17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Blacks quickly grabbed tack and shoved him into a heavily clothed and leather backed pocket inside his jacket and closed the top for no escape. He then accepted the captain's orders and went off with Patrick back to his room after telling him what was to happen, on the way he shoved a piece of bread into the pocket tack was in. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear...good thing I'm quick when it comes to the grab" blacks thought to himself entering Patrick's room.

_____
Pinch was about to run as well instill he saw the rat fall. He then looked at the Fox stuff him into a pocket and began to laugh
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley knew he needed a plan. But he also needed to explore! He knew little of the layout of the ship and needed a base of operations for longer trips. He also knew it was pointless to stay in between the walls, so he once again, poked his head out of the crack in the wall. Gulley climbed his way up the wall and onto the cieling to peer out where he was at. Which, appeared to be port side on the stern castle. He climbed up and hid behind a rail. He peered out to see the goings on. He'd need a better view of the ship to find his own place to stay. And broad day light was not the time! He knew he needed to get back down. But something curious was going on between a ship's cat and a seagull that he'd just noticed, so he decided to watch what happened.
Last edited by xhunterko on Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What exactly did you have in mind?" asked Cedric, trying to buy himself some time.
"I'm tha type ah cat that likes tah be well informed. I like tah know what's goin on in this ship, or in your case, above and around it.". He held out a paw in front of his face, extending his claws.
"I'm not tha on-ly cat on this here vessel Sir Cedric. And most aren't as kind-hearted and well fed as yours truly.". Jin shrugged, looking at the ground.
"I'm just sayin. Maybe you an I chat sometimes. Tell meh bout your day, what cha hear, maybe see. And... Ah don't know...". He shrugs again, moving his hands behind his back.
"Maybe, at the end of the day. Ah make sure yeh don't end up in someone's gut.."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As soon as he feels himself shoved into the pocket, Tackle starts trying to chew his way out. Unfortunately, the first direction he chews is inwards towards the fox. He's pretty soon made to realise the error of his ways though, and he squirms around and starts chewing in the opposite direction.

~#~#~

Cedric gulps, watching those long claws slide in and out of their sheaths and shudders at the though of being dinner. He tilts his head and looks at the cat.
"And I suppose if I don't accept your terms you eat me here and now? Very well. You leave me with no other recourse but to accept your more than generous offer. But I do have one condition. You must provide me with a fish or some such morsel from your dinner plate every now and again as remuneration for the information. Are we in agreement as to the terms of our bargin?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Blacks went over to a table and sat Down on one of the nearby chair, he then grabbed tackle and put him on the table hanging on to his tail. He stared at him for a bit, "so..why did a few bites like you fall on my ? Aand you tried to bite out not the first time it's happened but that's why it's backed with leather. Want some bread? Rum?" blacks asked pulling out his flask and taking a drink
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack just sits in sullen silence, watching and waiting for an opportunity to escape.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley watches and listens in interest. The sea gull would have to be pretty lucky to get anything out of that cat! The gull may as well be dealing with the devil! Still though, if the gull was the bargaining type...

Maybe! He thought, forming a plan.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki spaced out when he gave the ocelots language more thought; so much that everyone was gone when he came to. "Where did everyone go?....Oh well" When he returned his cello to its hiding spot, he went to the captains quarters and knocked on the door. "Captain, ye in there. It's me Tiki."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Serves him right, shoulda stayed down in the bilges where the ship don't move so much when it rolls."

She grins at pinch, flicking her tail jauntily at her trick. "Let's go find the otter, my Captain has a job for him."

And heads off to follow him, but falls behind the larger animal's pace, particularly as she has to take more detours... the ratty passages are laid out by chance and convenience, not for getting from one place to another quickly.

It's only chance that she catches sight of his broad tail on the way back, but doesn't catch up until he's already knock on the cabin door.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hotep the psychic

Blacks looks at the rat a bit more, soon his stomach growled loudly. "up getting hungry. or its just the rum talking, good thing I don't eat rats. to me they have a better purpose." blacks said putting his flask away "but I do remember eating a small wild mouse...wasn't too good but it was appetizing." blacks said smiling a bit and soon let goof the rats tail and set some bread on the table. "you can take some its got garlic in it, its pretty good. like I said I don't eat rats unless I want to or have to. what your name rat?" blacks asked watching him if he were to run.
----
pinch watched bowsprit go off and soon followed until he heard the knock and looked back. "HEY THE OTTERS HERE!!" pinch yelled at bowsprit.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I know, I know, what in the name of Saint Francis is he doing, making me chase him all over the ship? And I've been yelling loud as I can, something wrong with his ears..."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki, right after he knocked heard someone yell about an otter. He only knows about one otter on the ship...him. "Who's there?" he said as he took out two of his throwing knives, ready to defend himself if need be.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Blacks looks at the rat a bit more, soon his stomach growled loudly. "up getting hungry. or its just the rum talking, good thing I don't eat rats. to me they have a better purpose." blacks said putting his flask away "but I do remember eating a small wild mouse...wasn't too good but it was appetizing." blacks said smiling a bit and soon let goof the rats tail and set some bread on the table. "you can take some its got garlic in it, its pretty good. like I said I don't eat rats unless I want to or have to. what your name rat?" blacks asked watching him if he were to run.
Patrick followed Blacks from the captain's quarters. When they got to the room where he previously was, he saw the strange dog as he pulled a mouse as if out of nowhere and began talking to it.
The ocelot leaned towards the table, placing a paw on it.
"Tleca titlatoa?"* Patrick asked "Titlacuaz ahmo?"**

-------------

*- "Why you speak (to it)?"
**- "You will not eat it?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

"ayamo, ahzo tzoyoniz? tilacua?" blacks said back to Patrick eyes focused on the rat.

(translation- not yet, maybe it should be cooked? you eat it?")
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jim shrugged, the information would be worth the trouble.
"Sounds fair ehnuff. Though I can't promise ya it'll be from my dinner.".

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good. Then... you have my word. Now would you please put away those claws?"

~#~#~
Tackle advances slowly towards the bread, then as the fox is momentarily distracted by the ocelot, makes a break for it in the opposite direction. He's glad he can't understand the strange gibberish they're talking because he doesn't like the tone of their voice.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"huh?" blacks said quickely reacting and pouncing on tackle and grabing him tight. "oh no you don't, I thought youd run I still had me eyes on you." blacks said standing back up holding tack with a smile. "your good to play with ill give you that. Patrick titlacua hi?" blacks asked a little jokingly
(translation-Patrick would you eat this?")
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm? Oh, yea, whoops. Forgot ah had them out." He grinned, sliding them back.
"I'm glad weh came to an agreement. I hope tah be speakin to ya soon." He was about to leave, when he paused.
"Unless yeh got somethin int-res-tin tah say right now."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Right as the otter spins around to confront the distant voice, the door opens, and the captain of the ship peers out. "What in Neptune's Beard do you want?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All I know at the moment is that the rats want to search the debris on the reef for treasure. 'Tis beyond my ken how they'd manage it though. That thing must be 10 feet under - far too deep for any rat." says Cedric.

~#~#~

Tackle sinks his sharp teeth deep into the paw wrapped around him, hoping to force it to relax its tight grip on his body.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Shocked, Tiki puts away his knives and begins to speak. "Captain I was wondering when we might be heading to port. I have some things I need to pick up and My tools and my instrument need to be repaired." Tiki thought about some of the events that happened so far. "I also have this feeling I'm being followed..." he said in a cautious manner.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh your lordship wonders about our itinerary, does he? We're leaving when I decide we leave, and if anyone's following you it's probably a rat who can't make head nor tail of what kind of beast you are. If you bother me again, instead of asking your owner, the answer to that will be 'a rug'."

He slams the door, muttering about uppity powder-boys.
Last edited by Argent on Wed May 22, 2013 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"All I know at the moment is that the rats want to search the debris on the reef for treasure. 'Tis beyond my ken how they'd manage it though. That thing must be 10 feet under - far too deep for any rat." says Cedric.
Jin nodded.
"Hmm...I see. Good tah know. I'll be sure tah comp-in-sate ya tha next time we meet." He grinned again.
"Nice doin business with ya." And with that, he waved and walked away. Time for mouse huntin!

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And with that, Gulley figured it was safe enough. He whistled to the sea gull.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cedric breathes a sigh of relief now that the cat has gone. He relaxes, not having realised quite how much he'd tensed up during the encounter, but straight away stiffens again as he hears a whistle.
"Who's there?" he calls, hunting for the source of the noise.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Now that he's caught the gull's attention, he just has to get him to the right spot. Gulley whistles again. On the stern castle, there's a railing. Gulley is hiding behind the first rail close to the stairs.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hearing the second whistle coming from the stern of the boat, Cedric warily flaps over and lands on the railing but keeps his wings outstretched in case an immediate departure should become necessary.
"I said, who's there? Show yourself at once and desist from this silly nonsense!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Like you should honestly have anything to fear from me," Gulley said from beneath the gull, "I however have very much to fear so I'll keep in my spot just below you if you don't mind."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cedric pokes his head under the rail until he can see the rat.
"Ah, there you are. Now what do you want?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit comments to Pinch, "What is it with animals thinking they can treat humans like anyone else? Putting on clothes and a collar doesn't make any difference. Talking to humans is still like talking to a brick wall. They just don't think straight."

She pokes her head out of a hole again, not in any great hope that the otter will see her, but she has to try something.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

" I'm not a powder boy... Tiki murmured as he spun around. Now he has to deal with his "Little" problem "I know you're there. Why are you following me."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Of course I'm here. My Captain has a job for you. The real captain, not this Gifford-come-lately Palgrave. There's money in it, human money you can spend on bread or whatever you care for. We know where the wreck is, but we can't get to it! That'd take, oh, I don't know, an otter..."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I'm game...although, how much of a share we talking bout?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Honestly? Just some info," Gulley said quietly, "I know not the layout of the ship, surprisingly. Being on the outside you must have quite a bit of knowledge that a gentle-gull like yourself would be willing to share."
Argent

Post by Argent »

LovingCorgi wrote:"I'm game...although, how much of a share we talking bout?"
"Half, or as much as you can carry once we fill the Estaurdo Pequeño. It's half a league away, we could never row there and back in a night, but with an otter to tow us it'll be a grand adventure!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh, all I know is the deck and the galley since I can reach that through the porthole. Ha, that silly cook still hasn't figured out where his fish keep going! Why not ask some of the other rats for directions below decks?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Blacks felt the bite and almost loosened the grip but endured it, and then threw the rat up and down catching him and throwing him up in the air again. blacks was smiling a bit.
----

pinch looked at bowsprit. "its a bond thing. if the humans trust the animal enough some will listen to them and cloth them and yadda yadda yadda. also I didn't get yer name, im pinch." pinch said
ImageImageImage
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki thought about the proposition. "Well I can probably pull quite a bit but carrying is out of the question. Although what is the danger level because if I need to fight, I need to take my rifle and my knives, so I wont be able to swim as fast carrying them."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Didn't your mother ever *oof* tell you not to *oof* play with your food *oof*?" he taunts between bounces.
Each time the fox throws him up into the air, Tack scrambles, trying to put distance between himself and the fox, but everytime gravity takes hold again and he plops back into the foxes paw. Realising he's fighting a loosing battle he tries one last desperate ploy and lets himself go limp, as though he's given up or passed out.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ugh, can't stand 'em," Gulley said, "But to be more specific, have you seen any tucked away places a rat like me could stay?"