HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by Buckdida »

"Ehh...not quite. Although close, that's all I can say. I had a family. I'm no test tube animal. I was just a mixed coyote-dog hybrid. I don't know, most pets freak out when they figure out I'm part coyote. When I was a pup, I didn't have any friends because of it. So they messed with my fur somehow, and made it gray, and less could spot my breed. And now it's reverting back to its normal dusty-brown. Very slowly. Some less observant pets might not even notice the change. The normal coloring makes me look more like a coyote. And as for that organization. I'm sure it's an entire group, so going after them would be a bad idea. Sure, we may find one or two of these guys, but there's others to replace them. AND they are impossible to spot anyway, unless you see the gun being pointed at you. They look normal, they're well trained. I actually couldn't help but wonder why they were wasting their talents on us, when they could be getting much higher paying jobs taking out other humans. Besides, all traces of them disappeared after the list cleared eight of ten. And I know the eight others are dead. The entire thing is gone, dead, and buried. So don't bring it up to Sara or any other pet or human. I was only letting you know because you were on the dang list! You deserve to know why you almost got a lethal injection, I'd say. And if it was already dangerous without me, consider how dangerous it will be with me."

"And...just don't talk about Pavelle right now. It's confusing."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"Uh, it's not Jackster, it's Jester..." Jester says, slightly disappointed. He looks at the gray dog, recalling the story in the newspaper, then says, "Oh yeah I read about that in the paper. But hey, they'll have a harder time coming after you when you're with other pets right? There's power in numbers," he looks around for a second, then continues with, "Just as long as you don't uh, draw too much attention to yourself and avoid alleys. But that's just my opinion." He silently taps his hand on his leg while saying this, and then wonders if anything major happened to the other pets he met yesterday.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

He looked up "oh sorry, I'm bad with names" he said to Jester. "Wait...i think i know what you're talking about, i heard a little snippet on the radio this morning when i woke up" he thinks back to this morning "Dang that was a good dream, uh, any way i only got the bit about two Animal control people being accused of drunk driving. nothing else."

(OOC: hey guys, I'm going to be in Ohio next Thursday, i might get in touch once while I'm there but no promises)

what what? Jolly good time.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:

Rav gestures for Venison to come an lay in the floor with him..
You already have a friend here.. I don't, am i sure Sara wouldn't mind if you were a full coyote, she wouldn't have let you stay here, or put you in charge of watching over me, if she didn't want an trust you.
An if you helping to keep the coon from self-destructing, than i must be rubbing of on you already..

Rav grins wide coyly..
An with me laided up for a while, i'm in need of a minion to get the pet clubhouse rebuilt into usable shape, so we can have a space to be good little, normal obediant, docile pets in.

Jimmy Jazz wrote: (OOC: hey guys, I'm going to be in Ohio next Thursday, i might get in touch once while I'm there but no promises)
Coming to visit me? Iiieeeee!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

(Hey, I just had a thought. Venison was not seen by the animal control officers. So he's safe.)

Thinking about it for a second Lucky smacks himself in the head. "Of course, that was dumb of me. Make myself a target by acting suspicious. I'll have to think more clearly next time." He gives out a sigh and shakes his head. Then he perks up his ears and looks up. "Hey, I don't suppose either of you have seen any other gray dogs around here? Male, big cargo pants, he has some fur that sticks straight up running down his back, pointed ears, kinda short, ringing any bells?"

--------------------

Walking back, Balbaroy decides to keep going figuring today is a good day to go to Rav's house.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"yeah, i know him, Venison, why?" he asked "well i don't really know him, talked to him a few times but that's it" he shrugged.

(OOC: Akron Ohio Falls Avenue, any where near by Keesah? :P )

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"Yeah sounds like Venison, I'm not fully sure on his fur color, cause when I last saw him he was covered in mud, but he's the only pet I've seen that wears cargos. I met him yesterday. You need to find him or something?" Jester says, adjusting his collar. More importantly, does he live in that house I visited or was he just stopping by? I'll just assume he lives there for now. "I have an idea on where he could be, but I'm not 100% on it," Jester adds, motioning over his shoulder.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

"Really? That's good. I just need to talk to him for a few minutes is all. Think you can lead me there?" He looks around the corner both ways, seeing if anybody is coming. "Actually if you can tell me the address I could probably get there stealthily."

--------------------

Balbaroy walks up to Rav's house, panting lightly and knocking on the door.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester scratches behind his ear and says, "Ah, an address. That's a problem. I don't even know any streets beside the main one. Well, from what I remember, if you head south on the main street, then turn right and just keep going. It should be the last house before the river. Across the street from the forest. Uh, you go ahead and sneak over there, I'll make my way there via sidewalk, maybe find some alternate routes. I have a feeling nothing will happen to me today if I just keep walking around aimlessly. I guess I'll see you there." Jester turns to Octavian and says, "I'll see you around Octavian. Remember, that offer at the theater still stands. Today in Studio 6 it's classic horror films followed by action flicks. So long and all that good stuff." Jester walks out of the alley and starts off the direction he came from. He lets out a huge yawn at the end of the street and then turns 90 degrees and walks off down the next street. Ah, I should've paid more attention to that paper. I don't remember if it even mentioned that dog's name. Hope he doesn't get into any trouble on his trip to see Venison. As he finishes thinking this, he stumbles over a newspaper left on the sidewalk. He regains his balance and continues to walk down the street, trying to remember the whole story from the paper, and taking in his surroundings.

(OOC: Have a nice trip Jimmy. Hope you have a great time in Ohio)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:
Buckdida wrote:

Rav gestures for Venison to come an lay in the floor with him..
You already have a friend here.. I don't, am i sure Sara wouldn't mind if you were a full coyote, she wouldn't have let you stay here, or put you in charge of watching over me, if she didn't want an trust you.
An if you helping to keep the coon from self-destructing, than i must be rubbing of on you already..

Rav grins wide coyly..
An with me laided up for a while, i'm in need of a minion to get the pet clubhouse rebuilt into usable shape, so we can have a space to be good little, normal obediant, docile pets in.

Venison folded his ears back, and had a slightly annoyed look on his face. "Two things. I just said don't talk about Pavelle. Second. Minion? I'm no workhorse. Furthermore, I'm no contractor. I many know plenty of things, but architecture isn't one of them. If you fell through rotten wood, it's highly likely that its structural integrity is compromised, and isn't a safe building to be in. To fix that place, it's going to take more than just a few replaced planks of wood. Furthermore, if we do try to rebuild it without a licensed professional, anyone hurt by bad building design can sue Sara. I think you should keep all of that in mind before we start swinging hammers around. We should also rope off the barn before anyone else decides to wander in and get hurt. Lucky it was only you, otherwise Sara would of had to deal with a lawsuit."

*knockknockknock*

"Hmm. Someone's at the door. I'll get it."

Venison walked to to kennel door and gave it a shove, but his hand just bounced off of it.

"Locked. Whatever."

Venison grabbed the lockpick and turning tool hanging from his leather necklace, and quickly opened the lock on the kennel door. Venison gave the door another push, and it swung open as he walked out of it. He turned around for one moment.

"By the way, Rav, that's called 'picking a lock."

Venison let the kennel door close behind him, and went to answer the door, and found a whitish poodle. 'Ah, crap. Still can't remember this guy's name.'

"Hello. I'm still very bad with names. Mind telling me again? I suppose you can come in..."
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle had been walking in the woods, alone, for five minutes, and still no Magnus. I hope he didn't go off the trail. The thought stopped her short. What if he had? He would be 'adventerous' enough to do that, expecting her to know exactly where he was and to follow, like she always did. But he hadn't known that she'd hesitate at the boundary of the forest, giving him a couple extra moments to get lost. Lost? Gulp.

She looked around her, at the path beneath her feet, assuring herself it was still there. Letting out a sigh, she then turned in a complete circle, searching for her brother. "Mag? Magnus? Get back here if you can hear this! I'm serious! That's an order!" She paused, listening. Nothing. Well, except birdsong. And other sounds you'd expect to hear in... what was that? *crunchcrunch* There it was again. She held completely still. Well, all except her heart, which started beating twice as fast. *crunch* She cleared her throat, eyes darting left and right. "Mag? Mag, is that you?" Nothing. Magnus would have answered. He always did. *crunch* Her eyes swiveled towards the sound, and she stared into the trees, trying to see any movement. Was that crunching footsteps on fallen leaves and twigs? Or was she just imagining the whole thing? She narrowed her eyes, squinting to see better. There was no movement that she could see. She was probably just freaking herself out... and that's when a giant hand clasped on her shoulder. She didn't think. She acted. And this time, it wasn't to fight. She took off so fast down the path that she was stumbling over her own feet. Her breath was coming in gasps, but not because she was tired of running already. True fear was worming ice-like around her heart, settling in her veins. It was him. She knew it. And he was going to point his gun at her again and this time nobody would come to save her.

She left the woods a lot faster than she entered. And after the trees were cleared, she just kept going. Help. She needed help. Help to find Mag. Because she was not going in there alone again. For some reason, one name jumped to mind. Venison. He would help. He wouldn't be afraid to go in the woods, and probably also wouldn't be afraid of humans, armed or not. Venison was who she needed. She ran past her house, brain whirring. Where would Venison be? Come on, think. Think. Venison was staying with Rav, right? Well, they were friends anyways, so he might be there. She skidded to a halt, halfway to the coffee shop, and doubled back. Was that a dog, already standing in front of the open door of Rav's house? And in front of him. Venison. For a second, she thought that he looked just a tiny bit less grey than normal, but then she banished the thought. That didn't matter. She ran up the front steps, trying not to shove over both of them with her speed. For a second, all she could do was stand there and huff and puff. And then she gathered herself. And began to speed-talk faster than should be possible. "Mag and I were going for a walk. And then we were on this trail. And Mag wanted to go into the woods, but I didn't want to. But he went in anyways, and I followed. And so I was in the woods, and I've never really liked it in there, because of reasons I don't totally want to give right now. Anyway I was trying to find Mag and I couldn't and then someone came up behind me and put their hand on my shoulder and totally freaked me out so I ran way over here to find you guys and now that I'm telling you this story I just feel really, really... stupid." She paused, and then actually blushed. Why had she even come back here? Now that she was out of the forest, logic was returning. She was such an idiot. "Um. Okay. Nevermind everything I just said, especially about being freaked out. I've kind of got to get back to the woods to find my brother."

Meanwhile...

Magnus was trooping through the wilderness like a real forest ranger, feeling brave and alive. He was also very happy. The forest here smelled good, for some reason, to him, and he liked inhaling deeply. And then he paused. What was that? A voice. His sister, calling him. He opened his mouth to answer, and then thought better of it. He didn't want to scare her by bellowing a response out of the trees like a bigfoot might. So he'd just go up to her and touch her shoulder, let her know that he was there. He crunched through the trees, in no hurry. He refound the path that he had left earlier and saw Pavelle, facing the other direction. He walked up behind her, casually, and placed one hand on her shoulder. And then she was just... gone. Vanished. He thought he saw her turn a corner, some ten feet in front of him. Wow. He hadn't known she could run that fast. He even wondered if he could. He shrugged, and then went after her, walking. He remembered coming out into the forest as a pup, and having a great time with Dad before Mom got sick. And then he stopped walking. He was suddenly torn between two options. He really, really wanted to stay in here and play around. He had forgotten how much he liked it here. But he also felt obligated to go with his sister. He had always followed her before now... but then again he had never been partial to staying put, either. He looked after her, down the trail, and then shrugged again. He didn't have to follow her, did he? And Pavelle would come back. She always came back. Always. No matter what. She'd find him. It wasn't like he could get lost in a bunch of trees, could he? Naw, of coure not. He jumped through some bushes, and then ran off into the woods. He couldn't get lost in here.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Venison folded his ears back, and had a slightly annoyed look on his face. "Two things. I just said don't talk about Pavelle. Second. Minion? I'm no workhorse. Furthermore, I'm no contractor. I many know plenty of things, but architecture isn't one of them. If you fell through rotten wood, it's highly likely that its structural integrity is compromised, and isn't a safe building to be in. To fix that place, it's going to take more than just a few replaced planks of wood. Furthermore, if we do try to rebuild it without a licensed professional, anyone hurt by bad building design can sue Sara. I think you should keep all of that in mind before we start swinging hammers around. We should also rope off the barn before anyone else decides to wander in and get hurt. Lucky it was only you, otherwise Sara would of had to deal with a lawsuit."

Rav giggles at Venison's outburst, until his body hurt too much to keep it up. holding his sore hurting sides, as he lays on the floor...
Hee hee hee Oww Owww! Whiiinee... That barns been standing there a 100 years, it will be there a 100 more.. We can fix it, or get some of the other pets dads to help us out is we need to. But it can wait until i'm back on my paws, an we can look it over together.
Rav looks up at the ceiling, an sighs deeply..
I'm sorry i didn't mean to upset you, I'm just trying to understand you.
Calling you a minion wasn't right, i'm sorry for that as well.. We should be partners, equals. unless you feel you would make a better alpha then me?

*knockknockknock*

"Hmm. Someone's at the door. I'll get it."
"Hello. I'm still very bad with names. Mind telling me again? I suppose you can come in..."
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison raised an eyebrow at Pav's outburst. That was unlike her. He began talking to Balbaroy. "It seems like you and I are always getting interrupted when we meet. Rav's in the kennel if you want to talk to him."

"Want me to help you, Pavelle? You seem a little bit frantic. Com'on. Let's go find your big lug."
'Why would a raccoon be afraid of the woods, and even more important, why would she come to me?'
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky makes his way towards the house he was given directions to, crawling under fences and through alley ways to avoid attention. Surprisingly he keeps getting through areas where he's visible without being seen. He snakes his way through the back ways, having lived here his whole life he knows all the nooks and crannies

--------------------

Balbaroy shrugs and walks inside past Venison, looking around a bit before sitting outside of Rav's kennel cross-legged. "Morning Rav. You okay?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

"Oh, you don't have to look for Mag if you don't want to. I'm sure he's okay," Pavelle said nervously, hoping that Venison would come anyway. She didn't know if she would be able to force herself to go back into the woods alone. If there was someone there to make her try to act normal, though, she might be able to do it. She didn't want to look scared in front of the other pets, of course. And just having someone there to watch her back would help. Even if she couldn't trust them... and then she realized something. She did trust Venison. Why? What reason did she have to trust him? She hardly knew him. Weird. He did help her once already, and was most likely helping her again right now. But still. The only other pet she trusted was Magnus, and he was her brother. Her family. She had a right to trust him. Almost a responsibilty. So then why did she trust Venison? She didn't exactly know. These days she was just so confused. So not herself.

She saw the trees in the distance and swallowed, heart picking up again. There was nobody in there that would hurt her. Or not many people, at least. One or two, maybe. No! She couldn't doubt it, couldn't think like that. There was nobody in there. Nobody. Except Magnus. And he wouldn't hurt her, or even intentionally scare her... still, she was beginning to feel cold again. She crossed her arms, trying to look nonchalant. She could do this. Maybe. She caught herself looking to Venison for support, and then slid her eyes away. Why did she trust him? Or better yet, think of him first when she went for help?
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester walks to the end of the block and looks around, seeing the Theater off down the road and Venison's supposed house in the other direction. Okay that's one route to remember. He starts towards the house and notices Venison and Pavelle standing in the doorway. He gives a small wave to the two of them, hoping they hadn't forgotten his name was Jester, and looks around for that dog from the alley. Wonder if he's been here already. He thinks as he starts off to the front door of the house. "Good morning you two." Jester says, nodding at Pavelle, then following up with Venison. "Hey Venison, there's this gray dog looking for you. The one from the paper, he seemed really paranoid about some animal control officers or something." Jester notices Pavelle staring into the woods, and says to Venison, "Uh. Sorry if I'm interrupting something. I can go if I am, just wanted to see if that dog ever made it here. He said he was going to stealthily make his way here so..." Jester shrugs when he finishes up.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

He started walking towards the movie theater might as well stick with my plan. he turned the corner and the movie theater came into view. he walked up the stairs and went inside. Studio six, righhhttt?... he looked around and saw some one at the desk "Hello? Jester told me some thing about 'Studio six'?" he cocked his head to the right trying to figure out who this person was.

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky does a diving through a hole in a fence, ending up just in the side yard of Rav's house. Brushing himself off he walks up around to the front and sees the crowd. "Oh, there you are." He jogs over panting a little, going up specifically to Venison. "I don't believe we were properly introduced, but based on the raccoon's mood now may not be a good time. I'd be glad to help though."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison tried to avoid growling. He disliked being forced to talk in a group; he honestly preferred to just listen and add the occasional comment. Then there's the fact that they were just being rude and interrupting...

"Sorry, but I really can't talk right now, okay? Just...I don't know, hang out at Rav's house for now. I'm sure he'd love the company. He can't do much but talk with that leg cast. Just don't break anything. Like a vase." Venison shot a mocking look at Pavelle. "Now let's go find your brother, Pavelle. Where did you last see him?"
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky glares a little in response to the growl. "Look, I don't know where you get off thinking your an alpha, but that's not generally how things work around this neighborhood. If somebody is lost I'd be glad to help. If you don't need the help that's fine but the attitude is unnecessary. I'm just trying to help out, not like I'm even asking for anything in return."

(Balbaroy will do more when Rav gets a chance to post.)
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Kalvin wrote:Lucky glares a little in response to the growl. "Look, I don't know where you get off thinking your an alpha, but that's not generally how things work around this neighborhood. If somebody is lost I'd be glad to help. If you don't need the help that's fine but the attitude is unnecessary. I'm just trying to help out, not like I'm even asking for anything in return."

(Balbaroy will do more when Rav gets a chance to post.)
"And I don't know where you get off thinking that I think I'm an alpha," Venison retorted. "I'm not fit to lead and I know it. If you must know, it's more that I hate working in groups, or getting interrupted. And I do suspect that Pavelle would rather have less people helping than more. And part of it is that among the skills of being a survivalist, making friends is not one of them, so I have little practice in idle conversation or understanding random acts of kindness for no reason. Finally, I don't know what danger is in those woods, and the less people I need to keep track of the better. Besides. You already helped us enough yesterday, for nothing and great risk to yourself. Why would you want to do that again?"

'Wait a second...am I even listening to myself?!?!'
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

As the two dogs in front of him begin to argue, Jester quietly slips away and starts his way to the sidewalk. Do not want to get involved in this one. he thinks, fiddling with his little toast, Don't want to see what this Venison character is like when he's angry, already got freaked out when he started mumbling, could cause some problems for me. I think I'll just go sit around the park, listen to some music. As much as I'd like to meet this Rav, I'd rather wait till a better situation. Right now, it's just too weird for me, walking up to a dog I've never met, in his home, with other animals I don't know too well. When he reaches the road he turns back and starts to say goodbye. Then he stops before anything comes out of his mouth and just starts off down the sidewalk without a word. Guess I'll see you all later. Best of luck with whatever you're doing. He sighs and turns at the corner, eager to lie down next to a tree at the park and just listen to music.

(OOC: Figure I might as well get Jester out of there now, seeing how I'm going to be busy all week again, and I have a feeling he won't be playing too big a role in this. Wouldn't want to hold up the story either, I wanna see what happens. Oh and Jimmy, feel free to do what you want with the people working at the theater, the only two humans I control are Debra and Matthew. Just wanted to say that in case you were waiting for me to respond to that bit. I'm a worrier.)
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was staring into the woods, trying to master her fear when she snapped to and realized that there were pets. All around. At least two more than she remembered were here before. When did that happen? She must be more freaked out than she realized, to be off guard like this. And was Venison arguing with one of them? As she looked on, Joker scooted away from the group and made a timely exit. She couldn't hope but to feel the same way. She stood awkwardly as Venison and the grey dog traded arguments.
"Sorry, but I really can't talk right now, okay? Just...I don't know, hang out at Rav's house for now. I'm sure he'd love the company.He can't do much but talk with that leg cast. Just don't break anything. Like a vase." Venison shot a mocking look at Pavelle.
At this she glared back, but with no real heat.
"Now let's go find your brother, Pavelle. Where did you last see him?"

"Look, I don't know where you get off thinking your an alpha, but that's not generally how things work around this neighborhood. If somebody is lost I'd be glad to help. If you don't need the help that's fine but the attitude is unnecessary. I'm just trying to help out, not like I'm even asking for anything in return."
"And I don't know where you get off thinking that I think I'm an alpha," Venison retorted. "I'm not fit to lead and I know it. If you must know, it's more that I hate working in groups, or getting interrupted. And I do suspect that Pavelle would rather have less people helping than more. And part of it is that among the skills of being a survivalist, making friends is not one of them, so I have little practice in idle conversation or understanding random acts of kindness for no reason. Finally, I don't know what danger is in those woods, and the less people I need to keep track of the better. Besides. You already helped us enough yesterday, for nothing and great risk to yourself. Why would you want to do that again?"
With this, Pavelle perked up. She was actually a little afraid to interupt, for fear of getting yelled at, but she'd had enough. "Venison, I don't really care if he comes or not." She looked at the trees in the distance again, and shivered. "Actually, the more the merrier. Just another pair of eyes and ears, right? Anyways, Mag'll probably not really be lost at all. Just... off someplace. But if he really is in trouble, we should get going. Unless you two would rather just hang around here and yell at each other, and in that case I'll go by myself." Big words for how small she felt saying them. She really didn't want to go alone. And then she remembered. "Oh, and it's Lucky, right?"

Meanwhile...

Magnus had been running around for a while, now. He stopped, panting, leaning against a tree for a rest. His eyes surveyed the area in front of him, looking for interesting things. And then he saw something. A very, very shiny rock. It glittered in the filtered greenish sunshine, practically glowing. He went towards it quickly, then reached down and tried to pick it up. And that's when something strange happened. A rope that had been concealed under leaves and things snapped into action and tightened around his foot. He felt an instant tugging at his ankle and then the world was rearranging itself around him. Suddenly Magnus was hanging upside down. Like in the movies. He spun slowly in a circle, some three feet above the ground. It was very confusing, and disorienting. And then he was thinking that it was all worth it for the shiny rock that was... no longer in his hand. He stared at his paw for a while, nose wrinkled, wondering where it had gone. It took him a minute to realize he had dropped it when he had been turned upside down. He looked below him, and there it was. Just out of reach. He was straining to get it when he heard a *crunchcrunchcrunch*. And then a very dirty dog came into view.

He was the strangest dog Magnus had ever seen. He was, as mentioned earlier, very dirty, covered in mud and muck and a couple leaves here or there that had gotten caught in his scraggly, wiry grey and brown mixed fur. His teeth seemed extraordinarily long and sharp, or maybe that was only because he was baring them, like one might while in a fight. Though he had no reason to fight... His claws, likewise, were longer than average, clearly untrimmed. Good for scratching, or climbing. Or hunting. His eyes were very dark blue and were narrowed angrily, and the hair on his muzzle was longer than the rest of his fur, making him look comically like he had a beard. Though there was nothing comical about him. He was the most ferocious looking dog Magnus had ever seen. He wore a black bandana around his neck like a cowboy would in the old movies, and though it was ripped and torn and disgustingly unwashed, Magnus could still see the pattern on it. Skulls. How... generic. But it was still oddly unsettling. He also wore, around his neck, a necklace that consisted of metal wire threaded around a variety of different bones from small animals, and a larger tooth (that might have belonged to a bear) in front. His left eye was slightly more closed than his right, and there was a scar lacing over it on the top and bottom, slashed down the near middle, like Scar's on The Lion King. All together very intimidating. Magnus could only stare for a couple seconds before he shut his mouth, which had been hanging open, and decided to form words. "Hi. I'm Magnus. Who're you? Guess what? I'm upside down. Funny, huh?"
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

(OOC: i thought Matt went to school?...)

"Oh, hi there" said the woman at the counter. "uhm... hi, I'm a friend of Jester" Octavian said.

"oh that explains it, well just go on in"

"uh, thanks" he walked into the hall and looked both ways

"its to you're right! oh and my names Debra!"

"Octavian" he said as he walked down the hall to the right. Studio six, this should be it he thought.
he walked in and looked around, no one. "The bourne identity" was playing Action flick check, comfy chairs check, no one else in the room check-a-rouno he thought as he choose a chair.

"so, uh"

"what?"

"we got a bump coming up"

*flys down a stair case in a car*

"heh. this makes no sense" he thought.

(OOC: i thought i should pull out early, i have a feeling i wont have much time to do this Role Play)

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison shrugged. "Guess I was wrong. Fine, you can come if you want. But I don't want to have to look after you, okay? You'll be able to keep up with us and you can hold your own in a fight, right?"

He turned to Pavelle. "And you can you remember his name and I can't? You even had your head smashed against a dashboard! Behh. I hate memorizing names...Lucky is fairly easy one to remember though." He turned back to Lucky. "However, I don't think you've had the displeasure of learning my name, which happens to be Venison. So, Lucky, how well can you navigate these woods? I sure don't know my way around them. Lead the way, if you're coming."
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky nods. "Well, I've lived here all my life and gone in the woods a few times, I've at least learned which way is North so if we get lost we can come back out near the town." He sighs a little and starts heading towards the wooded area. "I've heard stories of pets going in and becoming ferals, but frankly I've never had any reason to believe it. Always thought it was a story to keep pets out but I can't really deny it so I would watch my step."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was glad that at least they were doing something. And that Lucky and Venison were getting along suddenly. Apparently her opinion actually meant something. Cool. But she wasn't exactly thrilled to go into the woods, though she knew she had to, and definately wasn't thrilled that there might be ferals. She had never really had any feral acquantances but she had heard that they could be a bunch of crazies. And could be really mean. And dangerous. She imagined Magnus surrounded by snarling ferals and shook her head to clear the image. He was fine. Probably out picking flowers or chasing chipmunks or whatever he did. "I don't know the woods, never really been in them," never had the guts to go back into them, "but I do know that we were going down a path before I lost Magnus. A dirt path. If that helps any." She looked at her feet as she walked, hoping she wouldn't wig out when she went back into the trees. There was nobody there to get her. It was most likely that Magnus had snuck up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder as a joke. Most likely.

Meanwhile...

Magnus could practically feel the blood rushing to his brain. And feel the rope cutting into his ankle as he was suspended in the air. It wasn't that these sensations hurt, it was just that they weren't comfortable, either. He squirmed a bit, and the dog cocked his head and stared at Magnus, intense. Like he was measuring him. There was a lot to measure, considering how big Magnus was. Another thing Magnus could feel was how very tense this dog was. Extremely tense. Once again, no reason to show his teeth and be unfriendly, but maybe that's how this dog acted all the time. Magnus squirmed again, and then the dog relaxed a bit and his squint became a little less pronounced. He rotated his head from right to left, always watching Magnus, and inhaled deeply. And then he relaxed even more and took a couple steps forward. The corners of his eyes and mouth turned up into a smile, a genuine smile, and he was completely tansformed. A whole different dog. There were no hostile feelings, no reason to be wary of him. If anything, that smile made you want to be his friend. It was one of those fatherly smiles that children love to recieve. "Well, Magnus. Looks like you got yourself stuck. The name's Griffon, but you may call me Grif for short, if you like." Even his voice was pleasant, if not a bit low and gravelly. Hoarse, kind of. He took a couple more steps forward and stopped, just out of Magnus' reach. "How would you like to get down from there?" Magnus nodded, and the dog's, Grif's, smile grew more pronounced. His teeth glinted as he talked. "Okay, then. I'll make you a deal. I'll help you get down if you promise to come with me and meet a couple friends of mine. A sort of get-together. It'll be kind of like a party." Magnus' ears pricked up at the word. A party?
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote: Balbaroy shrugs and walks inside past Venison, looking around a bit before sitting outside of Rav's kennel cross-legged. "Morning Rav. You okay?"

Rav is still laying out flat on his back on the floor, all sprawed out like dogs like to do..
I'm healing.. it will be a a few days still before i'll be up an steady on my paws again.. It's so nice to have you come an visit me..
Venison has a bit of a rough bedside manor.

he smiles toothly..
What have you been up too since last we met?

OOC arrgh, gets busy the day i have to work a 14 hour shift.. an i'm in northern columbus ohio..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Dirt path? Would that be the one that's a little a ways from your tree, Pavelle? We can just cut through the woods past the tree, by going through Pavelle's backyard. Let's go."
"You know, I could never get lost in the city. It never mattered that almost every tall building looked the same, I just had this intuitive ability to travel on the roads and buildings and know where I was going. And now, it's almost the same conditions, but greener. And we are completely lost. How does that work? Do you think we're at least close to Mangus?"
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Shaking his head, Lucky sniffs the air. "We're not lost. I know exactly how to get back to town from here., but I don't smell any other animals yet just.... hemp?" With that he springs a trap, a simple rope loop that would have pulled him upwards, if he hadn't been lucky enough to side step it.

--------------------

Thinking for a moment, Balbaroy holds up a hand and waves it in the universal "so-so" motion. "Nothing has really been happening. I've just let whatever happened to me happen. No point in fighting the flow of things."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle felt a little better about being in the trees with the two dogs, but still not normal.
"You know, I could never get lost in the city. It never mattered that almost every tall building looked the same, I just had this intuitive ability to travel on the roads and buildings and know where I was going. And now, it's almost the same conditions, but greener. And we are completely lost. How does that work? Do you think we're at least close to Mangus?"
And that worried her. "Lost?" Her voice sounded small, even to her, and she cleared her thought quickly. "What do you mean, lost? And I don't know about Mag. The first time, I thought he would come back to me, but he didn't. I think he left the path. He had in his head that he could tackle anything in here, and that it was just a bunch of trees put together. He thought there was no possible way for him to get lost." She looked around, and subconsiously moved a little closer to Venison's side, shivering. She couldn't imagine coming here at night. So creepy.
"We're not lost. I know exactly how to get back to town from here., but I don't smell any other animals yet just.... hemp?" With that he springs a trap, a simple rope loop that would have pulled him upwards, if he hadn't been lucky enough to side step it.
Pavelle shrieked at the movement and practically jumped onto Venison, getting away from the trap. And then she saw it was just a rope hanging from a tree, and let out a breath of relief. She was so jumpy in here... but maybe she had a right to be. "Why... why do you think there'd be a trap in here? What if Mag stumbled into one of these?" She imagined her brother hanging upside down from a tree and the image was comical, but then in her vision the rope broke and he landed on his head and got a concussion and staggered through the forest and fell into a river that became a waterfall and he died. Her voice took on a panicky tone. "We've got to find him!"

Meanwhile...

Magnus was still hanging upside down, and the prospect of getting down was relieving. Still, for some reason he was cautious. He wouldn't be normally, if Pavelle was here and agreed to the deal, but then Pavelle wasn't here. And she had always told him not to trust strangers. And that meant not going to parties with them. But this dog seemed nice enough, now, and Magnus really loved parties. Especially ones with presents and cake and colorful decorations. He licked his lips, stomach growling, even though he had only eaten breakfast an hour or two ago. "Why're you all throwing a party? And why do you want me to come? You're... you're a stranger, right?"

Grif considered, looking thoughtful. "Well, I wouldn't consider you a stranger to me, Magnus? And as for the party, it's open invitation. Anyone can come."

Magnus was confused, and he was starting to be able to hear blood pumping in his head. And the rope was becoming highly uncomfortable around his foot. He just wanted down. "But why am I not a stranger to you?"

"Well, I know your name, don't I? And I know that you need my help getting down, and that you're a pet who lives just outside of this forest, by your collar and tags. And I bet that you love parties. Don't you love parties? And there'll be games, and decorations. All in good fun. So, what do you say?"

Magnus felt like he should consider, but his mind was made up. "Okay, sounds good to me. As long as I get home by eight tonight." He waited patiently to get down. He didn't find it odd at all that Grif didn't comment on bringing Magnus back home. Grif never made promises that he couldn't keep.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Hmm..." Venison observed the trap. "A very simple rope trap. Not for hunting, just for temporary capture. Like a perimeter defense. It's quite crude by human standards, so it's likely that this was done by a feral animal. It's also likely that there's a guard nearby. It's also likely that there are more of those traps further in, and to our left and right. Most likely, if Mangus would be attracted to things, say, like that shiny rock in that was in the middle of the trap, Mangus will be close-by, probably caught in a trap.
Grif heard another one of his traps get sprung; a trap that was very close by. "Ah, another guest has invited them self to my party. You wouldn't mind hanging around while I went and got them, would you Mangus? The more the merrier, after all! I promise I'll be back very soon, okay?" Grif smirked and walked off. That big guy wasn't going anywhere.
"What would be the fastest recon method...Pavelle, you're a raccoon, so you're good at traversing trees, right? The safest way to do this is to have you traverse the trees in the direction we're moving. That way we can spot traps, because you'll see the ropes in the trees. If you're lucky, you might see Mangus, or a feral that might know where he is."
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle hesitated, then nodded. And then she turned and scrambled up a nearby tree. It wasn't as easy as going up the one near her house, she knew the handholds on that one, but still, she could do it better than any normal dog. Or cat, for that matter. She quickly scaled the lower branches, then went up a little more carefully to the upper ones. Less foliage up here, making for better seeing. Still, she wished she had never given up those stupid binoculars. They might have been handy in this situation. She squinted through leaves and branches, and saw that Venison was right; there were a lot of traps around. It was just lucky that Lucky had sprung one and not gotten caught by it; even luckier that they hadn't already tripped one. And then she noticed a figure coming towards them, from a relatively thinner bunch of trees. A clearing. And at the end of it, a large figure, looking like they had been caught by a trap. Magnus. Her heart skipped a beat. She scurried down out of the upper reaches of the tree, and then hung down to speak to Venison and Lucky. "If you haven't already seen or heard, there's somebody coming this way. Due to meet our group here in a couple moments. And I think I spotted Magnus in a trap, a bit in that direction." She pointed towards the clearing.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote: Thinking for a moment, Balbaroy holds up a hand and waves it in the universal "so-so" motion. "Nothing has really been happening. I've just let whatever happened to me happen. No point in fighting the flow of things."

Rav gets up off the floor an climbs back up into the chair at the table.. an starts lapping at the orange juice again..

There's still some bacon, an danishes left from breakfast up here.. if you want something to munch on.

Looking over his shoulder back down the hallway..

I wonder where Venison has disappeared off too? he must have desided that he needed to go off an be alone away from the rest of us for a while..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Let's see...Pavelle, I think you can set off the traps from the tree without them harming you. Set off as many as you can around us and Mangus, then act on your feet. Don't go charging off without Lucky though. He's our ticket out."

"Lucky, how well can you fight? Ferals are good scrappers. Get ready, be on guard."

A voice came out of the bushes. "Well, well, what do we have here? Another recruit for my pack?" The voice was very taunt-like. "Oh? You dodged my trap I see. How lucky." This voice sounded more like a scowl.

"A recruit for your pack? What are you, some type of kidnapper?" 'Dang, where is he?'

"Nothing more than a draft. Most pets just love to be with me once they're in anyway."

"Oh really? I'm actually not a pet myself. I'm a full-blown stray. Been living in cities for past two years." Venison cautiously bent down and picked up a rock.

"Is that a request to join my pack?"

"Not quite. I'm just warning you of my credentials."

"What makes you think you can beat me?"

"Numbers, mainly. Intelligence."

"Hah. I've always been a feral. You think you can beat me with street smarts?"

"No, book smarts."

Venison pitched the rock in the direction of the voice he had located, and the rock was received with a high yelp.

"My good eye! You dirty *****!"

"Like you're any better. Now run along before I have to make you."

"You haven't won, you *****. You'd better pray you're out of the woods in fifteen minutes or there's gonna be hell to pay." With that, Venison heard scurrying away from his position.

Venison looked at Lucky. "He's getting his pack, I'll bet. Well, you heard the man. We got fifteen minutes."
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

"Whoa whoa, hang on. We can't just leave Magnus here. Who knows what kind of... *sniff sniff* Wait a minute, I know that smell." He sniffs the air a little, almost confused. "Patches?" Losing his state of mind he starts to wander off a little, stepping directly into another rope trap, this one managing to ensnare him. "Ah ****! God**** **** son of a ***** **** *** ****! How could I be so stupid?"

--------------------

Kalvin sniffs around and grabs a little bacon and begins gnawing on it contentedly. "Oh, that raccoon came up and talked to him. She sounded worried. Maybe he went to help her?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:
Kalvin sniffs around and grabs a little bacon and begins gnawing on it contentedly. "Oh, that raccoon came up and talked to him. She sounded worried. Maybe he went to help her?"

Rav Hmmmmms, sitting back in the chair.
Well now that is very interesting, very interesting indeed..
I wonder if Venison has a thing for that raccoon.. there may be raccoon-dog pups in the future..
What do you think, would they make a cute couple?
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy gives a confused look to Rav, takes a few moments then shrugs. "I'unno." He sits down and looks up to Rav cluelessly. "So how did you hurt your leg anyways?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle quietly pulled herself up into the tree, and then went around snapping the branches that the ropes were tied to. And if the branches were too thick to snap, she just untied them. The knots were solid, but she was pretty good at undoing knots and things. It came from knotting and unknotting sheets for going out the window when she was a littler 'coon. When her parents were a lot harder to sneak by and she wasn't quite as agile. She made her way slowly towards Magnus, disabling all the traps she could locate on the way. She refrained from cutting Magnus' line, though, for one obvious reason; if she undid it he would fall three feet and land on his head. And she wasn't strong enough to slowly lower him to safety, so he'd just have to stay. "Magnus," she hissed, from the trees, "Don't worry, I'm coming back for you. Hang tight." She hung around just long enough for him to reply.

"Pavelle, are you a ghost?" He sounded hesitant, and a little frightened. She only shook her head. It was a wonder that he hadn't already gotten trapped in one of these. Only her keeping away from this place had saved this from happening before. And the worse thing was, if the ferals set up more traps and Magnus found his way back into here, he would probably fall for the whole 'shiny rock' ruse again. She went back to the group through the trees, just in case there might be ferals around to spot her. Once back with Lucky and Venison, she swung down the branches and reunited her feet with the ground. Somehow, it was less creepy being in the forest when you were actually in the trees. And when you knew what you were up against. She brushed stray leaves from her fur, and then gave a small smile. "All clear. I couldn't take Magnus --" And that's when she saw Lucky in a tree. She just stared at him for a second. "How'd you get in there if you're so lucky?" It was an honest question. She wasn't poking fun, or trying to be mean. Just... curious. It seemed a strange thing to happen.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Looks like you missed one, Pavelle," Venison said in a semi-joking tone. "Lucky, you think you can land on your hands when Pavelle gets you down? Because I don't think I'm strong enough to catch you. And Patches? What do you mean by..."

"Focus. Pavelle, we have about fifteen minutes before whomever trapped Mangus comes back with a small army of feral animals. So we need to hurry and get Mangus and clear the woods."