Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cerberusx

Re: Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

Post by Cerberusx »

Doesn't matter which way you look at it. This King arc is going to be EPIC! And with that "lady killer" bit thrown in there, will make for an intresting confrintation of sorts, considering King still can't/wont except being a dog and live with 'hand' he is delt with.
I got to say, I think the King arcs are the ones, we like the most. I know I sure do. :mrgreen:
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

First off, yay King's back! :3

Second, I feel stupid for not getting the alt text. =(
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they're doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. - Randall Munroe

My Steam account.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Jersey wrote:First off, yay King's back! :3

Second, I feel stupid for not getting the alt text. =(
pant pant :P
more then one, so there pants, and there are two of them, so there are a pair of pents.

Fox just said king has a pretty face while panting...O_o "runs away"
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Ya know, I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but now that I think about it, this whole situation with King is reminding me of that one old show on Nickelodeon. That one show where the school bully was turned in to a dog and he had to do 100 good deeds to become human again? I know the circumstances aren't exactly the same, but they just seem similar to me.
Liam

Post by Liam »

As long as Fox isn't the Diego of the duo I'm okay with that set-up.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Oh my, heavens no! That wouldn't end very well.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I am so excited to see where this arc is headed ^^
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

*Dance dance dance*
Hooray, I'm looking forward to this arc! :D

As far as the KingxSasha thing goes, I feel a little odd about that, what with him being, of sorts, human. I think what might result, if not with Sasha then with any other female dog, is that he avoids getting into that kind of relationship ([Insert much embarassed pulling away from attempted kisses here]) and then has to deal with [insert prospective female character here] thinking they're not attractive, or even maybe thinking that King doesn't swing that way. Hell, maybe people will start to suspect KingxFox... Not saying King or Fox do feel that way, but that doesn't mean other characters won't think that o_0

Also, having the pets talking while panting looks very odd XD
Just thought I'd mention that.
arcict

Post by arcict »

Oh for crying out...

I love this one. Not only is King in a situation not to make more enemies (or risk further alienation with a certain self centered controlling pup with a penchant for explosive runes, I mean catnip) but we explore more of the dilemas of being a dog.

I am trying to push myself away from King, he is just too likeable as a character and I think Rick got a bit too much fan attraction towards that character when the main characters are being pushed aside a bit. Kinda like in Bob and George where everyone likes Megaman but he's not even a title character.

I can certainly feel some connection to his situation though, all throughout highschool all I could try to do was to try and get other people to just leave me alone rather then try to form meaningful relationships with them. I can tell you, it doesn't go anywhere good and I wonder when/if King's going to make his turn around.

Also the idea of a personal "torture" of "oh crap now even my face is trying to get me into trouble" is humerous to me.

I actually like that I didn't get the alternate text until after reading through the page twice, it made it all the more humerous when I finally did get it.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

sliceofdog wrote:*Dance dance dance*
Hooray, I'm looking forward to this arc! :D

As far as the KingxSasha thing goes, I feel a little odd about that, what with him being, of sorts, human. I think what might result, if not with Sasha then with any other female dog, is that he avoids getting into that kind of relationship ([Insert much embarassed pulling away from attempted kisses here]) and then has to deal with [insert prospective female character here] thinking they're not attractive, or even maybe thinking that King doesn't swing that way. ****, maybe people will start to suspect KingxFox... Not saying King or Fox do feel that way, but that doesn't mean other characters won't think that o_0
Far as as the paring go, even though I myself an a King/Sasha shipper, lets keep in mind that nothing lasts forever, and that is King. So its possible that King may go back to Joel, depending on how things go. This arc will be interesting, good for a character development. Yeah sooner or later King will have to "change" sort of speak by being around with other dogs on a daily basis rather than latching on to Fox, which brings me the attention of the King/Fox Ship, lets not go there..... The "change" I talking about is that, well okay King have his same personally but rather interact with other dogs and or cats. (Joey and Sasha is a good start).
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

If King turns into a human again, I'm going to be sad...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dr. Prower wrote:If King turns into a human again, I'm going to be sad...
why?
He could end up being Sasha's new Dad. Hooray!
(Though I still root for KING+Sasha)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

valerio wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:If King turns into a human again, I'm going to be sad...
why?
...whoa, you're right! Sasha needs a new daddy, and he could be it. I never saw it that way...
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

why?
That'd be very nice, don't get me wrong, but not really possible. Let's not forget that Fox, all the K-9 unit and Fox's Dad (Can't remember his name at the moment. Bill I think?) know what Joel looks like. If he turns back into a human, he'll need to come up with one heck of an explanation or high tail it out of there.
I don't think Joel adopting Sasha is on the table really :(
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

sliceofdog wrote: That'd be very nice, don't get me wrong, but not really possible. Let's not forget that Fox, all the K-9 unit and Fox's Dad (Can't remember his name at the moment. Bill I think?) know what Joel looks like. If he turns back into a human, he'll need to come up with one heck of an explanation or high tail it out of there.

Not if Pete can do something to fix that. Chances are, he probably erase minds about the whole thing. However, I myself don't see that happening. So why I posted that? Just an theory.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Barkeron wrote:
sliceofdog wrote: That'd be very nice, don't get me wrong, but not really possible. Let's not forget that Fox, all the K-9 unit and Fox's Dad (Can't remember his name at the moment. Bill I think?) know what Joel looks like. If he turns back into a human, he'll need to come up with one heck of an explanation or high tail it out of there.

Not if Pete can do something to fix that. Chances are, he probably erase minds about the whole thing. However, I myself don't see that happening. So why I posted that? Just an theory.
Yes this could happen (Like I've said a few times before) Its very likely due to the fact that Pete does not think that Jail will do Joel any good.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

sliceofdog wrote: maybe people will start to suspect KingxFox... Not saying King or Fox do feel that way, but that doesn't mean other characters won't think that o_0
I can guarantee you now that won't happen. :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

IceKitsune wrote: Yes this could happen (Like I've said a few times before) Its very likely due to the fact that Pete does not think that Jail will do Joel any good.

Yeah but at same time, I'm a bit fuzzy on Pete's intentions of turning Joel in to King, but however you do have a point there about Pete not thinking that Jail won't do Joel any good.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Barkeron wrote:
IceKitsune wrote: Yes this could happen (Like I've said a few times before) Its very likely due to the fact that Pete does not think that Jail will do Joel any good.

Yeah but at same time, I'm a bit fuzzy on Pete's intentions of turning Joel in to King, but however you do have a point there about Pete not thinking that Jail won't do Joel any good.
Maybe Pete just wants a pet :P
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

sliceofdog wrote: maybe people will start to suspect KingxFox... Not saying King or Fox do feel that way, but that doesn't mean other characters won't think that o_0

Oh and why were at it, why not throw Pete/King into the mix as well. Okay guys I just joking, so don't jump on me. :P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Barkeron wrote:

Well to tell the truth we're fuzzy on Pete's intentions for anything really. I mean I don't even think we really know what he is exactly (unless Rick told us somewhere and I'm not aware of it.) The best I can come up with for Pete turning Joel into King is to teach him a lesson like he said when he first turned changed him.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

IceKitsune wrote: Well to tell the truth we're fuzzy on Pete's intentions for anything really. I mean I don't even think we really know what he is exactly (unless Rick told us somewhere and I'm not aware of it.) The best I can come up with for Pete turning Joel into King is to teach him a lesson like he said when he first turned changed him.

I guessing Rick will surprise us some where down the line. And yeah I just stick with the reason why Pete turn Joel into King is to teach him some kind of lesson. I going to sit back and see how this arc does. Like I said in other post, it would be great so see some character development, and that character I mean King and another character.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Don46 wrote:Ya know, I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but now that I think about it, this whole situation with King is reminding me of that one old show on Nickelodeon. That one show where the school bully was turned in to a dog and he had to do 100 good deeds to become human again? I know the circumstances aren't exactly the same, but they just seem similar to me.
You mean 100 Good Deeds of Eddie McDowd? That was the first thing I thought of when I first read "It's a Wonderful Dog's Life," but this is SO much better than that show was. I liked the premise of the show and the first episode, but beyond that I just couldn't watch it.

Anyway, Joel/King is NO Eddie McDowd (thank goodness!).
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Don46 wrote:Ya know, I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but now that I think about it, this whole situation with King is reminding me of that one old show on Nickelodeon. That one show where the school bully was turned in to a dog and he had to do 100 good deeds to become human again? I know the circumstances aren't exactly the same, but they just seem similar to me.
You mean 100 Good Deeds of Eddie McDowd? That was the first thing I thought of when I first read "It's a Wonderful Dog's Life," but this is SO much better than that show was. I liked the premise of the show and the first episode, but beyond that I just couldn't watch it.

Anyway, Joel/King is NO Eddie McDowd (thank goodness!).
That show was so bad I can't even believe I gave it a chance back when it was on. I agree with you on the premise of the show it was interesting (and in a way with King where getting it how it should have been done in the show, at least somewhat) Oh and its called 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd (I looked it up on Wikipeda to refresh my memory of the show because I had completely forgotten about it.)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I have no idea what show you guys are talking about. When was it on?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dr. Prower wrote:I have no idea what show you guys are talking about. When was it on?
1999-2002, apparently. (And thanks, IceKitsune!)
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Ah, that explains it. I remember very little from 2003 back.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I just remembered that King used to be human. Every time i think Kiing now, i think adorable corgi not kidnapping human.
OMG I just remembered that Joel tried to kidnap Fox and it's ironic that now Fox is the only one he talks to!

I've never felt so disappointed in my memory before.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I liked it and I'm looking forward to seeing more. The conversations on this are weird.....
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I know...
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

arcict wrote: I think Rick got a bit too much fan attraction towards that character when the main characters are being pushed aside a bit.
In part, yes, but the Christmas arc was only 12 comics long and started a longer story arc; I thought I was spreading things out rather nicely
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hi Rick! You're awesome! I can't wait until the next strip! Yay King! Yay Fox! Yay other characters who may or may not show up in this arc, but judging by Fox's words, Sasha or another female character will most likely be in it! Yay them!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Let's face it, no matter which way the arc goes, we're gonna love it, am I right?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

This arc is probably going to go in a real weird direction for everyone.

No I won't explain what I mean by that. Three weeks to July 4!
The Game

Post by The Game »

ctcmjh wrote:Hi Rick! You're awesome! I can't wait until the next strip! Yay King! Yay Fox! Yay other characters who may or may not show up in this arc, but judging by Fox's words, Sasha or another female character will most likely be in it! Yay them!
you are waaaay to happy. :) stop drinking so mcuh coffee :lol:
rickgriffin wrote:
arcict wrote: I think Rick got a bit too much fan attraction towards that character when the main characters are being pushed aside a bit.
In part, yes, but the Christmas arc was only 12 comics long and started a longer story arc; I thought I was spreading things out rather nicely
you are spreading it out nicely.
was the chhristmas arc really 12 strips? it felt shorter then that....
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

It was 13 strips--I counted.
PF chars

--Phoenix

rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

ChewyChewy wrote:It was 13 strips--I counted.
Okay 13, I was going by Buck's reckoning
The Game

Post by The Game »

rickgriffin wrote:This arc is probably going to go in a real weird direction for everyone.

we have to wait 3 weeks for the end of this arc! are you trying to make us explode???
ChewyChewy wrote:It was 13 strips--I counted.
really? huh, who woulda guessd it
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

rickgriffin wrote:This arc is probably going to go in a real weird direction for everyone.

Oh man, as if I wasn't anxious enough to see where it goes!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This intrigues me quite a bit. Now I'm even more interested then before about this arc. (And I was already pretty interested to begin with, It being the King arc and all.) And wow Three weeks of King this is going to be real fun.