5%
Yes, I have several.
No votes

Total votes: 215

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Fursuits: do you own one?

Post by Sleet »

Yeah, there's not much use in getting a fursuit if you don't have anywhere to wear it. I imagine it'd get tired just wearing it around the house!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sleet wrote:Yeah, there's not much use in getting a fursuit if you don't have anywhere to wear it. I imagine it'd get tired just wearing it around the house!
This is why I never see myself wearing one or having one. I'm not really interested in conventions anymore and I wouldn't just wear a fursuit around unless I was around people who understood why.

Maybe a tail, but not a fursuit. x3
Rico

Post by Rico »

I like the idea of just a tail and ears! I've seen a few people around with tails attached to the bottom of backpacks. People around here seem more accepting of that rather than tails directly on their person.
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A few people have tails around my school too. But when I asked, I found they had no relation to the furry fandom. Maybe ears and tails could be considered universal?
Sleet wrote:Yeah, there's not much use in getting a fursuit if you don't have anywhere to wear it. I imagine it'd get tired just wearing it around the house!
What if suits were more comfortable? Like... Pajamas. Furry themed onesie? >_<.
THough I'm not sure they'd count as suits...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

they actually make those.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Rico

Post by Rico »

*googles furry onesie* How about that!

Not even comparable to a proper fursuit, but easier to explain to the other half.

I'm still tempted by the idea of getting a fur tail and ears to compliment the fursona? Anyone else have them?
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet.

Hausphox, too, but he has only the tail, unless I misremember.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Still haven't seen it.

I have two tails, plus a pair of ears. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

The most favorite part of my Tychoaussie fursuit that I wear around the house isn't the tail or the head, it's my feet! Those are the *best*.

So if one were to have a daily wearable part of a costume, I would recommend getting some nice, warm, wearable and comfortable feets made up. Mine are Addidas wrestling shoes, and are as comfortable as slippers. I could wear them anywhere, all day long. Mmmm.... warm toes in the winter. I love my feet.

Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Rico

Post by Rico »

tychoaussie wrote:My 14 year-old daughter especially likes Tycho: She keeps sneaking into the cabinet and trying on the gloves & feet.

I'm guessing that without the rest of the suit those can also easily be mistaken for slippers if you leave them lying around. You'll have to get a pair for your daughter so she stops stealing yours! (Sorry for the old quote, it seemed relevant).

I'm still amazed at how technical your suit is and how much thought you put into it. Did I read further back that the mouth moves too?

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I imagine you'd look weird wearing just the feet! *giggles*
Rico

Post by Rico »

:roll: presuming its not 'just' the boots and there is other clothing involved, I'm sure they're just like the full furry Ugg boots. Just comfier and with claws!

Shame there's no pads on the bottom of your feet, but I suppose its a trade off so you have some grip on them.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's one of the things that makes me sad about fursuits. You can't have pads on the feet. :(
Rico

Post by Rico »

Sleet wrote:You can't have pads on the feet. :(
That's something I've never really considered before, as I've never seen a fur suit in person. At least the front paws are able to have pads and the feet arn't noticeable unless you're sitting down!

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:That's one of the things that makes me sad about fursuits. You can't have pads on the feet. :(
I have pads on my real feet (Walk barefooted long enough and you'll get your own.), Why would anyone want fake ones?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Calluses are not the same as adorable, soft pads!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:Calluses are not the same as adorable, soft pads!
They are still superior: They show off how much I get injured.

"I'm bleeding, making me the victor."
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Rico

Post by Rico »

Are there any companies or sites that you have already purchased from or would recommend buying furry accessories from? Tails, ears, and such. Sleet, you have a few tails?

tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Sleet wrote:That's one of the things that makes me sad about fursuits. You can't have pads on the feet. :(
They do make feet with paw pads sleet, all different kinds! Big, cartoony feet, to realistic feet, to feet with no soles where you paint the pads on your own toes... it's limited only by money and intended use and imagination. There are even digigrade feets by wega in new Zealand if you got cash... :P
Rico

Post by Rico »

tychoaussie wrote:There are even digigrade feets by wega in new Zealand if you got cash... :P
Wow, I wasn't even aware such things existed. They look fairly realistic and more comfortable than I'd expect.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I doubt it'd be that uncomfortable. I've ran a mile on my toes before. :P
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:I doubt it'd be that uncomfortable. I've ran a mile on my toes before. :P
Anecdote time!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's actually about it. I decided to do it so I did.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

If I ever draw a webcomic (Which I doubt, since I have no drawing or computing knowledge to speak of and no resolution to do anything.) I would probably draw furries with serious ankle injuries: What manner of self-respecting deity and/or evolutionary path would create a being both digitigrate, with cuadrupedal-like hindlegs AND bipedal?

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like to think fundamentally deal-breaking physics and biology are by default ignored with anthropomorphism.
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

I have to say while fursuits still look a bit...silly for me to personally consider trying it, I can see how it appeals to some other people. It's a bit of fun I suppose and the suits are actually pretty impressive technically. Not something I'd try, but I don't have a problem with it either.
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:I like to think fundamentally deal-breaking physics and biology are by default ignored with anthropomorphism.
I know, but that's what poking fun at stuff is for.

Like when a real-life princess tries to use glass slippers, ouch!

tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Silly Zealot wrote:If I ever draw a webcomic (Which I doubt, since I have no drawing or computing knowledge to speak of and no resolution to do anything.) I would probably draw furries with serious ankle injuries: What manner of self-respecting deity and/or evolutionary path would create a being both digitigrate, with cuadrupedal-like hindlegs AND bipedal?
What about this guy? No ankle injuries, AFAIK.

I think any self-respecting diety should be able to properly engineer something that works.

Rico

Post by Rico »

@tychoaussie That's brilliant, I love it :lol:

Your post was highly educational, funny, and extremely cute!

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Ah, but as you can see, when standing still, kangaroos and wallabies rest on their entire feet, up to their tarsuses, along with their tails. They only hop (not walk or run, hop.) on their phallanges when going through long distances, and they put both feet on the ground at the same time to do so.

"Petting zoo people", as TV tropes calls the average furry character, walk and stand on the balls of their feet all the time. I remember thinking the joke that they were all ballerinas, and then I found out the author of the Freefall webcomic had made the same joke!
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Dogs weigh between 4 lb. and 240 lb. and their paws and legs are scaled appropriately. If you take a 120 lb. dog and give it the hind paws of a 240 lb. dog, do you think it's feet might be okay? I think that physics aren't too far fetched, but irregardless, it's still way off-topic for this thread, which is about:

FURSUITS and whether or not you own one?

Yes, Yes I do, and I have a lot of fun with it. Recently I even got to hang out with Elvis himself! It turns out he likes Aussies, especially when they can sing and have dance moves.

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I still want to know what happened with that baby and the wallaby.

I want to know more about:

The Adventures of the Baby and the Wallaby!

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Thank you, Tycho, for gently nudging us back on topic. *nudge nudge* ;)
I really love what you do Tycho, and the suit is amazing :D
I'm not sure I'd be into fursuiting, myself. Aside from the price, it'd mean I'd actually have to go outside and do stuff. :lol:
In all honesty I would probably enjoy it, but I really don't get out much. It would be an extra commitment which I'm just not ready for.
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

I do have to say Tycho, considering I love really heavy dressing gowns and jackets when I'm at home I'm kind of envious that you have that. I mean...those shoes!

What's the fur like on it, is it really soft or kind of scratchy?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Most fursuits have really soft fur. ^o^
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

Man! Now I'm even more jealous!
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Skye, the best way to explain the softness of the fur is with the following endorsement:

"When asked about the softness of TychoAussie, Three out of five children said Mmmmm, so soft! "

p.s. I've never been to a con before. I'm just not sure I'd fit in with the classical furrycon attendee unless it was to attend for a specific purpose, like meeting a couple specific people I know online. At a con I'd simply be one of hundreds in a fursuit & I doubt there'd be anyone there all that interested in seeing my antics, which are probably standard fare at a con. Around here, I'm sort of the 'only show in town' so even a mediocre performance gets praise. If someone's got a fursuit in their closet, they should get it out & take a risk at the local parade or festival. If there's a band playing, so much the better.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Actually a good fursuiter (which you seem to be!) gets a lot of attention at furry conventions, from my experience.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

tychoaussie wrote:Skye, the best way to explain the softness of the fur is with the following endorsement:

"When asked about the softness of TychoAussie, Three out of five children said Mmmmm, so soft! "
The other two throw things at you and kick, don't they? Kids tend to do that to do that to the stuff that they like.

Also, I wonder, how do DOGS react to fursuiters? (Probably the same as with everyone else, but I don't know, so I'm asking.)

Rico

Post by Rico »

tychoaussie wrote:Image
Looks like dogs just want to play too :P