SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Scratch blinked at him, pausing a moment to go over the logistics in her head. She finally asked, "Tavern... You mean Wasting Time? How..." she thought, "Ok... When was this? Was Remus there?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"He was distracted with customers at the time, I think, he answered. "She was grabbing drinks from behind the bar herself, so she didn't need to talk to him. And she kinda left in a hurry before I got her name. this was right before I talked to you for the first time."
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded thoughtfully, pulling out her notebook, "Huh..." she started scribbling something absently, "That... Sounds like an interesting lead... You think you could go into more detail? Like, did she look like she was avoiding Remus? Which way did she enter and exit? And what'd she take? You remember any of that?" she looked at him and tapped her head with the pencil, "Think about it: close your eyes and try to go back to the moment. Picture it in your mind..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:"O-oh. Okay." The fox nodded.
"So where do you want to check first?"
- The door to the north was closed. The skunk at the desk had informed the two it led into a hallway where all the rooms were located. Maybe Trip went into one of the rooms?
- The smell of the small diner seemed inviting too. It's possible he got a bite to eat.
Harrison wrote:Behind Harrison's hand came the grunt equivalent of a reluctant yes, though the racoon's glare made it more than apparent that this issue wasn't going to be dropped.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch nodded thoughtfully, pulling out her notebook, "Huh..." she started scribbling something absently, "That... Sounds like an interesting lead... You think you could go into more detail? Like, did she look like she was avoiding Remus? Which way did she enter and exit? And what'd she take? You remember any of that?" she looked at him and tapped her head with the pencil, "Think about it: close your eyes and try to go back to the moment. Picture it in your mind..."
"Let's see," he said thinking back. "I already said what she looked like. She seemed pretty carefree for someone who was supposed to be dead. said she was relaxing before work. She was drinking some blue drink, it was pretty good. Then she rushed out like she had to be somewhere, I assumed she had to get back to work. That's all I remember."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian thought for a moment and sighed, there where two possibilities, and if he chose one, then Trip might move from the other... the only choice WAS to split up "We will have to split up... But promise you will meet me right back here ok..." he looked to Samaki hopefully, holding out his crystal "This is incase we get separated, its a token to show no matter how far apart we are, I will do my best to find you"
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote:Behind Harrison's hand came the grunt equivalent of a reluctant yes, though the racoon's glare made it more than apparent that this issue wasn't going to be dropped.
The half-wolf nodded, removing his paw from the raccoon's mouth.
"No need to thank me for my time, young chap, the pleasure was all mine!" Harrison said, smiling and tipping his hat. "Now excuse me, for I have a meeting to attend to. Farewell!"
The canine left the raccoon and headed for his destination.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Let's see," he said thinking back. "I already said what she looked like. She seemed pretty carefree for someone who was supposed to be dead. said she was relaxing before work. She was drinking some blue drink, it was pretty good. Then she rushed out like she had to be somewhere, I assumed she had to get back to work. That's all I remember."
Scratch nodded with a furrowed brow, scribbling in the notebook, "I see... So... That could be a few interesting twists..." she tapped the pencil against the side of her muzzle, "Hmm... still pretty weird... And you're sure that's all?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"absolutely sure," Flynn nodded
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch sighed, "Alright then, thanks for the help...", finishing her scribbling and putting the notebook and pencil back in her collar. She glanced up at the job board again, "Well then... You got any other plans for the day?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"well, I was going to meet a guy here for a job at 3, and buy a room at the inn tonight, but other than that, I'm free."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch glanced back at him, "Three? How long until then?"
She kept looking over the job board, wondering if anything, crossed out or otherwise, would pop out as being particularly interesting...

(( Hai Roarin. ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I actually have no idea how they tell time here," Flynn replied. "I'll have to ask someone."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded, still looking at the job board, leaning in and looking straight at the title of each post which had been crossed out, seeing if she'd catch something good. (( Roarin ))
"Huh... Too bad I don't keep a watch: out on the rez, we just guessed the time by the sun. It never mattered much more than that..."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scratch wrote:Of all the ones Scratch could manage to read, none of them seemed helpful.
"Find this item."
"I need help with _____"
"Looking for someone that can ____" Was basically what most of them said. No helpful information could be found.
Ian wrote:"Okay.... The fox nodded, taking it gently. I'll make sure I won't lose it.". He paused as if wanting to say something else, and in a spur of the moment gesture gave the dog a quick hug. "I'll meet you back here.". He said, and walked into the diner, his tail swaying once before disappearing through the door.
Well... Guess that leaves the hallway to Ian.
Harrison wrote:Arriving at the town square the canine saw three things.
- A large fountain adorning the middle of the square. It was three levels high with water gushing from the top and steadily flowing down to the lower levels. It was made of some sort of stone and blue crystal like objects seemed to be embedded around the rim of each level. Though the fountain was large it still left enough room around the square for carts to pass by.
- A old looking caravan which resembled the likeness of those that were probably on the Oregon Trail. It looked sturdy and that was probably a good thing considering a bear was occupying it. It looked like it was a general wares shop.
- A stand that had a sign atop it in the shop of a mail envelope. Two small pigeon-like birds could be seen perched on the sign, bickering about something.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian gave a slight blush, maybe there was something there... especially if he trusted Samaki with that... next time he had a dream he would have to confront his "player", but as of now he stepped foot into the hallway, beginning his search for Trip, or perhaps even Trip's father, he had to ensure the small pup's safety
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch nodded, still looking at the job board, leaning in and looking straight at the title of each post which had been crossed out, seeing if she'd catch something good. (( Roarin ))
"Huh... Too bad I don't keep a watch: out on the rez, we just guessed the time by the sun. It never mattered much more than that..."
"It doesn't even seem like they use traditional watches here," Flynn said. "When I ask the time, the people look at some weird glowing stone on their wrist."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:Of all the ones Scratch could manage to read, none of them seemed helpful.
"Find this item."
"I need help with _____"
"Looking for someone that can ____" Was basically what most of them said. No helpful information could be found.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"It doesn't even seem like they use traditional watches here," Flynn said. "When I ask the time, the people look at some weird glowing stone on their wrist."
Scratch frowned at the crossed out entries, then took a closer look at the "guard duty" one, to see what needed guarding. "Glowing stones?" Scratch glanced back at him. She reached in her pocket to pull out the crystal she'd gotten earlier, looking to see if it glowed differently, "You mean like this?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scratch wrote:There was no significant change in the stone, maybe it grew a bit brighter? But it was hard to tell.
And if Flynn remembered correctly, the stones that were on the dog's wrist seemed to be fragments compared to the size of the one Scratch was holding. But he remembered there was more than one attached to the band... sorta looked like a bracelet.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:There was no significant change in the stone, maybe it grew a bit brighter? But it was hard to tell.
Scratch shrugged, looking back up at the guard duty poster to see if she could find out what it was this time. (( ? ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It looks similar, but the ones on their wrists were smaller," Flynn told the raccoon
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Harrison wrote:Arriving at the town square the canine saw three things.
- A large fountain adorning the middle of the square. It was three levels high with water gushing from the top and steadily flowing down to the lower levels. It was made of some sort of stone and blue crystal like objects seemed to be embedded around the rim of each level. Though the fountain was large it still left enough room around the square for carts to pass by.
- A old looking caravan which resembled the likeness of those that were probably on the Oregon Trail. It looked sturdy and that was probably a good thing considering a bear was occupying it. It looked like it was a general wares shop.
- A stand that had a sign atop it in the shop of a mail envelope. Two small pigeon-like birds could be seen perched on the sign, bickering about something.
Harrison knew he wouldn't be let out of sight, yet still he decided to look around casually, as if admiring the plaza, but if fact he was secretly looking around to check for the young raccoon or any other suspicious character that was looking at him. (perception)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:The hallway Ian entered wasn't too long. The door he came through put him in the dead center. It was brightened by lamps on the wall. Each door was painted a dark red shade and each had a brass number nailed into it. Evens were on the south wall and odds were on the north. They were labeled in ascending order from left to right. From 1 to 7
Scratch wrote:--Guard Duty--
Hey there,
Lyle

Got a job for anyone who can do it. Investigating. Weird noises. Would do it myself but... I can't leave my post. Yep yep...
But seriously. Need someone. Now.
Help me out. North Guard post. 2P.M. Pronto.
Harrison wrote:
Diceroll wrote:Perception: 16+3=19 Expected Result
As far as Harrison could see, no one was following him. The raccoon was nowhere in sight, the bear at the stall was minding his own business and the small birds on the envelope shaped sign seemed to be in some kind of quarrel with each other.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Hey there,
Lyle

Got a job for anyone who can do it. Investigating. Weird noises. Would do it myself but... I can't leave my post. Yep yep...
Scratch reached up and worked the poster off of the board. "Well would ya look at that, someone's in need of me at the North Gate!" She glanced back at Flynn, "You gonna walk there with me, or just stay here?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian thought to himself for a bit and decided it would be best to check the doors in order, starting with door number one. He padded to it and gently knocked, waiting for a response
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Roarin wrote:
Hey there,
Lyle

Scratch reached up and worked the poster off of the board. "Well would ya look at that, someone's in need of me at the North Gate!" She glanced back at Flynn, "You gonna walk there with me, or just stay here?"
"I'll stay here, I've already planned to take my own job," Flynn replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch turned to walk, but looked back, "You sure? Just to the North Gate, you can be back in under an hour..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm sure. Besides, it might be better to split up to learn a bit more about this place," the cat replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps had been scrounging around for food in the various alleys around the inn. Having scraped together a meager meal he returned to find Flynn standing at the board. "'Sup Flynn? Any luck finding us more work?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch shrugged, "Alright then... You see Harrison in the next couple of hours, tell 'im where I went..." And with that, she was headed to the North gate...

Then she heard someone talking to Flynn and turned around. That must be the guy he's working for... she thought, and stopped to call back, "Hey, do you have the time?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps wasn't sure who the raccoon was so he decided not to come right out and tell her he didn't even know how to tell time here. He reasoned that it would be better to appear local if he wanted to lie low. "Nope. Sorry." he shouted back.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch shrugged, "Alright then... You see Harrison in the next couple of hours, tell 'im where I went..."
"Can do," the cat replied wit a tip of his hat.
Seth wrote:"'Sup Flynn? Any luck finding us more work?"
"Oh, hey, Scraps. No, I'm still holding onto that second one from earlier. Doesn't really matter, a ro..."
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Hey, do you have the time?"
Flynn turned when he heard Scratch call back.
Seth wrote:"Nope. Sorry."
"We'll probably need to figure out how to tell time here sometime," he said turning back to Scraps. "Anyway, apparently a room at the inn here is pretty affordable, So we should be good for at least one night."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

"Good to hear. Can't hurt to make a bit more cash though. If we can ever figure out what time it is....."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Kay! Hey Flynn, if I'm not back in a couple hours I've probably been kidnapped or something, so tell Romulus to get a bunch of guns and come rescue me!" Scratch called, then she turned and kept walking...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:After a minute of no response it was safe to say no one was behind that door.
Scratch wrote:To get to the North Gate Scratch had to pass through the town square.
And arriving at the town square the raccoon saw.
- And a very familiar wolf, Harrison, who seemed to be idling around the area.
Rios wrote:Time seemed to stop. Space stretched out infinitely on all sides. The universe was silent as you continued drifting...
Suddenly the world seemed to reassemble itself around you. The sound of waves echo in your ears and you find yourself lying on your back. Water laps at your feet and sand clings to your fur.
A voice calls out to you from somewhere nearby.
Hey! Mister! Hellooo?
I think he's dead.
Naw, look, he's still breathing.
Something pokes Rios in his side.

Ref Ref!
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Analyze. Assess. Act.

The wolf-dog didn't move as he was prodded, yet his mind worked furiously. The last thing he remembered he had been on a cruise ship. He hadn't wanted to be there, and apparently some unknown god took his desire to heart. Although whether or not this was a better option was still to be seen.

Analyze. Assess. Act.

Alright, first things first. He didn't open his eyes, and since he couldn't feel the sun against his eyelids the wolf-dog assumed it was nighttime. In addition the sound of and sensation of water on his paws, when factoring in the sand sticking to him made it safe to assume that he was on some kind of beach somewhere. Putting this information together the male surmised that he must have survived some sort of disaster to the ship he had been on. Rios hadn't wanted to be on that ship, but loose ends needed tying up and one could only run away from the past for so long. Still if the ship had capsized or been severely damaged by some sort of natural disaster than perhaps that unknown god had done him a favor after all.

Analyze. Assess. Act.

It seemed as if Rios himself hadn't fared too badly, whatever had happened to the ship. All his limbs seemed to be intact and functional, and with the exception of a touch of nausea from what must have undoubtedly been a roller-coaster ride here the wolf-dog appeared to be in good shape. Again, it seemed the god favored him, and reaching his paws down his sides the wolf-dog made sure he could still take care of himself. And indeed, both his first-aid kit and his herb pouch seemed to be intact in his pockets; luckily both items were designed to be waterproof, even if Rios himself wasn't.

Analyze. Assess. Act.

Rios reached into his pouch of herbs, his paw still remaining in his pocket as he selected two pouches inside by feel alone. From one he drew a small bit of ginseng root, from the other a single mint leaf. Both he placed in his muzzle, chewing slowly. They wouldn't be as good as if he had a nice plate of unseasoned chicken and rice in front of him, but in a pinch they did a fairly good job of settling his stomach. Finally the male opened his eyes and saw... nothing. There was just a bit of reflected light, but above him the sky was dark.

~This is new.~

The dog's eyes darted to the figures he had heard talking, his emerald orbs focusing on the one who had dared to poke him. Without any emotion the wolf-dog spoke clearly yet quietly, giving only the required amount of volume to be heard over the water.

“Where am I?”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Kay! Hey Flynn, if I'm not back in a couple hours I've probably been kidnapped or something, so tell Romulus to get a bunch of guns and come rescue me!" Scratch called, then she turned and kept walking...
Flynn once again looked at Scratch, and had a confused look on his face. "That's a weird thing to plan for when going for a job," he said under his breath. then he turned back to Scraps. "We could always ask for the time at the bar again."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:To get to the North Gate Scratch had to pass through the town square.
And arriving at the town square the raccoon saw.
- And a very familiar wolf, Harrison, who seemed to be idling around the area.
Scratch noted the source of flowing water: either there was a naturally spring constantly bubbling up at that pace, or they had some sort of pump technology. She'd have to look into it at some point. She also noted the location of the little shop. Merchants would sometimes come out onto the reservation to trade with the Coyote tribe, though they usually sold their wares out of the backs of vans and campers. She'd heard of using birds for mail too, back before electronic messaging had become near universal...

That wasn't important now though. There was one thing which was worth stalling her walk to the North Gate. "Harrison!" she called, not loudly, but loud enough for him to hear her as she half-jogged over to him, "I found a quick job that might interest you too, wanna tag along?" she held up the flyer for him to see as she got close enough for him to read it.
--Guard Duty--
Hey there,
Lyle

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Kay! Hey Flynn, if I'm not back in a couple hours I've probably been kidnapped or something, so tell Romulus to get a bunch of guns and come rescue me!" Scratch called, then she turned and kept walking...
Flynn once again looked at Scratch, and had a confused look on his face. "That's a weird thing to plan for when going for a job," he said under his breath. then he turned back to Scraps. "We could always ask for the time at the bar again."
"Yeah I guess we'd better do that. I wonder if we could get the bartender to teach us? He seems nice enough. Oh and who's your friend? " He gestured in the general direction Scratch had gone in.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Rios wrote:Umm... Your right here? Duh.
Come on Cas... You know mom said not to talk to strangers... we're even suppose to be out here...
Once Rios's eyes adjusted to the low light he found a pair of young Caracal cubs staring at him. The one who poked Rios seemed to be holding a stick while the other had his ears laid flat, clearly disapproving of the other's actions.
Well, if I know his name then he's not a stranger right?" The more confident caracal retorted.
"What is your name anyways?"

Ref Ref!