That is all
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Sleet wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Smash brothers on 3DS is going to be revealed properly at E3, just so you know.
I'm not sure how I feel about a portable SSB. I may just get the Wii U version and call it a day.
I don't want a Wii-U because of the cost, although may get a 3DS if it goes down cheap enough. I still think the 3DS looks painful to play for long periods of time with the 3D and the sharp edges, but I played so much Brawl...it'd be worth it.
The 3DS is perfectly comfortable.

Buuuuut, Super Smash Bros. is something you never want to stop playing. It may get uncomfortable if you play that on it. All the more reason I'm shooting for the Wii U version.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

My only problem with the 3DS is that when playing an older DS game it makes more sense to use the D-pad more often, but it's in a less comfortable place to use than the joy stick. Indecision...
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I've downloaded Dust: An Elysian Tail and the begging is gorgeous and the gameplay is great. Just a quick word of warning. There's a bug involving treasure chests and cages that may not open even if you have all keys necessary for them. But I've been told about a way around it and it works:
"Stand by the chest and keep hitting W, then alt-tab out of the game. Click back into the game and the game should've paused. Unpause the game and hit W a few more times and it should open. If not, do it again. I've never had to do it more than twice per chest. Troublesome, but it gets around it."
In my case it was needed about 3 times for the first cage to open.
This issue aside the game is fantasic.
Hukley wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
Hukley wrote:I hope its not rude to interrupt the discussion for a brief question:

Does anybody here play Starcraft 2: Heart of the swarm?
I do. It's a fun game, although my skill levels is silver-gold.
Also, my main is as a zerg.
My Race is Terran. I used to be a decent platin-player but since I don't play too much anymore, I found myself in the gold-league.

If you like, we could play a game sometime :)
Sure :D
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Need for Speed: Rivals.

That is all
What is all about it? a new NSF game is cool, I like the series a bit.

So, I was playing some Battlefield 3 today, I honestly had a lot of fun with it, I think I'm gonna get back into it soon, its a good game for multiplayer FPS if you like it, its fun being in a big team battle.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:My only problem with the 3DS is that when playing an older DS game it makes more sense to use the D-pad more often, but it's in a less comfortable place to use than the joy stick. Indecision...
That just gave me the idea of trying Super Mario 64 DS on the 3DS. :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Mario 64 and COD work well with it, but everything else that's 2D is worse. (Also forgot to say its good with DbZ supersonic warriors 2)
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

angelusbr wrote:I've downloaded Dust: An Elysian Tail and the begging is gorgeous and the gameplay is great. Just a quick word of warning. There's a bug involving treasure chests and cages that may not open even if you have all keys necessary for them. But I've been told about a way around it and it works:
"Stand by the chest and keep hitting W, then alt-tab out of the game. Click back into the game and the game should've paused. Unpause the game and hit W a few more times and it should open. If not, do it again. I've never had to do it more than twice per chest. Troublesome, but it gets around it."
In my case it was needed about 3 times for the first cage to open.
This issue aside the game is fantasic.
Why must you mock me with you playing this game? I wan' it BAAAD OnO
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I have a quick question about steam. Can I play in my account in any computer as long as I re-download the game? It's because I have a home computer and a laptop. Since I'm new to steam I would like to know if it's possible to do this without having to pay more.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I believe so, yes. Games are tied to the account and downloading is free as long as you're playing it from an account that owns the game.

I could be wrong.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Sleet is right, you can play your games on any computer as long as you're logged onto the account that owns the game :3 If you have steam guard active, you'll have to type in a code that gets emailed to you every time you try to log on a new/different computer than the last!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Tiggy wrote:Sleet is right, you can play your games on any computer as long as you're logged onto the account that owns the game :3 If you have steam guard active, you'll have to type in a code that gets emailed to you every time you try to log on a new/different computer than the last!
Can I deactivate this steam guard then? I intend to share this account with my dad. He has a few games he wants to play as well (like Heretic) and having to log in my email every time can be kind of a pain.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Steam Guard is there to protect your computer from hackers, so even if it were removable it would be a terrible idea to remove it. Thankfully, as long as your dad (and you) play the games at least once a month, then you shouldn't need to re-enter a code ever again. I don't recommend logging in from your browser, though- it'll send a code whenever you try to sign in from a new browser type.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Steam Guard is there to protect your computer from hackers, so even if it were removable it would be a terrible idea to remove it. Thankfully, as long as your dad (and you) play the games at least once a month, then you shouldn't need to re-enter a code ever again. I don't recommend logging in from your browser, though- it'll send a code whenever you try to sign in from a new browser type.
I see. Thanks you guys for explaining. I undertand why steam has such cautions to prevent accounts from being stolen or misused, but this can be a bit annoying (it's nothing major, thou).
On un unrelated note I decided to pick skyrim again (I had rage quited when I got lost right at the beggining of the game), but now I undertood where I was supposed to go and now I'm finally enjoying this game. XD
Mickey the Luxray

The Grey Wolverine wrote: What is all about it? a new NSF game is cool, I like the series a bit.
From what I've heard, Ghost is taking the best bits from both Hot Pursuit 2010 and Most Wanted 2012 and then adding even more stuff in to go with them. I've also heard that they're bringing body customization back, although I expect the choices to be much more tasteful than those found in Underground or Carbon, and more numerous than in The Run.
Oh, and Ferrari's back too. C|
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Sonic Lost World looks good, maybe Saga's getting its mojo back.
The Grey Wolverine

Maybe, Sonic Generations was pretty good, so hey, maybe it will be
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Maybe, Sonic Generations was pretty good, so hey, maybe it will be
Could this be a sign of a golden age of games? Not a golden age of gaming, with how Microsoft is handling Used Games, but the games might be worth the buy more this generation.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Sonic Lost World looks good, maybe Saga's getting its mojo back.
I just saw the trailer and the gameplay seems good, but if sonic if is fighting against just these aliens/monsters then why are Robotinick's robots there?
Haru Totetsu

Post by Haru Totetsu »

angelusbr wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote:Sonic Lost World looks good, maybe Saga's getting its mojo back.
I just saw the trailer and the gameplay seems good, but if sonic if is fighting against just these aliens/monsters then why are Robotinick's robots there?
Because they know it either "Throw themselves pointlessly at the hedgehog" or "Help Eggman have a shower, since he can't reach certain places"...I know what I'd pic...Hold still Doctor, I'll get those barnacles off your back...
The Grey Wolverine

Haru Totetsu wrote:Could this be a sign of a golden age of games? Not a golden age of gaming, with how Microsoft is handling Used Games, but the games might be worth the buy more this generation.
Nah, I don;t think so, but it could be a good turnaround for Sonic games, but Survival Horror is in the trash; mostly, Shooters are more mindless and linear than ever for the most part, RPGs have become somewhat tedious and samey feeling with a lot of them being similar fantasy settings, and really its been kinda a mess. I don't think a return of Sonic games can save us.
Haru Totetsu

Post by Haru Totetsu »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote:Could this be a sign of a golden age of games? Not a golden age of gaming, with how Microsoft is handling Used Games, but the games might be worth the buy more this generation.
Nah, I don;t think so, but it could be a good turnaround for Sonic games, but Survival Horror is in the trash; mostly, Shooters are more mindless and linear than ever for the most part, RPGs have become somewhat tedious and samey feeling with a lot of them being similar fantasy settings, and really its been kinda a mess. I don't think a return of Sonic games can save us.
I don't know, Eternal Darkness has rumours of a sequel of some sort in the works...Shadow of the Eternals.
The Grey Wolverine

That's why said most, but what else do we have? Dead Space is an action game with Monsters, Silent Hill isn't scary anymore, and Resident Evil went to crap. Amnesia and Eternal Darkness are the only scary horror games to come out in recent years, most seem like bad action games with monsters
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

I'm really hyped for this. Sonic doing parkour and stuff is awesome. The cartoony look of this games also fits the Sonic style really well.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Lost world is based heavily on a unreleased game called Sonic Extreme, the scenario and enemies are basically the same too (along with some textures), check it out on YouTube or SonicRetro if your a member there.
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Sonic Extreme is a cancelled skateboarding game for the original Xbox. It's Sonic X-treme that you're talking about. :P.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have little time to pay attention to spelling, I spell it how I say it :lol:
It looks like a good game but the fact it's so loopy will confuse me, It makes more sense if its linear. It kinda looks like Mario Galaxy with the level design.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

gonna just mention something about a previous topic, Dust: An Elysian Tail is a fantastic game. Really really good! //leaves again~~ *poof*
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My friend recommended it to me. I should consider getting it now that it's on Steam.
Mickey the Luxray

On another note, CoD seems to be following in Bioshock Infinite's footsteps.

I'm hoping that Infinity Ward actually turns out a good story with CoD:Ghosts. Otherwise, it'll have to go into the Bin of Massive Disappointments, like most other CoD games.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I thin it will be pointless, just filler between Modern warfare and modern warfare 2. It will add to the plot but now we now what happens in the whole series it is kinda pointless. Make a new series already, you can't stay "modern" forever!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

HA!! I HAVE DERAILED THE CONVERSTAION!! :twisted:
Anywho, anyone excited about Animal Crossing: New Leaf?
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:I thin it will be pointless, just filler between Modern warfare and modern warfare 2. It will add to the plot but now we now what happens in the whole series it is kinda pointless. Make a new series already, you can't stay "modern" forever!
Personally, I'm a REAL fan of Call of Duty. Specially 2 and 4!

But yeah, you can't keep making games over the same subject forever.
And I must admit that, although the maps are incredible, Carlos' Cookie: moderator wallfame 2 and 3 could have had a less radically crazy story (I still don't know why Shepard betrayed the protagonists!), and the ending was kind of exaggerated.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Mickey the Luxray

CoD4 was a good game... I lost all respect for Treyarch when I realized that most of the "new" gamemodes in Black Ops were jacked from Counter-Strike, though. Gun Game especially.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Anyone playing indie titles?

I'm currently busy with Hotline Miami. Gee, that one's tough. @_@
The Grey Wolverine wrote:Nah, I don;t think so, but it could be a good turnaround for Sonic games, but Survival Horror is in the trash
Depends on how A Machine For Pigs does we may experience a renaissance of the genre once everyone rips off adopts Frictional's gameplay philosophy.
Haru Totetsu wrote:I don't know, Eternal Darkness has rumours of a sequel of some sort in the works...Shadow of the Eternals.
I'm wary about that. An ED follow-up has been thwarted once or twice (or maybe more) by mismanagement, dodgy practices and general incompetence on part of the big wigs at Silicon Knights. If the ex-Silicon Knights employees behind this are connected to the previous failings...
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I just beat Dust and I never thought I would feel so sad about this story. It was magneficent. I won't say much more because I don1t want to spoil those who haven't played it yet.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

angelusbr wrote:I just beat Dust and I never thought I would feel so sad about this story. It was magneficent. I won't say much more because I don1t want to spoil those who haven't played it yet.
Are you talking about "From Dust"?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Silly Zealot wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I just beat Dust and I never thought I would feel so sad about this story. It was magneficent. I won't say much more because I don1t want to spoil those who haven't played it yet.
Are you talking about "From Dust"?
Dust: an elysian Tail. It wasn't just the eding, thou. There were many sad moments along the way.
Also, for those who didn't complete the game yet, don't forget to bring a LOT of healing itens and at least one reviving stone to the final boss because he has 4 stages and it might be a pain to fight so much without being able to re-stock itens.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Depending on what difficulty you play, it shouldn't be too hard! I was playing on tough and didn't have to stock up majorly on healing items and didn't have to use a stone, but it was really close a few times I must admit!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Tiggy wrote:Depending on what difficulty you play, it shouldn't be too hard! I was playing on tough and didn't have to stock up majorly on healing items and didn't have to use a stone, but it was really close a few times I must admit!
I played on normal dificulty
:?
I'm not that good...
Changing subjects, does anyone know a good rpg from steam that allows me to pick classes and/or races (excluding elder scrolls series)