HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Esper »

Mercury's ears perked up, "I've always wanted to make a sweater!" he joked to Rusty, padding up to the little dog to rummage with him
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

'I didn't mean it like that! And no, I can't tell. I've never smelled squirrel before. For all I knew they could just as easily have smelled of skunk." Flynn cringes at the sound of the splintering wood.
"What are you breaking up there?" Hearing Rusty and Mercury, he looks up from the box of old clothes he's been rummaging through and pulls out a lacy, black ladies' bonnet and puts it on. "'Course I don't knit. What do I look like to you, an old lady or something?" he jokes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hey, guys I found a computer!" Ryze stated. "Wow, it's REALLY heavy."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Marine Fox wrote: "Guess they heard the commotion"
He said out loud but to himself.
"well consider how *ahem* loud I was , wouldn't be surprised , say Doc , would you like to tag along ? You know in case I somehow ......errrrr..." Nadia just kinda trailed off there , the fox usually not the kind to admit the possibility that they can make mistake , like , ever , but still , better safe than sorry
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

curious at what everyone is finding he quickly hurries over to the group still wearing the hat. Can in hand he comes to a rest near Ryze with cane still in paw. "Looks like it's an old Alair computer, the type that windows was made on."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Cool! Hey, what's that?" Ryze replied, stepping over boxes toward a sheet covering a giant unidentifiable shape.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Somehow Senka found herself standing outside the barn, looking out over the fields of grass. There sure was a lot of room on this side of the fence. Not that there wasn't in the forest. She looked over at the neighboring wilderness, then at the fence between them. It's strange how something that's not even a foot thick can make a world of a difference. Walking over to a turf of grass she sat down, her gaze lingering across the way at its more... unruly cousins.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky had made it down from the shelf, albeit with a few bruises. He stumbled over to Ryyn with a box on his head. "An old computer, huh?" he said, his voice muffled, "I wonder if still works."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:Nadia grinned , then opened Rocky's stall "well you don't expect me to learn how to ride a horse inside a stall do you ? And I doubt Mrs.Kandi would allow either one of us to do that , so might as well make a run for it and find somewhere to practice ourselves , before she comes back"
Rocky makes his way slowly out of his stall, into the corral.
I'll give it a try..
Marine Fox wrote: "Guess they heard the commotion"
He said out loud but to himself.
serence ice fox wrote:"well consider how *ahem* loud I was , wouldn't be surprised , say Doc , would you like to tag along ? You know in case I somehow ......errrrr..." Nadia just kinda trailed off there , the fox usually not the kind to admit the possibility that they can make mistake , like , ever , but still , better safe than sorry

Moonbeam watched the cougar come out and sit in the grass.
Then the fox let Rocky out of his stall?
Huh what happen, you two got friendly all of a sudden.
She wants to try to ride on me..
Barebacking?? She that good at riding on beasts like us?
Umm is that bad thing to do?
Just nothing for your rider to hold onto but your mane, which will get pulled out when they fall off.
ummm
This is going to be fun to watch!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:"well consider how *ahem* loud I was , wouldn't be surprised , say Doc , would you like to tag along ? You know in case I somehow ......errrrr..." Nadia just kinda trailed off there , the fox usually not the kind to admit the possibility that they can make mistake , like , ever , but still , better safe than sorry
Doc looked over and thought about it for a second before he gave it a shrug
"Sure"
He then started towards them though after he had gotten out of the barn and into the open area he spotted the lioness from before just sitting out in the grass(OOC:I'm not sure if the area she is at is within view, correct me if I'm wrong), he knew it must be hard for such a rapid change and it couldn't be easy, at least it wasn't for him when he switched from wild life to Human life, he looked back at Nadia and Rocky
"Actually I think i'll catch up with you guys later, if you're dying or paralyzed just holler.....that is unless paralysis is keeping you from speaking. Then uhh er nevermind."
He let out a light chuckle as he realized he was losing track, he gave a little wave goodbye for now and started toward the lioness quietly walking up beside her hoping to not be too intrusive.
"Are you doing alright? You know with the change in scenery?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, cool. Are the cord and serial terminal there too?" Looking at Lucky, Flynn has to suppress a laugh. "Whatcha got in the box, Lucky? Aside from yourself, that is?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: "Actually I think i'll catch up with you guys later, if you're dying or paralyzed just holler.....that is unless paralysis is keeping you from speaking. Then uhh er nevermind."
oh for the love of...and I thought Josh was the worst jinx ever , geez Nadia thought , but still nodded politely at Doc , don't want to get on the bad side of a medic ,where she came from , they're notorious for fixing you up in the most painful way possible if they hate you, using that "it's for your own good" excuse , not to mention , this one is a wolf !
Keeshah wrote:
Huh what happen, you two got friendly all of a sudden.
She wants to try to ride on me..
Barebacking?? She that good at riding on beasts like us?
Umm is that bad thing to do?
Just nothing for your rider to hold onto but your mane, which will get pulled out when they fall off.
ummm
This is going to be fun to watch!
"oh would you just stop , my day's been bad enough without you jinx it , thank you very much ! Beside..."
She said . while trying to climb on Rocky without hurting him , which is insanely hard since there's literally nothing to hang on to , well there was his mane , but grabbing it would probably hurt Rocky , and that idiot Moonbeam would be right , so no !She did it eventually though.
"we're just gonna start slow , walking around for Rocky and I to get used to this , not like anything's gonna happen . "
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm?". Senka turned around to see Doc walk up to her.
"Oh, hey wolf...err, Doc.". She corrected. The mountain lion repositioned herself so that she was facing the canine. She gave an affirmative nod.
"Yeah... I'm fine.". She answered, her head turned back to look at the wilderness just outside the boundaries of the farm. A small smile formed on her muzzle, comforted by the fact she could see it.
"It's not like I moved that far.".
Suddenly self-conscious of her facial expression she dropped it, glancing back at the wolf and clearing her throat.
"Yeah. I'm okay.". She put on a smirk, picking at some of the grass on the ground with her paws
"I'm not sure if it's greener on the this side but, it sure is a lot less... wild.". Pointing out the uniform height and spread of the grass in the field. For a silent minute she rolled the thin strands until they were clumps in her hands.
"Hey... can I ask you something?"

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: She said . while trying to climb on Rocky without hurting him , which is insanely hard since there's literally nothing to hang on to , well there was his mane , but grabbing it would probably hurt Rocky , and that idiot Moonbeam would be right , so no !She did it eventually though.
"we're just gonna start slow , walking around for Rocky and I to get used to this , not like anything's gonna happen . "

Moonbeam giggles for a bit watching the fox trying to jump up on the tall horse..
Rocky go stand by the fence so she can use it like a ladder, to get up on you.. Can believe neither of you two though of that, or had a plan on how to get the fox up upon you.
Rocky wanders over to stand next to the fence.
I'm still new to doing this..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:"Hmm?". Senka turned around to see Doc walk up to her.
"Oh, hey wolf...err, Doc.". She corrected. The mountain lion repositioned herself so that she was facing the canine. She gave an affirmative nod.
"Yeah... I'm fine.". She answered, her head turned back to look at the wilderness just outside the boundaries of the farm. A small smile formed on her muzzle, comforted by the fact she could see it.
"It's not like I moved that far.".
Suddenly self-conscious of her facial expression she dropped it, glancing back at the wolf and clearing her throat.
"Yeah. I'm okay.". She put on a smirk, picking at some of the grass on the ground with her paws
"I'm not sure if it's greener on the this side but, it sure is a lot less... wild.". Pointing out the uniform height and spread of the grass in the field. For a silent minute she rolled the thin strands until they were clumps in her hands.
"Hey... can I ask you something?"
Doc smiled and looked at Senka mentally agreeing with her about the grass and wilderness.
"Go for it"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Moonbeam giggles for a bit watching the fox trying to jump up on the tall horse..
Rocky go stand by the fence so she can use it like a ladder, to get up on you.. Can believe neither of you two though of that, or had a plan on how to get the fox up upon you.
Rocky wanders over to stand next to the fence.
I'm still new to doing this..
" Well excuse us for not thinking about everything the first time we try" The fox sarcastically answered , finally got up to Rocky's back "alright , let's try walking around a bit , maybe just a little bit fast for the start alright Rock ?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: I'm still new to doing this..
" Well excuse us for not thinking about everything the first time we try" The fox sarcastically answered , finally got up to Rocky's back "alright , let's try walking around a bit , maybe just a little bit fast for the start alright Rock ?"

Rocky trembles and shakes as the predator climbs up into his back.. he grits his teeth and fight off the urge to buck her off, just like those training bags, that were to get him used to having things on his back..
i I'm only up to walking right now.. but i wanna run! I wanna run soooo bad! I must be as crazy loco as Moonbeam for trying this..
Rocky walks away from the fence. his body swaying side to side, and moving up and back, seemingly at the same time.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, skunks and squirrels don't smell anything alike. Skunk's kinda nice, in small doses. Just don't scare 'em, pheeee-you."

*crunch*

"It's OK, it's just the roof under the roof, it's already full of holes for the pipes and vents and wires and stuff! Ow! Hey, that should be insulated! Hang on a second, I gotta fix something... you got any electrical tape down there?"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, but I think dad has some in the house. Hang on!" Flynn disappears momentarily and then returns with half a roll of electrical tape. "Got it!" he calls up, then deciding to try his hand at climbing, put the tape between his teeth and grabs onto the rope. Using the knots as purchase he manages to make it halfway up before he slips down a few feet, burning his paws. A muffled, pained exclamation can be heard around the tape.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

The pine marten adds insult to injury by climbing down head-first, and hanging on by his hind-claws while he shuffles around in his shoulder-bag and sticks the electrical tape in it.

"And while I'm thinking about it you really oughta replace the wiring for the air-handler on this side because it's all aluminum and the house is copper and you don't want to mix them like that it's a really sloppy job and a wonder the place hasn't burned down by now! Looks like it needs about a hundred meters of nine-gauge, you could probably make do with twelve-gauge, but I'd go with nine if it's two-twenty. Felt like two-twenty, now I think of it, so definitely nine-gauge."

By the time Cinnamon's done in the attic John will have a to-do list a yard long, and he hasn't even broken anything yet! Well, except for the fascia, and it's not really broken, and it was like that already.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Rocky trembles and shakes as the predator climbs up into his back.. he grits his teeth and fight off the urge to buck her off, just like those training bags, that were to get him used to having things on his back..
i I'm only up to walking right now.. but i wanna run! I wanna run soooo bad! I must be as crazy loco as Moonbeam for trying this..
Rocky walks away from the fence. his body swaying side to side, and moving up and back, seemingly at the same time.
Nadia wasn't even settled down when Rocky start shaking like an earth quake , and the fox had to wrap her arms around his neck and hold on for dear life , then , using her most gentle tone possible (which sadly wasn't that much because "gentle" wasn't exactly her strong point) , Nadia tried to whisper and calm Rock down , while running one of her paw down his mane "ROCky ! Rocky do-don't be scared ok ? It's alright ,it's alright , I'm your friend , so I won't hurt you , I promise . You're not under my control or anything , see ? You're much bigger and stronger than I am , and because I'm on your back , you can easily throw me off anytime you want to , so I should be the one to worry about , not you . Beside , I need you Rock , I want to learn how to ride a horse , and I need you to teach me , and because of that , I will never hurt you , please trust me , ok? You're going to be fine , just calm down."
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Is there enough room up there for a human to get in to do it? That might have something to do with why the power was switched off over here. Maybe the old owner was going to do it and never got around to it." Flynn gingerly lets himself back down the rope, nursing his burnt paws. Best leave the climbing to the experts, he thinks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't know, have to look at the rest of the wiring, it's going back through the old roof next to the duct, I think I can squee..."

*crunch*

"No, I can't get through there yet. Who tightened these bolts, a gorilla? I'm outta shape, I tell you. Gonna take a break."

And then silence, and after a minute a regular whistling sound, like the snores of a small sleeping animal.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sixtoes? Sixtoes? CINNAMON?" calls Flynn. Getting no response and hearing the whistling, he shrugs. "Ah well, he'll talk again when he's ready. Back to the searching then. What have you found over there, Ryze?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Was it easy?". She asked. Her confidence seemed to slightly wane. Her ears lowered, as if embarrassed by the question. Her tail curled tightly around her.
"Adjusting to the change I mean."

Ref Ref!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, cool. Are the cord and serial terminal there too?" Looking at Lucky, Flynn has to suppress a laugh. "Whatcha got in the box, Lucky? Aside from yourself, that is?"
"Not much." replied Lucky. He tried to pull it off and found it was stuck. He stumbled around pulling and finally managed to get it off but he tripped and fell into a pile of boxes. He heard some rumbling and looked up to see a large box fall of the shelf and hit him on the head. It bounced off but left Lucky knocked silly. "At least it didn't get stuck on my head this time." he said dizzily.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn runs over. "Are you OK? That was quite a knock. I do hope nothing is damaged - you or the boxes." He holds a paw in front of Lucky's face and moves it in a wide arc from side to side, all the while watching the other rabbit's eyes. "Follow my paw with your eyes for me... Good... You're not concussed at all." He helps Lucky back to his feet. "Perhaps you should stick with the boxes at ground level from now on." he suggests. "How did you manage to get that box stuck on your head anyway?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Does anything that happen to me surprise you anymore?" asked Lucky dusting himself off.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yes. It surprises me that you don't get injured." laughs Flynn.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Ryze threw off the sheet. "Guys, I found a car!" She exclaimed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn turns to look and his jaw drops. "No. Way. That is gorgeous!" The car is a deep reddish-purple with black roof and trimmings, white wheel rims and chrome door handles. The interior is furnished with plush leather and the dashboard is real wood. Flynn can't believe his eyes. He runs his paw over the smooth body, admiring the polish. "She's been taken good care of, that's for sure."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"Woah..." Rusty said, looking up from rummaging at the newly revealed car. "It's shiny!"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Grows wide eye at the nice car. Curiously he opens the door and climbs into it before resting in the driver seat. "Hey guys look I'm a human" He sticks his head out the window acting like he's driving.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:"Was it easy?". She asked. Her confidence seemed to slightly wane. Her ears lowered, as if embarrassed by the question. Her tail curled tightly around her.
"Adjusting to the change I mean."
Doc thought for a second trying to recall how everything was when he left with the humans after a moment he lost his smile but he wasn't sad or angry but just neutral and in thought.
"It was... a struggle at times. But it just takes time to adjust and familiarize yourself with the people and their items of comfort."
Doc saw her tail and noticed her ears and he took a second before speaking again
"But everyone here wants to help you, even the humans. They want to make the transition easy and fun, and i'm sure along the ride you'll find things that you enjoy about the humans"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn's eyes widen as he sees Ryyn climb behind the wheel and start pretending to drive. "Be careful, Ryyn. See that pedal there on the floor? Don't touch it - it'll start the engine and then who knows where you'll end up!"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka nodded.
"That's good... I guess.". Her voice sounded flat and expressionless, and her demeanor didn't change. The truth was, it didn't really matter what the wolf's answer to that question was. She looked up at the wolf standing next to her with curious and slightly worried eyes.
"And... How hard is it... To go back?". There was weight behind those words, fear maybe?

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:Senka nodded.
"That's good... I guess.". Her voice sounded flat and expressionless, and her demeanor didn't change. The truth was, it didn't really matter what the wolf's answer to that question was. She looked up at the wolf standing next to her with curious and slightly worried eyes.
"And... How hard is it... To go back?". There was weight behind those words, fear maybe?
Doc was stumped slightly by her question, he's thought of going back but he didn't really think of going back to be really hard.
"Going back? Well I guess."
He thought for a second, thinking about how pampered an animal living humans can get.
"I suppose going back to hunting and scavenging for food and making your own shelter is difficult to learn again but for the most part I think those things are built in us, like instinct. But I think you need to know truly what you want, do you truly want to be here? Among Humans and pets?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka shrugged.
"Welll, I figure that I might see what it's like, y'know, curiosity, see what the other side's like.". She stood up, brushing loose grass out of her fur.
"Maybe you were right. The humans aren't all too bad. Kandi let me watch some teevee. The pets are nice enough. Horses act alittle funny. I'm not sure if that fox is crazy or not.". She grinned, punching the wolf in the shoulder.
"Your not too shabby yourself.". She nodded her head.
"But yeah, I'll give it a chance.". She turned her head, raising an eyebrow as she watched Nadia awkwardly ride Rocky.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:Senka shrugged.
"Welll, I figure that I might see what it's like, y'know, curiosity, see what the other side's like.". She stood up, brushing loose grass out of her fur.
"Maybe you were right. The humans aren't all too bad. Kandi let me watch some teevee. The pets are nice enough. Horses act alittle funny. I'm not sure if that fox is crazy or not.". She grinned, punching the wolf in the shoulder.
"Your not too shabby yourself.". She nodded her head.
"But yeah, I'll give it a chance.". She turned her head, raising an eyebrow as she watched Nadia awkwardly ride Rocky.
Doc smiled then again sort of went back to a neutral look, not sure if it would be the same as it was for him but a warning would be polite.
"I'm flattered but be careful, don't make the same mistakes I did."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Mistake?". Senka turned back to face Doc.
"What mistake?".

Ref Ref!