HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

John shakes the proffered paw. "Nice to meet you. Thanks for getting Flynn out of there. I doubt he'd have survived if not for you. We're indebted to you."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Um...don't mention it." said Lucky slightly embarrassed. He wasn't used to such high praise, even from his parents.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I kind of have to tell your owner, girl, especially if I'm going to continue to treat you."

He thinks about the other pet with "owner problems" he's met recently.

"Does your owner happen to have a small dog as well?"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Argent wrote:"I kind of have to tell your owner, girl, especially if I'm going to continue to treat you."
"argh ! great...just..."
Argent wrote:"Does your owner happen to have a small dog as well?"
"well , no , just me....what kind , I mean breed of small dog exactly?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, that reminds me," pipes up Joan, distracted momentarily from Flynn. "Did you consider any more the offer I made last night?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa's ears perked up when he heard Joan. "Last night.....offer?" Pause. "Was she the one who offered to adopt me?" he said to himself
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Um."

Paul tries to remember exactly how what happened last night before the Porters left.

"Things have changed, there may have been some misunderstanding about the animal's circumstances. There was some unpleasantness this morning, and we don't know quite where he is. I'd suggest warning your pet to be careful if he meets him again..."

He pauses.

"This is probably not the best time. Flynn should be OK, he seems to be sleeping, and there's no need to move him. I ought to take this fox here to the clinic, because I don't know what her problem is. I hope she's cooperative about that."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"This is probably not the best time. Flynn should be OK, he seems to be sleeping, and there's no need to move him. I ought to take this fox here to the clinic, because I don't know what her problem is. I hope she's cooperative about that."
"*sigh*.....sorry ,to have troubled you like this sir" Nadia said , as uncomfortable and annoying the idea of going to the clinic can be , she knew she pretty much doesn't have any saying . Though Doc did managed to keep the situation from going worse , she can barely move her limbs now , and it would just out right weird to lying in someone else's house like this , so the fox just closed her eyes and let Doc does his work
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed May 15, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We understand. Let us know how things pan out. Is there anything else we should do for Flynn? Should we try to wake him or let him sleep? And what happens when he wakes up? Do we need to keep him bed-ridden for a few days?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"hmph.... Kousa can you here him....he's calling me a bad dog." Koa pouted. Kousa looked at him. "Well you did accidentally make the wrong calculations with Rusty's size and level of sugar tolerance." "That is true and very rare. I guess when they said that my candy was specially made for me meant that if other took it I would have to cut the size, if they were smaller than me." Koa's ears started to twitch with agitation. "I can't keep hiding like this... maybe once the doc leaves I'll introduce myself to her and say that I'm in need of a home without telling the whole story." "That might work, although I know you don't like it, but you have to act cute and hopeless. Don't worry about your pride." "I don't mind the cute part, but acting hopeless is going to be tough."
Crystalwind

Post by Crystalwind »

Snow stepped out of the house, breathing a sigh of relief. "Finally. That's everything set up except that one table." It had been a hard move, but now at last it was pretty much done.

She decided to take a brief walk through the neighbourhood. There wasn't a lot left to do back at home, so she thought she might as well have a look around. This place seemed a lot nicer than that old town, she had to admit. However, she was slightly worried that she might not fit in. "Oh well. No point worrying about that just yet." she muttered to herself as she walked.
Who wouldn't attempt to acquire the thiiiiing?
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

"Um vet person, please don't hurt the fox, she didn't do anything wrong. And when will Flynn be better? There was also a part of him wondering if he still had to stay or not, not that he had anywhere better to be that is.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Rusty looked at the tray, looking at all the letters.

"Let's see." He whispered to Tesla. "We have two Es, two As, a S, a T, and a M."
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't worry, boy, hurting her is the last thing I want to do."

"Flynn should be OK once he wakes up, take it easy for a few days, no more adventures in mysterious tunnels, but there's no reason to treat him like an invalid."

With John's help he gets the fox comfortably ensconced in the back seat and is soon tooling off down the road out of town.

---

The game has hardly gotten properly started when there's another spray of gravel against the wall and the vet's calling for his son to help unload a sick animal. There's much yelling to and fro just outside the window. One of the voices was much louder than the other.

"Fox? I thought he was a rabbit, Dad!"

"Still haven't had any of the owners show up... the road was blocked by what?"

"I'm not shouting!"

At that point Sandy stops shouting.
Last edited by Argent on Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

When the doctor left Koa and Kousa came out from hiding. Koa put on his best sad face and went to introduce himself to Joan. "Hi, Mrs. Porter. My name is Koa and I'm one of Flynn's friends. I heard the doctor say that he be OK, and I was so happy. Although I couldn't help but overhear you saying that you offered to adopt a dog that was in the clinic. Is this true?" He couldn't find a way to finish this conversation without revealing part of the whole story. He was also struggling saying nice things about doc.
Last edited by LovingCorgi on Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As John thanks the Doc and helps him out to the car with Nadia, Joan looks up from stroking Flynn's forehead as he sleeps. "Was that you we were talking about? I did offer to adopt a dog but I wasn't told his name - just that his owner perhaps wasn't taking care of him as well as he could be, and that he had certain special needs." She pauses in her stroking as she remembers Paul's words and looks curiously at Koa. "I suppose you heard Doctor Walton mention the unpleasantness you caused at the clinic. You're not... how do I put this delicately...?" Unable to think of a better word she continues carefully. "Dangerous are you? I wouldn't want Flynn or John getting hurt at all. Care to elaborate on what happened at the clinic?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa frowned. "Well I was looking for something to do and I had some candy. Unfortunately One of the dogs didn't heed my warning on how sugary it was, and I made a slight miscalculation of its effect on dogs smaller than myself." Koa looked down on the ground. "The dog ate the candy, had a massive sugar rush, then collapsed because of all the energy depleted. I was able to wake him up because I'm trained in the medical arts, although when the vet saw me mixing with my herbs, he assumed I had poisoned the dog. They can't tell what a sugar rush is obviously." Koa saw no point in explaining any further, what were the chances of her believing him. "Never mind, you don't want a dog like me. I'll just leave. Come on Kousa I guess I can live in the forest for awhile. Can you tell Flynn I said goodbye. Oh and Kousa can you call the post office and tell them to deliver my stuff to the edge of the forest." He hands Kousa his phone as he was walking towards the door trying to hide the tears now leaking from his eyes. "Bye everyone, hope to see you wandering in the forest sometime."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John can't just let the corgi walk out like that. For that matter, he's not even sure how the corgi can manage to walk with such a big cast on. "Hang on, hang on, hang on," he calls out. "It was just a simple misunderstanding. And you probably shouldn't be walking on a big cast like that anyway. Stay here for a while and I'll see if I can't smooth things over with Doctor Walton at all. I need to talk to him about getting some hay for Flynn's hutch anyway. Besides, we'll need to work out what's happening with that dog Joan offered to adopt too."
Beside him, on the heated mat, Flynn stirs slightly and his eyelids flutter gently as he floats up from the depths of unconciousness to a lighter REM sleep.
"I think he might be starting to come around." observes Joan. "We should give him a bit of space. I don't want him freaking out and going into shock again if he wakes and sees everyone staring at him."
"Yes." agrees John remembering finally the rest of the pets. "What are we going to do with you all? Do you need us to call your owners or did you want to wait in Flynn's room until he wakes up...? I'm afraid we haven't got much in the way of carnivorous food but I can offer you drinks. We do have plenty of rabbit food though, if you want any, Lucky."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu May 16, 2013 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote: The game has hardly gotten properly started when there's another spray of gravel against the wall and the vet's calling for his son to help unload a sick animal. There's much yelling to and fro just outside the window. One of the voices was much louder than the other.

"Fox? I thought he was a rabbit, Dad!"

"Still haven't had any of the owners show up... the road was blocked by what?"

"I'm not shouting!"

At that point Sandy stops shouting.

Kandi comes back out to the front..
Whats all the shouting about, out front here now?
Have you let the little animals get the better of you again?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Kandi, you wouldn't believe what these animals have managed to do. You can read about it in the papers tomorrow... I don't want to say more than that because I've only got a fraction of the story...."

"Let's get this young lady into the exam room and see if we can figure out what's wrong with her. It could just be heatstroke but she's been in a cold place, not a hot one. We have a fever, headaches, weakness... and she is an arctic species..."

Soon Nadia is propped up with ice bags and fever medicine and an intensely curious pine marten, while Samantha gets on the phone to her owner. Back in Cinnamon's room the three dogs are left to figure out how to play Scrabble with half the instructions missing.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa smiled and wiped away his tears. "You mean you believe me?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"urrggh..."Nadia groaned , after almost an hour just lying there , the fever and headache has subsided a bit , and she could move her arms again , so that's good , though the legs sorta tingling a bit.
"what happened ? oh yah...that rabbit..*sigh*....I should really get outta here..." She said , without even open her eyes to see if anyone was there to hear , not that she forgot , just....too tired to even bother.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon pops up. "Yeh, where you gotta go? You going to run off like the other dogs?"

He stretches closer, whiskers twitching.

"You don't smell like a dog! I bet you're a fox. Am I right? Am I right?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla thought for a moment, "Tame." He said, "Put tame in the board, please!"
~~~
Mercury tossed around trying to get comfortable, but his coughing caused him to give up. The cat sat up at the prospect if a drink, "I'd like to stay here if I may, my dad's out of town." He tried clearing his throat again, "And can I have a cup of water? "
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:Cinnamon pops up. "Yeh, where you gotta go? You going to run off like the other dogs?"
" GAH!" the fox literally jumped and fall down the floor with a big "thud", that's one way to get out of lazy land
"well no , I'm not gonna run off , for now anyway"
Argent wrote:He stretches closer, whiskers twitching.

"You don't smell like a dog! I bet you're a fox. Am I right? Am I right?"
"ouch....! geeez ! Yes I'm a fox , what...erm...I mean who're you?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon jumps back and perches on a chair. "I'm Sixtoes! I'm a pine marten, and I work here, and you're a patient and shouldn't be jumping around like that! DAD!"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I jumped because you came out of nowhere , and I'm fin--no don't call--" and Nadia just facepawed , there goes the chance of getting out of here unnoticed
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Raises a paw in question at the water. "Could I have something to drink too? Maybe even a little Orange soda....?" He shyly rubbed the dust from his fur before giving himself a quick shake.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I would love some rabbit food!" said Lucky happily.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"T-A-M-E, Right?" Rusty said, as he began to place the four letter word on the board.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon is surprised. "I didn't come out of nowhere, I was right here, trying to put this screw back in the extension arm trim wheel on the exam table! Oh, hey, I have a great idea!"

He darts out just as Samantha comes in with a phone.

"Hello there, I'm Mrs Walton, and I've been trying to get ahold of your owner. I'm afraid the state animal registry is out of date or something, they have this number here, is it right?"

The number that Samantha has been trying to call is not one that Nadia has ever seen in her life.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:Cinnamon is surprised. "I didn't come out of nowhere, I was right here, trying to put this screw back in the extension arm trim wheel on the exam table! Oh, hey, I have a great idea!"

He darts out just as Samantha comes in with a phone.
"hey ! Six ! come back!"
Argent wrote:"Hello there, I'm Mrs Walton, and I've been trying to get ahold of your owner. I'm afraid the state animal registry is out of date or something, they have this number here, is it right?"

The number that Samantha has been trying to call is not one that Nadia has ever seen in her life.
"Nah sorry Mrs , that's not it , I have my owner's number if you need them , but can I please just go , it's nothing serious and I don't want him to worry about me for something like this" She paused for a sec , then added "Don't tell him I said that"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"That's up to the doctor, and your owner. It doesn't sound like nothing important to me."

Cinnamon comes back, with his phone, which he quickly hides behind himself when he notices Samantha's still there.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

" *sigh*.....I know you won't believe me but...nevermind , here's the number"
Nadia said , while giving Sixtoes an angry glance , had that ferret-pine-whatever just be quiet for a few more minutes she wouldn't even be here like this
Argent

Post by Argent »

*Thump*

The table wobbles as a piece of metal on the left side falls off and clatters on the floor.

"CINNAMON?"

"Why are you blaming me? I wasn't even in the room! It was the fox, she ... uh ... OK, I can fix it!"

"See that you do. Since Nadia is mobile, I'll take her to the recovery room to finish this, that table better be back together by the time I get back, or I'm selling you to pay for it."

As Samantha leads the fox further back into the bowels of the clinic, a very worried looking weasel starts looking for the screw he dropped.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Nadia just slightly frowned , this is just not her day , seeing Sixtoes in trouble is sort of satisfying though , sort of , the truth is she doesn't want anything to happen to any animals , but hey , that weasel did try to blame her for what he did just now , so it's all even out
"that weasel....you were just saying that right Mrs.Walton?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Best not say one way or the other where it might get back to him... Paul is unaccountably fond of the little monster."

She makes a note of the new number and dials. "Hello, Mister... ah... Lundgren? You're the owner of a fox named Nadia? Yes, I'm Samantha Walton at the veterinary clinic, my husband just brought her in suffering from heat stroke. No, I don't know... if you could come around to pick her up and talk to the doctor... yes, Doctor Paul Walton..."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm..." Zanna thought as she looked at her tiles than at the board. Glancing over at Rusty and Tesla she leaned over in their direction.
"Psst. Do you guys have a "D"? I'll trade you an I.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"Best not say one way or the other where it might get back to him... Paul is unaccountably fond of the little monster."

She makes a note of the new number and dials. "Hello, Mister... ah... Lundgren? You're the owner of a fox named Nadia? Yes, I'm Samantha Walton at the veterinary clinic, my husband just brought her in suffering from heat stroke. No, I don't know... if you could come around to pick her up and talk to the doctor... yes, Doctor Paul Walton..."
on the other side.....
"Thank you so much mam , I'll be on my way , and please keep an eye on Nadia , she has a tendency of slipping off , I'll be right over" *beep* "Nad , oi...I told you to take care of yourself..."
~~~
"this is just awesome , why am I even following this human's word anyway , I could easily make it through the door!" Nadia thought to herself , looking back and about to make a get away attempt
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha folds her phone up, yells out "SANDY!", and continues her interrupted comment, "I doubt I could get enough for him to pay for a new table, anyway."