2013/08/12 - Dragon It In

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2013/08/12 - Dragon It In

Post by Dissension »

[ Dragon It In ]

Title Text: for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Peanut really needs to pay attention better.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IceKitsune

Re: 2013/08/12 - Dragon It In

Post by IceKitsune »

Well this is not going to end well. Someone is going to end up angry at the end of this and I kind of wonder if this kind of choice might be Peanuts breaking point.
Johnnaman
Location: In your backyard tree...looking at you right now...

Post by Johnnaman »

:shock: Well...This is akward...*whispers* Go for Dragon! You might get superpowers peanut! Also SHES A DRAGON.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm... unsure which ship I want to support. :/

I mean, I've gotten used to Peanut and Tarot, but Dragnut might be interesting to see develop... but I'd alreedy gotten used to the idea of Dragon being sad and I don't want to have to get used to the idea of Tarot being sad...

Why, Rick? Why? ;_;
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Also calling it now Max and Grape show up before he makes the choice and at least Grape will give her opinion on it.
Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

When did she get there and why isn't the a group of panicking mortals gawking in awe at her?
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

so much drama in this comic
ImageImage
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sheogorath wrote:When did she get there and why isn't the a group of panicking mortals gawking in awe at her?
she was the "mortals" just like everyone kinda noticed in the past few strips
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Who's it going to be peanut :?:
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

plot twist: he chooses Grape and the way Max has been acting is enough to drive her into Peanut's arms
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

well, this certainly explains a lot! I'm interested to see what happens next, although it seems to me like the easiest choice would be Tarot. Peanut has only had a few brief experiences with Dragon, I think he'd be more comfortable with Tarot.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh dang. :/

FANS, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO VOTE! WHO SHOULD PEANUT DUMP? *smacked*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:plot twist: he chooses Grape and the way Max has been acting is enough to drive her into Peanut's arms
And then Tarax happens.
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Wait, so is everyone in this universe populated by the dragon? If that is the case, Max getting the boot (twice) was completely unnecessary. (Or necessary, maybe the dragon didn't like that Peanut dragged grape and Max along...)
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Viath wrote:Peanut has only had a few brief experiences with Dragon...
There's a rather large assumption here which isn't really supported by the comic.
Arbitrary wrote:Wait, so is everyone in this universe populated by the dragon? If that is the case, Max getting the boot (twice) was completely unnecessary. (Or necessary, maybe the dragon didn't like that Peanut dragged grape and Max along...)
No, Dragon was shadowing Peanut and Tarot.

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I have a hunch this is deliberately being invoked on Peanut by both Tarot and Dragon as a form of fulfilling a prophecy, but then again ~ does Dragon really want Peanut for herself?

The way this comic is turning out to look like a similar scenario is going to happen to Grape and Max.

I almost thought for a minute there that Dragon all this time was the one throwing boots at Max.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Dissension wrote:No, Dragon was shadowing Peanut and Tarot.
Sure. But with a heckuva lot of separate entities.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Viath wrote:well, this certainly explains a lot! I'm interested to see what happens next, although it seems to me like the easiest choice would be Tarot. Peanut has only had a few brief experiences with Dragon, I think he'd be more comfortable with Tarot.
the previous strip seems to imply Peanut has spent just as much time with Dragon as he has with Tarot (or at least a much closer amount than we've seen) making the decision more difficult
Arbitrary wrote:Wait, so is everyone in this universe populated by the dragon? If that is the case, Max getting the boot (twice) was completely unnecessary. (Or necessary, maybe the dragon didn't like that Peanut dragged grape and Max along...)
Grape dragged Max along, and convinced Tarot to let her do it. Peanut had nothing to do with the decision
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:plot twist: he chooses Grape and the way Max has been acting is enough to drive her into Peanut's arms
:lol: I think we can stop joking with us Grapenut shippers at this point :P. I mean baring some huge change I really doubt its possible; but I guess this arc could be it if Grape and Max do show up and get involved in this, maybe. However, more realistically I could see him being unable to choose either and breaking it off with both to have some time to think at least.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Arbitrary wrote:
Dissension wrote:No, Dragon was shadowing Peanut and Tarot.
Sure. But with a heckuva lot of separate entities.
She appeared as three people.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:I could see him being unable to choose either and breaking it off with both to have some time to think at least.
I don't think so, cause that would reopen Peanut as a possible Dream Sunderer for Pete unless A) he finds someone else or B) he becomes Dragon's follower (which would be kinda awkward to be a follower of your ex, whose avatar is your ex)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Ok, for the past strips and panals you can see the 3 people in the background watching them. Try to look at the past panal when peanut and tarot go to the movies and peanut yells and the old lady says: Shhh! She is there in this Panal as a part of the dragon and the 2 other people are as well. Just trying to get this arguement solved.
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

Dragnut, WILL IT BLEND!? *Boot*
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

So without knowing, he was spending time with both of them at the same time. I kinda feel bad for dragon though as she got the short end of the stick during the date (and even possible past dates as peanut assumed he was spending time with Tarot).
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Azsassin wrote:Ok, for the past strips and panals you can see the 3 people in the background watching them. Try to look at the past panal when peanut and tarot go to the movies and peanut yells and the old lady says: Shhh! She is there in this Panal as a part of the dragon and the 2 other people are as well. Just trying to get this arguement solved.
those 2 other people are the guy who served them spaghetti and the person Peanut was dancing against
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I could see him being unable to choose either and breaking it off with both to have some time to think at least.
I don't think so, cause that would reopen Peanut as a possible Dream Sunderer for Pete unless A) he finds someone else or B) he becomes Dragon's follower (which would be kinda awkward to be a follower of your ex, whose avatar is your ex)
Pete has put far to much time into King for that to matter at this point, I mean if it was that easy to get a dream Dream Sunderer back why not just break up Max and Grape or Sabrina and Fido? Also King doesn't lose power just because he got happy and married Bailey so I doubt they would get back their powers when taking a break to think about a relationship.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I don't think Peanut has it in him to reject either of them right there on the spot (based on his personality), so he's probably going to go to Grape for advise.
ImageImageImageImage
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Tarot wrote:She´s been here the whole time

Ooookay ... thats not creepy ... at all (And by saying that I mean it´s creepy).

Also, tough choice there ... #TeamTarot or #TeamDragon
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

What a look of hopeful imploring on Dragons' face...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Should there really be a choice? I think this choice, whoever he chooses, will play into Pete's plan, you know, the pets relationships are getting human like, progressing the Equaloty of man and animalkind, wich is Pete's way of politics. And this choice is pretty much human stuff... seen it a gajillion times XD

But I also want Grape to be with Peanut... my heart broke seeing him cry when Grape chose to date Max... I want to heal thaz scar allowing only one option of healing: seeing grape kiss peanut.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Xane wrote:
Viath wrote:well, this certainly explains a lot! I'm interested to see what happens next, although it seems to me like the easiest choice would be Tarot. Peanut has only had a few brief experiences with Dragon, I think he'd be more comfortable with Tarot.
I figured there's just been a lot of off-screen interaction with Dragon, especially considering the reaction Friday which wouldn't quite jibe with the only one we've seen, from We're Snowed In. Still feel a bit "left in the dark" by it though.

This is just making me like Tarot and Dragon even less than before, since they let it go on this long and are now forcing a choice on him while he's still surprised by it.
It's actually not so much as Tarot's fault as it is Dragons, cuz if you where in Tarot's position would you really just directly tell somone that can take control of your will "HEY! STOP FLIRTING WITH MY BOYFRIEND!" ? Tarot was probably just trying to find the best way to solve this problem, but Dragon should have told Peanut how this works the first time they met.
ImageImageImageImage
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

I have a really weird feeling that something like this is going to happen but not this soon. O_O

Choose Dragon! She has powers! :twisted:
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I never thought I'd be saying this NOW, after the King chapter but... **** is getting REAL.
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

Stepping away from all this relationship drama for a second, I'd like to say that I really like Dragon's design in that last panel.
No particular reason why, I just like the way she's drawn...

Carry on...
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Would it be fair to say that their relationship has just been complicated? It really was Peanut's ignorance that kept it simple until now.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Kouri wrote:Stepping away from all this relationship drama for a second, I'd like to say that I really like Dragon's design in that last panel.

Carry on...
Unsurprisingly, Rick has REALLY been massively stepping up his game in the past year or so. Going back in the archives, you'll see that EVERYONE has gotten some kind of redesign and polish. Tarot and Dragon just haven't appeared for awhile, so it's most noticeable with them.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Expanding a bit on my idea of Grape and Max showing up, Grape could go ahead and start to give her opinion on what Peanut should do and Tarot would step in saying something along the lines of "As I told you a while ago, you already made your choice, now he has to make his. Stay out of this."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kouri wrote:Stepping away from all this relationship drama for a second, I'd like to say that I really like Dragon's design in that last panel.

Carry on...
I liked how she rubs her hands, anxiously awaiting for Peanut's answer.
Ryusuta wrote:Unsurprisingly, Rick has REALLY been massively stepping up his game in the past year or so. Going back in the archives, you'll see that EVERYONE has gotten some kind of redesign and polish. Tarot and Dragon just haven't appeared for awhile, so it's most noticeable with them.
Not just art, though, but in the romantic arcs. X3
IceKitsune wrote:Expanding a bit on my idea of Grape and Max showing up, Grape could go ahead and start to give her opinion on what Peanut should do and Tarot would step in saying something along the lines of "As I told you a while ago, you already made your choice, now he has to make his. Stay out of this."
Actually, I think a more likely scenario would be Max trying to stop Grape from interfering. His reason would be the more ironic echo of "He's a big boy now." to Tarot's "Big girl now". However, if Grape ignored Max, then your scenario would likely show up.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Expanding a bit on my idea of Grape and Max showing up, Grape could go ahead and start to give her opinion on what Peanut should do and Tarot would step in saying something along the lines of "As I told you a while ago, you already made your choice, now he has to make his. Stay out of this."
Actually, I think a more likely scenario would be Max trying to stop Grape from interfering. His reason would be the more ironic echo of "He's a big boy now." to Tarot's "Big girl now". However, if Grape ignored Max, then your scenario would likely show up.
I agree, I could see Max trying this actually but there is a very little chance Grape would listen to him. I could also see Max somehow showing that he knows Dragon and Grape then begins to question him on how he knows whats going on. Maybe bringing back that throw away line he said when they came to this dimension "First the ear and now my thumbs" or something close to that.

Man if that happens (which is actually pretty likely at this point) it could lead to a massive argument between everyone there.
Orthus

Post by Orthus »

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing how Dragnut could develop, it'd be fun. Though I really doubt Dragon will be chosen.