Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

I actually never played Majora's Mask. Of the 3D Zelda games, that and Wind Waker are the only ones I haven't beaten, and I intend to get the Wii U remake of Wind Waker, so that just leaves MM.
angelusbr wrote:
Sleet wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Is magic Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 capable of ltteing me build my own deck? It gives me the impression I can do that and even battle against other people online. Can someone confirm this?
It has a Sealed campaign. Meaning you can make your own 40+ card deck but it must be out of 6 (eventually up to 9 if you unlock them) booster packs. To my knowledge those can be taken online.
I see. I wonder why they don't grant the freedom that the yugioh games do...
edit: I mean, yugioh's game grant me dozens of different booster packs for me to unlock.
Duels of the Planeswalkers isn't meant to fully simulate the Magic experience; if it did, it would be overlapping too much with Magic Online, so they try to keep things simple.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Wink waker HD will be easier since the WiiU control has more buttons to assign things to. I wonder if you can use the tingle tuner with the same or another control? :lol:
Anyway Majoras mask and Wind Waker are awesome.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote:Duels of the Planeswalkers isn't meant to fully simulate the Magic experience; if it did, it would be overlapping too much with Magic Online, so they try to keep things simple.
... wait, there's an online Magic game? Is it worth trying out?
I kinda want to try it again, even if just the basics. Pokemon TCG Online is waaaay too imbalanced in the current format TwT

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet wrote:Duels of the Planeswalkers isn't meant to fully simulate the Magic experience; if it did, it would be overlapping too much with Magic Online, so they try to keep things simple.
I guess I was spoiled by the yugioh games and wanted to demand the same thing from magic the gathering. I wish steam had magic online because of the paying methods (I refuse to use credit cards to pay for stuff online because of security issues. My brother-in-law had his credit card stolen twice and he doesn't buy from "shady" websites. At least he got his money back both times).
The paying method I like the m,ost is when I print the value, go to the bank and pay there. Plues, steam allows me to pay using my own currency. I would have to get a international credit card to pay for magic online.
On an unrelated note, does anyoen here play 2 worlds 2? I'm still at the beggining, but it's a fun game so far. I bought it on a dvd at a game store, but I heard there's a way to bind this same game to my steam account, is it true? Also, my biggest complaint so far is also my biggest complaint about alan wake (which I also haven't played much), which is thast the default camera sensibility causes a complete game seisure by the slightest mouse movement. I fixed it now, but imagine my surprise when the camera lost its control when I tried to move it. I didn't have this problem with Skyrim. But even at the minimal sensibility I still have camera issues with 2 worlds 2.
Also, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm thinking about going to the dark side and...buy the dlc for skyrim.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I officially HATE the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time. In my opinion it's worse than the Water Temple.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

My dear and beloved one,
I want to tell you that, despite that I don't know where you are, despite not knowing how much you are growing, despite not knowing if you will even be born, I wish you to be here, with me.
I want to hold you in my arms, I want to play with you, to laugh with you, to share our woes together, and live all the adventures I would not be able to experience deprived of you.
I want you to know that everything with you around would be made alright by your presence.
I want you to know that, despite only hearing rumors of you, and even though I may never live to see, I love you, and you hold a place in my dreams, forever.

Half-Life 2 Episode 3.....

We are still waiting.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Magic Online is 100% authentic Magic, but over a computer. Part of this, however, is that it's not free. Duels of the Planeswalkers is nice because once you buy it (it's very affordable anyway), it's yours. But if I'm going to pay for my cards, I'd rather play with real cards, hence why I don't play Magic Online. But for some people, playing the physical card game is not possible and Magic Online is the next best thing. For them, it's a very good option to have.

And apparently the Wind Waker remake will have a button to speed up sea travel. Yay!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Guess I'll have to give it up then. I do have Planeswalker 2013, but my old laptop is too outdated to be able to play it, so it's a lost cause. Maybe I'm just not meant to play Magic xD

Pokemon TCGO, while relatively cheaper, do require money for good cards, and I already blew quite a fortune on that game. @_@

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Torchlight is free on gog.com for the next 48 hours! For anyone that doesnt have it~
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sleet wrote:And apparently the Wind Waker remake will have a button to speed up sea travel. Yay!

That makes it too easy!
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

But those temples are the most fun!
Also note that the water temple was re-used in twilight princess, same place. Just as the fire temple in windwaker is just like inside death mountain in OoT.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

The Fire Temple is my least favorite, even in the face of the Tree Temple. I hate it when I'm crossing the bridge, and I accidentally cut a rope and fall to my doom in lava. >n<
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I like mucking about on bridges. I also got on top of Greatfish isle and got out of Hyrule undersea by using the hookshot and leaf. You can't see the islands that are above though.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's the exact same gameplay. Nothing is cut. You just can move a little faster.
kurowolfe wrote:Guess I'll have to give it up then. I do have Planeswalker 2013, but my old laptop is too outdated to be able to play it, so it's a lost cause. Maybe I'm just not meant to play Magic xD
Well, MTGO seems to be easier on the computer than DotP. And you can always move here and play with me in person! :D
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Tiggy wrote:Torchlight is free on gog.com for the next 48 hours! For anyone that doesnt have it~
...****, I bought that game like...3 or 4 days ago...
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Rico

Post by Rico »

angelusbr wrote:Brand news on Xbox one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooaN96SkheE
Firstly, love the guys in the audio, made me giggle!

Second, if this is true this is quite a big move for Microsoft.
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

I have to say I'm happy that Microsoft have gotten rid of most of the annoying stuff from the Xbox One. But weren't they saying that the always online and DRM and everything was necessary and great? They sure talked it up at E3 and then they just remove it? Step in the right direction but in my opinion Sony is still a couple of steps ahead.
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Rico

Post by Rico »

SkyeCaptain wrote:in my opinion Sony is still a couple of steps ahead.
I agree. Even after their release I'm going to hold off buying for a while until the hype starts to wear off and the dust settles. At this point anything could still change.
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

Also Sony gets Planetside 2 and the new Infamous. So...yeah.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

SkyeCaptain wrote:I have to say I'm happy that Microsoft have gotten rid of most of the annoying stuff from the Xbox One. But weren't they saying that the always online and DRM and everything was necessary and great? They sure talked it up at E3 and then they just remove it? Step in the right direction but in my opinion Sony is still a couple of steps ahead.
Have you seen the video about the Xbox Juan?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

No, but I have seen all the trailers of the new Smash Bros. (I see what you did there! :lol: )
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's definitely a good step for Microsoft but it's probably not going to keep them from being at a disadvantage.

And I've been keeping up on SSB too. I'm really excited and hoping to see new characters soon. :D
44R0NM10 wrote:
Tiggy wrote:Torchlight is free on gog.com for the next 48 hours! For anyone that doesnt have it~
Language...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think the change will likely make microsoft much more managable now, at least. However, i still wish there was a way to power down the machine with a power button.

Doesn't bother me anyway, but these days i'm just interested in hearing how consoles in the newer generations are going to run. I'm thinking my brother will play the consoles from now on while i sit back and just read up on them so that he stays in touch with them and doesn't do anything silly like buy 50+ games. *coughsmeandtheps2cough*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:That's definitely a good step for Microsoft but it's probably not going to keep them from being at a disadvantage.

And I've been keeping up on SSB too. I'm really excited and hoping to see new characters soon. :D
44R0NM10 wrote:
Language...
I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT THAT I'VE BEEN CHECKING THE SMASH BROS. WEBSITE EVERY DAY.

EXCITEMENT IN THE FORM OF CAPS.

Anywho, I'm actually just very interested in the WiiU's selection in the coming year or so, though I'll likely be getting SSB4 on the 3DS seeing as my boyfriend will be.

As for the other systems, I'm pretty excited for the PS3's 'The Last of Us' and the 'Tales of Symphonia Collection'. The PS4 is going to force me to get it because KINGDOM HEARTS 3, but I don't see it really happening until 2015 or at least the end of 2014, so I have time to wait. In terms of the Xbone, I'm not really interested in any of its exclusives, especially that new RARE game, since I haven't even played Goldeneye 64 or Banjo Kazooie. I'll stick with Wintendo and Sony, thanks.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

SkyeCaptain wrote:I have to say I'm happy that Microsoft have gotten rid of most of the annoying stuff from the Xbox One. But weren't they saying that the always online and DRM and everything was necessary and great? They sure talked it up at E3 and then they just remove it? Step in the right direction but in my opinion Sony is still a couple of steps ahead.
...I fail to understand the logic in that. I mean, they changed the 2 prime reasons people didn't want to get an Xbox One (you could say prime 3 reasons if you include how they've also allowed you to turn the Kinnect off whenever, and if you so desire, have it off at all times...although, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Microsoft ever said Kinnect was to be on 24/7). Seeing as how they've changed it all, how is Sony still a couple of steps ahead?

In my opinion, Sony and Microsoft are basically on the same step again. If anything, they're even closer given that it now costs money to play online with PS4 games.
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

44R0NM10 wrote:
...I fail to understand the logic in that. I mean, they changed the 2 prime reasons people didn't want to get an Xbox One (you could say prime 3 reasons if you include how they've also allowed you to turn the Kinnect off whenever, and if you so desire, have it off at all times...although, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Microsoft ever said Kinnect was to be on 24/7). Seeing as how they've changed it all, how is Sony still a couple of steps ahead?

In my opinion, Sony and Microsoft are basically on the same step again. If anything, they're even closer given that it now costs money to play online with PS4 games.
Well there's the fact that Microsoft still wanted DRM in the first place. The main thing for me is having to pay more for the Xbox one just to get the Kinect which I can't even use. Also the games on the PS4 appeal to me more.

Really the consoles seem a bit more even now, but the fact that the PS4 is cheaper as well as Sony not trying to enforce terrible business practices on us means I'm on their side. Although yeah I'd say that now both consoles will hold up pretty well.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

SkyeCaptain wrote:Well there's the fact that Microsoft still wanted DRM in the first place. The main thing for me is having to pay more for the Xbox one just to get the Kinect which I can't even use. Also the games on the PS4 appeal to me more.

Really the consoles seem a bit more even now, but the fact that the PS4 is cheaper as well as Sony not trying to enforce terrible business practices on us means I'm on their side. Although yeah I'd say that now both consoles will hold up pretty well.
I really don't understand why you're condemning Microsoft for something they never actually did, albeit they talked about it but changed their minds, but the other 2 are fair arguments. Saying all this, I don't know what I'll be going with.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Microsoft are just seeing how much they can get away with, if people dont complain about a aspect shown they will keep it. They will also add things people want implemented, which is good.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housefox wrote:I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT THAT I'VE BEEN CHECKING THE SMASH BROS. WEBSITE EVERY DAY.

Anywho, I'm actually just very interested in the WiiU's selection in the coming year or so, though I'll likely be getting SSB4 on the 3DS seeing as my boyfriend will be.

As for the other systems, I'm pretty excited for the PS3's 'The Last of Us' and the 'Tales of Symphonia Collection'. The PS4 is going to force me to get it because KINGDOM HEARTS 3, but I don't see it really happening until 2015 or at least the end of 2014, so I have time to wait. In terms of the Xbone, I'm not really interested in any of its exclusives, especially that new RARE game, since I haven't even played Goldeneye 64 or Banjo Kazooie. I'll stick with Wintendo and Sony, thanks.
But then we can't play SSB4 together waaah. :(

Tales of Symphonia Collection has me somewhat excited for PS4 backwards compatibility. I'm pretty much sold on never owning a PS3 but I may get a PS4 partially to play the games like this and Ni No Kuni.
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

44R0NM10 wrote:
I really don't understand why you're condemning Microsoft for something they never actually did, albeit they talked about it but changed their minds, but the other 2 are fair arguments. Saying all this, I don't know what I'll be going with.
It's not really something that I take into consideration when comparing the consoles but the fact that Microsoft were happy to use DRM and everything, as well as the fact that if they got their way the Xbone would still have it, makes me look less kindly on Microsoft. At least now the two consoles are much closer which could lead to some interesting competition.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Can't deny, it would be quite frustrating if Microsoft does make it so you need to go online once a day or something. I mean, they literally have the technology I guess...wouldn't be hard to put it in the machines for the future.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:
Tha Housefox wrote:I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT THAT I'VE BEEN CHECKING THE SMASH BROS. WEBSITE EVERY DAY.

But then we can't play SSB4 together waaah. :(

Tales of Symphonia Collection has me somewhat excited for PS4 backwards compatibility. I'm pretty much sold on never owning a PS3 but I may get a PS4 partially to play the games like this and Ni No Kuni.
I don't believe the PS4 IS backwards-compatible. And sorry, but you're less important than the boyfriend. :<
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It won't be immediately but I think they said they're working on it having it eventually.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I need a PS4. For Kingdom Hearts 3.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Duster

Post by Duster »

hypernovatic wrote:I need a PS4. For Kingdom Hearts 3.
Y'know I said the exact same thing when I heard that it was coming out! There's a select few games out there that's compelling enough to make me want to buy a new console, The Kingdom Hearts series is among those games.
Kingdom Hearts was one of the first series that I actually stayed up all night to play. I powered through KH2 in two and a half days. That said I can't wait for this one to be released!

I also heard that KH3 will not be console exclusive to the playstation anymore, they are also making it available for the XBOX ONE. I'm really not sure how I feel about this Change in philosophy, but then again I'm more of an " independent gamer" when it come to the whole console wars scene. I mean if your company's console has a game I really want to play then more likely than not I'm going to eventually buy your console to play said game. When games become multiplatform then it becomes more of a matter of opinion, taste, aesthetics and familiarity( also price if you're cheap like me :lol: ).

I really wish there was more games that I like to play for the Wii-U, so far SS4 is the only thing that's appealing to me. I used to really like Nintendo exclusive games but that kinda changed for me after the N64 console went the way of the Do-Do. Do any of you have suggestions for Wii-U games?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Super Mario 3D World looks awesome. Bayonetta 2 is also looking pretty sweet.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Duster wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:I need a PS4. For Kingdom Hearts 3.
I also heard that KH3 will not be console exclusive to the playstation anymore, they are also making it available for the XBOX ONE.
My mind is now blown. :shock:
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

No one makes PC games anymore. : (
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.