Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Tiggy

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Tiggy »

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, perhaps? You can go browse the "RPG" section! If you enter the store, hover over the "games" button thing and a list should pop down with the genres!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Tiggy wrote:Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, perhaps? You can go browse the "RPG" section! If you enter the store, hover over the "games" button thing and a list should pop down with the genres!
I know I can do this, but, for example, Dust is also listed as a rpg, so that's why I asked for an rpg with these features I mentioned.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go check them.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sleet wrote:My friend recommended it to me. I should consider getting it now that it's on Steam.
Buy it, it plays so well
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Liam wrote:Anyone playing indie titles?

I'm currently busy with Hotline Miami. Gee, that one's tough. @_@
That game looks so twisted yet so interesting.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Silly Zealot wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I just beat Dust and I never thought I would feel so sad about this story. It was magneficent. I won't say much more because I don1t want to spoil those who haven't played it yet.
Are you talking about "From Dust"?
I believe he's referencing "Dust: An Elesian Tale" It was a fun, entertaining and rather engaging game release on the PC, and the 360 (download only) and was well recieved. Especially since most of it was made by one guy, with exception to the music and voice acting, with some others giving aid in some ways.
exranio

Post by exranio »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJdKfhO-C0
So I was just going through random trailers after looking at the new Digimon game I saw this. I have no idea what exactly it is or how it works, but it looks like the kind of cute do nothing game I would like.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

exranio wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJdKfhO-C0
So I was just going through random trailers after looking at the new Digimon game I saw this. I have no idea what exactly it is or how it works, but it looks like the kind of cute do nothing game I would like.
That teddy bear scared me to no end.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Something tells me it won't get a western release.
Noir The Sable
Location: Outside the door to my own little happy place, rifling through my pockets for the keys.

Post by Noir The Sable »

According to SenpaiGamer, it looks like a mix of Dokodemo Issho (where you teach words to a little cartoon cat), Nintendogs, and Cooking Mama.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"
Liam

Post by Liam »

TinFoilHats wrote:That game looks so twisted yet so interesting.
Not anymore than shooters in general, but it's massively rewarding once you've cleared a level.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Unlike most shooters where things are so predicable they get boring, even I knew what would happen in all the newer COD games, from the moment I played MW2 I could see where it was going.
The same applies to games like the conduit, but then the second game was more jokey so I didn't mind it.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

so, I just played through hotline Miami and am doing it again to find all the puzzle pieces...

Pretty awesome story to the game, and I don't understand it that well. Gameplay isn't as hard when you've died enough times, although the AI seems to do different things sometimes. That's awesome, ensuring you have to always be on your toes.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I just bought alan wake from the steam sale. I've seen a few videos of its gameplay and they didn't atract me that much, but I keep hearing that the story is great, so I decided to buy it since it was very cheap for this weekend.
I hope I don't regret.
The Grey Wolverine

Alan Wake is a great game, it has bad driving controls, but that's it, its a lot of fun
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

My brother has just received Virtua Racer on Megadrive for £7, the megadrive can't even do 3d since its 16bit so I am waiting to play this now. If anyone remembers virtua racer in arcade?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

angelusbr wrote:
That teddy bear scared me to no end.
I guess it's because of his voice. I believe it's IA, the newer generation of Vocaloid voices (computer-generated voice). While it's better than the older Vocaloids like Hatsune Miku, you can still tell it's a computer.

Just finished Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team again, and it's still as fun as I remembered it. No money for the 3DS or the Mystery Dungeon game for it, so this will have to do to satisfy the urge to play it.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have Blue rescue team but stopped playing after Mew didn't join me. 99 floors for NOTHING!
I still play explorers of darkness, I'm near unbeatable now I have played it so much. Has anyone cleared Zero isle? That place is stupid. :|
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Just a random note for anyone who's looking for a visually stunning game: Trine/Trine 2 should be right up your alley because they are probably the prettiest games out there and not to mention that they are also incredibly fun games! :3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:I still play explorers of darkness, I'm near unbeatable now I have played it so much. Has anyone cleared Zero isle? That place is stupid. :|
I got stopped at the Steam Caves! That place is ridiculous. No matter WHAT I do I always end up surrounded by Fire-types, with no route of escape, and no Escape Orbs on me because I had to use them elsewhere. BC I haven't played the game since I asked about it a few weeks ago. I was getting tired of having to reset my DS to avoid losing my stuff and about... was it 5000 money? Maybe more than that. But yeah.

Also, my dad's considering getting an Xbox One... only a couple of the flaws are really important to him since he doesn't share games or stuff like that. When I think about it, it does seem like a decent choice for him.
I'm supporting it because of Forza 5. One of the things I'm HOPING will happen is an SVG livery editor. One of my main pet peeves about the current livery editor is that when all is said and done and you look at your hard work...

LOW RES DO NOT WANT

It's a bit of a disappointment to see that your livery looks like it came out of Ridge Racer 6 (the textures in that game are quite low-res) in, supposedly, one of the most graphically advanced racing games ever. That flaw would be easily fixed by an SVG texture editor. Crisper edges could be obtained... AND, since you'd be able to move things by sub-pixel increments, edges could be even more flush than before.

I realize, though, that that would be extremely demanding on the hardware to render SVG files on a car model during a race. Especially if they made the damage models more realistic. But in that case, why not just convert the livery to a high-res pixel texture when not editing, then use that in the race? 8c This is a lot simpler than I thought it would be.
Last edited by Mickey the Luxray on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It that all? I was a treecko with a pikachu teammate in steam caves, it was pretty easy for me.
I carry 20K money with me at all times now, with a pouch of elixirs and a pouch of revive seeds. Not that I ever need to use any. My team now consisted of Sceptile (100) raichu (100) Ninetales (84) and leafeon (100) and I can only get stronger. :lol:
Mickey the Luxray

I'm a Skitty with a Torchic teammate. It's not really that I have a problem with the enemies themselves, it's more that I run out of oran berries and THEN I get surrounded... it's annoying as heck. And those Kecleon vendors are NO HELP at ALL. Stupid scammers just like finding excuses to kill little children.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Haha, If you lived nearby I would help you with that. I'm master rank so I can do any mission, anywhere and help anyone. And wow, Skitty. You must have some really poor attacks, not to mention needing a moon stone to evolve once you beat the first part of the plot. A Blaziken would do very well though, being fighting and fire. ( teach it double kick, flamethrower, flame kick and anything else and it's perfect)
Liam

Post by Liam »

44R0NM10 wrote:Pretty awesome story to the game, and I don't understand it that well.
It becomes clearer once you've collected all pieces.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Mickey the Luxray

So the Need for Speed Facebook page stated that there will, in fact, be customization in Rivals, and to a greater extent than is found in Most Wanted 2012. So that means that a livery editor is a possible addition. Hopefully it'll be like Forza's, but better.
The Grey Wolverine

I don;t think NSF needs customization on par, or better then Forza. Forza is a racing sim, and a really good one with deep customization, NFS is an arcade racer, customization in that should be more loose and simple, because we don't need crazy in depth tune ups and stuff for it like we do in Forza.
Mickey the Luxray

Well of course not. NFS is definitely simpler than Forza.

But I would like to see the new livery editor being more like Forza's, but improved in some way. NOT like Ridge Racer 7, where the only customization you get is a single sticker on the top of the car. That would be a total rip-off, and make people sad. :C
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Batman arkhan city on sale on steam. With my internet speed it might take a few days before it finishes.
XD
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I guess this would be the best place to put this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyvQQSbX5o
I find it awesome. (Even if it isn't real, it's still really cool and took a lot of work to do)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

JeffCvt wrote:I guess this would be the best place to put this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyvQQSbX5o
I find it awesome. (Even if it isn't real, it's still really cool and took a lot of work to do)
*stares in awe and disbelief* This is win.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Ahhhh! I forgot about that!!! That is so awesome! :D
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ROM hacks get pretty crazy. Though that brought back painful memories of some of the terrifyingly difficult SMW hacks I've seen. *shivers*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mickey the Luxray

A really difficult game is Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes.

They make you do a really complex mission, but give you barely any sort of briefing, or hints as to where you're supposed to go. You get the gist of it and nothing more. I had to have a walkthrough open at all times while playing. |c
Haru Totetsu

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Aren't you concerned about the possible patent that Microsoft has taken out to use the camera's on the "always on Kinect" to spy on people, and even pass info onto your government?

I look at it this way, I currently suffer from depression but when I'm playing games you'd never know so if my government see that info they'll more than likely use it to say I'm faking it, stop my benefits, and force me onto the streets. So I can't get the XBOX One because of that little bit of info. Plus the fact that hackers can hack a camera and use it to spy on you, without you even knowing, they do it to people's phones and the phone isn't even turned on. What makes Kinect more safe? Especially when you consider how many people hack consoles.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Aren't you concerned about the possible patent that Microsoft has taken out to use the camera's on the "always on Kinect" to spy on people, and even pass info onto your government?

I look at it this way, I currently suffer from depression but when I'm playing games you'd never know so if my government see that info they'll more than likely use it to say I'm faking it, stop my benefits, and force me onto the streets. So I can't get the XBOX One because of that little bit of info. Plus the fact that hackers can hack a camera and use it to spy on you, without you even knowing, they do it to people's phones and the phone isn't even turned on. What makes Kinect more safe? Especially when you consider how many people hack consoles.
I've never thought of that. While it is possible, I doubt the goverment will meddle with the kinect. But hackers certainly will try to. I pretty much gave up on home consoles ever since ps3/wii/xbox 360. They did't attract me anymore. But I'm still a pc player and I like handhelds more than the home console.
Many of the xbox games come out for PC, maybe you should get one instead.
Mickey the Luxray

Although, some games that are really fun are console-exclusive. Halo, Uncharted, Forza, Little Big Planet and Ridge Racer are a few examples.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

...why can't you just stick a little bit of paper over the Kinect's cameras?

Besides, maybe it's just me, but I really don't see an issue with Big Brother always watching... I mean, even if the case of depression, I'm certain the government know that it's possible to play a video game whilst you're clinically depressed, so they won't cut benefits. I'm shocked you have any faith in the government to do anything anyway, heh...
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

You'd be surprised at what the government just wouldn't understand. That's most of the reason I do feel that the Kinect thing could be a problem. Big Brother always watching isn't a problem so long as he acts like a normal person; if you were to put almost anyone who currently holds power in that kind of position, there is so much that could go horribly wrong and that's enough that we should resist it.

On a more realistic note, the kinect could be used to know how many people are in the room watching a movie at any one time, such that if anyone else entered the room during a movie, the kinect could detect them and prompt the movie to pause until you pay for them to see it as well, essentially turning On Demand movies into a theatre where you have to pay per person. So yeah, at best it could easily restrict simple freedoms and force people to pay more to be entertained.

And to end on another paranoid note, the kinect isn't just always watching, it's always listening too, in order for you to be able to use voice commands to turn it on. So again, anything you say in range could be recorded, collected and used against you. You could again argue that the right person wouldn't use every little thing you say to determine how much tax you pay but the moment you have the power to do that, someone could use it against everyone. And frankly, the benefits don't outweigh the potential risks.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Scrolls, new game from Mojang is really fun! I recommend if you like CCGs or similar, card games and such!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CCGs? My interest is piqued.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

A pocket edition update for Minecraft came out today, but linking to a majong account is proving impossible. So the games online won't work. Still going to make a server though. :D