Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

JOFOXX

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer, breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness he found one of the dumb ones. The weasel smiled at the cat nodding. "Yeah. Really? What'd umm.. the guys...people... do?" He kept smiling at the cat, making his way back to teh table. He had the cat fooled for now, might as well finally get some food. He quickly picked up a large handful of meat. He wasn't really sure what kind it was, but it was food. He kept his eyes on the cat as he wolfed down the delicious life-bringing food.
Zander

Post by Zander »

"One stole my girlfriend, and another picked me up by the neck and shoved me against the wall" Felix said, disgusted
He turned toward Pifer. "why not just eat the table? it has fiber..." Felix joked, keeping a straight face.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

"Oh, I'm sure it can wait five minutes." Kytes whispered back to Trinket. Turning back to Rikki, "I'm Kytes. I moved in yesterday."
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Well then Kytes, it's nice to meet you." He stepped forward for a pawshake "My name's Rikki, I live with Ranger Jack. Who's your friend here? They certainly have a taste for the shiny..." he chuckled at that.

Behind him, he wasn't hearing any noise out of Pifer, so he must not have gotten into any real trouble.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer burst into a fit of coughs as Felix spoke, food lodged in his throat. He banged the tabletop a few times as he hacked and wheezed. This cat couldn't be serious. How many more pets would he find in strange situations like this? Honestly it was just sad. After a few seconds he managed to regain his composure, and he looked back up at the cat. "Sounds... exciting?" Pifer was disgusted, almost to his stomach. This cat not only let himself get walked all over, but sat back in the shadows fuming? Pifer rolled his eyes and ignored the cat's lame joke, instantly beginning to dislike him.
Last edited by JOFOXX on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky felt responsible for Felix having a bad time, even though it was entirely 110% Felix's fault. He got up and walked out of the basement to where Felix was
"Uhh- Felix... i-" He looked up and saw Pifer munching on the smashed food. "Hey are you new here?" He sniffed. "You dont smell like your from around here."
Felix turned away from Rocky, as if to say "I dont want to even look at you."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:"Oh, I'm sure it can wait five minutes." Kytes whispered back to Trinket. Turning back to Rikki, "I'm Kytes. I moved in yesterday."
"No, no it can't! There's a ghost in that ball, and it's starting to get angry!" He said with a slight hiss. The raccoon's presence was starting to put Trinket a little on edge.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"My name's Rikki, I live with Ranger Jack. Who's your friend here? They certainly have a taste for the shiny..." he chuckled at that.
He quickly spat out his name. "Trinket," he said. But he was still to polite to brush off the coon, or ignore him. "Can we walk while talking? We need to get to Cale's house, so that we find this...uh, Sid fellow and return that yarn ball! It's...uh, quite a keepsake. Apparently... Com'on, let's go!"
Pendant: Kytes and Rikki get the +2 CHA boost for interacting with Trinket
Xuan: +3 Luck (max boost to 11 Luck) for wearing the Ear Banner, and +2 Luck for anyone close to Xuan
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes sighed, "Yeah, we do have to get going. Getting the yarn back is very important." He rolled his eyes on the "very." "You're welcome to tag along if you want."
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer isntantly dropped into a crouch when the new dog came out of the basement. He studied it, ready to run. He looked pretty tough, probably capable of overpowering Pifer, but he didn't look at all fast. If the dog started to catch onto him, Pifer was sure he could bolt before it had a chance to do anything. He gave that same half smile to the dog, still eating as much as he could. "Umm.." Pifer glanced over at the cat, who had turned away. So... was this the one that stole his mate? This was a dog though. Was it one of those weird animals that mate with a different species? He stared at the dog. "Y-Yeah... I'm new! I was invited from... far away..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki looked at the cats with a friendly smile, "Oh, so you're friends with Cale as well? You must have just met him this morning or last night. Well, I wanted to check on a friend real quick, but I would like to see Cale, so, why don't we all walk together for a bit? This will only take a second, then we could head over." He gestured back towards where Pifer was.

---------------- Meanwhile, at the Ranger's Station ----------------
Taku was locked in a cage, alone. He wanted to call out for someone, but his mouth had been tied shut. He stared frantically around: where was he? Not the Ranger's Station, that was for sure. He moved about in his cage, weak. Outside of the cage, two human vets were preparing to do something to him: he didn't want to know what.
One of them came over to him, staring down with cold eyes, "So, you've been healed by human medicine from wounds a wild animal wouldn't survive. Are you a pet?"
Taku frantically shook his head: he wasn't a pet! He was a wild animal!
"Oh? It doesn't look like it. Here you are, injured beyond what a wild animal would survive. I think you're a pet. Why don't you give me a reason why you're not?
Taku panicked, unable to talk, he grabbed for his snout, but instead his hands fell to his neck: he was now wearing a tight Shock-Collar. He wanted to scream now, he was desperate for his father to come and save him. Where was his father?
The two humans reached inside, dragging him out and strapping him to a table. "Don't worry, you'll be a happy pet in no time when we're done with you..."
Taku frantically struggled, the room exploded around him, sharp objects, metal doors, and garbage cans flying all around him.

Taku jolted awake, his snout burning with pain. He wondered how long he would be in here, hoping he wouldn't have to stay here forever. He gave a squeeze to something warm which was nuzzled up against him. It was the pup. He gave a choked sigh and lied his head back down, hugging the comforting pup close.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin woke up from Taku's sudden movement, looking around half asleep. "Mmm, Taku?" He looked up to the raccoon, wondering what had caused him to wake up.
Last edited by Neko on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku looked back down at the pup: he couldn't say anything to tell him to go back to sleep, so he just gave him a nuzzle, lying his head back down and gently stroking him as he tried to fall back asleep, trying to ignore the throbbing headache and burning nose.
He wondered what kind of injuries he had: this was the most lucid he'd been since his father had rushed to him, telling him not to get up: at that point, he'd lost too much blood to think straight. Now he felt like his entire head had been damaged, and his sinuses burned like the time he had sniffed that red stuff, with the picture of fire on it, he'd found in a trash can and some of it had gone up his nose. He remembered Melinda giving him that shot that made him fall asleep, had she cut open his nose or something? His last vision had been his father holding him down when he'd lost control and panicked, telling him to calm down. He wondered where his father was now. He must have left after he gave him the pup...
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky looked over at Felix, sighing.
"So.... Your new here.." Rocky reassured himself, walking over to pifer and reaching his paw out to shake. "My names Rocky, what's yours?"
Felix looked over at them and interrupted them.
"stop acting all tough- I could beat you anytime anywhere"
Rocky ignored him and Left his hand extended toward pifer.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer stared cautiously at the dog, Rocky. The dog seemed fooled by his story, but Pifer had eaten enough now, and he didn't want to keep this charade going longer than it needed to. He sniffed Rocky's hand, confused by why he was sticking it out. "Umm... Hi... I'm Pi-" He hesitated. "Piper. My name is Piper." Almost immediately after the name came out of his mouth he wanted to punch himself in the face. Oh good one Pifer, change one syllable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin sat up, now fully awake and taking in his surroundings. He crawled over to the Cage door, grabbing onto the bars and peering out.Why is it dark in here, I can still see the sun through the holes in the wall...Wait, where's Mr.Raccoon? Why am I stuck in here? Did I do something wrong... He shook the cage door lightly, whimpering softly.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku tried to get up on all fours, finding he'd gotten most of his strength back. He looked down at his arm: a small needle was poked into it under a bandage. He followed a tube connected to it up to a bag of fluid above him, which was almost empty. He sat back down, careful of the strange needle, and pulled the pup close to him, stroking his head to try and reassure him.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki looked at the cats with a friendly smile, "Oh, so you're friends with Cale as well? You must have just met him this morning or last night. Well, I wanted to check on a friend real quick, but I would like to see Cale, so, why don't we all walk together for a bit? This will only take a second, then we could head over." He gestured back towards where Pifer was.
Kytes looked over at where Rikki gestured. "What's the 'this' that's over there?" He was anxious to get the yarn back to Sid, but not for the same reason as Trinket.

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin hugged Taku, burying his face in his fur."Taku, why are we stuck in here? Where's Mr.Raccoon..." he whimpered softly.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Oh, well, there's an animal from the forest running around and I figured I should make sure he's not getting into any trouble. Because, well, you know..." He jingled the Official-Service-Animal style tag on his State-Issue collar.

---------------- Meanwhile.... ---------------
Taku was really wishing he could tell the pup that they were latched in so they didn't panic, but he couldn't. He sat there for less than a minute before deciding he wasn't getting back to sleep, not unless melinda gave him another "sed-uh-tive". He let out another constricted sigh and got up, hunching over and taking the pup's hand as he unlatched the cage door, walking up to it and slowly opening it.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Uh-huh. Yeah. Great. Could we, please, maybe, get going again? This yarn ball is important, you know!" Trinket gave a light tug on Kytes' arm. "Please! If there's a wild animal loose, that just gives more reason to move quickly, and away from here! We need to get that yarn ball to...Sid, right? It's important, it really is! Please!" Trinket was almost begging at this point. "Please! I know when some things need to get done, and this needs to get done!"
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke was looking off into space, until he heard the word 'Party', and saw a dog get dragged off by a cat... "I'm really not sure whats going on now..."
~Rubin
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Atari wrote:"I'm Kyra. Sorry about before, I was just in a 'I was thinking about something' mood, but I quickly get over that, heh." She didn't exactly know what else to say, and started feeling awkward, almost.
"Nah~ don't worry about it, so it's Kyra huh, does it pronounces as "Keera"? or "Kaira"?" Xuan still have difficulties pronouncing all those English names.
JOFOXX wrote: Terry wasn't as cheerful with his greeting. The blue tom looke dover his shoulder at Kyra, eyes glinting. "Well Kyra, I'm glad you're over your "mood", and I accept your appology." Terry turned away again, padding after Xuan. "So where's your house, Xuan?"
"It's just over.... there!" Xuan stopped as they approaches the huge wooden door ((huge relative to their size anyway)) of a two-storey terrace house.

"Hmm... so which key is it?" Xuan mumbled as he sorts through his bunch of keys with at least ten keys in it, "Gah~ I'm just gonna pick one randomly, all the keys are from the same manufacturer," Xuan utters in frustration as he slide one of the keys into the metal slab of the huge wooden door in front of them.

*Click!*

"Wow! The door is opened in one try!" Although nothing major, Xuan is still mesmerized before what his luck has brought to him ((Ear Banner's luck)).
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sam turned to their small group, "I'm as confused as you..."
Cale turned and closed his front door, painfully walking into the direction where Rocky had gone.
"Cale, where are you going. Doesn't your injures hurt?"
Cale stopped and turned to her, "Yes, they do. But I need to see where Rocky was dragged off to." He turned back and started limp-walking.
"Hey, hold on!" Sid grabbed his board and cavemanned onto it, riding after the cat who he now knew as "Cale". "You're hurt, man. Don't you want someone to help you?"
Sam rolled after Cale, stopping next to him. "Cale let us help you, it's obvious that your leg is injured. Why don't you stay here and we'll go get Rocky?"
"No, He's my brother and I'll go get him. And I don't need help, I'm fine," Cale continued on down the sidewalk.
Sid got in front of Cale and forced him to stop. "Yeah, not gonna let you do that buddy. You ain't walkin' on that leg."
Zeke wheeled after the three, still bewildered by the bandages. "How did that happen anyways?"
Sid was tired of waiting for someone to tell the story, so he threw it out, "Him and some lady-cat got caught by AC earlier. One of them got mad after I pulled the doors off their truck and threw him through a bush."
Cale looked at Sid, "Yea, I got beat up by one goons while I was trying to protect Rocky..."
Sam looked at Sid then Cale, "Wait, why did animal control catch you?"
Cale sighed, "Er...I didn't have my collar on....Trinket was caught to but he was wearing his collar. I don't understand it..."
Zeke's jaw dropped. You ripped a door off a car? He shook his head and relived the surprise. "Wait, Animal-Control takes peoples for not wearing their collars?"
Sid looked at Zeke, a little confused, "Yeah, they take anyone who they think is a stray or is disobeying the leash-laws. And no, I didn't really rip the doors off, I just pulled out the bolts so they fell off."
Cale started walking around Sid, "Can we just drop it, I don't have time to sit here and chat..."
"Cale you shouldn't worry so much, maybe the cat simply took Rocky to a party?" Sam provided.
Zeke nodded. "There do seem to be more and more of those lately!"
Sid sighed, stepping on the edge of his board to pick it up, "Well then, if you guys want to follow, someone's gonna have to track him by smell or something, 'cause he's gone. Can you foxes smell trails, or do I have to?"
"I don't think we'll have to," Sam said pointing to rising smoke. "Maybe the party is a barbecue?"
Cale looked and saw it too, "That would make sense..."
Zeke Looked over at the smoke too? "Barbecue? Whats that?" Zeke was beginning to become frustrated at his own inexperience.
"Well..." Sam started, trying to think of how to explain it. "A barbecue is when you cook a lot of food on a grill. Like hamburgers, steaks, or hotdogs. And there is usually a cooler full of drinks and tables with other kinds of food."
Sid nodded, he hadn't been entirely sure what that meant either: whenever any of his owners had had one, he hadn't been aloud to go. He handed his board to Sam and knelt a little with his back to Cale, "Well, come on. If you're dead-set on going to this thing, I suppose I'll just carry you. Just watch out for the glasses: I'd rather drop you than them."
Cale looked at Sid with a raised eye brow, limping past him. "No thanks, I'm fine walking..."
Sam ran over to Cale, grabbing his shoulder. "Cale just let him carry you before you make your injures any worse."
Sid moved back in front of Cale, "Come on, stop being so reckless, take my offer while it's up!" He squatted down again.
Cale sighed, giving in. "Fine..." he wrapped his arms around Sid and leaned against his back.
Sid grabbed Cale's upper-legs under his arms: he had experience with carrying injured animals on his back like this. He strained a little, getting into a standing position, his tail tense. "See? Not hard. Now we can go."
Zeke started to feel useless. In his mind, there was no chance that He could lift Cale, Or anyone for that mater. "Anything I can do?"
"I think Sid's got everything under control Zeke. We just have to follow the smoke now." Sam slowly wheeled next to Sid.
"Yep, everything's ok. Just don't lag behind..." Sid said with a bit of a grunt, walking down the street with Sam, looking a bit like Yoshi with Cale on his back.
Zeke wheeled up to them, and kept next to Sam. "I guess that will work then." His ears drooped a little.
Cale noticed the grunt from Sid. "If I'm to heavy for you I'll walk..."
Sam slowly wheeled next to Sid and Cale, keeping an eye on the both of them.
Sid laughed "You ain't heavy, your van-chasing brother's heavy. (I should know) I'm just a little stiff..." He walked onward.

Cale spoke up, "Hey, he was only chasing the van to try and help me!"
"That's what he told me when I tried to stop him. I told him he was crazy. Back in Detroit, that was a way for strays who got tired of being alive to make themselves dead, a very effective one too." Sid replied, mildly annoyed at the silliness of these two siblings, "What could he have possibly accomplished by running right up to them in that restaurant?"
"I dunno, I tried to tell him that they had gone inside...Maybe he went to get help or something..."
"Well he didn't. He got nabbed right there. If I hadn't been there, you'd all be in the pound by now. Especially with that cop-caller Kytes helping the guys, 'fore I accidentally knocked him out with a rock..." Sid said, keeping a level tone, "You guys need to have more sense. Why didn't you run when they came for you? ... Did you even see them?" The last question was more sympathetic than the others, as if he'd understand if they hadn't.
Zeke followed silently and listened to the conversation.
"Heh, no, not really...I was talking to Trinket, by the time I saw them they already had us by those loop-pole-thingies.."
Sid nodded, "The collar-sticks, I know what you're talking about. So why'd your brother think chasing them was a good idea?"
"I have no idea, I haven't been able to ask him yet..."
Sid dropped it, changing the subject "So where'd you get a brother like that? He seems pretty different than you, like, he wears pants..." he had thought that strange when he saw Rocky, but then again, he wore a jacket. Maybe Rocky had a weapon on him or something?
"The pants? I dunno he got 'em from hot topic. I think he said something about a kid wearing um..." Cale intentionally avoided the question. He wasn't sure if Rocky cared if he told people he used to be a stray.
"Yeah, I think I've seen kids at shows with those pants, but what I'm asking is where did he come from? Like, I was a stray who hung out at the Rusty Nail when I met John, and he came and adopted me when AC finally nabbed me. What about your brother? What's his history?"
"Well, he was a stray. He used to live in a shelter but he escaped at an airport..."
Zeke began to imagine a group of cats sitting around a large rusty nail. They all seemed to be staring at it, like they expected it to jump at any moment.
"Airport?" Sid asked confused, "Why'd the Pounders have 'im at the airport?"
Cale thought for a second, "They were shipping him somewhere else I think..."
Sid wasn't buying it. "Listen, kid, if there's one thing I know, it's that the Pounders don't just 'ship' their prisoners around the country unless something special's goin' on with 'em. And now I'm curious: if he escaped at the airport, how'd you adopt him from them? Didn't he have to go back first?"
"Well, he escaped the airport and stumbled into Brookshire. We didn't...exactly adopt him from them. he just, escaped."
Sid sighed, "Well, I'm all for gettin' the government out of people's hair all the time, but you know there's gonna be trouble when they find out right? What'd be even worse is if he already HAD an owner and escaped from them, then they'd just ship 'im back. I knew a dog like that once, a husky like your bro there," he shuddered, "I think he's in Alaska now, pulling sleds. That kinda work makes you die young..."
"Yea, that's what Rocky was escaping from...he said he was suppose to go to Alaska but escaped from the airport near here..."
Sid stopped in his tracks, silent for a second. "No." he said in a correcting tone, "That's not what happened."
"What do ya mean?" Cale questioned.
Sid spoke in a grave tone "I mean, you will NEVER tell that story to ANYONE ever again if you want your brother to stay in this state and not die in one of Caribou-Lady's Ice Fields. Let me tell YOU What happened, and you'll make SURE everyone knows this is the truth. His name was NOT Rocky originally, and he was NEVER registered in the pet database. He was ABANDONED by his last family, and has NEVER had an owner who is looking for him. UNDERSTAND?"
Cale was a bit surprised by Sid's sudden aggressiveness. "Well yea, I never planned to tell the cops or anything..."
"GOOD." Sid said, "The SECOND you see him, you need to make SURE that he knows this. Ok? I've seen too many good people get taken away by AC, and I'm not gonna watch someone else go."
"Of course...Hopefully he's at the party."
"Alright then. As long as that's taken care of." He started walking again. "It should be just around the corner now..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

(Darin/Taku IRC)

Taku was really wishing he could tell the pup that they were latched in so they didn't panic, but he couldn't. He sat there for less than a minute before deciding he wasn't getting back to sleep, not unless Melinda gave him another "sed-uh-tive". He let out another constricted sigh and got up, hunching over and taking the pup's hand as he unlatched the cage door, walking up to it and slowly opening it.

Darin was relieved when he saw the door open, he was about to walk out when he noticed Taku's hesitance. He looked at him and noticed the needle and tubing, he let go of Taku's paw and jumped back hitting the side of the cage. "W-what's in your arm?!"

Taku looked down at his arm: he'd forgotten that. He looked back up at the bag, which he knew a few things about... It WAS almost empty, after all, so it couldn't hurt to just take out the needle... He peeled back the bandage and popped out the needle, causing himself to bleed a little, but he didn't worry: that would heal. He looked back down at the pup and held out a paw for him to take.

Darin shakingly took Taku's paw, "Are you...ok? You're bleeding..."

Taku Shrugged: his arm was fine. He stepped out of the cage, his legs and tail spread out for support and balance. He stretched his sleep-cramped muscles a bit and headed slowly towards the door.

Darin followed Taku out of the cage, looking around the room nervously. He whimpered again, still confused as to what was going on.

Taku looked down at the whimpering pup: he wasn't sure what to do... he pulled the pup a little closer and put his hand on his shoulder as they went along. He reached up for the door-handle and took it, opening the door and moving out into the hallway, wincing at the light.

Darin used his paws to shield his eyes at the sudden brightness. It took a moment before his eyes adjusted and he could see normally. He leaned against Taku's leg, looking up and down the hallway.

Taku Put an arm around the pup, hugging him to his leg as he walked towards the front desk where someone was likely to be.

Darin followed along idely, hoping to find Rikki. Rikki was the person he felt most comfortable with ever since he had gotten here. He was nice and kind, and sincerely cared for him.

Taku reached the door and, unsure what else to do, scratched at it. Taku waited for a response. When he didn't get one, he reached up and opened the door himself, walking into the empty front office.

Darin looked around the room, "Where is everybody? Did Mr.Raccoon leave?" He looked up to Taku with glistening eyes.

Taku looked around, wishing he could smell: something was wrong with that little pouch inside his nose that he used to analyze scents, and now he could only smell blood. He made a note to try and tell Melinda that soon... He decided that the office was empty and they went back into the hallway, this time he scratched on the office door.

Darin huddle next to Taku's leg remaining silent. He was getting more nervous by the second, all he wanted was for Rikki to hold him and tell him that everything was going to be ok.

Taku waited for a response again. Getting none, he opened the door and walked in, looking around. He walked to the back, past empty desks. He was now standing in front of the strange set of doors and wheels in the back. He looked around and walked to the other door in the back, trying it: locked.

Darin looked at the locked door, "Oh, don't you need a key? Mr.Raccoon said you needed keys to open doors..."

Taku looked down at the pup: he knew about the keys, but he didn't have them. He didn't think anyone was up there, so he just shrugged down at the pup and started leading him out of the room.

Darin slowly exited the room, "Where is every one..."

Taku couldn't have answered if he knew... He looked at the door at the other end of the hall: it was always locked. They couldn't be down there. He went to the door that led to where the Ranger lived, scratching on it again.

Darin clung to Taku's leg, wondering where everyone had gone. He let out a sigh, waiting to see if anyone would answer the door.

No one answered, so Taku went in, getting a little tired. He looked around the kitchen, (the main lights were off) remembering that he was a little hungry now, and wished he could eat a fruit out of the fridge or something.

Darin searched the room, getting down on all fours sniffing every nook and cranny. He caught a whiff of Rikki's scent, following it out of the room and into the hallway. It was no use though because the trail disappeared underneath a door that lead outside.

Taku followed him to the door, trying to pick him up when he got to the door, but he didn't have the strength, and just sagged. He gave up on that, and just took the pup by the hand, pulling to lead him back into the kitchen.

Darin whimpered softly as he followed Taku back to the kitchen. He didn't like being in the strange building without Rikki. He wasn't alone though, but Taku couldn't even speak. His muzzle was all bandaged up and he was injured.

Taku did the same scratch-wait-open procedure with the door to the living quarters. The lights were off. He peeked into the bathroom: nope. He peeked into the closet: just coats. He walked up too the door to the room where Jack slept, scratching at it louder, waiting extra-long.

Darin slumped against Taku's leg, losing hope at each passing second. 'Why would every one leave...'

Taku finally got tired of waiting and opened the door: it hadn't been locked. They walked into the window-lit room: Taku started to look around, to see if someone might be sleeping in here, checking the empty bed first. He'd never understood beds, they seemed strange, but humans apparently needed them to sleep.

Darin got down on all fours, sniffing around the room. He climbed onto the bed, noticing the bed sheets. "This is what Matt had given me for bedding..." He sniffed at the bed sheets before crawling underneath them to explore.

Taku rolled his eyes and made a snorting grunt, wanting to giggle at the funny shape poking around under the covers. He looked at the bedside table, recognizing one of Rikki's collar-gadgets. He picked up the... what did he call it? "Walka-Talka"? All he knew was that humans used it to talk over distances. He began to mess with it, trying to get it to work...

Darin finished his exploration, poking his head out of the covers to see Taku messing with something. He crawled over to him on the bed, "What's that? That kind of looks like the thing Matt talked into."

Taku sniffed and felt at it, trying to understand it. He found a little knob and turned it. The thing made a tapping noise! He dialed it up further and it began to sound a bit like running water....Suddenly Jack screamed through it, "Roger, you have him. Now Pit him. NO ROGER! DON'T DO THAT! PIT MANEUVER! PIT MANEUVER!! WHAT ARE YOU-GAAHHHH!!! THAT WAS THE ONLY SQUAD CAR YOU NITWIT!"
Taku jumped back in shock, throwing the device down.

Roger came over it sheepishly... "Uhh... I stopped him Jack... Should I-"
"NO." Jack interrupted, "I'll do it. You've broken enough things today."

Darin had jumped back in shock, then slid down off the bed and leaned over the strange device. "Jack?" he tapped the strange device.

Taku picked up the device, examining it: he'd just turned it on, and now they knew that Jack and Roger were doing silly human things. He examined it, trying to figure out if he could signal them.

Darin looked up at the device, "How did Jack get into that tiny little thing, isn't he squished?"

Taku shook his head, once again, unable to explain to him that Jack and Roger had the other end. He found a big button and pressed it.
*BEEEP!*
Taku jumped, but held on this time.

Jack came over the radio, "That was Rikki's morse-tone. See what he wants but keep watching, I'm cuffin' this guy."

"Jack, why are you in the tiny thing!?" Darin yelled at the device. "Mr.Raccoon went away!"

Roger came over the box, "Whaddo you want Rikki? We just nabbed a DUI in the park and the perp totaled the Squad Car."

"Hey, I'm not Rikki, and you're not Jack! Where'd Jack go? Why is no one here?!" Darin continued talking to the device.

Taku tilted his head at the device in his paws, he knew Rikki could talk back with it by pressing a button somewhere, but he wasn't sure he should... He'd have to let the pup talk anyway. He tried making it beep again.
"Hey, cut it out Rikki, we heard you the first time, what do you want?!" Roger said, annoyed.

"Oh, I don't think they can hear us Taku. Maybe there ears are squished..."

Taku sighed through the tube in his mouth again and turned off the device, tossing it back onto the bed. He didn't care what they were doing anymore: they'd come back. He took the pup and began to leave the room with him.

"Shouldn't we try to help them to get out? What if they're stuck?" Darin had stopped walking and was looking back at the device on the bed.

Taku waved it off as if it were nothing, moving back out of the room.

"Ooooh..." Darin went after Taku, following him out of the room. "Why did everybody leave, we don't even have keys to go look for them.I hope they come back soon..."

Taku led the pup back to the vet-room where he got back in the cage and motioned for the pup to join him.

Darin walked into the cage, his ears dropping down. He sat down next to Taku, "Do you think Mr.Raccoon will be back soon?"

Taku nodded at him, closing and latching the door. He lied down and pulled the pup to him, ready to go back to sleep and wait.Taku nodded at him, closing and latching the door. He lied down and pulled the pup to him, ready to go back to sleep and wait.

Darin snuggled against Taku getting comfortable. He wanted to go back to sleep, to make the time go by faster. But he wasn't tired anymore after that nap. He nuzzled Taku and laid still with his eyes open, listening to Taku's heart beat.

Taku snuggled the pup, falling asleep on his own after a short amount of time.

(End)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

(Sorry 'bout the sudden disappearance, the power went out last night...)
Buckdida wrote:"Uh-huh. Yeah. Great. Could we, please, maybe, get going again? This yarn ball is important, you know!" Trinket gave a light tug on Kytes' arm. "Please! If there's a wild animal loose, that just gives more reason to move quickly, and away from here! We need to get that yarn ball to...Sid, right? It's important, it really is! Please!" Trinket was almost begging at this point. "Please! I know when some things need to get done, and this needs to get done!"
Kytes sighed. “Well, I guess we’ll catch up later then. Apparently,” he started, turning to Trinket, “the ‘Ghost in the Yarn’ can’t wait to get home.” He started walking off in the direction they had been heading.
Last edited by DarkHeartsAndSuch on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

RP Characters
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:
Zander wrote:.
Felix ignored his yelling and ran toward Rocky. Rocky grabbed Felix's neck and shoved him against the wall "Whats wrong with you?! I didn't do anything to you!" Rocky tried to think why Felix would do that, but stopped, letting go of Felix, and walked back toward the shooting spot.

Felix Fell on his knees holding his neck. Great going Felix, you probably made yourself look week. He looked over at Shep and Joy.
Hmm
He walked over to where Shep and Joy were. "Did you see that? He just attacked me for no reason!" Felix tried to sound sincere, acting more hurt then he actually was.
An irritated Shep looked over at Felix from the foxhole. He knew Felix was doing all of this to deliberately try and win back Joy's heart. But his eyebrows raised with his change of behaviour towards him, suddenly siding with Shep to deal with Rocky? This was beginning to become ridiculous. "Felix, please. I saw everything. This is a fun day for me and the others. If ya need to go back up to cool off or whatever by all means do go on ahead. There will be no brawling in this range. Now if you would excuse me...." Shep said, turning back to Joy and helping to steady her quivering hands and helping her to adjust the protective gear on her face.

Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob aimed his pistol at the targets and fired repeatedly, landing 4 head shots, a chest shot, and 2 misses.

"Ahhh not bad not bad at all heee!" Enya said, shooting Jacob a smirk. "But I think I have something far better to get more than just a few headshots..." Enya said. She reached into the foxhole and pulled out her custom AK-47.
Jacob grinned when he saw her pull out the AK-47. "Yeah, that might work better."
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

It has been nearly an hour of shooting and now the whole range was filled with faint white smoke from all the intense firing from the pets with their pistols. It was definetly a lot of fun for them but they quckly became exhausted. Robert saw this and reached for a button near the metal cabinet, activating a buzzer bell. "Alright you guys can go on ahead and take a break upstairs. There's a jaccuzzi if you guys wanna cool off first. In fact all this shootin' makes me hungry too. I'll get some food and see who else I can invite too. Alright guys cya later!" Robert said, getting up from his seat at the back and heading upstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a beer. He then headed outside to the driveway to see who else was to be invited.

Shep stuck out his tongue and panted hard. He unloaded his pistol and took off his goggles and ear muffs and faced Joy. "Whew that was quite a shootout wasn't it?" Shep said, helping to do the same for his girlfriend. He then lifted her out of the foxhole and they both headed upstairs to the backyard for some drinks to cool off. Felix and Rocky were there, with Rocky being reprimanded by the cat as usual. Shep shot an annoyed look but soon raised his eyebrows as he caught of the other husky talking to another guest at the BBQ, which appeared to be a weasel. He held Joy's hand and walked up to the creature which sat on the table while talking to Rocky, ignoring Felix being mean. "Hi there! I'm Shep! Welcome to my home and welcome to our Housewarming BBQ and the opening of our underground shooting range! Care to introduce yourself pardner?" Shep asked in his warm and friendly Texan tone.

At the range, Enya was firing away at her target with her AK set on auto mode, which nearly destroyed most if it and the other targets in the vicinity. She fired until she heard a click. Her magazine had run out, and proceeded to reload when she looked around as she grabbed for another. Everybody had left the range and it was just her and Jacob. She laughed and turned to Jacob, giving him a smirk as she reeled in her target to let Jacob see. It consisted of several headshots and bulleyes. "I told you sooooo" Enya said cheekily.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Showoff," Jacob said jokingly as he ran his paw across the hole-riddled target. He glanced around and noticed everyone had left. "Huh...I guess it's just us now."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Ooh Jacob I'm so hot right now..." Enya said, dizzy from all the smoke and getting into the same foxhole as him. She helped him remove his gear and hugged him. "Let's go up and cool off in the jacuzzi shall we??" Enya asked.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Sounds like fun," Jacob said, putting an arm around Enya's shoulder. "I love getting wet."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Enya took off her gear and led him up to the backyard, where Shep, Joy, Rocky, Felix and a weasel were socializing. Enya grabbed a coke as she entered the jacuzzi and activated the bubble jets, heaving a sigh of relief as she soaked up. She then pulled in Jacob and laid her head on his shoulder. "Heh. Still remember what happened here??" Enya said, playing with his fur.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"How can I forget?" Jacob replied, wrapping his tail around Enya. "You were a hero back there. I might've been really hurt if you hadn't come out to help me." He scooted close to her.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

"Flake, we're leaving right now." His dad called out for him. "Coming.." He looked at all the houses and hopped into his dad's car before they left. (I'll be back in either in July Or August.)

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

thrasherblades wrote:Shep shot an annoyed look but soon raised his eyebrows as he caught of the other husky talking to another guest at the BBQ, which appeared to be a weasel. He held Joy's hand and walked up to the creature which sat on the table while talking to Rocky, ignoring Felix being mean. "Hi there! I'm Shep! Welcome to my home and welcome to our Housewarming BBQ and the opening of our underground shooting range! Care to introduce yourself pardner?" Shep asked in his warm and friendly Texan tone.
Pifer went stone still as even more pets approached from the underground. This was getting out of hand. He'd eaten his fill, and now it was time to go before anyone found him out. Pifer slowly began backing away as he smiled at this new dog. "Hehe... yeah.
Thanks... I'm, uh... My name is Piper."
He backed into the table with thump, causing the already demolished food items to shake.
Zander

Post by Zander »

JOFOXX wrote:
thrasherblades wrote:Shep shot an annoyed look but soon raised his eyebrows as he caught of the other husky talking to another guest at the BBQ, which appeared to be a weasel. He held Joy's hand and walked up to the creature which sat on the table while talking to Rocky, ignoring Felix being mean. "Hi there! I'm Shep! Welcome to my home and welcome to our Housewarming BBQ and the opening of our underground shooting range! Care to introduce yourself pardner?" Shep asked in his warm and friendly Texan tone.
Pifer went stone still as even more pets approached from the underground. This was getting out of hand. He'd eaten his fill, and now it was time to go before anyone found him out. Pifer slowly began backing away as he smiled at this new dog. "Hehe... yeah.
Thanks... I'm, uh... My name is Piper."
He backed into the table with thump, causing the already demolished food items to shake.
"Whoah, watch out." Rocky laughed, turning to Shep with a straight face. "I- im sorry about in there- its just that Felix... hes so annoying."

Felix turned around and looked at Joy. crossing his arms over his chest.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

*see BsM OOC*
Last edited by The Game on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Kee-rah. Kinda odd for it, but then again, there's weirder out there, kinda like... I dunno, like homophones. Where did someone get the idea to make words sound alike, and spelled differently? 'I read red', for example. I can't understand it, but then again, I can't understand most things about how things became to be, unless I was there, just how things are." Kyra thereafter started to wonder how she changed topics so quickly.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Atari wrote:"Kee-rah. Kinda odd for it, but then again, there's weirder out there, kinda like... I dunno, like homophones. Where did someone get the idea to make words sound alike, and spelled differently? 'I read red', for example. I can't understand it, but then again, I can't understand most things about how things became to be, unless I was there, just how things are." Kyra thereafter started to wonder how she changed topics so quickly.
Xuan just stares at his new-found friend for a second.

"Ahaha... err, why don't we go inside and have a seat?" said Xuan to avoid the awkward-ness in the situation.

"*Ahem* Welcome to my humble abode," said Xuan while he bows to the other pets in an act of silliness.

*Creaak*

The huge wooden door opened to reveal a dimly-lit living room, facing the front door is an altar ((Note, Chinese prays)) with some figurines of several Chinese deities, with a recorder sitting on the top, playing a prayer tune in loop. The whole room is filled with a faint incense smell.((Dogs should describe it as strong anyway, due to their higher sense.)) In the corner sits a television with a glass coffee table in front of it, with a few couches surrounding it. Not much decorations are here though, those are still in the boxes, except for a shelf filled with stuffs.

"Wow since when did he arrange those-" Xuan stops his mumbling as he noticed a sticky-note on the back of the door.

"I came back during my lunch break, and decided to unpack some stuff so you won't get bored, -Law" It's a note from his owner, "Now that explains everything," said Xuan, "Ermm... so uh... Well, this is it!" Xuan continues while looking around feeling helpless as he has no clue on how to entertain his "guests".
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian smiled at Kyra, masking his confusion. This girl really was scatterbrained. Ian turned to Xuan as he opened the door, peering around the other dog into the house. "Wow," he began, sniffling against the strong smell that wafted from the room, "This looks... pretty neat actually." He stepped forward, eyes traveling around the room. Terry hopped past Xuan and ran inside, also looking around. "Yeah, yeah. I guess it's pretty coo- Hey! A TV!" The blue tom vaulted over the back of one of the couches, landing cross-legged in the seat. "So, whatcha got to do around here?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki sighed, "Alright then, I guess I'll catch up with you two later. Nice meeting you, Kytes and Trinket, good luck with the One-Eared ghost..." He turned away and walked towards the fence which Pifer had climbed over.

Suddenly, an invisible twine-like thread swept beneath Kytes' leg, yanking it out from under him, causing him to fall. The tightly-wrapped ball of yarn flew from his hands, bouncing on the sidewalk and rolling towards the corner.

---------------- At that very moment... ---------------
Sid had a strange feeling as he rounded the corner, as if his presence had cause some metaphysical imbalance. He rounded the corner, suddenly stopping, recognizing the cat in front of him. "Hey, that's-!" He stopped mid-sentence, seeing the purple yarn rolling towards him. He let Cale's legs slide down so he could stand. "-One Ear's yarn!" he finally completed.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.