2013/10/16 - Call Waiting

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
JohnWillow

Re: 2013/10/16 - Call Waiting

Post by JohnWillow »

Render wrote:That strip is hilarious and made me laugh a lot while reading. Thanks Rick.
JohnWillow wrote:Even if she married him how would they have children. Hasn't Jata ever heard of Ligers
Ligers are offspring of a male Lion and a female Tiger (the other way around is called Tion or Tigon). So we have a male Leopard and a female Cat here, that would result in cute little Lats or Leats. :P
But it is really unlikely that there would be any offspring, domestic cats and big cats are to different. (domestic cat/felid hybrids)
Sorry, i didn't make it clear enough that i was referring to the birth defects of Ligers. Also I don't believe, given their size difference that Sabrina is capable of carrying his child, if that's even possible, as it would surely grow too large and kill them both in the process.

I suspect we're going to see a rumble in the jungle between Max and Jata very soon
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think that's something Jata probably planned for anyway.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

copper wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:I had a thought, why doesn't Sabrina take Jata to the Zoo and tries to introduce him to a female Leopard?
I think someone from there would gladly become a wife of a king and getting out from the zoo 8-)

I think that might offend him more than help, seeing a leopard caged in a zoo?
Maybe he'd gain something from talking to Shardul
JohnWillow wrote:
Render wrote:That strip is hilarious and made me laugh a lot while reading. Thanks Rick.
JohnWillow wrote:Even if she married him how would they have children. Hasn't Jata ever heard of Ligers
Ligers are offspring of a male Lion and a female Tiger (the other way around is called Tion or Tigon). So we have a male Leopard and a female Cat here, that would result in cute little Lats or Leats. :P
But it is really unlikely that there would be any offspring, domestic cats and big cats are to different. (domestic cat/felid hybrids)
Sorry, i didn't make it clear enough that i was referring to the birth defects of Ligers. Also I don't believe, given their size difference that Sabrina is capable of carrying his child, if that's even possible, as it would surely grow too large and kill them both in the process.
Lets not forget, this is a realm of imagination with cosmic larpers that can send their friends on vacations to other dimensions and the edge of the universe. If Rick wants that to happen, the logic of it might not be so much of a stretch, and could make for an interesting plot device, though that's his call.
thespartanpenguin wrote:
Hedronal wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Why no discussion link comment?
Maybe "Discussed without comment" is the comment?
IceKitsune wrote:Great dad there Sabrina :P Really at this point if Dragon is still around just get her to scare him off its really about all she could do, considering the way Rick set up the laws here.
Alternatively, Sabrina just needs more information regarding the specifics of what advantage the marriage itself brings to Jata/Feraga to be able to formulate a plan as to nullify that gain, such that marrying her would give Jata a disadvantage he cant afford.
Unless he is willing to give everything up to be with her
After all he did defy his fathers wishes so soon after he passed, thats going to tick off the ocals, and he's engaging in a cross spicies marage with a commoner. I'd say he's not to worried about it. And the hint that she wouldn't be living there may mean he'd be applying for us citizenship, and totaly screw the plans of a certain ferret
A non-human with us citizenship would still give Keene the precedent he's looking for, merely in another direction. Keene is skilled at manipulation of factors, (including people), so he seems to have covered his bases well.
Mister L

Post by Mister L »

Sabrina's owner must be a really cool guy
I love to quote famous quotes from people, games, movies and comics!
Don't Starve rocks!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

What a thoughtful dad you've got, Sabrina. He has dumped on you all the emergencies just because you're able to handle them all. Good excuse, regardless...
When it's so, you can solve the trouble by yourself, I believe in you. ;)
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

Hedronal wrote:A non-human with us citizenship would still give Keene the precedent he's looking for, merely in another direction. Keene is skilled at manipulation of factors, (including people), so he seems to have covered his bases well.
Very good point.
Then again maybe he's not looking for citizenship, and would take a place as a pet rtaht than being free and equal
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Mister L wrote:Sabrina's owner must be a really cool guy
:p he is a proffesor what kind of background is that?
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

thespartanpenguin wrote:
Hedronal wrote:A non-human with us citizenship would still give Keene the precedent he's looking for, merely in another direction. Keene is skilled at manipulation of factors, (including people), so he seems to have covered his bases well.
Very good point.
Then again maybe he's not looking for citizenship, and would take a place as a pet rtaht than being free and equal
Possible, but Jata was the prince of a nation 'so staunchly against the practice of slavery' that Sabrina couldn't be a pet inside their borders. Assuming he was raised both to be royalty, and that far against having pets, why would he want to become one with a non-royal status in USA?
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Grape: Peanut! Hear that? That is the sound of ultimate frustration. My heart made that sound during my last date with Maxie. The cat in black makes it now.

Peanut: The cat in black?

Grape: An African leopard is trying to take her away from her true love, so what else is the cause for ultimate frustration?
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
Gren

Post by Gren »

You know, I think I get now how Tarot managed to live with Sabrina. Her onwer is never home! Maybe he not even know that she lives in his house.
jrh150482 wrote:Grape: Peanut! Hear that? That is the sound of ultimate frustration. My heart made that sound during my last date with Maxie. The cat in black makes it now.

Grape: An African leopard is trying to take her away from her true love, so what else is the cause for ultimate frustration?
Yeah, I don't think she would ever talk with him about that again.
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

She doesn't live with Sabrina, she just hangs out there a lot. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

What's that link? Oh, yeah -- Disgust Without Comment.

One phrase keeps running through my head:
Professor Henry Jones wrote:"We named the dog Indiana."
Last edited by Perfesser_Bear on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sleet wrote:She doesn't live with Sabrina, she just hangs out there a lot. :P
So... she lives in the streets or what? As far as I know she doesn't live with Peanut neither (though she seems to be aiming to that). :lol:
I mean, I know she is some sort of gypsy free spirit not attached to any material possessions but come on, she must have a place to rest at least, unless she prefer to sleep under the stars? or Karishad got her a room in Keene's mansion?
Perfesser_Bear wrote:One phrase keeps running through my head:
But he don't have a dog! And he is not Henry Jones! Unless he appears with a dog named that way. That would be awesome! 8-)
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gren wrote:So... she lives in the streets or what? As far as I know she doesn't live with Peanut neither (though she seems to be aiming to that). :lol:
I mean, I know she is some sort of gypsy free spirit not attached to any material possessions but come on, she must have a place to rest at least, unless she prefer to sleep under the stars? or Karishad got her a room in Keene's mansion?
She commutes to her apartment on the Astral Plane using the astral elevator in Sabrina's house.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gren

Post by Gren »

Argent wrote:
Gren wrote:So... she lives in the streets or what? As far as I know she doesn't live with Peanut neither (though she seems to be aiming to that). :lol:
She commutes to her apartment on the Astral Plane using the astral elevator in Sabrina's house.
For real?
ImageImage
Panther

Post by Panther »

jrh150482 wrote:Grape: Peanut! Hear that? That is the sound of ultimate frustration. My heart made that sound during my last date with Maxie. The cat in black makes it now.

Grape phones to Max . The black cat sneaks on a roof , with a sniper gun , near the mansion then shoots Jata from away when this last is stretching on the balcony :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/10/14/fight-court/
Last edited by Panther on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gren wrote:
Argent wrote:
For real?
My word as a mustelid

Hush you, no, it's rampant speculation. The astral elevator is real though.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Those "Bonk" onomatopoeias really remind me of Scout in Team Fortress 2...
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:What's that link? Oh, yeah -- Disgust Without Comment.

So Sabrina has a 'brother'? Would be great!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Render wrote:
Perfesser_Bear wrote:What's that link? Oh, yeah -- Disgust Without Comment.

So Sabrina has a 'brother'? Would be great!
Just to confirm, that's Henry Jones snr telling Henry Jones Jr to stop calling himself Indiana in 'The Last Crusade'.

And, if he did have a dog? It'd be Mr. Jones' dog, NOT Sabrinas' dads.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

I am honestly not too sure how this is gonna go.

Or how she can get out of this.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Just to confirm, that's Henry Jones snr telling Henry Jones Jr to stop calling himself Indiana in 'The Last Crusade'.

And, if he did have a dog? It'd be Mr. Jones' dog, NOT Sabrinas' dads.
That's only details.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage