Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by xhunterko »

@kurowolfe I am not sure what your scale of difficulty is, but Snow Tunnels has a slot left open.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I've read the OOC thread, and SRPs I think are Advanced level RPs. I could try it out, but I'm a little afraid that the character that I created might end up like the first two I wrote for before, neglected because of my own beginner mistakes in writing and RPing. I'll get back to this when I made up my mind.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Kuro, check out standard RPs such as Richmond (or Rabbit) acres, Applegate and such.
I am to talk to Brent about opening additional character spots for AG anyway.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ok Howler, I'll wait out first :3

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm fine with adding a couple more players into Applegate, so there are now a couple open slots.

Edit: one spot left in AG
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Oh hey, look, Applegate just opened up some character slots. :D
The Other Dog

Post by The Other Dog »

-Name
Udo Campbell

-Character Type
Main

-Species
Australian Shepherd

-Neighborhood
Radiant Gardens

-Gang
None, he just moved into the neighborhood.

-Appearance
A red bicolor. He's quite short for an Australian shepherd, but he tries to ignore the fact that the others are much taller than him. His eyes are yellow, and he wears a green and blue collar with a big yellow U tag on it.

-Personality
He's very kind, and wants to be friends with everybody. He's mostly shy around strangers, especially around other pets' owners, but once he gets to know them, he tells them everything. He loves playing outside, but hates playing in the snow (it's a long story.)

-Other Notes
He used to work on a farm with his owner, but after a drought, they were forced to sell the farm and move to Radiant Gardens. They live in a small house now, but Udo doesn't mind. He would much rather spend time outside with his friends rather than stay indoors.

-SPECIAL

Strength- 7

Perception- 6

Endurance- 8

Charisma- 6

Intelligence- 4

Agility- 6

Luck- 5
Last edited by The Other Dog on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just a heads-up to the guys, girls and animals in Richmond Acres, Exotic Acres and 17th Century Fox:
I will be on a field trip from 5-10 August inclusive and therefore unable to accss the internet during that time. Argent has kindly agreed to fill in for me while I'm gone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm giving RP another go.

Name
Grace Chia

Character Type

Main character?

Species
Ermine

Neighbourhood
Applegate

Appearance
Grace is short in stature, standing at only 3 feet tall, with a slender build. She has a chocolate brown overcoat, with a white undercoat and a splash of white in the shape of an inverted triangle on her face. She has black eyes and nose, and brown ears. She has a very long tail, brown in colour with a black tip. In the winter, her coat turns completely white. She wears a yellow scarf tied around her neck at the front, and often carries a small sketch book and a pencil with her. She speaks with a slight Chinese accent, sometimes ending her sentences with Chinese particles like ‘lor’ or ‘hai me?’

Personality
Grace is generally quiet around strangers, though she liked to have a conversation with someone she knows, and since she has a trusting nature, this occurs more often than not. However, she is easily intimidated by loud voices and seemingly aggressive behaviour. At times, when she sits alone, she would start to sketch her surroundings in her sketchbook, and only a very, very loud noise would take her away from her own trance. She talks with a calm air around her, and rarely shows any extreme emotions, even if she is genuinely happy or sad. She loves to play with children or anyone with child-like energies and personalities, though she does have this sad smile about her when they’re done playing.

Other Notes
She works as an artist, in collaboration with her owner (referred to as her partner) Timmy Chia, who is an author of children’s books. Together, they have created a series of books called “Life of Kancil”. She was previously married and was pregnant, but a car accident due to someone else’s reckless driving 2 years ago killed her husband and caused her to have a miscarriage, as well as afflicting Timmy with spinal cord injury, and consequently, paralysis to his right leg. The accident left a big scar in both of them, and they stopped creating story books together to allow time for recovery, both physically and mentally. Recently, they decided together that they would like to move out from their hometown in Penang, Malaysia and move out to a place far away. The name Applegate came out in their searches, and they fell in love at first sight. Taking what little possessions they have, they moved out to find a new surrounding and hopefully live anew.

SPECIAL
Strength – 3 "I’m rather weak, it’s a given with my species"
Perception – 8 "How is he doing ah?"
Endurance – 5 "It’s hard keeping up with children sometimes" *laughs*
Charisma – 6 "So would you like to talk more about yourself?"
Intelligence – 8 "My partner reads a lot, it’s bound to rub off on me lor"
Agility – 8 "It is how I got my name, after all"
Luck – 4 "I’m lucky to still be alive right now"

Colour

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Laxan wrote:a hunting rabbit
Wow, that turns carnivore confusion up to a whole new level. Found a neighborhood yet?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Laxan wrote:a hunting rabbit
Wow, that turns carnivore confusion up to a whole new level. Found a neighborhood yet?
Yeah, Richmond Acres (Rabbit Acres xP) Has taken her in. It works well as I'll get to see the contrast between all the other rabbits and a rabbit raised by hunting dogs. xD
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
The Other Dog

Post by The Other Dog »

If Richmond Acres does take in Udo. I'm moving to southern Arizona on Saturday (from my home in Minnesota) and I'll be gone for a couple days. I'll probably be back by sometime next week though. Just thought you should know.
ImageImage
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Apparently Richmond Acres are full. They were kind enough to squeeze me in but they really can't take anyone else now, its like at the point of bursting. xD
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
The Other Dog

Post by The Other Dog »

Okay thanks :) I'll choose a new one
ImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

you should also ask in the OCC of whichever neighborhood you choose , just so that they know that you want to join ^^
The Moon Howler

Applegate still has 1 open spot
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
The Other Dog

Post by The Other Dog »

Okay, thanks serene ice fox :)
ImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm back. :) My field trip was lots of fun! Apparently there's far more to raising sheep than I ever realised. :P Thanks to Argent for doing such an amazing job with my characters while I was away. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey guys!
You probably know me from either Richmond Acres, Minepets, or from my fanfic/branch off called "Project Gone Rogue".
But, if you don't know me... Hello, I guess. I lost where I was going with this.
Anyways, I talked with Esper about a roleplay idea that I had. In this roleplay, it takes place in the distant future, where this future took some ideas similar to Rick Griffin's ARGO. I don't know how to explain it, so I'll take some of what I told Esper and put it here.

America had fought a great war in claiming the moon as a state. The Russians wanted to keep the moon as a military base.
But, the Americans and the Britain's had looked at it as an opportunity to start life on other planets.
Eventually, the Great Britain and America had won, but at a severe cost. Apollo City was such an expensive program, that both the U.K and the American Government had to join together in order to create their dream.

During this war, Russia wanted to design a chemical weapon to attack it's enemies. So, they did testing on Pets.
This weapon was regarded un-successful, because it never got past harming pets.
So, they disposed of it.

The virus spread and multiplied, creating a mass genocide to the animal kingdom.
Eventually, the humans were able to create a cure, but by then there was already a massive loss to them.
The remaining pets who were unharmed were sold to the highest bidder, and put into a special breeding program.

But, because the humans loved the pets and animals so much, they decided to create a program called the ani-droids.
(In ARGO, the ani-droids were given a restriction on how much expression and emotion the could have. In this, the ani-droids are designed to emulate actual pets. In other words, they are designed to act exactly like living creatures.)

When different companies got a hold of the ani-droids, they made modifications to them to perform certain tasks specific to the jobs given to them. Like, for engineers, the ani-droids were modified with prototype x-ray vision (only able to see through buildings with schematics and security camera's), and Repulser ray cutting crystals in the forehead.

When emergency services saw what these companies did, they modified ani-droids as well, but specified them to a certain wild animal.
Medical ani-droids were created to look like foxes.
Police ani-droids were created to look like wolves.
and Fire Department ani-droids were created to look like Dalmatians.

Since this modification craze kept going, you can't find a normal ani-droid anywhere.

The pets who were effected by the virus, had to get special treatment done to them.
The infected parts of the body were amputated, and replaced with ani-droid parts.
These pets willingly modified themselves, because they were so grateful to the humans, they wanted to do everything they could to repay them.

Apollo city was the perfect place for the Cy-Pet's to live. They could learn to use their new body parts AND help with the development of the city. So, the Cy-Pet's and a certain amount of citizens from both America and Great Britain moved to Apollo City.

Now, Apollo City is a bustling city. The lamps on the streets would grow bright to show it was day time, then would dim when it became night. There were major corporations that moved to Apollo City. The flag planted by the astronauts long past was turned into a memorial park, where humans and pet's alike could relax.
Then for the wild animals, Apollo City built a sanctuary, which had REAL grass and REAL trees. The wild animals could stay in the sanctuary like they would normally on earth. But, there was an invisible wall set up to keep the wild animals from leaving the sanctuary.

Then Apollo City built giant farms on the moon. The plants were given artificial sunlight to help grow, and they were watered by the ani-droid farmers. The farms thrived on Apollo City.

Because of Apollo City being so popular, people from around the world wanted to live there.
Eventually, the news spread to beings from other planets, who couldn't suite make it to earth, but could make it to Apollo.
So, when they reached contact with the people of Apollo City, the humans set up the Moon Base, to filter foreign activity, as well as humans who wanted to do harm. The Moon Base turned into a wall, so nobody could land on Apollo without going to the Moon Base first.

In conclusion, Apollo City has just started excepting aliens from other planets. It's still new to the humans, but the aliens (named Serpientes) were able to learn Spanish quite well. Eventually, you'll see the odd alien who could speak English, but every other corner, you could see a Spanish speaking alien, just doing what he or she would normally do.
The Cy-Pet's became watchers over Apollo City.
And Filthy rich humans brought pure pet's to Apollo City with them.
Apollo City is doing great, and they are still excepting new people,
Whether your a human, an alien, a Pure Pet, an ani-droid, or a Cy-Pet. You are welcomed to Apollo City.

I misunderstood something during the posting process, so the rest of the information is posted under it's own topic.
Sorry, but if your interested, just pre-sign up here.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

soooooo if I get this straight cy pets are actual pets with mechanical parts on or in them, ani droids are robotic pets and then theres pure pets. now since ani droids are mechanical they have more to them of use in different situations, cy pets can have these as well right, but it has to be logical to where and what it is or does. pure pets don't have these techs...could pure pets have that kind of gear?

is there any military based pets other than police, such as air force and marines and such?

and can pure pets carry tech of there own based on ownership or job with owner?

did I miss anything?

other than that it sounds awesome and id like to join.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yes, Pure Pets have special suits designed to use one modification.
They are also super rich, so that counts as another ability.

Owners can only use tools. No modifications.

I never thought about military pets. If you want to use one, just say your pet is a military pet.

We need a lot more people in order to make this happen, so suggest it to friends!

Can't wait to have you on board!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Unfortunately due to connection oroblems, I will be available by tomorrow afternoon my time :(
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey folks!

I just wanted to inform all the roleplays I'm part of that I will be going on vacation for the next 7 days or so and may or may not be able to post. As for my characters, I leave them in the trusty paws of Valerio and if he's not comfortable with it he could always have them take a nap. :)

As for 17th Century Fox, I'll just have Gulley fall back asleep. :)

EDIT: I have also posted on the 'Snow Tunnels' role play as well.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

*Pets xhunter* See you later. Have fun and think of us, trapped behind computers, as you're off sunning yourself. Try not to giggle, eh?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Spirit dragon RA

Post by Spirit dragon RA »

ALLOOOO EVERYONE! I finally got time to do this post, im not new to doing this and am wondering if theres any room in any neighborhoods? (to those reading this I know Hotep the psychic ho will be helping me through this in person)
Im a spirit and a dragon, both are heavenly virtues but, I always fear that one day those will perish
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, Spirit dragon RA.
Exotic Acres still has slots open. Musclecar is the GM.

You can also join up to 17CF as a rat if you like. Argent is PM there with me as backup. It would be preferable for you to chose one of the factions (either Bilgerats or Topsiders) to join with as 17CF is set on a pirate ship with the obvious limitations so it's impossible to remain neutral for long.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Apollo City is open as well.
Always looking for new faces!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hlaoroo wrote:It would be preferable for you to chose one of the factions (either Bilgerats or Topsiders) to join with as 17CF is set on a pirate ship with the obvious limitations so it's impossible to remain neutral for long.
...Why does 17th Century Fox need factions? I mean, most of the time players want their characters to be cooperative, and with a ship, you can't exactly take your ball and go home if there's a problem, so I would think fueding would be counter-productive...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Argent

Post by Argent »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:It would be preferable for you to chose one of the factions (either Bilgerats or Topsiders) to join with as 17CF is set on a pirate ship with the obvious limitations so it's impossible to remain neutral for long.
...Why does 17th Century Fox need factions? I mean, most of the time players want their characters to be cooperative, and with a ship, you can't exactly take your ball and go home if there's a problem, so I would think fueding would be counter-productive...
Conflict advances plot.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Conflict advances plot.
(To rhyme that...)
It also gets thee shot.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The rat's don't actually crew the ship, they just live on it. There are plenty of humans and pets on board to do that. So the rats have plenty of time to fill in and they do that by disagreeing over which faction is the superior one and which should rule the rats of the ship.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

And reading some of the splendid books that various humans have helpfully misplaced on their voyages, and perhaps assaying a romance of ones own, when clean paper comes into ones paws.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That too. :lol: There may even be time for real-life romances between the rats...
Swashbuckling swordfights are also a lot of fun to write.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

-Name-
Stryder Monroe

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Dog – English Foxhound

-Age-
16 (Dog years)

-Neighborhood-
Richmond Acres

-Appearance-
White underbelly with brown covering most of his back and a large black patch on his upper back. Brown covers both eyes and the sides of his head while a white stripe runs down the center of his face and ends in a large patch of white fur surrounding his nose.
Wearing a black leather collar with a three point curved silver star for a tag.

-Personality-
While nervous and shy in new environments, once he becomes comfortable he is friendly, energetic, and loyal. Stryder picked up the habit of reading during the long days his dad was at work, partly because there was little else to do and partly to avoid the heavy traffic near their home. He has an underlying fear of abandonment, which has his dad has been working hard to alleviate.

-Other Notes-
Stryder lived with a very strict family in the city for the first few years of his life, while he didn’t have the same privileges as some pets but he was happy. It all changed when his family dropped him off at the park for the day and had moved out by the time he returned home. He spent the following few weeks sleeping in the park and waiting around outside his home, for his family to return before animal control picked him up.
He spent another few weeks in an animal shelter before being adopted by his current dad, a kind young man by the name of Adam Monroe. His dad lived in a busy area of the city with very few pets around for Stryder to play with. His dad always made time to take him to the park every weekend to run around and play. Concerned that Stryder’s fear of abandonment were compounded by having few playmates, his dad decided to move the both of them out to a pet friendly neighborhood.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 5

Perception- 8

Endurance- 6

Charisma- 4

Intelligence- 7

Agility- 6

Luck- 6

(Avatar made by the amazing Laxan)
Attachments
rqYvb4O.png
rqYvb4O.png (119.61 KiB) Viewed 29248 times
Last edited by wolfbrothren on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

-Name-
Riley Breen

-Character Type-
main character

-Species-
Dog (mixed breed)

-Age-
5 Human Year = 17 Pet years.

-Neighborhood-
Applegate

-Appearance-
Riley stands at what can be taken as average height as far as dogs go. His fur is a dark black except for his stomach and ears which sport white fur. His tail is covered in fluffy black fur like the rest of his body except the end of it is tipped white almost like a fox tail would be. Around his neck is a brown leather collar with a dog tag in the shape of a deputy star. His collar is rarely seen however as a red bandana is wrapped around his neck over the collar.

-Personality-
Friendly and good mannered is the attitude this dog seems to live by. When it comes to working he is a hard worker and does all he can to help his Dad. When hanging out with other pets he does his best to join in on their antics.

-Other Notes-
His Dad is a small time farmer who goes by the name of Matt. The reason For them moving to Applegate is his dad wanted to move to a bigger plot of land and to get away from the urban crawl while remaining in a small comunity.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 6

Perception- 7

Endurance- 7

Charisma- 6

Intelligence- 6

Agility- 5

Luck- 5
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Erm, there's a possibility I won't have good internet access starting from tomorrow, because I couldn't afford to pay my internet bills, and it would probably be cut off. I will work out some solutions to getting it settled, but just assume I'm out for the count in the meantime.

I do have the campus LAN connection, but it's super super slow and ancient I'd probably be dead and resurrected before it finally loads.

The Moon Howler

I will be able to properly post tomorrow my time (in about 16-17 hours or so.) Sorry for waiting on me!

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hi guys!

Part of what I do in my spare time is make my own games. I've started my own situational roleplay called 'Snow Tunnels' that involves a lot of stats. So I decided to write myself an app to help keep track of a few of them. So what does this app do? Well, you can input your character stats in text fields and another text field adds them all up. It's a great way to check if your character is over 42 points. Also, if your over 42, it's total field will switch over to red. And if one of your stats is over 10, it's color will switch over to red as well!

Features:

-manual total stat checking
-auto stat checking for too high values
-auto checking for too high total values
-easy clear all fields (press Enter in an input field. is actually a bug but don't tell anyone)

There's just a small problem with the input fields. When you hit Enter, the text box gets just a tad bigger for a split second then goes away. This is cause it's making a new line. It's not supposed to and this is a Known Bug. I'll be adding in my own stuff for 'Snow Tunnels' later today.

Check it out here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b61 ... 2debc144ea

To enter values, you'll see something like this:

Strength: *black square here*

The black square is a text box. The cursor will change to the I form and you can click the boxes to get their focus and the text caret should show up. Type your numbers there and your results will add up in the results text below the stats.

Enjoy!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, I guess my campus LAN connection is not so bad after all. So I'm back, I guess.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yay!