Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zander

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Zander »

Rocky was the first to jump out. "I want to give those *Oh no pg-13 D:* a piece of his mind.. or teeth... whichever comes first." He wanted to go back inside so bad.
but he decided to get out of there. he got on the other side of the van.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

The Ferrari drove through the town. Mrs. Stripes was hungry and saw a Wendy's up ahead. "Are you hungry?" she asked Kytes.
"No, I ate before we left."
"Well, I'm going to pull in the drive-thru and get something for me, so you have time to change your mind."
As, they pulled in, Kytes saw Sid opening the back of a van. "Hey," he said to Mrs. Stripes. "Can you stop for a second. I need to do something real quick." He dragged the yarn around from his back.
"Go ahead. Wait for me here."
Kytes got out and the car drove around to the Drive-Thru. He took a deep breath and walked up to Sid.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

(continued)

<Nekoyasha> Darin watched as Rikki walked away, covered in blood. He was in shock for a moment, but then slipped out of jack's grasped. "Mr.Raccoon!" he said, heading down the hallway.
<Nekoyasha> Darin went up to the door Rikki disappeared in to, "Mr Raccoon?" He had seen how the others opened the doors, he jumped trying to grab the handle.

<RockstarRaccoon> The door opened, and the sound of running water came out. Before the pup could continue, Jack had grabbed him and was picking him up. "I don't think we should bother him right now." he brought the pup back to the couch. "He's very upset about his son."

<Nekoyasha> "Why is he mad?" he asked, looking up to jack.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack sighed. "He's not mad, it's just..." he sighed again, thinking of what to say. "Taku is the only member of his family who is still in the forest. His daughter was taken by animal control just before he met me, his other son and his mate left a year later, and his father disappeared last winter."

<Nekoyasha> Darin understood, Rikki didn't want to be alone without family. He Knew how he felt, "He doesn't want to lose the last of his family..." Darin looked down somberly, leaning against Jack's chest.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Yeah..." said Jack, holding the pup against him. "He's had it rough, and this isn't the first time Taku's gotten into trouble like this..."

<Nekoyasha> "I know how he feels..." he buried his face in Jack's shirt.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack held him there for a minute. He wasn't entirely familiar with handling young animals, once Rikki had moved in, he'd let him deal with them all the time. Now that he had this one, he wasn't sure what to do.
<RockstarRaccoon> After a moment, the door to the quarters opened and Rikki came out. He was wet now, the blood washed off. He looked at the wolf pup. "Come on." he said.

(To be continued)
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale jumped out of the van, turning to the new cat. "Thanks, for that." He would've said more, but Sid's appearance was preventing him from saying much else.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Stop talking!" Sid said in a loud and angry sounding voice, "we need to RUN!" He turned and began running.
WHAM!
Both Kytes and Sid went flying to the ground.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Trinket took his time getting out of the truck. Last thing he wanted to do was slip and go face-first into the asphal- *WHAM* Trinket cringed. "Was that bad luck? I think it was bad luck...my bad... Uh, guys, that cat is right. We should try and get out of here." Trinket looked away for a moment. He knew that his bad luck rubbed off on others...probably whatever spirits that converged on him just spread about to others...but on his own, they'd all converge on him! He'd be utterly screwed if he went off alone...he stood there, fretting over what he should do...

HEY! HOW DID YOU THREE GET OUT?!

"...'Fast' food. Dang it, I thought they had worse service than this. Yeah, run." Trinket prayed that he wouldn't slip or run into something. He prayed the same for the others.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian stared blankly after the cat. He had just... run off. The little corgi cocked his head to the side, confused. What was that all about? He stared off in the direction the van had gone for a few more moments, then turned to the other dog. He hadn't really noticed her at first, being nearly killed by that weird Corey Hart cat. "H-Hey, are you ok?" He asked, gazing at her intently. He wondered what she had been doing with the cat. Before there was time for an answer, however, Ian heard someone coming toward them. The fast pace of another's pawsteps was accompanied by heavy wheezing. Ian turned his head quickly, smiling at the familiar face of Xuan, his neighbor. "H-Hey!" He noticed Xuan panting pretty badly. The old dog had obviously been running. "Did you- Are you... going after them?" Ian said, pointing in the direction of the van and that strange cat.

-------------------
Meanwhile

A car pulled up the driveway of Ian's house, rolling to a stop just outside the garage. A few moments later, the engine made its last growl, falling silent; and the front doors opened with near simultaneous clicks. A woman stepped out of the driver's seat, looking up at the house as she pushed the door shut with another click. She smiled, turning to the other opened door. "Alright, hon, we're here. How about you run off and find your friend Ian?" It was quiet for a while, and the woman leaned down to look into the passenger's seat. Empty. She stood up straight again, turning just in time to say a dark-blue tail disappear around the side of a nearby house. The woman rolled her eyes, walking up the steps to the front door. "Why do I even have to ask?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid fell flat on his back, cringing in pain. He started to get back up. Wait... things were brighter. HIS GLASSES! He frantically turned around and scrambled to put them back on, tripping on his jacket as he did so. (a small, metal object fell out, but he ignored it for the more important thing) He was making sure they were firmly secured on his head when he saw the two officers barreling back towards him. He began screaming a stream of profanity as he scrambled back to his feet, running to get away from them.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes fell to the ground. Okay, why my head hurt? He tried to get up, feeling a small bump on the back of his head. "Oww." He staggered to his feet, his vision kinda blurry. "Wha- What happened?" he asked to no one in particular.
Last edited by DarkHeartsAndSuch on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra saw a dog, a... corgi, was it? walk up to her and Ian, out of breath. She held back her joke, as it appeared the dog was in a hurry. "Are... you okay? And why are you running, anyway?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

(continued)
<RockstarRaccoon> Jack opened his arms and motioned for the pup to follow.

<Nekoyasha> Darin glanced at Jack before getting down and walking over to Rikki. "A-are you ok, Mr.Raccoon?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki didn't respond, he just continued what he was doing. "You need a bath." he said, taking the pup back into Jack's quarters and into the bathroom. He turned the shower on and walked in, gesturing for the pup to follow. Jack had followed them and was now standing in the doorway, watching Rikki.

<Nekoyasha> Darin didn't like taking baths, but he didn't want to upset Rikki. He walked into the shower avoiding the water, confused about how the water was showering down.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki brought him under the water and began to wash off several days worth of filth, which the pup had accumulated from walking so far without his mother grooming him. He was thorough about it, making sure every nook and cranny was clean, concentrating only on what he was doing. Jack walked out once he'd seen that Rikki was doing fine, leaving them alone in the shower.

<Nekoyasha> Darin Complied for Rikki by not struggling, he simply let him wash him. He didn't like his fur being completely soaked, but it was a relief to be clean again.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki finished, letting the water rinse them one last time. Then he just stood there, holding the pup, letting the water run over him while he closed his eyes... After a moment he turned off the water, walking out, leaving the pup behind so he could shake himself out. Once that was done, he motioned for the pup to come out and do the same, turning to reach for a towel.

<Nekoyasha> Darin got down on all fours and shook his fur, causing all the access water to spray every where. He wanted to talk to Rikki, but was to scared. Instead he walked over to him, waiting for whatever was coming next.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki was finishing giving himself a quick dry with a towel when the pup came over. He tossed it in a soggy heap, picked up another one, and began to rub the pup dry.

<Nekoyasha> Darin complied again, not wanting to get Rikki mad. He averted his gaze while the coon dried him, afraid he might be angry with him.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki finished by gently rubbing the pup's fur down into the direction it would lie with the towel before throwing it with the other one. He picked up the pup and took him into the other room when Jack walked in and motioned for them to follow him, they went into the room where Taku had been taken.

(to be continued)
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

JOFOXX wrote:Ian stared blankly after the cat. He had just... run off. The little corgi cocked his head to the side, confused. What was that all about? He stared off in the direction the van had gone for a few more moments, then turned to the other dog. He hadn't really noticed her at first, being nearly killed by that weird Corey Hart cat. "H-Hey, are you ok?" He asked, gazing at her intently. He wondered what she had been doing with the cat. Before there was time for an answer, however, Ian heard someone coming toward them. The fast pace of another's pawsteps was accompanied by heavy wheezing. Ian turned his head quickly, smiling at the familiar face of Xuan, his neighbor. "H-Hey!" He noticed Xuan panting pretty badly. The old dog had obviously been running. "Did you- Are you... going after them?" Ian said, pointing in the direction of the van and that strange cat.
Xuan is till panting, heavily, though his curiosity couldn't stop him from asking what happened.

*Pant* *Wheeze* No words come out from his muzzle, though he tried.

He just point to the direction when the cat had gone to, and proceed to pose a "shrugging" gesture, indicating that he's asking "What's going on?"

Half-squatting, both paws on his knee, with his head lowered, he tries to catch his breathe. *Pant Pant*
Atari wrote:Kyra saw a dog, a... corgi, was it? walk up to her and Ian, out of breath. She held back her joke, as it appeared the dog was in a hurry. "Are... you okay? And why are you running, anyway?"
*Cough* "Finally..." *Cough* He seems to be getting better now. "Umm, hi Ian,*Pant* and err.. hi...err...dog?" ((Note he hasn't meet Kyra till now))

"Hmm? W-What? Oh, *Cough* well I saw... a van? Was it? And then...some yelling...and err...swearing? Oh and the plane!" He said while look up into the sky trying to locate the RC plane he saw just now.

"Eh? It's gone... *Pant* Oh and that cat! With his shades or something, I saw him! Where is he now? We have things to settle," said Xuan while his face switched to a much more serious one, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky saw the two running out. "OH MY-" He ran as fast he could, quickly passing most others, as he looked back he ran smack into a light pole, conveniently placed on the sidewalk. (Luck-2) His head hurt as he got of the ground "Whats-" He stopped when he heard something above him. He looked up to see the plastic case around the light at the top of the light pole fall. "God- WHAM" Rocky was knocked out.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian couldn't help chuckling at Xuan. The poor dog seemed like he was about to pass out. Ian turned toward where the van had gone, scratching his head. "Well... I guess the van was Animal Control. I saw that cat you were talking about go chasing after it..." Ian trailed off, turning back to the others. "Why would he be so worked up over-"
"Maybe because there was another dog running after it?"
Ian froze at the voice. The hair stood up on the back of his neck as his arms fell loosely to his sides. His eyes grew distant, twitching slightly. To the others it must have looked like his brain had gone dead.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale started running, turning back to make sure Rocky was following. Only to see he had gotten knocked out, he ran over to him. "Rocky get up before those guys catch up." He shook Rocky. "Oh crap..." Cale grabbed Rocky's shoulder's pulling him through the grass and into a bush, panting heavily from the exertion.

The two goons stood still for a moment, confused to what was going on. hey ran to their van and saw that the doors had been removed. "How the..."
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

JOFOXX wrote:...The hair stood up on the back of his neck as his arms fell loosely to his sides. His eyes grew distant, twitching slightly. To the others it must have looked like his brain had gone dead.
"Woi, has your brain gone dead?" Xuan can't help but to joke about Ian's expression, Ian laughed at him after all, a payback maybe.

"Heh you know this cat?" Xuan doesn't seems surprised, "He has been there for quite a while... Xuan continues while looking at the direction where the dark-furred cat is, on a tree to be specific.

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes saw, through his apparently tear-filled eyes, two forms standing near a white square. He limped his way over to them, "Ca-can you help me?"

(Two forms=Wendy's dudes that grabbed Cale and Trinket. White Square=van)

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian stood rigid. The only things moving were his eyes, which slowly looked up, stretched wide. Ian's blue gaze met the green stare of the voice's owner, a dark-blue cat. The feline gave a cheshire grin, and sprung from the tree, landing right next to Ian, who still was completely unmoving. The cat turned an admiring gaze to Xuan. "You've got some good senses, dog. How'd you know I was there?"
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

JOFOXX wrote:Ian stood rigid. The only things moving were his eyes, which slowly looked up, stretched wide. Ian's blue gaze met the green stare of the voice's owner, a dark-blue cat. The feline gave a cheshire grin, and sprung from the tree, landing right next to Ian, who still was completely unmoving. The cat turned an admiring gaze to Xuan. "You've got some good senses, dog. How'd you know I was there?"
Xuan winced a little as the cat speaks, right to him, which is out of his expectation. As usual, new pet, which makes Xuan nervous again, and now that he is expected to answer the cat's question.
"Err... well, it's mo-morning now, and you're in that tree, plus you're dark-blue in color, it forms a str-strong contrast, d-don't you think?" Xuan being experienced, plus he had learnt all those things called "Physics" from his owner during his free time back in his hometown, Xuan can be like a nerd sometimes when he discussed about all these things, in fact, he looks like one right now, which worsen the fact that his sound is wobbling as he explains.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid stopped and looked behind him when he'd put enough distance between him and Animal Control. He saw the others making their way off in another direction: good. Splitting up was the best way to get away from the cops. He looked around and decided that it was time for some offensive tactics. He reached down and picked up three good sized rocks, simultaneously reaching in his pocket to pull out a hunting-grade slingshot. He lined up a shot on the officers, calculating an arc in his head.
He quickly unleashed the missiles, which screamed towards the two men and... WHY WAS KYTES STILL THERE?!
Neko

Post by Neko »

The two goons looked down at a cat that had crawled over to them. He was about to kick it out of frustration but the two goons were knocked out by two rock missiles.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

The cat laughed, throwing his head back. "Alright, you got me. I was hoping the shadows would hide my fur a little more." The cat gave Xuan a thoughtful look, sweeping his tail back and forth rhythmically. "You've gotta admit, though, this guy had no idea." He tweaked an exposed tip of Ian's bandanna clad ear, electing a yelp and a blush from the little corgi. The cat giggled, flicking Ian's leg with his tail. "I got him good..."

Ian shuddered, trying to control the blood flow to his face. Why was he here? He thought he'd left this cat behind at his old home. How did he even know where Ian lived now? "T-T-Terry... W-What-"
"Am I doing here?" Terry snorted. "I'm here to see you, babe." The blue cat leaned back, studying Ian. "If you mean "How" I got here. My mom came to help your parents move in. I tagged along."
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes stood, waiting for a response from the forms when they suddenly fell over. "Wha-," something struck the back of his shoulder. "Oww, wha- what was that?" He tried to look around, and saw the forms still fallen over. He got closer to them, "Ar-Are you alright?"

Meanwhile, Mrs. Stripes was patiently waiting for the person in front of her to finish ordering, despite having been there for more than 5 minutes.

RP Characters
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke yawned as he awoke in his own bed. He looked out the window, lazily noting that it was already mid morning. He ate his breakfast silently at the table, and ignored Shelly's inquiries.
He stared out the window wishing he had some excuse to go outside. "Shelly, do you think it would be too bad if i went out again today? I met so many people!" he asked.

"Well, I suppose if one of them goes by, might let you out.",She responded casually.
~Rubin
Neko

Post by Neko »

(continued)

<RockstarRaccoon> It was a large white room, there was a padded table in the center where Taku had been laying earlier. It had been cleaned, along with the floor, and they now gave a weak shine in spots that hadn't fully dried. Melinda was just finishing tidying up.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki took the pup over to the padded table and sat him down: it was still warm from Taku.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki walked over to Melinda and looked up at her. "How is he...?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin sat there nervously, the room reminded him of the clinic's room when he was stomach pumped. He whimpered slightly remembering the experience.

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda led him to a set of large, padded cages, one of which contained Taku, who's muzzle had been tied shut with bandages. "He cracked his skull in a few places and he's lost alot of blood. I had to open up his muzzle to operate on it. He's gonna make it, but he might have to go through rehab, like you..."
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki started to cry at the thought of that: Taku was still young, too young to be kept here for months without getting out. He didn't say anything, he opened the cage and cried quietly over his son.
<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda looked at the wolf-pup on the table, confused. "Jack...?" she started.
<RockstarRaccoon> "Rikki found him with Taku and brought him in, I need you to examine him so I can finish the report."
<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda walked over and looked down at the wolf pup for a second.

<Nekoyasha> Darin scooted away from Melinda, fearing she'd be as mean as the doctor from before.

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda smiled down at the little wolf, trying to seem friendly. (though she was still a little shaken after having to do an emergency operation on a Raccoon who she had a personal connection to) "Hello there." she said, still trying to be friendly and not scary. "My name's Melinda, what's yours little guy?"
<RockstarRaccoon> Jack moved over and said to her, softly, "Young Wolves don't have names until they come of age."

<Nekoyasha> Darin heard Jack, "I do too have a name! My name's Darin!" he smiled.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack looked down at the wolf and shrugged. "Nevermind then." He stepped back.
<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda looked down at the little pup, "So, Darin, you mind if I look at you? I want to see if you're healthy."

<Nekoyasha> Darin was hesitant at first, but realized all these people were really kind to animals. "O-ok..."

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda and Jack looked up at Rikki, who was quietly sobbing over his son. Melinda looked back down "I think we should go to the office to do this so Rikki can be alone..." Jack nodded and picked up 'Darin', as he was called, taking him back into the room which had the computer. Melinda went and grabbed a few things for the examination and followed.

<Nekoyasha> "What're you gonna do?" Darin asked Jack, looking up to him. He was Getting slightly nervous.

<RockstarRaccoon> "She's just gonna look at you a little more thoroughly than I did before. See, I have to make an entry in that database I showed you about how you showed up here. We need to make sure you're healthy before we do anything else for you." Jack said, sitting Darin down on an empty desk.

<Nekoyasha> "Oh, ok" Darin sat awkwardly on the desk, unsure of what to do.

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda came in. She had pulled on a clean, white, veterinarian's outfit. She sat some things down next to Darin and smiled at him, "all ready?"

<Nekoyasha> "I guess so," he looked at the strange things she had put down near him.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Ok then. Let's start with your temperature..." She picked up an electronic object.

<Nekoyasha> Darin looked at the strange object, "W-will it hurt?"

<RockstarRaccoon> She laughed, "no, it might tickle though." She pressed the object to his chest and some lights started blinking on it. "It's a little scanner that checks your internal body temperature. It's expensive, but it's a lot easier to use on wild animals than the alternatives."

<Nekoyasha> Darin looks down at the strange device, watching different lights come up. "Ooooh.."

<RockstarRaccoon> The device gave a beep as it finished. Melinda looked at a small screen on the back and nodded, writing down the temperature on a notepad she had brought in. "Ok, that's good, your temperature is normal for a wolf." she picked up a tongue depressor and pulled off the wrapper, "Now, open your mouth so I can see your throat."

<Nekoyasha> Darin scooted away quickly, "Y-you aren't gonna shove that down my throat like the other doctor are you?!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda smiled, "No, I'm just going to push your tongue down so I can see over it. Now open up." She bent over and held up the wooden stick in one hand and a small flashlight in the other.

<Nekoyasha> Darin tentivly opened his mouth, sticking his tongue out.

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda stuck the wooden stick in and shined her light into his mouth, looking at the back, noting the abrasions. She pulled out. "Your throat looks like it's been scratched, have you eaten anything hard and rough recently?"

<Nekoyasha> "Well, a doctor shoved a thingy down my throat...He was mean!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Why did he do that?"

<Nekoyasha> "I got a tummy ache and Matt took me to the clinic. The doctor held me down and put a thingy down my throat..."

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda nodded, "I see. Well don't worry, I'm not going to do that to you right now. I'm just looking. I'm going to check your ears now, so I need you to hold still for me.
<RockstarRaccoon> She picked up a device with a tube on one end, which had a small turn at the very end, and clicked a button on it, testing the light. She looked down into Darin's ear and handled it for a minute, examining the outer part of it before raising the device. "This is going to tickle, so I need you to hold still." She clicked the light on and put the tube down the hole in the bottom of his ear, using it to look around the corner and check for debris. It was clean enough, though a little wet from his shower.

<Nekoyasha> Darin giggled slightly, doing his best to sit still.

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda moved to the other ear and checked it the same way before turning off the light and writing her notes on her pad.

<Nekoyasha> Darin calmed down, trying to see what Melinda was writing down.

<RockstarRaccoon> "ok," Melinda said, turning back to Darin and pulling out another device, "I'm going to shine a light in your eye now and take a look inside of it. Hold still." She clicked the light on and held Darin's eyelids open a little further as she checked the back of his retina.

<Nekoyasha> Darin forced himself to sit still, being blinded by the bright light.

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda turned it off, having finished checking his eyes and made the note on the pad. "Alright, it looks like all that's good, now I just need to look you over and make sure there's nothing wrong with the rest of you.” She started looking at his head, once again, finding the bump and rubbing it.

<Nekoyasha> "Ow!" Darin jerked his head away, "That hurts..."

<RockstarRaccoon> "That's a bruise," Melinda said, "Do you know where you got it?"

<Nekoyasha> "I tripped and hit my head...Matt said it was, a con-cush-en...or something."

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda nodded and started a note on her pad, She looked at the bump a bit more, rubbing at the areas around it to check for anything more. She turned back to her notepad and wrote a few lines: she'd need to look into what doctor had examined him later.

<Nekoyasha> "Are we done now?" Darin questioned, looking to Melinda.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Almost," she said, "let's see the rest of you." She began to examine the rest of him thoroughly, feeling and rubbing at him in different places. She did this from his neck to his hands and feet, making sure he didn't have any more physical problems.

<Nekoyasha> Darin laughed as Melinda tickled him in her examination. "That tickles!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Melinda giggled a little at that: pups were fun to work with. She remembered checking Rikki's sons when they were sick back when Rikki first started staying at the station a few years before: they'd grown up fast.
<RockstarRaccoon> She turned to her notepad and finished making her notes, then turned back to Darin. "All done!" she said, picking him up and giving him a hug.

<Nekoyasha> "Yay!" Darin hugged her back, glad the examination was over.

(to be continued)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam put on her roller blade's after eating breakfast. "I'm going out!" she rolled out the front door and closed it behind her before taking off down the streets. She stopped at a gate which was the entrance to a yard, which had a huge house on it. "Woa, who lives here? They must be rich..."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke waited, staring out at the yard. A white blur flew behind the hedge row, then slowed to a stop, leaving Sam in its place. "Well, There is one now! Can I go?"
"Oh fine. Just be back by dark!"
"Alright!"
with that, he was out the door.

"Hi Sam!" He called, stepping around the gate, "What brings you here?"
~Rubin
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam was shocked to see Zeke run out of the house and approach her, he was rich? "Oh hey Zeke, I was just riding around when I stopped to look at your house."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke looked back at it. "Ya, it is a bit extravagant compared to some of the others." he chuckled. "but then, I have only seen a few other houses..." He looked back at Sam, "So, mind if I hang out with you for a while?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

While Melinda was examining Darin...
Rikki leaned over his son holding out a paw to stoke him. He remembered when he had been put into "rehab", it meant that you weren't recovered enough to be let outside until the next spring. It was like being sentenced to an effective death for one year, because when the spring came, you'd have forgotten how to live in the wild, and had to relearn until the summer. Rikki had had to go through that while his kids were growing up. Jack would bring him to see them a few times every week with food that he couldn't get for them by hunting. He remembered Caesar's pack helping out too, watching his children for a week when his mate had hurt her leg near the end of that winter. He'd never fully repayed him for that. Taku was now the same age Rikki had been when he had met his own mate, and he had hoped Taku would meet one and it would force him to mature like Rikki had. That wasn't going to happen now. If Taku couldn't meet a mate during the summer, he would have to make it through another winter without one. Perhaps that was for the best... the forest had been suffering its own problems, and it would be hard to raise children. Perhaps that was why Rikki's father had left, to find a place with more food.

Melinda and Jack were talking with the pup behind him, but they took the pup out to look at him in another room. Rikki was glad, he wanted to be alone. After a minute, Jack came back and stood over him, watching in silence for the longest time. Finally, Rikki spoke, still stroking his son.
"You haven't had kids yet, if I remember correctly, have you?"
"No. I suppose I will someday, but not yet..."
"Why not? Don't you worry that if you wait too long, you might never have any?"
"Well... Humans don't worry about that sort of thing..."
"No, I suppose you wouldn't. You live forever, and if you ever get hurt, someone's there to make you better. Some of you don't even want children, and I've never understood that..."
"We don't live forever. I've almost gone through a third of my life, and people die in accidents all the time."
"And how old are you? Over twenty years old. I may not even live that long: 8 years has already been a third of my life. And accidents? All of them are brought on by your technology. Even as it kills a few of you, it makes the rest live even longer."
"Well... that may be true... I'm not sure what you're getting at though..."
"What I'm getting at is the fact that you all just keep going. I have to make the most of every year I have, because I only get a handful. You all go on, progressing your civilization as you go, year by year, decade by decade. We would never even think of measuring such a time span: several generations are born and die in that time. How can you possibly have any appreciation for the years you have when they're so plentiful?"
Jack stopped. He had no answer to that. Rikki was good at finding just the right holes to poke in humanity, and his wit was as sharp while his son was unconscious beneath him. He hadn't even looked at Jack this entire time.
"And here is my son. My son, born when I was a young adult. At that age, where were you? Could you talk? My son started talking during his second spring. I remember when he first said the syllables we used to make his name. How do humans find names for their children? What does 'Jack Calvin' even mean?"
"Well... I guess my parents liked the sound of 'Jack' when I was born. 'Calvin' was the last name of my father, which he got from his father and so on..."
Rikki nodded: he'd never asked Jack that before. It was funny how the worst times brought the best understandings of other people.
Jack sat down on the ground next to the cage and reached inside, gently stroking the wiry fur on Rikki's back. Rikki paused for a moment, taking it in. His tears had stopped now. He spoke again.
"Well. Here's my son. He's dying now. Dying like I am. Are you dying Jack? Are any of you humans? Dying? I don't think you are. I don't believe you. You haven't aged a day since I met you, only gotten scars, both inside and out."
Jack had nothing to say anymore, he just sat there, stroking and listening to Rikki as he went on. He needed to vent, and it always gave Jack a strange form of insight into his undomesticated mind. He was like the stereotypical hermit, living alone without any contact with the outside world, making his cynical observations. They didn't say anything else though. Rikki just sighed and lied down with his son, snuggling up to him as he slept. He had cried himself tired, and he fell asleep with Jack stroking his back.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Trinket began running. Running much faster than he should be going with his bad luck, but still running as fast as he could. He once again winced when he saw a dog run into a lamppost...and proceeded to get slammed over the noggin by a light covering. "Ouch. I'm really sorry guys..." He was dragged off by the cat that was locked in the van with Trinket from earlier. Distracted by the scene, Trinket unwittingly ran into Sid's line of fire.
*ppphhhhhiithphew*
*ppphhhhhiithphew*
"What was..."
*ppphhhhhiith-KLONK*
Sid's third stone and stray shot nailed Trinket in the head before bouncing upward and hitting Kytes in the shoulder. But Trinket hardly cared about the rock's trajectory; he was just doing his best to stay conscious.
"Duuurrrrurrgghhh..."
He would have fallen over by now if it weren't for the extra balance from his tail. He was staggering left and right, trying to stay on his feet. If there's anything he knew, it was that going down usually meant you stayed down. He continued staggering around in a circle, somewhere between Rocky and Cale's hiding spot, and Kytes and the goons on the ground. "Just...stay...focused...oyyyyy..."
Atari

Post by Atari »

"The cat? He's bad? I met him. I mean, shy at first and quickly sarcastic, but I didn't think bad. Although the way he made us all hid from the Air C-- Animal Control made me wonder if he has enemies... I think he went somewhere..." Kyra forgot where he went, and decided to notion to behind her "... possibly maybe there."
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes's vision was getting blurrier. He knelt down by the two forms and started shaking one of them. "W-Wake up. P-Please?"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid swore loudly. One of his rocks had hit the cat with the jewelery on and now the stupid tabby was... trying to revive the men?
He looked around and decided to risk running back towards the one with the jewelery, picking up another 3 rocks, readying his slingshot in case he had to use it again.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Rubin wrote:Zeke looked back at it. "Ya, it is a bit extravagant compared to some of the others." he chuckled. "but then, I have only seen a few other houses..." He looked back at Sam, "So, mind if I hang out with you for a while?"

I Don't mind. I was just going to ride around a bit and see if I ran into anyone, and I did!" Sam Smiled.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke smiled back. "Well, do you want to do anything?"
~Rubin
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Trinket was slowly regaining control, his vision refocusing, his stagger less wide, the adrenaline rush slightly wearing off, introducing his head to MASSIVE PAIN...
"Eeerrrrrooyyy...Hang on...al...almost got..."
He wasn't feeling the asphalt on his next step.
"It? Whagggh!" He stumbled and slipped as the round light cover that fallen off moments ago found it's self under Trinket's foot, wrecking his balance, causing him to massively stagger backwards, closer to the truck! "Don'tfalldon'tfalldon'tfall...*phew*... Trinket regained his balance, though he was still too shaken to see the problem with the two goons and the cat near him. "Okay now we...just...go...forwar-"
"YEOW!" Trinket's step collided with some small metal thing on the ground, sticking his foot, then getting caught between his toes, hidden in the fur. He began hopping in the direction of the bushes, with his eyes closed. Bad idea, considering that he couldn't see that other cat that was rushing him.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid saw the cat in front of him slip and stagger. The rock must have knocked off his senses. He had figured out at this point that the cat was female: he hoped she didn't take what he was about to do the wrong way, as she was the first female he'd seen since he got here. He slammed into her, picking her up and rushing to the bushes with her slung over his shoulder. He smashed through the bushes, making physical contact with an orange cat. At high speed.
Everyone went flying like bowling pins.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes gave up trying to wake the form as another appeared behind him. "E-Excuse me?" he started, trying to get up. "C-Can you-"The new form seemed to disappear. Everything went black for Kytes as he fell to the ground, face first, the yarn landing perfectly aligned along his back.

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Rubin wrote:Zeke smiled back. "Well, do you want to do anything?"
Sam thought for a moment, "Let's go see Cale! he still owes me a tour of the neighborhood. I'm sure he wont mind if you tag along."