HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon squeaks at the sudden glare. "Oh, sorry, I didn't notice how dim it was, nocturnal species don't you know, though technically I'm diurnal or maybe crepuscular because my prey species are ferret chow and carnivore snack bars, and they're primarily available during the daylight hours. I mean I could stay up all night and sleep all day, I can open the food closet after all, but that wouldn't be convenient for Dad because then I wouldn't be very interesting when we go around to schools and stuff. Plus all the good TV programs are in the morning and evening."

He stacks the last three boxes of bears by the hatch. "Can we stow these inside? It'd be so much easier than dropping them down the gap back there."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We rabbits are used to the dark as well, living underground and all that but that doesn't mean we won't use additional light when we can get it." He eyes the boxes. "You mean inside the house? They're a bit dirty for that, don't you think? Where's that bit you were trying to squeeze through before, when I heard those breaking noises?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Under the eaves? I didn't have to break anything to go down to the garage, but I hadda pull the fascia away a bit to get through the vent. I didn't mean to break anything, I was trying to sneak in and surprise you, but I guess with those big ears that wasn't going to happen anyway."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, I meant where you said something about trying to squeeze through." He smiles. "Heh, you weren't exactly quiet when you were talking to that rook. What were the two of you yelling about anyway?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, she was all get away from my nest and I was all I'm not after your flea-ridden hatchlings and she was all liar liar and she wouldn't let me show her my domesticated animal ID or anything, I tell you I felt just like Alice in Wonderland, I think it was Alice in Wonderland where she was changing sizes all the time, and the bird thought she was a snake, honestly, do I look like a person who would eat a rook's fledgelings?"

He does his best not to look like a person who would eat a rook's hatchlings, which is not precisely easy given he's basically an oversized weasel.
Last edited by Argent on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Not in the slightless." Ryze replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:"What do you mean 'ways around it'?"
"Well if you have humans that are on your side they could possibly talk to the other humans to let it go, you may be able to get away with keeping your claws if you cut them a bit, or last resort stay away from them but I do not reccomend that as they can get pretty stingy about that.

Doc mulled over the thought if there were sny other ideas but none came to mind as he had cut his claws down. But breaking his train of thought his phone vibrated in his bag
"oh one second sorry"
He dug through his bag for a,moment searching for the phone before he pulled it out and answered. It was his owner and didnt sound happy or calm
"yeah...im fine. Alright, alright o-ok.....ok. I know, yeah im at the clinic...... Ok ill be there soon."
Doc hung up and put the phone back in his bag, he then turned to Senka
"im afraid we'll have to continue this another time, my owner nearly paced a hole in the floor and he needs me home now. So I've got to go, can you tell the others I said bye?"
Doc started down the hill and back home afterwards.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, there's this rope ladder here, and it goes down this gap in the wall into the garage, like where they have that silly fake chimney on the outside wall, see, it's just a framework, I guess they were trying to keep it symmetrical with the other side you can kind of see where the original house had a chimney at this end too, anyway, that's how I got down and it's like just barely wide enough for these boxes if we force them a bit."

The "rope ladder" is just a rope with knots tied in it every foot or so. It's good as a ladder if you're of an arboreal persuasion, but it's not something a rabbit would have described as any kind of ladder.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Not much; Some more timber, nail gun, rope, pulley system, muscles, crane, nails, table saw, measuring tape, a designer program, chairs, couches, shingles....and bunch of other stuff I don't have the money for. The funny thing is that all of these things are just for the first phase of it." Koa thought for a second. "Now that I think of it, do hardware stores sell all this...better yet would they sell it to a pet?"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Rubbing his paw better he looks quickly replies "Yeah I'm fine just hurt a bit." He looks up as they climb into the attic with a slight whimper. "Yeah I'm not going to be able to fit up there guys, I'll um just wait I suppose."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Mind if I join?" asked Lucky hiding behind him, "That place is full of bad luck. I can feel it."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I wouldn't exactly call that a ladder. You saw my attempt at climbing it. My paws still smart." remarks Flynn, crossing over to the wall to look down the hole. Seeing Ryyn and Lucky far below he waves and calls to them. "Ahoy down there!"

~~~~
John's eyes widen as Koa's list grows longer and more expensive. "What are you trying to build, a house or something? Do you have any idea how expensive all that would be? Surely you can make do with a hammer, a drill and a handsaw?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "WOah-hey ! Hehehe , yah I'm pretty sure you will , and if I still here when that happen they might even think you're awesome hanging out with a predator , that, or just crazy , hehehehe" Nadia joked , then rest her head upon Rocky's like a pillow , maybe she was giving him a hug ? err....probably not..
Differently mucho loco crazy, to be around preds.
Rocky says as he picks up the pace again to a fast walk, making Moonbeam struggle to keep up.
Hmmms thats nice, you getting all snuggly with me now?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Well, yeh, you need to use all your paws to hold on, oh, I guess your hind paws aren't good at that, I bet you're fast as anything on the ground though, like in that book, hey, do rabbits really worship the sun like that? I always figured that was human, what you call, projection, you know like how Dad wants to treat me like a human cub and Mrs. Walton thinks it's silly. Not that I'm complaining, living outside in a cage would suck all my books would get wet."

He forces one of the last three boxes down the gap and this time he calls a warning before he drops it.

"We can't stand around here all day talking, we got work to do! You got something to shovel that squirrel... ah... toilet into these bags? Maybe we can use some of these roof tiles, but with all the stuff down there I bet there's a shovel!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm not half bad on the ground. I wouldn't say I'm the fastest rabbit but I can certainly hold my own. And no, we don't worship the sun. At least, most of us don't. I did know this one rabbit who- But you don't want to know about that." Flynn cuts himself off mid-sentence.
"Shovel. Um... there might be something in the garage. Oh, in the laundry there's a dustpan and brush. I'll go and get them." Flynn carefully lets himself out the trap door, feeling around with his paw for the rungs beneath. Reaching the floor below, he scampers along the hall, down the stairs and around to the laundry. Opening a tall cupboard he finds the aformentioned cleaning implements as well as a full sized broom. Taking both, he jogs back through the house and up the stairs to the cupboard. Looping the strings on the brush and dustpan over the broom handle, he calls up to Sixtoes that he's got the gear and then pokes the handle up through the hole to the weasel.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Well yeah maybe I don't need all that extra stuff. But I really need is: Rope, Nails, Screws."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Now that much we can get." John thinks for a few moments. "You're making a tree house, aren't you? And you want it fully furnished. That sounds like a fun project. I used to have a treehouse as a kid." He reminisces aloud to Koa for a time before nosing the car into the parking lot next to the hardware store. "Anyways, here we are. Sorry to bore you." He enters the shop with Koa in tow. The helpful shop attendent finds them everything they need and they head to the checkout where John hands over his card.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Was it that obvious...?" Noticing that his secret was kinda figured out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"With a bit of logical deduction it wasn't too difficult to work out. You were obviously not going to build a whole house. You didn't ask for glass or anything like that so it wouldn't have been a greenhouse for your herbs, and given that you wanted ropes and pulleys it was probably not going to be a kennel. The solution which made most sense was a treehouse. John smiles. "I didn't win the "Sherlock Holmes Wannabe" award at my graduation party for nothing, you know. There's just two things that concern me. How are you planning on getting up into a tree with that leg and where are you going to build it? I said before I don't want anyone in the woods until the poachers are caught. And by the way, I know you've already gone in there once. There's a fresh leaf sticking out of your bag."

Leaving the hardware store, John stows the purchases in the boot. He looks at his list and then leads the way across the square to the telecomunications shop. After a brief discussion the company agrees to activate the landline and provides John with his new number. Next stop is the printing shop where he is convinced by the fast-talking merchant to order 200 business cards (far more than the 50 he had intended to get) with his and Joan's new details and an ad for a custom programming and computer repair service. After that he purchases a new heater to replace the damaged one and then loading everything back in the car, he drives out of town toward the veterinary clinic.

When he and Koa walk in there's no one behind the desk so he dings the bell a few tiems and waits for someone to appear.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon and Ryze get to work shovelling sticks, leaves, acorns, and less pleasant matter into the bags, and lower them down to the garage for the animals below to haul out to the kerb.

~~

"Coming... Hi, Mister... uh... Porter? Mum! Mister Porter's here with that weird dog!"

"Oh, hello. Um, Paul said you'd be here for some papers, and since you brought the dog he also wanted to check his cast, he shouldn't be walking around on that... it's not a proper walking brace. Even if he isn't feeling any pain, he can be doing permanent long-term damage. I don't think we have one for a dog that small, either, so we'll have to order one, and until it gets here he should be kept to strict kennel rest."

"Dad's still out at the Hungerford's rabbit farm. He should be back after lunch."

"Can you come back this afternoon, Mr. Porter?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn returns to the garage and starts carrying out the bags of rubbish as they drop through the hole.

~~~~
John nods. "I'm guessing that's why Flynn gave him the bat. At least that way he's not putting all his weight on the leg. This afternoon? Uh... sure. I have no other plans as yet. Do you want me to leave Koa here with you until then?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha fails to quite suppress her alarm at the thought of Koa spending any more time than necessary at the clinic.

"It shouldn't take long, and I'm sure Paul will want to talk about care with you, so if you could bring him back then we can kill two birds with one stone. Also... I don't suppose you'll have any luck making him lie down, so if he's going to hobble around on it, he should at least use a proper crutch. That we do have in small sizes, they're adjustable. Sandy, get me a set of number two dog crutches... thanks. Here you go, bring them back when we get a proper brace."
Last edited by Argent on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa was a tolerable person, although Samantha said something that he didn't quite like. "What do you mean make me lie down!?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You're walking around on an immobilization cast. It's not supporting you, just holding the bones in position, and if you put weight on your leg you're likely to do yourself a permanent injury. You need to either stay off your feet, or use these crutches and only put your weight on your good leg... staying off your feet is better."

She kneels down and holds one crutch against Koa, "Let me adjust this for you, and give that makeshift to Mr. Porter. I'm sure the Porters will be happy to pamper you for a while."
Last edited by Argent on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh no, everyone has to work for their keep in my house. There'll be no pampering whatsoever." John says jokingly.
"So what time do you want me back? And how much do I owe you for the crutches?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"If you approve buying the leg brace, and bring them back clean... you don't owe us anything. Oh, I don't suppose you want to settle his former owner's bill for the broken leg? You don't have to, but we are out a couple of hundred dollars."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He is my responsibility now so I'll fix it up. We'll sort all that out this afternoon when I come in. I think that'll be easiest." replies John, taking back the bat. "How do those crutches feel, Koa?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote: "im afraid we'll have to continue this another time, my owner nearly paced a hole in the floor and he needs me home now. So I've got to go, can you tell the others I said bye?"
Doc started down the hill and back home afterwards.
"Yeah, sure." She waved as she watched the wolf walk back to town. She then turned around, making her way towards Nadia and the horses.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"They feel great, though I'm not too happy about kennel resting." Koa looked at john. "Can we go get my stuff right now...one specific instrument is rare and is worth a lot of money, cause it can't be remade......it was also a gift."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn looks back at Lucky as they both sit in the car. "I would never leave you out there, it's too dangerous we are staying in here."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
"Yeah, sure." She waved as she watched the wolf walk back to town. She then turned around, making her way towards Nadia and the horses.

Rocky was looking back, whicker-snickering at Moonbeams struggling to keep up at his quickened pace.
When he looks back up, there was that big cat coming right at them!!
Rocky slams on the brakes, his hooves sliding along the grass as he comes to a quick stop..
That really big cat is hunting us!!...

Moonbean winces and struggles to chase after Rocky. his injured muscles were aching and burning for the strain he was putting upon them. When Rocky panic stopped, Moonbeam trotted on past, finally stopping by the time he was up next to the cougar.
Oww oww oww, Hello again. how are you Miss puma?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Never better.". Senka answered, semi-sarcastically. She pointed with her thumb behind her.
"Doc left to go help someone with... Something... Somewhere...". She shrugged and nodded to Rocky and Nadia.
"How goes the horse riding lessons?". The lioness made a show of leering at Rocky, licking her lips.

Ref Ref!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

sunauto wrote:Ryyn looks back at Lucky as they both sit in the car. "I would never leave you out there, it's too dangerous we are staying in here."
"I agree." replied Lucky.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Never better.". Senka answered, semi-sarcastically. She pointed with her thumb behind her.
"Doc left to go help someone with... Something... Somewhere...". She shrugged and nodded to Rocky and Nadia.
That is good to hear! My rider must have gotten called to come by his owner or something.
Roarin wrote:"How goes the horse riding lessons?". The lioness made a show of leering at Rocky, licking her lips.
They are a bit Rocky, be he is learning. The fox seems to be hanging on for deer life.

D-Doo they always lick there lips like that!! is that a greeting??
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:They are a bit Rocky, be he is learning. The fox seems to be hanging on for deer life.

D-Doo they always lick there lips like that!! is that a greeting??
"It's a special one I save for certain animals.". Senka responded. In retrospect. Now that she thought of it, it seemed a bit odd. Talking to what she would have considered any other day, to be a perfect dinner. A look of genuine hunger crossed the cougar's face as she looked at Rocky again. Wonder what horse taste like... Then she shook her head. Maybe if she hadn't just eaten already...
"Anyways. So, how is your err...". She paused, trying to look for a more delicate word. "Rearside, doing? I heard it got shot up during your getaway."

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "It's a special one I save for certain animals.". Senka responded.
I see you have learned to have a sense of humor.
Roarin wrote: In retrospect. Now that she thought of it, it seemed a bit odd. Talking to what she would have considered any other day, to be a perfect dinner. A look of genuine hunger crossed the cougar's face as she looked at Rocky again. Wonder what horse taste like... Then she shook her head. Maybe if she hadn't just eaten already...
"Anyways. So, how is your err...". She paused, trying to look for a more delicate word. "Rearside, doing? I heard it got shot up during your getaway."
It's ...
Moonbeam starts, an then thinks about that for a minute. Admitting that your injured and not at your best to a predator seemed even to him to be a really crazy thing to talk about.. but then she already knows about it..
It is stiff, sore and stinging. he admits.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John shares a look with Mrs. Walton. "I think it's best that we wait until we've got the paperwork. We don't want to go up against your ex-owner any more times than is strictly necessary. And the rest is only for a few weeks until your leg is healed. I'm sure your project can wait that long."

~~~~
Flynn pokes his head into the bottom of the hole and calls up to the pine marten and cat above. "How ma- OOF!" He is cut off as another bag lands on his face. Fortunately neither Flynn nor the bag is damaged. Setting the bag aside, Flynn tries again. "How many bags to go, do you reckon?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote:
Hmmms thats nice, you getting all snuggly with me now?
"wh-WHat ?! pfff noo , I just....uhm , I just have to hang on to something because you were moving too fast"
Keeshah wrote: Rocky was looking back, whicker-snickering at Moonbeams struggling to keep up at his quickened pace.
When he looks back up, there was that big cat coming right at them!!
Rocky slams on the brakes, his hooves sliding along the grass as he comes to a quick stop..
That really big cat is hunting us!!...
"hey !!" Nadia exclaimed , and hey , at that moment she literally was hanging on for dear life , but as soon as Moonbeam mentioned it , she sat back up and let go of Rocky's neck , pretended like she didn't listen to their conversation
Keeshah wrote: It's ...
Moonbeam starts, an then thinks about that for a minute. Admitting that your injured and not at your best to a predator seemed even to him to be a really crazy thing to talk about.. but then she already knows about it..
It is stiff, sore and stinging. he admits.
"you know what maybe I should've attacked you instead of Rocky , would've been much easier"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Um, maybe three or four, then there's their nest, a lot of dirty blankets... and looks like a collection of National Geographics. Oooh, there's an article on wolverines."

Cinnamon sits down to page through the glossy magazine.

"oooh nice... um... can I have some of these? Since I'm doing all this work and we were going to throw them out anyway?"
Crystalwind

Post by Crystalwind »

(I think this is the best solution, since it gives a chance for reintroduction and doesn't break the flow, but also works a lot like the suggestion in the end. Sorry for this, snakebug, but it's been a bit long a wait.)

Breakfast was finished before long. When it was done, Snow put the dishes in the dishwasher and then went to the door. "I think I left something behind on the way home. I'm going to go see if I can find it. Bye. It was nice meeting you."

With that, she headed out, keeping her eyes focused on the ground.
Who wouldn't attempt to acquire the thiiiiing?