2013/11/08 - I Just Love Weddings

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Re: 2013/11/08 - I Just Love Weddings

Post by TheOne »

Gbr23 wrote:Gotta love the K9 trying to arrest Uncle Deadeye
Are you sure he's trying to arrest Deadeye? Somehow I get the feeling that Deadeye hasn't moved a millimeter (except for breathing) since the epic pose panel. Something else tells me Deadeye has a "sixth sense" (try saying that 5 times fast) and he might rush in to save Sabrina while everyone else is squabbling. (Though having the old sage save the young kitten wouldn't really fit with the storyline it would be interesting to see Deadeye's expression actually change while he chastises everyone for getting away from what's important.)
Xane wrote:I was kind of hoping the whole 'drowning' thing wouldn't come into play just to annoy all the people who have been demanding to see it for the past 3 months. :mrgreen:
But then it would have to come up later...
xhunterko wrote:Honestly though after such an intense arc, I think a silly break is needed.
here you go, just be satisfied.
Stuff. wrote:holy crap

it's actually happening

I am going to die. My heart is going to explode. I don't know why it excites me so much but ... THE ART OF THIS STRIP AND THE REACTION AND EVERYTHING.
Now Renard, it's not that bad, is it?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Zrip

Post by Zrip »

Render wrote:
ryth wrote:I JUST REALIZED, rick might be trolling us, the prediction says she will almost drown, that doesn't mean she actually has to hit the water... just be saved beforehand, so next panel might be fido grabbing her before she hits the water.
Tarot wrote:the "wettest you will ever get", that will be in three years from now when you nearly drown
I assume water is needed to become SO wet!
Although a storm seems to be approaching if the weather in the strip is any indication. It's possible that Sabrina will be saved just before hitting the water and suddenly, BOOM, heavy downpour of rain at the ceremony.

If that's not the case, it's a good excuse to draw Fido jumping into the pool, saving Sabrina, and having a wide panel of "kissing" her back to life— to which we get an exaggerated reaction from the crowd watching the event take place. I won't complain if that happens.
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Gren wrote:The sky has been gray since the wedding started, so I wouldn't surprise if this arc ends with everyone soaked. :lol: (perhaps we'll see a passionate kiss under the rain?).

And what is that weird thing behind Sabrina's head in third panel? Is it some sort of sound effect? or perhaps it's due to the realization about the prophecy?
Leven wrote:Trying to remember when Tarot gave that prediction, as I read every page yet I do not remember.
HAHA! The first time I saw that comic, I was literally praying that Rick would remember this and actually use it in the comic, needless to say he did not disappoint XD

Bravo Rick! Bravo! :mrgreen:
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Ooh, cell shading. Rick wanted to be fancy... (If my memory doesn't fail, it might be the first one in HP!)

Yeah, newlyweds normally don't like grape jello pools

Now THIS is an epic panel, it all just gets even better and better (is this the longest arc to date? Is it close?)

I still can't get over the fact that Jata's feet dwarfs everyone's faces (course, it might be perspective this time, but still, Jata's a colossus)
Eemi

Post by Eemi »

Wow, this arc just keep getting better and better.
Dissension wrote:I love Poncho to death.
Poncho is awesome :D
My avatar was drawn by my awesome friend tttiitu. http://tttiitu.deviantart.com/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Satsura wrote:Yeah, newlyweds normally don't like grape jello pools
Hey, speak for yourself. Some of us have plans for our future wedding reception.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Stephunny

Post by Stephunny »

I can't remember, but wasn't there some sort of prophecy about Sabrina drowning? What comic was that?
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

You see the scroll bar on the right side of your computer screen?
Yeah.
Now scroll up the page about three clicks. You should see the comic in someone else's post :D
(just joking around with ya)
Glad to help and Welcome to the forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay!
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

Aw, man, this is getting intense. :D

The little details in the background really is beautiful here, it's hysterical to see that dog try to arrest Uncle Dead-Eye back there (though I can't tell if it's from intimidation, Uncle Dead-Eye doing nothing to warrant an arrest, or because the cuffs don't look like they're gonna fit at all), and the fact the cake is gonna be wrecked. At least on the bright side, someone will still get a chance to taste it before it hits the ground. It looks like the cake is gonna land on that one dog back there.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Hedronal wrote:
Gren wrote:By the way, uncle Rodney seems to be the only one cooperating with the cops X3 (why? XD)
He's on the ground, I don't think that counts as cooperating.
He doesn't look struggling either, so...
GameCobra wrote:It's safe to say he's the most popular wolf these days. =3 And that pose... THE POSE!
Meh, I'm still preferring Jack and Deadeye. They Rocks!
Leven wrote:Thanks for that, hmm well if she nearly drowns that could mean that Fido might have to give her CPR. To save her as well, who knows though. But it would be interesting to see CPR between Fido and Sabrina.
icarus wrote:just re-appearing to say thank you, gren.
i couldn't remember when that prediction was made, and you saved me a lot of archive searching.
You're welcome. ;)
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I think she'll fall in and suddenly find herself in a empty void like Max did in the last arc and Picard did in the NextGen episode "Tapestry" . Pete will appear, try to convince her that her life in Babylon Gardens is essentially over now that everyone knows her secret and tries to get her to be his avatar in exchange for hitting the reset button. She considers, refuses....and "wakes up" in Fido's arms as he gives her CPR.
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure if Pete would have an appearance in this arc but if he does, I don't think he'll try to do that. I'm actually expecting he'll try to convince Sabrina to renounce to be Dragon's next avatar while telling her what he said in the trial in heaven (you know, about the "Dragon interposed with her own followers" thing). I wouldn't surprise if Pete tries to sabotage Dragon making all her followers turn against her. (After all, followers helps her charging her mana, so it's a fairly good reason).
Argent wrote:
Gren wrote:OMG! OMG! OMG! It's finally happening! And Fido is nowhere to be found. I'd say Tarot told him and he's preparing himself to save her. Unless an unexpected person appears to save her? Could it be Karishad? Max? Pete? DUN DUN DUN
The best swimmers are Bailey, Gambit, and Tarmac.
Also Peanut and Max (though I don't think none of them would interfere on this XD). Fido must be her savior!
Zrip wrote:
Render wrote:
ryth wrote:I JUST REALIZED, rick might be trolling us, the prediction says she will almost drown, that doesn't mean she actually has to hit the water... just be saved beforehand, so next panel might be fido grabbing her before she hits the water.
Tarot wrote:the "wettest you will ever get", that will be in three years from now when you nearly drown
I assume water is needed to become SO wet!
Although a storm seems to be approaching if the weather in the strip is any indication. It's possible that Sabrina will be saved just before hitting the water and suddenly, BOOM, heavy downpour of rain at the ceremony.

If that's not the case, it's a good excuse to draw Fido jumping into the pool, saving Sabrina, and having a wide panel of "kissing" her back to life— to which we get an exaggerated reaction from the crowd watching the event take place. I won't complain if that happens.
You both have a good point.
ImageImage
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

At least Deadeye isn't trying to smother the policeman. He likes him...
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gren wrote:
Hedronal wrote:
Gren wrote:By the way, uncle Rodney seems to be the only one cooperating with the cops X3 (why? XD)
He's on the ground, I don't think that counts as cooperating.
He doesn't look struggling either, so...
To be fair, we can't really see him to tell, and he's not the focus.
Satsura wrote:At least Deadeye isn't trying to smother the policeman. He likes him...
At least compared to Jata.
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

You know Sabrina hasn't hit the water yet, it's possible someone will catch her, and Tarot's prediction will happen later. Maybe.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Sabrina does have a good question. What is Jata trying to prove?
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Saturn381 wrote:Sabrina does have a good question. What is Jata trying to prove?
He seems to be trying to prove himself better than others by the scales he was taught to use to do so, which differ significantly from theirs.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

OMG, a real confusing and bad situation (but kinda funny too :P)... :o Jata and the K-9 unit are taking advantage over the wolves. Jata has gone mad, but indeed, what does he want to proove now? I hope for him, at the end of this story arc, to realize how bad and wrong he's has been and forgive all... Somehow, he's not evil (surely not as Keene, at least)... :roll:
Ouch, poor Jack, that hurts a lot... Interesting the old prediction thing, but doesn't seem to going to happen like it said. I guess that Sabrina has been grabbed by Fido (he's not visible in this strip).

What does represent that black and white horizontal row in the third panel? It looks like the cardiogram of Sabrina's heart, because of the falling in the empty...
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

you do realize that Poncho is a batcrap crazy brawler now

you realize that
ImageImage
ImageImage
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

jata is going bonkers o-o could thay just call animal control or and hit him with a trank gun? .... hmm i dont think uncle deadeye is AWARE of whats even going on?
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Gren

Post by Gren »

You know, I think it would be really funny that at the moment when Sabrina falls in the pool, the other Daryl shouts "The cake! Someone save the cake!" and then everyone focuses in the cake and ignore the poor cat drowning in the water. :lol:
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Wonder if PETA is hiding under the table with Daryl?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wonder if PETA is hiding under the table with Daryl?
Which Daryl are you referring to?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Saturn381 wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wonder if PETA is hiding under the table with Daryl?
Which Daryl are you referring to?
Daryl and not the other Daryl. That's pretty obvious - even by the name. xD
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Fido to the rescue!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

EvanAierkan wrote:Fido to the rescue!
But only on wednesday. For monday I really hope for this:
Render wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Honestly though after such an intense arc, I think a silly break is needed.
You mean on Monday we will have a quiet strip showing only Sabrina slowly sinking to the buttom of the pool and thinking of her life, her love and the universe?
That would be great! OK, not silly but silent.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I love the foreshadowing but we won't know how it goes if Teh Rick doesn't confirm it.

Twist will be:

Someone else other than Fido will rescue Sabrina,

Sabrina actually can get out of the pool and might have to rescue someone trying to save her,

or it can be the pool is actually blue gelatin :mrgreen:
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Marco

Post by Marco »

WOW :shock: First panel is the ultimate awesomeness epic battle scene! (Perfect background screen) Will Sabrina truly escape a splash? Fido the Rescue! :D
WhoElseButQuagmire

Argent wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: I think she'll fall in and suddenly find herself in a empty void like Max did in the last arc and Picard did in the NextGen episode "Tapestry" . Pete will appear, try to convince her that her life in Babylon Gardens is essentially over now that everyone knows her secret and tries to get her to be his avatar in exchange for hitting the reset button. She considers, refuses....and "wakes up" in Fido's arms as he gives her CPR.
"No weird time stuff".
Sabrina might not know he's under that restriction, and Pete will try to bluff her.

Of course there is still the slight chance that Jata is Pete and the answer to Sabrina's question is 'To bring things to this very point in time'.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Gren wrote:The sky has been gray since the wedding started, so I wouldn't surprise if this arc ends with everyone soaked. :lol: (perhaps we'll see a passionate kiss under the rain?).

And what is that weird thing behind Sabrina's head in third panel? Is it some sort of sound effect? or perhaps it's due to the realization about the prophecy?
Leven wrote:Trying to remember when Tarot gave that prediction, as I read every page yet I do not remember.
I thought this was over three years later. I reread it and it's three years.
Feel my icy wrath!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Sinder wrote:you do realize that Poncho is a batcrap crazy brawler now

you realize that
I'm sure, at one time, Poncho was a great fighter, but, as "four finger discount" Jack stated in the arc The Unbearable Lightness of being a Dog, he hasn't been as active since he discovered cheetos.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So let´s assume that Sabrina will fall in the pool and no one will prevent her from falling, also let´s assume that she knows how to swim.

Now, in this scenario I only see a few ways in where she could be in hazard of drowning: The first one would be that her dress get stuck with something at the bottom of the pool and therefore she cant get to the surface and breathe. The second possibility is that she somehow hit something and get unconscious and -again- cant get to the surface and will -nearly- drown.

Of course, Im supposing that she does knows how to swim, if she lacks of that ability it will be pretty easy to get her struggling for air ... Any other possible scenarios ?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

you're also ignoring that It may be very difficult to swim while wearing a wedding dress
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Oh gods the wolves are being HAMMERD! Well, except for Poncho... he somehow is getting the hang of it.
Where's Ralph? WHERE'S RALPH??!?
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
WhoElseButQuagmire

Gbr23 wrote:So let´s assume that Sabrina will fall in the pool and no one will prevent her from falling, also let´s assume that she knows how to swim.

Now, in this scenario I only see a few ways in where she could be in hazard of drowning: The first one would be that her dress get stuck with something at the bottom of the pool and therefore she cant get to the surface and breathe. The second possibility is that she somehow hit something and get unconscious and -again- cant get to the surface and will -nearly- drown.

Of course, Im supposing that she does knows how to swim, if she lacks of that ability it will be pretty easy to get her struggling for air ... Any other possible scenarios ?
Can she still use TELEPORT! Or was that just in the temple?
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Tattorack wrote:Oh gods the wolves are being HAMMERD! Well, except for Poncho... he somehow is getting the hang of it.
Where's Ralph? WHERE'S RALPH??!?
Ralph is on the right in combat with Miles.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gren wrote: what is that weird thing behind Sabrina's head in third panel? Is it some sort of sound effect? or perhaps it's due to the realization about the prophecy?
I've been wondering about that too.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Argent wrote:
Gren wrote: what is that weird thing behind Sabrina's head in third panel? Is it some sort of sound effect? or perhaps it's due to the realization about the prophecy?
I would guess that that is to indicate a realization of some sort, it was behind Miles when Ralph jumped on him as well.
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Hedronal wrote:
Argent wrote:
I would guess that that is to indicate a realization of some sort, it was behind Miles when Ralph jumped on him as well.
That is correct. To even have this question just implies Rick didn't overdo it enough. Check any manga for reference, they have panel wide lightnings and explosions to demonstrate character's surprise reaction.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Eemi wrote:Wow, this arc just keep getting better and better.
Dissension wrote:I love Poncho to death.
Poncho is awesome :D
He is indeed. He's trying to land a knee strike on Jata at the moment.

I just love that shading, I have to agree.

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new posts to a thread and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
Feel my icy wrath!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Housepets is like a soap opera. You just HAVE to find out what happens next.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

But less cheesy.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!