I just read through the entire archives!

Discuss the comic here
Wanderer

Re: I just read through the entire archives!

Post by Wanderer »

I read the whole archive in 4 hours including breaks.
It was so good that I just had to read it all in one day.
I read the whole archive 3 times already. It was definetely the best webcomic I read. I enjoyed everything about it.
Jesse James

Post by Jesse James »

I've read through the archives twice.

To be fair though, I only started reading the comic in October. :3
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I've have so far read through the entire achieves 4 times, equal most amongst the webcomics I have read past and present. Considering I'm a relatively new reader, it shows that it has more appeal to me then mainly of the others I read or have read.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well duh. Housepets! is awesome.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I found Housepets! late in the summer while surfing Deviant-art and decided to give it a shot. It's one of the best decisions I have ever made, and after I finished the first arc I was hooked! So far I have made a few of my friends read it, as well as buy both books! Cant wait for the next comic tomorrow!
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sylvan

Post by Sylvan »

Yes, I read the archive, and this thread. Excellent, smart, funny, and deep. I cant say how much I enjoy Housepets! Also, first post, I hope to post more.
Fulgens

Post by Fulgens »

I just finished the archives a few days ago. It took me two days and another day without sleep! Speed-reading doesn't appeal to me. I like to take in and ponder over the feeling of the images and the comic. I suspect I lack some IQ which makes me slow at this.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Fulgens wrote:I just finished the archives a few days ago. It took me two days and another day without sleep! Speed-reading doesn't appeal to me. I like to take in and ponder over the feeling of the images and the comic. I suspect I lack some IQ which makes me slow at this.
we'll just be optomistic and call you a thorough reader.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That doesn't make you dumb, it just makes you have a different method of reading than some people.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Actually, Fulgens, taking longer periods of time to mull over information tends to be a trait common amongst those with higher than average IQs, believe it or not. It's a subconscious desire to understand the information as thoroughly as possible before moving on to a new set of data.

Personally, I have the opposite problem. Not so much with comics; but it really shows when I read books and articles and things of that nature. I speed right through in no time at all, but then I realize that I hardly remember any of the important things that happened, and I have to go through and read it a second or third time to actually get some of the less obvious bits that most of my friends seem to pick up on the first read-through.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
ShelbyAQD

Post by ShelbyAQD »

Wow, I don't see how any of y'all managed to get through the Archives in such short amounts of time! I first found this series sometime last week (Romancing the Spot was the current strip), and I only managed to get through it all yesterday. Of course I've got dial-up, so...

Anyways, I just wanna say that this is my favorite comic ever! No doubt about it. I hope Rick can keep it going for a long time to come. :D
matraklirahn

Post by matraklirahn »

A friend introduced me to a random comic strip in a timeline somewhere (in the mists of time) and I decided, what the heck, start from the beginning!

About...2 days later I reached the present time and can honestly say, that's some good wholesom fun y'all!

Very enjoyable, lots of likeable (and some not so much) characters and an intersting progression of art styles and techniques. Well written (at least from my point of view, but im no critic :D) and a good dose of feel-good in there :D

Perhaps this should carry a warning of 'please have a bucket nearby so that others can scoop you into it when you melt from adorableness' but I think I reasimilated myself without TOO much of the carpet fluff :D

Defenitely one that i'll be keeping up with :D
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

i read the whole archives in a few minutes when i first found the comic

you know, since it was less than 100 strips long at the time
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ebly: Liking things before they were cool.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

now that's implying that housepets wasn't cool back then!

you lie, housepets was always cool
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Housepets wasn't cool because Res wasn't around to be shipped with Grape. OTP!

Kawaii desu.

And stuff.

*smacked*
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

hmm, this is indeed a decent consideration

res certainly is cool
Zuna

Hello, My Name is Zuna... And i'm a Housepetsaholic

Post by Zuna »

Nah but seriously ^^ My mate showed me a random strip 2 days ago.. by the end of the next day.. i was already waiting for todays comic D:

Ofcourse this happens alot when i find a REALLY good web comic.. And well.. this si the best by far <3
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Took about 2 to 3 days for me to get through the entire archives, started reading online but around half way through found a link to download most of the strips so started over from there. Think i might go through it again this weekend.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I read the entire archive sometime before the "It's A Wonderful Dog's Life" arc (when I joined the forum). I loved it, and it became my favorite web comic from that point on.

[Offtopic]The only other web comics where I read the entire archives were The Furry Experience, Dandy and Company, and another that was Christian-themed, but many comics have passed since then and I have yet to catch up.[/off]
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

It takes a true fan to spend an entire day watching cute funny animal characters do random stuff!

Hats off to you!
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I found this webcomic in July 2010 through Sinder's signature in the now non-existent VG cats forums. It looked cool so I went and read the whole archive. A few days later I joined the forum.

And that's the story of how I was active for 5 or so months and lurked ever since.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

I just got called over to a computer and forced to read without knowing I'd love it, your story sounds more exciting!

And that's my story 'bout how even though I lost my computer to the evil that is parents I continue to post and annoy!
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
kolaid99

Housepets

Post by kolaid99 »

Found this site like..... either wendsday or tuesday. But, ive been litterally reading from the first comic, 10 - 20 pages a day. Except yesterday...... i was wayyyyy busy. And I must say..... why isn't this a book yet? I mean really. I know there's books and everything, but, I would read this more if it was in a book form just saying. Like this reminds me of calvin and hobbs. This is one of the best comics ever. It's up there with Garfield, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbs, and Pearls Before Swine. Peanuts the best though. Favorite part was when they was role playing, and they was pretending about Pridelands. And Peanut was on a cross and they was like "How do you pled?" Peanut said "Awesome as charged" ..... that was great on so many scales. All I'm saying is, I love Housepets. That is all...
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: Housepets

Post by Foxstar »

Uh.. what are you asking? There are two Housepets books out already.
kolaid99

Post by kolaid99 »

Have the comics posted on here. i know there's books here, and I plan on buying them. but they're different comics from the ones on the site are they? or the same?
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

they are the first and second years, if i'm correct
Last edited by BSAman on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, the books are the same, except the second one has the finale of All the King's Men. and both have a couple extra drawings.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MythicalRedFox

Post by MythicalRedFox »

I read through them all when I found out. I did so because I found them interesting, checked out the first few, found them funny and entertaining, and kept reading!

I don't know of any comics are pieces of text or stuff where I've done that before, but I do it with YouTube series. I found Kootra and Nova's original Minecraft series and I watched them from the beginning. Although, I feel like I've read through something in a similar manner as that, but I can't remember.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

I just read the entire thing last night.
I got a picture someone linked me, I saw the URL and typed it in... it was sometime around 3-4am.
Then, suddenly it was 6:30 and I had gotten to the last page. I have no regrets!
I just want the King-Fox conflict to come out into the open already, it's driving me NUTS!

I tried to do that with another one... but it was like nine years of comics so it took me two or three sittings.

EDIT: I guess its late again!
Castro2man

Post by Castro2man »

I recently found this webcomic(2 days ago in fact), i rarely ever read comics(much less webcomics)

but this one got me hooked,i found myself throughly enjoying it, and now i am dying to see the next strip.

King is by far, my favorite character. I am kinda sad that i won't be able to read "All The King's Men Part 2", since i am probably not going to buy the books.

P.S i read the webcomic in more than a single state of consciousness
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You should buy the books! Just for that!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Welcome to the fourms and glad you like the comic.
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

I first found out about Housepets! a few years ago while browsing DA. I randomly saw this awesome image, but didn't remember to check it out until this March. Just a tad delayed. It took me a couple weeks to get through the whole archives, only because I took my sweet time to make sure I enjoyed it! Housepets! is by far the best comic I've seen.
Now I'm in the process of reading through some of those really good fan-fics by Sinder, Two_Twig and Valerio.

Mr. Griffin, you are superb!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

DanTwelve3 wrote:Now I'm in the process of reading through some of those really good fan-fics by Sinder, Two_Twig and Valerio.
Good luck with those.

It took me a few months to read all of Valerio's. (It was worth it though.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
fantasticmrKabz

Post by fantasticmrKabz »

DanTwelve3 wrote:I first found out about Housepets! a few years ago while browsing DA. I randomly saw this awesome image, but didn't remember to check it out until this March. Just a tad delayed. It took me a couple weeks to get through the whole archives, only because I took my sweet time to make sure I enjoyed it! Housepets! is by far the best comic I've seen.
Now I'm in the process of reading through some of those really good fan-fics by Sinder, Two_Twig and Valerio.

Mr. Griffin, you are superb!
They're entertaining right? not my favorite web comic but good nonetheless
I read it on my kindle from beginning to September of this year. It looks beautiful on e-ink. I didnt know Rick did these in color until October.
JamesWolf

Post by JamesWolf »

alright so i just found housepets sometime tuesday night, right at the point when max got hit with a shoe off the fence ( thats 2013/8/7 for anyone reading this in the far far future). i didnt have time that night so i put it off till wednesday when i had the day off. i started around 3ish and finished at midnight. my eyeballs hurt after that. and today (thursday) ive joined the forums, gone back and re-read some of the more interesting/confusing arcs, and become a total fan in just a few short hours.

Mr. Griffin, i applaud you in such brilliant writing. keep up the excellent work.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

took me a cuople days to read every single comic :lol:
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I just had a dream where I was reading it and went "huh, that was good" and started reading from the start. Ever since then I have followed up every single comic.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Ahhh, the delightful Archive Binge. Housepets was the first webcomic I ever gave that treatment to, actually, and, in fact, is pretty much the reason I'm as big into webcomics as I am now.

I discovered it through TV Tropes in the middle of May 2011, when Not All Dogs was starting to reach its climax. Wasn't too familiar with the webcomic medium, but I thought the concept to HP sounded fun and unique. So I dove into the archive. I think my binge took around...I dunno...six hours, maybe? I read it over the course of three days, anyway. I had a freaking blast. I came in expecting something fun and quirky, and got so much more. In a way, it showed me just what a webcomic could be, and led me down a path to such other wonderful curiosities as Lackadaisy, Gunnerkrigg Court, Cucumber Quest...and...AXE COP. In fact, I think Axe Cop and Cucumber Quest are the only other WCs I've ever really binged, but they've not been around for as long and were easier to go through quickly. I remember that I tried to binge Homestuck, once, though...ech...too much work. Good stuff, of course, but you know...

That said, I ended up reading through HP's archive two more times just for fun, once last summer and once this April. It was great.

i love this comic

i really really do
*cough*