HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:John looks down in surprise at where the cat is purring against his leg. "Uh, you're welcome. A week, you said? I suppose you'd better stay with us for a while too then. Can't have you starving. And I don't think Joan's making turkey tonight, boy." He gives the cat's ears a rub and finishes by adressing the dog. After extricating himself from Mercury's embrace he checks on Joan's plans for dinner, then jumps into his car and runs to the supermarket, making it 10 minutes before closing time. After purchasing a couple of steaks, a fish, some cat and dog kibble, and a selection of veggies, he purchases a bottle of gas from the servo and then returns home where he drags a large box out onto the back porch. Opening the box he pulls out a variety of metal shapes and pieces which he soon assembles into a barbeque. Attaching the gas bottle and firing it up, he soon has the steaks and fish sizzling on the grill. Joan soon brings out the chopped up veggies and arranges them on the hotplate opposite the grill. It doesn't take long before the delicious smells are wafting out across the lawn.
"Dinner's ready everyone." calls Joan as John goes to wake Koa. She puts a steak on a plate for her, John, and Ryyn, along with a handful of kibble for the dog, the fish (also with some kibble) on a plate for Mercury, and the veggies she deals out between the humans, the rabbits and Koa.
"I don't know if any of you pets usually use cutlery but it's there if you want it." she gestures at the outdoor table as she hands out the plates. There's also water in the jug there if you're thirsty and you can use either the bowls or the cups whichever you rather. We might as well eat out here since it's such a lovely evening."
"Are you sure? I don't wanna be a bother, you've already got a couple of other animals staying here too." The cat mumbled as dinner was called. Mercury put aside his qualms and spirited for silverware and his plate of fish, "Thank you, Miss Joan!" he called, taking a glass of water and sitting down. Soon Mercury began to eat, purring louder than he had been
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn starts to wag at a rapid rate as the plate is placed before him and he picks up the silver ware. "Do we um need to pray or give thanks here?"
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're welcome, Koa and um... Mercury." replies Joan, squinting at the cat's collar. Then she giggles. "Wow. It's been quite a few years since I've been called "Miss Joan". The last time would have been when your old dog knocked us both into the pond, John. Do you remember?"
John laughs. "How could I forget? You were trying to dry yourself with your sopping wet hanky so I offered you mine which was just as soaked!" The happy couple laugh again at the memory.
Joan answers Ryyn. "We like to but we don't expect you to at all. But you're more than welcome to join us if you wish." She, John and Flynn bow their heads as John gives a quick prayer of thanks, before resuming chattering and beginning eating.
"So Flynn tells me you guys are mostly new here too. Where are you all from?" Joan asks the pets in general, making small talk.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Kandi's last words woke the cougar out of her trance.
"No, I'm done.". She said quickly, reaching for the water knob and managing to turn it off.

Kandi wait for the cougar to shake out a few times, before rubbing her down with the towel.
She then gets the hair dryer, and starts blowing out her fur, using a round brush to fluff up her fur, and dry the under coat.
After 15 to 20 mins of blow drying, and another 30 mins of brushing her fur out, Senka looks ready to be entered into a cat show.

They go back to the exam room.
Senka gets weighed, measured, has her heart and chest listen too.
Ok now lean over the table, and hold into the that bar.. an keep ahold of it.
Kandi grasps the base of her tail an takes her temperature, expecting a long line of hissing and complaining. if not clawing and dismembering.
There you go, the worse is over. An..... your temperature is normal.

Now we will do a blood draw.
She takes the cougars arm and holds it under her arm.
You will feel a little stick... Kandi slips the little needle in under the skin of her arm, and the bottle fills with her blood, she switches it out with another bottle. then pulls out the needle.. holding the spot with a cotton ball.
There that is all over with.. You are such a surprising and brave girl!!

Kandi goes over to the cabinet and prepares Senka inoculations, and her pet chip.
she comes back over to the cougar with the tray covered with a cloth.
these two are your inoculations, this one is to numb you up, for your pet chip which is in here.
She waves the scanner over the injector an it goes Beep and reads out a number.
That's going to be your pet number, with that number people can find out if your up to date on your shots, you can prove that your are a pet with that number, even if your lose your collar. where you live, who your owner/guardian is.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha ducks into the office to take something for her incipient headache... oh what a day... then continues to Cinnamon's room to retrieve Rusty.

"What have you been DOING in here... I mean...?"

She grabs the big weasel by the scruff of the neck, "Those aren't my dominoes, I hope? And what did I say about writing on books? You're going to clean this up, I hope!"

"No maam, those are mine. Just making some notes about the soliton flux in dog hair, I bet I can get fifty percent better... I mean yes Mrs. Walton! I'll clean it up right now!"

"See you do, and we get plenty of free pads from the gourmet pet food company, you don't have to scribble on... what is it... 'Transient Shock Wave Propogation in the Interstellar Medium'... where on earth do you find... no, don't answer that."

She takes Rusty's paw. "Your owner's here and Cinnamon's going to be busy for a while, so why don't you come with me..."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Actually," explained Lucky in between mouth fulls, "I've lived here for most of my life. My mom is my is the head librarian here, and my dad is a dentist with an office just outside of town."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa reached into his pouch to pull out one of his herbs, which he then scrunched p and sprinkle on his veggies. "I just moved here recently...with...my owner."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury swallowed a forkful of kibble and raised his head to speak, "I used to live really far up north," he sipped his water, "But then I got re-adopted, and moved around for maybe a year, then I was settled here!"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

After bowing his head he begins to eat some of the steak on his plate before answering. "I'm more from the east about. We used to live in a much smaller village with mostly cats, they weren't the nice kind either."

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

So far Kandi was right about the examination. Getting poked, prodded, and injected was not fun...at all.
She sat stiffly on the exam table as Kandi brought over a tray, looking troubled as the woman spoke.
Keeshah wrote: That's going to be your pet number, with that number people can find out if your up to date on your shots, you can prove that your are a pet with that number, even if your lose your collar. where you live, who your owner/guardian is.
"Wait, but... I'm not a pet.".
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well we've come all the way from Australia. That is a loooong plane ride." says Joan.
"Yeah," mumbles Flynn around a mouthfull of food. "'Specially if you're stuffed into a cage in the hold."
"Flynn! Manners, please. And we already apologised for that. Airline regulations, you know. It was that or swim."
Flynn swallows before replying. "Sorry, Mum. I know. But it wasn't exactly comfortable. Pass the water please, Mercury? Thanks. Anyways, we're lucky Dad found this place. We had to move away somewhere so I didn't get myxo so when Dad was offered the position over here it seemed like the perfect opportunity. What was that herb you put on your food, Koa?" he asks, having noticed the corgi crumbling the leaf.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"Um okay!" Rusty said as he was dragged off by Samantha, but not before waving goodbye to Cinnamon. "Good-Bye! I hope we can play again soon! It was fun!"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

gives the meat a second look as he chews on it. "This isn't kangaroo meat is it? I don't mean to be insulting I've just heard rumors..."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John laughs at Ryyns question. "It's true some people in Australia do eat kangaroo, and we've tried it but we both find it a bit chewy for our liking. This is just plain, ordinary cow backside. I don't know if you even can buy kangaroo over here. I suppose there'd be a specialty shop somewhere..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"This is my medicine. It helps relieve the pain from my...uhh...leg. And any other pain I have within my body." Koa was hoping that Flynn didn't already see his X-rays from last night. Even though he already did. "Which reminds me...I used a lot of my herbs today I need to go out to gather more later."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury passed the jug of water and then finishes off his plate, "Thank you for the food!" he wiped his mouth, "Is there any more?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:So far Kandi was right about the examination. Getting poked, prodded, and injected was not fun...at all.
She sat stiffly on the exam table as Kandi brought over a tray, looking troubled as the woman spoke.
Keeshah wrote: That's going to be your pet number, with that number people can find out if your up to date on your shots, you can prove that your are a pet with that number, even if your lose your collar. where you live, who your owner/guardian is.
"Wait, but... I'm not a pet.".
That's ok, it's just an RFID chip. Pets have them, Zoo animals have them, Most of the livestock out in the fields have them, If you had been captured and released by the rangers out in the wild, you would have one.

Kandi takes the first one, and pulls up Senka's fur over her left shoulder on her back. She numbs the spot and the muscles under it.
She takes the next one, pulls up her scruff and gives her the first inoculation, the stick of the needle is hardly noticable, just the cool of the medicine being injected.
She switches injectors, and pulls up another spot on her scruff, an gives her the 2nd one.
There almost all done with these.
She takes the RFID chip injector, pulls up the numbed spot on her back. an places the chip into the muscle of the shoulder.
There all done! My sweet and wonderful girl.

Now these you just eat. this white pill, will kill off any ticks or fleas still hiding in your fur. This one is your heartguard, which kills and prevents heartworms. an the third one kills off other types of nasty internal parasites.
Kandi goes and gets a bowl of cold water. there you go.

Kandi blows up a patch of fur on the cougars back, and applies the feline frontline.
An that will keep the bugs from feasting on you.

So are you ready to eat now?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka shrugs, taking the pills from Kandi and them popping them in her mouth and crunching them between her teeth. Afterwards she drinks the cold water from the bowl, washing the taste from her mouth. She wondered why humans gave their pets so much protective stuff. It's like they can't live in their own bodies by themselves.
"Are we almost done yet?". Senka asked impatiently, getting tired of all the needles and pills.

Ref Ref!
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Nods his head quickly in reply now more interesting in finishing his meal. After a few minutes all that is left of the steak is the bone which he begins to chew on. "I love this, it even comes with a chew toy!"

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

LovingCorgi wrote:"This is my medicine. It helps relieve the pain from my...uhh...leg. And any other pain I have within my body." Koa was hoping that Flynn didn't already see his X-rays from last night. Even though he already did. "Which reminds me...I used a lot of my herbs today I need to go out to gather more later."
John looks at him. "You mean in the woods? Out of the question, I'm afraid. It's far too dangerous while those poachers are still out there. If you need pain meds you'll have to make do with the conventional stuff from the vet."
Esper wrote:Mercury passed the jug of water and then finishes off his plate, "Thank you for the food!" he wiped his mouth, "Is there any more?"
Joan laughs. "And here, I thought cats were supposed to be picky about their food! There's more kibble in the bag over next to the barbeque if you're still hungry. And you're quite welcome, by the way."
sunauto wrote:Nods his head quickly in reply now more interesting in finishing his meal. After a few minutes all that is left of the steak is the bone which he begins to chew on. "I love this, it even comes with a chew toy!"
Flynn giggles at that. "It's a canine Happy Meal!" he quips.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka shrugs, taking the pills from Kandi and them popping them in her mouth and crunching them between her teeth. Afterwards she drinks the cold water from the bowl, washing the taste from her mouth. She wondered why humans gave their pets so much protective stuff. It's like they can't live in their own bodies by themselves.
"Are we almost done yet?". Senka asked impatiently, getting tired of all the needles and pills.

All done completely!
So lets get you bedded down in a kennel to rest, An i'll get you set up with a TV. I have to go check on the horses and get them fed and bedded down for the night. then i'll be back with a nice big steak for you
that sound ok to you?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I guess...". Senka responded. The cougar was having trouble with keeping up with all this information, experiencing something similar to a culture shock.
"Wait, what's a 'kennel'?"

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"I guess...". Senka responded. The cougar was having trouble with keeping up with all this information, experiencing something similar to a culture shock.
"Wait, what's a 'kennel'?"
Uhmmmm. bluntly, it's a cage. Is that a problem for you?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka nodded slowly.
"Kinda, well, I mean...". The cougar felt she could trust Kandi but... Something in the back of her mind had doubts. And the fact that she didn't like being stuck in an enclosed space. But maybe...
"Could you maybe... Leave the door open?"

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka nodded slowly.
"Kinda, well, I mean...". The cougar felt she could trust Kandi but... Something in the back of her mind had doubts. And the fact that she didn't like being stuck in an enclosed space. But maybe...
"Could you maybe... Leave the door open?"

Yes, i can do that for my big brave girl!
Petting Senka's soft fluffy fur.
A lot of pets sleep in kennels, they come to think of it as their safe place, their den.
Since you can only get in or through the one door, your protected on all sides.

I have a hard question for you. How trusting of a wild cougar, you just met, would you be right now?
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"aww....ok" Koa said with displeasure.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Bag, I haven't seen one." Paul calls Sandy, who hasn't seen it either, and the teenager runs off to ask Samantha... no luck there, but she does remember him having it when she was treating him the first time. "And he came back and got his collar from Sandy, I remember that.

"Sandy, ask the Rangers to keep a look out for it."

"Right, Dad, and I'll ask Mrs. Sparagmos."

"NOT UNTIL SHE'S DONE WITH THE COUGAR!"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky had been silently eating this whole time. "This is good food. Thank you!"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're welcome. We're from Australia. Barbequing things is our speciality." smiles John.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Umm... I guess not that much." in the forest everything was considered territory. The more territory the more food, water, etc. And if another cougar tried to take some away...
"But more than humans.". Senka glanced up at Kandi.
"Err, more than most humans.". She corrected, not wanting to offend Kandi.
"Why?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury nodded happily and quickly padded up to the bag of food, scooping a pile of it onto his plate. The cat hummed a happy little tune as he sat back down and began to eat, purring loudly
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Takes the bone from his mouth to speak. "If people in Australia always eat like this I should get Dad to move us there!" He then goes back to gnawing on the steak bone with great determination.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"And deprive us of the pleasure of your company? Never!" replies Joan as she gathers up the dirty dishes. She takes them inside before returning a few minutes lates and asking:
"Anyone have any preferences as to sleeping arrangments? Anyone particularly want to share a room with anyone else or particularly want their own room?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'll let you or your owner know if we dig up your bag. It's getting late... Sandy the recovery rooms are clean? Show this guy to number one and we'll call his owner in the morning."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Hm..." Mercury thought for a moment, "I'll sleep wherever you've got room, ha ha!"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Raises his paw wagging while hopping up and down in the chair slightly "Oh oh I have an idea we could all build a large fort with blankets and chairs and things and then sleep in that!"

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I second that." declared Lucky.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You mean like camping? I'm sure I saw the tent somewhere in the pile of junk in the living room. I could set that up out here in the yard for you if you like. suggests John.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"hmmm... Never been camping before. Do we go inside the forest and set up the tent?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No! We'll keep well away from there until the poachers are caught. We'll just set it up in the yard for now. It's a three man so should be big enough to fit all of you. You can put the lantern from your hutch in there, Flynn."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters