He’s a good dog at heart

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

He’s a good dog at heart

Post by 44R0NM10 »

yeah, this story takes place during it's a wonderful dogs life arc. This shows what could've been going on though Bino's head during this experiance. This is fanfiction key part of that word fiction.

Also, I'm not sure I got Bino's character right all the way though, but that's why I love the unpredictable character. To me, it seems like Bino is a cross between a jerk and crazy...I went for his crazy theme thoughout the majority of this...kinda like when Fido first came back home...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bino was about to leave his house when his Dad walked down the stairs…

“Bino,” his Dad began “Have you seen Max?”

“Yeah, he left for Peanut’s house to meet with Grape,” Bino opened the door and began to walk out.

“So,” his Dad put his hand on Bino’s shoulder “where are you going?”

Bino looked up to see his Dad’s concerned face.

“I was just gonna go to Fox’s house and hang out a little,” Bino began walking again but was stopped when Jeff tugged back a little on his collar.

“Bino, don’t go out today,” his Dad dragged him back inside “I’m going to get Max,”

As Bino was dragged back into the house, he didn’t have time to say anything before his Dad walked out. Bino ran to the window and saw his Dad walking quickly to where Peanut lived. Bino smiled as he walked over to the front door again. He opened it and walked out slowly, smiling the entire time.

“Not sure what Dad’s on about, but it’s boring in the house,” was the only thought going on though Bino’s head.

Bino walked to the sidewalk and looked straight at Peanut’s house and saw Max walking out, followed by his Dad. He didn’t think twice so just ran forward and hoped he wasn’t seen. Bino would be in trouble if his Dad saw him, especially after he had shown how concerned he was. Bino’s a smart dog, even though his over-reactive imagination made it difficult for others to see. Bino didn’t look where he was running until, BUMP!

“Oh sorry about that,” said a strange voice he hadn’t heard before. He didn’t recognise the strangers scent either.

Bino looked up to see a peculiar man in a brown business suit. He had a weird walking stick and an even weirder moustache. Bino thought he looked very similar to a man on the TV.

Bino didn’t care much for this man, and his first thought was if his Dad saw him so he looked back.

“My, you seem rather protective,” the man continued “do we have a name?”

Bino looked up again. He wasn’t shy, but the man had an unusual scent.

“I’m Bino, founder of the Good Ol’ Dogs’ club,” Bino lied.

“Oh, well I hope my dog king could join, he really needs more doggy friends…” The man began talking.

Bino didn’t think so logically enough to realise he needed some friends because he was new to the neighbourhood. His first thought was ‘why didn’t he have friends?’

“King,” the man continued

“What?” Bino interrupted

The man seemed to smile as he said “His name is King.”

From this Bino already came up with a reason behind why he didn’t have any friends. It was because he acts all high and mighty in front of people belittling them. Bino simply walked on after this ignoring the man altogether. The man walked away giving a small chuckle as he walked. Bino didn’t care. He knew that King couldn’t join the Good ol’ dogs’ club for this reason. He didn’t want anyone bullying the other dogs in the neighbourhood. What sort of name is King anyway? It would only be picked if the Dog acted like a King. Bino sat under a tree and began imagining King.

“His owner looked quite wealthy so he probably has a gold platted collar, and perfect gold hair, and pure white teeth. What breed does royalty like? The queen of England has like four rich Welsh Corgis… he’s probably a Welsh Corgi as well. He probably also talks all posh as well. Maybe he carries English pounds…”

Bino continued to ask himself these questions when he heard grumbling coming from behind the tree. Bino smiled, he smelled Fox. He looked behind the tree and was about to jump when another scent hit him.

“Wait…that scent, it’s similar to that man before…oh no,” Bino thought as he finally looked behind the tree.

He first saw Fox on all fours growling and tugging on his squeaky bone. He was wearing his jacket, which looked similar to that mans. For a second Bino thought that was the other scent, until he saw another dog tugging on the bone. Bino sat back down behind the tree so the dogs couldn’t smell him. The wind was quite strong, and it probably was sending Bino’s scent the opposite direction from Fox and…King.

“Why Fox? Why did you have to fall into his trap? Why wasn’t it me? I could have understood his game before it was too late!” Bino started thinking to himself.

He turned around again because the growling had stopped and saw this…King laughing in the snow.

“King, why did you go for Fox? He is such a good dog, and now you’ve got him in your trap, you won’t let him out! Will you?” Bino truly believed King was trying to separate Fox from the good ol’ dogs’ club.

“Ahahaha! Man, I haven’t had that much fun doing absolutely nothing in a very long time.” A new voice said. Bino was very surprised King didn’t talk very posh like he expected.

“Pff, it’s nothing I just needed to get out of the house while Dad’s fuming.” Fox said, unimpressed

“Huh? What over?” Bino immediately thought.

“Huh? What over?” King immediately said.

“Oh, PETA tried to kidnap me earlier this year, and apparently one of the guys Dad caught escaped from the courthouse on the day of the trial,” Fox said.

Bino realised straight away why his Dad didn’t want him or Max outside. Bino wasn’t scared of anyone though, even if someone did jump him, Fido would come. Quicker then he would for others I mean, they are brothers after all…

“…Even though I have achieved more then him, and if anything he should give me a chance to save him so I could prove to everyone I’m better then him…even though they all love me anyway…except when Fido’s around. I bet it’s his sunglasses…” Bino went on thinking and missed everything else that was said. He didn’t even hear them walk off.

“There you are!” A familiar voice came and surprised Bino “I’ve been worried sick!”

Bino looked up and saw his Dad glaring at him.

“I’ve been looking for you for over an hour! Why didn’t you come back? Where’ve you been?” his Dad pulled him up by the collar.

Bino starred and was lost in thought, as if he was in another world, but then he went conscious again and began laughing. The type of laugh you do when you know you’re in big trouble…but you laugh anyway.

“Hehehehe, erm I was running and ran into the tree because…erm…a man was chasing me with a net but I lost him. But I looked back to see where he was and ran into this tree and knocked myself out…” Bino slowly said, thinking hard about his excuse.

His Dad didn’t say anything and walked away. When he was about 5 metres away he said “You know what Bino, if you wanna stay out, do it…but stop lying to me about it…one day…you might really be in trouble…be back soon, it’s getting late.”

Bino watched him walk off, and then sat down by the tree again. He was angry, not at what his Dad said, but at Fox for falling for King’s tricks. It wasn’t Fox’s fault, but (according to Bino) if anyone was as smart as Bino, it would be Fox. That’s what was annoying him.

“I bet King is getting Fox to trust him, until he becomes a mindless puppet…just like everyone else who follows a king. I need to show Fox the real King before it’s too late…but how?” Bino began to walk home when he had a brilliant idea.

“I’ll make everyone in the good ol’ dogs’ club like him, and then humiliate him! He’ll then react badly enough for him to tell everyone what he is plotting!”

Bino walked back to his house smiling and giggling at how brilliant his plan was, and at the front door was Max.

“What’s happening Bino, you seem slightly crazier then usual,” Max began “It’s because of how close it is to Christmas isn’t it?” Bino looked at Max and thought about telling him about his master plan, but then realised there was no point…he wouldn’t understand it.

“Yeah, that’s the reason…that and I’m gonna finish a prank I started last year…” Bino was thinking about the exploding catnip he originally planned for Peanut.

“No Bino, don’t. Peanut isn’t a cat lover anymore. He’s at item with Tarot,” Max was defending Peanut? Bino starred at Max.

“…you’re defending Peanut? Last year you almost wanted to help me make it.”

“Yeah, but he’s changed. Come on Bino, What did he ever do to you in the first place?”

Bino started yelling “He’s a cat lover and always will be. There’s no place here for cat lovers! What’ll you do if I suddenly blurted out ‘I love Grape’ when…?”

Bino just realised how loud he was. He looked around and noticed Peanut was standing across the road…luckily he was the only person. Bino turned back to Max who was trying not to laugh… badly. Bino then turned back to Peanut who looked like his heart missed a beat.

“You didn’t hear anything Peanut!” Bino yelled then walked inside…only to be mocked further by Max’s laughter. Bino walked upstairs and pretended not to hear Max.

“What a day…” Bino signed and rested on his Dad’s bed. “First I find the new dog, King, is trying to make Fox a mindless puppet, and now this…stupid Max.”

Bino had plans from last year of how to make the exploding catnip…

“This year I can go to that other cat, Fester, to get the catnip. I’m doing this for Fox…not me, but for Fox. He needs to understand what King is planning before its too late. I don’t think I should tell him though…I’ll wait until after the party.”

-During the party-

“I’m here…I made the exploding catnip. There’s King sitting in the corner so the other dogs will go to him…like royalty…I’ve had enough! Fox needs to know, he needs proof, and I’m here to show it him.”

Bino fully convinced himself the only was to save Fox was to make him see the real King.

“Hi King!” Bino said while passing him a present “I hope we can be the best of friends!”

King looked rather surprised as he took the present off Bino. “You didn’t have to…” King began.

“No, no, no…I really HAD to,” Bino smiled as King began opening the gift.

“I’m really thankful there are dogs like you and Fox in this neighbourhood…” King looked at Bino with large, thankful eyes.

Bino looked right passed those eyes and at the present when…

BANG!

Bino couldn’t contain his excitement. He said the first thing that came to his head.

“Ha! Gotcha good, didn’t I, shorty?!” Bino yelled.

“WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!” Fox threatened Bino.

Bino was slightly surprised at King’s reaction, but he was angrier with Fox for not understanding he did this for him! Bino didn’t want Fox to know King’s plans until he had proof. If he said something now, King might not say anything.

“What do you think? A guy Named King walking around like he owns the place?”

“I’m getting sick of your attitude! Not everyone who disagrees with you publicly is vying for your position!”

Bino just continued saying what he’d normally say, to prove King to be a fake, and himself, right.

“Oh you wanna say that to my face?”

“I AM SAYING IT TO YOUR FACE!”

“You’re always saying it to my face. You’re all like ‘Bino we shouldn’t pick on Peanut’ but you go along with me anyway!”

“That’s because you’re my friend! Though sometimes I seriously wonder why…”

“Censored!!!”King screamed at the top of his lungs.

Bino was hoping this would happen, and now it was he tried to smile, but found himself unable to.

“I have had up to here with you animals! I can’t stand your pettiness your short sightedness, your inability to see the world past your noses! Every time I try and be a nice person you turn on me without a thought! I’ve had it!”

“King,” Fox began.

“Shut up! I’m going home! Fox Stop following me!”

Bino couldn’t help but smile at this response. “It was perfect! King didn’t tell Fox his master plan, but he’s gonna come off as a total jerk, and nobodies gonna want to join him! Especially Fox, so I have saved him after all.”

Bino hadn’t learnt anything. He was fully convinced he was helping everyone.

“What’s his problem?” Rex said

“No matter what I say, he’ll be the biggest jerk here tonight; I can get away with this.” Bino thought.

“Napoleon complex. I’m sure of it!”

“I succeeded. I showed everyone how good I am with making catnip bombs, and I saved everyone from King’s illusion. I’m a genius!” Bino couldn’t help but appreciate himself, “but now I’d better tell everyone the truth behind King.”

--Editors note, I didn’t want to use much violence…but I couldn’t think of any other way of showing this…especially since Fox isn’t the violent type.--

Bino turned around to be greeted with a punch in the face. The one who he tried so hard to please was the one who hit him. Bino fell onto the floor, and felt a great pain in his leg. Fox began bending it. As Bino reached out to push Fox off him, but it was repelled. Fox twisted Bino’s hand around and then punched Bino in the face again. Bino was knocked out.

Bino woke up again in hospital. It was morning and his brothers Joey and Fido were the only ones in the room.

“Your awake,” Fido began “You’ve been out for two days now…”

Bino looked at his arm and leg, they weren’t so painful. With his left hand he touched his nose, it was broken.

“What happened?” Bino asked who honestly had little memory of what happened.

“Fox went into rage after you made such remarks about his new friend, King,” Fido explained “He’s broke your nose, and twisted your right ankle and elbow. The doctors here helped you a bit, but you’d nose will take time to recover.

“I…I deserved this didn’t I?” Bino looked down, realising what he did to King…forgetting why he did it in the first place.

“I’m not going to lie Bino…you did, and we aren’t eliminating Fox’s position on the police force because of this.” Fido answered.

“What was I thinking? I can’t even remember…Now I’ve lost a really good friend,” Bino looked down.

“Erm, Bino…” Joey started “We…we can’t change the past…but we can change the future.”

Bino looked up and smiled at Joey.

“Your right. I need to introduce myself to King again, and start from scratch! I’m a dog of the people! I should be there for them when they feel down, not attacking them for any random reason.” Bino stopped and realised this wasn’t about him…

“Did I embarrass King only for a quick laugh? I managed to drive such a nice dog like Fox into rage…and all he wanted was to make one new dog happy. Loads of things have been changing for King lately, and all Fox wanted to do was make it easy for him…and I saw an easy prank victim. I’d understand if you guys wanted to elect me out of the family…I’ve been a complete jerk.” Bino looked down.

Fido smiled and put his hand on Bino’s shoulder.

“Its times like this I’m proud to call you my brother,” He truthfully said.

“You’re a good dog at heart,” Joey walked over and smiled.

“Thanks…you guys are the best,” Bino smiled as a tear rolled down his eye.

“I’m surprised this kid’s your brother Fido,” Spo whispered “He’s nothing like you!”

“Thanks for not spoiling the moment Spo,” Fido whispered back.
ChewyChewy

Re: He’s a good dog at heart

Post by ChewyChewy »

Okay, that was an interesting take on the story, but I didn't like the way it ended--it was too happy. :P

Other than that, though, you seemed to write him in character well enough, and provide a good interpretation of what was going on through Bino's mind--although I wouldn't think that Pete would have had anything to do with that. But for the most part, well done! I particularly liked the part with Bino talking to Max there.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

ChewyChewy wrote:Okay, that was an interesting take on the story, but I didn't like the way it ended--it was too happy. :P

Other than that, though, you seemed to write him in character well enough, and provide a good interpretation of what was going on through Bino's mind--although I wouldn't think that Pete would have had anything to do with that. But for the most part, well done! I particularly liked the part with Bino talking to Max there.
thanks a lot, especially for the constructive criticism. By the way I put Pete in there so Bino would know a small amount about King before meeting him, even if it was only his name. Also the bit with Max...I just thought it'd be funny if somebody thinks of him as a cat lover...funniest person to think that would be Peanut.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

44R0NM10 wrote:thanks a lot, especially for the constructive criticism. By the way I put Pete in there so Bino would know a small amount about King before meeting him, even if it was only his name. Also the bit with Max...I just thought it'd be funny if somebody thinks of him as a cat lover...funniest person to think that would be Peanut.
You're welcome. :)

Yeah, that part about Peanut overhearing sounded like it came straight out of the comic. ;)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

This was pretty good, and it featured pretty much all my favorite characters. Well written as well. Good job!
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

Hey, not bad! Made me laugh for sure. Nicely done.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

did bino just admit he was wrong?
how is this so
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

thanks for all the comments :D .
Ebly wrote:did bino just admit he was wrong?
how is this so
Bino goes to the hospital often in the comics...or at least more often then the other characters. Each time he's in the hospital, he wakes with his friends (who were: Fido, Fox and Rex) standing over him. Here he learned something and here he forgot what he was thinking...even if it was just reflection. In the first link Bino admits to being wrong somewhat, and in many strips Fox and Bino are hanging out. Put these facts togeather, and I'm quite sure Bino would be really sad, more then enough to admit he was wrong.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Ebly wrote:did bino just admit he was wrong?
how is this so
Bino goes to the hospital often in the comics...or at least more often then the other characters. Each time he's in the hospital, he wakes with his friends (who were: Fido, Fox and Rex) standing over him. Here he learned something and here he forgot what he was thinking...even if it was just reflection. In the first link Bino admits to being wrong somewhat, and in many strips Fox and Bino are hanging out. Put these facts togeather, and I'm quite sure Bino would be really sad, more then enough to admit he was wrong.
hi, i am ebly
that was a joke
ebly makes many jokes
we move on now
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

I was wondering... How long have you been a moderator here? From some of your really old posts it appeared that you weren't a moderator. Have you always been one? And if possible, How did you get promoted to being a moderator? (and if you think this should have been sent via PM just pm the reply and i'll delete the post :roll: )
Edit: WOO 70 POSTS
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Nice story, I can see why you like Bino so much, never thought of him that way before.
And also a unique spin in forming the characters in your own opinion. :)
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

I like it
Bixlow Approved
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

thanks for the positive comments!
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Very nice story! though the black bars threw me off a little its alright though ;)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

heh, sorry about the black bars/spolier tags but thanks for the positive comment!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Really liked it, a fine insight of Bino :D
Heh, you know the funniest thing about your story? That in my series, I ended up giving Bino the same reasons you came up with for his jealousy towards King...
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

valerio wrote:Really liked it, a fine insight of Bino :D
Heh, you know the funniest thing about your story? That in my series, I ended up giving Bino the same reasons you came up with for his jealousy towards King...

Come to think of it, that's ironic.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

44R0NM10 wrote: Bino started yelling “He’s a cat lover and always will be. There’s no place here for cat lovers! What’ll you do if I suddenly blurted out ‘I love Grape’ when…?”

Bino just realised how loud he was. He looked around and noticed Peanut was standing across the road…luckily he was the only person. Bino turned back to Max who was trying not to laugh… badly. Bino then turned back to Peanut who looked like his heart missed a beat.

“You didn’t hear anything Peanut!” Bino yelled then walked inside…only to be mocked further by Max’s laughter. Bino walked upstairs and pretended not to hear Max.
ROFLMAO!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

hehe, thanks for the positive feedback!

Also, irony is probably one of my favorite things so I'm glad of the irony beheind you and me Valerio! Awesome!
valerio

Post by valerio »

44R0NM10 wrote:hehe, thanks for the positive feedback!

Also, irony is probably one of my favorite things so I'm glad of the irony beheind you and me Valerio! Awesome!
You might want to check the next installment of my series: it will be centered on Bino and Sasha.
I know the translabots don't do justice to my work, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.
*starts working on episode 7*
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I will, along with reading the rest of your series (I've been planning to, really...but until recently I didn't know google toolbar could translate without leaving the page)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

valerio wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:hehe, thanks for the positive feedback!

You might want to check the next installment of my series: it will be centered on Bino and Sasha.
I know the translabots don't do justice to my work, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.
*starts working on episode 7*
yay Sasha!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey