2013/11/08 - I Just Love Weddings

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Re: 2013/11/08 - I Just Love Weddings

Post by Haru Totetsu »

So I guess we can all assume that Jata is either an unlike-able character because he's dismissing Sabrina completely, currently gone crazy, or that his homeland of Feraga is sexist against women. So this strip still hasn't helped us define Jata's character fully.

I wonder does this arc mean that Sabrina and Fido are going to be the next couple to get married?
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Haru Totetsu wrote:I wonder does this arc mean that Sabrina and Fido are going to be the next couple to get married?
I doubt it. I don't think we're gonna have another wedding so soon after this failed one :P
Sabrina's not gonna be ready for another marriage for a while right after experiencing this.
But then again I was surprised that this wedding happened so soon after King and Bailey's so yeah...

Humor us Rick. :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Argent

Post by Argent »

EvanAierkan wrote:That is correct. To even have this question just implies Rick didn't overdo it enough. Check any manga for reference, they have panel wide lightnings and explosions to demonstrate character's surprise reaction.
Guess he needs to work on the style, because it doesn't look like lightning or an explosion to me.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

deepskycyan wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote:I wonder does this arc mean that Sabrina and Fido are going to be the next couple to get married?
I doubt it. I don't think we're gonna have another wedding so soon after this failed one :P
Sabrina's not gonna be ready for another marriage for a while right after experiencing this.
But then again I was surprised that this wedding happened so soon after King and Bailey's so yeah...

I agree...I was under the impression that animal weddings were unheard of and everyone was saying "Why the carp would you want to do a stupid human thing like that, King? " Then Jata comes along and acts like animal marriages are an everyday thing, and even being a dog Dutchess seemed oddly dismissive of the second animal wedding ever by dismissively calling it ' a cat wedding' as if animal weddings happen all the time.

I guess I look at it like space shuttle launches....the first few times one happenend, people paid attention to the event, even if they weren't particularly interested in space or science. It wasn't until the tenth or so mission until it became so every day a thing that people would come home, flip on the TV and say 'Oh, another launch cool. What else is on?"
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

deepskycyan wrote:

And even if they did, wouldn't Bino just ruin things for everyone trying to enforce the "We hate cats" rule?
Feel my icy wrath!
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Am I the only one who really likes Jata?
He's such an interesting villain, It's a story's antagonist who gives structure to it
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gamewolf67 wrote:And even if they did, wouldn't Bino just ruin things for everyone trying to enforce the "We hate cats" rule?
Bino would probably try, though it'd be Rick's call if he got far at all.
Satsura wrote:Am I the only one who really likes Jata?
He's such an interesting villain, It's a story's antagonist who gives structure to it
As a character any good antagonist is likeable. It's as a person that most people dislike them.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
deepskycyan wrote:

I agree...I was under the impression that animal weddings were unheard of and everyone was saying "Why the carp would you want to do a stupid human thing like that, King? " Then Jata comes along and acts like animal marriages are an everyday thing, and even being a dog Dutchess seemed oddly dismissive of the second animal wedding ever by dismissively calling it ' a cat wedding' as if animal weddings happen all the time.

I guess I look at it like space shuttle launches....the first few times one happenend, people paid attention to the event, even if they weren't particularly interested in space or science. It wasn't until the tenth or so mission until it became so every day a thing that people would come home, flip on the TV and say 'Oh, another launch cool. What else is on?"
Well, I believe the difference is that everyone was saying pet weddings were silly. In a country where there are only leopards, and the entirety of the political and societal structures are of leopards, presumably animal marriages would not be uncommon in the slightest. ;)
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

I figured they'd just shack up like the wolves :)
Macbeth_Plisskin

Post by Macbeth_Plisskin »

Poncho is my second-favourite wolf now. (First one still beeing Miles).

Also... STATUS UPDATE ON SNOW'S PREGNANCY! It's been 10 months! and you KNOW it! :D
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Macbeth_Plisskin wrote:Also... STATUS UPDATE ON SNOW'S PREGNANCY! It's been 10 months! and you KNOW it! :D
Actually, She's already giving birth. :)
Macbeth_Plisskin

Saturn381 wrote:Actually, She's already giving birth. :)
Did I miss something somewhere? :cry:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Macbeth_Plisskin wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Actually, She's already giving birth. :)
Did I miss something somewhere? :cry:
They appeared during the "The King and I' arc.

1st appearance:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/comics/20 ... -later.png

2nd appearance:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 66quf2.jpg

3rd appearance:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3157_n.png
Last edited by Saturn381 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macbeth_Plisskin

Oh, didn't really notice that it was rodney and snow's kid :D

But now that I see the "colour palette" of the kiddo, yep, Makes sence.

Now I feel stupid :(
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

xhunterko wrote:Honestly though after such an intense arc, I think a silly break is needed.
Maybe another guest week?
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

spyderwolf wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Honestly though after such an intense arc, I think a silly break is needed.
Maybe another guest week?
It's been awhile since there was an Imaginate arc, those are fun, but I trust Rick's judgement, he's gotten things this far very well.
reddywolf

Post by reddywolf »

I love uncle deadeye...totally not giving any ducks (quack) about this whole ordeal... :<

also: ow, poor jack, right in the shoulder...;c that's gotta hurt...
;c Camocat is my BFF/Sistah~<3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France
Flozzy

Post by Flozzy »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/08/18/in-bed/

so totally just realized this while rereading from the begininng ._.