Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Neko »

Cale saw Rocky leave the store holding a bag, He ran over to him. "What did you buy?"

Sam was still going through all the different racks of clothes. These are some cool clothes. Mom would kill me if I ever wore these though.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:"No, i dont mind at all," She sat up on the couch, remote in hand. "Do you know any good channels?" she handed the remote to Jacob.
"Well, I don't really know what you would like to watch," Jacob replied. "What interests you?"
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

FunkyChickenFace wrote: "Zeke, your collar has actually been completely fried," said Matt. "I tried to work it but it fell apart in my hands. I'm sorry, I'll try and get someone to fix it for you."
Zeke's eyes contracted, slightly before he slipped into light unconsciousness from of shock of the idea his collar is in shambles
Last edited by Rubin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Zander wrote:"No, i dont mind at all," She sat up on the couch, remote in hand. "Do you know any good channels?" she handed the remote to Jacob.
"Well, I don't really know what you would like to watch," Jacob replied. "What interests you?"
"Oh, i dont know. anything really, i dont usually watch Tv though, usually im outside playing, climbing trees, exploring." Joy said, looking up at the roof.

Neko wrote:Cale saw Rocky leave the store holding a bag, He ran over to him. "What did you buy?"
Rocky turned to see Cale, "Oh, umm.... Some... pants?" Rocky didnt know how Cale would react, he could always return them to the store.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Oh really? Can I see?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky took out the folded pants and took off the tag, he unfolded them and held them in front of his legs to see how they looked. He then proceeded to put them on, making sure to buckle the strap that went over his tail. "How do i look?"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

"ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKE!!!!" Frank screamed melodramatically and slightly tearfully. "NOOOOOOO!! DON'T GO BUDDY!!!! I NEEEEEEEEEED YOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"
He turned to Matt, who had rolled his eyes at Frank's antics but was nonetheless concerned about Zeke.
"YOU MONSTER!!!" Frank yelled, "H-HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO POOR, INNOCENT SOUL?!!!"
"Relax, Frank," said Matt. "They give you meds that cause you to fall asleep and lose your memory about the ordeal. You'll barely even remember it by lunchtime."
"BUT MY BUTT!!!"
"Will be fine."
"BUT THEY'RE STI-!!"
"Frank. Shut up."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale studied the pants, "Wicked awesome, they look good on you."

After looking at just about everything in the store Sam emerged from Hot Topic to join Cale and Rocky."Cool pants" she said, admiring Rocky's new pants.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke slowly regained consciousness, mumbling something in Russian about his collar.
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

As Zeke regained consciousness, Matt pulled up to the Animal Clinic.

Frank's efforts to escape redoubled.

"Frank, if you don't stop, I'm asking them to give you a dose of THAT medicine," said Matt, deadpan, as he opened the passenger doors for Zeke and Frank.

THAT medicine was a potent blend of Catnip and Tranquilizers, such that it made him impossibly gleeful from the catnip and yet so zoned out on the tranquilizers he'd do whatever he was asked to do without hesitation. It was essentially mind control, and it was ALWAYS humiliating for Frank. Who knew that Frank on THAT MEDICINE could play the banjo and dance a tango at the same time?

Frank shivered and promptly stopped attempting to escape. The humiliation... it was too much to risk. Matt had too much black-mail already. Meekly, he followed Matt by the leash, resigned to his fate.

"C'mon Zeke, up and at 'em," said Matt keeping a firm grip on Zeke's leash while gently shaking the pet awake. "The faster we get in, the faster we get out."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke obeyed limply, still spouting off Russian. He stared blankly ahead as he got out of the car.
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Matt walked into the Animal Clinic and went to reception.

"Hi, I'm here to drop off my cat Frank and a friend's pet for an annual check up," said Matt. "The appointment's under "Holiday"."

The receptionist was a fairly overweight female of a sour mood.
"Frank Holiday?"
"That's the cat."
"And who's the other one?"
"Zeke Lambert, Domesticated Fox."
"Oh right, I have the Lamberts in here. His appointment was next week anyway. I'll bump him up, we're not to busy today."
"Excellent!"
"Riiight." The Receptionist sighed ill-temperedly. "Frank'll have to go first, as the other vet is still in session with some cat called Peanut Jelly or something."
"Right, Frank, of you go," said Matt, waving good bye cheerily. Frank moped sadly with the vet's aid into the clinic.

"Just hop onto the table please," said the aid in an overly good mood. "Dr. Stones will be in shortly!" She closed the door humming some ridiculously cheery tune as Frank resigned himself to the imminent death of his butt.

Back in the waiting room....
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Flake looked at black pants that would suit him. About 5 minutes later.. He put them on.. and it perfectly fit. He took them off and paid for them. "Well, At least I got something from here.." Flake said to Cale.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke snapped out of his trance. "YOU BROKE my COLLAR? I cant believe you would do such a thing! Make it b-" he stopped and looked around. Hey were ar-Aaaaaaah! no were here? anywhere but here! I dont want to be here! he jumped onto Matt, pulling on his shirt. DO you know what they do to you in there?
~Rubin
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Now that we're done here let's go to the electronics store for Flake." Cale lead the way to the electronics store. Sam followed along quietly, busy looking all the stores they passed.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky followed behind, comforted by his new pants. Some people they passed by stared at him, he just growled and showed his teeth.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Anthroguy101

Henry's arrival

Post by Anthroguy101 »

...and so, not liking the old neighborhood, Henry decided to move back closer to his home and native land. He decided to fix up the old house and give it to a homeless person. "This time it has all the tech the lady and her kid could ever want. I just hope they keep it clean. I don't want all that effort to go to waste." He could have just as easily re-sold it for a profit, but wanted to do something more symbolic.

"The people up there weren't that nice anyway. That's what I get for moving to a little town in the rustbelt. That place surely wasn't what it used to be."

This time Henry picked a house with solar floorboard heating. He also had a huge backyard, where he added a utility-size wind generator. "You know what they say, when life gives you lemons..."

His girlfriend, Ginger, also moved in. Henry has his cars parked in a garage; one which was electric, and the other which ran on liquid fuel.

Henry brought with him another vision. He plans to start another store in the area. "They're doing to this region what has already happened to the Brainerd Lakes Area. I want to join in, too." And so work began on his new store, which started selling American-made goods at an affordable price. "I think this is going to work. When people start seeing the vision, they're going to like what I've done."

Henry lay down in his bed next to Ginger. He stroked her gently as he fell asleep.
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
FunkyChickenFace

Rubin wrote:Zeke snapped out of his trance. "YOU BROKE my COLLAR? I cant believe you would do such a thing! Make it b-" he stopped and looked around. Hey were ar-Aaaaaaah! no were here? anywhere but here! I dont want to be here! he jumped onto Matt, pulling on his shirt. DO you know what they do to you in there?
Matt rolled his eyes at Zeke's antics.
"They kill your butt, I know. Frank has described it to me multiple times. And I said I'm sorry about your collar already! Look, there's a store in the mall that fixes these things, we'll take it there and pick it up when we leave, okay?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke sat on his hands, as if to protect his but. "but but... O.k. that sounds good. fix the collar, fix the collar" He chanted, trying not to think of the Vet. he was quickly lapsing back into Russian.
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Back inside the clinic......

Frank grew increasingly worried as the minutes ticked by. First one. Then three. Then eight. Finally, just before he was going to go crazy with tension, the door opened.

"Good morning, Frank," said Dr. Stones. "I'm Doctor Stones and I'll be your vet this morning."
Frank shrugged.
"What, no threat of mauling?" asked the Good Doctor with a raised eyebrow.
"Eh. I'm resigned to my fate," sighed Frank. "Just get it over with."
"Well. THAT is certainly a different outlook on doctor's visits," said Stones. "Temperature or shots first?"
-sigh- "Temperature. My butt's doomed to die anyway."
The details are... unpleasant. Suffice to say, Frank squirmed.
"Right, that was quick," said Stones to himself. "Standard core temperature, so you seem to be fine. On to the physical."
The details are also rather unpleasant. Frank tried not to accidentally claw anybody.
"And finally, the shots," said Stones. "Say, is your last name a reference to Frank Sinatra?"
"Huh? Oh yeah it -YEOW-!!" Dr. Stones swiftly jabbed the needles in, depressed the plungers, and pulled them out. It was fast, efficient, and only a little brutal.
"All done!" said Dr. Stones. "You need some help getting down?"
"That'd be nice, thanks." Frank exited the examination ward and returned to Matt.

"So, how'd it go?" he asked.
"Meh," replied Frank. "I decided that resistance was futile. You're up, Zeke." He lay down on the ground and immediately went to sleep.
FunkyChickenFace

NOTE: More from the IRC. Ezekiel Lambert is the sole property of Rubin. Overly Happy Vet's Aid and Dr. Stones are mine.

"Ah... Ezekiel Lambert?" asked the Overly Happy Vet's Aid

Zeke snapped back into reality as his full name was called. "Y-Yes?" he answered nervously.
"Dr. Stones is ready for you!" she replied, grinning happily. "Please follow me!"
"Oh no... Your grin is waaaay to happy!" he shivered, but followed close behind. each step sending a shiver down his spine.
"The doctor will be RIGHT with you!" said the aid, showing him into the room. "There's a purple cat putting up a bit of a fight, I'm afraid. He was sent over to help hold her down...."
Zeke's eyes narrowed on the Vet aid. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THESE POOR PEOPLE?"
"Have a nice day!" she chirped, shutting the door with an (to Zeke, at least) ominous click.
Alone in the room, Zeke started nervously spouting Russian Gibberish again.

tick...tick....tick....

Zeke looked at the clock. 'Oh god! its only been three seconds!' He thought to himself

ONE HOUR LATER (ie: 2 minutes)

"Hello Ezekiel, my name is Doctor Stones and I'll be your vet this morning," said Dr. Stones as he opened the door.
Zeke sat on his hands, almost as the door opened. "Strasweche! I mean, Hello..." he said nervously
"Oh, a fox!" remarked Dr. Stones. "Huh. I don't get very many of you guys around here. So, I would assume you're from Russia?" As he said this, he edged closer and closer, hypodermic needles in hand behind his back. It looked like he was just holding his clipboard, though.
"Ummm ya... Howd you guess?" Zeke stuttered, inching away.
"Oh, you know," said Dr. Stones airily, putting his clipboard down on the examination table and the needles underneath. He boosted himself up, careful not to land on Zeke, and sat in a conversational manner. "There's the subtle accent, the fact that you know Russian, and that I do read the Pet Breeding journals. It's a bit cruel how they stick you in a pen without your biological parents. But I do see their point."
"Ya, it is. That was a long time ago tho."
"Sure, sure," sighed Dr. Stones sympathetically. "I guess you're more imprinted on humans now?"
"What, like there my parents or something? No. My mom was a fox, not a rich lady!"
"Oh," said Dr. Stones. "I guess you won't feel betrayed too much by this then."

A needle sprang out of NOWHERE and appeared in his hand, jabbing at high velocity to impact on Zeke's rump and injecting whatever was inside.
"OW!" Zeke screamed at the top of his lungs. He wasn't aware that he could go that high! Somehow, the needle missed his hands, which were almost completely covering his rear, and made it in. Zeke silently cursed the man. "Never mind! your not nice at all!"
"Oh, don't worry," said Dr. Stones. "That was actually a mix of anise and some tranquilizers. I figured you'd be a bit nervous, which it turns out was an understatement, and it should help you calm down a bit. Stress is bad for pets, you know."
"What? No not again!" his nose was almost immediately tingly again, and he went cross eyed trying to figure out what was crawling on it. "What’s with you people?" he screamed as he tried to run to the far corner.

Dr. Stones stared blankly. "Well. That backfired rather immensely."

The concentration of the anise was higher then the piece of tripe, and already working its magic on Zeke's mind. "I dont Care Howmany PandaNinhas I Have to fight! You wont do that again!" shouted Zeke, shaking a loosely balled fist at the doctor, still cross-eyed.

Dr. Stones continued to stare blankly. "Then again, this could work pretty well."

Zeke took a step forward, and fell flat on his face. He tried to get up, but his arms gave out, and he fell to the floor again. "stupid fat pandaman... thing" were the last words he spoke before slipping fully into his daze.

"Ahh," said Dr. Stones to himself. "Well, that didn't go THAT badly after all." He gently lifted Zeke onto the examination table and took his temperature. While that was going on, he was also able to get the booster shots in.
"Okay, slightly lower body temperature, but that should be normal from the tranqs," he muttered, making a notation on his clipboard. The physical examination was concluded swiftly, and he carried Zeke out to Matt.
"Good morning sir," said Dr. Stones. "I take it this fox is under your care?"
"Err, yes," said Matt. "Is he okay?"
"Oh I gave him some tranquilizers to help with the stress, that's all. He should be fine with an hour’s rest. Have a good day, sir." Dr. Stones deposited Zeke on a nearby chair and returned to the clinic.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote:Rocky followed behind, comforted by his new pants. Some people they passed by stared at him, he just growled and showed his teeth.
Cale heard the growling, slowing down so he was next to Rocky. "You ok?"

Sam followed behind, unsure what to think of Rocky's behavior.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Zander wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:
"Oh, i dont know. anything really, i dont usually watch Tv though, usually im outside playing, climbing trees, exploring." Joy said, looking up at the roof.

"Ok loverbirds." Enya said, coming up to them with a tray of biscuits, sweets and more Russian tea in another golden pot. She set it down on the coffee table in front of Jacob and Joy. "You two eat treat cookie all that accompany each other ya? I go backyard swimming pool do suntan. Ciao!" Enya said, slipping on her sunglasses and walking out the other end. "Wow, this is freakin' awesome! 100 channels and Internet access all in one TV! Shep exclaimed, already discovering a wireless keyboard underneath the coffee table and began scouting YouTube for funny videos.

Enya walked out to the pool and seated herself on one of the beach chairs at the edge. She picked up her cell phone and dialled Frank's home. She waited patiently as she heard the dial tone go on and on, waiting for her boyfriend to pick up.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob watched as Enya left the room. As he picked up one of the biscuits, he looked over at Joy and said, "Did she just call us 'loverbirds'?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

"...Yeah... i think so." Joy laughed to herself, then turned back to Jacob.
"Do pets even get suntans?"

Rocky looked at Cale. "Yeah i'm fine."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob thought for a second, then said, "It would be pretty hard with all the fur. Unless she means she's getting a furtan."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"If you say so." Cale turned his attention back to the electronic store which they now stood in front of.

"Oooh" Sam said rushing off inside.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob thought for a second, then said, "It would be pretty hard with all the fur. Unless she means she's getting a furtan."
"I guess you could do that." Joy wondered why you would want to get a tan, but shrugged it off

Neko wrote:"If you say so." Cale turned his attention back to the electronic store which they now stood in front of.

"Oooh" Sam said rushing off inside.
Rocky followed behind Sam, running into the store.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"I don't understand people that waste time getting tans all the time. Then again, I can't get one, so of course I wouldn't." Jacob ate the biscuit in his paw and handed one to Joy.
FunkyChickenFace

"Would you like to schedule your next appointment sah," asked the grumpy receptionist as Matt slung both slumbering pets over his shoulder.
"Actually, we wanted to get the Fox an MRI," said Matt. "He's exhibiting some amnesia and we wanted to make sure he doesn't have brain damage."
"We don't have a radiology department, sah," replied the receptionist. "The nearest one is in Yorkshire Fields, an hour's drive away. Would you like to make an appointment there too?"
"Err, no," said Matt. "Just an appointment for the next check-up then."

Two typos and a noncommittal grunt later, Matt was out the door with both pets over his shoulder. He gently put them down in their seats and drove off for the pet park.

"I'll just let them sleep it off there," he said to himself. "I should probably get a newspaper though...."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:"I don't understand people that waste time getting tans all the time. Then again, I can't get one, so of course I wouldn't." Jacob ate the biscuit in his paw and handed one to Joy.
Joy took the biscuit from Jacob and start nibbling on it herself, tasting how the, somewhat odd biscuit tasted.
Joy turned to Jacob. "These taste different, are they like, different dough or something?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Enya dozed off on the beach chair as she waited for Frank to call back. The phone slipped out of her hands and dropped on the ground. It startled Enya, and she woke up, looking around frantically. Breathing a sigh of relief, she picked up her phone and made sure it's working. "Hmmm....it funny. Why Frank never picking up?" Enya asked herself, a bit upset. She tried a few times again, but there was still no answer.

She got up and stretched, disappointed and lonely as she trudged back to join Jacob, Joy and Shep who were probably enjoying her big screen TV by now. But she felt this tightening sensation around her chest area. She stopped for a moment, lightly thumping herself and continued on. Soon afterwards, her chest suddenly tightened so much that she screamed out loud. She was suddenly having difficulty breathing. She fell to the ground, gripping her chest as she struggled to the beach chair for her Breathalyzer, only to realize she had forgotten to bring it with her.

"HELP!!!!" Enya cried out, trying to reach for the back door to her house.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob shot up when he heard the screaming. "Enya?" He began dashing towards the pool as fast as he could. "Enya?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy's ears turned around toward the back door, soon followed by Joys head. she looked around. "Did you hear that? It sounded like someone said help." Joy got up from the Couch, knee hurting slightly, and motioned for Jacob to come with her.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Jamie and Josh were still having fun running around, when suddenly, they both heard a scream for help. Stopping, Jamie said, "Did you hear that?" Josh nodded. Running over to the direction the screams were coming from, Jamie then set Josh down, and, began knocking on the door. "HELLO? IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"ASTH.....MA......I NEED..ING....AIR....HELP!!!!" Enya whimpered through her spasms. She gripped her chest and attempted to stand. Her vision started to get blurry as not enough oxygen was being supplied to her body.

She fell to the ground again, dangerously nearing the pool. She wasn't aware but she still got on her knees to stand and try to walk.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Shoot!" Jacob said as he got to the pool, hearing Enya saying something about asthma. "Where's her inhaler at? Dang it! WE NEED A DOCTOR!"
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Jamie stopped as she heard further yells and exclamations. Turning to her little brother, she said, "Josh, STAY HERE." Josh nodded. Then, suddenly, Jamie ran toward the fence used her claws to climb, and, saw someone having somekind of attack. Climbing over the fence, she ran toward where the girl was and said, "What's wrong with her?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"<I got one!>" Dr Rashid hollered from his office as he sprinted with her inhaler in his hands.

Enya was already screaming silently in pain, still gripping her chest and going out of control. Her vision had gone from a blurry grey to a dark red and black was soon settling in. She began to cry in fear as it had begun to go from bad to worse.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy heard the extra yelps for help. She motioned toward the door. "You go get the door and see whose knocking! Ill go and see whats happening!" With that said, she ran as fast as her injured leg could take her and bust open the back door,(opened it really fast, not broke down :P) to see Enya having an asthma attack, and her butler (im guessing) running down the hall toward the door. Joy moved out of the way for the Butler to pass, thankful that it was handled.

-Robert Louis Stevenson