Naturally, still hanging out at that fence. =3
Attachments
cats.png
cats.png (31.84 KiB) Viewed 8276 times
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dissension

Re: So what happened to these guys?

Post by Dissension »

Ya know, there's really not a compelling reason to start a thread asking what happened to every character we run across. If they haven't been featured again, it's because they weren't necessary to the plot. Housepets! has a large cast and there's no way each character can be featured in every arc. Some people are even upset when one of the focus characters is out for a single arc. You're welcome to imagine whatever adventures you wish them to have off screen and, perhaps, write some fan fiction or draw a piece of fan art.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Housepets! has like a million characters. They can't all be in the spotlight!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sleet wrote:Housepets! has like a million characters. They can't all be in the spotlight!

Which is why having to many characters in a story can get a bit overwhelming. Tracking so many characters can be difficult. As Dissension said, make a bit of fan art. Perhaps you may start something, you never know =).
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Well you could include all the characters, but it would have to be a blizzard and painfully long arc to do it.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Morris

Post by Morris »

You guys are all missing the point. Yes, I could write a fanfic about them (though I'm not exactly inclined to that sort of thing), but all that aside, I asked the question because they were introduced fairly soon into the comic, and then totally disappeared. I understand that not all characters can be included in the story, however, I figured it to be quite an obvious choice. I mean, stray animals, maybe?

Thanks, though.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's possible that they were just gag characters that were not entirely meant to become full characters.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Morris wrote:...

You guys are all missing the point. Yes, I could write a fanfic about them (though I'm not exactly inclined to that sort of thing), but all that aside, I asked the question because they were introduced fairly soon into the comic, and then totally disappeared. I understand that not all characters can be included in the story, however, I figured it to be quite an obvious choice. I mean, stray animals, maybe?

Thanks, though.
I don't believe any point was missed. Even early on, minor characters can be minor characters.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Dissension wrote:
Morris wrote:...

Thanks, though.
I don't believe any point was missed. Even early on, minor characters can be minor characters.

You have your main protagonist(s) and your main antagonist(s) in any given story. You also have supporting characters and roles. Some supporting characters are used through out the story, while some are left behind. It's how it works. You can't follow everyone one you meet in a story. On top of that, this was more towards the beginning of this very lengthy comic. Some ideas were used while some weren't. That's the beauty of being a writer.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Tatsuo wrote:You have your main protagonist(s) and your main antagonist(s)
There are antagonists in housepets and I didn't knew it? :?

And just because they appeared in the beggining of the comic it doesn't mean they should be main characters and viceversa. If you analyze carefully you'll see that a lot of characters were left aside throught the whole comic, some of them much more recently (like Karo, Colleen, Thomas, Celia, Terrance, some of the ferrets, etc). Some characters were losing protagonism (such as Peanut and Bino); others appeared in the middle of the comic and became main characters immediately (like King and Tarot). Even now, you can see some characters who didn't had any transcendence and just in a snap they were placed in the spotlight (an example of this would be Bailey and the wolf pack).
The thing is that this comic is a bit random, and you can never tell who will be the main characters of the next arc because that's how its storyline evolves.
ImageImage
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

If Rick ever decides to name them they can be Rosen-cats and Gil-purr-stein. :)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Gren wrote:There are antagonists in housepets and I didn't knew it? :?
Well how would you define our big friend, Pete the Gryphon. Right now he's going after King, but that can always change.

Gren wrote:The thing is that this comic is a bit random, and you can never tell who will be the main characters of the next arc because that's how its storyline evolves.

Exactly. You could compare this to something like superman, batman, or spiderman. Each episode is different from the last. How will our hero(s) overcome evil this time? New characters are introduced, while others defeated. Much like Housepets, each arc is a new plot of drama and laughter. What will happen to our favorite characters this time? What mayhem will ensue? I'd hate to be the one to say this, but as with every single comic out there, no matter how long it may seem, there is an ending written. Which means, through out each arc we are given, the plot thickens as a whole as we come closer to our destination. Which comes to my point, even some of our most favored characters may be left behind before that faithful day, the end, comes.

But there is also good news, new characters can made and new relationships can happen.
Last edited by Tatsuo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Tatsuo wrote:Exactly. You could compare this to something like superman, batman, or spiderman...
Yeah but the thing is that their main characters are immovable. The story will continue but always will be centered in the same character. In housepets you'd never know who will be the lucky one to protagonize the next arc.
ImageImage
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Gren wrote:
Tatsuo wrote:Exactly. You could compare this to something like superman, batman, or spiderman...
Yeah but the thing is that their main characters are immovable. The story will continue but always will be centered in the same character. In housepets you'd never know who will be the lucky one to protagonize the next arc.

Which is awesome I'll add. Always changing it up.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Tatsuo wrote:Which is awesome I'll add. Always changing it up.
Yeah, but that's also a double-edged sword. It's amusing to see the adventures of every character but the fans have their preferences and surely will want to see their favorites more often.
Tatsuo wrote:Well how would you define our big friend, Pete the Gryphon. Right now he's going after King, but that can always change.
I wouldn't define him that way, especially because he wants to ally with King. Besides you can also invert the roles and say Pete is the protagonist and King the antagonist (after all, he wasn't such a good person at first. Even now I wouldn't define him as a role model.)
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I like Journal comics myself, and I think of this comic kind of like a roving reality show around an entire neighborhood. Do I have to make sense? No, not at all... Do I have to explain that? Absolutely not, though I probably should. In fact, I think I will stop here and let my incoherence explain everything.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Morris

Post by Morris »

Still missing the point. But you guys like missing the point, so I won't hold it against you.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Morris wrote:Still missing the point. But you guys like missing the point, so I won't hold it against you.
Then maybe you should be more specific about your point, because you only said "I was looking forward to seeing them later in the comic" and I think everything was explained clearly enough.
Just because you like them doesn't mean they have to be main characters. I mean, there's a lot of characters who were left aside that I would like to see again (and often), but that decision depends on the author.
ImageImage
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Take notes folks, this is how you make huge freaking mountains out of molehills. Mountains that no being could ever scale and live to see the top, their peaks are vast and reach highs unknown to us mortals. I tell you what, this post is something really, really special.