Housepets: Matches

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Teh Brawler

Housepets: Matches

Post by Teh Brawler »

Guuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss what time it is! That's right, I'm writing again! I got this idea last night while I couldn't sleep, and I really wanted to try it out. This is a noncanon continuation of Sasha's story after she stayed with King on Christmas. It's going to be shorter than my others, so I'll finish it up tonight. Lastly, yes, I know I haven't written about a main character yet; I'm doing that intentionally. So, Hobey-ho, let's go (kudos to the person who can name the book series where that came from :D )

All characters, scenarios, and places mentioned are affiliated with Housepets! and are owned by Rick Griffin, and are not being used for profit or slander.

"Sasha, Sweetie, come to daddy!"
"DADDY!"
"That's my little girl! Oof, haha, you're getting big!"
"But not too big to be picked up by you!"
"Haha, very true!"
"I love you, Daddy."
"I love you, too, Sasha. Unfortunately...."
"....Daddy?"
"I have to go, sweetie."
"Daddy, where're you going?"
"....."
"Daddy?"
"Goodbye, Sasha."
"Daddy???"
"Goodbye...."
"Daddy! Don't go!!!!"
"Goodbye....."

"DADDY!!!!!!!!"
Sasha woke up in a cold sweat, ironic for the cold weather. She sat up, breathing heavily, and looked around, regaining awareness of her surroundings. It was Christmas morning. That dog that smelled like a cat and nitro was gone, but he had left their impromptu newspaper blanket with her.
She stood up, and brushed the snow off of her legs and back, where she could reach. She then stetched and yawned, and surveyed the area. The snow was still thick and beautiful; the only blemish was her own imprint caused by her sleep. The morning sun glistened off of the Christmas decorations and the snow, making the whole neighborhood seem brighter, which mixed well with the silence that was only broken by the excited laughter of children running outside to play with their new toys. Sasha smiled; she had always liked children. So small and happy, and they always loved to play.
It was still rather early, so most if not all of the dogs would be celebrating with their owners and families. Oh yeah, Sasha thought, I bet Daddy has breakfast ready. she began to skip lightly in the direction of her house. Mr. Truman was a serious man during the daytime, but he always made sure that Sasha was well fed. It was one of the few sources of affection that he still gave to Sasha, that and the presents that would be under the tree. Of course, he would be at work by the time she got around to opening them. But she didn't really mind, it was still nice to know that he cared enough to buy them for her.
"That was a strange dream I had," she mumbled to herself. She didn't really remember much of it, but she knew that it hadn't been pleasant. "Oh well; it doesn't help to dwell on it." Dwelling on the negative had never really appealed to Sasha, since, after all, the negative never helped you get anywhere. Unfortunately, this philosophy often backfired on her: included in "negatives" was ignorance. Sasha often went to complete tasks without any real knowledge of what was going on, and often botched them up in consequence. Like the time she had mistaken her father's whiskey for toilet water. Bino hadn't ever really trusted her with getting refreshments after that, and her father.....well, let's just say Sasha didn't like belts much anymore.
"Oops," Sasha mumbled as she realized she had wandered into the forest by mistake. She turned to go back, but was quickly enticed by the fresh pristine snow that blanketed the oak trees. Feeling rambunctious, she decided to play in it before heading back. She laughed, diving head first into a snowbank and swimming through the cold crystals. She popped up and laughed, startling a squirrel, who cried, "Oi! Whu's the big iudea??" and ran off, mumbling about how things had gone downhill ever since the "Opener of Ways" had left. Sasha really didn't understand him, but continued to play in the snow, laughing and smiling. It reminded her how much she loved to play, and made her almost wish she had a brother. But, wait, didn't she almost.......
A clump of snow fell off the branch above Sasha's head, surprising her and pulling her back to reality. "Oh, I've got to get back home!" she said, hurrying back towards her house. Suddenly, a gust of wind shot by her, causing her to shiver and hold her arms. By doing so, however, her scarf came undone, and was taken by the wind. "Oh no!" Sasha cried, chasing after it.
The scarf didn't fly very far, but instead landed in a snowbank by the sidewalk. She ran up to it and pulled it out. She gazed at the scarf, thinking about when her mother had given it to her on her first Christmas.

"Here, Sasha. This one is for you."
"Oh, goody! What is it?"
"Open it up and see!"
".......Oh, wow! My very own scarf!"
"I made it myself. I noticed how you liked mine so much, so I made this one so you could match."
"Thank you so much, Mama! I love it! I'll take good care of it!"
"I know you will, Sasha."
"I love you, Mama!"
"I love you, too, Sweetheart."

As that memory played in her head, a million others just like all followed. They were all memories dealing with Sasha's mother, Mrs. Truman, and they were all memories that she had been suppressing for a long time. As they flowed by, she remembered how much her mother had meant to her, and how happy her father had been, having her as a wife.
As the flow of memories ebbed, Sasha reached the last one, the one she dreaded to remember, but the flow was too strong to suppress this time. And so, the memory came into view; a white hospital hall appeared in her mind's eye.

"Daddy, it's been so long. Where's Mama?"
"Sasha, Honey....Mama's not coming."
"What? Why? What about my new baby brother?"
"Sasha......I........."
"Daddy?"
"Oh, Sasha....."
"Daddy? What's wrong, Daddy? Why are you crying? Daddy?"

And with that memory finished, the flow stopped, but another flow started. It was a flow that had been suppressed for a long time, just like the flow of memories, but this flow was made of tears. Tears that had been hidden behind a happy smile and a distracted composure, tears that had only been cried once before, and not nearly enough. First they came in a slow trickle, but as Sasha continued to look at the scarf, the tears began to come more and more profusely.
Sasha sat down on the sidewalk once more, and began to sob, holding the scarf tightly against her chest as her philosophy backfired once again.

Last edited by Teh Brawler on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Re: Matches

Post by Ebly »

Woop! More writing from Brawlyboy!

(hahaha, i HAVE read it and it IS good and i DO like it. Take -THAT-!)
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
2MKc

Post by 2MKc »

Oh my..... :cry:

I hope this story had a happy ending.

Maybe a young girl adopt Sasha, that would be better.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

2MKc wrote:Oh my..... :cry:

I hope this story had a happy ending.

Maybe a young girl adopt Sasha, that would be better.
Sorry, I'm not going to go that far. I kinda like the way it ended; it gives depth to Sasha's character. But then again, I wrote it, so I really don't have much of a say, huh? :P

EDIT: Yeesh, does that sound as self conceited as I think it does after rereading it?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Icharus

Re: Houspets: Matches

Post by Icharus »

I like this story.
Short and sweet, and very "awwww-inspiring".
The Game

Re: Housepets: Matches

Post by The Game »

Nice story dude, but a bit sad. 5 stars :)
>_>
<_<
I wonder what's really happened to Sasha....
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

All and all, this was thoroughly enjoying to read. Bravo good man :D
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Danke.

EDIT: OH CRAP NO ONE WORD POSTS ERR UM WHAT DO I SAY HERE.........PICKLES! Ok, that's better. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
2MKc

Post by 2MKc »

Teh Brawler wrote: EDIT: OH CRAP NO ONE WORD POSTS
Well, why can't you just write more of this story? then everyone will post more in your topic.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

2MKc wrote:Well, why can't you just write more of this story? then everyone will post more in your topic.
'Cuz that's my whole story......
No, but seriously, I was just poking fun at myself. I'm going to take a break form fanfics for awhile to work on other things I have, but when I come back, I'll write something that'll be even better than Dean's fanfic.
(Yeah, right, who am I kidding? The guys a master at writing :P )
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Is this ever going to be coninued? D:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

wow, amazing! A* performance!

Never thought I'd like a story about Sasha because of how likely it'll be to be sad, but this says overwise! Nice job!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Haha, thanks. Just something small I wrote. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Does that mean you're not going to continue it? D:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
valerio

Post by valerio »

that would be too bad. It was going to get interesting... :(
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ReCreate wrote:Does that mean you're not going to continue it? D:
Aww man D:
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sorry, guys, no continuing. This is just a short story, and it will remain as such (unless some idea for a continuation pops into my head).

*idea for continuation pops into head*

......Crap.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
valerio

Post by valerio »

I managed to stimulate your dog side.
You'll get biscuits. :mrgreen:
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

valerio wrote:I managed to stimulate your dog side.
You'll get biscuits. :mrgreen:
Well, my idea isn't so much of adding to this story, but using this story as a basis for another one. Call this one a prequel, of sorts.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aww
Better than nothing I guess...
You still get biscuits
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

valerio wrote:Aww
Better than nothing I guess...
You still get biscuits
Don't worry, I guarantee you you'll like my idea. As soon a I finish Frantic Forest Fratelli, I'll get on it.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Teh Brawler wrote:\. So, Hobey-ho, let's go (kudos to the person who can name the book series where that came from :D )

PENDREAGON!PENDRAGON!PENDRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post by 0404 »

warning ya, Please don't make me cry...