Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

CoffeeJunkie

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Name: Coffee Bean
Species: Boxer/Lab Mix
Neighborhood: Oasis Springs
Personality: A braniac with an overactive imaginative. He likes to meet new people, remembering almost everyone he sees, but is too paranoid to actually make friends, believing that they are just going to forget about him after awhile. He loves to play on his keyboard when he is bored.
Appearance: Dark Brown fur covers most of his body except paws and chin, which are a light brown. He wears half moon glasses, covering his hazel eyes, and a white collar with a beige stripe in the middle, a white coffee mug is his name tag.
Other Notes:
- Coffee does not like coffee at all
- Coffee knows 34 songs that he can play fluently on his keyboard.
- [Off Off Note] Coffee is based on my dog Buster, who died last year.
SPECIAL:
STR: 3
PER: 9
END: 4
CHA: 6
INT: 10
AGI: 3
LUC: 7
Last edited by CoffeeJunkie on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

CoffeeJunkie wrote:- Coffee does not like coffee at all
Good, 'cause with those stats, Coffee would kill him for sure...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Okay guys, we're making some massive changes to the rules...hopefully for the last time.

Neighborhood limit: IT'S GONE! There is no more limit to the number of neighborhoods you may join. However, if you are already in a neighborhood, you must say so when joining another, and the players of the neighborhood are allowed to accept or deny you.

Neighborhood Watch: We're changing this job. This person is a person picked directly by the mods, and will help us (if they agree) by reporting forum rule violations. This is to make the workload of the RP a little bit less for us. It takes a lot of time to read every post...

Neighborhood GM's: These are exactly what you think they are. In starter neighborhoods, players, once they reach 10 players, will need to vote for a GM. More experienced RP'ers can start a neighborhood as their own GM. Once you have a GM, you can make rule changes, moderate your neighborhood of the RP, or kick out problem players, etc. Which brings me to...

House/Neighborhood rules: Players, if they wish, can alter the main rules set in the OOC to suit what they want to play. YOU STILL CAN NOT BREAK ANY FORUM RULES, and any neighborhoods bent on doing so will be shut down. Examples of house rules:
-Slot cap increase/decrease, or changing to invite only
-Increasing or decreasing the amount of total stat points you can give to a character
-Changing character cap limits
-How much drama is allowed
-Removing "extra character building rules" (except for splitting points...explained bellow)

And so forth.

However, there are some standing rules that are not allowed to be changed:

-No crossovers in the IC threads: i.e. No Venison in Radiant Gardens. Once you leave a neighborhood for a different one (something like moving), you are not allowed to return that character to the neighborhood you left, in order to prevent moving abuse.
-Use the basic stat system: By this I mean to use SPECIAL. You can alter this, but it must bear some resemblance to the main system we have. In particular, numbers must remain whole, and 5 is average. 1 is the lowest stat a house rule can go to, but there's no particular cap on the upper ceiling (super-powered pets, anybody? *gins mischievously*)
-Basic Age conversion: 1 human = 3.5 pet. Keep that one simple, please.
-Do not control other's characters. EVER. PERIOD! Look at the first point under RP rules for a bit more on that.
-Participate in the entirety of the forums: There are two other main boards; use them! Please make an effort to interact with the community beyond the RP when you can. While this is more of a suggestion than an actual rule, remember that this is a webcomic community, not a rolepalying one! Be sure to comment on the comic and emerge from the Roleplaying cave every now and again! (this one is copy-pasted)
-Post in the right spots.
-House rules changed mid game MUST BE PUT TO A VOTE!

Okay, a little rough thing of the rule changes we were thinking of bringing. What do you all think? Comment and let me know.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

i agree... mainly because i takes the neighborhood limit away, and RG and RA have grown silent since BsM appeared...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I also agree. So this means that there are not limit as to how many characters I can have? (if everybody approves, of course.) If so, then I would like to make Ginger and Duke (from RA) main characters.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ctcmjh wrote:I also agree. So this means that there are not limit as to how many characters I can have? (if everybody approves, of course.) If so, then I would like to make Ginger and Duke (from RA) main characters.
IF the appropriate GM makes the rule change so that you can have more than 2 main characters.

All the rules in here, the main OOC, apply until otherwise changed by a neighborhood GM.

EDIT: Addendum: House rules changed mid game MUST be put to a vote. Only the GM can put a rule up to vote.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Name - (N/A)
(Now named Darin)

Species - Wolf

Age - 5.25 (1 1/2 Human years)

Gender - Male

Neighborhood - Brookshire Meadows

Appearance -How I imagine him
He has a black muzzle, with a dark gray covering his face except his ears which are also black. His eye's are a bright blue that stand out against his fur color. The rest of the fur on his body is a dark gray with lighter gray on his torso and paws.

Personality -
He is very active, though shy around new things. It was because of his timidness and cautious ways the other cubs picked on him, telling him he'd only be a lowly scavenger when he grew up.

Other -

-When his pack left the preserve for the search of food they were attacked by animal control.(they had wandered into a neighborhood)

-The young cub was separated from his family and remembers what his father had told him if he was ever in danger. "If you are ever in danger or lost head East and you'll find another preserve near Brookshire, they'll help you return home."

SPECIAL - Str = 5; Per = 7; End = 5; Cha = 7; Int = 4; Agl = 7; Luk = 5;
Last edited by Neko on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Already attacking/using the new rules... it's a record!
Name - Kytes Stripes

Species – Cat - Tabby

Age – 15 (4 human)

Neighborhood – BsM (patent (application) pending)

Appearance – Kytes has brown fur riddled with black stripes. All four of his paws are white. For some unknown reason, his left ear is slightly smaller than his right. He has bright blue eyes and a yellow collar with a kite tail (the bows and ribbons normally on kites) for a tag.

Personality – Kytes, oddly enough, likes to fly kites. Or, to be more specific, he likes to crash kites. He's also asphyxiated with flight. Kytes has always been and always will be the destructive one of any group. He has many dangerous ideas, but rarely plays them out. Whenever he does play out an idea, Kytes always makes sure to have a friend nearby, (mainly just for less blame on him when it goes wrong).

Other Notes -
-Voted “Most likely to become a supervillian” in kitty-preschool.
-His “parents” are the founders of the “Perf-Safe” (my Housepets! version of Nerf©) company, so Kytes is rich.
-Kytes was an oddball from the start. In his first family (cat mom, dad, etc. AKA – biological family), he was an only child.
-Semi-inventor, he altered many things around his house to help with many things, such as escaping thieves.

SPECIAL -

Strength - 5

Perception - 4

Endurance - 7

Charisma - 7

Intelligence - 8

Agility - 6

Luck - 5

Strengths and Weaknesses -
S - Kytes has really good eyesight.
W - He has terrible hearing.
Last edited by DarkHeartsAndSuch on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

<GUEST CHARACTER>

-Name-
Felix Gray

-Species-
Cat.

-Age-
18 ( 5.15 human years)

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows.

-Appearance-
Light grey, except for his paws, Feet, and head-fur is Blue. he has a orange collar, with red stripes. and a tag that looks like an arrow head. his eyes are bright yellow

-Personality-
Overall, nice. Loving and caring for the person he loves, will always be there for them. And is VERY protective of them.

-Other Notes-
Live in Oklahoma were Joy used to live, was Joy's Boyfriend until she moved to Brookshire.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 7

Perception- 5

Endurance- 7

Charisma- 6

Intelligence- 5

Agility- 7

Luck- 5
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zander

Post by Zander »

2 new characters in a row? O_o

-Name-
Matt

-Species-
dog - Golden Labrador

-Age-
19 =~ 5.5

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
a regular all around Golden Labrador, always has dark sunglasses on. has a Blu-tooth wireless dog's earpiece.
black with red stripes collar, and a red triangle for a tag.

-Personality-
Not necessarily mean, but not really the most joyful and nice pet in the world. has no care for any pet that is younger, less rich, less good looking, or less anything to him. and if someone is the same, or better then him at anything, he treats them as if there the same.

-Other Notes-
Hes rich, which is obvious in his attitude.
his Blu-tooth earpiece can cause some serious confusion.
80% of the time he has his bodyguard, a Chocolate lab, alongside him.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 8
Perception- 4
Endurance- 7
Charisma- 7
Intelligence- 6
Agility- 5
Luck- 5
Last edited by Zander on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

I hereby formally request the right to create the RP Forum "Yorkshire Fields".

Please?
Zander

Post by Zander »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:I hereby formally request the right to create the RP Forum "Yorkshire Fields".

Please?

Personally, me. i think it would be a great idea.

But factually, there are enough neighborhoods. maybe when housepets! gets a little more populated? :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:I hereby formally request the right to create the RP Forum "Yorkshire Fields".

Please?

Personally, me. i think it would be a great idea.

But factually, there are enough neighborhoods. maybe when housepets! gets a little more populated? :3
Exactly what I was thinking. The neighborhood request system was only made to help accommodate the growing RP; six neighborhoods might be too many. However, if a mod says ok, then you're good to go.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
FunkyChickenFace

No probs, just waiting for the mods is all.

But you may be right, six could be a bit much. Then again, the new one near the Mojave Desert is a low key neighborhood, so maybes?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:No probs, just waiting for the mods is all.

But you may be right, six could be a bit much. Then again, the new one near the Mojave Desert is a low key neighborhood, so maybes?
Maybes, maybes.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

Yay, new character!! Woot!!!

Name: Stephanie Castle

Species: Doggie! (corgi)

Neighborhood: Oasis Towers

Appearance: Stephanie has big dark brown eyes, that look almost black. Her fur color is like this. Her collar is light purple, with a golden star with her name in it as a tag. She wears a purple tank top (for some odd reason her parents don't understand) and carries a small purple purse everywhere she goes.

Personality: She's nice, and will give almost everything she can for someone in need, but Stephi is spoiled. She uses 'puppy dog eye' frequently to get what she wants, and because her parents are both successful actors, she is rich and usually gets it. She may seem like a spoiled brat at first, but after one gets to know her, they realize she's mainly trying to help others. She's loyal, very nice, and will not be walked on. Some friends she's had in the past think they can use her, since she's so small, but they always have another thing coming to them. her favorite thing to do is act.

Other:
She wants to be an actress, like her mom.
She has her own credit card.
She's almost never seen with out a purple purse at her side.
Sometimes, she feels misunderstood by everyone and 'runs away' to the nearest coffee shop, where she chills for 10 minutes before the paparazzi find her and she has to be taken home immediately.

SPECIAL:
S- 4
P- 6
E- 6
C- 8
I- 7
A- 6
L- 5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

My character for Oasis Towers
-Name-
Tobias Grant

-Species-
Cat

-Age-
6 years old (21 in cat years)

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-

Tobias is a shorthaired cat with jet black fur, and white mitten-paws. His eyes are different colors: his right eye is green and his left eye is orange. His collar is white, and has a Fleur-de-lis as the tag. He wears a trilby hat all the time.

-Personality-
Tobias (or Toby) is often found causing mischief anywhere he can. It’s almost like he thrives on causing chaos. But he never takes it too far, and only causes mischief for fun and never to hurt someone. When he’s not off pulling a prank, he’s very relaxed and laid-back, and a little lazy.

-Other Notes-
Tobias’s owner is a eccentric old man named Alistair Thaddeus Grant. Alistair owns a curiosity shop in Oasis Towers, and tends to spend most of his time either running his shop, or at home in his study. Tobias has done worse than just pranking: He's quite the kleptomaniac, and he sells catnip.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 4 "Nah, I'm good sleeping. I'll help you carry that later."
Perception- 7 "So, I can already see four bugs in this room, and I see 43 other places where- AH! Don't sneak up on me!"
Endurance- 4 "Still sleeping. No running."
Charisma- 8 "Hey darling, how about we go down to the park and take a walk together. We can talk about your problems and I'll nod my head and tell you it'll be okay"
Intelligence- 7 "I don't know anything about Shakespeare, or chemicals, but I can hack any computer. Just try me."
Agility- 6 "You'd think I would be unlucky. You know, black cat?"
Luck- 6 He's neither very lucky, nor is he unlucky, but combined with his determination, he can get what he wants.
Last edited by ctcmjh on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Character type: Main

Name- Marc Dellis, a.k.a. Projection

Species-Dog, Appenzeller Sennenhund (yes, that's a real breed)

Gender-Male

Age- 6 (Human years), 21 (pet years)

Neighborhood- Oasis Towers

Appearance- Marc's fur is the common coloring for an Appenzeller Sennenhund: mostly black, with white and amber colorings around the paws, snout, tail, and belly (look here for an example). He wears a green collar with a black vinyl tag, and black skull candy headphones around his neck. When under the persona of Projection, however, he wears aviator sunglasses, and black cargo pants, and the headphones go over his ears.

-Personality-
Marc is really shy and sensitive. He cries during romantic movies, is very easily embarrassed, and doesn't have a whole lot of friends. However, the ones he does have are really good friends who he'd trust with his life. Marc also has a drop-dead fear of female dogs.
However, when Marc takes up the persona of Projection, he becomes more sociable, and comfortable, but also is aloof, and harder to become friends with.

Other Notes- If you haven't figured out yet, Marc is a DJ, whose stage name is Projection. Marc loves dance music, and spends a lot of time mixing his own stuff on his computer. His owner, David Dellis, is really close to him, and has helped him improve on his hobby by helping him buy software and sound equipment. Marc loves putting on performances to display his stuff, and actually has a small fanbase. However, he never tells people his real name while at a gig, and only a few people know the "secret identity" of Projection, meaning Marc's closest friends, and of course David.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 6

Perception- 5

Endurance- 7

Charisma- 3 (when Marc, it's a 7 when he's Projection, but since he's usually Marc, 3 is the best entry here)

Intelligence- 5

Agility- 5

Luck- 5
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Ok, new character for a new neighborhood.

Name: Bastion Chevalier

Main Character

Species: Stoat

Appearance: Bastion is brown with the fur of his chest and stomach being cream colored. In the winter his fur changes to a uniform white, except for his tail tip, which is black in both summer and winter. His eyes are purple. He often wears random articles of clothing, usually not the same one two days in a row.

Personality: Bastion is very curious and is a little bit of a thrill-seeker. He is fascinated by unusual objects and curiosities, and collects them. Is very playful, and often seems to act like a kid.

Notes: His human mom, Angela, runs a pet grooming salon, while his father, Luc, owns a bakery.

SPECIAL
Str:5
Per:6
End:4
Cha:8
Int:5
Agi:10
Luc:4
Last edited by ArgentFlame on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:
Two things:

1. HOORAY FOR THE ASIAN INVASION!!!
2. Does Xuan have a Chinese Accent?
1. Yay for Asian "invasion" lol
2. And for your question, hmm... I don't think so (strange, I'm a Chinese and have no Chinese accent, country I guess), but he might not be so fluent in English, like if he was to pronounce a long word, it might look like this, eg. "P-Pro-cras-ti~nates" , which I should use less frequently since it is kinda hard to read. :P

On second thought, I *might* let him have the accent, but I can't show it in text right?
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

For Oasis Towers

Name: Captain Jack "Cap" Cooke (Actual legal name is Captain Jack)
Species: Dachshund

Appearance: Captain Jack, or Cap as he goes by, is typical in appearance to the typical smooth haired Dachshund with short limbs and a light brown fur. Strangely though he always wears what appears to be an old fashioned aviator's cap with goggles with a magnifying glass attachment which has several different zoom intensities and he can adjust with a dial on the side of the goggles. He has a tendency to change the zoom on people to get a close look.

Personality: Always having trouble with physical activity due to his short limbs, Cap became more exercised in his mind than his body. Even though he doesn't exercise he is skinny and wirey. Most of the time he observes things closely, taking note of weird small things like specific bugs or details on people. He tends to creep people out but he means well. He can normally be found wandering about the apartment complex doing just weird stuff. He doesn't know many social rules and is baffled by some of them. Strangely he talks in a quick voice many describe as somewhat annoying.

SPECIAL
Strength 3
Perception 10
Endurance 4
Charisma 2 (he comes off as weird)
Intelligence 10
Agility 4
Luck 10
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

It seems that all of the pets in Oasis Towers are a tad eccentric.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Attention All!
The Main OOC has been amended to include the rules proposed...and then some! Re-read the entire OOC again when you have time, and let me know if there are any inaccuracies for things such as the current neighborhood GM's or the descriptions! Thank you, and enjoy your newfound ability to stretch the limitations of your neighborhood!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints about the changes (though I will not change the "RP Rules" section in the interest of ensuring nobody breaks any forum rules or angers any other players) then go ahead and post them here.

I'll be posting a similar notice in each of the other OOC's to ensure that everyone sees this. I will delete said notices later.
FunkyChickenFace

CY_Law wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:
Two things:

2. And for your question, hmm... I don't think so (strange, I'm a Chinese and have no Chinese accent, country I guess), but he might not be so fluent in English, like if he was to pronounce a long word, it might look like this, eg. "P-Pro-cras-ti~nates" , which I should use less frequently since it is kinda hard to read. :P

On second thought, I *might* let him have the accent, but I can't show it in text right?
Well, you COULD, but you'd have to go:

"Hello, I is Xuan!! What your name?"
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:
CY_Law wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:
Two things:

Well, you COULD, but you'd have to go:

"Hello, I is Xuan!! What your name?"
Hmm I don't count that as accent though, that's more onto grammar and stuff :\
That's the case with thrasherblades' character "Enya", the way she speaks has something to do with the language barrier, as thrasherblades claims it. To quote one of her lines, "Now we playing our next new single", grammar as you can see.

So now for the accent, although Xuan is "Chinese", one of his backstory I didn't mention is that he comes from a multiracial country WITH Chinese, but not China itself. Which might cause the lack of accent, OR maybe not accent, but I can use slang,("there are many slang in conversations in my country anyway), though it will sound silly(so I didn't let my character to use it in RP) and in real life I tend not to use the slang if I were in an "international standard" conversation :P. It will look something like this, eg: "You know what is this ma? You don't know? Why you don't know leh? Aiya, forget about it la!" The "ma", "leh", "aiya" and "la"(all are from Chinese words) are some of the most commonly used slang by Chinese in my country, they put in some Chinese words to manipulate the tone of their sentence, so that it is more easy for others to understand it(usually those who are worse in English). So since most of the people here don't know the slang, and I'm now in an "international" forum :P I avoid using the slang.

And since I can't show "accent" in text form as I said, let's just say that Xuan doesn't have accent but still poor in vocabulary, eg: poor in using "big" words. Hope I clear this up enough for you ;)
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

-Name-
Andre Rigatelli

-Species-
Border Collie

-Age-

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Jose looks like your average border collie, with black patches accompanying his light brown fur. He wears a green collar and has the Italian flag colours on a circular metal tag hanging down.

-Personality-
Noisy and can be boisterous at times, but one can count on Jose as a jolly good fellow. Jose is easily distracted by things even of the slightest excitement, such as the frequent beaming of a laser on the ground by his dad. He stands up for his friends and tries his best not to let them down.

-Other Notes-
-Andre speaks both English and Italian languages fluently.
-His owners, Miguel and Angela Rigatelli, own an Italian restaraunt in the middle of Oasis City called the Tango Tango. They moved here to start the big Italian food & beverage franchise in the U.S.
-Andre can cook! He had been specially trained by Miguel to whip up the finest Italian cuisines on earth. He has won a few international culinary awards and also has his custom set of utensils and custom made steel knives.
-Andre plays some piano in his free time.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 5
Perception- 4
Endurance- 8
Charisma- 8
Intelligence- 6
Agility- 5
Luck- 6
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

-Name-
William Goldridge (Called Li, pronounced Lee)

-Species-
Siberian Tiger

-Age-

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Williams fur is mainly white, but with 10 black stripes running across his body. Although being a tiger, he is very small, being only 4" tall. His eyes are red, and quite big comparing to others eyes. His collar is green, with a bright, blue colored stone hanging down from it.

-Personality-
William is for most of the times very shy, but once you get to know him he'll do almost anything. He is also very paranoid and gets scared VERY easily. He is although a very good listener, and if theres someone in need of venting, hes there to listen. He also likes to play games, online if possible.

-Other Notes-
William was rescued from poachers when he was just a little kitten, and ever since then he's been living with his adoptive mother Beth.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 6
Perception- 6
Endurance- 6
Charisma- 3
Intelligence- 5
Agility- 6
Luck- 4

*hopes I can be a very small tiger*
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I made a bad pet. >:|
Name: Sid Cooper
Species: Cat (Black Abyssinian Purebred)
Neighborhood: Brookshire Meadows

Appearance: Black cat with a white chin, belly, and tail-marking. The fur on the top of his head is spiked, as much as it can be so. He has a few rings in his left ear and wears a collar with metal-spikes. He likes to wear a leather jacket with the Troll-Face ('>:|') stenciled on.
Most importantly, he always wears a pair of dark sunglasses, which have large lenses which completely cover his eyes. They are secured to his head with a back-strap, and he never takes them off, even at night and inside.
( Season 1 Picture ) ( Season 1 without clothes )
( Season 2 Picture )

Personality: Whatever you've got, Sid hates it. Period. He tends to be rude, and even a bully to other pets, and has trouble making friends because of this tendency. When he warms up to someone though, he tries to be a good friend, even if he's not very successful. He tends to spew a stream of hateful or demented obscenity, and likes to give extreme "political opinions" to get a rise. (the best example being the one about Euthanizing all Corgi's as a government mandate, because they are too stupid and ugly to exist) Sid is a bit of a sociopath by pet standards, and has trouble empathizing with non-violent concepts and emotions.
The truth is, Sid has always wanted to be a good pet, but has never been able to, no matter how hard he tries. He was originally born with a litter that was to go to a pet store, but they didn't want him, so he went to a shelter. He's been with 3 different families before: all of them didn't want him after a few months. When he found out the 3rd one was going to send him back to the shelter once again, he ran away. He had met John Cooper at a punk-rock venue where they were both regulars, who adopted him shortly after he was caught by animal control. He's been angered and hardened by his life.

Other Notes: Sid is named after suicidal Punk-Rock-Star Sid Vicious.
Bass - Sid plays bass in a punk band with his dad and his roommates, who are all college freshmen.
Detroit - They are all from Inner-City Detroit, where Sid was a stray for over a year.
Beater - Sid is quite willing and able to beat most other pets up. It's not hard to get him that mad.
Sunglasses - He is emotionally dependent on his sunglasses, and keeps them on at all costs.
Pet Database - If he is looked up in the pet database he was born to a pet-store breeder, who sent him to a shelter where he was named "Cyclops". There are special notes from his shelter trips: "1) Rejected from pet store due to 'unacceptable deformity', recommendation from breeder: euthanasia. 2) Sent back by family after two moths. No behavior problems reported. 3) Returned by family after 3 months. No behavior problems reported. If returned again, consider euthanasia. 4) Ran away. Family requests non-return. No previous behavior problems reported. Search priority: low. No one wants this cat. 5) Caught in routine sweep. Was in line for euthanasia when John Cooper (18) came and specially requested him. Released to Mr. Cooper after processing. Legal name changed from 'Cyclops' (given name) to 'Sid' (street name) by new owner. (special exception made because of the nature of both names)" These are all within a year of each other, except the last, which is from over a year later, and only happened a few months before they moved in.
Pockets - Because I just realized that it's not listed: Sid has the following items zipped in his pockets. Left: A dirty old ball of yarn, spare sunglasses, a large bag of catnip and a smaller bag of anise, a deck of cards that looks like it's been left in the rain wrapped in plastic and duct-tape Right: Knife, Slingshot, black notebook wrapped in plastic and duct-tape
Theme Songs (IDK why) - This would be his theme-song: Rocky Horrow Picture Show - Eddie's Teddy (Punk Rock remake)
Or maybe this one: Sex Pistols (Sid Vicious) - My Way (Cover)

SPECIAL:
Str - 7
Per - 6 (4 for anything involving vision)
End - 6
Cha - 4 (6 for anything involving smooth-talking/wit, or whatever you want to call it)
Int - 6
Agl - 7
Luk - 4

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strength: Sid is combat hardened from a year as a stray, and thus, is an experienced Street-Fighter and survivalist.
Weakness: He also has a level of PTSD and Psychosis, meaning he looses his cool very easilly, becoming a pet-pounding machine.
Strength: He is extremely agile and resourceful, having had to fend for himself his whole life and having had to run from Animal Control and stronger strays for over a year.
Weakness: He also has a depression problem from loosing so many friends and having such a hard past, but also tends to talk casually about his hard past, making people uncomfortable.
Strength: He knows how to talk his way through situations, being an experienced liar and con, because he's had to. He's also good with thinking up witty things to say.
Weakness: Has a constant stream of profanity going in his head and swears constantly, making him seem rude. This, his outfit, and his glasses, which hide his eyes, mean he looks untrustworthy and cannot make facial expressions. He is also a mild sociopath.

Warning:
Sid is Short-Tempered, Violent, and a well-trained fighter. Other players need to be aware of this before they have any hostile interaction with him. If you don't want him to beat up your character, PM me, and he won't get past yelling at them.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:14 am, edited 20 times in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Hey, look at this. Am I actually joining another neighborhood on my own accord? Yeah, I think I am!
Name: Jaxeh Wark

Species: Siberian Husky

Appearance: Jax appears mostly like your standard Siberian Husky, with a brown coat on his back, rather than the standard black. His eyes are different colors: His left eye is a brown exactly matching that of his fur, and his right is the normal light blue style eyes that Huskies have. Also, for some reason, both of his ears never erected when he was a puppy, leaving them limp, dampening his hearing. He always wears a messenger bag for holding his belongings. If one looks closely enough, he wears contacts. His collar is extravagant, since he's so rich: leather, hand dyed silver, with custom pockets for his cell phone and wallet. The inside part of the collar is completely inlined with silk for comfort. Yes, it does need to be dry cleaned. The collar also has a GPS unit embedded in it, small screen and all. He never gets lost as a result.

Personality: He's a jerk. Arrogant, with above average intelligence and strength, and his dad being extremely wealthy, he believes he's entitled to just about everything. Even worse, with a bottomless allowance from his dad, he can get just about everything he wants on a whim. He just snaps his fingers in his apartment, or walks into a shop and gets what he wants. Failing that, he just whips out his cell phone, and order what he wants, literally getting it in minutes. Imagine him as the evil antagonist jock in a high school movie, and you've got a good read on his personality.

Jaxeh thinks wealth is mostly the end all beat all thing. He uses it to make friends and otherwise just abuse things and has no care for the value of money or being thrifty. While he thinks he might be above others for that, and is an arrogant jerk, this doesn't mean that he won't talk to people "bellow" him. Furthermore, he gets angry or disappointed when his money can't get him something. When there's something he wants, he HAS to have it...and he usually talks down to others, no matter who they are. Sadly, the only friends that he really has are those who've been bought out.

Other Notes:
-Being rich, he CAN get anything he wants. Three times per chapter/time skip, he can pull out his cell phone and get nearly ANYthing he wants delivered to wherever he is within the next two hours (faster if necessary). In addition, he always has enough money to buy whatever he wants/needs. He does know the value of money...he just also knows that he has enough money to not have any need to care about that value.
-Sadly enough, some "friendship" can be bought. He always has a posse of at least two random pets near him unless he dismisses them or shoos them away. He can have up to five minor random pets around him, hanging with him or protecting him. However, Klack seems to stay by him most often.
-He has a key-card that can get him into ANY special room in the tower, including some hidden shortcuts and elevators scattered throughout the building...these cuts are not covered by the security cameras. However, this card still can't open other's personal rooms. The shortcuts can't be used without this card. Jaxeh can get others these cards (or others can use them if he loses a card and they find it).

SPECIAL
STR-8
PER-3
END-7
CHA-7
INT-7
AGL-5
LUC-5
Buckdida wrote:I am on a character making crazy spree. Here's my second main for OT.

Name: Mouse "Klack" Burgon

Type: Main

Species: Saint Bernard

Appearance: While his fur makes him look like a Saint Bernard, the rest of him largely doesn't, being far, far too small for his breed. Because he didn't get proper nourishment while growing up, his body formed small and weak, giving him a rather thin demeanor as opposed to the normal hulking body type of a Bernard. But on the plus side, this has made it so his lips aren't as floppy and big, so he can control his drooling easily. His collar is a braided rope, and from that hangs a cheap, dented aluminum tag.

Personality: Calm, friendly, creative and intelligent, most people wonder why the heck Klack keeps the company of such bad people, namely the stuck up Jaxeh. That's neither here nor there; the fact that he does so repels most other pets anyway. His reasons for doing so are largely unknown, but whenever possible, he attempts to nudge the pompous Husky in the right directions though he's usually not listened to. Klack cares for others around him, and often attempts to counter balance the jerkness left in Jaxeh's wake.

Other notes:
-Klack is an artist, and lets most of his feelings and other such emotions out in this way. As such, he's often able to keep himself from losing his head, crying, yelling, or otherwise: he feels those feelings are best put out in a constructive matter.
-As part of his lack of care growing up, his bones deteriorated, causing him to become afflicted with hip dysplasia. Eventually, he had to undergo surgery to fix the problem, but things never set quite right. As such, he can't move very fast, and any overextension causes him to limp for a good while. He still has steady hands, though.

SPECIAL
STR-4
PER-9
END-3
CHA-8
INT-9
AGL-3
LUC-6
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@RockstarRaccoon:

Is that even allowed...? :shock:
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ChewyChewy wrote:Is that even allowed...? :shock:
What? Making a bad-pet? The comic has Bino and King, both of whom are technically naughty pets. Bino is always doing something bad, and while he's not as outwardly malicious, King isn't a model of behavior either. (partially because he grew up human.)
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Is that even allowed...? :shock:
What? Making a bad-pet? The comic has Bino and King, both of whom are technically naughty pets. Bino is always doing something bad, and while he's not as outwardly malicious, King isn't a model of behavior either. (partially because he grew up human.)
Neither of them shouted obscenities or political opinions, though.... Well, okay, King did that one time, but that was once, and it was censored, and it took a LOT of pushing to get him to do it....
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ChewyChewy wrote:Neither of them shouted obscenities or political opinions, though.... Well, okay, King did that one time, but that was once, and it was censored, and it took a LOT of pushing to get him to do it....
Who said I'm not gonna censor him, or make political opinions which can even be understood or analyzed? He's gonna have really mean dialogue, and that's the point. Here's an example for you.
"Oh look, a Corgi. I always thought they were the ugliest looking, stupidest-" he swore about them, "-I'd ever seen. Ya know I think president Stalin should make it a new policy to euthanize them on the spot. POW! Knock 'em right off, the second the 'ol pound-truckers spot 'em." He made a gun-gesture with his fingers and pointed at Ian, making as if he was shooting. He had a mean looking smirk on his face the entire time, knowing he was picking on a target who couldn't fight back.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Neither of them shouted obscenities or political opinions, though.... Well, okay, King did that one time, but that was once, and it was censored, and it took a LOT of pushing to get him to do it....
Who said I'm not gonna censor him, or make political opinions which can even be understood or analyzed? He's gonna have really mean dialogue, and that's the point. Here's an example for you.
"Oh look, a Corgi. I always thought they were the ugliest looking, stupidest-" he swore about them, "-I'd ever seen. Ya know I think president Stalin should make it a new policy to euthanize them on the spot. POW! Knock 'em right off, the second the 'ol pound-truckers spot 'em." He made a gun-gesture with his fingers and pointed at Ian, making as if he was shooting. He had a mean looking smirk on his face the entire time, knowing he was picking on a target who couldn't fight back.
That's still meaner than anything I've ever seen out of Bino.
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ChewyChewy wrote:That's still meaner than anything I've ever seen out of Bino.
It doesn't really push the rating though.
But that's not gonna be his usual antics: his usual antics are to troll the group, and try futilely to make friends. Keep in mind that I'm still thinking this character out.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

And also, 'Coon's running the character and what he'll be doing by me. I've asked him to keep the political stuff to a minimum, and it MUST be obvious hyperbole when he does so. Don't worry, I'll be keeping an eye out. The character will be fine in the end, I assure you.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@RockstarRaccoon: It's not so much you--I'm just surprised at how many characters in the "Pet Friendly" RPG are so MEAN. It seems a disproportionate number....

@Buckdida: I'm glad to hear that. Sorry, I know I'm not a mod so I'm not trying to get after him, I was just stunned....
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ChewyChewy wrote:@RockstarRaccoon: It's not so much you--I'm just surprised at how many characters in the "Pet Friendly" RPG are so MEAN. It seems a disproportionate number....
Not in BsM. We've had no really antagonistic characters in BsM so far. Rikki started out as if he was gonna make witty cracks on other characters, but that quickly left the character, and now he's more of a "wizened elder" of sorts. (I might even want to reincorporate a bit of that to Rikki, 'cause now he's too positive it seems...)

There's a bit more to Sid than that though: I named him after Sid Vicious because he's a troubled character on a psychopathic roller-coaster to self-destruction. I briefly considered him as having a failed suicide attempt, but that was WAY too dark. (Yeah, don't even TRY making a PF character like that.) Really, he's just a troubled character who's gotten his heart tied up in so many knots that hate is all he can seem to give, and he's gotten good at it. I'm gonna have him have moments when he breaks this routine and shows that he's a frightened child who can't cope with the insanity which he's gained in place of adulthood, and is just confused as to why he can't seem to control himself and this undying hatred he has.
This leaves him room to develop and expand, and it leaves the other characters to wonder how anyone can get so screwed up.

He's actually based off of myself, or at least the part of me that writes songs like "Have a Nice Day", "Everything Sucks", and "#### You". And then the part of myself that wrote songs like "Don't know", "10 PM", "31", and "I don't know how I feel right now." (The jacket is a direct reference to all of this.)
Think Slim Shady: he can only grab at clues from his chaotic past to explain it, but he's "cursed - to just blurt - this berserk - and just curse: - it's the worst!"
Or maybe Holden Caufield: he's at a point in his screwed up life where all he can do is be a pessimist and see "phonies" wherever he looks, and hate them.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

See, more often than not, mean characters are indeed built with the ability to become nice. It just might take a very, very, very, very, long time for them to reach that point, but usually, the driving character dev for such a character is...becoming nice. Orrrrrr at least becoming a jerk with a heart of gold. Sometimes, there might be a character that's just the random antagonist that never seems to change, like that high school jock bully. Life would be just dull without something working against you, no? Sometimes, it might be something for the other players to rally against.

...And if all else fails, or it gets too bad, well, the other players can vote the character gone.

Wherever it goes, it's ultimately up to the players to role with it. If something is not liked, then players in the neighborhood can speak up, and if the GM doesn't listen, then, well, you can come to Dylan, Argent, or I.

We have ways of making you tal- *cough* I mean, there's ways that make sure things run smoothly while being interesting. Remember, things are supposed to be in the interest of fun and pastime, so if something isn't fun, then just speak up and vote to have it axed. We've made it so that you can do that now, you know.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Buckdida wrote:...And if all else fails, or it gets too bad, well, the other players can vote the character gone.
I actually have a plan to permanently seriously chill him down when I need to. (and no, it's not getting him 'fixed', RV member. >:|)