Minecraft!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Computer1337

Re: Minecraft!

Post by Computer1337 »

Hi currently dont have any big builds since im trying to get back into the game but i should have soon
in the meantime my sisters wolfs
Attachments
wolfes.jpg
wolfes.jpg (118.12 KiB) Viewed 17708 times
I am unsure of this Sanity you speak of.
I have witnessed a cordless screwdriver! But it needed recharging.
Life is like a broken record sometimes... It gets Really annoying!
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Updated server, new world and stuff, and decided to make it open to the fourmites..
Its running an experimental build of Bukket for now, but w/e.

The address is: Rojoserver.dyndns.org

ImageImage
ImageImage
ReCreate

My Minecraft Server.

Post by ReCreate »

I've created and have been maintaining a minecraft server at my home for some time now. I've set it up good enough and should generally have it ready for public use. Statistical uptime is currently 80% for a monthly average. This server is intended for anyone who is a member at the housepets IRC and me and my friends. However it is not only for them.

Information on my server is available here. http://recreate.newppg.com/minecraft/ I have developed a system for automatically fetching the status and much more information of the server and displaying it on a web page. It is automatically updated every 30 seconds, and if the server goes online, it will be visible within a few minutes. The page also shows other information for your convenience.

Anyways, Enough stuff. The server is currently available directly at recat.dyndns.org or recat.mooo.org and also hamachi if the first two options happen to fail. Information is available at the server information page posted above. It's currently a Minecraft 1.0 Survival server!

The server should handle at least 4 people well if you behave and don't fly around too much. However, I have not tested it thoroughly.

I will also have an image here to show automatically generated information on the server in some time.

The rules for the server are as follows:
Please don't greif. All actions are recorded.
Please be kind, and use common sense.
Don't be destructive to creations.
Please don't cheat excessively. You may use client sided mods to make the game a bit more fun. Like high jumping, POV view of other players(in the case where they don't mind you!) and very fast running and flying. Lets not use ore x-rays or other hacks, yes?

That is all. Hopefully nothing needs to be changed. Revisions and improvements can be made. You may also suggest improvements and revisions to the server itself, too. I'm looking for ways to improve it. Have fun if you decide to play there. If things are broken, please let me know about it.

~ReCreate
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Well. I now have a signature banner thingy for my server. Generated on the fly with up to date information. Though seems like nobody here gives a crap now, so, Yeah. There you go. Some people are now playing on the server, too.

I accidentally spawned an ender dragon yesterday, in the regular world. began FLYING RIGHT THROUGH THE GROUND. Yeah. that's why essentials has the block destroying disabled for that mod. derp.
no longer active, sorry
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Is the dragon ok?
Sent from my conifer.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

It died :U deerp
no longer active, sorry
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

OMG nuuuuuuuu!!!
Sent from my conifer.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Notice: My server, located at recat.dyndns.org and all services (including minecraft that i previously posted here of) had to unexpectedly OFFLINE and unavailable until further notice. Probably, a fairly long time. Upwards of a week. Sorry.

Just so that you all know.
no longer active, sorry
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

What happened to it?
Sent from my conifer.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

yehoshua wrote:What happened to it?
Nothing. I just don't have means of hosting, currently.
no longer active, sorry
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Well, The server is back online again. Currently over a wifi connection now, through hamachi, though. But now on a 50/25MBPS connection. Shrug. If anyone wants to know, to connect, It's network name is "ReCat!" or "092-756-758", no password.
no longer active, sorry
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Well on the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft.. *shot*

I found a pretty good seed. 'Iwantcoal' gives you, as expected, lots of lovely coal. But it also gave me a wonderful spawn near to several biomes, lots of resources near the spawn and for the intrepid miners amongst us lots of gold, diamonds and redstone fairly quick!

The only complaint is the inability to make things for yourself - I want to experiment, not just be able to find a shopping list of resources and have the game do the legwork for me. And the lack of skins, but that would be unfair as it just recently came out.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Achievement Hunter
Things To Do In: Minecraft
Crusher
Surprise!
Spleef
Minesweeper
Let's Play: Minecraft - Plan G

Be wary of strong language (it has Rage Quit)
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7EAdPUqvQ

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, I'm digging a hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, I'm digging a hole

Sing along!
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Achievement Hunter: Let's Play Minecraft - Episode 13
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I am reviving this thread!

Me and Chaokocartoons are currently collaborating on a project of making Babylon gardens in a MC world map. And we know that this will be a large project and so we are recruiting more help to get this project done faster and better. If you would like to either learn more about this project or to join us in making this map then PM either me or him please and Thank you.
Yes, I am a furry.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That sounds awesome if you can pull it off! There's not much canon source for relative locations to work with, though, so you'll have to utilize artistic liberty. Post pictures when you do it!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, the few glimpses of characters houses are what we have to use. Fan suggestions are probably going to have to be the main source cuz I doubt Rick will take the time to describe every location. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

PROJECT MINEPETS! IS ABOUT TO BEGIN CONSTRUCTION!!!
Me and a few other users are about to begin making a Babylon Gardens Minecraft server! If anyone want's to join us, please say so in the fan project section in the topic "Housecraft! (or Minepets!)". Also, if anyone here knows how to make a texture hack for Items please GO TO THE TOPIC AND TELL US!
ImageImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Do you have a layout planned? To my knowledge there's no canon one.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Felphor

Post by Felphor »

Since i am here, les talk about survival games! lol
Who plays, who doesnt, and who doesnt know what is is?
Yeah, I Like Pokemon!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Isn't survival the default mode of Minecraft?
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:Isn't survival the default mode of Minecraft?
Pretty much, depends on people's taste.

On another note, I've pretty much started playing it again.
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I started again with my friends a while back but I think we stopped now. I lost interest in our original server when my friends started slipping into Creative mode. All the progress we made in Survival felt completely pointless. I was so proud of my underground house and the walled city we built until there started being cities under the freaking ocean. It kinda ruined it. :/

We tried a new server as all-Survival, but only a few of us played. We built a mostly-vertical city in the side of a mountain. ^_^
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:I started again with my friends a while back but I think we stopped now. I lost interest in our original server when my friends started slipping into Creative mode. All the progress we made in Survival felt completely pointless. I was so proud of my underground house and the walled city we built until there started being cities under the freaking ocean. It kinda ruined it. :/

We tried a new server as all-Survival, but only a few of us played. We built a mostly-vertical city in the side of a mountain. ^_^

I would really love to play a all survival server with friends, but I don't have that many friends that play minecraft!
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it's more fun than Creative, personally, because your awesome things you make are that much cooler! You didn't just design them, you had to earn the materials and everything!
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:I think it's more fun than Creative, personally, because your awesome things you make are that much cooler! You didn't just design them, you had to earn the materials and everything!
Plus, monsters constantly hunting you down is exciting while you gather resources.
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It also gives you a thing to do. In creative you can build huge things, yeah, but what do you do with them? It also makes "home" a lot cooler when you know your creation makes you safe from monsters.

There needs to be a hardcore mode where you need to make actual fortifications for defending against the constant onslaught of monsters.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I can play the "demo" in school, but its pretty up to date and might be able to connect to external servers. I will let you know when I find a server and finish stealing from the admins there. :lol: (Im a professional, stealing is easy)
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:It also gives you a thing to do. In creative you can build huge things, yeah, but what do you do with them? It also makes "home" a lot cooler when you know your creation makes you safe from monsters.

There needs to be a hardcore mode where you need to make actual fortifications for defending against the constant onslaught of monsters.
Then you go into all the redstone stuff and make it even cooler. Hidden doors, traps and automatic farms!
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That too! I love hiding stuff. And traps. I made a "cake factory" in our town once that just shoots flaming arrows at you when you walk in the door.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I enjoy enchanting and naming random objects. I gave a stick sharpness V and dubbed it "pointy stick" and went slaying everything with it. I also named a book the "improvised Squasher" and beat a spider to death.
My favorite weapon as an admin is a Sharpened, Fire aspect, knockback Snowball I refer to as "rasengan". :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I had a flaming bow with close to unlimited durability I named Foxfire.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

All my weapon names are references to either me or what I am a reference of. My sword is the Pathfinder Blade and my bow is called Kitsunebi. My wolves are also named from one to nine in Japanese, with added colors to boot.
My skin renders me totally invisible in trees too.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:I had a flaming bow with close to unlimited durability I named Foxfire.
They need to add more enchanted arrow types, like ice or something. I think Ice arrows would fit you perfectly. :lol:

I wish updates would come faster!
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I also wish fire arrows actually started fires. It would be much more satisfying. >:3
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:I also wish fire arrows actually started fires. It would be much more satisfying. >:3
Oooooh! I didn't know you were such a pyro!
Make Pasta not war.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Being a pyro is fun. It's even more fun when it doesn't actually damage real world stuff.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dylan wrote:
Sleet wrote:I also wish fire arrows actually started fires. It would be much more satisfying. >:3
Oooooh! I didn't know you were such a pyro!
I feel like it would make wielding the weapon feel more powerful! I'd be careful not to burn down the city!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I fully agree that survival is much more fun than creative. Digging for ressources is what I really like.

The server I am playing on has a nice mixture of creative and survival. The creative part is the shopping system we have, you can sell cobble (for example) for gold and with gold you can buy plenty of thing, like colored wool which is a pain to collect in really large quantities. Also fire does not burn down things and does not spread, so griefing possibilities are limited. But you still have to fight monster or eat.
Despite the fact that I am admin on that server and have possibilities to use the creative mode, I only do it when I build things for the server, like roads in the city or to fix griefs. Mining is so much fun for me, that I am sure to loose interest in the game if I would switch to creative.

Edit: If somebody wants to take a look, you are welcome. Website is http://www.minestar.de the server can be reached via server.minestar.de
But keep in mind that this is a german server, if you are not able to read/write/speak german, your fun may be limited... Most of us can speak english, but the chat usually is in german, just like the website and the forums there.

My nick also is Render and usually I'm online in the evening (german time). If you miss me, just leave a note in hands of another player. :D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage