HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:"what's wrong Mr.Funny Guy ?" Nadia asked , pulling Moonbeam even closer to her "nothing to say now that I got a hold of you ?"
Then , with an evil grin , she whispered in his ears "say , what do they do to the "bad horses" around here ?"
That depends on what kind of bad the horse is doing, and how bad is the bad. The humans have different restraints they use on us. hurtful bridle bits, blinders they make us wear, whipping and caning. If a horse is untrainable an dangerous, they get sent off to be made into glue and dog food.
Moonbeam looks over at the fox,
Why did you want to know that?
Rocky shivers..
I wish i didn't know about all that!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"What do you mean 'ways around it'?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote: That depends on what kind of bad the horse is doing, and how bad is the bad. The humans have different restraints they use on us. hurtful bridle bits, blinders they make us wear, whipping and caning. If a horse is untrainable an dangerous, they get sent off to be made into glue and dog food.
Moonbeam looks over at the fox,
Why did you want to know that?
as sympathetic as Nadia felt for the horses after making them think about such things , she needed to get some kind of revenge on Moonbeam for his "jokes" "Because , Moonbeam , keep calling me things like "sweety" and "precious" , and I'll make the humans think you've been a really bad horse , believe it or not I can make a very convincing "horse attack pet" scene ......but meh" she said , letting go of the halter
Keeshah wrote: Rocky shivers..
I wish i didn't know about all that!
"Don't worry about it Rocky , you're much nicer than Moonbeam , if anything like that's gonna happen , he'll go first"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Wow, you know a lot about technology Sixtoes." Ryze commented.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Yeh, mum, I mean Mrs. Walton, says it's because I'm out of my natural environment and I have all this energy that I can't direct to my natural tendencies so I hyperfocus. I kinda prefer it this way, computers are more fun than hunting rats and bunnies and eating them raw no offense to present company intended. Mrs. Walton has kinda strong opinions about what's natural. Dad hadda heck of a fight with her before I could sleep inside."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Whimpers at all the technical talk and the fast talking pet. He just couldn't keep up with him. "I used to think I was smart up to this very moment."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Yes I'm ready and actually I forgot about my instruments, they should be there too."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: as sympathetic as Nadia felt for the horses after making them think about such things , she needed to get some kind of revenge on Moonbeam for his "jokes" "Because , Moonbeam , keep calling me things like "sweety" and "precious" , and I'll make the humans think you've been a really bad horse , believe it or not I can make a very convincing "horse attack pet" scene ......but meh" she said , letting go of the halter
Why is his calling you that bad? Are you not glad that he is comfortable enough around you to joke with you like that?
serence ice fox wrote:"Don't worry about it Rocky , you're much nicer than Moonbeam , if anything like that's gonna happen , he'll go first"
that's not very reassuring! That means i get to watch what's going to happen to me next!!

Moonbeam snickers softly...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Why is his calling you that bad? Are you not glad that he is comfortable enough around you to joke with you like that?
"well it's not that I'm not glad that he , and not just him , but you too , feel comfortable enough around me , it would be a lie to say that I'm not enjoying it to say the least . It's just that ....well.....I'm not some pampered pet for anyone to use those kind of words when they talk about me alright ? I was born to kill , not to be snuggled around the house like those dogs and cats you've seen around humans ....oi....you know what guys , just forget it , it's not something you guys can understand . Moonbeam I'm sorry , shouldn't have been so mean to you like I did like that"
Keeshah wrote: that's not very reassuring! That means i get to watch what's going to happen to me next!!

Moonbeam snickers softly...
Nadia just facepawed "oh for the love of....why are you always looking at the dark side of things?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "well it's not that I'm not glad that he , and not just him , but you too , feel comfortable enough around me , it would be a lie to say that I'm not enjoying it to say the least . It's just that ....well.....I'm not some pampered pet for anyone to use those kind of words when they talk about me alright ? I was born to kill , not to be snuggled around the house like those dogs and cats you've seen around humans ....oi....you know what guys , just forget it , it's not something you guys can understand . Moonbeam I'm sorry , shouldn't have been so mean to you like I did like that"
It's ok, I'm sure that you would be good at being snuggly.
serence ice fox wrote:Nadia just facepawed "oh for the love of....why are you always looking at the dark side of things?"
Is there another way for us livestock to look at things?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Is there another way for us livestock to look at things?
"yes ! I mean not all livestock end up in one horrible way or another , I've met many like you who managed to live happily among humans and go peacefully when their time comes , it doesn't have to be the way you think it will be just because you're what humans call "livestock" , they just want you to think that , understand?" the fox said ,then quickly gave Moonbeam a look , hoped he'll understand and help her out , because that was the best she got to try and help Rocky seeing things in a more optimistic way , the other is "or you can run away" , but that would put him at risk , so....yeah....
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Argent wrote:"Hello Mr. Porter! I'm Sixtoes on account of I got hurt on a construction site."
John raises his eyebrow. "Oh? I do hope you're all right. I'll do the carpenty then but I'd be grateful if you'd clean it out though. You'll be able to get into it much better than I can." He thinks for a few moments. "I'll tell you what. I'll do you a deal. I have an old heater which was damaged in transit. One of the wires has come loose and the plug needs replacing. If you can impress me by fixing that up then I'll consider letting you at the wiring in the roof. It's sitting on the coffee table in the lounge room - Flynn can how you where that is." Flynn nods his assent.
Argent wrote: "Oh, you're a programmer? Do you know much Java? I'm having a problem with a native code module I'm trying to inject on my phone, I figure I can get four times the resolution scanning in native code instead of JVM, because of the timing, but I think there's a bug in the SH3 code generation for gcc..."
"I've certainly tinkered with it a bit. I can have a look for you. Er... is that strictly legal though, reprogramming the phone like that?"
Argent wrote:"Yeh, mum, I mean Mrs. Walton, says it's because I'm out of my natural environment and I have all this energy that I can't direct to my natural tendencies so I hyperfocus. I kinda prefer it this way, computers are more fun than hunting rats and bunnies and eating them raw no offense to present company intended. Mrs. Walton has kinda strong opinions about what's natural. Dad hadda heck of a fight with her before I could sleep inside."
Flynn shudders at the reference to rabbits but says nothing.
sunauto wrote:Whimpers at all the technical talk and the fast talking pet. He just couldn't keep up with him. "I used to think I was smart up to this very moment."
John ruffles the big dog's ears. "I'm sure you're still smart, boy. You're just smart in... different ways. I'll bet there's no one who can track a scent or fetch a stick like you."
LovingCorgi wrote:"Yes I'm ready and actually I forgot about my instruments, they should be there too."
"Alrighty then. I'll just grab my phone and then we'll be good to go." John disappears into the house momentarily before returning, jangling his keys. "Come on, Koa, let's go. We'll see you pets later." He waves to the pets and then disappears with Koa out onto the driveway. A few moments later the sound of an engine can be heard as the car disappears out the gate and into the road.
"Bye, Dad! See ya, Koa!" Flynn calls after them as they leave the garage.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I don't remember the accident I was just a tiny kit and it doesn't bother me most of the time. Of course it's legal, it's my phone, and my camera, I rescued it from the dump and fixed it myself and it took simply ages to resolder all those tiny little surface mount components let me tell you! That's one advantage to having these cute little paws, eh?"

And he waves byebye with his cute little paws as John leaves with Koa.

"Pshhh, humans, if you fix my heater for free I'll let you fix my house for free, but what can you do, they just don't think straight about stuff, it's them big heads, you know, thoughts rattle around in there and get lost and the next thing you know they're daydreaming about what color to paint the bathroom instead of focusing on one thing at a time like animals. Oh well, if he can get this DSP code working for me it'll be worth it. You got any trash bags and animal-size hazmat suits?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:
Keeshah wrote: Is there another way for us livestock to look at things?
"yes ! I mean not all livestock end up in one horrible way or another , I've met many like you who managed to live happily among humans and go peacefully when their time comes , it doesn't have to be the way you think it will be just because you're what humans call "livestock" , they just want you to think that , understand?" the fox said ,then quickly gave Moonbeam a look , hoped he'll understand and help her out , because that was the best she got to try and help Rocky seeing things in a more optimistic way , the other is "or you can run away" , but that would put him at risk , so....yeah....
Just Obey what the humans say, an do your best. An you should be fine..
I will try to remember that..... Honey.
Rocky adds with a snicker.. making a slow turn as he continues the walk.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn disagrees a little bit with the part aboud humans not focussing. "Heh, you haven't seen Dad while he's programming. You can't get his attention away from his computer for hours on end. Although you're right about when he's not working. Humans do try to do far too many things at once. Ahh, hazmat suits? That bad, is it? Unfortunately not. I do have some dog-sized leather gloves I found in here earlier which you could use. They'll be a bit big but better than nothing. We have planty of rubbish bags. You could probably improvise a suit out of one or two of them."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I wonder when they'll be back." Ryze said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon messes with the heater for ten minutes. "Well, it works now, but you oughta throw it out, the element's cracked and it's held together by the nichrome wire, so it's probably just going to blow again in a few hours of use. Sorry about that. The fan's good, so you oughta salvage the motor. Man, you got so much room for parts here, Mrs. Walton won't let me keep hardly anything at the clinic, says I'm cluttering up the place, but who was it got the lab freezer working again with his 'junk', but do I get credit for that, no."

He looks longingly at the Altair, but he's got a job to do, so he grabs the gloves and bags and scurries up the rope.

There's much bashing, and crashing and then he calls down "I'm going to clear out these bears, watch out below, boxes coming. I don't know how they got these up here in the first place, there's barely room to get them through here, and why would someone hide teddy-bears in a space like this anyway?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Probably for someone to play with." Pyre suggested.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Just Obey what the humans say, an do your best. An you should be fine..
"thank you"
Keeshah wrote:
I will try to remember that..... Honey.
Rocky adds with a snicker.. making a slow turn as he continues the walk.
"oh hardy har har ! you know what if one of these days you two meet a female horse and try to impress her , here's a tip : don't try to be funny , 'cause you're not !"
Argent

Post by Argent »

A scraping, a thumping, high-pitched swearing... where'd he learn those words, a raccoon? More thumps, and then a half full box of teddy-bears drops the last eight feet to the ground.

"Watch out below" he calls belatedly. "There's another eight boxes like that coming..."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Do you need any help?" Ryze called up to Sixtoes.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn couldn't help but wag as Flynn's dad rubbed his head and ears and complimented him. "I suppose I'm not all that bad." He lets out a yelp of pain as the first box falls on his paw. "Oww for the love of bone!" He quickly scurries away towards the wall holding the cane out like a sword.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"You okay, Ryyn?" Pyre asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

"If you can get up half way, I'll hand the boxes down to you, the next one is half full, too, and then the rest are sealed. There's still a bunch of loose bears, too, some of them are pretty filthy ... we can bag them up with the trash and squirrel ... leftovers."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay." Ryze said climbing the rope.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

After a few more boxes are handed down, Cinnamon squeals and you hear scraping as the little animal starts dragging something heavier across the rafters. "Hey! There's a trapdoor here! Come up and help me move these tiles! I guess the squirrels shoved them over the entrance so they wouldn't be disturbed. Let's see where it leads!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure." Ryze replied climbing up the rest of the rope to the top.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

With the cat's help, Cinnamon's able to clear the hatch... but it's latched on the other side. "Of course, it's for access from the house! I could unscrew the hinges from this side, I suppose, Hey! Flynn! I found a way down into the house! Is Mr. Porter back yet?"

He scrambles headfirst down the rope, and flips onto a box of bears. "We found a trapdoor! You remember any doors in the ceiling this end of the house you couldn't open? You got a ladder? I was going to pull the hinges but I figure if you got a ladder we can find it from this side it has to be somewhere upstairs this end of the house."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "oh hardy har har ! you know what if one of these days you two meet a female horse and try to impress her , here's a tip : don't try to be funny , 'cause you're not !"

There is along awkward silence from the horses, with moonbeam looking away..
i don't think that will be a problem..
yes, by then you will have us whipped into shape to impress the mares.
yes yes i'm sure you will!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that was...weird ? Nadia thought ,raised an eyebrow at the horses' reaction, that awkward silence lasted like a good 5 minutes !
"erm , guys , did I say something wrong ? why did that sound like there was a problem ? Are you guys really that sensitiv- ooh!" The fox "ranting mode" was just about to start when she realized what she just did , her ears flatten almost instantly "I-I'm....guys I didn't know , errr , sorry guys , that was a bad thing to bring up , maybe I shouldn't have said anything" she said , facepawed , it's not like that was her problem , but still , somehow the egotistic fox felt kind of bad for some reason....or maybe she finally hit her head one too many times and started to go insane
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:that was...weird ? Nadia thought ,raised an eyebrow at the horses' reaction, that awkward silence lasted like a good 5 minutes !
"erm , guys , did I say something wrong ? why did that sound like there was a problem ? Are you guys really that sensitiv- ooh!" The fox "ranting mode" was just about to start when she realized what she just did , her ears flatten almost instantly "I-I'm....guys I didn't know , errr , sorry guys , that was a bad thing to bring up , maybe I shouldn't have said anything" she said , facepawed , it's not like that was her problem , but still , somehow the egotistic fox felt kind of bad for some reason....or maybe she finally hit her head one too many times and started to go insane
Oh don't worry about it.. were still kitten with you.
Yea, i'm sure i'll get to know a whole herd of mares..
Rocky fluffs up his ears and tail, and moves into a faster walk...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In the car, John crunches a gear change. "Ooh, sorry. This is Joan's car. I'm more used to driving mine which has automatic transmission." Aiming the car towards the town centre he asks Koa "Did you find what you needed for your "project" in the garage?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"A trapdoor!?" Rusty said excitedly, his tail wagging rapidly "That's amazing! We should go and explore it! It would be a lot of fun!"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Argent

Post by Argent »

"It'll be... upstairs. That's Mr. and Mrs. Porter's territory, we don't want to go up there without permission. I went upstairs without permission one time when we were doing a show-and-tell and got into all kinds of trouble. Humans are weird about that kind of thing, I guess it's like their nest or something. It doesn't work the other way, though, Mrs. Walton barges into my room ALL the time, I get more privacy when I'm hanging out in the dump with the raccoons."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa was sitting comfortably on the seat of the car, ignoring the sound of the shifting gears. He then looked at John "Yes I found most of what I need."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So what else do you need? I've got to pop into the hardware store anyway to get some superglue."

~~~~~
Flynn admires Cinnamon's quick work with the heater. "Thanks for that. I wouldn't say we've got all that much space at the moment though unless we're going to store things inside the house - have you seen the amount of stuff in that garage?"

As Cinnamon questions the presence of the bears, he calls back up to him. "Perhaps that's how Al was smuggling the soda - inside the bears."

After checking to see that Ryyn is OK, Flynn starts moving the boxes of bears out of the way and stacking them on an empty bit of floor.
Argent wrote:With the cat's help, Cinnamon's able to clear the hatch... but it's latched on the other side. "Of course, it's for access from the house! I could unscrew the hinges from this side, I suppose, Hey! Flynn! I found a way down into the house! Is Mr. Porter back yet?"

He scrambles headfirst down the rope, and flips onto a box of bears. "We found a trapdoor! You remember any doors in the ceiling this end of the house you couldn't open? You got a ladder? I was going to pull the hinges but I figure if you got a ladder we can find it from this side it has to be somewhere upstairs this end of the house."
"He's not back yet. I haven't seen anything but then I haven't been upstairs much either. I'll go inside and see if I can work out where it is. Bang on it for me, will you, and I'll follow the sound."

Flynn heads inside the house, stopping briefly in his room to collect the other pair of leather gloves, and climbs the stairs to the second storey. He walks donw the hallway towards the garage end of the house, keeping his eyes turned to the ceiling, looking for any sign of the trap door. Walking like this, he doesn't notice Joan exiting her study and walks straight into her.
"Oof. Oh, er, sorry Mum. I didn't see you there."
"That's OK, Flynn. No harm done. Just watch where you're going next time. What's so interesting about the ceiling up here? I thought you were exploring the garage?"
"We are. Sixtoes has found a trap door in the attic over the garage which we think leads to the house. I'm trying to find it on this side."
"Ah. OK. Just don't go hurting youself trying to climb things to get up to it. Wait... when did Sixtoes get here? And how? It's quite a way from the clinic."
"I won't. He got here a just before Dad left. He must have walked, I guess. See you, Mum."
Flynn continues his walk down the hall, hearing Sixtoes starting to bang but still seeing no signs of the trapdoor. Reaching the end of the corridor he finds a cupboard built into the wall form which the sounds seem to be emanating. Opening it, he finds it's a fairly spacious cupboard, about a yard deep and 5 feet long with a hot water cylinder in one end, shelves in the other and from the wall in the middle several rungs protrude allowing access to the darkness overhead. Pulling on the string dangling near his ears, Flynn looks about the cupboard as the fluorescent tube overhead blinks and flicks its sluggish way to life. When it's on, Flynn looks up and sees a trapdoor overhead. This is where the banging is coming from.

Climbing the rungs and praying for more success than he had on the rope, Flynn manages to reach the door. He manages to undo the stiff latches and then calls up to the pets above to stand back so he can try to open it. Bracing himself against the rungs he heaves upwards and promptly slips off the rung with a yelp, leaving him dangling by his front paws. After a few moments of scrabbling for a rung for his hind paws he hooks his arm more firmly through the top rung and heaves on the trapdoor with his shoulders. The hinges groan in protest as the heavy door creaks upwards.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Oh don't worry about it.. were still kitten with you.
Yea, i'm sure i'll get to know a whole herd of mares..
Rocky fluffs up his ears and tail, and moves into a faster walk...
"WOah-hey ! Hehehe , yah I'm pretty sure you will , and if I still here when that happen they might even think you're awesome hanging out with a predator , that, or just crazy , hehehehe" Nadia joked , then rest her head upon Rocky's like a pillow , maybe she was giving him a hug ? err....probably not..
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I think he's got it!"

The marten grabs the corner of the door as it edges up, then tugs with all the elastic strength of his flexible spine, and the door flies up and to the side with a tremendous thump, and the closet light glares into the dim attic from the long opening.

"All right! Good hunting, rabbit, you sure you don't have some predator in you? Not that that's possible, I know, it's just something Dad says to the squirrels, about them being part hyena, but I guess that's just when he's mad at them. It's not real, I mean, I'm not accusing you of being a predator or anything, OK?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn laughs. "Didn't I tell you I'm part bloodhound? Give us a paw, will you?" Taking the pine marten's paw he heaves himself off the top rung and into the dim attic. "Rather dark, isn't it? Why didn't you turn the light on?" He tugs on the string dangling near his ears and the bulbs strung along the roof snap on, illuminating the dreadful state that the squirrels left the place in.
"Those squirrels have left a mess, haven't they. Oh, I brought you these, by the way, Ryze, although it might be a bit late now." He pulls the other pair of gloves out of his collar where he'd stuck them before his climb.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It's fine." Ryze replied taking the gloves and putting them on.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT