Tell us about your Username

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Tatsuo

Tell us about your Username

Post by Tatsuo »

All right it's got to be made. There's so many different names out there meaning so many different things, so why not tell us a little bit about your yours? How did you come up with it? What does it mean? Here's the place to tell us all about you and your name. I'll start first.

My name is actually Japanese if you didn't already know it. Tatsuo or, Tatsuya, being more assertive, can mean different meanings depending on the kanji. From what I've read it can either mean, imperial hero or dragon/ dragon male. I am no expert in the japanese language, but I like it so that's good enough for me. I originally came up with it for a comic that I've been trying to create. Just idea's really. And yes there would be dragons in it and the protagonist(s) would be a dragon.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to what you have to say. There are a few names out there that I'd like to know more about ;) . But I'll sit here and wait and see how this rides.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Kyuunado

Re: Tell us about your Username

Post by Kyuunado »

Ok, here's mine. I am very interested in other cultures, prominently imperial Japan. My favorite animal is the fox which is in Japanese a kitsune, which is part of Japanese folklore. A Kyuubi is a nine tailed fox and also one of the main characters in Naruto, one of the anime I watch. I am also forever in debt to my Vulpix on Pokemon Sapphire (the first game I actually owned myself) for defeating the league champion on its own at only level 27. So because all of this I am, on comics, Kyuubi Kitsune. :lol: Kitsune are also known to be loyal, which fits me to a "T".
It's not really a name in itself, but then it frees me up to call myself whatever I please, I have many aliases.
Last edited by Kyuunado on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

My name is actually Seth. I'm too lazy for aliases and I like the name Seth so I figured I'd just use my first name for simplicity's sake.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Duster

Post by Duster »

Mine is a variant of my Xbox live profile name that my cousin and I came up with.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Mine is quite boring, I guess. Just a designation by a country that no longer exists of a plane, all of prototypes of which were scrapped (so it no longer exists), that was built by a company that no longer exists, in a country that kind of no longer exists anymore... Slightly complicated, but I hope it's clear enough - all measures were taken so I'm not accused of doing hidden advertising :lol:

Have another username, made out of my name and another airplane. If someone's terribly bored, you can try looking for it - luckily to you, both parts are present here.
Last edited by VEB152 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

As anyone who reads the chat thread has probably figured out, I created my username from parts of my first and last name.

This may sound strange, but I take a lot of pride in my actual name. I don't know why. I guess that it's just the one thing in this world that identifies me as who I am over everything else, and I have the power to make my name mean something good to anyone who hears it. I try really hard to make sure that if people hear my name, they will have reason to think that I'm a good person before actually meeting me.

I guess that pride in my name just made me want to keep it when I got online. I didn't want to make it totally obvious that Jeff was my real name, but I didn't want to use something else either. Now that I'm a little bit older and wiser, I kinda wish that I didn't use it, but it is what it is. I like it now and I'm gonna keep using it wherever I go.

Plus I now also have a second profile that I use online that no one can connect to this one, so if I ever feel the need to simply tell someone to [go away], I can.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

My username is actually Japanese as well. The word "kouri" is just a slight misspelling of "kōri" which means "ice"
The kanji looks like this: 氷
I don't really have much of a reason why I chose "ice" over other things though. I've been trying to memorize some basic kanji recently, particularly things that involve the elements, and when I was going through the ones I knew, I felt like this one could make a decent username. :p
My rationale though is that if I could have the power to control any element, I would want it to be ice (or water, if that's the only way)

Actually, Kouri wasn't the name I was originally going to use when I first signed up for the forums. I originally wanted to be "Cobalt." I signed up using the email address I use for a lot of my "fan-stuff", but I never got any of my confirmation emails for some reason, no matter how many times I re-sent them. I tried writing an email to the mods for help, but didn't get any sort of reply. Eventually I gave up and figured it was just something wrong with they way my address was working with this site, so I just gave up on it. I tried again with a second, more public email address of mine and the username "Exile" (you know, things that just sounded cool 8-) ) but I was stunned when I didn't recieve any confirmation emails again. It took me a day or two to realize that I misspelled my email when I entered it in and now that account was pretty much lost forever too... But, I tried one last time with "Kouri" and correct spelling, and it worked right away. In the end, I guess it was all for the better. I've gotten quite attached to my new name :P
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

I play bass a lot.

Also I didn't want to use one of my actual aliases, lest the NSA knows what one I use to order pizza.
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sleet is the name of my fursona. I chose it because I like word names, so I went with an icy one that wasn't taken by any actual characters. Also because if my name appears in the dictionary, I'm much harder to Google.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

My username is my stage name that I registered with equity a few years ago. I don't really like my real name, Gordon Muir, because when I worked as a cleaner for McDonalds i heard it called out like 30-40 times a shift and you can imagine that even your own name can be grating if said enough times, as i often apply negative connotations to it. And I can't pronounce Muir correctly after saying Gordon. The end result sounds like manure or something out of Lord of the rings. so i wanted a name that's easy to say and nice to read. I'm not sure why i picked John but when i read the story of the Oak and the Willow Tree i knew that Willow was the perfect last name for me.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Mine it's just part of my name, an abbreviation, nothing special. :P I haven't a great fantasy with choosing a nickname.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

My user name is a play on my real name. The first letters are the same. It is also the name of a DJ and his radio station in the Lucio Fulci film "Zombi 3". I have always been fascinated by radio.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

My username is just the name of my fursona. To be honest I dont even know how I came up with this name. It just kinda happened. *shrugs* Was just thinking and brainstorming and this came to mind and I liked it so thats what I used. I actually did come up with the name Zavryn like a year before I actually used it for the name of my fursona.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My username? Born when I was first shown the internet by my favourite gaming cousin when I was 12. I wanted a username that best described my life and gaming style online and I didn't want to be complicated (since simplicity is my specialty), so I went GameCobra.

It may sound boring, but I take huge pride in the name I chose =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Lifio's just a word I made up I'm pretty sure, so I think it's meaningless. Came up with it when I was thinking of a name for my main Sonic Fan Character back in 2009, and it just stuck, so I later used it as my username. The 13 in my username is because 13 is my favourite number, what I consider to be my lucky number, and I was born on October 13th, so I figured it had enough significance. :P.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Mine is simply the best misspelled version of my name that I've received when somebody tried spelling it back to me. G is pronounced as J though, unlike the lizard. I have to thank my computer science teacher for that.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

GeckoZY wrote: G is pronounced as J though, unlike the lizard. .

*Gasp* :o After all this time.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Mine is pretty self explanatory :P

I was creating a DeviantART account, and wanted to name myself after my old name on gmail, Phatfox.
However, Phatfox was already taken, so I just got really uncreative, and named myself "TheMobian", after the planet in the sonic comics (Mobius) and the sonic characters who live on it (Mobians).

As it turns out, my name was more creative then I first thought, because no matter where I go, NO ONE has EVER had my username =D This is why I have been able to use this same username on every site I visit, and its awesome! :mrgreen:
Its also resulted in some pretty cool long-lasting nicknames that people even outside the internet still call me to this day, such as "Mobi", "Mobian", and "Mobs" :D So I have come to love my username, and really can't imagine myself without it :3
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Nothing interesting or creative about mine. It was just a mash of two of my favorite Final Fantasy characters: Shadow (from VI) and Lightning (from XIII).
Last edited by ShadowLightning on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I've had a few usernames over the years. The username I used the most was OneofDawnmist (only my dA account still has that name now), named after an old character I had. My current username stems from Pokemon Diamond, when I found a Shinx, caught him, named him something terrible, took him to the Name Changer and tried to think of a new name. Mickey is what popped up, and it stuck. Mickey became my most loyal, powerful, and even handsome Pokemon (He's won a few contests in his day ;)) and I felt that he was the best friend you could have from a bunch of pixels, so I started to use and spread his name. I'm sure he doesn't mind. c:
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Shadow is from FFVI, isn't he?
GeckoZY wrote:Mine is simply the best misspelled version of my name that I've received when somebody tried spelling it back to me. G is pronounced as J though, unlike the lizard. I have to thank my computer science teacher for that.
So your name is jacuzzi?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

on the old comments section, I wanted to do a joke like one of those genric usernames like "a guy" "just a person" etc. and I chose SomeRandomGeek, then took it further to add "NamedBrent" to remove the genericness. then the extra 4 letters to make "Some" wouldn't fit as a forum username
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

My name's had a couple of iterations over the years. I got it when I was quite young. Me and my brothers used to play an old game called Future Cop, which had this really cool character called Sky Captain in it. Then one day playing Halo 2 I got into a flying vehicle and dominated them. They called me Sky Captain as a joke and it kind of stuck.

After that it went to "Sky Capatanio" (I still have no idea why or when) which lasted until I signed up to this site. I find Sky Capatanio kind of silly so I changed it to SkyeCaptain for a couple of reasons. It's (slightly) more original than just plain SkyCaptain and looks better in my opinion. I was also considering making a fursona which I never got around to, and considering I've had the handle of Sky Captain for most of my life, I knew they'd be called Skye.
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

It could be my surname. Origins seem to lay in Cornwall. Possibly related to a John Spargo who was in the Battle of Trafalgar on the HMS Belleisle.

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote: Plus I now also have a second profile that I use online that no one can connect to this one,
Detective Walker is gonna find it!!!

Well. Mine.
I used to change my username on internet frequently. I think it was first Bearcat(Bear+cat), then it changed to Catgyver (cat+Macgyver)then Nya the Cat-medic then Nya~ The Texascat and then simply Texascat and then I stuck with it for a while, until mighty sleet suggested me a name of "WALKER TEXASCAT"
and It became my permanent Username.
well not my housepets username.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

69eist is my name. I put 6 and 9 together to symbolize a combined letter of Gg. Imagine the number 6 and 9 put together and the circles connect. This is symbol means unbounded devotion. Geists are like spirits. No matter where you go there is nothing stopping them from following. It best describes two of my mottos: I go wherever I please with nothing that can stop me and I will always be there to help.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Harpo Marx
Panda Panda Panda
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Mine's Tycho Aussie, the name of my fursuit character.

Tycho is the 16th century Danish astronomer with the gold nose - inquisitive and flambouyant. I figured that Tycho Brahe needed a better namesake than he currently has - though he's cool enough to have a crater on the moon named after him!

Aussie is the breed of dog which my character represents.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Badcompany1477

Post by Badcompany1477 »

Badcompany1477 based off of one of my many favorite rock bands Bad Company
Man is an animal that makes bargains: no other animal does this - no dog exchanges bones with another.- Adam Smith
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

My user name was because in high school I loved Star Fox, but when I first got on line, I didn't think calling myself that was all that smart. So I switched it around and that's the name i've used from that time on, in RPG's, on FA and elsewhere.
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

Can't have everything connected to one username. Gotta branch out especially for furry stuff.

Pretty sure I got it from a baby too.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

As in a baby called you JakJak?
Karl

Post by Karl »

It has something to do with my real name in some way.
I'm a bookworm!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is it Juan? It's Juan, isn't it?
ZombieRaptor

Post by ZombieRaptor »

I had just gotten battlefield 1942 and wanted a new username from my usual, so I thought of the two 'scariest' things at the time and combined them. And thus, zombie velociraptors came into existence.
I'm squeedly weedly weird.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Kurowolfe is the furry version of the username that I've been using for the past 7 years. Wolfe is one of the few English names that I like the sound of, and has a furry connotation, so I attached that to my main username prefix kuro, and tadaa~!

Admittedly though, I've been using this name a lot more than my old name nowadays.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sleet wrote:Is it Juan? It's Juan, isn't it?
=3
I'm a bookworm!
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

Sleet wrote:As in a baby called you JakJak?
Oh yeah totally. His first word was "jak" and he just kept repeating it over and over :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's pretty adorable.
kurowolfe wrote:Wolfe is one of the few English names that I like the sound of
What about "Sleet?" :P
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

You really like this thread, don't you Sleet? :P
If you want my number, it's #804080.