Trivial Things That You're Proud Of

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Trivial Things That You're Proud Of

Post by Beagle »

I'm proud of the fact that I can keep time to music with my left foot and maintain my car's speed with my right foot.

I'm proud of the fact that I liked Nutella before it was cool. *hipster glasses*
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:I'm proud of the fact that I can keep time to music with my left foot and maintain my car's speed with my right foot.
I play the entire drum set with my hands and feet in my car, also using the left foot for bass. Getting good exercise with my left foot should help me learn to play metal better. *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:
Beagle wrote:I'm proud of the fact that I can keep time to music with my left foot and maintain my car's speed with my right foot.
I play the entire drum set with my hands and feet in my car, also using the left foot for bass. Getting good exercise with my left foot should help me learn to play metal better. *giggles*
You should have seen our drum major. He and I would be driving to McDonald's, and he'd suddenly yell for me to take the wheel as he performed an air guitar solo while playing all the other air instruments at the same time. Good times, man, good times.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I found a 1.8 billion year-old chunk of metamorphosed banded iron formation in a mid-Michigan farmer's field. There's so much iron in it that a magnet sticks to it. It's super neat, with its stripes of nearly pure iron ore and it's layers of chert that are folded onto each other. The shape of this rock looks like a cow heart including the artery on top. Thus, I've nicknamed it "heart of stone".
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I want to see pictures. Did it oxidize at all?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

About five - 6 inches across, weighing in at about eight pounds. One dense rock!
The iron is held in a matrix of either hematite (FE3O4) or Magnetite (FE2O3) interspersed with layers of silia-rich chert.
Because the iron is already bonded with oxygen, it doesn't rust. The rock will however turn reddish if you handle it, especially on the cherty layers so I suppose that there are some unbound iron molecules floating about. This heart of stone has been heated and faulted, cracked, and pressed together then heated some more. It's been metamorphosed sometime in the ancient past while the north american continent was being stitched together out of separate microcontinents. I have an even prettier bit of BIF, with a totally different story of violence in it's past: Something came along and tore it up while still soft: Maybe even the tsunami caused by the Sudbury meteorite.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Duster

Post by Duster »

tychoaussie wrote:I found a 1.8 billion year-old chunk of metamorphosed banded iron formation in a mid-Michigan farmer's field. There's so much iron in it that a magnet sticks to it. It's super neat, with its stripes of nearly pure iron ore and it's layers of chert that are folded onto each other. The shape of this rock looks like a cow heart including the artery on top. Thus, I've nicknamed it "heart of stone".
Maybe it's a frozen ball of airplane waste like from the movie Joe Dirt!?

I am proud of a fossilized sand dollar that i found on a rock in the creek bed close to my house.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I got $300 worth of Steam games for $85. $36 of that $85 was Skyrim: Legendary Edition. I got 15 games and tons of DLCs, yeeeeeeeeeeah!

I'll post my list in the video game thread. X3
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

I'm proud that I can beat all of my friends at Dance Central 3

X3 Just found this out like last week. Fun fun game.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Trivial things I'm proud about?
Why, me, of course!

Also I can pretend to be sitting on a chair in the air while resting one of my legs on my lap, stay in the cold of winter without more than a sweater, and can understand two languages. (Though the last one is not so trivial.)
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I'm proud of the fact that I got the highscore on Robotron: 2084 :3
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is just silly, but I'm proud to have at least gotten Rick to do a spit take ~ even though clearly I should be paying attention.

I'm also proud to have an 30 minute hourglass at home.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm a proud owner of a small foldable chabudai with a Zabuton and a straw mat to go with it.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm proud that I can beat my friends in a 3 person free-for-all in SSBB, but I can't beat them 1v1.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

I'm proud that I finished Dark Souls. Although seeing some of the insane challenge runs people have done (no healing, no armor, level 1 runs etc.) makes me feel a bit less proud. I can still rub it in my brother's face though!
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

SkyeCaptain wrote:I'm proud that I finished Dark Souls. Although seeing some of the insane challenge runs people have done (no healing, no armor, level 1 runs etc.) makes me feel a bit less proud. I can still rub it in my brother's face though!

That game was a pain in the butt. When I beat it the first time, I went right out and got rid of it. To stressful for my liking.
Go Skyrim cough cough.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

Tatsuo wrote:
SkyeCaptain wrote:I'm proud that I finished Dark Souls. Although seeing some of the insane challenge runs people have done (no healing, no armor, level 1 runs etc.) makes me feel a bit less proud. I can still rub it in my brother's face though!

That game was a pain in the butt. When I beat it the first time, I went right out and got rid of it. To stressful for my liking.
Go Skyrim cough cough.
Yeah I can see that. There are a lot of things I like about Dark Souls but it's too frustrating and punishing to really lose yourself in like Skyrim.

Another thing I'm proud of is that I drank 9 cups of tea in one day. I'm Irish, I'm allowed to.
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Nature must have called a lot that day :lol:
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm proud I placed in a Competitive REL Magic tournament for the first time tonight. :3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am proud that I can get good deals when I go shopping. Really good deals.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

I am proud at consistently getting really cheap airline tickets (local and international).
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have drank 100 coffees straight. Sadly I did not reach a stage of enlightenment, but ran around screaming for a few hours.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Is 100 an exaggeration? I think you're gonna get some form of intoxication from that many cups of coffee. XD
El Psy Congroo
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm pretty sure it is. Otherwise that would literally be fatal.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, it depends. Different people have different threshold levels of caffeine tolerance. My mum drunk 3 big jugs of coffee each day in her 20's, but I can't drink more than 1 mug of black joe at one time before I get antsy and irritated.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet has a biomedical engineering degree and better understanding of toxicology than anyone else without equivalent education or experience. There is a threshhold at which caffeine, or any substance, becomes fatal. Lethal coffee dose, for an average adult, is approximately 80 cups (about 150mg/kg body mass).

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Dissension wrote:Sleet has a biomedical engineering degree and better understanding of toxicology than anyone else without equivalent education or experience. There is a threshhold at which caffeine, or any substance, becomes fatal. Lethal coffee dose, for an average adult, is approximately 80 cups (about 150mg/kg body mass).

Assassins Creed already taught me this. Medicine can heal, to much can kill.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Dissension wrote:Sleet has a biomedical engineering degree and better understanding of toxicology than anyone else without equivalent education or experience. There is a threshhold at which caffeine, or any substance, becomes fatal. Lethal coffee dose, for an average adult, is approximately 80 cups (about 150mg/kg body mass).
Well, I can only quote from experience and some basic knowledge that I have around me. That's a lot of trouble just to get yourself fatally intoxicated by coffee xD

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

"Intoxication" probably isn't the word for it. Unless it's Irish coffee. :P

Then again it'd take a lot less of that to kill you.
GeckoZY

Post by GeckoZY »

Wouldn't it actually be more of water intoxication rather than caffeine?
El Psy Congroo
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You'd die from caffeine before you died from water I think.
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

You may find this handy dandy calculator useful for determining the quantity of caffeinated beverages it would take to terminate an individual.

If anything, those cups of coffee were decaffeinated. There also exists the possibility of complete universal slowdown as demonstrated by Fry in Futurama.
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I am proud I trimmed the bushes.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I can find whatever I'm looking for on my desk - even though the contents occasionally topple over.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I have a complete chess set composed of the Asterix comic strip characters (32 different plastoy figures). Picked it up in Strasbourg long ago.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That after nearly a decade of being a jobless loser I finally have a job.
IsraeliDisneyFan

Post by IsraeliDisneyFan »

I'm proud of myself for learning Japanese all by myself
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

I have the first issue of not only Archie's Sonic The Hedgehog (#0 of the Limited Series, and also #1 of the Regular Series), as well as Furrlough #1.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am able to memorize a ton of family trees from soap operas which can get nearly-incestuous but not quite. I like being able to point out that so and so is somebody's first cousin and half-sister. :mrgreen:
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:05 pm I am able to memorize a ton of family trees from soap operas which can get nearly-incestuous but not quite. I like being able to point out that so and so is somebody's first cousin and half-sister. :mrgreen:
Useless fact: On "The Andy Griffith Show", Andy Taylor and Barney Fife are actually cousins. That's most likely the only reason Barney became deputy.