2013/08/16 - Gift Of Tongues

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2013/08/16 - Gift Of Tongues

Post by Dissension »

[ Gift Of Tongues ]

Title Text: Whatever happened to that thing that was brought up once and never mentioned again I wonder

It's awful when such close friends fight over love.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Dissension

Re: 2013/08/16 - Gift Of Tongues

Post by Dissension »

Yes, they sure are horrible for falling in love with the same person and not being okay with a polygamous relationship.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love Tarot's face in the last panel. *giggles*

But poor Peanut. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

oopsie
ImageImage
ImageImage
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Well ... this might ... MIGHT not end well
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

There can only be one! But really, Peanut. If you are going to make a choice between the dog you know or a pan-dimensional dragon, there isn't much point beating around the bush, isn't it?
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dragon is doing this over one date? This really is kind of unfair on her part here; she is acting more selfish then I thought she would. :lol: at Peanut saying he thought she was turning normal; It seems like Peanut doesn't really like this weird psychic stuff as much as he has let on.
Johnnaman
Location: In your backyard tree...looking at you right now...

Post by Johnnaman »

*Whoosh* Thanks Pete.
Anyway, this is really getting interesting. It could just be an act but Dragon looks like she's trying to plead with peanut here while Tarot is just getting even more irate. While some of us weren't competely right about peanutbrain.exe crashing, he did manage to slink off. I bet we can expect Grape (or Max?) to do the same also.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Drama~

I don't think Peanut will leave Tarot.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Run Peanut! Before they get you!

But poor Peanut, they should really give him some more time.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

C'mon Peanut, friendzone BOTH of them. They're being butts.
Actually this behavior seems very strange coming from a celestial being.
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

It would appear being in love with a "lower order being" is frowned upon in the celestial circle.
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Given the fact that Dragon is doing this over one date I have a feeling that no matter who Peanut picks this is kind of the end of the Avatar relationship between Tarot and Dragon anyway. Also IMO, given that Peanut has to even think about this to decide between a girl he went on one date with, or someone hes been dating for a while doesn't really bode well from him and Tarot either.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Dragon seems to be acting like more of a greek godess with how she treats a relationship with a mortal; observes a person she loves from her realm, encounters said person, then want's to share her power with them so they can be together "forever", and then eventually may leave for unknown reasons. :D
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Peanut, back away slowly.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Choose wisely, Peanut. ;)
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gah! I have been Cliffhangerated! D: It's cool. Though I hope Monday comes fast. =3
Arbitrary wrote:It would appear being in love with a "lower order being" is frowned upon in the celestial circle.
Or rather, a really good reason to poke fun at the only girl in the group. Kids picking on girls having crushes in games stuff.

I guess Dragon was being serious, afterall. I'm even more surprised her and Tarot were bickering over this, actually. What makes me curious is if this is a common habit for S.Dragon to do in the games she plays?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Imagine what the post-date conversation will be like

Grape - "I had the worst date ever, we found out the hard way that pets couldn't talk, we fought to the death with a clouder of alley cats, and now Max is being the ultimate jerk and won't speak to me....how was yours"

Peanut - "Oh, Tarot and her dragon had me decide out of them who I love more, meaning no matter who I choose their bond of god and avatar is severed forever, taking a major player out of a game that screws with our universe and thus putting all our lives at risk of eternal subjection to the most power mad geek since L Ron Hubbard.....nothing I'd write a comic about"
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Johnnaman
Location: In your backyard tree...looking at you right now...

Post by Johnnaman »

JohnWillow wrote:Imagine what the post-date conversation will be like

Grape - "I had the worst date ever, we found out the hard way that pets couldn't talk, we fought to the death with a clouder of alley cats, and now Max is being the ultimate jerk and won't speak to me....how was yours"

Peanut - "Oh, Tarot and her dragon had me decide out of them who I love more, meaning no matter who I choose their bond of god and avatar is severed forever, taking a major player out of a game that screws with our universe and thus putting all our lives at risk of eternal subjection to the most power mad geek since L Ron Hubbard.....nothing I'd write a comic about"
I thought they couldn't do interfere with mortals' lives that they wouldn't to themselves already?
Darastrixen

Post by Darastrixen »

IceKitsune wrote:Also if they really had an issue with both of them dating Peanut they would have had this talk a long time ago. The dialogue makes it look like they're only doing it now because the loss of their powers is risking that they might lose The Game... more selfishness. :x
It depends on how you look at it. You could say that they're doing this now because they're starting to lose their connections in the Game. Alternatively, you could say that they've been bickering about this for a good long time now, but it's finally gotten to the breaking point, which coincidentally causes a rift in their connection.

Basically, sure, they might be bringing this up at this particular time because their connection is starting to fade, but this is a legitimate argument over their love triangle that's been going on for a looong time now.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Dragon wrote:"Peanut, I cannot bear this any longer--It is I who love you, deeply and truly"
So, wait. Is Dragon trying to say that she loves him... and Tarot doesn't?
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Nice try, Dissenssion, but I will NOT click the Pete link!

And I, um, have nothing else to say about this, except that I only noticed just now that the dragon has five fingers on each hand. Creeeeeeepy!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Peanut will choose the one who loves him more, and there's only one way to prove it.....

"Mud wrestling!"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JohnWillow wrote:Imagine what the post-date conversation will be like

You are still over thinking the duel, This is just a grudge match between Dragon and Pete over some unspecified (and likely extremely pointless thing) in their other game of U&U. (which takes place in another universe completely) Plus the only bad thing Pete was going to do was that whole "Force equality thing", which is now a moot point anyway since hes working with Keene, who told him that they won't be doing it that way.
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Choose wisely peanut!......***Rethinks*** Just choose peanut...
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
Nightfirex

Post by Nightfirex »

Well I guess my whole opinion of this one is that I have will have to agree that friends like this have to fight and in the end this might lost the avatar relationship that they establish. But this is something I love giving immortal beings mortal flaws is something that give them more connection to us and we can see both sides of the story. Given the current situation if Peanut is smart he will show then both that he love them both and the game will be more important and once the game is over he will decide so that they can keep their bond. But seeing his history he may end up choosing one out of panic. Thus it becomes a lose lose situation since neither will want to continue to be part of other lives if the relationship doesn't favor them either out of fear of jealousy or sadness knowing they will have to see peanut at a constant basis. Me liking dragons, I would lean for the Dragon and if Peanut would have to pick one I think the Dragon would be the best opinion know there is a game involved and he would continue getting gifts and advantage in the game.

Though Tarot wouldn't be a bad idea either, cause that mean if dragon leave to find another avatar out of fear of her becoming jealous, Tarot would go back to "normal" which something that Peanut wouldn't mind. In fact it slip out of this comic. But Tarot becoming normal would mean that they would be at disadvantage at the game and no more fun holodeck. But either way Pete is going to have a advantage here, cause despite what we want to thing the end result will be Dragon needed to find a new avatar in a short period of time and if Pete find out that Dragon lost her avatar, he won't have to worry about Joel cause he can accomplish his goal through the Keene with the right motivation and to add salt to the wound since the game be over Joel would turn back to normal and he will lose everything again. But again when it comes to love no one really think that far ahead, it about now, what can we do now and then face the future together. I am eager to see what will happen, if Peanut will think this out and keep them both or he really does pick one and all the consequences will come from that.
Ninetailed

Post by Ninetailed »

It's so cute that Peanut always seems to know exactly the wrong thing to say. All this messing with time and space has only enabled him to jam his foot even further into his mouth than would seem physically possible.
Hotrod

Post by Hotrod »

ohh boy ......peanut choose carefully
HOTROD
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oh, to face Peanuts' choice,
and decide between god and love
Oh, for him to come to this,
the girl he knows or the being above.

Oh let him choose well, this poor pup
and let the others bond grow strong
and know that this choice is purely his
whether he chooses right or wrong.

He's made the really smart choice
to pull himself behind a nearby bush
If he's smart he'll make a decision
and, after the loo, not take off at a rush.
He has to strengthen or destroy their bond
and do it now so the pain isn't prolonged...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

Don't worry Tarot, you're still awesome! I don't think I've ever seen Tarot angry like that, and I really wouldn't want to be Peanut right now.
tenta

Post by tenta »

Unless Peanut is just going to run instead of hiding behind the bushes. By looking at his face, he wasn't so sure so yeah..
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

Peanut would be a good cemetery groundskeeper. Did you see how deep he dug his grave with Tarot!
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

tenta wrote:Unless Peanut is just going to run instead of hiding behind the bushes. By looking at his face, he wasn't so sure so yeah..
Plot Twist: Maybe Grape is hidding behind the bushes too... and Grapenut finally happens! :lol:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I don't actually recall the date between Peanut and Dragon. o.o

Also, I wonder if this has anything to do with Tarot's face becoming much more expressive lately, or if that's coincidence. Either way, I think it suits her well! I thought so ever since after the wedding when...

...Wait a second! She was the one who caught the bouquet! That means...

...Okay, that's a bit of a stretch. Even for my wild theories. =P
IceKitsune wrote:You are still over thinking the duel, This is just a grudge match between Dragon and Pete over some unspecified (and likely extremely pointless thing) in their other game of U&U. (which takes place in another universe completely) Plus the only bad thing Pete was going to do was that whole "Force equality thing", which is now a moot point anyway since hes working with Keene, who told him that they won't be doing it that way.
Are we intentionally overlooking the whole "Greedily stole King's soul," thing?
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Ryusuta wrote:I don't actually recall the date between Peanut and Dragon. o.o
"We're snowed in" arc thing could be counted as a date, I guess? To a certain extent...

And speaking of "wild theory", I don't think it's far from what can happen. (though I still keep wishing for Peanut to either choose Dragon or flee from both)
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Something tells me that Pete is also hiding in those bushes, giggling like a kid as he watches all of this.
I'm a bookworm!
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I'm thinking the "Flee from both" is sounding more and more likely, come to think of it.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ryusuta wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:You are still over thinking the duel, This is just a grudge match between Dragon and Pete over some unspecified (and likely extremely pointless thing) in their other game of U&U. (which takes place in another universe completely) Plus the only bad thing Pete was going to do was that whole "Force equality thing", which is now a moot point anyway since hes working with Keene, who told him that they won't be doing it that way.
Are we intentionally overlooking the whole "Greedily stole King's soul," thing?
Well I meant bad to the world as a whole. Hes done a ton of bad (and some would argue borderline evil) things to individuals (namely King) but the forced equality thing was the only bad thing he was going to do to the whole world which is what the post I quoted was talking about.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

GeckoZY wrote:But poor Peanut, they should really give him some more time.
Peanut is just taking that time, while he is hiding behind the bush for doing his business. Thats the best time for thinking.
Maybe Tarot and Dragon solve their issue during that time and telling Peanut that there is no more need to pick one - just after he made his choice for himself.

Silly Zealot wrote:Nice try, Dissenssion, but I will NOT click the Pete link!
Same here. There are sometimes links I simply don't click. :lol:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Nohbody

Post by Nohbody »

Arbitrary wrote:It would appear being in love with a "lower order being" is frowned upon in the celestial circle.
I read that more like they were just razzing her about it because it was odd, not because it was prohibited or otherwise dis-recommended.