HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I was actually there to protect that lady and Nadia if the cat tried anything. I have a bit of martial arts training so... It seems to have calmed down and be talking reasonably now but it would probably be a good idea to have a tranq dart ready just in case. I assume you have that sort of thing?"

"Alright then. Feel free to join in if you change your mind." Flynn rejoins the game.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I just want to be left alone!" The mountain lion yelled, extending and un-extending her claws in agitation. Her tail lashed.
"You know how long those guys have been out there? Looking? I had to hide, everyday." She started pacing back and forth.
"I saw two more being carried away yesterday. And no one cared, heck no one knew! Until those pets got involved..." She kicked the ground and let out a growl of frustration.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"I just want to be left alone!" The mountain lion yelled, extending and un-extending her claws in agitation. Her tail lashed.
"You know how long those guys have been out there? Looking? I had to hide, everyday." She started pacing back and forth.
"I saw two more being carried away yesterday. And no one cared, heck no one knew! Until those pets got involved..." She kicked the ground and let out a growl of frustration.

if that is the case, why didn't you trek out to the ranger station, and tell them what was going on?

Too bad for me, no big cat to look after...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

And at this point , even Nadia lost it , she bared her teeth , the claws stretched out while she looked at the cat , yelled back
"LEFT ALONE ?! IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A FERAL !"
then she grabbed the lioness and looked at her straight in the eyes , and growl so that the cat know she's serious
"what are you , some kind of lost pet ? you're even more pathetic then the pets around here , knowing how dangerous it is to be around human and yet you do this ! You really think no one knows ? I know ! I care , and for fur sake I even know about the poachers before these useless humans do , all of these time those poachers were in there , in your woods , if you and those coward critters would just get some gut and kill off those cursed apes , none of these would've ever happen , being left alone ? Ha! you can't even--"
<curatrix ! Hold , your , tongue !> the eagle said , landed next to Kandi , and give the human a bow as a sign of respect
"...I-I'm sorry" the fox then took a deep breath , and let go of the cougar
"look , just calm down , I know they're still out there , I know how you feel and what you've been through , but please just stay calm and think about this , now that you're here , these humans in this building will not harm you , you're safe for now . There're some other humans out there looking for those criminals right now , soon they will catch them , and then everything will be back to normal , but until then , if you need a place to hide from them , perhaps...." then she looks at Kandi , hoping the human would find the compassion to help out "....perhaps one of us , me or her , can help "
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:if that is the case, why didn't you trek out to the ranger station, and tell them what was going on?
"A ranger what?"
serence ice fox wrote:And at this point , even Nadia lost it , she bared her teeth , the claws stretched out while she looked at the cat , yelled back
"LEFT ALONE ?! IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A FERAL !"
Despite being in a rage the mountain lion flinched when the fox grabbed her. And after the fox had calmed down, she found that she had too.
The mountain lion took a deep breath, trying to maintain some sense of composure (for the first time).
"I'm...sorry. I'm just..." She didn't know how to describe it. Frustrated? Exhausted? Stressed?
"Just tired." She said. Looking from the fox to Kandi.
"And seeing humans trying to 'help' is (in my opinion) uncharacteristic, to say the least." She shrugged, looking at he ground.
"But I guess I could use some...help." She grumbled the last word softly, as if saying it was like eating bile.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

at last , a smile appeared on Nadia's face , the same smile she had when she knew the wolf was ok
"hehehe...ya , it's weird isn't it , but trust me you can never understand human anyway...so , alright then....."
then she turned to look at the human
"Mrs.....erm, I know this is way too much to ask , considering our first encounter wasn't going that well , but....I don't think we can have an easy time to hide her , consider my house is kinda small , and the food...." she look back at the cougar , with a somewhat comical smile "let just say you'd rather hunt your own , hehehe"
"so anyway , would you please be so kind , help my friend here for a bit , just until this whole poacher thing stop ?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:if that is the case, why didn't you trek out to the ranger station, and tell them what was going on?
"A ranger what?"
The ranger station, that big tall wooden tower with the brick building under it. There like animal cops, they protect you forest critters from fire, bad humans, inoculate them from diseases.
serence ice fox wrote:And at this point , even Nadia lost it , she bared her teeth , the claws stretched out while she looked at the cat , yelled back
<curatrix ! Hold , your , tongue !> the eagle said , landed next to Kandi , and give the human a bow as a sign of respect
"...I-I'm sorry" the fox then took a deep breath , and let go of the cougar

Kandi AArrghgh! an jumps, scooting up against the cougar! as an Eagle now appears out of nowhere, Landing right next to her and starts screeching! apparently at the fox..
What is with today? night of the lepus?
Roarin wrote:Despite being in a rage the mountain lion flinched when the fox grabbed her. And after the fox had calmed down, she found that she had too.
The mountain lion took a deep breath, trying to maintain some sense of composure (for the first time).
"I'm...sorry. I'm just..." She didn't know how to describe it. Frustrated? Exhausted? Stressed?
"Just tired." She said. Looking from the fox to Kandi.
"And seeing humans trying to 'help' is (in my opinion) uncharacteristic, to say the least." She shrugged, looking at he ground.
"But I guess I could use some...help." She grumbled the last word softly, as if saying it was like eating bile.

Kandi looks up at the cougar, where she ended up sprawled after the sudden appearance of the birds.
Perhaps we both could!..
By the way, do you have a name?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Name? Umm..." She paused, thinking for a minute, then shook her head. Interactions with people were limited to none.
"Nope. Isn't that a thing humans give pets?"

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"that pretty much it , but at least for now you need one to blend in , worse case scenario you could be consider a pet and the humans will help you because of it "
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Name? Umm..." She paused, thinking for a minute, then shook her head. Interactions with people were limited to none.
"Nope. Isn't that a thing humans give pets?"

I figured we would be partners in this, since your not wanting to be a pet.
Shadow?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hearing Nadia's yelling, Kandi's cry and the eagle's screech, John looks at the doc and then sprints back around to the front of the building. Seeing that everybody is OK, he checks his rapid pace and approaches more calmly.
"Is everything alright? I heard the yelling." he queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:Hearing Nadia's yelling, Kandi's cry and the eagle's screech, John looks at the doc and then sprints back around to the front of the building. Seeing that everybody is OK, he checks his rapid pace and approaches more calmly.

Kandi's now huddled up against the cougar, recovering from the fright the Eagle had given her.
Uumm yea.. just a few surprise happenings is all...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Hearing Nadia's yelling, Kandi's cry and the eagle's screech, John looks at the doc and then sprints back around to the front of the building. Seeing that everybody is OK, he checks his rapid pace and approaches more calmly.

Kandi's now huddled up against the cougar, recovering from the fright the Eagle had given her.
Uumm yea.. just a few surprise happenings is all...
"aliens attack , boggies coming out in daylight , vampires start to sparkle , men turns into animals , pirates !! But you just missed it all sir" Nadia say , cracking up at her own joke
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:I figured we would be partners in this, since your not wanting to be a pet.
Shadow?
The mountain lion thought for a moment, tilting her head slightly to the side, then shook her head.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:I figured we would be partners in this, since your not wanting to be a pet.
Shadow?
The mountain lion thought for a moment, tilting her head slightly to the side, then shook her head.

Ahhhh. I know! Xena! the warrior princess. unless you like Red Sonja better?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm...Sonja..." The mountain lion rolled the name in her head.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

as they started choosing the name for the cougar , the eagle flew up and landed on Nadia's shoulder while she walks a few step away
"thank you for your timely intervention , that was very inappropriate of me "
<it is my pleasure little one , you need not to be ashamed of yourself , for it is those emotions that shows your true caring for others , you only need to learn to show them in a different way>
"yes , I understand , thank you , though I must ask the reason of you being here "
<I only came to inform you of the young wolf's arrival and his companion , though it seems you've already met both of them>
"oh I see , then....that's it for now ? what about the poachers"
<such matters are to be of other occasion , for now you need not to be worried , instead would it not be more considerate to help the young cougar with that of her desire ? She is after all , the one who had fulfill yours>
"yes i supposed so , may we meet again my elder"
<til then , little one> and so the eagle flew away
~~~~~~
"So ! find a name you like yet?"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed May 22, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

how about Senka? I think it means "hunter in the shadows"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I was actually there to protect that lady and Nadia if the cat tried anything. I have a bit of martial arts training so... It seems to have calmed down and be talking reasonably now but it would probably be a good idea to have a tranq dart ready just in case. I assume you have that sort of thing?"
Paul shakes his head, "Tranquillizers don't work fast enough for this kind of situation. I've only seen them take down an animal in less than a couple of minutes once in my life, and I'm pretty sure that was psychosomatic. And I suspect a bit of martial arts training is worse than useless, even if you've trained against wildcats... you got lucky, man. If it went the other way... I wouldn't lay odds against Kandi having to protect you instead..."

At this moment Kandi yells, and Paul darts by John, rounding the corner, airgun at the ready even if it won't work, I have to do something... and stops, and backs out of sight before he spooks the bird. "Mr. Porter... now would be a good time to get into the car, it's turning into a Disney movie out there..." and as John sprints past him he grabs and misses, and makes a rapidly suppressed yell: "MISTER PO... rter, are you... crazy..."

I think Kandi's right, there's something bad in the water.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Nods in reply as he is given the answer to his question. "Er well here I go, Lucky wish me luck..." Holding the ball in his paw he swings his arm back then forward as he lets go. He frowns as the shot only goes withing six feet of the wooden ball. "This is a bit harder than fetch isn't it?" He shyly scratches at his head fur a moment.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Little bit!" Flynn laughs, winking at Ryyn and holding his fingers a few milimetres apart to show just how small the difference is. "Lucky, you're up. Try to hit the jack and not us." he pleads.

Leaving the group again, John returns to Paul. "When I say a "bit of training" I'm being modest. I'm a fourth dan judoka. I reckon I could handle a mountain lion as long as I avoided the claws. I know it was rash to run out there but I honestly thought they were being attacked and I couldn't in good conscience walk away from that, not when I could potentially have saved them. I hope you understand and don't think any less of me for it."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well I'm bored, while you two thinking about your name , cat , I'm gonna go do something , call me if ya need anything , no serious , yell if something happen , hehehe " Nadia said , then walk back to where Paul and John were , trying to be as casual as possible .
Then she lowered her voice so the lioness won't hear what she's about to say "Mr.Walton , please put that away , she's ok , I promise , please just put that away , she's trying to find someone to help her get away from the poachers , if she comes this way and sees you with a gun like this she'll freak out ! And Mr.Porter sir , thanks for your concern earlier , but that cat's still very scared of humans in general , so it's best that you leave us for now , I promise Mrs..erm....who-ever-she-is and I got everything under control , no one will get hurt , now that the three of us understood each other . "
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed May 22, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm... Let's go find him.". Zanna said, grabbing Doc's hand and pulling him towards the entrance.
"I think they went to the front to look at the cat.". She thought out loud, then glanced up at the wolf.
"Where did you find a lion anyways?". The husky asked curiously, remembering everyone referring to the cat as a "lioness"

"That's sounds okay...". The mountain lion mused.
"Has a nice ring to it."
And and a moment later she shrugged and nodded.
"Sure."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul urges both Nadia and John away from the entrance and around the back. "I quite understand, girl, that's what I'm trying to do, get everyone to stop crowding and threatening her. I deal with wild animals all the time, and the last thing we need is more stimulation. I don't know how much experience you have with your wild cousins, but they live on the edge of necessity, and because they have to always be ready to fight or flee they seem unstable to us civilized folk..."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"oh !..."
ok ? that's unexpected ? you would think he'll be more aggressive with a gun , and he got everything right too , so.....what now?
"erm....ok I see , guess I worried over nothing hehehehehe , well ok then , for now at least Mrs....I'm sorry I haven't got her name , anyway the cougar is now pretty much trust us both , but I better go back out there just in case , not that anything bad could happen now , you better get going though Mr.Porter , and say hi to Flynn for me...."
Nadia then about to walk back out before remember something , go back to Paul with a sheepish smile on her face "hehehe Mr.Walton sir , I'm sure today's been crazy and all with all the sick pets and me running away , but you *might* wanna prepare yourself mentally for another....*ahem* , surprise , hehehehe"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I don't think you need to do anything more, I'm sure Kandi will calm her down, and when she's calm and back in the forest where she belongs she'll be fine! Let's go back inside for now, and once she's gone you can both go back home."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yeeaaaaahh...about that...oh nevermind , I'm gonna wait and see what happen , from how do you put it.....a safe distance " Nadia giggled
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John acquiesces. "Well if you two are both sure it's safe... I should probably go anway. Our "friend" in my car is probably starting to overheat by now. You'll call me tonight and let me know what's happening? If you've got the wolf and the lion sorted out, that is." To Nadia he says "I'll pass your message along to Flynn." Then, making a wide circle outside of the lion's vision he climbs back into his car and switches on the aircon. Turning to Koa he apologises.
"Sorry that took so long, Koa. As you can see there were a few... unexpected developments. It seems you're stuck with me for a while - at least until tonight when Doctor Walton calls to let me know what's going... on... Is that my sudoku you've done? I've been stuck on that one for months! How ever did you manage it? I didn't think I'd ever get past it!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Letting out a smile Koa began to say "It's all good. Anyways, first you would put a 2 here and a 9 there..." Koa went on explaining the solution all the way back to John's house.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, you've done better than I could on that one." says John after enduring the whole solution. Arriving home he pick up Koa again and after finding out from Joan where the other pets are, deposits him under the tree next to Kousa where he can watch the game. He's about to head back into the house when he remembers something.
"Oh, by the way, Nadia, Flynn said... I mean, by the way, Flynn, Nadia said hi." he calls awkwardly. "I got some alfalfa straw for your hutch too, by the way."

"Thanks, Dad. Tell Nadia I said hi back again if you see her before I do."
"I will." replies John before going off to fetch the bale of hay. It doesn't take long before he returns though.
"Oh, by the way, Koa, could I have my phone back now please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "That's sounds okay...". The mountain lion mused.
"Has a nice ring to it."
And and a moment later she shrugged and nodded.
"Sure."

Kandi takes the cougars paw into her hand.
Then that is who you will be known as now.
So are you calm and brave enough, to go inside the clinic?
I'm thinking the next thing we need to do is an exam, and get you up to date on your inoculations.
I'm pretty sure your going to hate it, but it is necessary to make sure your healthy and keep you that way.
Then i'm going to have a pile of paperwork to do, to make this work.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Let's go inside and wait..."

When he hears the car start, Paul cringes... what part of 'wait' didn't you get, John?... but nothing horrible seems to happen, so he leads Nadia round to the back door and re-enters the clinic.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Sure." After handing John his phone back he cuddles up to Kousa. "It's been awhile since we've been able to do this, sitting under a tree together." "Yeah, but now we both have friends." "I guess when I get a new home, I'll have to write a book about this."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Kandi takes the cougars paw into her hand.
Then that is who you will be known as now.
So are you calm and brave enough, to go inside the clinic?
I'm thinking the next thing we need to do is an exam, and get you up to date on your inoculations.
I'm pretty sure your going to hate it, but it is necessary to make sure your healthy and keep you that way.
Then i'm going to have a pile of paperwork to do, to make this work.
Instinctively Senka pulled her paw back, her muscles tensing at the human's sudden warm gesture. She paused for a moment, then tentatively held her paw back out for Kandi to hold.
"Sorry.". She half said half coughed. Human interactions... She'll have to get used to it if she's gonna live with one for awhile...
"And I'm not scared.". She muttered, looking at the entrance to the door.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Nad!" Josh exclaimed , seeing the fox coming out from the back with Paul
"what happened ? what were you think--sorry Mr.Walton , please excuse us , what were you doing out there?"
"hehehehehe"
"errrr....why do you have that evil grin again ?"
"come on , let's find somewhere to sit down and wait til we can leave , and the collar...."
"here , you still haven't answered me though"
"let's just say.....today's a good day, and at the end of it , it's gonna be....shocking , hehehehe"
Josh just smiled , don't really know what the fox meant by that , but he's been living with her for awhile now , so....it couldn't be something bad.....could it ?
and they sat there , for a moment , before Josh remembered what Paul said to him earlier , and whispered to Nadia
"hey , Nad !"
".....if everyone cares , nobody cry , if everyone lov-hm?"
"Mr.Walton talked to me earlier , about ....you"
"what about me exactly ?"
"he thinks I need to send you to an obedience school"
"and what did you say?"
"I'll look into it"
".....will you?"
"I gotta trust my partner , don't I ? ;) "
"heh...."
"if everyone cares...."
"nobody cries"
"if everyone loves"
"and nobody lies...."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury turned to Kousa to speak, but held his tongue until she was off the phone, at that point he replied quietly, "Yes, I draw."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul returns to the counter and asks his son, "OK, Sandy, where are we at?"

"I've taken care of these two customers, but Mum's still out back with Cinnamon and that little dog."

Paul raises an eyebrow.

"I don't know. I don't know what Cinnamon's been up to. I never know what Cinnamon's been up to."

"Whether you do or not?"

"Exact... HEY!"

"Go get your mother."

Sandy heads back, and shortly Samantha returns, and Paul introduces her to Laurel Potter, and they proceed to the exam room with Tesla.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:"Hmm... Let's go find him.". Zanna said, grabbing Doc's hand and pulling him towards the entrance.
"I think they went to the front to look at the cat.". She thought out loud, then glanced up at the wolf.
"Where did you find a lion anyways?". The husky asked curiously, remembering everyone referring to the cat as a "lioness"
Doc followed obediently not complaining of course but at the mention of the lioness he looked at the entrance then back at Zanna meeting her eyes as she questioned him about the lioness.
"Well after the poachers got me under and placed me in a cage somewhere in the woods, she came poking around and lent a paw an helped me get out. From there we started on our way back and I think she may be staying, she asked about somewhere safe but in town i'm not so sure where it would be safe for her"

As the approached the entrance the veterinarian came inside and Doc looked at him but he seemed busy as he went for the counter and talked to a smaller human, Doc motioned over to the doctor.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul walks over to "Doc". "Yes, boy? Ready to get patched up?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"What kind of drawings do you draw?"