Housepets: Taking Care of Business

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Teh Brawler

Housepets: Taking Care of Business

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, its October, and I've been itching to write another fanfic again. So, I'm starting another one! Woo! Please hold your rotten vegetables until the end of the story.

I'm going to do the updating thing like last time, because I just don't have time to write a whole story in one sitting. And, noncanon. Gotta include that.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the second of my fanfics.

DISCLAIMER
*All scenarios, characters, and the Housepets! theme are owned by Rick Griffin. I do not claim ownership of any of these, and am not using them for profit or libel.*

-------------

Fido sat in the passenger seat of the police car he was in. It had been a long day; a couple of drug busts, some speeding tickets, and one very angry cat up a tree. Fido rubbed his temples as he recalled the cat. Sheesh, I still can't believe we needed three cops and the fire department for that one, he thought. I guess the lesson there is be very careful what you eat.
Mild fatigue kicked in, and Fido laid back in the seat, closing eyes. The cat had been jet black, which reminded him of another cat, one much closer to him. Sabrina.....
It had been so long since he had really gotten a chance to spend time with her. There was Christmas, and a couple of dates after that, but with his job, he had been really busy. He thought back to Christmas night. She had been laying in his arms while they watched the snow fall. He could almost feel her silky fur in his paws. She had looked up at him and smiled, and he had known that this was the pet he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Then, she had snuggled her head into his chest and said, "Merry Christmas, Fido."

Merry Christmas, Sabrina.........

The officer driving suddenly slammed on the brakes as the police radio came to life. Fido flew forward, his forehead slamming into the dashboard, stunning him for a second. As he checked to make sure his sunglasses weren't broken, he began to listen to the radio.

"...enty-four thirty-six. I repeat, we have a twenty-four thirty-six. All officers report to 3581 Elm Street immediately. "

Fido looked at Officer Carlton, who was driving. Officer Carlton nodded, understanding the code, and Fido translated.

"Hostage situation."

Without speaking, Officer Carlton hit the gas, and the two sped off towards Elm Street. Hostage situations around Babylon Gardens were rare, but never pretty. This worried Fido. Could it be a human that tried to steal a pet? Or was a pet trying holding a human hostage? Both were possible. And with all the wild animals around.......
Fido began think about Spo. After all, he was technically a wild animal. Fido had left him at home this shift. He had been really annoying lately, and Fido didn't want to deal with him. He had felt guilty about it earlier, but now he was really glad he had left the mouse at home. He couldn't stand the thought of Spo getting hurt; as much as the mouse annoyed him, Spo had gained a special place in Fido's heart. Having a small animal sitting on his head, making wisecracks was actually one of his highlights of the day. Which is why Fido felt relieved that he wasn't there.
The car barreled down the road and swerved onto Elm Street, coming to a quick stop at a house surrounded by more police cars.The two jumped out and hurried to their respective positions. Fido came up next to sergeant Ralph and glanced at the fellow officer. "What've we got here?" The dog sighed, and closed his eyes solemnly. "A pack of Ferals broke into this house to find food. When the owners came home, the group attacked, taking them hostage. Now they're holding them ransom for the freedom to leave without detainment and a two month's supply of food for the whole pack."
Fido sighed. "How long have negotiations been going?"
"For about twenty minutes. We haven't gotten passed the point of panicked threatening yet, so we're working to calm them down at the moment. All we dogs can do is wait until we're needed."
Fido looked down out of solemnity and sat down. He took off his sunglasses and flipped them in his hands. It was a desperate situation. A human had been killed by ferals in a neighborhood not ten miles from there a couple of years back; in other words, it wasn't pretty. Suddenly, Fido smiled slightly. I wonder how Bino would react in this situation. Fido chuckled quietly, remembering how Bino had gotten kicked out of the training school. It was probably for the best; Bino's actions are mostly based off of the view of his peers, and he could be bold and arrogant in the worst way possible when it was needed the least. Even so, Fido loved his brother. While Bino could be a complete jerk, he was still family. The memory of when Bino had kicked Peanut out the Good Ol' Dogs Club came to mind. Man, if Bino kicked Peanut out for that, I can't imagine how he'd react if he found out my secret, Fido thought, laughing out loud at the idea. He noticed Sergeant Ralph giving him a weird look, became serious again. Now wasn't the time to be laughing; it was a serious situation, and if one of the ferals inside heard laughter, the whole group could do something extreme out of panic. No, now is the time to focus.

A couple hours had passed, and while both groups had a good grasp on the situation, no middle ground had been found yet.The sun had begun to set, and the local news station was covering the situation. Fido was pacing in front of a van that had come earlier, worried. Things were going to get difficult if no one came to a conclusion soon. It was becoming almost unbearable. Worried citizens were standing nearby. Fido glanced at them, and locked eyes with a small girl. Her eyes were filled with confused sadness, and suddenly, Joey's face jumped out at Fido. The struggles Joey went through: his jerk of an older brother, Bino; the odd isolation from other dogs he seemed to have. Fido could only guess why he didn't socialize with the other dogs. Maybe he's got a secret of his own, Fido thought. Either way, though, it made him feel sad and guilty when he thought about his brother. I think I'll go see him again when I can next, he thought.
Suddenly, there was scream from the house. Fido turned, shocked, and ran towards the front door, as multiple officers, both human and dog, sprinted in the same direction. Fido reached the door first, but just as he was about to open the door, someone within the house cried out, "No one had better come inside, or I'll make sure no one in this house comes out alive!" Panicked mumbling followed: "What the heck are you talking about??" "Come on, man, we've got to get out of here!" Then yelling: "SHUT UP! Things have changed now! You hear that, cops? I'll kill every single person and animal in this house if any one of you so much as puts a foot in the door!" Fido paused, and called back. "Hold on now, sir. We can sort this out. If you would just calm dow-" "SCREW YOU! I'm not negotiating anymore!!!" A gunshot sounded, followed by a scream. "That was the roof, cop! Next is the girl's brains unless you freaking STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR AND GO HOME!!!!!" More muffled cries came. "This has gone too far, man! We're not helping you out anymore!" "Yeah, you've gone off the deep end, man! We'd rather go with the cops!" "FINE THEN! I'LL KILL EVERY ONE OF YOU! YOU TRAITORS!!!!" At that point, Fido burst through the door and ran over, tackling the animal with the gun, a black dog. He yelled out, "Get down!!!" and turned in the air, slinging the dog around and throwing him on the ground. However, the spiraling motion caused the dog's hand with the gun in it to hit the floor. Fido locked eyes with the black dog, and a loud explosion rang in his ears. He felt a pain in his side, and began to lose consciousness. As his eyes lost focus, he heard someone scream, "Fido!!!" and then blacked out.

Ugh, what happened? I feel like I got hit with a truck. "Ah, Fido, good to see you coming to. How do you feel?"

Fido opened his eyes and found himself in a white room. As he gained orientation, he realized he was laying in a hospital bed. The doctor smiled at his gradual awareness.
"You're lucky the bullet went where it did. It only pierced your side slightly. No, it was the impact of your head hitting the ground that did most of the damage."
Urgh, bullet? What bull- Suddenly, Fido remembered. "No, the standoff! What happened? I've got to get back there right now!" He tried to get up, but the doctor refused. "Everything's been settled. You've actually been here all night, so everything's been taken care of." The doctor walked to the door and opened it up. "And besides, you have company."
Suddenly, a wave of pets poured into the room. Fido's bed was surrounded, and a situation similar to when he came back from Police Academy ensued.

"Fido! Thank Heaven you're ok!"

"You're a hero, dude! Tackling that guy!"

"We love you, Fido!"

"Three cheers for Fido!"

"Whoa, guys! Please, it's not that big of a deal!" Fido called. However, the pets had already gotten too excited, and began pouring out to go get a party going. Still, four pets were left: Joey, Bino, Sabrina, and Spo. He stared at them, and smiled. "What, not gonna join in on the party?"
Bino snorted. "Last time I 'partied', I got whacked over the head with a frying pan." He turned and closed his eyes. "Besides, gotta make sure my idiot older brother is alright."
Fido smiled again, and pulled his two brothers on the bed with him in a hug. "You two are amazing. Don't ever change. He then looked at Bino, and said, "On second thought, Joey, you never change. Bino, feel free to change any time soon."
Spo climbed onto Fido's head and sighed. "I missed this spot." He then grabbed Bino's ear. "Come on, dog, let's part-ay!" Pulling Bino' head across the bed, he headed for the door. Bino put Spo in his hand, not very gently, and headed out, Joey following.
Fido looked at Sabrina. "Thought about you today," he said.
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah, really."
"No way."
He smiled, and pulled her into a hug. She curled up in his arms and began to purr.
"You had me worried, you old police dog. Can you imagine what I would have done if you had died?"
Fido nuzzled her neck with his snout. "I have an idea."
Sabrina smiled. "Well, let it be a lesson to you."
Fido smiled again and closed his eyes. He began to fall asleep again, but not before thinking one last thought.
I'm one lucky dog to have the friends and family that I do.
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Re: Housepets: Taking Care of Business

Post by Ebly »

so my only question so far is thus:
what is a twenty-four thirty-six, really?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Ebly wrote:so my only question so far is thus:
what is a twenty-four thirty-six, really?
Hostage situation apparently.
Make Pasta not war.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

I'm not sure if the references to "Die Hard" where by mistake or you put them there on purpose. either way i just laughed a little.

what what? Jolly good time.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sorry, I picked random numbers for that, and as for the "Die Hard" References, I have to admit that I've never seen the movies, so that was a coincidence.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I've been busy. But another fanfic is coming to an end, in time. This is an update, but its one of the last ones.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I wanted to finish this up in one last edit, since I haven't touched it in a loooooooooooong time, but I'm way too tired at the moment. So, tomorrow.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

I so totally l-o-v-e-d this fanfic!! Please write more!!
PS- Love how its a Fido story
you don't see that may around
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

The Game wrote:I so totally l-o-v-e-d this fanfic!! Please write more!!
PS- Love how its a Fido story
you don't see that may around
...but I haven't finished it yet.......
Thanks anyways

EDIT: NOW it's done (and FINALLY, if I do say so myself)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
valerio

Post by valerio »

Liked this too!!
Good work, here, Brawler! :D :D
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Epic bump is epic.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Good work, there Brawler. And this I add a bump. ^^
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm curious why all of my completed fanfics have been read all of a sudden. :lol:

SERIOUSLY ARE YOU PEOPLE STALKING ME
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

YES! I am watching you Brawler, watching your EVERY MOVEMENT! *mohaha*
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Tobee wrote:YES! I am watching you Brawler, watching your EVERY MOVEMENT! *mohaha*
Did you even read it, Tobee, or are you just looking for an excuse to freak me out? :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

You will never know, now will you?
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Tobee wrote:You will never know, now will you?
You're still a geek, Tobees. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Arrgh... Well played, Brawer, well played.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm curious why all of my completed fanfics have been read all of a sudden. :lol:

SERIOUSLY ARE YOU PEOPLE STALKING ME
nah, it's just that I finally decided to read all the stuff.