D&D 3.5 campaign: Adventures in Kallyria

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rubin

Re: D&D 3.5 campaign: Adventures in Kallyria

Post by Rubin »

"Names Kat." She said shortly, taking the assigned spot. With a short bow, she added, "Rouge Extraordinaire!"
~Rubin
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

(You know, I said he turned toward JARRED...But, whatever.)

"Jarred, you can be behind her. Anyway, let's move out." Then, he began walking out of the bar. Hopefully, noone else knew of what Lorin had told him to do. If anyone DID know...Well, who knew what would happen?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@Party- As you leave the bar, various patrons move out of your way to let you pass. Ailen hands a boy five silver pieces. The boy picks up a stone and throws it at a guard. All five guards in the area chase him, but the boy looks to be safely ahead of them. Ailen looks back at you, "He's a fast kid, he'll be fine. Let's leave while the guards are distracted." He said as you all continued.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred looked back at the guards chasing the boy. "I'm surprised he's able to outrun them."
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"Eh, he's a kid. Kids can be quick and not caught whenever there's a need for them for them to. Now, come on, let's get going." Then, he started heading for the south.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"So what's the likelihood we'll be encountering something dangerous today?" Jarred asked the group. "I'm ready for a battle when it comes."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"Well, it's only a few hours away. Anyway, there are probably quite a bit of things that we'll end up fighting. Bandits, wolves, who knows what else?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"They shouldn't be much of a match for a team like us!" Jarred exclaimed, holding his mace high up in the air.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"You know, you're going to draw attention to us...Anyway, we don't really know whether or not it's actually going to be easy for us."
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred slowly lowered his mace. "Right...but I still think we can handle it."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@Party- You have been walking for about an hour, and are well away from the city. You've been walking through a forest for at least a half-hour. As you continue walking, you see a small group of four men ahead of you. All four men appear to be human, and are wearing the uniform of Kallyrian Soldiers. They see you and begin to approach. They look neither friendly nor hostile, but seem wary of you.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

As soon as he caught sight of the soldiers, he sighed and began to talk quietly. "Oh, great...Well, we have two options. Bluff...Or kill. Jarred, you got any spells that can distract them or something?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"I think I might have something," Jarred said. He picked up a nearby branch and cast a Light spell on it. He threw it over into a tree near the guards. "All right, everyone get down. I hope this works."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The guards notice you cast light on the branch and throw it near them. One of the guards whispers something to the other and the guard he was whispering to shrugs. They continue to walk towards you. They stop ten feet from you and one of them steps another foot forward and looks at Kuraius, "You there, state your names and business. And tell us why you cast a spell on that stick and threw it."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius muttered something abit and sighed. "Ok, new plan. I intimidate them, they live. I fail to intimidate them, they DIE..." Then, he looked right at the guard who stepped forward and said, "The human in the very back is Ailen, the girl is Kat, the OTHER human is Jarred, the Dwarf is Rodic, and, I'm Kuraius, son of Rolus, the one who slew the terrorizer dragon...You hear that? I'm HIS son. Now, you have two options. Walk away and tell absoloutely NOONE about us...Or, you can die by our hands. Your choice..."

(Going to make Intimidate check.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The guard that questioned you looked surprised when you said you were the son of Rolus. He turned back to his men, "Well boys, you heard him. We saw nothing." The chief guard said as he continued to walk down the path towards the city. The men mumbled a little amongst themselves before hastily catching up to their boss.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Sorry about that," Jarred apologized. "I thought the light might distract them or blind them so we could get by. All it did was make us look suspicious."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"It doesn't matter. They're gone now, so, let's get going. Anyone else we face probably won't be as easy as they are to handle with words..."
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"All right," Jarred replied as the party began to make their way forward again.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Kat was silently amused by the parties antics. "You now, if you want me to do something, you just need ask!" She followed the group.
~Rubin
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Ailen smiled at the party's antics as well. Rodic merely watches on with a stoic, emotionless stare. As the group of guards continues onward, they keep walking until they're out of sight. Ailen waves his hand forward, "Come, we're nearly to the outpost. Maybe another hour." He says as you all follow.
-
After walking for a little another hour, you see a small tower up ahead. There are two guards in front and two guards at the top of the tour. You can hear them very well, as there are many noises coming from the tower. The noises sound like men talking loudly and you can make out the sound of growling. You are well hidden from the tower, and they seem somewhat distracted.
Last edited by ctcmjh on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Okay, since I'm obviously no good with plans, does anyone have any ideas on what to do?" Jarred asked the group.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius stopped. "Ok, here's the plan. Jarred and I will use ranged attacks to take out the guys on the top of the tower. Rodic, Kat, you go for the ones on the bottom. Ailen, stay with Rodic and Kat to help them, alright?" Then, suddenly, he would pull out his bow. Fitting one arrow in his bow, he took aim, and, fired at one of the men ontop of the tower.

(Will make an attack roll.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As you launched the arrow, it seemed to have gone wayward. The arrow flew towards the guards and lodged itself into the tower. The guards saw the arrow coming and one of the guards on top blew a horn. The horn got the attention of the other guards and the guard that blew the horn yelled something at the two at the bottom. They nodded and began to walk towards you. They still could not see you, and looked very cautious as they approached. The two guards on top of the tower had short-bows ready.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred pulled out his Light Crossbow, loaded it with an arrow, and fired the arrow at the guard on the left that was coming towards the group.

(going to do an attack roll)
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius groaned. "Ahhh, Crudzic...Hurry up, you three, we haven't got all day!" Then, he would fit in another arrow, and, once again let an arrow soar through the air toward one of the guards on the top of the tower.

(I'm allowed to do this, right? Anyway, attack roll.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Both of your arrows fly past the guards. The guards look to where the arrows were shot from and see you. The two guards that are on foot unsheath their swords and head into battle to you.
((roll for Initiative, to see the battle order.))
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Kat cut off from the group, going as far as she could off the path to the right, in the general direction of the guards. (I'm not sure what number that is yet.) taking out her Crossbow, She fired an arrow at the closest guard.

(attack roll)
~Rubin
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

You hit the guard in the shoulder with your crossbow bolt, dealing 6points of damage. Rodic runs up to the one you just attacked and slashes at him with his axe. He cuts the man into two pieces along the waist.

(He rolled a natural 20, and confirmed it with an 18. He deals 14 points of damage.)