Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CY_Law

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by CY_Law »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:
Neko wrote:As Sam stood on the driveway watching everything unfold she saw another cat approach the small group that had form."Hey, who're you?"
Kytes stood there as another dog fell. Heh, somebody else fell. Even bette-, something interrupted his thoughts. "Hm?" He turned and jumped, startled by the fact that he was standing next to a fox. How'd I not see her earlier? "Oh," he started, regaining his composure. "I'm Kytes."
"Hmm...Kites? What a fun-" Xuan stopped as he suddenly realized the more important "thing".

"Uhh...hi and umm... could you help this poor dog out instead of just standing there? I don't think Cale can carry him alone, uhh... K-Kites, is that really your name? Come on, and someone please point where he lives again?" Xuan continues as he helped Cale a bit to support both Cale and Flake from falling.
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Neko wrote:"I'm Samantha, but just call me Sam. I'm guessing you're new here too?"
Kytes sighed. "Yeah, just moved in this morning." He turned back to the group, not hearing another dog talking to him. (P-4, and bad ear) "So, Sam, what happened here? Other than the 'Falling on your Face' convention." He smiled at his little joke.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian stood to the side awkwardly, not knowing what to do. He didn't think he could help at all with getting Flake back to his house, due to his small size, and he couldn't think of anything else. The little corgi almost didn't notice the new dog. This was strange to him because usually his personality made him wary of new pets. He glanced sideways at Kytes. The new cat didn't seem to be doing anything to help either, but he was getting a little in the way it seemed. Ian found a little rude to be cracking jokes right now, but he wasn't going to get in the middle of it. He turned back to where the others were helping Flake to walk. "Erm... C-Can I do anything... t-to help?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam gave Kytes a look of disgust, "How can you make a joke when people are getting hurt." She turned away from Kytes and went to Rocky, helping him to his feet.

Cale was oblivious to the new cat, all his attention was on Flake. With Xuan's help he was able to get Flake to his house where he rang the doorbell.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Flake's Father woke up from his Comfortable nap and went to answer the door, "Hello-" He stopped his greeting to see that Flake was injured, "I'll call the Vet." He dashed to the phone and came back five minutes later. "Well, I'll take him to the Vet. Would you like to come with us?" He asked the 2 pets that helped Flake.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale was worried about Flake but he was sure his Father could handle. "No thanks, I'm sure he'll be fine."
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

"Okay." He carried to the Car and went to the Vet. When they got there, Flake stayed there for the Docters and Nurses to find out where the wound is. After Flake's Father dropped off Flake at the Vet, He went to sleep.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

(Whoops late by seconds, this post is supposed to be after Neko's post and before Auzzo's just right above.)

Xuan was glad that Flake's is with someone with more capability.

Wark! Wark!

Xuan heard the sound of the crows, indicating the time, "Oh my, what's the time now? Uhh, sorry but I can't go, I would really like to, but I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. I'll make a more detailed apology next time, for now, I'm so sorry for the trouble, Flake will explain what happened, " said Xuan while he bows a few times quickly, before he runs quickly(though not really that quick) towards the street while shouting with both of his hands up, "I'm gonna be late! I'm gonna be late! My owner won't like this~ Anyway bye Cale~ It's been a nice day meeting you~" said Xuan as his sound fades away in the distance.
Last edited by CY_Law on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Neko wrote:Sam gave Kytes a look of disgust, "How can you make a joke when people are getting hurt." She turned away from Kytes and went to Rocky, helping him to his feet.
Kytes pretended to ignore that he made a joke. "Fine, you go do whatever it is that you're doing." He crossed his arms and leaned back, as if there was a tree behind him.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Thank you" Rocky looked at Sam
Last edited by Zander on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian gazed anxiously down the road where Flake had been carried. He knew that they hadn't meant anything by not answering him. They probably hadn't even heard him, being so busy, but it still made him a little upset. He breathed a long sigh as he turned back to the others. Sam was helping Rocky to his feet, while the new cat, Kytes, was standing back being all snobby. A feeling like anger began to bubble in the depths of Ian's being. How could someone act like that when people were getting injured. Despite himself, Ian stamped over to Kytes, glaring up at him. He wasn't very menacing, being so small, but he didn't seem to notice. "What is your problem?!" All hints of a stutter were gone in his voice. "What gives you the right to act like such a jerk, when other people are trying to help each other?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky took his gaze from Sam and looked at the new corgi, Ian.
He didnt hear what Kytes had said, but if it made Ian mad, then it would most likely get Rocky mad. which is something you don't want, but he stayed quiet for the sake of another pet going to the vet.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes rolled his eyes. "I'd say this," he pulled about $5,000 out from behind his collar, "gives me the right." He pushed the money back under his collar and started walking down the street past Sam and Rocky. Kytes was used to money getting him what he wanted.

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

The second Kytes pulled out the wad of cash Rocky's anger level went from 2, to 7 out of 10.
The same kind of wad of money practically sold him into "Slavery". three years of his life, beaten, worked over, and abused. All because the people who bought him. with a wad of money.
Rocky didnt notice it but his lip was raised showing his teeth, as he stared at Kytes.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( I think I should point out here that if Rocky physically attacks Kytes (or anyone) at this point in time, he's likely to go straight to the pound, and then his legal owners, (this would flip us into the kind of scenario that is more common in RV) unless we pull out some wild plot-twist or deus-ex-machina. ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

CY_Law wrote:(Whoops late by seconds, this post is supposed to be after Neko's post and before Auzzo's just right above.)

Xuan was glad that Flake's is with someone with more capability.

Wark! Wark!

Xuan heard the sound of the crows, indicating the time, "Oh my, what's the time now? Uhh, sorry but I can't go, I would really like to, but I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. I'll make a more detailed apology next time, for now, I'm so sorry for the trouble, Flake will explain what happened, " said Xuan while he bows a few times quickly, before he runs quickly(though not really that quick) towards the street while shouting with both of his hands up, "I'm gonna be late! I'm gonna be late! My owner won't like this~ Anyway bye Cale~ It's been a nice day meeting you~" said Xuan as his sound fades away in the distance.
"Oh, Ok. See ya Xuan!" Cale waved goodbye and started the walk back to his house where the others were.

Sam couldn't beleive that guy, "Just because you're rich doesn't excuse you for your bad behavior!" She yelled after him.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian glared after the cat. He shook his head slightly as Kytes disappeared from view and sighed as he turned to the others. "I don't believe this guy." He stamped his foot. "What a jerk!" Ian tried to cool himself off. Not many things got under his skin like this. He shrugged, his timid nature returning. "N-Not much we can do about it I guess." He looked up at the the setting sun. "I should be heading home. N-Nice to meet you all..." With that he turned with a shy wave and went off toward his house.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky turned his head toward Ian, returning to his... "Kind"... nature, too. "Ok, it was nice meeting you. see you later."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Now a few blocks away, Kytes stopped walking. He fell backwards and sat down, That's the third time this month. I need to stop being such a jerk all the time. He stood up. But first, I need to get home. Now, he looked around. Which way would that be?

(He didn't walk in a straight line)

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

A black van with something printed on the side in aggressive looking red and white type rolled into Brookshire Meadows. In three of the four seats sat a group of young men, not much older than 18. "'Brookshire Meadows'... This must be the place", said the one in the passenger's seat, looking up from his Map-Quest directions. A black paw stuck out of the storage area behind the seats, flakes of catnip drifting off of it. "Guys, Guys," said a gritty voice from behind them, "I think we're in Las Vegas!" a black cat wearing a large pair of sunglasses fell lazily over a box which was wedged between the back seats and began to crawl in place.
"No Sid, we're in Brookshire." The driver said to the back of the car. It was no use. The cat started to meow out the Dead Kennedy's version of 'Viva Las Vegas', his voice grating and shrieking.
The backseat passenger lifted his head and swore loudly at the cat, "-Shut up Sid! I have a hangover!"
"Hangover? Hangover? HANGOVER?!" The cat shrieked the last one, "Whatever happened to that Straight-Edge-" He finished the sentence with a bit of misogynistic obscenity about the passenger's girlfriend.
The two men in the front laughed, and the man in the back just covered his ears and turned away. "Ugh... my head hurts too much for this..."
"Sober up Sid," said the driver "We're gonna need you to help unpack. How much further?" he asked his navigator.
"It should be... That one!"
They pulled into the driveway of a one-story house which looked like it needed work, lawn and all. Sid looked up as they stopped. "Hey, hey, where are all the pretty lady cats? Where are all the fancy lights?" His dilated eyes un-dilated. "Oh, so is this the dump? Well then..." He went back to the back and crawled over the boxes to the back door, he checked to make sure his glasses were tied securely on his head before opening it and jumping out.
They began unpacking things into the house, which had been rented to them pre-furnished.

Sid was at last left with the square cat-bed that John had given him... "Johnny... Where do I put this...?" he asked, walking in the door with his last item.
"Oh, that? Come on," John led him into his room and pushed back a curtain to reveal a small alcove where Sid's single box had been put before. "Surprise surprise, I set up a space just for you!"
Sid looked up at him, he teetered in a void between saying something insulting and actually thanking John for doing something no one before had considered. For once, he chose the latter "Thanks... it's... Really nice." he said, unfamiliar with his own enthusiasm: he did like it. John reached down and ruffled his headfur: He hadn't spiked it today, and it was soft under the human hand. He tossed his bed into the small corner, which seemed to be just the right size for him to curl up in, and looked back to John, opening his arms. "Alright then, pick me up!" He commanded.
John laughed and picked up his pet. He sat down on his own new bed and began stroking the cat in his lap. "So, It's not too late outside, maybe you should go out and try to meet some new friends."
Sid looked up at him, his mouth open a little.
John stroked him a little more "Don't look at me like that, you're gonna be here all alone when we're in class, just like when I was at work. It's a pet-friendly neighborhood! Don't you want someone to play with?"
Sid looked out the window, "What if they're all-" He rattled off a list of vulgar descriptions he might give to the neighborhood pets, looking back at John.
"Oh, don't give me that, I'm sure you'll be just fine here! Just don't eat anyone's dog or cut off anyone's tail and you'll be fine." He ruffled his headfur.
"Alright, I'll see you later then." Sid jumped down and opened his box, taking out a beat-up leather jacket, putting it on. He walked to the mirror on John's closet door as John walked out and did a pose in front of the mirror: his sunglasses and the spikes on his collar glinted. "Lookin' good!" He grinned.

Sid walked out the door and looked around. "Now let's see... There's gotta be some trouble I can get into around here..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( From IRC ))
Shelly nervously took the raccoon's paw in two fingers, as if it might be somthing dirty. "Nice to meet you! I guess you can call me Shelly." she said with a smile.
Rikki was still a little nervous, but Jack had coached him on how to meet humans and seem respectable for when someone with money came and Jack wanted to show them Rikki. Step one was to shower thuroughly and groom himself with a comb, but he hadn't done that. Step two was to give a firm, confident handshake, which Rikki pulled off expertly on Shelly, taking her hand in full and firmly giving three shakes before letting go. "Nice to meet you shelly." He looked her straight in the left eye (with his own slit-pupiled yellow ones) and gave a closed-mouth smile.
She gave another 'Squeak' and pulled her hand back after letting Riki shake it. Zeke piped up, "Hey Riki! Why dont I give you the 5 cent tour?
Rikki looked a little hesitantly back and fourth between Zeke and Shelly for a breif moment. "Ok," he said turning to follow Zeke, "lead the way."
Zeke lead him out of the mud room, into a large room that only had a large table with a potted plant, and a few peices of art on the wall. "This is the Foyer," He gestured over the room. There were Doors on each wall. He took the one on the right, which had an arched opening.
Rikki stared around the room: it was bigger than any block of the ranger's station... How could anyone live in such a large space? Wouldn't it get cold in the winter? How would the heat accumulate? He couldn't think of anything to say, so he just followed as Zeke moved on...
"This is the Living room." he pointed out at some well placed couches and chair around an extravagant coffee table. the room had a small fireplace in the corner, but it didnt appear that it had been used in quite some time. The room itself seemed boring. on a wall to the left, there was another arched door, leading into a smaller hallway.
Rikki looked at what seemed to be a larger, more decorated version of a few of the rooms in the Ranger's Station... "Is this where you sleep?" he asked, unsure what a "living room" was...
"No, I'll show you that later. This is where the humans like to sit arround and read, or perhaps just relax with some of their company."
Rikki nodded as they continued on... But Zeke had brought a small question to his mind: "So, um, can you read too?" It would confirm that everyone in human society learned this skill.
"Ya, I can read. They wanted me to learn school stuff. I can do math too!"
"Oh, I can do math." Rikki said, "I take surveys of the forest for Jack all the time."
"Really? Might have to test you one of these days!" Zeke chuckled. He continued walking into the hallway.
Rikki followed, thinking of the "tests" Kyra had mentioned.
the hallway had dark red paint on the walls and ceiling. most of the light filtered in from other rooms. Zeke quickly passed through, and emerged into a room with an incredibly high celing. The room was well lit, and the last rays of the day filtered in through a skylight. A spiral staircase snaked its way around a pole onto an indoor balcony with wooden handrails.
On the ground level, several pieces of furniture were oriented to face a large Tv on one wall. there was an end table bracketing every couch and chair.
Rikki just stared around the strange room, still following Zeke. He had nothing to say about any of this human stuff: he didn't know what it was, which meant it had no value in his eyes.
seeing Riki's lack of interest, "Oooh, I should show you my room, huh?" He darted up the stairs. There were two doors on the balcony. "Come on!" he called as he entered the far one.
Rikki followed with renewed interest: he was very interested in seeing Zeke's room.
This room had small trinkets scattered across most of the flat surfaces. A small bed sat in the far corner, next to a window. another tv was on the opposite wall, with a half a dozen videogame consoles strewn about, the cords tangled together in an all but impossible mess. Next to it was a large bookcase, stuffed to the gills with game boxes and books. their was one book that had been pulled out slightly.
Rikki looked around the room, which was filled with human-stuff of various kinds. He took a few steps inward, not sure what to do...
Zeke kicked at the wall near the foot of his bed. From what seemed like a seamless wall, a panel slid back, and was easly pushed to the side, revealing a small, animal sized passageway "Here's something you might like! He beckoned Riki over, before taking a step into the passage.
Rikki tilted his head and went into the new room which looked and smelled very different than the rest of the house... He recognized it, because he'd been in one in every building in the park.
"The humans don't live in here." He said plainly, stating a simple fact he knew.

"Nope! They don't even know this is here! I think the builders put it in for fun." he took a few steps further into the unlit passage. he pulled his hands agenst the wall and looked for a flashlight he had hung from a nail. "Where'd that darn light go?" he asked no one in particular.
Rikki saw Zeke fiddling in the dark for a light. '...Is something wrong with his eyes?' he thought. He walked to Zeke, pulled him closer, and held him still, "hold on a second." He waited, and began to examine Zeke's eyes as his own adjusted.
"What are you doing?" he squirmed a bit.
"You're a fox Zeke, you shouldn't need a light. Relax, open your eyes wider, you need to open your pupils up. Haven't you ever learned this?"
(( Contunued Here ))
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Frank hooked Enya's arm over his shoulder and tried to lift her up, but given her weakness and therefore inability to really help, he ended up failing.

"Oof," he grunted, flopping back down. "I guess I'm just to weak. Sorry Enya."
"Come on, Frank," Jacob said, "If we each take one side, we can carry her." He put her inhaler in his collar and took a position beside Enya.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

With a grunt of exertion, Frank staggered to his feet. With Jacob's help, they managed to lift Enya enough to part-carry her across the stage.

"So, Jacob, how'd you and Enya meet?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Well, Joy was running outside, and she ended up falling and tripping onto the pavement, messing up her knee pretty badly, so Enya took her inside her house to fix her up. I went over to make sure Joy was all right, and that's how I met Enya."
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

"Wait, who's Joy?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"The brown-furred cat that was at our table earlier."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Now a few blocks away, Kytes stopped walking. He fell backwards and sat down, That's the third time this month. I need to stop being such a jerk all the time. He stood up. But first, I need to get home. Now, he looked around. Which way would that be?
Sid walked a little ways when he came across another cat. He tensed for a second. 'Ok, chill, We're collared pets in a pet-friendly neighborhood. He's probably harmless...' He relaxed...
He walked up to the tabby, who was getting up. "What's up pussycat?" he asked, grinning behind his tall, dark sunglasses.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid walked a little ways when he came across another cat. He tensed for a second. 'Ok, chill, We're collared pets in a pet-friendly neighborhood. He's probably harmless...' He relaxed...
He walked up to the tabby, who was getting up. "What's up pussycat?" he asked, grinning behind his tall, dark sunglasses.
Kytes sighed. He despised being called that. "What do you want?" He just wanted to get home to try again with the other pets tomorrow.

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid stopped, his ears drawn back a little, his face slightly confused. Was this cat angry at him? What a downer: here he was trying to be friendly, maybe he'd done it wrong? He tried again. "Um... To be your friend?", he said, giving that same grin.

(( MOAR IRC ))
Kytes sighed again. *Well, I might as well start over now,* "And you would be?"
Sid gave a cheshire-grin, holding out his hand. "Sid. My name, is Sid. And yours?"
"Kytes," he replied, reluctantly shaking Sid's paw.
"There, now that wasn't so hard was it? Kytes. That's-" he stopped himself. Should he say what he was about to? He toned it down. "That's a funny name." he said, casually, still friendly.
Kytes ignored the last statment. He was used to people and pets alike making fun of his name. Until they saw why, that is. "So, now what, since we're past the introductions."
"well..." Sid reached into his jacket pocket... "We could go hunt down a few mice, stuff 'em with 'nip and have ourselves a magic-snack, or..." he said, pulling out a ball of yarn, "we could roughhouse over this!" He grinned at his two options.
Kytes eyed the metaphorical knife, it being quite more destructive than yarn. However, he enjoyed being the only pet from his parents' office that hasn't used catnip before. "Uh, I don't know." He put his paw up to his mouth, trying to remember what recent project he had going on at home.

The cat was taking to long. Sid knew that if you wanted something, you had to take it, not wait for the hand to give it to you. Without another thought, he threw the ball of yarn into Kytes' paws. "Yarn ball!" he cried, jumping on top of the tabby, claws retracted.
"Huh?" said Kytes, falling backwards and dropping the yarn. "Hey! I wasn't ready!"
"Too bad!" Sid shouted, grabbing Kytes in a bear hug and rolling about, biting at the unraveling ball of yarn.
Kytes struggled against Sid, all while trying to find the yarn. He tried to say something, but it just came out in mumbles.

After a long and fericious fight, Sid stopped, laughing, his chest pressed bare against the other cat's. "I haven't had that much fun in a while!" he said. Suddenly, he stopped, moving a paw behind Kyte's head to check his face, which was next to the other cat's beneath him. He breathed a sigh of relief: he'd almost forgotten his glasses. He needed those glasses. He loosened up his grip on Kytes. just lying on top of him. "So how ya doing down there?"
Kytes was panting, quite exhausted. "Me? Huff, I'm fine." He tried to stretch, but something was stopping him. *Oh, no.* "I think we're tangled up here."
Sid laughed, "That's the point you nitwit!" He rolled a bit more with Kytes, having fun in a way he'd so desperately wanted to all his life. He rolled himself on top again, and started to make conversation, slowly undoing the knots. "So, you live nearby?"
Kytes rolled along with Sid, hoping to get untangled, but still having a lot of fun. "Yeah, I think. I just moved in this morning."
"Really? I just got here before we met. Where you sleepin'?"
Kytes was a little confused. "Uh, hopefully in my bed. Why?"
Sid whacked playfully him with a limp paw. "No, I don't mean your bed stupid. Where do you live? I'm guessing you live in one of these houses?" He snickered as he undid the knots more....
Kytes felt stupid. *I should've known that.* "Yeah, I live in one, only question is, which one?"
Sid got most of himself undone, he decided to just slip out. "Hold on..." he pulled himself up with his arms, rubbing his wiggling front-side along Kyte's face, until he finally had himself out, and his wiggling tail batted against Kytes' face as he got up.
"So... you don't know where you live? What-" he swore "- do you mean by that? Don't you know how to-" he swore again "- find your way about a-" again "-suburb?" He pointed his half-hidden face at Kytes, his arms crossed as if he was a disappointed parent of sorts.

Kytes turned his head as Sid slid out of the tangle of yarn. After Sid was out, Kytes stood up, with the yarn still draped over him. He was shocked by the vocabulary of the other cat. "I know where I live!" he almost yelled. "I just," he started, looking down, "don't know how to get there from here."
Sid laughed wholeheartedly at that, throwing his head back. "Well then," he said in a somewhat raspy voice "it sounds like you're pretty-" he swore again: he was very casual about it. "Oh well, you don't need to worry: it's not even dark yet, and there's plenty of time. Do you remember what the dump looks like? Let's see if we can find that-" he called it a vulgar nown, beckoning him to come along as he turned.
"Oh," he added over his shoulder, "bring the yarn with you, I gotta rewrap that-" he called it a word that Kytes had never heard, but sounded vulgar.
Kytes had started to tune out the swearing and replace it with kinder words in his head. "Well, the house looks like all of these others, except it has a limo parked in front." He held his arm out and looked at the yarn dangling from it. "And it's kinda hard NOT to bring the yarn with me."
'Limo?' Sid thought 'Oh man, I bet this guy is loaded!' His interest in winning the favor of this potentially powerful friend increased greatly. He moved back to help get the yarn off of Kytes' legs. "So, Kytes, lets see if we can find this Limo of yours, eh? Do you know what direction it's in?" He got Kytes into a walking condition.

Kytes was expecting this. Limo means money and money means 'so-called' friends. There wasn't actually a limo outside his house, but there was still quite an expensive and rare vehicle in his driveway. He tried to remember the turns he took to get to where he was. He pointed somewhere off between two houses, diagonally. "Somewhere over there, I think."
Sid unconsciouly put his paw on Kytes' collar, but Kytes' put his paw in the way. Sid looked up at it: he hadn't even realized his hand was there. He pulled it back, blushing as he rubbed it, as if he was going to beat it for its disobedience later.
Kytes glared at Sid. He could tell there was an "Oops" behind Sid's face, but Kytes couldn't tell if it was because he got caught, or if he truely had no intention of stealing from him. "Okay, I think I can find my way back from here." He knew he probably couldn't, but it would've been better than possibly getting mugged. He started to walk off.
"No... No, wait... I... I'm sorry..." Sid said, a stream of profanity blasted through his mind, and he would have blurted it out if he wasn't already saying something. He chased after Kytes and grabbed him with a bit too much force "I... I didn't mean to try that... I... I was a stray for so long it kind of.... it just came out... Please..." he begged, "Just give me another chance... I'll... I'll be a good cat, I promise!" His head was pointed towards Kytes', but his glasses hid any emotions he might have.
Kytes was never good at reading emotions, and Sid's glasses didn't help either. He thought Sid was just another thief trying to sob-story his way out of trouble. But Kytes hadn't seen enough lies to tell the difference. He slipped out of Sid's grasp, "I can get home fine, thank you." He was using all of his willpower to be as polite as possible, recalling the consequences of earlier with the clumsy pets. He again turned and walked off, but this time, at a slightly faster pace.
Sid just stared after him. Why was he acting this way? Hadn't they been having fun? What a total Jerk! The fur on his back turned to spikes and his body took on an almost lycanthropic transformation: he'd lost his temper with the the other cat, and the profanity stream in his mind took form.

"HEY-" he began a stream of obscenity, filled with the most horrible things that had ever been uttered. He roared at the other cat, coming close to threatening him, making claims that he could physically dominate him in a fight. He was furious, and had hit a point of mild psychosis.

Kytes had thought quickly enough when it came to situations like this before, but normally the thief was human: a cat, he had a completely different defense against. Simultaneously, it seemed, he covered his ears with one paw, and with the other, he hit two buttons hidden inside his collar. One labeled 'Help', and the other 'Alarm.' As he hit the 'Alarm" button, a high-pitched tone screamed out from somewhere on his collar; his fail-safe device. Instantly after hitting the button, he ran away from Sid as fast as he could.
Sid swore loudly: the noise hurt his ear. He quickly stormed off in the other direction, still shaking with rage. Thoughts about how much of a jerk Kytes was raced through his head: not only had he totally blown him off like some common thief, but he'd taken his only ball of yarn. He swore about him in his mind, still moving down the street toward the eastern edge of town.
================ Meanwhile... ================
"What are you doing?" he squirmed a bit.
"You're a fox Zeke, you shouldn't need a light. Relax, open your eyes wider, you need to open your pupils up. Haven't you ever learned this?"
Zeke pondered for a moment. "Actually, no!" he widened his eyes. within moments, he could see the dark passage well enough to see where he put the flashlight. He grabbed it, but did not turn it on. "I can't believe that worked!" he said in glee.
Rikki looked into Zeke's eyes, the pupils were still constricted. Maybe there was something wrong with him? "Yeah, Foxes and Raccoons like us are nocturnal, which is a fancy word for saying we're adapted to run around at night, so we can see in the dark. You think you can pull your irises open more though? They should be round...." His own were circular, and if light was shined in them, they would glow, showing the inside of his eyes.
"I know what Nocturnal means." he replied, slightly annoyed. He concentrated on opening his eyes further, and it seemed like he could see more. "I dunno if this is really working. I can sorta see more, but its not going any faster then usual."
Rikki looked into Zeke's eyes. He wasn't opening the slits very well. Maybe he couldn't? "Keep trying at it, just keep going. If you can't see soon, I know someone who can help you: she's a vet. I can take you to her later..."

He let go and gestured for Zeke to move on.
Zeke shuddered at the sound of the vet, but he didn't think of it long. he crept down the passage, until he reached an intersection. he stared at the wall infront of him, trying to make out the text carved into its surface.
"What are you looking at?" Rikki asked, "I thought you knew this place..."
"I do, and I don't. Actually, i haven't been in here much at all! Shelly tries to keep a close eye on me when she isn't cleaning." he squinted, and could actually see the writing. "I left myself notes about it as I explored. See, the left one leads to rooms on the second floor, and the other one leads downstairs!" He pointed down the latter, before heading down it.
Rikki followed, glancing at the writing on the wall. He could see it fine. He'd try to read the next one...
They came upon another intersection. Zeke glanced at the writing, and decided it was too much work to try to read it. He took the right path again. a few moments later, he put his foot down, only to find that open air had replaced the shaky wooden floor. He squeaked as his leg seemed to be swallowed by the floor in a slight crunch.
Rikki grabbed Zeke, yanking him back. He really couldn't see! "What are you doing! There's no floor there!"
Zeke gasped. He still couldn't see the hole in the floor. "T-thanks. That freaked me out." He stood up, and winced as he realized his leg had been scratched. "Hey Rikki, what dose the sign say?"
Rikki went back to the sign, and studied it carefully...

"well..." he said slowly "there are arrows... you went to... Wa- Wat- ch- Watch - out. B- Brrrrr- Broke- Broken! Broken fl- floor- bo- ard- sss... I don't know, Boards? 'Watch out, Broken Floorboards'. That makes sense." he had sounded out each syllable.
"Now let's see this other one..." he continued "the, guu- guu- gu- est... I don't know this one.... but the rest is 'room', so it's some room." he finished
Zeke sighed at his own failure. "Well, that would explain it, huh? I think the word you missed was Guest, but I could be wrong." he looked at the passage some more. there were several dark shapes separating themselves out from the wood. He didn't want to use the flashlight in front of Riki now. He trudged along the passage and felt more carefully around the space. "So, Where do you want to see? Wait, I know! I could show you this really cool room I found downstairs!
"ok then, lead the way, but be more careful this time." Rikki replied, watching Zeke more closely now.

Zeke proceeded, and after a slow journey, he made it past the bad floor. A crude rope ladder hung from the Ceiling, and descended into the lower level. "well, Time to take the plunge!"
Rikki looked down the shaft. "I don't think we want to jump down there, it's a little far... I guess you mean take the ladder?"
Zeke started his decent down the ladder. he was used to doing this one in the dark, because he couldn't hold the flashlight and go down at the same time. He reached the floor and called back, "Alright! Your turn!"
Rikki got on the rope and skittered down face first, as if it was a tree. A ways from the bottom, he turned himself around and dropped next to Zeke, landing squarely on his paws. "Alright, continue!" He grinned: he was enjoying this part.
Zeke stared in awe at the Raccoon, but kept going. after several more twists and turns, they arrived at what appeared to be a dead end.
Rikki looked around a little. "So... what's this? We turn back?"
Zeke smiled, and kicked the wall again. there was a slight click, and the back wall slid away. The room opened up to a large shiny tube seemed to illuminate the room with an errie pastel light. The walls appeared to be carved from the stone. He walked up to it, and put his eye to the end. through it he could see the evening sky, as if magnified to see farther. "Here! come take a look!"
Rikki looked through the tube and saw the sky. He found it... interesting, but he thought he could one-up it. "Heh, it's nice, but I've got something I'll show you later which tops this any day."

He turned back to Zeke, "Let's move on."
Zeke sighed, and walked back into the dark. "Well, the rest of the house is pretty boring. I guess I could show you a videogame!"
Rikki followed him, still watching for him. He'd closed his pupil again for that back there, but it still needed to fully adjust. "Again with these Video - Games", he broke down the word as usual "and here I've never even played one of them... What could be so good about them?"
"You'll see!" Zeke went across the passage, and pushed a panel away. It slid easily in a track. It let out into the Living room. From there, he lead Riki back into his room.
Rikki followed him through the hallways, idly wondering what Video - Games would be like....
Switching around a few cords, he plugged in a NES. "Lets start with a classic," He grinned enthusiastically, "Super Mario!" He handed Riki a controller, and gave him a quick rundown of the controls.
Rikki looked at the strange, blocky image on the box, unsure of what it was portraying. Then Zeke stuck a controller in his hands and started to tell him a bunch of things...
"o-... ok..." he said, unsure of what he was doing...

Zeke realized he must not had been doing a good job at explaining the game. "Maybe if I show you?" He started the game in two player mode. "See the red guy? Thats Mario. He is the one were controlling." He continued through the level, demonstrating the different buttons as they were needed. As he neared the end of the level, he jumped at the flagpole at the end. "Darn, only 2000. Well, your turn!"
"ok, that... doesn't look too hard..." He looked down at his controller, and back up at the screen, where the character had returned. "Is it... is it my turn?" He pressed a random button to see, and the character went up and then back down... "ok... um..." he started moving, then he saw one of those things that Zeke had jumped on. He looked down for the button and pressed it, looking back up and shakily guiding himself down on top of it. He missed, landing right in front of it, and his character fell through the floor... "did... did I lose?
"Yup, but its ok, You have extra lives." The screen changed, and Mario had gone down a pipe. "Looks like its my turn!" He ran through the level at a shaky, pace.
Rikki looked down at the controller, he put a thumb on the jump button this time, so he wouldn't lose it. He made the character move right again until he saw the enemy, he pressed the button down, shaking the controller a bit and making a little noise as he did so. This time, he hit the enemy fine.
He moved on, coming to the yellow blocks. He hit them a bit, doing the same thing each time he jumped, and continued, coming across more of the enemies. He tried to jump on them too, but hit the blocks above him, and ended up dying. "oops..."
"Hey man, that's not to shabby for your first day!" Zeke played out his level.
It was Rikki's turn again, he started moving as usual, still hitting the buttons the same way. He managed to defeat the three enemies he'd encountered. "Alright, looks like I'm doing it." *SNAP!* He looked down, blushing: he had snapped the controller into four shards. "Zeke! I... I... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I...." he tried to put the shards back together, failing miserably. They slipped out of his wet paws and into his lap, a small amount of blood running off them, staining the fur on his crotch a dark red. He gasped, and began licking at his paws, trying to close the wounds without making a mess.
(( Continued Here ))
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid swore loudly, the noise hurt his ear. He quickly stormed off in the other direction, still shaking with rage. Thoughts about how much of a jerk Kytes was raced thoguh his head: not only had he totally blown him off like some common thief, but he'd taken his only ball of yarn. He swore about him in his mind, stil moving down the street toward the eastern edge of town.
While Xuan speeds through the street, he notices a black cat moving quickly in the opposite direction towards him.

When he reaches beside the cat, he stops but still retaining its running motion, "Wow another pet I haven't meet? How many are there actually? Are you a residence here? Or-" Xuan suddenly notices the cat's angry expression on its face, and stops his blabbering and settle down a bit.

"Ermm, are you all right?" Xuan can obviously see the expression even though the sunglasses wore by the cat is in the way, and he can definitely sense the rage in the cat, he just asks, just to make sure.

"The swearing I heard just now...is it you? I-It can't be, right?" Xuan just hope the black cat isn't the one who's responsible for the swearing, but it was too obvious, and he's even more nervous when confronting angry people, other than meeting new person.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid GLARED at the small dog next to him, tremors of rage rocking his body. "Me? Alright? Am I alright? What the-" He shoved several swear words together in a way that almost didn't make sense "-do YOU think? I'm-" He did it again, even less coherently "-Peachy! Top of the-" This time, it was just a blur of profanity "-WORLD!" He screamed the last word. "What do you THINK!?" He seemed violent, but was separated from the dog by an invisible wall that he clearly wasn't going to cross...
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Xuan winced a little and just proceeded to close his eyes while the cat just screaming and shouting in front of his face.

Yeah...he's the one, and it's louder here compared to the one I heard just now...oh boy what am I going to do? Xuan tries to think up a solution quickly.

Xuan notices that the cat is going to do something violent if the situation perceives, and he's capable of it, Xuan has always hate violence, part of it is due to the fact that he's not strong and keep losing in physical fight with other pets back in his hometown.

Just gonna try it then...

"Oh come on, things can't be too bad, isn't it?" said Xuan while putting one of his hand/paw on the cat's left shoulder. And that's is one big challenge for him, for doing this to a complete stranger.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid's train of thought suddenly exploded, pieces flying in all directions, and he just stared dumbly at the dog. He wanted to beat him into a pulp, and he could have, but something had broken into his head, screaming at him that it wasn't his fault. And what was this gesture...? Affection? From a random stranger? He broke free from this brief moment of sanity, shoving the paw from his shoulder. "I'M A MONSTER!!!" He screamed in the dog's face, "THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! I'M A TERRIFYING MONSTER AND ALL I CAN DO IS HATE!" He shot off as if the dog was going to slay him, ending his reign of terror, turning back after a single house to open his mouth and shout more, but all he let out was a scream of pure rage.

He ran. He kept running until he hit a fence, and when the happened, he shot over it, hitting bushes, which he tore though. They tore back at his fur and jacket, but he didn't care. He just kept running until he was out, and then he ran through the trees, his mind racing, tears streaming from beneath his glasses as he let out grunting noises, which had replaced his screams. He ran until he couldn't run anymore, and when that happened, he slammed himself into a tree, leaning against it, panting. He seemed to have stopped for a moment, then he let out a howl and began slamming his fists into the tree, letting out loud, bestial grunts of rage as he did so. Bark flew out in all directions, and shredded his knuckles as he pummeled the poor tree. He finally ran out of steam and slowed, his punches getting weaker until he stopped falling against the tree, sobbing.

He finally started to calm down, and let go, sitting on the ground. He stuck his paws beneath his glasses, and wiped the tears away from his eyes, getting the blood from them on his face: he didn't care. He looked upward, exhausted. He stayed that way for a while, just trying to forget about everything. Eventually, his rage left him, but the pain didn't. He got up and started walking back the way he'd come.

He heard voices... Other pets.
He peered over some recently disturbed bushes to see three cats and a dog standing over a confused looking wolf, talking about... a concert?
thrasherblades wrote:Shep could see he started to feel nervous and a little confused. "Okay that's enough Enya.....ENOUGH." Shep said, playfully pushing her aside. "Hey Enya, I think we better hurry back to tell everyone about the show, don't we?" Shep asked her.

"Oh okay! Let's going!" Enya said, holding Jacob's hand. Shep followed after them, together with Joy.
He pulled out a flyer he'd picked up earlier: it was for some novelty-act cat from Saudi Arabia. He looked up: that was the cat. He looked back down at the paper: he might as well go. He walked back to the town, avoiding the others, and the main road at that. He was completely alone the entire time, except for a raccoon with an official looking collar which darted off into the forest without seeing him. He walked into his house through the back and went into the bathroom, cleaning himself up. He looked in the mirror. He turned around and locked the door. He took off his clothes, including his glasses and looked at himself, totally naked, in the mirror. He hated what he saw, and closed his eyes. He took a shower, washing the horrible sequence down the drain.

---- Later that night ----
Sid climbed the fence, his paws bandaged now. He peered over, making sure no one was looking, and slid to the ground on the other side, making sure his glasses had stayed on. He went out into the crowd: the band was playing a lame cover of "Smoke on the Water". He hated how stupid that song was. He looked on stage: so the cat was a guitarist... A female one at that. He admired her body for a moment before looking around...

Before him a chaotic series of events played out behind the scenes: a blue cat almost got into a fight with another cat, but it diffused: LAME! Nothing so far had interested him, so he walked off to leave the way he came. As he walked towards the fence a clumsy dingo who was running around with a pot of molten cheese slammed into him from the side. Sid just grunted and moved on, not even noticing that the dingo had fallen and gotten his head stuck in the pot, completely submerging it in the tasty liquid. The dingo rolled around for a minute, struggling with the pot before finally submitting to his cheesy demise behind a crowd of people who were too busy watching the show to notice. Meanwhile, Sid climbed over the fence just before Enya had her asthma attack, so he didn't see that. He wandered off into the night.... He wandered through the parking lot and sat down in a nearby tree. He watched a man come out with the blue cat: they were swooning over a puppy who didn't want to get in the car. They started doing strange things to him to try and make him fit in the seat: couldn't the blue cat just hold him? He jumped down and walked off into the night...

---- Later ----
He looked up at his new house, walking up to the door. Locked. He scratched at it until his dad came and took him in, carrying him back into his room, sitting on the bed, stroking him.
"So... meet any new friends?" He asked.
"Yeah, then he ran off with One-Ear's ball of yarn..."
"Did you chase after him?"
"yeah, but-" he swore about him "-had some sort of ultrasonic-device, like a cop or something..."
John sighed. "That sucks. Hopefully you'll get it back later. Did you meet anyone else?"
Sid thought: had he? Someone... he couldn't remember... "I... I think I snapped at the next pet I met... so... I'm gonna need to apologize to him..." he added "Then I went to a concert."
"Oh? Who was it?"
"Some novelty act with a cat-guitarist... she was pretty hot..."
John laughed a small amount and put Sid aside, getting up to check the door and windows to the room: all locked up, there was no way to see in. Sid pulled off his Jacket and collar and tossed them together behind his curtain, and stood in front of John, who sat on the bed. Already in his sleep-clothes.
"So... are we going to bed?"
"One last thing" John reached down for Sid's glasses.
Sid held up a limp paw, and let out a weak "but... dad....", but he didn't fight. The glasses came off.
John smiled down at his bare face, "There's the face of my pal." he ruffled Sid's head. He got up and turned off the light, climbing into his own bed and pulling the sheet over himself. Sid jumped up and lied on top of him, they snuggled into each other and fell asleep.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid's train of thought suddenly exploded, pieces flying in all directions, and he just stared dumbly at the dog. He wanted to beat him into a pulp, and he could have, but something had broken into his head, screaming at him that it wasn't his fault. And what was this gesture...? Affection? From a random stranger? He broke free from this brief moment of sanity, shoving the paw from his shoulder. "I'M A MONSTER!!!" He screamed in the dog's face, "THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! I'M A TERRIFYING MONSTER AND ALL I CAN DO IS HATE!" He shot off as if the dog was going to slay him, ending his reign of terror, turning back after a single house to open his mouth and shout more, but all he let out was a scream of pure rage.

He ran....
Xuan just stood there, holding his arm that the cat just shoved away, to make sure it's not sprained, he's an old pet after all, one small sudden action can sometimes prove too much for his body.

"And he didn't even mention his name..." said Xuan while shaking his arm to make sure one more time that his arm is okay. "I can't even tell if he's out of his mind or not... got to look into it someday," said Xuan while he tend his head fur a bit which was in a mess due to the cat's closed-up yelling. ((You could imagine just how loud he is :P))

"Phew! What a day!" Xuan continues.

Suddenly, "OH GOSH! What's the time now? I totally forgot about it!" and Xuan starts to run, again.
JOFOXX wrote:Ian glared after the cat. He shook his head slightly as Kytes disappeared from view and sighed as he turned to the others. "I don't believe this guy." He stamped his foot. "What a jerk!" Ian tried to cool himself off. Not many things got under his skin like this. He shrugged, his timid nature returning. "N-Not much we can do about it I guess." He looked up at the the setting sun. "I should be heading home. N-Nice to meet you all..." With that he turned with a shy wave and went off toward his house.
Xuan continues to run not-so-quickly towards his house, due to the late time. He doesn't like to make his owner worry about him, AND his owner doesn't like him(Xuan) to make him(the owner) worry about him(Xuan) either.

He runs back to the place where he met the roller-blading pets just now, seeing Ian in the distance, just about to leave the place.

Xuan runs past Ian while shouting "Bye~! Ian!"

Running across the street, just opposite Ian, Xuan runs into a 2-storey terrace house with the banner "FOR SALE" partly taken down.

((this was to reveal to Ian where Xuan lives, as to help connecting things if they were to meet again, assuming Ian sees it :P))
Last edited by CY_Law on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:With a grunt of exertion, Frank staggered to his feet. With Jacob's help, they managed to lift Enya enough to part-carry her across the stage.
Sid immediately realized that the cat couldn't hold her weight, and ran up to the stage, shoving people like a mosh-pit. He leaped up in a way that the guards didn't even see him and rushed to the group of cats, (being sure to check his glasses) just as the blue cat seemed (to him) like he was about to drop the other cat, he shoved in. "Here! Let me help!" he held the cat up with his strong arms. "There, why don't you get the legs?" He hadn't even noticed the cat the was holding was a female in a dress, or anyone for that matter, he was just reacting.
"AHH WHO YOU LET GO ME!!" Enya screeched as she was snatched from the hands of Jacob and Frank and into the hands of this other stranger. She didn't care how strong how he was, she just wanted her boyfriend to be with her. "Jacob! Help!" Enya screamed, already terrified and in shock.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Hey, hey, calm down, Enya. I think he just wants to help. So, who are you anyways?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy reached the small group of pets that was helping Enya. She entered into the group quietly, and watched.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

((okay sorry about this rockstarracoon but Enya has to go home now.))

"Everybody, the limo is fired up! Let's go gang! Come on Joy, we gotta get back t' ya folks aint it.." Shep said, grabbing her hand again and quickly rushing outside.

"Okay okay time to go guys! Let's move let's move!" Uncle Florez said, coming down from the stage after the equipment had been moved outside by Enya's band. "Jacob and friends quick let's move move move!" he said, beckoning them to leave the building. "Hey wait where's Enya??" he said as he looked around, looking down to see Sid, who looked like another one of those crazy fans of Enya since he was carrying her. "<Abul right? From her fanclub! Thank you for retrieving her! I'll take it from here!>" Uncle Florez said hurriedly, unknowingly in Arabic. He quickly picked up Enya and rushed outside to the limo. Uncles Florez and the 3 pets rushed to the limo, with Enya in her relative's arms, almost lying lifelessly. He gently placed Enya on the chair and got everyone in. He then rushed back to the van and fired it up. Soon the two vehicles quickly left the place.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob sat next to Enya and glanced out the window. "Well tonight was like the name of your song... A night to remember."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Mmmhmhmm you do pun funny..." Enya said weakly, resting her head against his chest. She reached for the remote on the cushion on her left and turned on the same song which she played. "You favourite no?..." Enya whispered, caressing his cheeks again.

"So Joy....what's the big occassion tonight? Cuzzin or relative comin' over?" Shep said, glancing out the window.