Reply to topic  [ 2435 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
17th Century Fox 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post 17th Century Fox
See the OOC thread for the background, rules, etc...

The good (tho occasionally bad, and sometimes downright piratical) ship Impudence had been shadowing the Ave Necia, a somewhat smaller merchantman, among a small group of mostly uninhabited islands. It kept most of its sails down in hopes of remaining unseen, waiting for an opportunity to close under the cloak of a headland. Unfortunately, the boat had proven smarter than rumored and as soon as it got a good wind it took flight for Cuba.

Captain Palgrave decided that a stern chase was a wild goose chase, especially with half his sails still furled, so he let the witless bird escape. The ship was on the edge of turning back to pick up fresh supplies in the little archipelago when the lookout saw something adrift on the ocean. On drawing closer, it was seen to be a crude raft with someone, or something, sprawled on it... the Captain sent out a boat with four men and one otter aboard, and as they approach the raft they saw that the occupant was an animal, some kind of spotted cat...

BEGIN

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 16, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 1133
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
When the boat reached the boat, Tiki took his rifle and poked the spotted cat. "Hey! you OK?"

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
The sun, the ocean and the wind were all that the ocelot remembered for days. Then he simply closed his eyes and stood like that, exhausted and awaiting his end calmly.

But that day there was something different. He heard different sounds and for the first time in days his dry nose smelled something else... someone else... or maybe it was his mind playing tricks with him again? He couldn't tell, he was too weak. All he could do is to try and curl up, but what he managed to to is to turn to the sound of a voice. He barely opened his eyes and saw blurry figures... he wanted to greet them, but all he could do is moan weakly before he fell unconscious.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Thu May 16, 2013 1:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 1133
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Tiki decided to take the ocelot back to the ship with him and the other men. "Captain! We found a drifter. I think he's unconscious. Splash him with water."

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks spotted the impudence from his little dingy. Soon he unfurled the small sails as his owner slept. He then put a white flag for help to signal the ship, after so he woke up his owner. He snorted and sat up, "what is it blacks is it a ship" he said seeing the ship eyes wide. "dont woorry were headed that way already, and i raised the flag dont worry. Hopefully there crows nest spots us." blacks says sitting down on the bow of the dingy, his oowner grabed the rudder waving at the ship. Soon a pop sounded and water started leaking in, blacks grabed the bucket and splashed water out. Then he saw the ocelot being hauled aboard.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu May 16, 2013 1:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 1133
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"Captain Captain we have another dingy on the port bow, what should we do? They are waving a white flag!" Tiki's owner, Jack said.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Sitting in his cabin, Captain Palgrave grinned. "A boat is it, now, I'm thinking we might be finding ourselves something worth salvaging from this fiasco after all... bring the poor things aboard and see if there's any profit to be made from them... and keep an eye out for the vessel they came from, even if it's foundering it'll be worth a looksee." He stood and headed for the deck.

And behind the Captain's chart-case, William Bandy grinned. "A boat is it, now? I'm thinking we might get a jump on our Mister Palgrave. Bowsprit! Head up into the yards and see if you can stir us a lookout of our own, one of them birds you've been making friends with."

And so by the time the captain reached the deck, a little rat was halfway up the mizzen, heading for a squabbling pair of gulls she hoped would recognize her.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 16, 2013 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17046
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Christopher was climbing around the ropes between the masts when he noticed a commotion going on. He hooked his tail around the nearest cross beam, hanging down to look around. He saw a raft being brought aboard with some sort of cat, and a ship floating to port. He quickly climbed back down to the deck to talk with his master, Johnathan Drake.

"wha's goin' on, then?" Christopher asked to Johnathan.

"looks like we may 'ave gotten us some new shipmates, Christopher," the man answered. "Whether they be friends, prisoners, or if we just toss 'em back is up to th' cap'n."

"Looks to be an interestin' day," Christopher said before heading over to investigate the cat on the raft.

"This looks to be a strange cat," Christopher said as he approached the raft. "Any idea what kind it is?" he asked the otter who had brought it aboard.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu May 16, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 1133
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Tiki takes a closer look at the "cat". "It looks to me like an ocelot." Quickly changing the subject "I think I'll go for a swim, maybe get some fish while I'm out."

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 16, 2013 4:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 704
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Abhay was hanging on a mast near the crow's nest. He shielded his eyes from the sun and looked out over the islands. "It's a beautiful day at sea." he said to the world in general.

_________________
My RP Characters:
Lucky Richardson

Ryyn Evern


Thu May 16, 2013 4:26 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17046
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
LovingCorgi wrote:
Tiki takes a closer look at the "cat". "It looks to me like an ocelot." Quickly changing the subject "I think I'll go for a swim, maybe get some fish while I'm out."

"'Ave fun. I'll be keepin' an eye on the ocelot," Christopher said. "I 'aven't seen one up close before."

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu May 16, 2013 4:35 pm
Profile YIM
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2681
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
WeirdGamer wrote:
Abhay was hanging on a mast near the crow's nest. He shielded his eyes from the sun and looked out over the islands. "It's a beautiful day at sea." he said to the world in general.


"Ssalways ah beau-iful day when yer out in the big blue ocean"
A voice remarked behind him.
Leaning against one of the wooden walls that enclosed the crow's nest Jin picked something out of his teeth with his claws, flicking it absent-mindedly down to the deck below. Though he was speaking to the mongoose on the mast, his eyes were drawn towards the commotion down below.
"Shame we lost the merchant ship back thar though." He said, continuing to carry on the conversation.
"Would have been a fine loot that one."

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Thu May 16, 2013 5:05 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Abit later blacks and his owner were helped onto the ship as the dingy sunk quickley into the water. "well this is a nice ship" blacks said quickley moving through all the people and getting an eye around the ship. His owner james looked around and caught an eye on blacks on the bow looking at the crows nest. "so whos the captain of this ship?"he asked a bit loudly

Blacks came back after hearing him say that on the way he spotted a loose coin sack on one crew member and with ease snatched it off and put it away as he looked back to see the leather string hanging freely. He smiled and stood by james.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu May 16, 2013 5:39 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6898
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Tack watches with interest from his position atop the fo'c'sle as the ocelot was hauled aboard. At first he thinks it looked dead but as he watches he sees it beginning to stir under the ministrations of the crew. Great. Another cat. Like we don't have enough already. Sally will want to know about this, he thinks and scurries off to the bilge to inform her.

~#~#~

Sir Cedric, perched in the rigging watches with disdain the scene unfolding below. You'd never catch him looking so bedraggled as that cat. Another gull lands on the rope beside him. "Oh do be more careful. You're ruffling my feathers." he complains. The other gull starts squawking about how it's a free world and a bird can perch wherever she wants without having to worry about whose bit of rope it is or whose feathers she ruffles. Cedric opens his beak, ready with a sharp retort but is cut off as a small but sharp set of talons wrap around his ankle.
"Keearh! Watch those claws! You'll scratch me!" he screeches at the small rat who owns the offending set of claws.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 704
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Roarin wrote:
"Ssalways ah beau-iful day when yer out in the big blue ocean"[/color] A voice remarked behind him.
Leaning against one of the wooden walls that enclosed the crow's nest Jin picked something out of his teeth with his claws, flicking it absent-mindedly down to the deck below. Though he was speaking to the mongoose on the mast, his eyes were drawn towards the commotion down below.
"Shame we lost the merchant ship back thar though." He said, continuing to carry on the conversation.
"Would have been a fine loot that one."


"Yes, well you can't win them all." said Abhay looking up. He flashed a quick smile and looked back across the ocean. "After all, fortunes change..."

_________________
My RP Characters:
Lucky Richardson

Ryyn Evern


Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hotep the psychic wrote:
"so whos the captain of this ship?"he asked a bit loudly

Blacks came back after hearing him say that on the way he spotted a loose coin sack on one crew member and with ease snatched it off and put it away as he looked back to see the leather string hanging freely. He smiled and stood by james.
A pair of heavy hands settles on the pair's shoulders from behind.

"I might be the captain of this ship, and what can you and your light fingered beast do for us, to justify the cost of rescuing a brace of criminals like you?"

Captain Palgrave looks over the side.

"We can't even sell your wormy hull. You took dashed poor care of that fine little skiff, breaks me heart it does. And neither of you have a pelt like your fellow castaway over there"

He waves a weathered hand at the ocelot.

"I dare say that'll fetch a handful of reals"

Hlaoroo wrote:
Cedric opens his beak, ready with a sharp retort but is cut off as a small but sharp set of talons wrap around his ankle.
"Keearh! Watch those claws! You'll scratch me!" he screeches at the small rat who owns the offending set of claws.
"It's me, Sir Cedric, your friend and boon companion, Bowsprit! Captain William has a mission for you! We're needing your speed and skill and sharp bright eyes, and time is short... if we can beat the great slow humans to the prize, who knows what we might win!"

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 16, 2013 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
james turned and faced the captain. "well we were marooned on the skiff from our last vessal, they mutinied on us and killed our captain then threw us in that skiff. I know the crew like the back of me hand and they'll be headed to there caves to split our final plunder. We were a good pair in boarding partys and looting, me meself was a good cannoneer or deckhand. Blacks there is good for anything you need him for aint ye blacks?" james asked looking at the fox as he was counting coins from two different pouches he stole already. "15...16.17..18.19...huh oh ay anything mostly plundering, boarding and such. As me owner said id do about any work. OY you with the mangly rag on yer head check your pouch!" blacks said to a deck hand in the back as he hid the two pouches in his black coat. soon he saw the deckhand go crazy looking for his pouch, cautious blacks placed a paw on his cutlass nad the other on his dagger.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu May 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6898
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Cedric can never resist flattery. Shaking free his ankle from the rat's grasp he puffs up his feathers, making sure he's loud enough for the gull on the rigging next to him to hear. "Well, it is true that I'm the fastest flyer and that my eyesight and flying skills are incomparable. In fact, I was renowned for them in England which is why I was knighted. You rats would amount to nothing were it not for my arrival on this ship. As always, my services are at your disposal." he bows graciously to Bowsprit, watching from the corner of his eye the other gull roll her eyes in disbelief.

~!~!~

Tack darts under the deck and follows it along to where it is punctured by the chains connecting the wheel to the big rudder. Spitting on his paws for grip he shins down the chain, and then slips through a hole in the bulkhead and into the bilge where he informs Sally of the new arrivals and recruits a few "expendable" rats to suss out the severity of threat posed by the new cat. Leading them up to the main deck he sees that the large feline is still out cold. Changing tack he dismisses his pack, opting instead to observe for a while longer how events pan out. This provides the dual purpose of allowing him time to ponder how he might turn the situation to his advantage if the cat wakes up. Although he appears superficially to be devoted to Sally, his real loyalty lies only with himself. If he can use the cat to depose Sally and enthrone himself, he will. He'll have to make sure that his involvement goes unnoticed though. It would require much thought and careful planning. Making himself comfortable in a coil of rope, he settles down to watch, wait, and think.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hotep the psychic wrote:
james turned and faced the captain. "well we were marooned on the skiff from our last vessal, they mutinied on us and killed our captain then threw us in that skiff. I know the crew like the back of me hand and they'll be headed to there caves to split our final plunder. We were a good pair in boarding partys and looting, me meself was a good cannoneer or deckhand. Blacks there is good for anything you need him for aint ye blacks?" james asked looking at the fox as he was counting coins from two different pouches he stole already. "15...16.17..18.19...huh oh ay anything mostly plundering, boarding and such. As me owner said id do about any work. OY you with the mangly rag on yer head check your pouch!" blacks said to a deck hand in the back as he hid the two pouches in his black coat. soon he saw the deckhand go crazy looking for his pouch, cautious blacks placed a paw on his cutlass nad the other on his dagger.
The burly Englishman shakes his head sadly. "I've heard of the both of you. And I see neither of you is as smart as you think you are, and the Lord only knows how you got a reputation for cleverness."

The Captain's great mitt closes on Black's scruff, and the collar of James' coat, and frog-marches man and beast together into the cabin next to his.

"First, I want your dog to put the purses he plundered into my hand, with the money back in them. Then I want you to set your bragging mind to thinking up a way I can let you live after that miserable demonstration of sheer stupidity on the deck. What on earth was going through your head?"

Hlaoroo wrote:
Cedric can never resist flattery. Shaking free his ankle from the rat's grasp he puffs up his feathers, making sure he's loud enough for the gull on the rigging next to him to hear. "Well, it is true that I'm the fastest flyer and that my eyesight and flying skills are incomparable. In fact, I was renowned for them in England which is why I was knighted. You rats would amount to nothing were it not for my arrival on this ship. As always, my services are at your disposal." he bows graciously to Bowsprit, watching from the corner of his eye the other gull roll her eyes in disbelief.
The little brown rat bows low to the big bird, "And thankful we are of that! My captain... the true captain, of the line that's sailed this ship since England... doesn't let a day go by without making note of your services! And here is the service we so dearly need on this day: the human captain, he's convinced there's prey for this ship, crippled and wounded, wrecked on a shoal, perhaps, or dis-masted and foundering in the troughs. He's setting his best lookouts on the mainmast to search of sight of it. But... if your keen eyes were to light on it first, what treasures might we pick from under the human's very claws?"

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks shrugged and handed him the pouches. "sheer habit mate if I see opportunity I take it, all in good fun id have returned it later if I found him again. decides it also proves to you that I'm use full in getting things you may want from other people....um james should I show him?" blacks asked looking at his owner "sir I am not bragging just explaining what happened to us tis all hoping you'd accept us on your ship.....and no blacks we shouldn't you know what price it has and you never had shown it for five years" James said answering back Blacks looked away disappointed at the fact. "its stupid hiding it...but we've never really trusted anyone fully so he's right" blacks thought ot himself looking back at the captain. "anyways captain I can understand if you don't want us aboard after the display my pet did. if you drop us do it at shore well stay in the brig till then, at least I will" james said looking at blacks who was looking outside the window. "he is a true sailing pet likes it outside not cooped up.. your choice captain if you want decides I cant really persuade someone with nothing to show for" james said finnally

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6898
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Argent wrote:
The little brown rat bows low to the big bird, "And thankful we are of that! My captain... the true captain, of the line that's sailed this ship since England... doesn't let a day go by without making note of your services! And here is the service we so dearly need on this day: the human captain, he's convinced there's prey for this ship, crippled and wounded, wrecked on a shoal, perhaps, or dis-masted and foundering in the troughs. He's setting his best lookouts on the mainmast to search of sight of it. But... if your keen eyes were to light on it first, what treasures might we pick from under the human's very claws?"

"What use does a rat have for treasure aside from decorating his hole? I'll do it, but only because I'm in the mood for stretching my wings. I trust I shall receive proper remuneration for services rendered?

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Thu May 16, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hotep the psychic wrote:
Blacks shrugged and handed him the pouches. "sheer habit mate if I see opportunity I take it, all in good fun id have returned it later if I found him again. decides it also proves to you that I'm use full in getting things you may want from other people....um james should I show him?" blacks asked looking at his owner "sir I am not bragging just explaining what happened to us tis all hoping you'd accept us on your ship.....and no blacks we shouldn't you know what price it has and you never had shown it for five years" James said answering back Blacks looked away disappointed at the fact. "its stupid hiding it...but we've never really trusted anyone fully so he's right" blacks thought ot himself looking back at the captain. "anyways captain I can understand if you don't want us aboard after the display my pet did. if you drop us do it at shore well stay in the brig till then, at least I will" james said looking at blacks who was looking outside the window. "he is a true sailing pet likes it outside not cooped up.. your choice captain if you want decides I cant really persuade someone with nothing to show for" james said finnally
The captain takes the bags, and whistles, and gives them to a little dog who comes running up all grey fur and outrageous whiskers. He names the sailors they were taken from, and says "See they get them back, Jock, and tell them to keep their valuables inside their shirts when they're roaming around the deck... there's too much to catch on, and they were lucky they didn't drop them overboard."

Then he turns back to the pair. "And you're lucky I need good crew, and I'm willing to believe you can be good crew. These are dangerous seas, and we're playing a dangerous game, riding the edge of respectability until I can pay off "King" Juan's loan. We can't have men or beats who can't trust each other, so if you've got habits like that keep 'em under control. I'm giving you three chances, that's two more than I'd give most. And you've already used two of them up."

Hlaoroo wrote:
"What use does a rat have for treasure aside from decorating his hole? I'll do it, but only because I'm in the mood for stretching my wings. I trust I shall receive proper remuneration for services rendered?
Remunerated with what? Rings and coin? There's treasure, and there's treasure. The kind that you and I treasure, that we can eat, and the kind that humans treasure, that we can trade for. I've won a loaf of bread it took three rats to carry off for just one of those coins they call real!"

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2681
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
WeirdGamer wrote:
"Yes, well you can't win them all." said Abhay looking up. He flashed a quick smile and looked back across the ocean. "After all, fortunes change..."


"Yeah well. Ah personally prefer it when we win." He responds, still gazing down at the commotion on the deck. His ears twitched at the sound of the captain's voice.
"Ay, look. Sounds like the captain's found some shipwreaks. Wonder if they got any loot on em... Would make up for loosin the ship back there..."

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Thu May 16, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 704
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"We should go see what all the fuss is about then." suggested Abhay. He motioned for Jin to follow him, and began climbing down the mast, quickly making his way down to the deck.

_________________
My RP Characters:
Lucky Richardson

Ryyn Evern


Thu May 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 1133
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Tiki was enjoying his swim. It was rare that he ever got to go swimming and not have a risk of being left behind. "ahh, this feels great. too bad jack can't experience this with me, being the look out and all. Maybe I'll go visit him after I catch a few fish." Tiki swims back to grab a net, so that he can store the fish he catches.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 16, 2013 9:12 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
James sighed a bit in relief then looked at blacks who held a place of paper in his paws. Soon he put it away in his coat and looked back at James. He then left to roam the boat some more after promising not to steal much from crew. James looked back at the captain"well captain where do you need me" James asked now following the captain.

Blacks made his way towards the the bow of the boat not seeing tiki in the water next to him. Soon he grabbed his own treasure pouch and looked at a small red ruby he pulled from it. He then put it back and grabbed a coin then a ball of Linux and put that back. Last he pulled out a clam that was un opened.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6898
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Cedric doesn't have to think about it for long. "I am a gentlebird. As you won the bread fairly I'll let you keep half. Stand back!" Spreading his wings, he launches himself from the rigging. He drops a few yards, then as his wings catch the breeze he soars upwards, dwindling in size until he's just a speck in the sky. He circles a few times, always making sure to remain over the boat, and then swoops back down to land on the yardarm before making his report to the rat below. "I can't see the ship but theres a fair bit of debris on the reef off our port bow. She's probably broken up and drifted away. Anything heavy she might have been carrying is probably sitting right on top of the reef."

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu May 16, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu May 16, 2013 9:46 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2681
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"Right behind ya mate." Jin called out, before climbing down the ladder after the mongoose. He checked his belt on the way down.
Gun still in its holster, good...

Meanwhile...
The soft sound of a violin/fiddle strings resonated out from the stern of the deck. Not that most people could hear it, the waves the ship was making accompanied with the natural sounds of the sea and the commotion on the boat masked the sound of the nameless classical song.
At the epicenter of the noise was a white furred dog, eyes closed, concentrated. It was times like this Rhyme enjoyed, uninterrupted and peaceful. Not many people came back here, which was why she liked it. Her fingers flew across the strings as the bow stroked them. A, D, E F#, back to A. Rhyme thought to herself as she played. She didn't get to play pieces like this in public, with a crowd like pirates who preferred a more upbeat tune. Not that she didn't enjoy playing those either. She mused over that thought as she continued to play.

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Last edited by Roarin on Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17046
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Christopher got a bit bored waiting for the ocelot to wake up on his own. He looked around to see if there was anyone watching before attempting to slap the feline awake.
"If yer alive I'd suggest wakin' up. We don't keep corpses on this ship."

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Was this a dream? The ocelot couldn't tell... everything was so blurry to him... but then he heard... voices... he was sure of that... he felt a few pairs of paws to touch him, hold him, move him.
Then voices again. One voice however came later, closer. It spoke... and he felt pain... pain meant that he was still alive!
The ocelot gathered what little energy he got and opened his eyes and saw a slightly blurry figure of some small creature. He jumped to the opposite side of the creature, landing sideways but quickly getting on his shaky feet, keeping low and ready to fight, hissing and growling at it.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Fri May 17, 2013 4:48 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"I hear of you stealing anything from anyone who isn't what I'd call a legitimate victim, and you're off the boat... land or no." The captain stalks back to the deck, just in time to meet an angry wildcat. He's not dumb enough to try and grab this animal by the scruff, so he bellows "Stand back, mates, and we'll see if this beast knows what a pistol is... be a shame if I had to put a hole in that pretty pelt."

He holds his flintlock on the cat, and draws a short sword... a fine blade it is, no common knife, but every bit sharp and deadly as the sailors cutlasses and dirks as they back away from the angry animal.

Up atop the mast, Bowsprit has a bright idea. "Treasures on the reef, you say? If you can fly over there and bring back some shinies, before the humans can tromp all over them, that would be a marvel!"

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Fri May 17, 2013 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks heard the sound of a cutlass being drawn and turned quickley seeing the ocelot up and the captain with his cutlass out. He then went over closely to see what was gonna happen a paw on his cutlas and dagger again if he was going to try and slice him. "The blokes to weak to fight, by the time he brings that thing down hed be dead...but if i intervene would it be the right thing?"Argo blacks thought to himself he then went up to the ocelot, a bit cautious and put a paw on his shoulder. "oy you ok? Hungary thirsty? Whats your name?" blacks asked him

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Fri May 17, 2013 7:14 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"James, I told you to keep that dog of yours under control."

He swings his blade towards the fox.

"Friend of yours? If he is, tell him I ain't going to hurt him, but stay back and out of my way. I ain't going to hold my fire if you don't... but if I had a choice I'd rather hit you than him, he's worth more in Havana."

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
The ocelot saw the large man coming at him and turned to face him. He wasn't about to give up without a fight.
However, when the man pulled out his weapons, the feline managed to recognize the blade as deadly, though he was sure the other thing in the man's hand was just as deadly. He glanced around just to see the other humans drew out their weapons too.
He didn't stand a chance and he knew it. He knew he wouldn't even manage to fight good, let alone escape. One way or the other, Fate made her choice for him... and it was only fitting for him to accept it.
The ocelot stood up as much as he could, calm, strong, proud and silently stared at the man who just spoke... until a strange creature interfered. He never seen it's kind before, his very smell was alien to the feline. When that creature however put a paw on the ocelot's shoulder, the cat simply pushed it back, then growled at the man with the blade to bring his attention back to him.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Fri May 17, 2013 7:33 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks then turned him around quickley and grabed the ocelot tightly, then stared into his eyes."you better calm down man, hell kill you trust me because im the one right now trying to help you. If you keep struggling against me ill be sure your tied up. Now again whats your name? And are you thirsty? blacks said growling a low threat slowlyly releasing his grip to prove his point. His claws not even out yet.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Fri May 17, 2013 7:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
The ocelot was now sure the strange creature was threatening him. The moment it loosened it's grip, the feline kicked it in the stomach, grabbed it, swung it above his head and tossed it in his feet.
Then he simply stared at the leader once more.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 1133
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Returning from his fishing trip, Tiki throws his fish load into a barrel and makes his way down to the cargo, only to come back up screaming. "Jack! Have you seen my cello!?" Peering down from the crows nest, he yells. "Remember you hid it with you 'suit', so no one sells it!"

_________________
Image
Image


Fri May 17, 2013 8:46 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Captain Palgrave laughs out loud at that. "That's one way to deal with a clever dog." There's a few chortles and cheers from the crew, as well.

He lowers his blade, but keeps his gun raised. "Move back, lads, we can give this fellow time to think. Give him a chance to choose if he's going to be crew or cargo."

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Fri May 17, 2013 8:54 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
It seems the leader of those men and animals was please by the ocelot's actions. The man lowered his blade and that was proof enough for the feline that he might have won the chance to live once more. He looked at the other weapon in the man's hand, then at him, then back at the weapon, and back at the man. His feet however, weren't as strong as his will and gave up, causing the feline to fall on his knees. He also noticed his sight was becoming blurry yet again. He was to fall unconscious once more and soon. He tried to think of a way to make them understand him and all he could think was to tap a few times on his chest with his right paw, then to curl his paw into a fist, before falling on all fours and fall down, unconscious once again and breathing heavily.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3069
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"That's one answer, I guess. Move 'em off to the side somewhere. Yes, even the dog, if someone steps on him it'll be messy. Best keep 'em apart for now."

He stops and thinks.

"Put the cat in a cabin, not mine, let me think... stick him in Juan's cabin *, that's all packed up for now and it'll be good to make use of the wasted space. Strip the bed, though, no point risking good sheets."

* Juan Acosta's cabin, the "owner's cabin", never used.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2435 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hotep the psychic, Roarin and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.