HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rhyzer

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Rhyzer »

As most of the group had conversed within itself, Travis simply sat to enjoy her bowl of kibble. She sat peacefully next to Mercury, modest and quiet, with the only exception of when she said, "Thank you," to John beforehand.

Surveying about her surroundings as she ate with proper etiquette, Travis' glace ran serenely from one animal to the other; from Lucky to Zanna, and Flynn to Koa, she simply observed their overall behavior.

<< OOC - Sorry for the short post there. >>
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I would suggest swimming in the river, but that only half worked out well last time." Mercury purred between bites
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, I think I'll avoid that this time. Besides, I hate getting my fur wet - it goes curly and takes too long to dry out again. There's got to be something else we can do in this town." replies Flynn.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:
Marine Fox wrote:Doc made sure his bag was good and with an appreciative nod to the Human he started out of the stall
serence ice fox wrote:"oh hey , you're back , found the wolf's bag yet ?"
Doc came out and around to hear Nadia's question he walked around, still adjusting his bag and replied calmly and deliberately
"Yep"
"ok then , now that's taken care of , anybody have any plans for today cause I got nothing"

You could make a nest in the hay, an take a nap for a while. Since your falling over cause your so sleepies.
Roarin wrote:Senka shook her head and shrugged
"Nah, I wasn't tracking anyone yesterday. It was probably the other cougar. The loud things took her too."

loud things? what are loud things? an why are they taking all the cougars away?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote: You could make a nest in the hay, an take a nap for a while. Since your falling over cause your so sleepies.
Nadia wave her paw up and down lazily "nah I'm fine , who sleep in a nice day like this anyway , beside it's not like I can have a good sleep if I wanted to"
Keeshah wrote: loud things? what are loud things? an why are they taking all the cougars away?
"It's the stuff human use to fly around in the sky , big metal noisy things , and they're taking the cougars away 'cause they think they could tell other animals where they can or can't live , but like I said...." she turned to Senka "....those 2 cougars're gonna be fine , might need a little time for them to fit in the new place wherever they ended up , but eventually they'll be fine ,I'm a bit more worry about you though" she said , pointed one of her claws at the cougar
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "It's the stuff human use to fly around in the sky , big metal noisy things , and they're taking the cougars away 'cause they think they could tell other animals where they can or can't live , but like I said...." she turned to Senka "....those 2 cougars're gonna be fine , might need a little time for them to fit in the new place wherever they ended up , but eventually they'll be fine ,I'm a bit more worry about you though" she said , pointed one of her claws at the cougar

up above the pets heads, there is the sounds of stuff being moved around on the floor of what should be the hay loft.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, I don't think swimming in the river is a good idea." Ryze said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

"um we could maybe play fetch but then again a lot of you guys probably aren't able to so um forget I said that, sorry." He begins to fiddle slightly with his digits as he listens to them come up with ideas.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:
up above the pets heads, there is the sounds of stuff being moved around on the floor of what should be the hay loft.
"uhmm...Moonbeam? what's up there ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn remembers something. "I know! We could hunt through the garage and the loft above it. I didn't get to see much of it yesterday but there's all kinds of cool junk in there. And I can show you that kennel too, Ryyn."
John agrees. "I think that's a good idea. You can see if any of that stuff is still salvageable or useable. I'm told the previous owner hadn't been in there for years and after he passed away most of his stuff was shifted in there so who knows what you might find? Just be careful that you don't bring any piles down on top of yourselves. I'll switch on the circuit breaker for it so you have some light and I'll see if I can get that rusty old door open so you can have some air. That's if you guys want to go rooting about in there, of course. Meantime, Joan and I will finish the last of the unpacking. This place is finally starting to feel like its ours now that all our stuff's here."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Do you know, if the previous owners had any construction materials like wood or tools?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I did see some tools in there when I was in there yesterday. There's probably some wood somewhere too but we'll have to have a look-see." replies Flynn.
"And I brought most of my tools with me. But what do you want them for, Koa?" asks John.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:
Keeshah wrote:
Doc stuck around with the others, occasionally checking his bag to make sure everything was fine inside until he heard what the others did up in the hay stalls. He looked up seeing nothing and then back to Moonbeam for an answer.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:
Keeshah wrote:
Doc stuck around with the others, occasionally checking his bag to make sure everything was fine inside until he heard what the others did up in the hay stalls. He looked up seeing nothing and then back to Moonbeam for an answer.

Moonbeam looks up at the ceiling, listening to the thumping and scraping sounds coming from above.
I don't know whats up there. This is my first time being in here..
Listening to more thumping an dragging noises.
but normally hay and feed drop down from above. but there are no chutes leading to these stalls from above..
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I have a little project that I want to do." Koa said leaving out a lot of details.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"hm.....so what do you think guys should we check it out ?"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Hlaoroo wrote:Flynn remembers something. "I know! We could hunt through the garage and the loft above it. I didn't get to see much of it yesterday but there's all kinds of cool junk in there. And I can show you that kennel too, Ryyn."
John agrees. "I think that's a good idea. You can see if any of that stuff is still salvageable or useable. I'm told the previous owner hadn't been in there for years and after he passed away most of his stuff was shifted in there so who knows what you might find? Just be careful that you don't bring any piles down on top of yourselves. I'll switch on the circuit breaker for it so you have some light and I'll see if I can get that rusty old door open so you can have some air. That's if you guys want to go rooting about in there, of course. Meantime, Joan and I will finish the last of the unpacking. This place is finally starting to feel like its ours now that all our stuff's here."
Ryyn mulls over the two ideas for a moment. Both sounded fun and surely they could do both but what one should be first? "Hmm I say that we see the dog house while your Dad is getting the attic ready and then we can go up there."

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah. That's a good idea." Pyre agreed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:"hm.....so what do you think guys should we check it out ?"
"Why Not"
Doc searches for a ladder or something to help them get up to the next level.
Argent

Post by Argent »

The phone rings at the Porter's house.

"John, this is Doctor Walton. My wife spoke to Koa's owner, apparently he has no interest in keeping the dog."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan's mobile phone buzzes on the bench and John picks it up. "Hello, John Porter speaking.... Oh, Hi Doc..." John exits the room to take the call somewhere quieter.
"I see. Well, good for Koa. No one - human or animal - should have to live like that. So what does this mean for me? Do I need to take him to a shelter or something? ... Uh huh. And have you sorted out that little incident you had with him?..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"So, what are we going to do?" Ryze asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

"As I understand things... at the moment, he is effectively a stray. He needs to be claimed, turned in, or registered within 30 days. Um, that 30 days effectively starts when his previous owner fails to pay his license fee, or does something like failing to pick him up at a shelter. And, no, the little problem isn't exactly resolved, but if he doesn't do anything else crazy it's unlikely anything will come of it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So am I able to claim him or does his owner need to fill out something saying he's surrendering him first...? I'm not familiar with the system over here yet and I don't think Koa is at all keen on the idea of going to a shelter."

Back in the kitchen, Flynn replies to Ryze. "As soon as Dad gets off the phone and opens up the garage I suggest we start there. It's quite dark in there at the moment. I'd flip the circuit breaker myself but I can't reach the box and there's no way I'll budge that heavy old door."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury shrugged over his empty bowl, "I'm up for anything."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I would like to go through the stuff. I may find what I'm looking for. Look around, theres a german shepherd right here he should be able to reach the box and if we all help we can open the door."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"He has a point." Pyre said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn shrugs. "We can give it a go."
Joan starts collecting empty bowel and cups. "Has everybody had enough? Does anybody want any more?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm stuffed!" Ryze stated, standing up.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Thank you ma'am, but If I eat any more I might gain a pound."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Same here." Pyre agreed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I could always go for a few snacks for the road." Mercury joked
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn bit at his lower lip when he was mentioned. It occurred to him he was one of the tallest out of all the pets here. Way to feel like a misfit huh? "Uh yeah I think I can reach it, and it shouldn't be too hard usually you just have to pull down on the attic stairs to make them come down..."

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"hey I found a ladder , anyone seen anywhere we can get up there ?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:"hey I found a ladder , anyone seen anywhere we can get up there ?"
(since the fox never posted climbing back out of, or opening the door to getting out Moonbeam's stall.) :twisted:

Moonbeam blinks,
Whats a ladder doing in my stall? is someone trying to break my legs??
he snorts in disbelief.

(plans of the pole barn in the OOC, everyone who went into the tack room missed the stairway?)
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You want him, now? I've been trying to think of some place he could go, he'd really be better off back in Hawaii, they seem to have more liberal laws there, even if his original owner is a little ... eccentric, it sounds like she's rich enough to be eccentric."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He's... special" replies John cautiously. "He needs someone to look out for him and look after him. I'd hate to see him put in a shelter - I also don't think he'd do well there at all. I'm not so sure that he should be sent back to Hawaii either. There must be a reason she sent him over here in the first place. I'll definitely take him in if the laws here let me. I've been considering getting a new dog for a while anyway, ever since my last dog... had that run in with that car..." John trails off, trying to suppress the painful memory. "...I'm sorry, where was I?... Koa, yes, that's right. I'd be more than willing to take him in and Flynn seems to like him so..." He shrugs, forgetting that he can't be seen over the phone line. "So, yes. I'd like to adopt him." he finishes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:[
(since the fox never posted climbing back out of, or opening the door to getting out Moonbeam's stall.) :twisted:

Moonbeam blinks,
Whats a ladder doing in my stall? is someone trying to break my legs??
he snorts in disbelief.

(plans of the pole barn in the OOC, everyone who went into the tack room missed the stairway?)
(well that's embarrassing ^^")
" who knows , maybe someone just left it in here and forgot about it , looks kinda old....hm....."Nadia thought for a second , then turned around and opened Moonbeam's stall "Moonbeam would you step out for a bit , I can't get this thing out with you in here"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I would recommend getting a quitclaim from his owner, we have some standard forms for that here, but so long as you renew his registration when it runs out in... four months... you should be fine. The law pretty much only cares about commercially valuable animals, and animals that cause a nuisance. It's not like he's a racehorse or billionaire ferret or something like that."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"OK, I'll see if I can get in today to pick that up then. I'll have to talk to Koa though - I suppose you're not allowed to give me his owner's name and address due to client confidentiality and all that but Koa can certainly tell me. And anyway, I wouldn't want to force this on him if he has somewhere else he wants to go. Is there any particular time you want me to come in that would be convenient for you?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters