Side-character Appreciation Thread!

Discuss the comic here
ctcmjh

Side-character Appreciation Thread!

Post by ctcmjh »

We all know Peanut, Grape, Bino, Fido, Fox, King, and the other main characters, but what about those characters that have had very little screen-time? You know: Deathaxe, Space-Laser, the other cub, Sabrina, Rex, Pap, Keys, Fiddler, Daisy, Spo, the K-9 unit, Miles, Lucretia, Mr. Bigglesworth(s), The Milton Ferrets, Joey's friends, Fox's cousin, the pet's owners, the barnyard cats, and Rufus!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Re: Side-character Appreciation Thread!

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Hmm, you raise a good point! I've been interested in Rex and his odd personality! It's hard to get better then him for that! I wonder why he hangs out with Bino to be honest. I understand Fox's friendship (can't describe it but understand it) but I don't see why Rex likes Bino so much. I think I made up 2 reasons in head...
1. Rex likes Bino just to get in nice leagues with Fido.
2. Rex thinks of Bino as a little brother. Silly, gets Hurt often and likes to play pranks for a laugh. Adorable traits :D
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

My two favourite side characters are Kevin (K-9 Unit) and Mr. Bigglesworth, all of them.
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Oh, I really want to see more of Fiddler, Keys, Sabrina and Miles, those are my favorite Side-Characters. :P

@Aaron: I think Rex might not really consider Bino's actions. Like that time where King yelled.
Anthroguy101

I want to see more of Joey and Rex

Post by Anthroguy101 »

...especially Joey
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

DAISY
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

I think that every side character should have an arc about himself. I believe Rick said that Sabrina will have her arc soon, and that would be really awesome :). She's my favorite side character... and Mr. Bigglesworth. They're all awesome.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

My favorites of the side characters are Sabrina,Fiddler,Keys, and Miles. (would you consider Marvin,Tiger and Zach side characters or have they had to much screen time? Because if they are they are definitely my favorites right after Sabrina.) And I can't wait for the Sabrina arc!
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Would Tarot be considered a side character, or is she around too much?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

yoyodude wrote:Would Tarot be considered a side character, or is she around too much?
She may not be around as much as the other characters, but she nearly starred in two arcs, and is dating one of the two main characters of the comic.
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Easily the Ferrets, and possibly Spo. Although Spo's awesomeness is mostly in how he interacts with Fido.
devils

Post by devils »

RUFUS!!!
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

BARN CATS!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Those barn cats man. They know how to play. In sloooow motion...
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

I just figured out someone who wasn't mentioned, the Raccoons or the other woodland critters.

Also Typhon, why isn't Cecil in your Avi?
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

CoffeeJunkie wrote:I just figured out someone who wasn't mentioned, the Raccoons or the other woodland critters.

Also Typhon, why isn't Cecil in your Avi?
He is. He's the yellow dude with the black stripes on the side of his face.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Yay Daisy, barnyard cats, Miles, Lucretia, Spo and Milton Freerts!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Mukavich

Post by Mukavich »

I wanna see more Spo! He's practically my favorite character! Though Deathaxe and Space Laser are pretty fun, too.
Spork
Location: Austria's coolest city, Vienna. No big deal. Whatever.

Post by Spork »

If Daisy had any other line besides "Hi! I'm Daisy," that would cause a hole in the Space-Time continuum
Why? Wynaut!
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Spork wrote:If Daisy had any other line besides "Hi! I'm Daisy," that would cause a hole in the Space-Time continuum
What if the line was 'Hi! I'm not Daisy"?
RG; Seb & Dahlia
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Vadiant wrote:What if the line was 'Hi! I'm not Daisy"?
Dear god NO!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

haha, very witty Vadiant! Also, your avatar suits your comment almost perfectly!
Spork

Post by Spork »

Vadiant wrote:What if the line was 'Hi! I'm not Daisy"?

Well, the most obvious answer would be Daisy would have a different name.
Why? Wynaut!
The Game

Post by The Game »

Vadiant wrote:
What if the line was 'Hi! I'm not Daisy"?
the universe would explode.
duh.
Spork

Post by Spork »

The Game wrote: the universe would explode.
duh.
Or that could happen...
Why? Wynaut!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING

Sasha. Okay, so she's got two ears, right? And one of the ears, one of the ears is limp, and the other isn't. To be exact, her left ear is limp, and her right ear is erect. This seemed quite arbitrary before, possibly symbolizing that she was crazy, or that she was different or to enforce she was kinda weird and spacey. Or maybe it was just a silly character design thing that had nothing to do with anything.

It does represent something! Yes, you heard me! Or, rather, at least I think it does.

You see, the left brain handles things like logic, technical stuff, figuring out your gas mileage... whereas the right brain handles creativity! While she's a bit spacey, she's more than proven that she's a natural prodigy for stuff like music.

That's right, I think Sasha's ear situation represents her brain situation as well! Her left brain...doesn't work all that well, but her right brain is active, attentive, and more than working!

If that character design thing was a metaphor, I cracked it first, ya hear me?! *goes insane* YOU HEAR ME?!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Buckdida wrote:I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING

Sasha. Okay, so she's got two ears, right? And one of the ears, one of the ears is limp, and the other isn't. To be exact, her left ear is limp, and her right ear is erect. This seemed quite arbitrary before, possibly symbolizing that she was crazy, or that she was different or to enforce she was kinda weird and spacey. Or maybe it was just a silly character design thing that had nothing to do with anything.

It does represent something! Yes, you heard me! Or, rather, at least I think it does.

You see, the left brain handles things like logic, technical stuff, figuring out your gas mileage... whereas the right brain handles creativity! While she's a bit spacey, she's more than proven that she's a natural prodigy for stuff like music.

That's right, I think Sasha's ear situation represents her brain situation as well! Her left brain...doesn't work all that well, but her right brain is active, attentive, and more than working!

If that character design thing was a metaphor, I cracked it first, ya hear me?! *goes insane* YOU HEAR ME?!
But the left half of the brain controls the RIGHT side of the body, and the right half of the brain controls the LEFT side of the body.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

ChewyChewy wrote:But the left half of the brain controls the RIGHT side of the body, and the right half of the brain controls the LEFT side of the body.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:

But the left half of the brain controls the RIGHT side of the body, and the right half of the brain controls the LEFT side of the body.
Oh! You just got owned!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sinder wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:But the left half of the brain controls the RIGHT side of the body, and the right half of the brain controls the LEFT side of the body.
It's true. Look it up.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Metaphors NEVER need to make perfect sense!

I substitute my reality for your own!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Buckdida wrote:Metaphors NEVER need to make perfect sense!

How about this? Sasha's from Looking-Glass World, where everything's backwards. :P
PF chars

--Phoenix

yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

I think it's a good explanation that doesn't need to be 100% accurate to work.

edit: Also, her brain doesn't have to be controlling her ears for them to symbolize her brain, right? It's not like she is purposely putting one down
Alex

Post by Alex »

Man, I pointed out a million times in the past that one of her ears is always erect, and the other always folded. I just found it cute :).

However, Chewy is right, but then again, the ears and eyes are an exception. The right eye and ear are controller by the right half of the brain, and the left ones are controlled by the left side of the brain. However, that just goes for the senses - vision and hearing. The muscles of each of organ are still controlled by the opposite brain halves - right by left and vice-versa. Sorry Buck, you're still wrong.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

yoyodude wrote:I think it's a good explanation that doesn't need to be 100% accurate to work.

edit: Also, her brain doesn't have to be controlling her ears for them to symbolize her brain, right? It's not like she is purposely putting one down
I think this works very well actually(if it's true). It doesn't have to be all technical and realistic. It's symbolic.
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Actually, I think the left side controls right and visa versa thing fits the theory very well;
Sasha. Okay, so she's got two ears, right? And one of the ears, one of the ears is limp, and the other isn't. To be exact, her left ear is limp, and her right ear is erect.
[...]
I'd say the active side of the brain would keep it's respective ear erect, sort of at attention if you like XD
Point being, if the left side (Creativity) is working overtime, I imagine that may keep the right ear up (As opposed to the idea that, if I understand it correctly, it's too busy concentrating on creativeness to keep up the ear).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the theory is true. I've got a prejudice in fact against reading deeply into trivial points, but I do think the theory has a strong basis. It makes sense to me at least (Yes, even with the left side of the brain controlling the right side of the body)
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Buckdida wrote:Metaphors NEVER need to make perfect sense!

How about this? Sasha's from Looking-Glass World, where everything's backwards. :P
Hm... Well, personally, I'm more of a believer that Sasha is a Frankenstein's monster-like creation, and that her brain was just inserted backwards, thus linking the brain up to opposite sides of her body. ... That, or she's secretly a partially-malfunctioning robot, the limp ear is a damaged processing unit that normally would feed her logic and factual data, and nobody's noticed the 'Made in Taiwan' stamp on the back of her head, yet.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

and the 'insert change here' slot under her ear-fold.

Im not to good with appreciation...
HELLO THERE
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

ChewyChewy wrote:

Well that doesn't make any logical sense. So if i pinch righhhht here...
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Seems like a lot of subtlety if it's true.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey