OC Auditions now open! 10+ slots and all are welcome!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Dean

OC Auditions now open! 10+ slots and all are welcome!

Post by Dean »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010
I would like to welcome the team's newest member! The inquisitive ctcmjh! Now as a part of the team, he will help build the story and present any ideas that may cross his mind alongside The Game and Buckdida. I am more than happy to have him, a willing and enthusiastic member of the team who's skills I'm excited to see in action! :)

I would like to announce that the stories will begin production as of tomorrow. The story itself, however, would be updated at the beginning of August. I want to maximize as much as I can for the episode when its on site. So expect long updates monthly!

And a great many thanks to all those who auditioned! Though not all the slots are filled quite yet, and new inspired roles just waiting to be awakened, we are more than ready to get going with the story as is with what we have.

We will be contacting you when we need anymore information.

Thank you all again for your participation! :D

~Dean

Added DarkHeartsandSuch's OC's Shade and Kytes.
Added ctcmjh OC's Bianca, Winch and Duke.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Added Jack's Jack Alter OC.
Added Buckdida's Trinket and Ochen OCs.
Added ctcmjh's Max and Liz OCs.
Added Dr. Prower's Jacob OC.
Added ArgentFlame's Del OC.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
This is the special audition.

We have a good team of people already. We have the intellectual Buckdida, the artistic Two_Twig, the inspiring The Game, the productive James319, and myself. However, this team, as lucky as I am to have them, isn't complete.

I need just one more person to join in. We need someone who can share ideas and thoughts, proof read, a little research (which is minimal as most of the researching is done), and give anything else he/she can offer.

I need someone who will have the time to assist often or at least frequently enough with and PM me if any sparks of inspiration (great or small) comes to mind. This person will work alongside The Game and Buckdida on the story.

If anyone is interested, and believes well enough in their capacity, and overall willing to assist, please opt for the position along with an explanation why you believe you could do this through a PM.

This audition ends this Saturday. (Extended if no one has applied.)
Thank you for your cooperation :)

~Dean

Added The Game's Wonder and Stephanie OCs.
Added Dr. Prower's Aaron OC.

I'll check out Buck's, ctc's, the rest of Prower's and Argent's characters tomorrow. It took longer than I thought. :P I'll also add Jack's when he responds.

Monday, June 21, 2010
I'm sorry if I haven't gone and checked out the bios for those who have already auditioned. (Even thought the auditioning hadn't even started at the time :P) But I'll check them out next time. It's still the weekday so I won't be able to respond with a head fully focused on this just yet. But I promise that I will be back to read them same time tomorrow!

Please read the OC sheet to better understand what your character is getting into and how they will be used. Reading the cast list will allow better understanding where the character would be heading.

You may be able to recommend another's OC for the story. And if we agree, we will send a request.

Focus will be on the OCs for this month, mostly. The stories are already in production.

The auditions will go on till the stories themselves end. (Which will take really, really long :P) So the Audition goes on, even if the cast list is filled. Since inspiring new roles is something that is looked out for.

And sorry to The Game about not waiting for her response but I needed to get this off my plate before I did anymore.

Also, a special, audition for any one member of the forums will be up tomorrow! It won't be for an OC but I need another member to help us out with the story! I'll set it up tomorrow with the requirements.

-------------

This is the cast list where the OCs will be placed when a slot is taken. These are the available ones for the OCs. The main characters are obvious with a few that are to be kept secret till then.

As the story would progress, we may find that we need more cast slots for other roles but the chances for that are unknown.

Note:

New inspired roles will be in green
OCs enlisted are dark red
New OCs enlisted will be yellow
Underlined are important details regarding the OC himself/herself
Average stats is 5, Good would be slightly, somewhere above that. (Referring to SPECIAL [see OC sheet])
The cast list isn't complete yet. It still has more roles to be filled.

Seattle Runaways (Grapenut)
Note: The characters in this cast list will ascertain to become deep in emotion as this story is more of a drama. But a romance overall.

Cast:

The Main Characters
1.Peanut
2.Grape

Supporting Characters (Non-OC)
1. Tarot
2. Pete
3. King
4. Sasha
5... (Others, soon to come... maybe)

Restaurant Owner
1. (Soon to come, need help from partners)

-------------

Restaurant Owner's Daughter
1. Bianca Hunter by ctcmjh
-Female.
-Friendly.
-Shy

Peanut's Old Classmate(s)
1. Elizabeth "Liz" Rozen by ctcmjh
2. Trinket by Buckdida
-Whether or not he/she graduated depends solely on the auditioned OC.
-Will be a close part of the main cast's life.

Restaurant Owner's Sister
-Female
-Whether or not she's okay with her brother marrying a (put interspecial species here) depends solely on the auditioned OC.
-No age below 5

Arrow's Assistant
1. Endellion "Del" Burke by ArgentFlame
-Intellectual.
-High Intellect.
-Possibly smarter than Arrow and would eventually take his place in Seattle.
-Relation with Arrow (no romance!) will depend on the OCs owner

Seattle Doctor
1. Leaka by Buckdida
~Any Gender. Doctor (certified or otherwise)

Seattle's Free Clinic Head
1. Maximilian "Max" Rozen by ctcmjh
-Well informed in medicine
-Caring
-Avoidant of conflict

King's Soleful Patient
1. Jack Alter by Jack
-Caring
-Perceptive
-Will connect with the main cast and particular OCs
-Will get very sick

Seattle's Local All-around Engineer:
1. Winchester "Winch" Hunter by ctcmjh
-Curious with technology
-Will aid the characters in their machines
-Received an award for being amongst those who resurrected and modified the Hydraulic Generators all over the world

Seattle Lawyer
1. Venison by Buckdida
-Protective
-Perceptive

Seattle Policeman:
1. Duke Alexander by ctcmjh
-Strong
-Uplifting
-Supportive of the many ideals of the characters

Apartment Building Owner
-May be accented.
-Older than 5.

The Waiter and Weightlifter
1. Ochen by Buckdida
2. ...? Two at most
-(at least)Good strength (higher (even in the slighteest) than Peanut's would probably be)
-(at least)Average Perception
-(at least)Average Endurance
-Around average or below Luck might allow some closer relation to Peanut

Judgemental Group/Antagonists: (doubtful that much would want to enlist as the antagonist but that's up to the responses)

-------------

Dynamics (Marpe)
Note: The OCs don't necessarily need to be able to play instruments or aspire for a college diploma to be a part of this. They just need to join in.

Cast:

The Main Characters
1.Max
2.Grape

Supporting Characters (Non-OC)
1.King
2.Tarot
3.Sasha
4.Fido
5.Sabrina
6.Bino
7.Joey
8.Zach
9.Tiger
10.Marvin
11.Spo
12.Fiddler
13.Keys
14.Mr. Bigglesworth (Names will then vary due to the new world)
15.Peanut
16.Miles
17.Lucretia
18.Keene
19.Lana
20.Rock

Manager
1. Secret... >:P

-------------

Max's First Band Mates:
1. Jacob Daniels by Dr. Prower
(GUITARIST)
-Male
-Confident
2. Kytes Stripes by DarkHeartsandSuch
(DRUMMER)
-Any gender
3. Elizabeth "Liz" Rozen by ctcmjh
(BASS)
-Female
-Any personality residing along the lines of uplifting. (Ex. Wise or an Optimist)
-Will make an apperance in both fics

Dealer
1. Tobias Grant by ctcmjh
-Somewhat sinister
-Varied in skills
-Charismatic

Grape's College Professor:
2. ...? (depends if we find another character to suit the role alongside the first)
-Intellectual
-Personality will affecting teaching skills
-If age is 5, intellect must be high

Grape's Schoolmates:
1. Aaron Morris by Dr. Prower
2. Wonderland "Wonder" Deeters by The Game
3. Stephanie Castle by The Game
(this list must vary from male or female)
-Some (maybe most or all) will be Grape's new friends
-Mice might make things more interesting
-Will affect story depending on personality

Max's first fan:
-Will be a friend and inspirator to Max

Taxi Driver
1. Maximilian "Max" Rozen by ctcmjh
-Wise
-Will likely grant an epiphany to character or more at some point

Young Janitor:
1. Shadé Tree by DarkHeartsandSuch
-Will be overqualified for the job he/she is taking
-Someone who enjoys a simple life
-Interacts regularly with the main cast
-Personality will entail the level of importance the character will have (but will never be low)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the OC sheet. It's a little different from the original but has less required information. :P It's basically the same, in way, so the original can be used.

Do take note that...

...the auditioned OC needs to be submitted here with the filled out biography. This would require some copy-paste and additions to suit the rest of the requirements as it differentiates, somewhat, from the original OC threads. Although, the original format may be used as this is simply a modification with indications of different rules and some added requirements but the new required info must be indicated

...there is a about 20 cast slots in need of filling. Although, characters like Venison could increase the cast list by inspiring new roles to add to the story. It entirely depends on your character.

...there is no limit to how much information can be placed. The more we know about the character, the better.

...it's an audition, not a Pet friendly Neighborhood thread. You cannot control your characters like you would in Brookshire Meadows or Richardson Valley. No, your character will be placed among the story's cast and do what their biography would entail them to do.
They might cry, they might sing, but that's entirely up to you. If your character can do that, we can add that.

-------------

OC sheet:

Audtioning as... (optional)(please indicate in bold)

Example:
Auditiong as Peanut's old Academy Classmate

The OC needs to fill a certain role but it is up to you whether he/she is casted for a specific role (like Max's Drummer or The Restaurant Owner's Daughter) or you could opt for your character to join the cast in whatever we feel the character best suits to be as. But if you do so, we will notify you about your character's positioning in the story, and tell us if you agree.

You may opt for more than one part but one character may only gain one part. (obviously :P)

Do not indicate if you wish to simply audition and opt for the character to be used.

Name:

Example:
Name: Lucas Wright
Nickname: Kiddo (by father), Hun (by Ivy)
OR
Example:
Name: Venison

Any name can be used for the OC, as the terminology of "pet" no longer exists here. Allowing for more range.

:Simplicity in names: will cause for the "Prior to War" status as most domestics tend to keep their pet names. This MIGHT also grant some psychological changes. Not so far as crazy, but as far as having an indention in their heart as their master (or parents) have passed away. (But only if their parents were human)

:Last names: are not a requirement but much appreciated as it gives the character a more realisitic feel.

:Human names: is a concept for the story so it would be okay to use them. Some of the pets (former pets in the story) may use their master's names to feel more attached to the new world. After the The Great Fall, some pets began to adopt more human names for their offspring and/or themselves.

:Nicknames: is optional as well. This would indicate the character's titles granted by characters he/she has a connection with

Do note that Whatever their age may be would be modified. Since the setting is several years later where they are old enough to drive and have jobs and such, they would become older.

In a more simple aspect, most of the Main Cast is about 5 years old (Peanut and Grape) in Canon, but in the story, they are more of young adults. So the same will apply to the OCs (since I see that most of them are 5)

Species:

Example:
Species: Cat
Subspecies: Tabby
OR
Example:
Species: Lion

It really doesn't matter what species they are, really. Though the Marpe story is more limited in terms of species that would possibly be there, ranging from mice to wolfs, or from eagles to foxes.

The GrapeNut story, however, is available from Beavers to Elephants, or even from Comodo Dragons to actual Dragons! (Though Pete's companionship with another mythical creature isn't too focal)

Subspecies can be added but isn't required. But would add more depth.

History:(Optional)

The past may come back to haunt you, but that helps spice things up!

There is a past behind the characters. Something that entails as they are. A chain of events that then finally develop into the present character. It doesn't need to be too detailed but key parts of their past would be much appreciated.

However, strong attractions to any human may hinder their personality. As I have stated before, the human race is gone. Allowing them to make more choices for themselves. These very choices result into the present character.

Connections:(optional but much needed)

According to Buck, the OCs have connections to each other. If there are any, relations to any of the other OCs. (i.e. family, friends, idols, lovers, and whatever else there may be) must be stated less something out of character would occur, tossing the reality off.

This adds to the OC's realism as they become social as every living thing needs interaction with another. So as much as you can, find a connection.

Appearance:

Any single detail could help.

What the character appears to be is needed and heavily required. The fur, feather, or scale, pattern would be needed to be identified but if it's too complex, take into consideration that your character can wear clothes (but indicate if you do, do not want them to). So depending on how much is covered, the detail on the pattern can be reduced.

In Dayshaun, all the characters are wearing clothing to better suit them as the new "head of the earth". They become more like humans but this is prior to the events of Dayshaun so clothing is optional.

Personality:

Quite possibly the most important part of the audition. Every character is a person. And as a person, they all have hopes, dreams, emotions, aspirations, you name it. This is a crucial part as this is the core of any person, who they are. This would be the most in depth portion as the majority of the OC's actions will be based off this portion. If they cry or comfort, if they laugh or smirk. This is where it's most needed.

They aren't robots. Sure they're fictional, but in reality, people have a personality that is theirs. In order to use them, they need to be a person. Not something so generic and plain, but a person at heart. Flaws and all.

Speaking of flaws, I cannot stress this enough, no one is perfect. Ergo, character flaws should exist. Be it a tendency, like biting fingers when nervous, or something uncontrollable, like hyperventilating when annoyed too much, or even hereditary, like a disease passed down (Though it must be non-fatal if ever used).

Other Notes:(optional)
ArgentFlame wrote:Any other minor details you want to add about your character. Character Backgrounds are NOT required but if you want to bring up a few important details this is the place to put them. Also keep in mind that characters with a backstory can be easier to write for.
SPECIAL:(optional but could really help)
ArgentFlame wrote:Nerd time! S.P.E.C.I.A.L is a simple system I'd like people to use to define their characters abilities: How strong they are, how fast they are etc. Don't panic, it's very simple, the numbers are only here as 'guidelines' of sorts, we will never actually use REAL rules. All you need to do is take 42 points, and spread them between the seven attributes bellow. You must put at least 2 points in each one, and the most you can put in one is 10, with 5 being 'average'. You need not spend all 42 points if you don't want to, but most of the RP’ers would recommend spending all the points, unless there’s a backstory trait behind it.

Strength- Easy to explain. Your pure muscle power. How much you can lift, and how much force you can put out. This is useful anytime you're character needs to counteract any kind of physical force against him or her.

Perception- Your awareness of your surroundings. Your ability to sense what's going on around you, along with what's going on in the minds of others. For example, this is useful for spotting things your pet might need, or for sensing if someone is trying to lie to you, or how they might be feeling at the time.

Endurance- Your physical health. Your resistance, and stamina, and overall ability to keep on moving.

Charisma- Your characters ability to influence others. To get them to agree with you, listen to what you say, ability to pull something over on another character, and sometimes, your overall "stage presence."

Intelligence- Your 'book' smarts. Your technical knowledge, problem solving skills, and ability to pick up on new things.

Agility- How fast you are. You dexterity, coordination, acrobatics…etc.

Luck- How lucky your character is! Trust me, this is more useful then it sounds. It can basically be anything else that leaves your character in the right place at the right time, or helpful when your character takes a gamble. Adversely, bad luck leaves you in the worst spot at the worst time, and even the most perfect situation can go wrong for your character.
This system could assist with the character's personality or how he/she would interact with the sorroundings. It would be helpful if used.
Last edited by Dean on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:56 am, edited 15 times in total.
Teh Brawler

Re: OC Auditions (Soon..Maybe...It really depends on you guy

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm a little confused; how would this thing work when it came down to it? Is it like a Roleplaying thread, where people take a housepets character, or something else? That being said, I'm interested, but my plate is already full, so sorry.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I might be interested in this. When more information about it is given, then I'll auditions.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Yeah, I'll audition when more information is given.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Same as them; I'll audition too.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Dean

Post by Dean »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm a little confused; how would this thing work when it came down to it? Is it like a Roleplaying thread, where people take a housepets character, or something else? That being said, I'm interested, but my plate is already full, so sorry.
To clarfiy, it's a role playing thread for a fanfiction story. I'm sorry if that wasn't made clear everyone. You would not be able to control what happens to your OC that auditioned. What you would be doing is watching them interact with other characters in the story by uplifting them or being part of a chain of events boiling down to a crucial part of their lives.

For example, someone auditions and gets the part as King's Assistant as the Marpe story would also include King in his career as a professional doctor to child doctor. The OC would be written in and, depending on their personality, will either make things harder for him or make things a lot easier for him to take in.

In short, you would watch your auditioned OC's emotions blossom and develop around others, interacting with the main cast and possibly giving advice on how to better their love lives. (Since it's mainly a romance)

I hope this clears things up, Brawler. :)
The Game

Post by The Game »

I hope you already know I'm in Dean. But if you need clarification, I'm in.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Well, I guess I'll audition, I'm in.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I'll just be letting you all know that two of my characters are likely to be in. Venison, of course, and then an unreleased one that some of you might know of...

Just sayn'. There are a lot of character that could make interesting additions to Dean's story (and we know that he writes pretty darn well) so I don't see why more of you aren't jumping at this! XD
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Buckdida wrote:I'll just be letting you all know that two of my characters are likely to be in. Venison, of course, and then an unreleased one that some of you might know of...

Just sayn'. There are a lot of character that could make interesting additions to Dean's story (and we know that he writes pretty darn well) so I don't see why more of you aren't jumping at this! XD
I know what you're talking about, Hopefully the 'unreleased' one is in.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Auzzo wrote:
Buckdida wrote:I'll just be letting you all know that two of my characters are likely to be in. Venison, of course, and then an unreleased one that some of you might know of...

I know what you're talking about, Hopefully the 'unreleased' one is in.
Hehe...nope. This one's an RV character. He/She hasn't even had the character sheet released, though it's ready to be put up. The time just isn't right yet for me to introduce him/her...but if he/she gets in, you'll see something of him/her in the story. Yes, I AM keeping even the gender a secret! :P

Trinket and Ochen are the two other characters I have to offer up. They can go in the story as well, if Dean wants.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

I shall find out one way or another. >_>

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

I kinda like the idea, not sure if I'll audition a character, but I'd like to see how this goes.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Dean

Post by Dean »

Buckdida wrote:Trinket and Ochen are the two other characters I have to offer up. They can go in the story as well, if Dean wants.
Quite honestly, I need to fill the about 20 slots as soon as possible so submitting them as well would be much appreciated. :)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Dean wrote:
Buckdida wrote:Trinket and Ochen are the two other characters I have to offer up. They can go in the story as well, if Dean wants.
Quite honestly, I need to fill the about 20 slots as soon as possible so submitting them as well would be much appreciated. :)
Well then.

Trinket
Ochen
Lemme know what you think.
Dean

Post by Dean »

Buckdida wrote:
Dean wrote:
Well then.

Trinket
Ochen
Lemme know what you think.
It'll have to wait a while first. The auditioning hasn't officially started. :P I'll send another response when (or if) it starts. (But I'll likely request them either way)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

I'll put Shadé and Kytes (even though he's said one thing in BsM at the moment of this post...) up for audition, if thats okay...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Well, I have eight OC's... I would love to put all of them in the running, and that would be awesome. Max, Liz, Morrigan, Winch, Bianca, Duke, Ginger, andTobias.
Dean

Post by Dean »

HEY, OVER HERE!

As I've seen it, there seems to be enough to fill enough slots for now. Though, the amount willing to join at this point and time isn't enough to fill in entirety, (though it has only been one day :P). But at any rate, I think it would be safe to open the Auditioning and stop my brain from having to think up the entire cast myself. I feel dizzy @_@

The cast list and the OC sheet will be up tomorrow. Till then, I do hope more people become more willing to join in to take their place on the list. There is a desperate need for these OCs.

I hope to hear from more of you when I get back same time tomorrow. :)
Jack

Re: OC Auditions (soon to open)

Post by Jack »

haha! i would love to audition my character, but if i really want to be true to my character then by that time, Jack wouldn't be alive anymore. he was always sick, and after that war he would have died. what can i say? its a harsh existence! ^^
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Dean

Post by Dean »

Jack wrote:haha! i would love to audition my character, but if i really want to be true to my character then by that time, Jack wouldn't be alive anymore. he was always sick, and after that war he would have died. what can i say? its a harsh existence! ^^
If the character is a pet, then modern medicine would have fixed him up before hand. No characters that aren't supposed to would not die.

However, an ill OC being auditioned would be perfect for a certain role. ;) Just post his info when I have the cast list and the OC sheet updated and we'll put him in! :D (He would ensue more dramatic scenes, which would be perfect!)
Jack

Post by Jack »

well, i suppose that could work. ok then, now i just need to find my old character sheet. :/
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I still want in. Here's my character sheet: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 554#p36554
Jack

Re: OC Auditions now open! 20+ slots and all are welcome!

Post by Jack »

ok! so here is my characters improved sheet!

Name: Jack Alter

Species: Dog

History:
Jack spent most of his childhood in and out of hospitals do to his condition. he also never really learned how to connect his own feelings to other people. he barely ever complained.

Connections: i guess Jack knows some of the characters from Radiant Gardens.

-Appearance-
a black dog with pointy ears, long brown hair and brown eyes. some snow leopard fur on the side of the muzzle, a long line of snow leopard fur starting at the back of the neck and going all the way down to the tip of the tail and two lines of snow leopard fur starting from under the armpits and all the way down to the sides of the waist.

-Personality-
Jack is a very happy dog, an optimist. some might say that he has to be one, considering his "condition", but Jack says "im happy, because being sick is nothing to be sad about." Jack likes surprises, new people, making friends and pretty much most things in life. Jack is a very loyal friend who will always be there if needed. he can usually tell when someone is bothered by something and will try to help when he can. when he does help, he usually spreades a sense of security and understanding. Jack can sometimes get the strangest thoughts and then stare in to space thinking about them. he likes reading a lot, and one of his favorite places is the library.
Jack has a very closed personality, even though it doesn't seem that way. he can easily connect to other people's feelings and try to help them, but he never connected his own feelings to anyone else. whenever he had a personal problem he wouldn't ask for help or advice, he would solve it on his own. this gave him a very strong soul, but left him a bit distant from others. this trait of his is probably not noticeable to anyone, Jack never shows a sad expression, and unless he told someone (which is highly unlikely) none would probably ever notice anything wrong with him.

-Other Notes-
For some reason this dog has the sleeping pattern of a cat.
Jack is a very sick dog. he needs to take a special pill every hour to maintain his health.
Jack is very very strong! he can't take a hit too well because of his endurende, so he protects himself using his strength.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 10

Perception- 7

Endurance- 2

Charisma- 8

Intelligence- 6

Agility- 4

Luck- 5

i would like Jack to be auditioned for:

Young Janitor
Grapes Schoolmate
Peanut's old Classmate.
Last edited by Jack on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I guess I have to say which characters, then huh?

I want Wonder (link in my siggy) and Stephanie
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm just going to do all of my characters, and you can choose which ones you want. I've edited their biography's a little bit to conform with the setting.

Name: Maximilian "Max" Rozen

Species: Dog, Finnish Laphund

History: Before the war, his owners taught him First Aid. He has a keen interest in the world around him, and can often be found reading a book.

Connections: Max knows the other pets from Radiant Gardens. Before the war, Liz was his housemate and they think of each other as siblings.

-Appearance- Max has long, fluffy black fur all along his back and sides. He has a white chest, belly, arms and calves. His tail curves up and curls around itself. He tends to have an understanding look on his face, and he has a calming way about him. He still wears his collar, red collar with Red Cross tag, as a memento from his days as a pet. He tends to dress semi-formal, regardless of the occasion.

-Personality- Max is, and always has been a selfless dog. He does his best to help others whenever he can. He is a very laid-back and calm dog, and as a result, he rarely gets angry.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 6
Perception- 8
Endurance- 4
Charisma- 7
Intelligence- 7
Agility- 5
Luck- 5

I'm auditioning Max for:
Grape's Proffessor, Grape's Schoolmate, Taxi Driver.
----------

Name: Elizabeth "Liz" Rozen

Species: Cat, Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest

-History- Liz was born in Wales, and given to her old owners as a kitten. She grew up with Max, and he took care of her after the war.

Connections: Liz knows the other pets from Radiant Gardens. Before the war, Max was her housemate and they think of each other as siblings.

-Appearance-
Liz has very long, very well-groomed fur. Her back fur is mainly brown, with black stripes. Along her side, the tips of some of the hairs are tan. Her chest, muzzle and belly are white. Her face is randomly colored with large spots of tan, brown, and white. Her front paws are white from the wrist down, and her hind paws are white from the knees down. A little joke is that she has gloves and boots. Liz still wears her collar, it's green, and the charm is a rainbow peace sign. She wears the stereotypical "Hippy" clothing.

-Personality-
Liz is quite the character. She can act very silly, and is very often seen as being ditzy, over-happy, and dumb. Liz is a huge optimist, and is a huge environmentalist.

-Other Notes-
Liz is definitely a hippy. She's vegetarian, makes her own clothing, and prefers things to be all natural. Her high charisma is due to her likable personality and because she's a bit of a flirt.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 4
Perception- 4
Endurance- 6
Charisma- 7
Intelligence- 3
Agility- 10
Luck- 8

I'm auditioning Liz for: Max's bandmate: Bass, Peanut's Classmate
----------

Name: Morrigan

Connections: Morrigan has a close bond with Liz, and Morrigan thinks of Liz as a daughter and would do anything for her. Much to her dismay, the feeling is one-sided and Liz thinks of Morrigan as a weird but good friend. Morrigan became friends with Tarot, and visits often.

-History- Morrigan was born in the year 843. She died nine years later. She was awoken at Liz's birth and became somewhat of a guardian angel. She also helped Tarot with her 'magic', and was one of her spirits. After the war, she was miraculously reborn.

-Appearance-
She is a gray white short-hair cat with green eyes. She wears no collar or any charms. Because of her reclusive nature, she doesn't conform to fashion, so she normally wears robes.

-Personality-
Morrigan is a very conflicted cat. She enjoys helping others, but she still looks out for herself. She would rather watch than participate in any events. She became friends with Tarot and Liz shortly after the war, and it almost seemed like she knew those two forever. She is in and out of the hospital due to her condition.

-Other Notes- She is handicapped due to an illness she was born with, and reborn with. On a good day, she must use a cane to get around, but sometimes she has to use a wheelchair. Her disability hasn't changed her appearance, only her ability to move.

-SPECIAL-
S- 2
P- 10
E- 3
C- 8
I- 10
A- 3
L- 6

I'm auditioning Morrigan for:
Antagonist, Arrow's Assistant

----------

I'll do Bianca, Ginger, Winch, Duke, and Tobias later.
Last edited by ctcmjh on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

I don't know if you accept mice, but here goes

Auditioning as.... Arrow's Assistant; Grape's College Professor

Name: Endellion Burke
Nickname: Del

Age:53/7.5 human years (assuming 3 years ahead of normal time)

Species: Mouse

History: Lived with Her human 'father' and dog 'brother' before the war, where she spent most of her time designing and building various technological devices; Went somewhat insane during the war, part of which she spent using her intellect to design weapons. In the aftermath of the war she helped to establish a community in the nearby city. (hope that's good enough)

Connections: (you can of course make your own connections if you see a place for them)
Is at least an acquaintance with all Richardson Valley OCs
Venison: Friend
Ochen: Friend (If it's alright with you Buck)
(hm... those are the only two of the currently auditioned characters she knows, if I need anything else tell me)
(now for some of the other cast, any of these can be changed however you see fit))
Arrow: Colleague, (possible friend)
Grape: Acquaintance (possible teacher-student)

Appearance: Average sized mouse with gray fur and a large, darker gray spot that covers most of her back, wears a small labcoat, uses a small cane to assist with walking.

Personality: A very smart individual, Del is also generally friendly, though has become somewhat cranky as she aged. Has a good sense of humor, and tolerates joking as long as it does not happen while she is working. Remains slightly crazy after the war, often muttering plans to strange devices to herself. Sometimes has 'fits' where she relives moments from her past, during these it is difficult to get her to respond, though friends are able to snap her out of them. Currently works to make the world a better place to live for all animals.

Notes: Walks with a limp due to a lab accident; Is rather unlucky, and as a result prefers to let others actually perform experiments or construct devices she designs.

SPECIAL (slightly modified from original stats)
S:2
P:6
E:2
C:6
I:10
A:7
L:3

Hope that's good, if I need to change anything let me know.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Jack

Post by Jack »

you know, its very strange, but it saddens me to think of how lonely Jack can be. i mean, sure he can easily make friends, but he isn't much of a person who opens up to people... i didn't make another character, and so he doesn't have someone to always be there for him. oh god, i feel so sad for Jack. and i feel bad about leaving him to this fate. ... i think i need to change a few things about his profile again.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I didn't know so many slots were open. I guess I'll ask for Jacob to be auditioned too, if that's cool with you guys
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 618#p40618
Jack

Post by Jack »

Dr. Prower wrote:I didn't know so many slots were open. I guess I'll ask for Jacob to be auditioned too, if that's cool with you guys
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 618#p40618
don't you wanna say more about your character? just wondering.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

like what?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Dr. Prower wrote:like what?
um... i dunno... something? :o

you tell me! isn't there anything you would like to say about your character that you think would give us a better idea of who it is? doesn't he have anything any interesting habits or hobby's that you can add as a side note about the character?
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jack wrote:

you tell me! isn't there anything you would like to say about your character that you think would give us a better idea of who it is? doesn't he have anything any interesting habits or hobby's that you can add as a side note about the character?
He loves to play the guitar!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Jack wrote:

He loves to play the guitar!
AMAZING! well, alright then. ^^
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Shadé goes first.
Auditioning as.... Apartment Building Owner, Wherever may fit.

Name: Shadé Tree

Subspecies: American Shorthair

History: Lived in a Latin region of LA when he was younger, and only just recently came to Seattle. (History... my least favorite subject...)

Connections: A few of the RG pets, which I don't see auditioning...
Seth - Protective of, Friend
Lucky, Bella, anyone else he talked to in RG - friend

Appearance: Shadé has black fur on most of his body, with the exception of the area from his chin down to his stomach, which is grey. The tips of his tail, ears, nose, fingers and toes, however, are a bright orange.

Personality: Normally happy and jumping around, Shadé has a carefree spirt. However, despite his name, Shadé is scared of the dark and prefers to be in the sunshine. Quick to make friends, he often does something stupid to lose them, only to get them back five minutes later.

Notes: -He can speak semi-fluent Spanish
-Has a slight Spanish accent

SPECIAL
Strength - 7
Perception - 5
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 8
Intelligence - 4
Agility - 6
Luck - 7

And now Kytes.
Auditioning as.... Janitor, Wherever may fit.

Name: Kytes Stripes

Subspecies: Tabby

History: He had found an abandoned bank a few years ago, and took everything inside as his own, giving him upwards $10 million.

Connections: None so far...

Appearance: Kytes has brown fur riddled with black stripes. All four of his paws are white. For some unknown reason, his left ear is slightly smaller than his right. He also has bright blue eyes.

Personality: Kytes, oddly enough, likes to fly kites. Or, to be more specific, he likes to crash kites. He's also asphyxiated with flight. Kytes has always been and always will be the destructive one of any group. He has many dangerous ideas, but rarely plays them out. Whenever he does play out an idea, Kytes always makes sure to have someone nearby to take the blame.

Notes: Doesn't need the money from the janitor job, he just has it to not be bored.

SPECIAL
Strength - 5
Perception - 4
Endurance - 7
Charisma - 7
Intelligence - 8
Agility - 6
Luck - 5

Oh, and I'll do the "Special Audition" if that's okay.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Jack

Post by Jack »

yay! i got a special part! :D
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As you requested, here are my other pets: Bianca, Ginger, Winch, Duke, and Tobias. I don't know what roles you're looking for, so please assign them any role you see fit.

-Name- Bianca Hunter
-Species- Cat
-Age- 5 (17.5 in cat years)
-History- Bianca was originally owned by a kind old man. The man later died and his abusive son became Bianca's owner. He would hit her and yell at her, and that is the stem of her shyness and Xenophobia. The ASPCA later rescued her and she was in the shelter with Ginger for a year. Ginger and Bianca were both adopted on the same day by neighbors. They stayed great friends. Bianca's owner was also Winch's owner, and Winch helped to bring her out of her shell.
Connections: Bianca is very good friends with Ginger and Winch.
-Appearance-
Bianca’s fur is completely white. Her fur is shorter than a longhair, and longer than a shorthair. She keeps very good care of her fur. Her eyes are a deep azure. She wears dresses all the time, and they're usually white, black, or blue. She took the tag off of her old collar and put it on a silver necklace. Her old collar was a white rose.
-Personality-
Bianca tends to not say that much, and when she does, it tends to be in praise of others. She almost always has a smile on her face, but sometimes it's a facade. She is easy to become friends with, that is if you can get her to come out of her shell. She has a passion for music and was a virtuoso at the violin. She is very good with children and seems to turn into a different, more outgoing, more happy cat around children.
-Other Notes-
Bianca is very kindhearted and tries to see the good in everyone. She still cries at night because she saw her owner, Mr. Hunter, die right in front of her. He was to first human besides the old man to be nice to her. She also wishes that she knew the name of her first owner, the old man. If she sees that someone is about to hit her, then she has flashbacks to when she was in the abusive home of her second owner.
-SPECIAL-
Strength- 4
Perception- 7
Endurance- 4
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 8
Agility- 7
Luck- 8

----------

-Name- Ginger Alexander
-Species- Cat
-Age- 6
-History- When she was younger, she was an alley-cat. She was later put in the pound, and there she became great friends with Bianca. She was adopted by a Miss Alexander, and became housemates with Duke.
Connections: Ginger is great friends with Bianca, and treats Duke like a brother.
-Appearance-
Ginger's fur is orange, and her eyes are a bright green. She wears jeans and t-shirts, and doesn't mind getting them dirty.
-Personality-
Ginger is a very motherly cat. She is very protective of her friends, and loves to take care of them. But she's motherly in the other sense as well, meaning that she'll kick some serious tail if you threaten or harm her friends. She means well though. She is also a very simple cat that would be happy if all she had in life was her friends, nap-time and wide-open space.
-Other Notes-
Ginger loves the outdoors and spends as much time as she can hiking, camping, riding dirtbikes, or any other high-activity sport.
-SPECIAL-
Strength- 7
Perception- 6
Endurance- 7
Charisma- 5
Intelligence- 6
Agility- 7
Luck- 4

----------

-Name- Winchester "Winch" Hunter
-Species- Ferret
-Age- 4
-History- Winch lead a normal life, for a ferret, before the war. After the war, he helped rebuild and restore a lot of machinery.
Connections: Winch is like a brother to Bianca.
-Appearance-
Winch is a sable ferret with brown on his arms, legs, neck, feet, tail, head, and a ‘mask’ around his eyes. He has a whitish-cream color on his back, belly, and face. His nose is reddish-pink, and his eyes are dark-green. He wears a cowboy duster in honor of his owner, who used to wear the same thing. He also wears steampunk styled goggles, as he is always tinkering with things. He often has grease, dirt, oil or singed fur on him because of all the tinkering he does.
-Personality-
Winch is a nosey little ferret and loves to stick his head everywhere he can. He's always curious and loves to take things apart and put them back together in new ways, either making it more efficient or more awesome (He once turned his owner's toaster into a flamethrower.) He loves to learn, but hates reading and believes you can only learn through experience.
-Other Notes-
After the damage from the war, and after seeing his owner die right in front of him, he searched their old house and found his namesake in perfect condition, his owner's prized authentic Winchester Model 1873 in perfect condition. He has it on display in his house next to a picture of Bianca, their owner and himself, as well as his owner's cowboy hat.
-SPECIAL-
Strength- 3
Perception- 5
Endurance- 3
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 7
Agility- 9
Luck- 5

----------

-Name- Duke Alexander
-Species- Dog, German Shepherd
-Age- 5
-History- Before the war, Duke was a farm-dog and shepherded a flock of sheep.
-Appearance-
Duke has black back fur, black along the top of his tail, and around his muzzle, as well as random parts on his head. He has yellowish fur on the rest of his body. His eyes are brown. He wears collared shirt, and jeans, as well as boots.
-Personality-
At heart, Duke is a friendly dog, though that might not always shine through. He takes the law very seriously and looked up to police dogs since he was a puppy. He enjoys playing around, and sometimes he forgets about his strength and accidentally hurts another pet. When he is just relaxing or hanging out with others, he jokes a lot and is pretty happy.
-Other Notes-
He knows a lot about farming and ranching.
-SPECIAL-
Strength- 10
Perception- 7
Endurance- 8
Charisma- 3
Intelligence- 3
Agility- 7
Luck- 4

----------

-Name- Tobias Grant
-Species- Cat, Bombay
-Age- 6
-History- Tobias was raised by an elderly gentleman by the name of Alistair Thaddeus Grant. Tobias lead a normal boring life, and he spiced it up with his pranks.
Connections: Tobias has mob connections, and is most likely the dealer that the others get their anise/catnip from.
-Appearance-
Tobias is a shorthaired cat with jet black fur. His eyes are different colors: his right eye is green and his left eye is orange. He wears a black trench coat and a black trilby hat.
-Personality-
Tobias has never been one to conform to society's rules. He started out pulling pranks and selling catnip, then after the war he started to do actual crime; most notably computer hacking, racketeering, massive catnip/anise/feretone dealing, and theft. He's a good guy and fun to be around, but he's a tad eccentric and a little paranoid.
-Other Notes-
Tobias's old owner was a curiosity store owner, and before the war, he moved all of his wares to the basement where they were safe. As such, Tobias has a massive collection of the most random things one could ever find.
-SPECIAL-
Strength- 4
Perception-7
Endurance-4
Charisma- 7
Intelligence-5
Agility- 7
Luck- 8
Last edited by ctcmjh on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dean

Re: OC Auditions now open! 10+ slots and all are welcome!

Post by Dean »

I'm sorry everyone. For now, I don't think I'll be able to come back to the Housepets community...

I feel terrible. Like an emotional nuke struck me and it's after effects still stir my insides. I can't really explain it too well. It's so mixed. But basically something in me just doesn't make sense anymore!

I'm not so sure how things are going to end. Whether I come back in one piece or just as messed as I am now. I don't know what will happen next, honestly.

I don't know when I'll be back. I don't know how I'll be able to figure these things out.

But I will come back. Just... likely not too soon...

I'm really sorry everyone.

~Dean

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not thinking straight. I don't want to alarm anyone. I'm just basically bidding of what could possibly be a long good-bye.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Dean wrote:I'm sorry everyone. For now, I don't think I'll be able to come back to the Housepets community...

I feel terrible. Like an emotional nuke struck me and it's after effects still stir my insides. I can't really explain it too well. It's so mixed. But basically something in me just doesn't make sense anymore!

I'm not so sure how things are going to end. Whether I come back in one piece or just as messed as I am now. I don't know what will happen next, honestly.

I don't know when I'll be back. I don't know how I'll be able to figure these things out.

But I will come back. Just... likely not too soon...

I'm really sorry everyone.

~Dean

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not thinking straight. I don't want to alarm anyone. I'm just basically bidding of what could possibly be a long good-bye.
I know you won't see this for a long time, but I really hope that everything works out for you. You will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.
Zander

Post by Zander »

I would like to join, but a few questions first

1. im guessing you can enter already made oc sheets?
2. what is the setting. (Im still reading the first post so i may find out soon)
3. i dont get it. :3

edit: Is the setting deans fanfiction? if so, i get it.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson