Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Dr. Prower

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Dr. Prower »

"We got all the stuff on the list," Jacob answered. "I guess it's time to check out."
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy made her way back home and ate breakfast. Once she was done she walked into the living room to see Felix still asleep. She laughed to herself and walked back out of the front door, walking down the sidewalk. waiting for a new car to pull up at Shep's house.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Ohnoohnoohno....it's too early! I can't have lost it already!" The white furred cat with orange splotches and stripes glanced around franticly from the tree he was sitting in. The copper tag that hung from his extravagantly designed red and gold collar swung back and forth as he ducked left and right. The start of the morning light danced off the quickly changing angles of blue gemstone in the collar and jewel in the sword pendant around his neck. "It wouldn't be as easy to loose if I could just get my ear pierced! The tugging would be a lot easier to notice for one, an-

*CRACK*

"ARGH!"

*WHAM*

"Owwwwwww...." Trinket, as the cat was called (do to his numerous accessories) was now lying on the ground, pinned by a tree branch, across the street from someone's house. The lights were on, and a newspaper was lying out front. Nobody seemed to have heard anything yet, though. Seems Trinket was still on his own. He shook out his head, and shoved the branch off himself. "Tha' banner's gotta still be up there..." Trinket pounced at the tree, attempting to shimmy up the trunk, using his claws for grip. He probably would have made it all the way up if the tree didn't seem to hate him.

*crrrriiickk*

"Huh?"

*CEEERRRRKK*

"Ahh! Oh...aw, COME ON!"

Claws stuck in the bark, Trinket couldn't even throw out his hands to stop his fall when the bark he was climbing up stripped off the tree under his own lightweight. And, of course, he landed back first on the fallen branch bellow.

"EEEEEeeeeeeiiiiiiiaaaggghhh!! Ow ow ow ow ow!" He sat up and shook his head out again. "This is the LAST time I ever get out this early, even to be able to explore a new place without running into others!" Trinket approached the tree, ready to climb it again. "Alright, Mr. Tree, third time's a cha-" Trinket's statement to the oak tree was cut short by him slipping on a nearby root covered in morning dew, sending him spiraling backwards...onto...you know it, that tree branch again.

"ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! WHAT DID I FORGET TO DO? KNOCK ON WOOD?!" If anyone was across the street at this point, they'd certainly hear it. Trinket got up once more, to spit at the tree in spite, and turned to go. If he couldn't climb the tree, he could just wait at home until the banner came home. Bad luck had trouble getting to you if the only thing you did was lie around on your bed. (Well, unless you count the time where there was that mattress spring that popped out and...ouch. But you get the point.) Trinket threw his nose in the air, spun around, took two steps...

And tripped over that tree branch.

Right into a mud puddle that didn't seem to be there moments ago.

Trinket lifted his face up, spat out a mouthful of mud and pulled a stick off his face. "I HATE it when I lose the banner."
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale heard some loud noises coming from outside as he approached the front door, quickly exiting his house while closing the door behind him. He saw another cat across the street who had just fallen into the mud before his eyes. "Are you ok?" he said rushing over to the cat.

Meanwhile, in a van not to far away. Two young gentleman were just entering Brookshire Meadows, easily passing through the gates with a lame excuse.

"Why are we going out here? This is a pet Friendly neighborhood why would he be here?" The man in the passenger seat questioned.

"If you were on the run, wouldn't you go somewhere where everyone would accept you? Plus it would explain how no one has found him yet, animal control doesn't patrol here."

"If you say so. All I know is that we better find him. To much time and money has been invested in him for us to just loose him in transit at the airport."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sid woke up on top of his owner. He snuggled into him, holding on to the last few minutes of sleep, but he couldn't drift back to that wonderland. He got up and looked at the clock. It was before 12:00: early for him. He stretched out and yawned, still on top of his owner, then jumped off of the bed. He looked around and took his Glasses, putting them on and securing them before he went and got his jacket and collar. He went out of the room, closing the door behind him, and walked into the kitchen. One of the roommates was already up, watching Cartoon-Network over a bowl of lucky-charms. Sid got his own and joined him, sitting next to him.
Tom and Jerry were up to their usual antics, it looked like Tom was about to catch Jerry for once, but then he got hit by an anvil. Sid swallowed his food and snarled "That little-" he called the mouse something vulgar, "That wasn't even fair! He was gonna get him, and then an anvil hits him! That's not cool!" The roommate laughed. "Hey, it's not funny! How'd you like it if you were gonna eat a tasty looking mouse and suddenly got his by an anvil?!" Sid swore about it "-killed my buzz. I'm outta here." He got up, taking care of his bowl. He went to the front door and walked outside: He had a new day with new trouble to cause.

He hadn't gotten far when he saw a familiar looking truck. Without thinking, he was behind a fence, peeking over it at it to make sure no one was chasing him from it. He'd seen them in inner-city Detroit, but why were they here too? He had hoped this place would be different. He jumped down off the back and examined his collar: it meant he didn't need to run, but he'd had over a year of experience telling him to. He had only made it out of his last encounter because John had found out fast enough to adopt him...
He looked around and went up the fence on the other side of the yard, looking around. He wanted to explore a bit, but he was terrified of Animal Control...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

(Part 3)
<Frank_Holiday> "FOR GREAT JUSTIIIIICCCEEEE!!!!!" he cried before swinging as hard as he could.
<Frank_Holiday> SPA- WAAAAANNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Frank_Holiday> Matt blinked. Then facepalmed.
<Frank_Holiday> "Frank, you idiot."

<RockstarRaccoon> The raccoon let out a loud yelp as he saw the frying-pan hit him, throwing him across the porch and back into the wall of the house. He had been hit real good, and everything had gone dark. He lost consciousness, his last thoughts a blur of terror.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin ran over to the door and looked at the unconcious raccoon. "Yay, Frank did it!" He paused, looking at Matt and Frank. "Can we eat him now?"

<RockstarRaccoon> The raccoon lied there, totally unconscious, a drop of blood came out of his mouth from being hit in the face.

<Frank_Holiday> "No, we can't eat him," sighed Matt. "Frank, think before you react next time." With another sigh, he called the park ranger's office and got a pet carrier.
<Frank_Holiday> "Hello, Ranger's Office?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki had just woken up. He'd gone to bed with Jack, and wasn't used to being in bed so early. He was considering his options when the office-phone rang. "I'll get that." he said, lifting Jack's arm off of his belly and sliding out of the bed, grabbing his collar from the night stand to put it on. He walked to the metal door and undid the deadbolt, opening it up so he could get to the phone. He hopped up on the chair and
<RockstarRaccoon> picked up the phone. "Brookshire Forest Ranger's station. Rikki speaking, what's your emergency?"

<@Nekoyasha> Darin's head hung low, still standing near Frank. He didn't understand why they were sparring the raccoons life. He sulked over to Matt and tried listening to what was being said.

<Frank_Holiday> "Oh hey, Rikki!" said Matt, recognizing the name. "Err, I may have caught a relative of yours over here rummaging through my trash. Frank kinda hit him with a frying pan. You guys wanna come pick him up?"

<RockstarRaccoon> "Oh, hi Matt. That was stupid of him, I'm glad you called us and not Animal Control.... Relative?" Rikki asked, "Did... did he say my name? What do you mean, 'Relative'?" Rikki knew that, coming from a human, that could mean anything.

<Frank_Holiday> "Sorry, it's just another raccoon.”

<RockstarRaccoon> "Really? Did he say his name?" Rikki's brow furrowed. There were only a few Raccoons in the forest. He actually only knew of 3 others at that time, and he hoped it wasn't the one he was thinking of...

<Frank_Holiday> "Didn't say a name, but he's pretty scrawny looking."

<RockstarRaccoon> The description was getting narrowed. There were only 2 which would classify as scrawny. "You mind if I talk to him?"

<Frank_Holiday> "He's kinda... unconscious."

<@Nekoyasha> Darin leaned against Matts leg, yawning.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki facepawed. "Why is he...? Ugh... You know what? Look at his tail and tell me if there is a bushy, black end there, or if it ends in a grey stub.”

<Frank_Holiday> "Err... yeah, bushy black end. Why? Is that significant?"

<RockstarRaccoon> "Takuuuu!" Rikki whined, annoyed. "Yeah, sounds like you found my son. Why he was in your house, I don't know. Where is he now? Why is he unconscious?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Frank thought he was trying to attack us or something and hit him with a frying pan. Sorry."

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki facepawed. Frank was probably having a hallucination from all the drugs. "Well, I guess it's his own fault then. I'll be over there in a couple minutes. Where is he now?"

<Frank_Holiday> "On our porch."

<RockstarRaccoon> "Well... get him inside or something. Just be careful, 'cause he might attack you if he wakes up... you have a box you could put him in or something?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Pet carrier works, I guess, hold please." Matt went and scooped Taku into Frank's mostly unused pet carrier. "Right, that's over with. When will you be here?"

<RockstarRaccoon> "So... a 'Pet Carrier', that's like a little cage right? That should work. I'll be there fast enough, I'll just run down the road. Alright?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Cool, I'll see you in a few. Bye!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack walked up to the metal doorway behind Rikki as he hung up, still in his night-clothes "What was that? Do I need to get dressed?"
<RockstarRaccoon> "No. Apparently my son thought it would be a good idea to break into someone's house. I'm gonna go into town and get him, you can go back to bed..."
<RockstarRaccoon> "Alright," Jack turned around and went back to bed, "call me if you need me." he closed and locked the metal door behind him.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki looked around and put a few things in his collar, finally clipping the walkie-talkie on, just in case. He walked out the door into the cold night, locking it behind him. He scurried off towards town.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin looked up at Matt, "Is the raccoon going away?"

<Frank_Holiday> "I guess," replied Matt, shrugging. "Apparently, he's the son of the Ranger Station's pet raccoon."
<Frank_Holiday> Frank leaned against the door jam of the Porch Door and yawned.
<Frank_Holiday> "So what, I just hit Rikki's son in the face? Talk about coincidences."

<@Nekoyasha> Darin walked to the pet carrier and looked inside at the Sleeping coon. "I can't believe you didn't hear him before. He was scarey and weird."

<Frank_Holiday> "What? I sleep deeply!" protested Frank. "My perception only works when used in conjunction with women and catnip!"

<Frank_Holiday> "Well... maybe not the nip," said Frank thoughtfully.

<@Nekoyasha> "Nip?" Darin questioned, turning to Frank.

<Frank_Holiday> "Eh, don't worry about it, kid," said Frank, dismissing it with a wave of his hand. "You'll learn in a few years."

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki vaulted over the emergency-service gate at the back of the development. Matt's house was on the corner. He heard the voices coming from the back, so he vaulted that fence too, walking towards the back of the house, light reflecting out of his round pupils.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin's ears twitched, he turned to the opened back door and saw another Raccoon approaching.

<RockstarRaccoon> "So where is he?" Rikki said in an irritated tone, panting slightly from the dash.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin quickly dashed behind Matt's legs.

<Frank_Holiday> "In here," said Matt, tapping on the pet carrier. "Here's to hoping he doesn't suffer permanent damage."

<@Nekoyasha> Darin peered around to the new arrival.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki went straight for the pet carrier, opening the door and reaching inside. He winced at the sight of the blood. "Yeah, that's Taku" he said in a hushed concern "that's my son... Where did you hit him?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Frying pan to face," said Frank, handing over the evidence. "I have the right to remain silent. Anything I say can and will be used against me, yadda yadda."

<Frank_Holiday> "Please don't arrest me," finished Frank.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin remained silent, still watching Rikki.

<RockstarRaccoon> He turned back to the cage and tarted examining his son's face. The blood was from a broken tooth, not a vital one and split gum. He seemed badly bruised, but his skull seemed intact. "Yep. You hit him pretty hard, but he should be fine..."

<Frank_Holiday> Frank fell to the ground with a groan. Matt rolled his eyes. Frank had suffered worse at the hands of Fangirl Juggernauts.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki softly petted the head of the raccoon in the cage, then closed the door and re-latched it. He turned to Matt, "you mind kneeling down here for a second?"

<Frank_Holiday> Matt got down on one knee. "Yeah? Whaddya need?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki walked up to Matt and hugged him tight. "Thank you so much for not calling Animal Control on him, I've already lost one child to them..." He said, in a hushed, humanlike tone.
<RockstarRaccoon> Just then, Rikki noticed the Wolf Pup clinging to Matt's leg. "Another one?" he straightened up "What are You doing here? You're not one of Ceasar's pups!"

<@Nekoyasha> "W-What?" Darin clung to Matt's leg.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki knelt down next to the wolf pup. "Where is your pack young one?"
<RockstarRaccoon> He had a mildly parental tone to him.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin's ears drooped down. "Humans took them..."

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki looked at the little wolf, his tone softened: it seemed as if he had some practice with this. "I'm sorry to hear that young one. What are you doing here?"

<@Nekoyasha> "Matt saved me!" he huggled Matt's leg.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Saved... I see." Rikki turned to Matt. "Where did you find him?"

<Frank_Holiday> "We found him by the road, conked out on a rock," said Matt, huggling Darin back. "Otherwise, Animal Control probably would have scooped him off to who knows where."

<RockstarRaccoon> "Well, it looks like you've done the right thing twice now, I don't think you should keep him though: he is a wild animal." he looked back down at the pup. "Have you had anything to eat recently? You must be hungry."

<@Nekoyasha> Darin thought back, "Well I had chicken strips but they made my tummy hurt. Then Matt gave me canned stuff, but it takes like animal fat and dirty grass."

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki raised a brow: he had an idea as to what he was talking about. He looked back at Matt, "Mind if I see this canned food?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Yeah, we got it from the Pet Clinic," said Matt, running to the kitchen real fast and retriving the can.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki took the can and looked at it, yep, this looked familiar. "Can I have a can-opener for this?"

<Frank_Holiday> Matt retrieved the utensil.
<Frank_Holiday> Meanwhile, Frank twitched spasmodically.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki opened the can and sniffed its contents, sticking a claw in to taste. "Just as I thought. This is no good. Human vets never know anything about animal diets..." He plopped the can down on the table and walked toward the kitchen.

<Frank_Holiday> Matt watched. Rikki seemed to have a handle on things, and he was greatly dismayed about the pet food.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki opened the fridge and examined its contents before pulling out the bacon. "THIS is what he should be eating." He closed the door behind him, taking the meat to a table. "Children shouldn't be eating cooked and processed canned goods, that ruins the stomach. They need raw meat!"

<Frank_Holiday> "But what if they got their stomach pumped?"

<@Nekoyasha> Darin shuddered at the horrible experience.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki stared at Frank, "well, what was he eating when he had the problem?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Errr... probably the likely to be unsanitary deep fried chicken strips at the stadium," said Matt, anime-crying in the corner.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki scoffed "Fried food? No wonder he got sick! He's used to real cuts of meat, straight from the carcass in his mother's mouth!" He tore off a piece of the meat and sniffed it for quality. "Like this!" he got down and put it to the wolf pup's mouth.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin backed away, "M-matt said I shouldn't eat it..."

<Frank_Holiday> "Listen to Rikki," said Matt, wiping his tears. "He is from the WILD and knows more than I ever shall!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki waved the little bit of meat "Go on." he said.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin took the piece of meat, sniffing it before quickly consuming it. "Mmmm..."

<RockstarRaccoon> "Good. You like that don't you?" He took another bit. "Have a little more. It'll make you strong." he said, getting fatherly.
<RockstarRaccoon> Suddenly, the cage jumped, and something started squirming inside of it, letting out little whimpering noises.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin jumped, falling over onto his back.

<Frank_Holiday> Matt jumped in shock as well. Frank twitched spasmodically again.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki looked up at the cage. "Looks like he's awake." He walked over to the cage and stuck his face in front of the bars. "Well, it looks like someone woke up."
<RockstarRaccoon> "Dad!" Said the raccoon, "I..."
<RockstarRaccoon> "You WHAT? Decided to go into a HUMAN HOME? You know what happened to your sister when SHE went in human territory? They TOOK HER. I couldn't get the men to give her back, and they almost took me too. We never saw Tati again." He closed his eyes and spoke in a hushed voice "Oh, mother nature, Tati..." he spoke up again "What were you even DOING here?"
<RockstarRaccoon> "I... I was hungry, there isn't enough food in the forest anymore, I..." he stopped talking.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki got up and took the can of dog food from the table. "Hungry? Eat this." He opened the cage, shoved it in, and latched it shut again.
<RockstarRaccoon> The raccoon began to eat it "yech, what is this?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Pet food," said Matt, poking Frank with a stick. "Yet another reason why domestics have no fun."

<RockstarRaccoon> "It's food. You'll eat it, and you'll like it. It's all you're getting." He turned back to Matt. "well, it looks like I'm gonna take him back. Let me take the wolf pup with me too, I can figure out where his pack is. Come by the station tomorrow." He looked down at the pup "alright?"

<@Nekoyasha> Darin's face lit up, "You can find them?!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki looked down at him, "If Animal Control took them out of a preserve, it must have been to move them somewhere. I can look them up in a human list of those things.”

<@Nekoyasha> Darin glomped Rikki, "Oh thank you Mr.Raccoon!"

<Frank_Holiday> "Oh excellent," said Matt. "And here I thought I'd have to call in the Chicago Pet Mafia. That would be a MUCH longer process."

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki held the Pup in his arms, holding him firmly in a hug.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki looked at Matt "Chicago who? Are they a club or something? Chicago's a human town like this one, right?"

<Frank_Holiday> "Err... don't worry about it, Rikki," said Matt.
<Frank_Holiday> Frank twitched again.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin let go of the hug, "Mr.Raccoon can we go find them now?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki sighed, gently stroking the pup in his arms like it was his own. "I wish I had someone to find out what happened to my daughter..." He looked down at the pup "You ready to go? Alright then." He walked to the cage, opened it, and dragged his son out by the scruff of his neck.
[03:20] <RockstarRaccoon> Taku reached for the cage "hey, I wasn't finished!" he cried.
[03:20] <RockstarRaccoon> "Oh no, Taku, you aren't finished. You won't be until I've had a bit longer of a talk with you" he scoffed, dragging his son (who was almost as big as him) towards the front door with one paw. "Say goodbye young one."
[03:21] <RockstarRaccoon> Taku's eyes lowered, he was gonna get one long lecture for this one.

<Frank_Holiday> "Bye Darin!" said Matt. "I'm going to go treat Frank for a concussion," said Matt, scooping up Frank. "Good luck, be safe, and make good decisions!" He went inside and grabbed the First Aid Kit before descending to Frank's room to bandage him up. With that done and Frank snoring peacefully, he returned to bed and quickly went back to sleep.

<@Nekoyasha> "Bye..." Darin watched as Matt ran off with Frank. He looked up at Rikki. "Can I tell them bye before I go back to my pack?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki let go of Taku, who followed with his head down in a submissive posture, rubbing the place where Rikki had been holding him.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki smiled down at the pup, "Sure, you'll see them tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring them with so your parents can thank them. Don't worry for now, I'll take good care of you. Right Taku?"
<RockstarRaccoon> "Yes father." Taku said in a solemn tone, feeling embarrassed.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin Smiled, nuzzling Rikki's fur.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki hugged the puppy close against his warm belly "here you go, just relax..." he cradled him gently in his arms, rocking him to sleep. He looked at Taku, "I need you to open the gate" he said softly before looking back at the puppy.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin couldn't help but fall asleep. He was already drowsy and Rikki's actions helped him fall asleep.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki felt the puppy fall fast asleep in his arms. He lightly nuzzled his head and whispered "goodnight." before looking up as he and Taku walked along the dirt road.
<RockstarRaccoon> "So... are you gonna find his parents?" asked Taku softly, trying to get his dad's disappointment off of him.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki turned his head to him, paying close attention to the puppy to make sure he didn't wake up to hear him. "I don't know... I don't know if they're even alive... If Animal Control got them, anything can happen... You know what we call their truck..."
<RockstarRaccoon> Taku gulped. "The Death Box" he whispered, as if the name was something scary in itself.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki didn't react, as if teaching his son a lesson. "Yes, and why do we call it that?"
<RockstarRaccoon> "Because... Because they take animals away and we never see them again..." Taku finished, chilled by it...
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki continued "and if we do?"
<RockstarRaccoon> Taku Shuddered, "I... I don't know...."
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki said again "If we do?"
<RockstarRaccoon> Taku gave in and whispered "They do terrible things to them..."
<RockstarRaccoon> "That's right." Rikki said. He moved to Taku and nuzzled him with his side. "Your brother is gone, and your sister was taken before her first winter. You're all I have left. Please don't make me loose you too."

<@Nekoyasha> Darin whimpered softly, having the same nightmare from before.
<@Nekoyasha> Darin's legs kicked lightly as he ran away from the pursuing humans in his dream. His whimpering getting more audible.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki looked down at him, hoping he hadn't heard them in his sleep. He stroked the pup gently with one arm, holding him close to make him feel safe.

<@Nekoyasha> Darin's legs stilled, only softly whimpering now.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki gently stroked his head again, calming him like he would his own pup in a nightmare, holding him tight on all sides, keeping him warm...
<RockstarRaccoon> "Is he.... gonna be ok?" asked Taku in a murmur....
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki replied in a whisper. "He'll be just fine." he cuddled the puppy close, then looked meaningfully into his son's eyes. "I'll make sure of it."
<RockstarRaccoon> They reached the station, as the first light of morning began to show in the sky.
<@Nekoyasha> Darin quieted down, falling into a peaceful slumber.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki turned to Taku as they reached the back door, "I'm gonna need you to hold him."
<RockstarRaccoon> "What? I don't know how to do that, he looks heavy..."
<RockstarRaccoon> "Come here, let me teach you..." Rikki said, he had done this with Taku and his siblings many times before, as well as Caesar's pups. "You need to put one arm down like this," he leaned to show Taku, "to support him, and the other arm to keep him pressed against you so he doesn't wake up." He handed him to Taku, who followed his instructions. He turned back to the door and pulled a ring with a dozen keys out of his collar, unlocking the door. Him and Taku went inside.

<Nekoyasha> Darin nuzzled Taku's fur as he slept, unaware of being switched between the Raccoons.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Uh, he's like, nuzzling me..." said Taku, unsure of what to do.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki chuckled quietly, "That's a good thing, it means he feels safe." He unlocked the next door and took Taku into the hall behind it, re-locking it behind them.
<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki took then into a small sitting room and threw a blanket over a couch, taking Darin from Taku. "Alright, get up there. Now," he handed Darin back as Taku settled in the seat "Go ahead and sleep with him between you and the back. I'm gonna talk to Jack when he gets up."
<RockstarRaccoon> Taku nodded and turned over with the wolf pup, lying with his back to Rikki, still hugging the pup. Rikki walked out, closing the door behind him, and Taku drifted off, tired, cuddling his care as he slept.

(the end)
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Once Flake's dad woke up, He went directly to the Hospital. "What's the status with Flake?" He questioned the doctors. "Well, Flake had some trouble in the night, so We're gonna need to keep him a bit longer, For about 3 more hours at least." Flake's father visited Flake, then went home.
Last edited by Auzzo on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Kytes was woken up by a loud crashing sound that sounded like it was right outside his window. He literally crawled out of bed and to his window, sleepily investigating the sound. One of the branches on the tree outside had broken off and fallen to the ground. There was a cat that was apparently trying to climb the tree. Kytes was going to yell out the window for the cat to get off the tree, but just then the bark peeled off the tree and sent the cat back down onto the fallen limb.

As Kytes stood up, he felt an odd tugging on his tail. He looked down at his tail and saw yarn tied to the end. Yarn? he thought for a second. Now I know why he was so mad last night. I got mad at him for trying to steal from me, and here I am with his yarn. He untied the yarn from his tail and gathered the rest of the ball and put it all on his bed. I'll need to remember to get that back to him. He went to his closet and grabbed a box from the top shelf. Anyway, let's try something else today. He took the box and the yarn from his bed and went downstairs. He put them by the back door, stuck into the kitchen and stole some ham out of the fridge. He took everything outside in his backyard and sat down, eating the ham.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian groaned loudly as the morning sun crept across his face. He tried to roll away form it, but that proved pointless as his alarm erupted into a fit of loud squawking sounds. The little corgi sighed in frustration, slapping his hand across the obnoxious little contraption. This didn't have the desired effect, however, as the sounds coming from the alarm grew louder, reverberating around the room. Ian yelped in surprise, trying to protect his ears, and turn of the alarm at the same time. Finally, Ian managed to yank the power cord out of the wall, and the room fell silent. He breathed a sigh of relief, flopping backwards on his bed and staring up at the ceiling. He hadn't really slept well, the room being so unfamiliar. Most of his new living quarters was still stacked with boxes. After a minute or two, Ian forced himself to his feet with a groan, snatching his collar off of the bedside table, and stomped out of his room.

A few minutes later, Ian walked through the front door, biding a farewell to his parents. A doggy biscuit clenched in his teeth, Ian snatched his trusty old red bandanna out of his collar and swiftly and expertly tied it around his head, pinning his ears back. He barely touched the steps as he hopped off of the porch and walked out to the edge of the road. He glanced up and down the road for something to do.

((Someone can initiate a conversation with Ian, or I'll post again later.))
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki went into Jack's quarters, walking through the wooden door to the bedroom. He stood next to the bed and shook Jack. "Jack, I got Taku from the house. I found an abandoned wolf-pup while I was there. I left him in the inner-waiting-room with Taku, they're sleeping. We need to do anything yet?"
Jack groaned and rubbed his eyes with his arm. "Let me sleep for a couple more hours, ok Rikki? Then we can deal with it."
"Alright, I'll do that too..." he climbed back up onto the bed and fell asleep in the same way he had been before.

-------- Later that Morning... --------

Sid looked around. The truck was going to circle around a bit, he knew the pattern, he decided to keep to the backyards. He walked a house down on top of the fence when he spotted a white dog: was that the one he'd yelled at? He was a little afraid, but he decided to go over to it. He scurried across the fence on all fours and jumped down to the ground, half-flipping to land on his feet. He walked over to the dog "Hey, I-" Not the same Dog. "Um... Hi. I'm uh... new here..." He felt a little awkward: this wasn't something you did in Detroit, but he figured it was different here...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra looked around for a split second, as if not realizing his existence, but near immediately noticed him. Black cats, weren't those like, bad luck? She smiled and said, "Hi! I'm Kyra, and I have a feeling that some might say you have bad luck, but I don't think you'll be a problem with me!" She tried to stop what she said, but couldn't. "Uh-- er, I'm sorry, that just... kinda slipped out..." She felt as awkward as the air surrounding her already felt.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

He didn't even flinch at the awkward comment, instead, coming back with his own. "Nice to meet you Kyra! I'm Sid, and I have a feeling some people might call you a dumb dog, but I don't think you'll have a problem with me either!" He gave a cheshire grin.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Ah, but I'm not 'dumb', I'm oblivious. At times. Of course, they are two different things, as 'dumb' can be lacking in intelligence to your comparison, whereas being oblivious means that I am unaware of my surroundings. Mainly when I'm reading a book, although sometimes just for the reason of my mind trailing off in thought. Like now. I am not dumb, I can't really use technology, but I'm not dumb. I got a good grade on an exam that I would've taken if I was in 4th or 5th grade, although it was fairly simple, I mean, there weren't even phrases or clauses, shows how easy it'd be. And all of this is simple, I mean, after about a month you know what the words and such mean, and y'know the weirdest thing? I remember all of this from the huge blur in my memory, but I don't remember anything. I mean, I knew how to read and write to an extent, 'to a 2nd grader's extent' said my mom, but it's just like, I think the memories were captured by my subconscious and dragged into the abyss of my mind." Kyra tried to say as much as she could to throw the cat off track. One thing she enjoyed more than books and that video game was to see a person confused by her. Well, maybe books were better. And the video game.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid followed every word. He was used to fast-talking, even if he didn't understand what was being said (he just interpreted it as if the Dog had made it up on the spot. He coul've given his own long-winded response, but he didn't feel like it, so he just said "Book-Nerd!" giving the dog a playful (yet hard) punch on the shoulder
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra nearly fell over when she was punched by the cat, but didn't phase out or anything. She was used to running into things by now, and this wasn't really any different. She held up a leg as she lost balance, and right away, caught balance. She said, "See? Now that's what I'm looking for. Why? Because I am, whether insult or not, it's true. Others chose to take it as insult, I take it as... what I am, I guess." She paused for a second, and said, "I mean being called booknerd isn't bad."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid scratched his chin at this wacky dog. Very entertaining. "I'll say, you're so much of a Book Nerd you've even got a book on your collar." Suddenly he saw the truck again, coming around the corner. "Look out!" He grabbed the dog and pulled it behind a bush with him, "AC's in town." he said in a bit of a hush, pointing at the truck through the bush.
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra looked over at the van. "AC? Why would there be Air Conditioning? In the shape of a van? I'd say that'd be like FBI or something." She thought about why they were behind the bush. "Why are we hiding here if my house is right there?" She pointed down the street, about a couple meters away, or so she assumed, was her house. "I walk over, say this is my house, plead the fifth amendment, and that's that." She wasn't exactly thinking about the cat. Eh, if the FBI got him, they'd see he wasn't a mutant alien, and leave. She looked at the cat. Eh... maybe not. She decided to get ready to drag him by his arm if need be.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian sighed. There didn't seem to be anything interesting on his street this early in the morning. He turned on a heel and started strolling down the sidewalk, eyes glued to the ground in front of him. After a few moments, the silent street was filled with the sound of a car engine. Ian's ears ruffled the bandanna slightly as they tried to perk up, and he turned to see a van coming toward him. It looked to be of some kind of regulation build. Almost like the Animal Control vans he had seen at his old home. He cocked his head slightly at the vehicle as he came to a stop. I thought this neighborhood didn't have AC...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"air conditioning?! What!? No. ANIMAL CONTROL. They'll come and nab you and take you to the pound if they see you!" He held her down behind the bush. Suddenly he noticed a dog walking on the sidewalk they had been on. He looked at the van: still a ways away. He decided to chance it. He reached over the bush and grabbed the dog by the collar, yanking his legs out from under him as he pulled him over the bush and held him down next to the other dog. "Get down!" he said in a frantic tone "AC's coming!" He pointed at the van, which loomed closer.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote:"We got all the stuff on the list," Jacob answered. "I guess it's time to check out."
"Yup. Let's go. Oh and Enya, thanks for helping us out!" Shep said as grabbed the basket and headed towards the check out counters.
"Oho you welcome Mr Nose is Syrup hahaha...." Enya said, laughing and following Shep and Jacob.

"So that"ll be $200 sir. Wow that's a lot of stuff. Doing a BBQ?" the same lady behind the counter asked as she passed the items to an assistant bagging the items. "Yeah. Me and my dad just moved in and were doin' a BBQ." Shep said, handing her the money. She looked down at him again and ruffled the soft fur on his head, giggling a bit. "Dang, wish I could have you as a pet. I'm so lonely at times."
"Well but I'm pretty sure you're hot enough to get a sexy man for yourself instead. Adios!" Shep said, leaving the young blonde cashier girl blushing and dreamy for the rest of the entire day.

Shep guffawed as they stepped out with 5 bags full of food. "Heh. Ain't I a smooth operata?" Shep asked Jacob, picking up his cell phone and calling his dad to pick them up.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Pound? Like... with a hammer? Why would they want to kill me!?" Kyra had heard of the Animal Control, but never what they did. All she knew was that one day the animal was sleeping peacefully on the street, and when animal control came by, they never appeared again.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian was squinting to try and get a view of the driver of the mystery van, but he couldn't make anything out. He was just about to turn and go on his way again, when something snagged his collar, and he was yanked into the bushes with a yelp. Ian froze when he hit the ground, he could feel other people near him, but he dared not open his eyes to see. A tiny whimper escaped him as he cringed away from the paw forcing him to the ground. A voice was shouting at him, but he couldn't really understand it. Ian could only here his heart beating in his ears. "D-Don't ... h-hurt ... m-me!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"HUSH!" Sid commanded, lying on top of the new dog, holding Kyra down with a free arm. He watched as the van came by them, pressing his ears down. Two men in uniforms were looking out the windows, scanning the side of the road. He held his breath as they went by...
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra noticed the cat holding his breath, so she did the same. Except for the part that she couldn't hold her breath for more than 3 seconds. She tried to keep holding, her right eye twitching. She wouldn't be crushed by a gigantic hammer. Like that guy with the red hat. Speaking of which, how could he hold that thing? Did he have powers or something?

During her sequence of thoughts, Kyra forgot she was holding her breath.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian's eyes shot wide open as the force of someone's body pushed down on him, forcing the air from his lungs. He wheezed and panted, thrashing weakly under the weight. All the little corgi could see was fur. It almost smothered his whole body. After several seconds, Ian realized that his assailant wasn't moving, so, to conserve his oxygen, he lay still, eyes pivoting back and forth franticly.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid didn't move at all, he didn't even take a single breath as they went by. He was ready to dart back over the fence and leave the dogs if they saw them... but they didn't... The van drove on, he exhaled with a sigh, but stayed where he was until they started to round the corner.
He rolled off of the dog and onto his back, panting "Wow... that was a close one..."
Atari

Post by Atari »

...and then there was the green thing that looked like the guy with the green hat who helped the guy with the red had help defeat the guy in the turtle shell who stole the girl in the pink dress who... who was that again? Breathe, was it? Wait, why would a girl be named "breathe"? Oh, wait. I get it! Kyra stood up, and looked around for a second, before inhaling the fastest she could, and nearly falling to the ground but just ending up on her knees. Between breaths, she said, "Never... again..."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian shot straight up once the mystery attacker had rolled off. He gave a loud gasp, filling his lungs with cool air. He had barely time enough to recuperate when something snapped in his brain. He turned on the person who had grabbed him, rearing up at them. "What was THAT all about?! Were you trying to KILL ME?!" He gave a few more wheezing gasps, glaring at the assailant. A cat he realized. A cat with shades. How many weird felines could there be in this neighborhood?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Kill you!?" Sid yelled, immediately angered. "I just saved your-" he said impolite adjectives "-life! That was ANIMAL CONTROL, do you have any idea what those-" he swore about them "-do when they catch you!?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian flinched away as the strange cat "tore into him". This cat didn't seem all talk and no walk like the big-show from the day before. This cat meant business. Ian cowered back, attempting to put distance between him and the angered feline, but he was stopped as a tree hit his back. Ian stared up at the cat with wide eyes as he railed at him. This is not how the little corgi expected his day to go. Ian's eyes were rimmed with pure terror, and his whole body was shaking. "I-I-I... Sorry..."
DarkHeartsAndSuch

After Kytes finished eating the ham, he opened the box he brought out. Let's see what's going on this morning, he thought as he pulled a portable T.V. and a RC jet airplane out of the box. He tied the yarn to the end of the plane and tied knots into the yarn to shorten it's extent off the back of the plane. Kytes looked at the T.V. as he pointed the plane's nose at his face. So the camera's functioning well. He threw the plane towards the fence in front of him and flew it around his house, using the camera as a guide. He flew it down the street, seeing two dogs and a cat that looked eerily familiar near a bush. He circled his little jet around the bushes, trying to catch their conversation on the jet's mic.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid fumed, staring at him angrily, but his anger hit a wall: he'd have to be pushed a little more before he'd get angrier, but once that happened, it wouldn't be long before someone got DECKED. He stared, growling at the dog, before he lost interest, and turned back to Kyra, most of his anger running out of him seeing the dog on the ground. He knelt down and held out a paw to help her up, "Hey, you ok there?" he asked in a gruff voice.

(( Rolling a D10 for the jet against Sid's perception of 4. Rolled a 6. ))
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Huh? Oh... yeah... just... not gonna... hold breath now... stars, yay..." Kyra felt a little lightheaded. Although, she likely would act this way even if she wasn't. She took the cat's paw, and stood up. She shook her head to try and remove the lightheaded feeling. "That wasn't fun, heh."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian's eyes never left the cat as it turned away from him, helping up another dog that he hadn't noticed before. Slowly and quietly, Ian maneuvered around the tree blocking his path, trying to sneak away. Before he had moved far, however, a soft sound came to his ears. Some kind of whispering sound almost. Like the wind. Ian looked up quickly, briefly taking his eyes from the cat. A small object zipped by them, making scarcely a sound. It looked like... a plane! "What the..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid pulled the dog up, and into his shoulder, giving it some support. "Yeah, I know, that was kinda scary... now that I think about it though, I doubt we'd be in trouble, seeing as we all have collars now... oh well, never hurts to be safe..." he felt a little awkward at his realization, but he didn't care.

(( Rolled a 3. ))

Sid's ear twitched, "You hear something?" He looked up, seeing if it was a bird.

(( Rolled a 9 against Sid's poor eyesight, he's not seeing it yet. ))

He held up a paw, shielding his sunglasses from the glare of the sun.
JOFOXX wrote:Ian's eyes never left the cat as it turned away from him, helping up another dog that he hadn't noticed before. Slowly and quietly, Ian maneuvered around the tree blocking his path, trying to sneak away. Before he had moved far, however, a soft sound came to his ears. Some kind of whispering sound almost. Like the wind. Ian looked up quickly, briefly taking his eyes from the cat. A small object zipped by them, making scarcely a sound. It looked like... a plane! "What the..."
"What is it? You see something?" Sid asked, annoyed, searching for the source of the noise...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes turned the jet around and headed back toward the bush, slower and closer to the ground this time. He hadn't heard anything on his first pass.

(the plane is out of reach, around second story building height, and it's about the size of a laptop... and blue! bright blue!)

RP Characters
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Neko wrote:He saw another cat across the street who had just fallen into the mud before his eyes. "Are you ok?" he said rushing over to the cat.
Trinket lifted up his face and shook rapidly. "Buuuggghhhahhlagggah," some weird noise came from his mouth as mud sprayed everywhere. "Yeah...fine." Trinket tried to push himself up from the puddle, but lost grip and slipped back down into it. *SPLAT* A groan could be heard, and small bubbles came out from under Trinket's face in the mud puddle.
"Help?" He asked meekly to the nearby cat.
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale got a bit of mud on him when the cat shook himself out, but he soon fell back into the mud. Cale held out his paw for him, "Here, I'll help you up."
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Neko wrote:Cale got a bit of mud on him when the cat shook himself out, but he soon fell back into the mud. Cale held out his paw for him, "Here, I'll help you up."
"Thanks." Trinket started to get up again, but once again slipped. At least this time this random orange cat caught his paw, so Trinket didn't go down in the mud again. The orange cat helped him up, and Trinket wiped whatever mud he could off himself. Strangely, his collar and pendant were spotless. "Uh...sorry for getting mud on you. I hate it when I lose my earring..."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Oh, don't worry it's just a bit of mud," Cale wiped the bits of mud off his fur. "You lost your earring? Maybe I can help you find it."

The van pulled into the next street, "This is the last street. I'm starting to doubt your plan, we should of-"

"Look," he slowed the van down to a stop, seeing 2 dirtied up cats only about 7 meters away. "That one cat has a bunch of expensive looking jewelry, might sell nicely. Not to mention we could sell them as pets, or laborers." he laughed. "The orange one still looks rather young, good price for the younger ones," he sneered.

"Better to take back 2 strays and some nice gems then nothing at all..."

"My point exactly, c'mon before they spot us and run." He reached back and grabbed 2 control poles (loop on a stick), handing one to his partner. The two men got out of the van, softly closing their doors and quickly descended upon the two pets.

"Do you know where you might have-" Cale turned as the two men approached them. Animal control, what're they doing- he quickly felt his neck, realizing he hadn't put his collar back on.

The two men snatched the two cats with a control pole for each, before they could even react. They tightened the loops on the poles and began to forcefully drag them back to the their van.