Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Neko »

Sam waved to Zeke, "Bye Zeke!" She quickly followed Cale and the others as they left the mall and returned to the van. Cale opened the side door letting everyone in while Mrs.Patterson put the bed sheets in the back. Once everyone was inside and buckled up Mrs.Patterson started the drive back to their home. Cale turned to Rocky, "So you got a bed?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Neko wrote:Sam waved to Zeke, "Bye Zeke!" She quickly followed Cale and the others as they left the mall and returned to the van. Cale opened the side door letting everyone in while Mrs.Patterson put the bed sheets in the back. Once everyone was inside and buckled up Mrs.Patterson started the drive back to their home. Cale turned to Rocky, "So you got a bed?"
"Yep, and im so excited too. i cant wait to get it." Rocky almost bounced up and down in his seat. Large grin on his face that easily uncovered his sharp teeth.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Here, let me help you there." Rikki picked Kyra up on his shoulders: she wasn't that heavy for him, being a strong animal with experience and a low center of gravity. "Can you see it now?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke almost laughter as he saw Riki lift the girl. it was defiantly an amusing sight. "You- you ought to be able to see from there!"
Last edited by Rubin on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra was surprised that she could be lifted, and was worried about balance, but concentrated anyway. "Uh... yeah! It's over on the other end, I think-- no, here's the 'You are Here'... Go left, and the sign has a collar on it. Or so this shows." She didn't mean to take a while, but it was hard to find it.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"I'm glad your so happy, I'm sure you'll like a bed then sleeping on the floor," Cale smiled.

Sam leaned forward from the back row, "You sleep on the floor? No wonder your excited about a bed."

"Yea, it's a long story. But it doesn't matter now."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Alright, so we know where it is then?" Rikki asked "Alright, then it's time to have some fun!"
Rikki snickered as he leaned back, causing the tower of him and Kyra to tilt. He ran backwards into his lean, and soon, he was leaning forward. He began to giggle as he played this game, Kyra on top the whole time.

"Wheee!"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra couldn't speak or make any use of her vocal cords for the moment, she was too scared, except for the first second she realized the movement, which was like a scream or yelp. When she noticed she'd be okay, most likely, she relaxed, and had a small, near invisible smile on her face. Usually her definition of fun hadn't been away from 200 or so pieces of paper, and even then, wasn't really something to say, "fun".
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki went around in a few different directions like that when he felt like Kyra was actually enjoying it, rather than tensing up. "Let's go!" he announced, and began to zigzag his way to the collar-repair store, holding Kyra firmly and securely to his back.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Flake stayed quiet in the back seat.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke smiled and Quickly followed behind. He couldn't see how she wasn't terrified. "Lead the way. Ill try not to get lost."
~Rubin
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra didn't even notice her smile was showing, nearly a grin. When she did, she didn't try to hide it, it wasn't harming anyone. Surprised nobody has their Armageddon protection, she jokingly thought.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki saw the sign as they rounded the corner. He reached up and put his paws under Kyra's shoulders, setting her down, gently yet firmly. Then he put his arms around her from behind and gave her a hug, rubbing (half-tickling) her belly.
"Hah! I knew you were capable of smiling!" He laughed and let go, turning to Zeke, "So, is this the place where Matt took your collar?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"I dunno. Maybe the clerk could tell us." He Smiled at Kyra Smiling and walked up to the counter. "Hey, did a man named Matt erm.... Holiday drop off a collar here?"
~Rubin
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra ended up grinning, anyway, despite her attempts. It gradually faded off afterwards, although she couldn't remember the last time she smiled, and likely thought she was incapable of it, too. She looked around, seeing if her parents found her yet. That was a negative. She shrugged it off, though. Eventually, they'd make it back home, right? She had friends here, she was fine.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: He began to whimper, "I'm sorry, I- I was just looking for food, and I heard some noise, and I ran into that cat-thing, and he had a collar, and then- and then you came out- and I tried to get away, and- and-" he began to ramble "and Rikki and Jack said that if I ever got into trouble with a human or an animal with a human's collar that-" he whimpered even more now "That I'd be in trouble, and that someone might come and kill me, and they might kill my new family." He got a little louder, and began to go back into a panic, getting teary-eyed "Oh please don't kill my family! Please don't kill them! I love Ceasar, he's so nice and Please don't kill them!"
"Don't worry Joy, he's harmless." Shep whispered to her as she went behind him. He slowly approached this wolf and bent down to his level. "I'm really sorry for scaring ya. Look, my name is Shep and this here is Joy. I won't kill you please do not worry too much. Let me help you for now. Shep said, extending his hand towards Anubis, smiling.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The clerk looked down at Zeke. "Hmm? Oh, hey, I remember you. Lemme see..." he began fiddling with a computer terminal behind the counter. "Yeah, it's right here. Is Matt here to pick it up?" he looked around.
Rikki pushed a chair over to the counter and jumped up on it. "Hi. I'm assuming you need someone to pay? Matt had to run, so that's gonna be me. How much?" he began to pull out a weatherproof wallet from an internal flap in his collar, showing difficulty from inexperience.
"Uhh... I'm not sure we can allow pets to do that... Do you even have enough money? It's a two-hundred dollar bill..." the younger looking clerk said, unsure.
"Look" siad Rikki, grabbing his tag with his free paw "This is a Federal Issue collar and ID. Would I be wearing this if you couldn't trust me with something as simple as a collar? I think this should cover it." he flipped through his wallet, pulling out 4 $50 bills, zipping it shut again. "That good enough for ya?"
The store clerk stared down, a little confused. There was a full $200. It was obviously an official service animal. Who was he to question? "Ok then!" He said, reaching behind the counter and pulling out a box. He pulled a collar out, wrapped in plastic, and handed it to Rikki. He hit a few buttons on the terminal, still glancing at the strange animal, and printed a receipt, handing it to Rikki, a little wary of his finger being bitten off or something. "Ok then, have a uh.. nice day..."
"Thank you!" Rikki said, smiling, bearing his teeth in a manner which looked more like he was about to go crazy and kill someone. He jumped down, not noticing the worry he had put on the clerk. "Here's the collar Zeke! Let's go!"

================ Meanwhile ================
Anubis looked at the outstretched paw, still shaking and crying a small amount. He was still really scared of what these pets could do, he felt really helpless, as helpless as he had when his old home had been paved over to expand a city called "Yorkshire something or other"... he timidly sniffed at the paw, "You promise you won't have anyone hurt?" he asked, sniffling.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke wasn't sure what had just happened, but he greedily took the collar, popped the spare one off, and tried to wrap around his neck. after a few tries, he asked, "Hey, a little help with this, please?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki laughed a little. He took the collar from Zeke and expertly strapped it on him, noticing the electronics of it. 'Oh, hey, another Walkie-Talkie, this one's built in...' he thought, no idea what it really was, or why it had two metal prongs sticking out of it... "There you go!" he said, adjusting it "Ah! Not done yet, one last thing!" he took the tags off of the old collar and put them onto the new one. "There you go, Good as new!"

They left the store.

"So, I see you've got a walkie-talkie there too. You ever use it?" he asked, still oblivious as to its true function.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: ================ Meanwhile ================
Anubis looked at the outstretched paw, still shaking and crying a small amount. He was still really scared of what these pets could do, he felt really helpless, as helpless as he had when his old home had been paved over to expand a city called "Yorkshire something or other"... he timidly sniffed at the paw, "You promise you won't have anyone hurt?" he asked, sniffling.
"Now now why would I do that? See?" Shep said, rubbing the fur on his head. "I have no reason to harm you whatsoever. Trust me, everything is gonna be fine." Shep said, picking up Anubis in his arms.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Anubis finally started to believe him, and suddenly gave him a big, strong hug "Oh thankyou thankyou! I'm so sorry I scared you!" he was still a little excited from being scared so bad.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Walkie- Oh! no, this isn't one of those, its some sort of shock collar. It keeps me in the yard. although I do hate it! that's the one thing about this that I wish this collar didn't have. On the plus side, It has this cool D10!" He was still lazily following Riki.
~Rubin
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Oh that's no problem really" Shep said as this little wolf embraced him. "But still something worries me. You mentioned your previous home got paved over right? Do you need anywhere to stay my friend?" Shep asked, wondering if he should talk Dad into keeping a pet wolf.

Prolly not.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

thrasherblades wrote:"Oh that's no problem really" Shep said as this little wolf embraced him. "But still something worries me. You mentioned your previous home got paved over right? Do you need anywhere to stay my friend?" Shep asked, wondering if he should talk Dad into keeping a pet wolf.
(( Um.... No... he never said that... He thought about it. You don't know anyhting other than that he's a local wolf, and he's afraid of hurting humans and animals with collars, because Jack and Rikki said to be. ))
(( Also, he was relocated into Caesar's pack, so he has a home. He's a wild animal though. ))
(( And he's not THAT little, just scrawny, so he's not much bigger than a big dog like Shep. Think of Fido's size, that's him. ))

================ Meanwhile ================
Rikki stopped cold, his fur standing on end in shock. "Are you telling me..." he stopped, turning around and grabbing Zeke's shoulders. He wasn't even as tall as Rikki yet, he was so young. "Are you telling me, that that thing shocks you every time you try and escape?" He looked around, trying to comprehend it all... Who would do such a thing to a perfectly good Fox? Just when he was starting to grow up, they forced him to stay inside under penalty of electrocution. He could hardly believe it. What had HE, RIKKI, just done putting that horrible collar back on him?
This was almost as bad as the story he'd heard about a bear that was kept in a cage and abused for entertainment. He remembered it ending with another animal releasing the bear while no one was watching... maybe that's what he should do...

"Zeke," he said, staring into his eyes, speaking in a cold, hushed voice, "I don't think you should go back there. Ever." He had no idea what the cultural ramifications of what he'd just said were and he didn't care, only Zeke and Kyra could hear him anyway.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke stared at Riki. "Why on earth would I do that? Shelly dose almost anything I ask, and there is lots of fluffy stuff to sit on!" Zeke tried to convince Riki. "Although, I am trying to figure out how to take out the batteries." He grumbled.
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Zeke, don't you understand? They have you locked in a cage, like you're their property, and only around for entertainment! That collar? That's a set of bars, and a stick to jab you when you try to get out!" Rikki stayed in the hushed volume, but began to get more emotional, "Zeke, They have no right to treat you like that! You're a living creature! A FOX of all things! You're supposed to run around in the woods all day, not languish in a stone box! I don't care if they give you what you think you WANT, what you NEED is freedom!" He stared into Zeke's eyes, trying to make the child understand how unjustly he was being treated.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Hmmm... I see your point, but I LIKE these things. the only reason I left was because something was happening on the other side of the hedge!" He looked directly at Riki "Maybe I should show you. wanna come over to my house? the back is right up next to the forest if you wanna leave at any time!" Zeke hadn't quite made the connection between Jack and Riki.
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki sighed, it wasn't any use right now. Zeke was too domesticated to leave his home... still... he might be able to help him... "Alright then... If you don't want to leave, I can't force you to... But still, please consider what I'm saying. Also, let me help you with that collar of yours, just for the future, ok?" He got up next to Zeke and examined the electronic device, finally finding what he wanted. "Here it is... Let me show you something..." he took Zeke's paw and guided it to a latch on the side of the collar, where he pressed Zeke's claw into it, with more Force than Zeke was used to using on anything, and slipped off a small, plastic cover. A 9-volt battery popped out into his paw, and he put it in Zeke's hand. "Here. I think this is what you called a 'battery', I know that human electronics don't work without them, or if they're broken or old. If you ever want to break it again, you need to take this out. Don't let your owner's realize you can do it though, it's your ticket to freedom whenever you want it, otherwise, you're gonna have to take the hard way out." he gave a meaningful look, unsure if Zeke entirely understood what he meant. Breaking through a window or fighting through an electric-collar's barrier would be very painful

"And... If you can promise me I'll be safe in there, I will come into your house with you some time." He forced himself into this last one: he wasn't too keen on it, but he felt a curiosity, and besides, it might help him convince Zeke to leave. He thought of something to add: "If I do that, though, I want you to come into the forest with me and let me show you it. Is that a deal?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke smiled. He liked the fact that he didn't have to worry about the fence. he resolved to thank Riki for it later, but for now, he was thinking of the proposal. "Its a deal. And your only gonna be in danger if you forget to wipe your feet on your way in." He extended a paw in handshake.
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki looked at the paw for a second, it was still a strange gesture from other non-humans. He took it, and shook. "Alright Zeke. I'm gonna let you make your own decision... and if you ever feel like leaving, there's nothing wrong with taking the batteries out of the collar and coming out and finding me... And don't take the collar off before you go out there. Ok?" He let go of Zeke and sighed, rubbing his head for a minute.

He perked up, putting it behind him. "Alright then. Let's find your... 'Parents', Kyra... I actually want to meet them..."
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"So...I'm guessing I can come down now?" Jacob called out, still at the top of the tree.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Yeap! Everythin' fine down 'ere! Sorta!" Shep called back.

"Oooh Jacob dear, Shep saying we going down now ok!" Let's go!" Enya said, grabbing his hand and rushing down the tree.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob scrambled to keep up with Enya. "Wow, you're fast!" When the two got down to the ground, Jacob looked over at the scared wolf and said, "Is he all right?" Jacob still kept his distance a little bit.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Awwww nothin' to worry about. He was the one who was scared of us in th' first place." Shep said, putting his arm around the wolf.

"Oooooh so this is wolf! Hi wolf! You cute!!!!" Enya said, lunging forward to give Anubis a big hug.
Neko

Post by Neko »

The van pulled into the driveway, the engine getting turned off. Cale was the first to open the door and hop out, waiting for the others. Mrs.Patterson got out of the driver seat, closing the door behind her. She looked at her watched, it was almost 3 o'clock. "My favorite show is almost on! Cale make sure to come inside for dinner around 6." and with that she walked inside their house. "Ok mom!"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky hopped out and turned to Cale. "So what do we do now?"
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Flake looked around and saw his Father walking over to him. "Your gonna be late for the Vet!" He dragged Flake, "You'll never take me alive!" He tried to run, but couldn't.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

thrasherblades wrote:"Awwww nothin' to worry about. He was the one who was scared of us in th' first place." Shep said, putting his arm around the wolf.
"Oooooh so this is wolf! Hi wolf! You cute!!!!" Enya said, lunging forward to give Anubis a big hug.
Anubis was a little confused, but he started to calm down. He had no idea who these animals were, or why they were here, and why they'd turned from threatening him to hugging him. He stared around at them blankly, unsure of what he should say...
"Uh... so... My name's Anubis..." he said plainly, still a little confused and coming down from his shock...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam had just gotten out of the van when man came towards them, Dragging Flake off towards his home.

"ooooh...kay. I guess Flake has to go to vet." The word vet sent chills up his spine, causing his hair to stand.

Sam was a bit surprised by Flake being dragged away, but remembered something when Rocky had asked his question. "Oh, can we go rollerblading now?"

"Oh well, I dunno. I don't want to leave Rocky here. Oh, maybe he can wear my roller blades. What do you say Rocky?"
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Hm? Oh, okay. Just please don't act like they neglect me, it's not that. They tend to forget how technology... 'illiterate' I am. They've only had me- what, 7 months now? And haven't used any technology with me since I moved here... So they're not 'perfect' at it." Her worry was mainly in Rikki getting a misunderstanding of that.