyderra doesn't look terribly coyote-ish, compared so some coydog photos I've found, but Blood's character sheet suggests he looks like a coydog. *shrugs* I certainly don't want to have Brian think Blood's a coydog if he bears as much of a resemblance to a coydog as a grey cat does. I dunno, thinking out loud still, but yeah. ^_^;
If you people need me to simplify even more- Blood is basically a coyote-colored German shepherd with combed down guard hairs. Or in the eyes or more paranoid people, a BIG aggressive looking coyot.
Hey, I'm not asking you to simplify your character just because people like me have questions about it. I could make my character simpler by making his stats all 6's and making him not be into boring dorky or intelligent things, but that wouldn't be as fun. :)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Forgive me for not knowing much about coydogs or how dogs tend to act around them -- I've never seen a coydog in real life. That being said, maybe Brian trusts Blood because he's a pet with a collar, so maybe he's not as likely to be the kind of coydog who'd eat him. Or maybe someone with Brian's intelligence would be more cautious around coydogs, not necessarily running away from Blood, but not running up to him and giving him this interview, either.
No need to apologize, I was only explaining his thoughts. Nothing else. I would actually be extremely surprised if anyone else here knew anything about coydog behavior.
Hey, I'm not asking you to simplify your character just because people like me have questions about it. I could make my character simpler by making his stats all 6's and making him not be into boring dorky or intelligent things, but that wouldn't be as fun.
I was only referring to his appearance. :?
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

D-Singer wrote:
Hey, I'm not asking you to simplify your character just because people like me have questions about it. I could make my character simpler by making his stats all 6's and making him not be into boring dorky or intelligent things, but that wouldn't be as fun.
I was only referring to his appearance. :?
Okie-dokie. That was a misunderstanding on my part -- thanks for clarifying!

If Blood doesn't resemble a coyote enough that Brian might instantly think he looks like a coydog, I'll probably edit my post. But since people mistake him for a coyote and avoid him, I'll guess this isn't the case!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

LAXAN STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A TOTAL JERK :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

xD Sorry. But Sal' tends to overreact.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Alex

Post by Alex »

Teh Brawler wrote:LAXAN STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A TOTAL JERK :lol:
Sal' was just trying to help. He could have at least say ">>Thanks<<, but I don't need any help" instead of going crazy like a jerk! And he made the poor dog cry because she tried to help!
Richarson Valley

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Alex wrote:
Sal' was just trying to help. He could have at least say ">>Thanks<<, but I don't need any help" instead of going crazy like a jerk! And he made the poor dog cry because she tried to help!
But O'Connor IS a total jerk! :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yes, and you created him, and he's being a jerk to the pets/strays we created. It's as if you were a jerk to us. Check mate :P.
Richarson Valley

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Alex wrote:
But O'Connor IS a total jerk! :P

Why do i have this vision of O'Connor running around wildly, an swinging his arms in the air.
While Tory, clings to his ears, pecking on his head like a woodpecker!???
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Alex wrote:Yes, and you created him, and he's being a jerk to the pets/strays we created. It's as if you were a jerk to us. Check mate :P.
I actually don't agree with that. If O'Connor is going to be a jerk towards Felix and Sal it should have no affect to the Rpers of the character since it is only an action of the created character and not the rper themselves.
Keeshah wrote: Why do i have this vision of O'Connor running around wildly, an swinging his arms in the air.
While Tory, clings to his ears, pecking on his head like a woodpecker!???
I have the same vision. xD
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
caelei

Post by caelei »

I actually don't agree with that. If O'Connor is going to be a jerk towards Felix and Sal it should have no affect to the Rpers of the character since it is only an action of the created character and not the rper themselves.
Eh, Felix doesn't mind. He likes hanging out with jerks. He thinks they're tough. Of course, he also likes trying to out-mean them (or maybe just fight them, instead), so... :D

Magnus is the one who'd get his feelings hurt. ^^
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Laxan wrote:
Alex wrote:Yes, and you created him, and he's being a jerk to the pets/strays we created. It's as if you were a jerk to us. Check mate :P.
Uh... I know. That was just an attempt of a joke, although it's hard to tell over the internet.
Richarson Valley

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:
Eh, Felix doesn't mind. He likes hanging out with jerks. He thinks they're tough. Of course, he also likes trying to out-mean them (or maybe just fight them, instead), so... :D

Magnus is the one who'd get his feelings hurt. ^^

An Magnus is the one who can snap people in half like dry sticks! (O.O)
caelei

Post by caelei »

An Magnus is the one who can snap people in half like dry sticks! (O.O)
Eh. You know that he wouldn't ever do that! At least, not intentionally... :lol:
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

here is my characters, Pyxis on left, Alex center (belongs to Alex) and Amelia to the right.
By jondflores at 2010-07-03

Sorry if it was a bit late.
Make Pasta not war.