HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"hehehe , I see , well I guess nothing to worry about then , and now that I know for sure that's the case , I can do THIS !" the fox said , suddenly bolt straight toward the door on all fours (her legs were still numb so this is actually the only way she could get any speed at the moment), call back at Samantha with a grin "sorry , no way I'm waiting for him just to be stuck here even longer!"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Yeah, that's right." Tesla confirmed. The corgi's ears perked at Zanna's offer, "Sorry, Z. We haven't got one of those."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:The mountain lion simply made a "Hmmph..." sound, crossing her arms, tail lashing.
But she continued to trail behind him nevertheless.
Doc kept a steady pace before he realized the time of day(OOC: Oh so does anyone know around what time it might be, I was thinking midday but im not 100% sure) hopefully it wouldn't be a whole day's trek through the woods back to town and after a while of silence and the sound of pads on the ground the sight and sounds of the town broke through the tree line, though as Moonbeams scent and tracks had mostly faded they came out near a road where it looked like there was some major wreck with small pieces of something on the ground. Doc looked back at the lioness worried but keeping a serious tone.
"We need to try not to look suspicious. But I think this road leads somewhere into town, from there we can navigate to the clinic."
As he said this the events of last night unfolded again, he regretted leaving them but what choice did he have? It was him or them. He just hoped they'd got back safely and the poachers were long gone.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Foxes need to look ahead as well as back, and for the second time today Sandy is bowled over by a running canine, this time the muscular young man almost manages to keep his legs under him as a flash of white fur entangles herself in them.

Samantha is NOT happy with the words he uses, but she saves her breath for trying to get ahead of Nadia while she's recovering from the impact.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"urggh , this is just not my day !" Nadia muttered, trying to get back up, it was either get away now or get on the human's blacklist , and it's looks like she's losing the bet , getting kinda dizzy after that tumbling
She tried to move , and after a few seconds managed to get on her 2 feet , since her wrist hurt again after that , once again run like there's no tomorrow
"this day can't get any worse"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Fri May 17, 2013 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

LovingCorgi wrote:Koa smiled and wiped away his tears. "You mean you believe me?"
As Joan gives Lucky directions to find the timothy pellets in the pantry, the vegetables in the fridge and the bowls and glasses of water for the other pets, John becomes instantly suspicious at Koa's remark. He didn't win the Holmes Wannabe Award in his during his graduation celebrations at high school for nothing!

"Is there some reason I shouldn't?" As Koa opens his mouth to reply, John, crouches level with him and continues. "Is there something you haven't told me? If you want me to help you, you need to tell me the whole story, or else I could end up just making things worse for both of us. If you'd rather talk to me privately we can go into another room."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"No *sniff* I'm not hiding anything. I mean there was this one herb that I'm only allowed to use, and I only used it on myself no one else." Koa thought for a second. "Oh my dog! The shipment! If they get that shipment at the clinic they'll get ahold of the seeds and all my stuff. They can't get those seed their dangerous and expensive!"

________

As Koa said those word a large truck pulled up with a trailer full of boxes. A man walked into the clinic and Waited to talk to the receptionist.
Last edited by LovingCorgi on Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Usually when people say they're not hiding anything it means they are." John observes. "Are you sure there's nothing else? It really is in your best interest - and mine too - for you to tell me the whole story, if you really want me to help you. I promise I wont judge you, nor will I discuss it with anyone except the Doctor and probably Joan, since I can't keep anything from her."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I got nothing else to say...I was worried you wouldn't believe me because there are things here that I can't do that I can do over in Hawaii. But seriously those seeds can be dangerous if not handled properly."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John's curisoity is aroused now. "What's so dangerous about a few plants? As long as there's nothing illegal about them...?

By now, Flynn's shivering has completely stopped and his breathing is much more even. Sighing slightly, he shifts again as he begins to reawaken.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky was coming back in with his arms full of food and even a can of orange soda for Ryyn. He noticed that Flynn was waking up, so he set the food gently on the floor and wandered over to Flynn? "Flynn, how you feeling?" he whispered gently.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Well they carry a type of bacteria that is permeable to the skin. When this bacteria gets in your body you suffer from delusions, can cause forgetfulness, stomach aches, headaches, and surprisingly chronic flatulence. Although, if eaten, this seed can cause one to collapses for an unknown amount of time and can cause the whole nervous system to shut down, causing paralysis since it is in it's premature state. You can think of it as pandora's box in the form of a seed. They only grow in Hawaiian environments thats why they are only found there. They are legal, although very few have obtained the right to grow and use this plant. My owner... sorry ex-owner, sent me the materials I need to grow these herbs so that I could teach veterinarians on this part of the US to use them properly." Koa took a deep breath "Any questions?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Wow. How could that be safe? Or practically useful?" John wonders out loud.

Flynn's eyelids flutter half open and he slurs "Wha... wha ha'nd?" still only half awake. Joan strokes his forehead again to soothe him. "Shh. It's ok. You've just had a bit of a shock and a rest, that's all."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"We'll in its mature state it can be used to heal various infection in a heartbeat, and increase cell regeneration." Koa looked at his leg. "The only reason I'm able to move to this degree is because of that herb."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Want some food?" asked Lucky, holding out some lettuce to Flynn.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Uuhhh," replies Flynn.
"Perhaps not yet. We should let him wake up properly first." smiles Joan.
Wow. It's like a miracle cure then? Assuming it works. You should patent it." replies John.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:"We need to try not to look suspicious. But I think this road leads somewhere into town, from there we can navigate to the clinic."
"Right... a mountain lion and a wolf...not suspicious." The mountain lion seemed to drag that thought out for awhile, maybe sarcastically. But she nodded to him in confirmation, making no other comments.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Me and my group that discovered the effect and all that already did. I guess all I can hope for is that they don't open any of the packages that are delivered to the clinic."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury accepted the water with a grateful nod, keeping his mouth shut to suppress a cough. After imbibing a sufficient amout if water, the cat's throat was soothed and he could speak, "It's good to see you're awake." He said to Flynn, "Maybe soup would better suit you?"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Takes the water happily as he quickly slurps it down. Man was his throat dry and dusky. After licking his muzzle dry he finally speaks up. "Um Flynn's Mom and Dad, we aren't causing any problems by being here right now are we?..."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn just stares blankly, his still-dopey mind trying to process the words.
"Im not sure he's quite awake enough to eat anything at the moment, boys.
Something clicks in John's mind. Wait a minute... How does a dog get the training to do research like that? Then to Ryyn, No, no. Not at all. It's no trouble.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc smiled, nodded back then continued down the road with his anticipation growing to finally not be in threat of being turned into someone's fur cap and actually get back into civilization, having somewhat forgotten what it was like to be hunted. They got stares and glares from passing cars but hopefully no one would call animal control.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion followed closely behind in silence. Whenever a car would pass she'd cringe, flattening her ears and glaring at them after they passed her.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:"urggh , this is just not my day !" Nadia muttered, trying to get back up, it was either get away now or get on the human's blacklist , and it's looks like she's losing the bet , getting kinda dizzy after that tumbling
She tried to move , and after a few seconds managed to get on her 2 feet , since her wrist hurt again after that , once again run like there's no tomorrow
"this day can't get any worse"

Kandi had just come in the door with an arm full of boxes, that had just been delivered to the clinic.
Samantha were you expecting an shipment of supplies today?
When she hears the cursing and commotion going on down the hallway, with Sandy stumbling over yet another escaping pet, or was it a feral this time.
Oh really, another escape attempt. what are you feeding these pets? locoweed?
Kandi tosses the boxes into the path of the escaping fox, then bars the doors.
Sorry honey, your not getting-out this way.
reading to catch the fox, when it comes near enough.
Last edited by Keeshah on Fri May 17, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sandy picks himself up, and then picks the fox up, and she's soon back in the recovery room with Samantha. "I don't know why you're worried about your owner. If it's the treatment, we'll set up a payment schedule, but what you've already had isn't much... and running away won't change it anyhow."

Paul arrives in the aftermath. "What are these boxes... wait a second, these aren't for us: look at the name, they must have put the wrong address on them! I don't even know any Doctor Ano."

He pages through the paperwork.

"Oh, oh, this could be real bad. Just leave the boxes there and call the constable. I'm going to get everyone out of the clinic. These are for that crazy dog, there could be anything in them."

Pretty soon everyone's sitting in one of the outbuildings, waiting for the police to show up.
Last edited by Argent on Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:Kandi tosses the boxes into the path of the escaping fox, then bars the doors.
Nadia stopped dead in her track , with no way out "you can't be serious" she grumbled
Argent wrote:Sandy picks himself up, and then picks the fox up, and she's soon back in the recovery room with Samantha. "I don't know why you're worried about your owner. If it's the treatment, we'll set up a payment schedule, but what you've already had isn't much... and running away won't change it anyhow."
"no , it's not that....you wouldn't understand..., if it isn't much , that also means I just gotta stay til he comes right ?" the fox asked , hope for a "yes" , no way she's gonna stay here overnight , that would prove Josh was right , and like she would ever accept that.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Kandi tosses the boxes into the path of the escaping fox, then bars the doors.
Nadia stopped dead in her track , with no way out "you can't be serious" she grumbled
'fraid that i'm quite serious hon.
Argent wrote:Sandy picks himself up, and then picks the fox up, and she's soon back in the recovery room with Samantha. "I don't know why you're worried about your owner. If it's the treatment, we'll set up a payment schedule, but what you've already had isn't much... and running away won't change it anyhow."
Why don't you strap them down to the exam table? or at least use your kennel cages to confine them, where they can't get loose and go scampering through the halls.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Argent

Post by Argent »

The back buildings aren't nearly as nice as the clinic. This one is all plywood partitions and cages, but it's big enough for three humans, three dogs, a fox, and a marten to spread out comfortably. Paul hangs a blanket over a cage at the end.

"An owl with a busted wing, she's kind of touchy about dogs, and I don't want her waking up."

And the fox goes in another cage at the other end of the barn.

"Now, Nadia, your owner's expecting you to be here when he gets here, which is going to be a couple of hours, after the police have dealt with those packages. After that it's up to him, he's you're responsibility... but up to then you're mine. That's the law."

Cinnamon has wedged himself up under the roof, where he can watch the front. And keep up a running commentary.

"Wow, they've got the police dogs. Those guys are TOUGH! And a guy in some kind of space suit, looks like, and they're sending the dogs in to pick 'em up! Ain't that just like humans, don't wanna get their space suit dirty. And they're sniffing them all over... that little one's... no, he's not going to open it right there! He is! They're crazy! The space suit guy is holding some kind of bags of something... they're putting it all in some kind of armored van. Wow, they've got some COOL stuff."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote: "Wow, they've got the police dogs. Those guys are TOUGH! And a guy in some kind of space suit, looks like, and they're sending the dogs in to pick 'em up! Ain't that just like humans, don't wanna get their space suit dirty. And they're sniffing them all over... that little one's... no, he's not going to open it right there! He is! They're crazy! The space suit guy is holding some kind of bags of something... they're putting it all in some kind of armored van. Wow, they've got some COOL stuff."

Hmmm That must mean that there is some kinda of explosives in those boxes. I wonder if there thinking there a bomb an are going to blow them up? or just illegal fireworks that they will just burn in the incinerator?
Hope they tell use if they are going to blow them up, so we can make sure we got all these, "rabbit blooded" pets calmed and locked down before the big sudden boom..
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon looks down at Kandi. "There's no rabbit blood here! I'd smell it for sure! besides, that rabbit we had last night was pretty nice. I mean, the rabbit we had visiting, I didn't eat him, his owners came and took him away, right?"

He peers out the gap again. "They're all gone, no, wait, here comes Mister Friday!"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:Cinnamon looks down at Kandi. "There's no rabbit blood here! I'd smell it for sure! besides, that rabbit we had last night was pretty nice. I mean, the rabbit we had visiting, I didn't eat him, his owners came and took him away, right?"

Kandi face palms..
being "Rabbit blooded" (doing the air quotes), means they have a tendency to run off, at the drop of a hat.
Argent wrote:He peers out the gap again. "They're all gone, no, wait, here comes Mister Friday!"

Well that must mean we have the all clear
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Why would you do that, hats aren't scary! Except maybe the one that space suit guy had, that was awesome. Oh, it's all clear? OK!"

And he's out the door and half way to the ranger by the time anyone else has a chance to move.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:Why don't you strap them down to the exam table? or at least use your kennel cages to confine them, where they can't get loose and go scampering through the halls.
"WHAT ?! NO ! You don't have to do this , I won't run anymore ok ? Just--argh , you're not even listening !"
Argent wrote:The back buildings aren't nearly as nice as the clinic. This one is all plywood partitions and cages, but it's big enough for three humans, three dogs, a fox, and a marten to spread out comfortably. Paul hangs a blanket over a cage at the end.

"An owl with a busted wing, she's kind of touchy about dogs, and I don't want her waking up."

And the fox goes in another cage at the other end of the barn.

"Now, Nadia, your owner's expecting you to be here when he gets here, which is going to be a couple of hours, after the police have dealt with those packages. After that it's up to him, he's you're responsibility... but up to then you're mine. That's the law."
"pff, law my fluffy tail, please just let me out!I promise I'll be good , honest!" the fox pleaded as seemingly sincere as possible "uurrggh ! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! AND A COUPLE OF HOURS?!"
Keeshah wrote:Hmmm That must mean that there is some kinda of explosives in those boxes. I wonder if there thinking there a bomb an are going to blow them up? or just illegal fireworks that they will just burn in the incinerator?
Hope they tell use if they are going to blow them up, so we can make sure we got all these, "rabbit blooded" pets calmed and locked down before the big sudden boom..
"what kind of backward thinking is this? those humans gonna left us to burn to death with that kind of logic" Nadia thought , left out a breath as a sign of being annoyed
Keeshah wrote:Well that must mean we have the all clear
"great , can I please get out of--"
Argent wrote:"Why would you do that, hats aren't scary! Except maybe the one that space suit guy had, that was awesome. Oh, it's all clear? OK!"

And he's out the door and half way to the ranger by the time anyone else has a chance to move.
"SIXTOES! COME BACK HERE!" needless to say at this point the fox would literally tear anyone that managed to come near her apart , and seeing that weasel ran off like that doesn't help either
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul is firm but sympathetic. "Apart from running away after your owner was called, you've been pretty good. But that "running away" part is kind of a problem. Don't worry about Kandi's fantasies, if they really thought they were a risk they'd have had us move further away. They just like playing with their Homeland Security toys."

He goes out to talk to the ranger, and sends Cinnamon back to the shed. They talk quietly for a while, out of earshot. Cinnamon's complaining to anyone who'll pay attention that he can't HEAR anything doesn't help.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa takes his phone back from Kousa and dials the number for the clinic.
Last edited by LovingCorgi on Fri May 17, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

after Paul left , Nadia just sat there , ignoring everything else , including Sixtoes , right now she's not only raging at him , but also jealous , while he's out there , complaining , she literally can't do ANYTHING , the thought of asking the weasel to let her out did come up , but after that the fox can't be sure she'll be calm enough to left him in one piece , especially now that thanks to him and his owners , the chance of her getting out of this town within the next two months is pretty much out the window , well actually because she agreed to that bet in the 1st place , but still...
"uuuuuuuuurrrrggggghhh......'" she let out a....grunt ? groan? this time just randomly out of frustration and boredom
Argent

Post by Argent »

The clinic phone rings unheard.

Half an hour later, Samantha and Sandy start herding the animals back to the clinic. Paul comes back with a cellphone, and hands it to Nadia through the bars. "It's Josh. I'll let you talk to him, then if he tells me I can let you out, I'll let you out."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hearing footsteps , Nadia almost lunge at the bar , but managed to stopped when she realized it's Paul ,"thank you..." she said , taking the phone , trying to be as civilize as possible despite the fact that's she's screaming inside just for the very thoughts that her freedom is now decided by *his* hand "this is gonna be good"
"hello?"
"Nad ? You ok?"
"I'm in , a , cage , does that sound ok to you?"
"at least you're well enough for that , and for that stunt you pulled just now"
"....tsk"
"what were you thinking trying to runaway like that anyway ? Seriously are you that scare of--"
"WHAT I--what I thought or did isn't matter now is it !"
"Anyway , there's a bit of a problem , I don't think I'm gonna get there til at least a couple of hours later , so just stay calm and stay in there ok?"
"WHAT?! J-Josh , no no no no no Josh Josh don't do this , it's not funny , look I'm already agreed to stay here , alright ? I'm not gonna run away , I promise , just tell him to let me out....urgh...please?"
"Nad I'm really sorry about this , but I really can't trust you with something like this , it's not the 1st time this happen either , so it's not like there's some way to guarantee that you won't run away again if I let you out , I'll be there as soon as possible I promise"
"Josh....we've been through a lot together , and because of that , I really appreciate you , so much that I'm willing to put up with staying here , while she's out there , on her own , and possibly not gonna survive for much longer , just because it's what you wanted , for me..." the fox said , her voice sounds like she's about to cry , but that change , a bit unexpected , to a voice somewhat filled with anger when she reached the next bit "...but that's it man , you do this now, and I'll walk out on you the moment I get outta here , I am going to find her , even if it's the last thing I do , so don't make me do this , I don't want to , but I will , if that's what needs to be done..."
"alright....*sigh*....I'll ask Mr.Walton to let you out , but you have to stay there ok?"
"yah...ok...." she then return the phone to Paul "here you go sir"
~~~~
"If it's not too much trouble you can let Nadia out sir , but if she tries to run away please do anything possible to prevent it from happening , and please also keep this between us"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn nods gently to Flynn's parents before walking around looking for the nearest book. Once one was found he sat in Flynn's room again with the blanket curled around him as he began to read it.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul sighs, "You accept responsibility, if I let her out, and she runs, it's not my fault?"