Post by Dissension »

[ Private Space ]

Title Text: You can heal me but not fix the ear, huh

Maxwell still can't catch a break. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
tenta

Re: 2013/08/26 - Private Space

Post by tenta »

Each time i see this. I kind of think of the matrix for some reason.

Max took the blue pill. lol
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Of course that was gonna happen ... Q: who didn´t saw it comming (A: ... me)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Johnnaman
Location: In your backyard tree...looking at you right now...

Post by Johnnaman »

Wow. O.o..........................Nice room?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok a rather abrupt way for that to go I admit. I really hope we get some closure on what in the world Max was talking about in the last strip. However I have a feeling its going to be one of those things that are left for like another year or two. Really hope I'm wrong though.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rick, your juxtaposition of the supernatural and moody teenagedness is absolutely awesome.

As are your awful copout endings. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

One can almost feel for Dragon, here. At least Max was willing to listen this time around.

There's really no point to the "just a dream" thing anymore, is there?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
gameace777

Post by gameace777 »

Anyone notice the poster she ripped? Pretty sure that was Peanut.
silveratus

Post by silveratus »

Max's face is priceless. A perfect example of "Oh for the love of-"
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

These Dream sequences are really starting to bug me. I mean, it's getting kind of hard to keep track of what's happening in reality versus what's a dream. Max's face in the last panel is appropriate to how I feel about these Dream sequences.
LionWolfHybrid

Post by LionWolfHybrid »

whoa--she's wearing clothes.
Since you're reading this...
Am I the only person who can juggle here?
Wolves are boss.
Sonic Fox

Post by Sonic Fox »

Still feel sorry for Dragon.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I was chuckling at how silly it was that Maxwell just walks into the room of Spirit Dragon, who is pretty much looking very human. Pretty much, that sums down what I think she was trying to achieve just now by looking the way she was.

Princesses and Unicorns only? Pfft. And Don't come in, Pete. X3
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

Poor Dragon, I really feel for her, I really do.

I gotta say, I do love her choice of signage on her door. :lol:
gameace777 wrote:Anyone notice the poster she ripped? Pretty sure that was Peanut.
I did actually notice that. Really expresses how bad she feels right now. :(
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Oh well...
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Wow... nice room, Spirit Dragon.
gameace777 wrote:Anyone notice the poster she ripped? Pretty sure that was Peanut.
I think it was him. She even crossed out the poster "Love is the eternal answer". She must have really liked Peanut.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

How is it that she had a signed poster of peanut? I mean, it's weird that there's a poster of Peanut in the first place but the fact that it's signed is what really confuses me. Did she like, buy it from Rick?! :?
Max is definantly on the path to getting one of the good endings of the arc. Although I must say he was very close to getting the worst ending, if he had stayed silent in the previouse strip the galifrax dimension would have been flooded and Spirit Dragon would have lost her faith in mortals and try to rule them... or something like that, I didn't completly read the guide. :D
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:How is it that she had a signed poster of peanut? I mean, it's weird that there's a poster of Peanut in the first place but the fact that it's signed is what really confuses me. Did she like, buy it from Rick?! :?
Max is definantly on the path to getting one of the good endings of the arc. Although I must say he was very close to getting the worst ending, if he had stayed silent in the previouse strip the galifrax dimension would have been flooded and Spirit Dragon would have lost her faith in mortals and try to rule them... or something like that, I didn't completly read the guide. :D
Where did he sign it? o_O Looks like she scribbled on it from one poster to the next.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Anthro dragon? So beautiful
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

I think most of us have seen this wake up or sleep trick before... I believe it was with the pheret and Pete. Maybeeee 1 to 2 years ago? Anybody?
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dragon in human form is awesome.
I see the start of a new special friendship forming. :D
And nah: You deal with the demigods, you get to wake up eventually -and the good thing is, it wasn't a dream...
First time ever, it happened with Grape.
Second time with King
Third time, it happened to Peanut
Fourth time, it happened to Keene
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

GameCobra wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:How is it that she had a signed poster of peanut? I mean, it's weird that there's a poster of Peanut in the first place but the fact that it's signed is what really confuses me. Did she like, buy it from Rick?! :?
Where did he sign it? o_O Looks like she scribbled on it from one poster to the next.
Oh... I didn't see that. :?
But you never know, he might have signed it somewhere the poster got torn. Or maybe he was sleepy and signed it while it was on the wall and ended up going backwards onto the other poster................................................................... did anything of what I just said make any sense???
ImageImageImageImage
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Oh... I didn't see that. :?
But you never know, he might have signed it somewhere the poster got torn. Or maybe he was sleepy and signed it while it was on the wall and ended up going backwards onto the other poster................................................................... did anything of what I just said make any sense???
Sure. I don't see why not. xD
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:But you never know, he might have signed it somewhere the poster got torn. Or maybe he was sleepy and signed it while it was on the wall and ended up going backwards onto the other poster................................................................... did anything of what I just said make any sense???
Nope! :D I also think he would find that weird, but sign it anyway just to be a good fellow.

I also think Maxwell has a cute bed to sleep in. We bought one of those for our cat, and she just loves it.
Tenk

Post by Tenk »

oh crap, I think i accidentally just shipped them a little.... actually anthro dragon is pretty cute.
SeekingSolitude42

Post by SeekingSolitude42 »

I have been a fan of Housepets now for almost a year and I have enjoyed looking forward each Monday, Wednesday and Friday to seeing what the new comic has in store. There are parts of this comic that I enjoyed, but there also parts I don't like.

I like the added characterization of Dragon. It's entertaining to see one of the supposed gods of the universe heartbroken and acting in a way that is similar to a teenage girl. This helps Dragon not seem like an undeveloped character. However, I did not like that Dragons words were disconnected with her actions. The character appears in the comic to be drawn heartbroken and she is even made to look like a teenage girl, but she continues to talk as a wise elderly character. The distracted by it.

I like the use of old themes such as the door saying "keep out Pete" and Max waking up from his dream this helps to make the stories told in this comic strip seem more connected and faithful fans of this comic strip love finding such Easter Eggs riddled in the pictures.

The major problem I find with this story arc is that when reading the strip it seems disconnected. It almost seems as if there should be comics in between the comics. I believe the reason for this is that the author is changing his style of storytelling from one that is more like GARFIELD by Jim Davis where each individual strip is a story that stands on its own and it does not need the previous strip to be put into context\ to a more comic book like approach where the strips work together as a whole to tell a story. It is possible to get the best of both worlds, to have comic strips that can stand alone by themselves and also tell a story collectively as a whole, the balance just wasn't there in this story arc.

I would like to end this comic by saying I greatly enjoy the way the characters are being drawn and the greater use of the backgrounds.
Hotrod

Post by Hotrod »

is it just me or the poster in dragons room. I think Peanuts picture was on that before she ripped it off the wall. Does anyone else agree
HOTROD
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

pokeblue wrote:
I did actually notice that. Really expresses how bad she feels right now. :(

Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

I'm gonna go on a whim and say the brown poster says "Love and Devotion". She does seem pretty devoted to Peanut. :?
Edit: Also this is minor peeve of mine but to me all the cats are looking a lot like Rabbits now. To me I guess.
Last edited by Johnnaman on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I believe the wake up comment is their standard celestial policy (as Tarot told Peanut in the Peanut one linked to above) that shifts our heroes back to their reality. Without using that, they can't get them back. Easily...

What a beautiful room.

And, y'know, if Dragon showed herself to people like this, she'd get a boyfriend no trouble?

Anyhow.

He enters a doorway, he enters a heart
to find the ruined Dragon inside
She's on her own, she wants to hide
from the emotions of which she's a part.

The heart's what hurts, the heart's what longs
and urges her to what she'd regret
The room's symbolic, the room's all set
to show her hurt and feel her wrongs

The poster's torn, the poster's a 'nut
as a sign of her pain and rejection
the girl needs words, the girl needs affection
to pull herself from the terrible rut.

Love is true hurt and love is true pain
but, if risked, it all changes
Love then is welcome; love then rearranges
it's worth it to try, it's worth the strain.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Johnnaman wrote:I'm gonna go on a whim and say the brown poster says "Love and Devotion". She does seem pretty devoted to Peanut. :?
Edit: Also this is minor peeve of mine but to me all the cats are looking a lot like Rabbits now. To me I guess.
She was in love with him like any cosmic teenager would be.
Better for Pete not be near her and laugh at her defeat, if he cares for his beak :shock:
Frank

Post by Frank »

D-Rock wrote:There's really no point to the "just a dream" thing anymore, is there?
Of course there is! We get to see max making that face even though he's never been through a "just a dream thing" before! :D

Oh and welcome to the forums, Tenk and SeekingSolitude
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frank wrote:
D-Rock wrote:There's really no point to the "just a dream" thing anymore, is there?
Of course there is! We get to see max making that face even though he's never been through a "just a dream thing" before! :D

Oh and welcome to the forums, Tenk and SeekingSolitude
Like I say, I think it's a phrase they HAVE to use. it's probably in the game rules.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

So was the whole fighting a snow giant thing a metaphor or something? Cause she looks ALOT less threatening now.
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

Now we have to see Pete and TGK's rooms.
I am nothing if not the immortal avatar of everybody's favourite Blood God.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Huh. When I read that the gods were like teenagers I didn't think it was really the case. I can't quite make out that little bit at in between Princesses Only. Anyone Know?

This reminds me of a scenario I once thought of where God was a guy drawing comic books and the devil was the reckless rebel in the apartment below. I wonder if they're all living in the same building as each other and I wonder if that added "Pete" is a sign there's a slight Hey Arnold - Helga Petaki thing going on
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JohnWillow wrote:Huh. When I read that the gods were like teenagers I didn't think it was really the case. I can't quite make out that little bit at in between Princesses Only. Anyone Know?
PRINCESSES
AND UNICORNS
ONLY

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I hope Dragon wins the game - in the end. She's Lovely and Pete's not really.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I dunno, I tend to think Pete's pretty lovely. *giggles*

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Frank wrote:
Like I say, I think it's a phrase they HAVE to use. it's probably in the game rules.
That does remind me of Tarot saying it was "Standard Celestial Policy" or something like that to Peanut. It may not be entirely because of the game, though.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.